5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:18 pm

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

When you meet a person who has exceptional integrity, you know that there is just something different about them that might feel like an attracting force. There’s no real secret to being a person of integrity, and becoming that type of charismatic, honest person is something that everyone should try to accomplish for living a life of authenticity.

Personal integrity is being true to who you are, personally, in spite of who you are with at the time, since your relationship should only define a part of who you are. Integrity is a way of being honest in your actions and it is what makes you a trustworthy romantic partner, business partner, and member of society.

People with integrity are people whose words and actions match and often inspire us to want to be like them. These are the role models of our society. They show up and do what needs to be done. People with integrity are problem solvers and movers and shakers.

In this article, we will explore the 5 things that people with integrity do differently and how we can adopt their best habits for ourselves.

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently


1. Do what you say you will do

Have you ever failed to come through for someone who you made a promise to? People with integrity inspire us because they are consistent with the fact that their word is their bond. They act differently by committing to keep promises that they have given. If you can say the same thing about yourself, then that makes you a person with integrity that acts differently than those who do not.


2. Stand up for what is right

Bullies are not going to like what a person with integrity has to say. The same goes for anyone who is using belittling language or name-calling. People with integrity sick up for the little guy when the little guy is getting picked on.

They have an innate sense of right and wrong and seek to balance the scales of justice. When someone with power is abusing their power, people with integrity are there to defend the powerless. Abuse of power is an injustice. People with integrity see others being treated as ‘less than’ and come to their defence.


3. Look in the mirror and commit to positive change

Part of a healthy level of self-evaluation is looking at whether or not we hold ourselves accountable to the same standards that we hold others to. We cannot be justified in pointing fingers at others when we haven’t cleaned up our own houses first.

You may have heard the saying that when you point one finger, there are three pointing back at you. Judging others’ faults is an easy trap to fall into, but instead of putting others down, people with integrity lift others up by owning up to their own flaws.

None of us is perfect and embracing those parts of you that you want to change is something that people with integrity are doing differently. Not only do people with integrity acknowledge their flaws, they seek to improve themselves in the areas that need changing.


4. Take ownership for solving problems, even when the fault lies elsewhere

People with integrity are different in that they assume the role of leader when no one else will. Maybe it wasn’t your fault that someone left trash in the hallway, but people with integrity see that there is a problem and take ownership of it anyway. Another thing that people with integrity do differently is that they are also more likely to be volunteers or people who champion a cause for the little guy.

One model of management theory in the workplace is that of Servant Leadership, as described first by Robert Greenleaf.

Greenleaf says that these are the traits of a servant leader:

1 listening;

2 empathy;

3 healing;

4 awareness;

5 persuasion;

6 conceptualization;

7 foresight;

8 stewardship;

9 commitment to the growth of people; and

10 building community.



5. Act sooner rather than later

People with integrity don’t wait to act in case someone else jumps in first to save a drowning person; they are the ones who jump first and come to the aid of their fellow man and woman as often as possible.

In a journal article on personal accountability in the workplace, former NASA mechanical engineer Roger M. Boisjoly says, ‘If good and knowledgeable people observe wrongdoing and simply turn away to protect their own self interests without attempting to correct the wrongdoing, they become part of the problem.’

Boisjoly spoke up a year prior to the disastrous Space Shuttle Challenger mission in 1996 and NASA’s fatal decision to launch in spite of known problems for the operating temperatures of the O-rings. This is one example of how failing to act quickly is one thing that people with integrity do differently; acting sooner rather than later can impact the lives of many people.

https://www.powerofpositivity.com/5-things-people-integrity-differently/

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:32 pm

I do the first two, but I'm not sure about the other three. Another example of a "perfect" person, designed to make people feel inadequate. Why are you searching for this garbage eddie? Laughing

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:45 pm

Well I'm not searching, I just come across these things.
But you should never stop "searching" rags.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:47 pm

eddie wrote:Well I'm not searching, I just come across these things.
But you should never stop "searching" rags.

It's not good to search for that kind of nonsense IMO. People are what they are - there's no point in trying to be a "perfect" person.

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Syl on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:53 pm

I think you instinctively know whether someone has 'intergrity' or not.

When it comes to yourself, other people are the best judge of what we are like.
Most people tend to see themselves in a good light.

The other thread that asked are we the same on forums as we are in real life....has anyone answered yet that they are a bastard both on and off forums? Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18923
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:56 pm

Rags, who's trying to be perfect?
How is aiming to be a better version of yourself, trying to be perfect?

It's only dangerous if you don't understand what these lists are trying to convey and you live your life by them, thereby losing your identity.
And you'd have to be pretty stupid to do that.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:58 pm

eddie wrote:Rags, who's trying to be perfect?
How is aiming to be a better version of yourself, trying to be perfect?

It's only dangerous if you don't understand what these lists are trying to convey and you live your life by them, thereby losing your identity.
And you'd have to be pretty stupid to do that.

You can work out for yourself how you should change - if you want to. You don't need some anon person on the internet to tell you how to be.

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:59 pm

Syl wrote:I think you instinctively know whether someone has 'intergrity' or not.

When it comes to yourself, other people are the best judge of what we are like.
Most people tend to see themselves in a good light.

The other thread that asked are we the same on forums as we are in real life....has anyone answered yet that they are a bastard both on and off forums? Razz

I think I have integrity, and I don't need a list of how to be. Laughing

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Rags, who's trying to be perfect?
How is aiming to be a better version of yourself, trying to be perfect?

It's only dangerous if you don't understand what these lists are trying to convey and you live your life by them, thereby losing your identity.
And you'd have to be pretty stupid to do that.

You can work out for yourself how you should change - if you want to. You don't need some anon person on the internet to tell you how to be.

Yeah, but who reads these articles looking to submit to whatever some writer on the internet says? The purpose of these articles is to suggest ideas you might not have thought about; I rarely see any of them saying "if you're going to be a decent person you better do what I say."

There are, of course, other texts that do that Wink

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26386
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:08 pm

Exactly.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You can work out for yourself how you should change - if you want to. You don't need some anon person on the internet to tell you how to be.

Yeah, but who reads these articles looking to submit to whatever some writer on the internet says? The purpose of these articles is to suggest ideas you might not have thought about; I rarely see any of them saying "if you're going to be a decent person you better do what I say."

There are, of course, other texts that do that Wink

Well if someone hadn't thought about it, they don't have a problem. Now they have a problem probably.

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Rags some people aren't perceptive or intuitive or even that bright. So perhaps these lists will give them something to think about.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:21 pm

eddie wrote:Rags some people aren't perceptive or intuitive or even that bright. So perhaps these lists will give them something to think about.

Why do they need to think about it in the first place? If they're being a pain in the arse, others will tell them so.

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Rags some people aren't perceptive or intuitive or even that bright. So perhaps these lists will give them something to think about.

Why do they need to think about it in the first place? If they're being a pain in the arse, others will tell them so.

They will, huh?

You've never had anybody who annoyed you to no end, but you didn't want to seem rude so you said nothing?

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26386
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Syl on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:I think you instinctively know whether someone has 'intergrity' or not.

When it comes to yourself, other people are the best judge of what we are like.
Most people tend to see themselves in a good light.

The other thread that asked are we the same on forums as we are in real life....has anyone answered yet that they are a bastard both on and off forums? Razz

I think I have integrity, and I don't need a list of how to be. Laughing

Quite....though I bet no one would ever think that don't have integrity...whether they do or not. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18923
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:29 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why do they need to think about it in the first place? If they're being a pain in the arse, others will tell them so.

They will, huh?

You've never had anybody who annoyed you to no end, but you didn't want to seem rude so you said nothing?

Er ... that doesn't compute. Laughing

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:29 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think I have integrity, and I don't need a list of how to be. Laughing

Quite....though I bet no one would ever think that  don't have integrity...whether they do or not. Razz

Probably, but I do think it's the one thing I have - even if I have no other virtues. Laughing

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why do they need to think about it in the first place? If they're being a pain in the arse, others will tell them so.

They will, huh?

You've never had anybody who annoyed you to no end, but you didn't want to seem rude so you said nothing?

Er ... that doesn't compute. Laughing

Your boss is a pain in the ass, do you tell her?

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26386
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Syl on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Quite....though I bet no one would ever think that  don't have integrity...whether they do or not. Razz

Probably, but I do think it's the one thing I have - even if I have no other virtues. Laughing


I think I also have it...but like I said other people are possibly the best judges of our good and bad traits. Wink

I do think you have integrity though for what it's worth.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18923
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:45 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Er ... that doesn't compute. Laughing

Your boss is a pain in the ass, do you tell her?

Frequently ... Laughing

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why do they need to think about it in the first place? If they're being a pain in the arse, others will tell them so.

They will, huh?

You've never had anybody who annoyed you to no end, but you didn't want to seem rude so you said nothing?

Er ... that doesn't compute. Laughing

Your boss is a pain in the ass, do you tell her?

Well you're my boss and I tell you all the time.

And I reckon rags would actually!

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Probably, but I do think it's the one thing I have - even if I have no other virtues. Laughing


I think I also have it...but like I said other people are possibly the best judges of our good and bad traits. Wink

I do think you have integrity though for what it's worth.

Thank you. I think you have too.

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:48 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why do they need to think about it in the first place? If they're being a pain in the arse, others will tell them so.

They will, huh?

You've never had anybody who annoyed you to no end, but you didn't want to seem rude so you said nothing?

Er ... that doesn't compute. Laughing

Your boss is a pain in the ass, do you tell her?

Well you're my boss and I tell you all the time.

And I reckon rags would actually!

Well, maybe it's different here in America -- a country with no dole and where most people still depend on their employer for health care.

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26386
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:51 pm

I think there's a way of telling someone they're a pain in the arse.

Apparently rags and Syl have integrity and we don't Sad

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Syl on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:54 pm

eddie wrote:I think there's a way of telling someone they're a pain in the arse.

Apparently rags and Syl have integrity and we don't Sad

No one said you don't have it. Razz
Anyway.....I actually think you do. tongue

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18923
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:57 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I think there's a way of telling someone they're a pain in the arse.

Apparently rags and Syl have integrity and we don't Sad

No one said you don't have it. Razz
Anyway.....I actually think you do. tongue


Well I was fishing..... Razz

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:26 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Well you're my boss and I tell you all the time.

And I reckon rags would actually!

Well, maybe it's different here in America -- a country with no dole and where most people still depend on their employer for health care.

People here probably wouldn't get the dole if they were fired for calling their boss a pain in the ass.

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Actually, my boss isn't really a pain in the arse anyway - just thought I'd add that. Laughing

I have two bosses - I'm the other one. Laughing

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Syl on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:37 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

No one said you don't have it. Razz
Anyway.....I actually think you do. tongue


Well I was fishing..... Razz

I was humouring. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18923
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:51 pm

Integrity, for me, is someone you can rely on no matter what.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Posts : 9607
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:10 am

I think i have 2, 4 and 5
and pretty good on 1
poor/average on 3

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:41 am

HoratioTarr wrote:Integrity, for me, is someone you can rely on no matter what.  

Exactly. Someone who's honest has integrity, because you know that whatever they've told you, that's how they're going to be. That's why I never promise anybody more than I know I can deliver. I might not end up being considered their hero, but they know that I will do what I say I will do -- nothing less. Sometimes more, though, if they're nice Smile Integrity is not always nice, but it's always honest.

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26386
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:01 am

Cool

Integrity and Initiative

That's the school motto for the High school I went to..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 7146
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:22 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Integrity, for me, is someone you can rely on no matter what.  

Exactly. Someone who's honest has integrity, because you know that whatever they've told you, that's how they're going to be. That's why I never promise anybody more than I know I can deliver. I might not end up being considered their hero, but they know that I will do what I say I will do -- nothing less. Sometimes more, though, if they're nice Smile Integrity is not always nice, but it's always honest.

That's pretty much how I am. I hate promising people things becasue I never want to break a promise. And I can change my mind at the drop,of a hat too, so I try to say "I'll do my best"

Integrity is something I can sense in someone too.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:26 am

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Integrity, for me, is someone you can rely on no matter what.  

Exactly. Someone who's honest has integrity, because you know that whatever they've told you, that's how they're going to be. That's why I never promise anybody more than I know I can deliver. I might not end up being considered their hero, but they know that I will do what I say I will do -- nothing less. Sometimes more, though, if they're nice Smile Integrity is not always nice, but it's always honest.

That's pretty much how I am. I hate promising people things becasue I never want to break a promise. And I can change my mind at the drop,of a hat too, so I try to say "I'll do my best"

Integrity is something I  can sense in someone too.

Yeah, people with integrity have a certain demeanor that those without can't really match. I haven't always had it, but it's something I try to live by. Especially at work -- when I tell a source that they're safe, they just plain old ARE safe, and I'll go to jail before I see any harm come to them.

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26386
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently Empty Re: 5 Things People With Integrity Do Differently

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:28 am

Hahahaha you made it sound like you were the bodyguard of a Mafia dude Laughing

Made me chuckle

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum