Asad Shah Killing: Tanveer Ahmed Pleads Guilty To Murder of Glasgow’s Shopkeeper

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Asad Shah Killing: Tanveer Ahmed Pleads Guilty To Murder of Glasgow’s Shopkeeper

Post by Didge on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:26 pm

A man has pleaded guilty to the murder of Glasgow shopkeeper Asad Shah, claiming he did it because his victim “disrespected” Islam.
Tanveer Ahmed, 32, from Bradford in West Yorkshire, pleaded guilty at the High Court in Glasgow to murdering the respected businessman, who was described by his family as a “brilliant” man, the Press Association reports.
Shah was discovered outside his shop on Minard Road with stab wounds and taken to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Police said from the outset that they believed the attack was religiously prejudiced.
Just hours before his death, Shah posted a message on Facebook which read: “Good Friday and a very happy Easter, especially to my beloved Christian nationx.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/asad-shah-killing-sees-tanveer-ahmed-plead-guilty-to-murder_uk_577e20d5e4b0935d4b4a3afd?edition=uk&utm_hp_ref=uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Asad Shah Killing: Tanveer Ahmed Pleads Guilty To Murder of Glasgow’s Shopkeeper

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:02 am

I don't see how he could have pleaded not guilty really.

A terrible story. RIP Asad Shah.

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Asad Shah Killing: Tanveer Ahmed Pleads Guilty To Murder of Glasgow’s Shopkeeper

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:46 am

Yes, really a case of wring place wrong time for Mr Shah.

Hope his family find peace.

~ Charles F. Kettering
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:35 pm

Dreadfully sad. No wonder people fear Islam.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum