Nigel Farage Resigns

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message


Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Funny thing is that the UK voted out of eu for the main reason that the eu has become so much more controlling and demanding of our country and so far beyond just being about simple trade... but all we hear as the reason for being in is that it is only about trade!!!

Trade has always been the smokescreen excuse for all the rest of it all...

It is far better for us to be out of eu and any simple trade being done from outside too!!!


Get your Victor ten-key calculators ready. We could find out.


_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18443
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:20 pm

I'll miss Mr Farage. Neutral

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28182
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Syl on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'll miss Mr Farage. Neutral

He will probably pop back up again if his past flounces are anything to go by. Razz

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 10532
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:52 am

Even Farge can see you're doomed and whoever is holding the post will be known as the Last leader of Britian.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:06 am

The Independent referred to him as the latest “rat to jump off sinking brexit ship”.

“A lot of unbelievable things have happened in UK politics in the last week and a half, but our three most prominent politicians from the EU referendum debate flinging themselves like rats off a sinking ship is probably the most astonishing,” Holly Baxter wrote.

“Now Nigel Farage, a man whose entire political career revolved around the push for UK independence, would rather not make any further public pronouncements about Brexit, thankyouverymuch.”

“After all, he just supported the idea of independence. Why should he stick around and dirty his hands with practicalities? It’s the UK Independence Party, not the What The UK Should Do After Independence Party!”

The Mirror’s Kevin Macguire described him as like a “mugger fleeing the scene of the crime” in an opinion piece.

“You leave Britain worse than you found it by legitimising and moving into mainstream politics the extremist views that were once marooned on the nasty fringes….”

“But today Farage resembles a mugger fleeing the scene of the crime, Britain robbed and left bleeding after Farage stole Europe from us.”

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/ukip-leader-nigel-farages-decision-to-quit-criticised-for-failing-to-follow-through-with-brexit-plans/news-story/4c244fa955db980c2363208b73b90dfc

Despite the crazy day dreams in the Uk
Everyone outside can see the truth of this,
Farge Fucked up big time
was scammer that didn’t plan to win
now he has realised he has killed Britain and trying to detach his name from the deed

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:57 am

lol!


More pathetic waffle from veya...!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18099
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by nicko on Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:40 am

Talking through his arse as usual, why do these "outsiders" presume to know more than us?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:49 am

nicko wrote:
one of these days Wolfie you'll know what your talking about.


Razz

TRY  proving me wrong for a change, nicko...

Instead of simply repeating those same old denials..
What else has Farage ever really pushed for, besides leaving the EU ?

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 3489
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:16 am

I would have liked him to stay to see this thing through, but he's always said that he has no aspirations for UKIP to actually run the country. He never expected that.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28182
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by sassy on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:08 am

Major wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Razz

TRY  proving me wrong for a change, nicko...

Instead of simply repeating those same old denials..
What else has Farage ever really pushed for, besides leaving the EU ?

NF has given this country more hope than anyone else has for years by getting us away from being ruled by UNELECTED forun despots.

What have you done for our island??? Wolfie.


If you have worked out yet that Wolfie is Australian, so why the hell should he have done anything for this country, you have a problem.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17176
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by sassy on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:10 am

Major wrote:It concerns me Miss Ragga that our options for having someone of a very high moral standard, intellect and 100% backing for OUR island  is very low.

WHO do we really have?

Who would want the job and be capable/successful in it?


Farage is immoral racist scum, married to a German yet trying to stop immigration, from a rich family, thinking drinking a pint makes him one of the boys, and talking about elitism when he went to public school and was in city finance.   A complete fraud, now hightailing because he sees what a terrible mess there is to sort out and he's too chicken to face it.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17176
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:40 am

We are trying to stop uncontrolled mass immigration...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18099
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by stardesk on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi gang, hope you're all ok. Usual negative responses between some of you, as usual. Oh well, here's my penny-worth:

I think it's a shame Farage has resigned his leadership, UKIP became more noticeable because of his hard work. UKIP will now need someone with a strong character and dedication to keep UKIP afloat and in the public eye. We will need someone well known and strong enough to encourage the public to turn to UKIP in future elections, otherwise it will slowly fade into the background and become a failure.

_________________
Theodosius Dobzhansky: 'Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.'
avatar
stardesk

Posts : 944
Join date : 2013-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm not even sure why anybody from any country other than the UK on this forum would even be arsed if we stay or leave. Other than to just have go, that is.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 5622
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by nicko on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:39 pm

Wolfie would not piss on you if you were on fire, he's a racist, a bigot and a very poor advert for Aussie men.

while I think about it, him and Veya, and Quill run our Country down every chance they get.

I think they are jealous of our proud history, after all they are still "evolving"

avatar
nicko

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Syl on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:04 pm

nicko wrote:Wolfie would not piss on you if you were on fire,    he's a racist, a bigot and a very poor advert for Aussie men.

while I think about it, him and Veya, and Quill run our Country down every chance they get.

I think they are jealous of our proud history, after all they are still "evolving"


It's become more noticeable to me lately that non Brits have some sort of bug up their arses about Brits on here...the generalising, crowing and glee over the last week or so has been a bit silly.
Could be jealousy or envy or just plain old dislike...only they know the reasons for it. Wink

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 10532
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Eilzel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:57 pm

Some of the Britons on here don't exactly send a good message about our country, from some it would not be unfair to imagine we are the least welcoming country on Earth! Which isn't the case of course.

Incidentally, outsiders showing an interest in UK politics is the same as us taking an interest in the US election- it might not affect us directly but we can still have an interest. It's called not being small minded Wink

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5617
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Major wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:We are trying to stop uncontrolled mass immigration...



Right on Tommy.

Telling the truth is taboo but we must keep doing it.

Sassy has this thing for giving our wealth away to scum scroungers, killers and thieves while our own people suffer.

Her attitude is identifiable with a typical council house estate no mark tenants whose entire family life is one of idling around, scrounging, having a life on benefits with a tribe of multi father kids, of course, I cannot say Sassy is one of those but she obviously loathes anyone who has wealth, money, that is clearly JEALOUSY.


I always tell the truth!


Some can't handle the truth so they try to call it lies...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18099
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:53 pm

Eilzel wrote:Some of the Britons on here don't exactly send a good message about our country, from some it would not be unfair to imagine we are the least welcoming country on Earth! Which isn't the case of course.

Incidentally, outsiders showing an interest in UK politics is the same as us taking an interest in the US election- it might not affect us directly but we can still have an interest. It's called not being small minded Wink


Our welcome has become worn out...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18099
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by nicko on Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:45 pm

I don't give a fcuk about the USA election, why should I?

What will happen will happen, some on here don't give a fcuk about us Brits, only to blame us for what our Ancestors did. Well fuck the lot of you, i'v had enough of your "my country is better than your country"

avatar
nicko

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:58 pm

Major wrote:NF has given this country more hope than anyone else has for years by getting us away from being ruled by UNELECTED forun despots.

Haha...and then he got his hat.



When will you people learn that liberals serve the people, conservatives use the people.  Conservatives serve only themselves and the special interests around them.

Nigel is probably lounging on a French Riviera beach as we speak, enjoying his profit-taking from the demise of the pound.

What?  Oh no...he just saw a way to use you.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18443
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:31 pm

nicko wrote:
Wolfie would not piss on you if you were on fire,    he's a racist, a bigot and a very poor advert for Aussie men.

while I think about it, him and Veya, and Quill run our Country down every chance they get.

I think they are jealous of our proud history, after all they are still "evolving"

Shocked

WHATEVER DRUGS you're on at the moment, you really should ease up on them there, nicko  !!!

WE don't run down, nor slag off, England, nor Britain as a whole..

WHAT different people around here do criticize are certain subsets of your fellow countrymen,
especially the likes of those big-mouthed and misbegotten racist and xenophobic fascists like Tommy, Stormee, Dean and smelly, and stuck up self-righteous prigs_without_a_clue like Didge.

THE real reason that I wouldn't piss on the likes of Stormee,smelly, Dean or Tommy if they were on fire, is quite simple --  none of that mob is worth it !

THE sad fact that some like you and Raggamuffin somehow consider that any of us critisizing scumbags the likes of Tommy, Stormee or Dean is somehow running down England as a whole ? WELL, that says more about you and where your head's currently at, then it says about any of us, or our criticisms..

AS FOR people like Tommy and Stormy whining every time someone criticises one of their favourite hatemongers, or the ridiculous way that Dean celebrates Thatcher and the damage done --  what about the way that you lot are always attempting to blame the world's woes on lefties, "liberals", Labour and the unions ???

YOU REALLY should look in the mirror before you throw some of those more ridiculous accusations around on here..

"Racist" ?  When have you ever seen me being genuinely racist on here !   Laughing at a small group of xenophobic nationalists isn't being racist..           Suspect

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 3489
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:59 pm

nicko wrote:
Wolfie would not piss on you if you were on fire,    he's a racist, a bigot and a very poor advert for Aussie men.

while I think about it, him and Veya, and Quill run our Country down every chance they get.

I think they are jealous of our proud history, after all they are still "evolving"


The disparity is that you expect your British ass to be kissed every waking moment.  None of us have anything against the Brits, its just that in your skewed opinion, you are entitled to special applause just for being...well, just for being Brit.

More so than the UK, people love to dump on the US.  Do you see us whining?  Frankly, I join in on many of the criticisms  That's because the US is so big and powerful that it deserves to be watched.  I don't mean the jealous pricks of someone like Victor...but the real observations/criticisms of genuine citizens of the world who have concerns about the primary player in the world.  They are entitled to that.

Brits have a certain chauvinism, borne I suspect of compensatory behavior for being a negligible group of islands off the big game--Europe.  You did well--great in fact.  The greatest navy of it's time.  The Battle of Britain.  The sun never sets on the empire, and all that.

Little pin pricks I can live with.  But you gotta get over yourself nicko...and I suspect some others.  Your day is past...and yet, you did so well in your day that we are still talking about your influence--and some things you did wrong while you were in the thick of it.  That's all right, isn't it?  Get off your high horse and defend Britain, of course.  But don't criticize others from not kissing your elevated ass before talking.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18443
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by nicko on Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:05 pm

Bollocks to the lot of you =------self opinionated prigs.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:13 pm

nicko wrote:Bollocks to the lot of you =------self opinionated prigs.    

Self-opinionated...that's exactly what I've just criticized you for. I don't mind if someone wants to dump on the US, if it's deserved. I don't start with the expectation that we are sooo special. You do. Rolling Eyes

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18443
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Syl on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:
Wolfie would not piss on you if you were on fire,    he's a racist, a bigot and a very poor advert for Aussie men.

while I think about it, him and Veya, and Quill run our Country down every chance they get.

I think they are jealous of our proud history, after all they are still "evolving"


The disparity is that you expect your British ass to be kissed every waking moment.  None of us have anything against the Brits, its just that in your skewed opinion, you are entitled to special applause just for being...well, just for being Brit.

More so than the UK, people love to dump on the US.  Do you see us whining?  Frankly, I join in on many of the criticisms  That's because the US is so big and powerful that it deserves to be watched.  I don't mean the jealous pricks of someone like Victor...but the real observations/criticisms of genuine citizens of the world who have concerns about the primary player in the world.  They are entitled to that.

Brits have a certain chauvinism, borne I suspect of compensatory behavior for being a negligible group of islands off the big game--Europe.  You did well--great in fact.  The greatest navy of it's time.  The Battle of Britain.  The sun never sets on the empire, and all that.

Little pin pricks I can live with.  But you gotta get over yourself nicko...and I suspect some others.  Your day is past...and yet, you did so well in your day that we are still talking about your influence--and some things you did wrong while you were in the thick of it.  That's all right, isn't it?  Get off your high horse and defend Britain, of course.  But don't criticize others from not kissing your elevated ass before talking.

I disagree that Brits expect special treatment off anyone. I don't see it in RL ...in fact I don't see the them v us that seems to permeate through this forum anywhere else.
Granted I joined after all the gauntlets had been thrown down and probably don't 'get' a lot of it....but I do see what I see...and I see an awful lot of generalising about "us Brits"....and I see an awful lot of rejoicing when iyo we get it wrong.

And Quill....you are the biggest braggart on here, so to accuse us of feeling superior is a bit much. Laughing

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 10532
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Syl wrote:I disagree that Brits expect special treatment off anyone.


Then why are they the only ones complaining?  Ozzies, Yanks, even Kiwis have been criticized here...and they roll with it.  Yet here we are once again, with Brits once again complaining.  That's because others have no expectation of special status.  Only the Brits see any criticism as some sort of conspiracy against them.

Syl wrote:I don't see it in RL ...in fact I don't see the them v us that seems to permeate through this forum anywhere else.

It isn't there in RL.  It's a rare person who doesn't love the Brits.  So why do the Brits perceive themselves maligned?  It's because they expect to be treated as elites...they are met with no difference...and relatively, they feel they are maligned.

Syl wrote:Granted I joined after all the gauntlets had been thrown down and probably don't 'get' a lot of it....but I do see what I see...and I see an awful lot of generalising about "us Brits"....and I see an awful lot of rejoicing when iyo we get it wrong.

There are no gauntlets.  The "Brits" come up because the nation--the people--are a part of all of our heritages.  Veya, myself, Ben...we all comment on our given British history.  But certain Brits take it personally.  It's a 'we-they' dichotomy that, at once, (1) leaves them feeling maligned, because comparatively, (2) they expect to be given some exalted position.

I say relax.  Come down here with those of us who have a more humble opinion of ourselves.  It's more fun.

Syl wrote:And Quill....you are the biggest braggart on here, so to accuse us of feeling superior is a bit much. Laughing

I have accomplished a lot, I admit.  If you knew why, you would still be laughing.  Fact is, I never say no to a challenge.

I don't know what you are talking about when you say braggart.  I am merely speaking with the facts. Should I deny who I am?  That's a bit artificial, don't you think?  Let the facts speak for themselves and don't have a pre-programmed response.

Whatever, I resist the idea that I should 'dumb-down' for my audience.  First, it's an insult to the audience; you should expect that I expect everyone is an equal.  Second, I want to participate at the top of my game.  I feel this is perhaps the highest caliber group on the Internet...at least, still with a popular feel.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18443
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Syl on Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:I disagree that Brits expect special treatment off anyone.


Then why are they the only ones complaining?  Ozzies, Yanks, even Kiwis have been criticized here...and they roll with it.  Yet here we are once again, with Brits once again complaining.  That's because others have no expectation of special status.  Only the Brits see any criticism as some sort of conspiracy against them.

Syl wrote:I don't see it in RL ...in fact I don't see the them v us that seems to permeate through this forum anywhere else.

It isn't there in RL.  It's a rare person who doesn't love the Brits.  So why do the Brits perceive themselves maligned?  It's because they expect to be treated as elites...they are met with no difference...and relatively, they feel they are maligned.

Syl wrote:Granted I joined after all the gauntlets had been thrown down and probably don't 'get' a lot of it....but I do see what I see...and I see an awful lot of generalising about "us Brits"....and I see an awful lot of rejoicing when iyo we get it wrong.

There are no gauntlets.  The "Brits" come up because the nation--the people--are a part of all of our heritages.  Veya, myself, Ben...we all comment on our given British history.  But certain Brits take it personally.  It's a 'we-they' dichotomy that, at once, (1) leaves them feeling maligned, because comparatively, (2) they expect to be given some exalted position.

I say relax.  Come down here with those of us who have a more humble opinion of ourselves.  It's more fun.

Syl wrote:And Quill....you are the biggest braggart on here, so to accuse us of feeling superior is a bit much. Laughing

I have accomplished a lot, I admit.  If you knew why, you would still be laughing.  Fact is, I never say no to a challenge.

I don't know what you are talking about when you say braggart.  I am merely speaking with the facts.  Should I deny who I am?  That's a bit artificial, don't you think?  Let the facts speak for themselves and don't have a pre-programmed response.

Whatever, I resist the idea that I should 'dumb-down' for my audience.  First, it's an insult to the audience; you should expect that I expect everyone is an equal.  Second, I want to participate at the top of my game.  I feel this is perhaps the highest caliber group on the Internet...at least, still with a popular feel.

We don't all complain though, that's another generalisation from you....from what I observe the majority of the posters here are Brits....and they certainly are not all complainers.

It's not that we see ourselves maligned either...but there is so much criticism here singling out the British....well more accurately the English, so they/we retaliate....wouldn't you?

Thank you for saying "certain Brits" at least you are now acknowledging that we actually can be  individuals. Laughing

Humble.....are you sure???

I am sure in real life you have accomplished a lot Quill....my point was you don't have to keep saying so.
You have no idea what others have accomplished...a debate forum is not (imo) the place to prove who you are or what you have achieved.
We are all on an equal playing field....judged by our posts not our personal history.

I agree this is a good and popular forum....but it's exactly that...it's not a place to submit a CV. Wink

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 10532
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:14 pm



Syl... loving your last 2 posts...!


Laughing


Quill talking about how people need to be humble one minute... then blowing off about his own deluded sense of higher status/intelligence than the rest of us and how he resists 'dumbing down' his posts to our level etc...!


Even though we are apparently the 'highest calibre' Group on the Internet...!!!


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18099
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by eddie on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Syl:

I am sure in real life you have accomplished a lot Quill....my point was you don't have to keep saying so.
You have no idea what others have accomplished...a debate forum is not (imo) the place to prove who you are or what you have achieved.
We are all on an equal playing field....judged by our posts not our personal history.

I agree this is a good and popular forum....but it's exactly that...it's not a place to submit a CV.

Great post and the part in bold?
I think every person here needs to remember that!



_________________
“She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.”
~ Atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30714
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Syl wrote:We don't all complain though, that's another generalisation from you....from what I observe the majority of the posters here are Brits....and they certainly are not all complainers.

It's not that we see ourselves maligned either...but there is so much criticism here singling out the British....well more accurately the English, so they/we retaliate....wouldn't you?

Thank you for saying "certain Brits" at least you are now acknowledging that we actually can be individuals. Laughing

It's a generalization supported by the facts. Veya, I know, talks a lot about the history of the Brits relative to his country. It's legitimate. It's most interesting. But it inevitably deteriorates due to certain Brits taking exception.

When you look carefully, no offense was offered, but some was unnecessarily taken. Then 2 -3 days later, someone is saying that there is anti-Brit sentiment, when it turns out to be merely a legitimate comment on history.

Syl wrote:Humble.....are you sure???

Yes, the "humble" remark was directed to those of us who do not over-react if our country is the object of someone's criticism. "Join the humble" was advice to stop promoting British chauvinism.

Syl wrote:I am sure in real life you have accomplished a lot Quill....my point was you don't have to keep saying so.

The only time it is mention is when I am qualifying my credentials or experience. On such occasions, I think it's relevant.

Syl wrote:You have no idea what others have accomplished...a debate forum is not (imo) the place to prove who you are or what you have achieved.

We are all on an equal playing field....judged by our posts not our personal history.

It is true that some are more circumspect about their lives, but I'm not. When I first started posting, I thought about it; but then I realize I have my name on buildings and in businesses, so why am I so shy here? I just determined to speak freely if it fits in with my point.

Syl wrote:I agree this is a good and popular forum....but it's exactly that...it's not a place to submit a CV. Wink

Again, I think you are over-reacting. There's no reason to assume a mantle of false modesty, and then go off and call someone a 'twat' or a 'regressive lefty'. Try not to hurl insults in the first place, and then you won't need to hide.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18443
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:We don't all complain though, that's another generalisation from you....from what I observe the majority of the posters here are Brits....and they certainly are not all complainers.

It's not that we see ourselves maligned either...but there is so much criticism here singling out the British....well more accurately the English, so they/we retaliate....wouldn't you?

Thank you for saying "certain Brits" at least you are now acknowledging that we actually can be  individuals. Laughing

It's a generalization supported by the facts.  Veya, I know, talks a lot about the history of the Brits relative to his country.  It's legitimate.  It's most interesting.  But it inevitably deteriorates due to certain Brits taking exception.

When you look carefully, no offense was offered, but some was unnecessarily taken.  Then 2 -3 days later, someone is saying that there is anti-Brit sentiment, when it turns out to be merely a legitimate comment on history.

Syl wrote:Humble.....are you sure???

Yes, the "humble" remark was directed to those of us who do not over-react if our country is the object of someone's criticism.  "Join the humble" was advice to stop promoting British chauvinism.

Syl wrote:I am sure in real life you have accomplished a lot Quill....my point was you don't have to keep saying so.

The only time it is mention is when I am qualifying my credentials or experience.  On such occasions, I think it's relevant.

Syl wrote:You have no idea what others have accomplished...a debate forum is not (imo) the place to prove who you are or what you have achieved.

We are all on an equal playing field....judged by our posts not our personal history.

It is true that some are more circumspect about their lives, but I'm not.  When I first started posting, I thought about it; but then I realize I have my name on buildings and in businesses, so why am I so shy here?  I just determined to speak freely if it fits in with my point.

Syl wrote:I agree this is a good and popular forum....but it's exactly that...it's not a place to submit a CV. Wink

Again, I think you are over-reacting.  There's no reason to assume a mantle of false modesty, and then go off and call someone a 'twat' or a 'regressive lefty'.  Try not to hurl insults in the first place, and then you won't need to hide.

avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 5622
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by eddie on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:03 pm

Look. There's nothing wrong with blowing your own trumpet but some people find the sound of brass.....well, too brassy.

_________________
“She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.”
~ Atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30714
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:49 pm

eddie wrote:Look. There's nothing wrong with blowing your own trumpet but some people find the sound of brass.....well, too brassy.

It is what it is.  I bring in factual support for my contentions.  I quote articles, books and learned individuals.  I even post entire articles for substantiation of points.  I use statistical argument.  I quote from history.  I also cite my own qualifications to speak.  Just one of many factual claims I use to make my point.

Just because you or someone else feels its rude...meh.  Most likely, that's just a way of dismissing my argument, because s/he can't think of anything else.

Or, it's jealousy.  Either way, I don't care.  I only care about making good, effective points.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18443
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Quill...


"... I bring in factual support for my contentions. I quote articles, books and learned individuals. I even post entire articles for substantiation of points. I use statistical argument. I quote from history... to make my point..."



That is more a description of WHAT I ALWAYS DO!!!


And I always prove the truth of my points...


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18099
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:Bollocks to the lot of you =------self opinionated prigs.    

Self-opinionated...that's exactly what I've just criticized you for.  I don't mind if someone wants to dump on the US, if it's deserved.  I don't start with the expectation that we are sooo special.  You do. Rolling Eyes

100% the point quill

it is quite noticeable that I put just as much shit on the USA and you, ben, 4eva etc may try and defend but not this stonewall "Your racist cause you think Brits are not perfect" cry baby rubbish nicko goes on with Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

the Bullies wonder why they are getting kicked now the shoe is on the other foot Laughing Laughing

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:
Wolfie would not piss on you if you were on fire,    he's a racist, a bigot and a very poor advert for Aussie men.

while I think about it, him and Veya, and Quill run our Country down every chance they get.

I think they are jealous of our proud history, after all they are still "evolving"


The disparity is that you expect your British ass to be kissed every waking moment.  None of us have anything against the Brits, its just that in your skewed opinion, you are entitled to special applause just for being...well, just for being Brit.

More so than the UK, people love to dump on the US.  Do you see us whining?  Frankly, I join in on many of the criticisms  That's because the US is so big and powerful that it deserves to be watched.  I don't mean the jealous pricks of someone like Victor...but the real observations/criticisms of genuine citizens of the world who have concerns about the primary player in the world.  They are entitled to that.

Brits have a certain chauvinism, borne I suspect of compensatory behavior for being a negligible group of islands off the big game--Europe.  You did well--great in fact.  The greatest navy of it's time.  The Battle of Britain.  The sun never sets on the empire, and all that.

Little pin pricks I can live with.  But you gotta get over yourself nicko...and I suspect some others.  Your day is past...and yet, you did so well in your day that we are still talking about your influence--and some things you did wrong while you were in the thick of it.  That's all right, isn't it?  Get off your high horse and defend Britain, of course.  But don't criticize others from not kissing your elevated ass before talking.

I disagree that Brits expect special treatment off anyone. I don't see it in RL ...in fact I don't see the them v us that seems to permeate through this forum anywhere else.
Granted I joined after all the gauntlets had been thrown down and probably don't 'get' a lot of it....but I do see what I see...and I see an awful lot of generalising about "us Brits"....and I see an awful lot of rejoicing when iyo we get it wrong.

And Quill....you are the biggest braggart on here, so to accuse us of feeling superior is a bit much. Laughing


'the Brits' is this specific gang of xenophobes. they invaded this multicultural international forum and proceeded to spout the most ignorant insulated xenophobic propaganda I had ever seen outside of a historical context (or redneck USA)

the great Irony being their biggest complaint is Immigrants that come over and not knowing and following every little nuisance of the culture. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Quill...

"... I bring in factual support for my contentions.  I quote articles, books and learned individuals.  I even post entire articles for substantiation of points.  I use statistical argument.  I quote from history... to make my point..."

That is more a description of WHAT I ALWAYS DO!!!

nd I always prove the truth of my points...

Wrong tommy.  As an example, you couldn't even substantiate your claim that the EU want's member nation's taxing mechanisms.  You poste a c&p job that was just a lot of bullshit, and never said anything of the sort.

But here, I'm not describing a specific kind of substantiation.  I'm describing modes.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18443
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:50 am

Looking at this from a British perspective I would just like to reassure foreign nationals “who do us the honour of wanting to post here' that they are still welcome on Newsfix.

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:33 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:Bollocks to the lot of you =------self opinionated prigs.    

Self-opinionated...that's exactly what I've just criticized you for.  I don't mind if someone wants to dump on the US, if it's deserved.  I don't start with the expectation that we are sooo special.  You do. Rolling Eyes

100% the point quill

it is quite noticeable that I put just as much shit on the USA and you, ben, 4eva etc may try and defend but not this stonewall "Your racist cause you think Brits are not perfect" cry baby rubbish nicko goes on with Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

the Bullies wonder why they are getting kicked now the shoe is on the other foot Laughing Laughing

Hell, I'm usually among the first to agree. You don't make your country a better place by putting on blinders, do you?

Y'all know my favorite song to post around July 4:



Ah, America -- the country that lets a white albino who identifies as black and Muslim give it the blatant middle finger and make money off it Smile

_________________
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."

-Maya Angelou
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22711
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:39 am

I love the line "land of the theif, home of the slave"

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:57 am

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Quill...

"... I bring in factual support for my contentions.  I quote articles, books and learned individuals.  I even post entire articles for substantiation of points.  I use statistical argument.  I quote from history... to make my point..."

That is more a description of WHAT I ALWAYS DO!!!

nd I always prove the truth of my points...

Wrong tommy.  As an example, you couldn't even substantiate your claim that the EU want's member nation's taxing mechanisms.  You poste a c&p job that was just a lot of bullshit, and never said anything of the sort.

But here, I'm not describing a specific kind of substantiation.  I'm describing modes.


cyclops

TOMMY simply proves yet once again what a despicable lying low-life piece of crap he really is...

NOT ONCE has he produced one piece of genuine and substantial evidence to back his more ridiculous and erroneous claims on climate change, left wing machinations, Tommy's brand of voodoo economics, hidden extremely high levels of sexual assaults in Britain, migrants taking jobs; and the list goes on, and on and on..

ALL that he ever produces as "proof" are cobbled together and cherry-picked bits and pieces from RW blogs, nationalist and racist slogans, and extremist leaders to bolster his own hatemongering and fear-mongering efforts.   And he obviously doesn't understand either Statistical Analysis, nor the Empirical scientific method..          

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 3489
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by eddie on Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:22 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Look. There's nothing wrong with blowing your own trumpet but some people find the sound of brass.....well, too brassy.

It is what it is.  I bring in factual support for my contentions.  I quote articles, books and learned individuals.  I even post entire articles for substantiation of points.  I use statistical argument.  I quote from history.  I also cite my own qualifications to speak.  Just one of many factual claims I use to make my point.

Just because you or someone else feels its rude...meh.  Most likely, that's just a way of dismissing my argument, because s/he can't think of anything else.

Or, it's jealousy.  Either way, I don't care.  I only care about making good, effective points.

I didn't say I found it brassy, personally. I never said that Quill, if I'd thought it, you can be sure I'd have said it or will say should I ever think it (and I might think you're being that way, one day).

I know you well enough by now and I know how to take you.
That's not an insult btw. It's a fact and I have grown fond of you in a weird kind of way. Razz

_________________
“She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.”
~ Atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30714
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by eddie on Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:24 am

Irn Bru wrote:Looking at this from a British perspective I would just like to reassure foreign nationals “who do us the honour of wanting to post here' that they are still welcome on Newsfix.

Why did you feel you needed to say that? scratch

_________________
“She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.”
~ Atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30714
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:01 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Wrong tommy.  As an example, you couldn't even substantiate your claim that the EU want's member nation's taxing mechanisms.  You poste a c&p job that was just a lot of bullshit, and never said anything of the sort.

But here, I'm not describing a specific kind of substantiation.  I'm describing modes.


cyclops

TOMMY simply proves yet once again what a despicable lying low-life piece of crap he really is...

NOT ONCE has he produced one piece of genuine and substantial evidence to back his more ridiculous and erroneous claims on climate change, left wing machinations, Tommy's brand of voodoo economics, hidden extremely high levels of sexual assaults in Britain, migrants taking jobs; and the list goes on, and on and on..

ALL that he ever produces as "proof" are cobbled together and cherry-picked bits and pieces from RW blogs, nationalist and racist slogans, and extremist leaders to bolster his own hatemongering and fear-mongering efforts.   And he obviously doesn't understand either Statistical Analysis, nor the Empirical scientific method..          


Yawn!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18099
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:24 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Self-opinionated...that's exactly what I've just criticized you for.  I don't mind if someone wants to dump on the US, if it's deserved.  I don't start with the expectation that we are sooo special.  You do. Rolling Eyes

100% the point quill

it is quite noticeable that I put just as much shit on the USA and you, ben, 4eva etc may try and defend but not this stonewall "Your racist cause you think Brits are not perfect" cry baby rubbish nicko goes on with Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

the Bullies wonder why they are getting kicked now the shoe is on the other foot Laughing Laughing

You're racist and bigoted against the English though - an ethnic group.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28182
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum