Garden visitor!

Go down

Garden visitor!

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:29 pm

Get out you immigrant lol




He like dog chews




And he doesn't sit on the fence for long


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:37 pm

peacocks don't lay eggs

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Major wrote:They are better than DOGS as outside security.

Do you know the law?

If a Peacock escapes from somewhere and flies into your own garden, lays an egg, who does that egg belong too, you or the persons garden it flew from?
Well, that's the truth about their being great watch dogs ...but that call they make is like a group of people yelling 'HELP' in unison.
What does Benny think, after those bad attitude swans trying to snap at him ...is he afraid of this oddity?  Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Well, guess the peacock picked his time, because Benny was out for a walk, we'll have to see next time he comes a calling lol

As for the noise they make, tell me about it, had dad, mum and five babies the other day, noisy buggers!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by eddie on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Wow, you're so lucky. I really like peacocks (hemce my whole shiny peacock leggings thing)

Where did it spring from?

There was a turkey in my back garden years ago. It was really scruffy and it scared my dog.

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34598
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by nicko on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:28 pm

Sass is correct, Peacocks don't lay eggs, but peahens do.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9433
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:33 pm

eddie wrote:Wow, you're so lucky. I really like peacocks (hemce my whole shiny peacock leggings thing)

Where did it spring from?

There was a turkey in my back garden years ago. It was really scruffy and it scared my dog.

Years ago someone in a house down the road had a cock and hrn
they moved, left them behind. They went feral and bred. Now we have quite a lot and they nest in the trees at night

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:35 pm

nicko wrote:Sass is correct, Peacocks don't lay eggs,      but peahens do.

Yep, think stormee was trying to catch me out lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by eddie on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:43 pm

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:Wow, you're so lucky. I really like peacocks (hemce my whole shiny peacock leggings thing)

Where did it spring from?

There was a turkey in my back garden years ago. It was really scruffy and it scared my dog.

Years ago someone in a house down the road had a cock and hrn
they moved, left them behind. They went feral and bred. Now we have quite a lot and they nest in the trees at night

Wow. You're lucky. Pick me a feather cheers

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34598
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:47 pm

Will do, he might lose a few if the dog finds him in the garden lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by eddie on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:50 pm

Gawd! Benny will have a field day lol!

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34598
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Won't he just!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Syl on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:37 pm

I have just seen this thread....I would love to have  peacocks visit my garden, they are very noisy though I believe.

Having recently learned how to post my personal pics in posts instead of on avi's...here's a pic of my small back garden. The horses (not mine) have been known to rampage through the garden  in the past, now they are more securely fenced.


_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15299
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by eddie on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:09 pm

What a lovely view!

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34598
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Syl on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:57 pm

Thanks Eddie...when the houses were built in 1981 we had the option to pick a plot either side of the road....we paid an extra £50 for the view. We say it was the best £50 we ever spent. Smile

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15299
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:43 pm

Syl wrote:I have just seen this thread....I would love to have  peacocks visit my garden, they are very noisy though I believe.

Having recently learned how to post my personal pics in posts instead of on avi's...here's a pic of my small back garden. The horses (not mine) have been known to rampage through the garden  in the past, now they are more securely fenced.


I'd be feeding them carrots every day!
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7961
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:11 pm

avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7961
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:47 am

4EVER2 wrote:
Major wrote:They are better than DOGS as outside security.

Do you know the law?

If a Peacock escapes from somewhere and flies into your own garden, lays an egg, who does that egg belong too, you or the persons garden it flew from?
Well, that's the truth about their being great watch dogs ...but that call they make is like a group of people yelling 'HELP' in unison.
What does Benny think, after those bad attitude swans trying to snap at him ...is he afraid of this oddity?  Razz

They are loud, aren't they. My FIL had two on his 17-acres, and they lived out of doors. So all night long down the canyon you'd hear help, help, help....

Cops would come, but just turn around. No ordinance to stop it.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23297
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by nicko on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:45 am

I know an ordinence, both barrels of a .12 bore!
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9433
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Lord Foul on Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:23 am

and they roast up very well too nicko.....

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9340
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by nicko on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:16 pm

Laughing
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9433
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Syl on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:40 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I have just seen this thread....I would love to have  peacocks visit my garden, they are very noisy though I believe.

Having recently learned how to post my personal pics in posts instead of on avi's...here's a pic of my small back garden. The horses (not mine) have been known to rampage through the garden  in the past, now they are more securely fenced.


I'd be feeding them carrots every day!

We often do, when son and grandsons were smaller they loved being able to feed them from the garden.
A couple of foals have been born without problems in the fields....probably birthed too early to get them stabled up.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15299
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Syl on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:42 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I'm looking for garden visitors.....but the lanterns are nice. Laughing

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15299
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:49 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I'm looking for garden visitors.....but the lanterns are nice. Laughing

There's a ladybird on that leaf!!!!!

Not really. I have my garden draped in lights. I love 'em.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7961
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Syl on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:57 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

I'm looking for garden visitors.....but the lanterns are nice. Laughing

There's a ladybird on that leaf!!!!!

Not really.   I have my garden draped in lights.  I love 'em.

Lights can transform a garden....I love them too.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15299
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by nicko on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:51 pm

Wife has put lights all round our fish pool, looks nice and has been attracting moths witch in turn have been attracting Piperstrell Bats.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9433
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Jules on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:18 am

This is what a forum friend wrote, very moving. I want to share.


He woke up one morning and saw newly hatched swifts learning to fly. There were around 20 baby swifts sitting on his roof ridge, " flapping their wings and cheeping away to each other, the Parent Birds seemed to be dive bombing them and trying to knock them off the roof,   the little ones then flap their wings and fly off in a circle then return and sit back on the roof cheeping and flapping their wings. You can almost see the terror in their eyes, as they think they will fall to the ground.

One in particular would not fly off, as if it had got its leg trapped on the roof?  It flapped its wings and cheeped away to the others, but would not fly off.  This lasted about half an hour with the parent bird returning and hitting it with its wings to knock it off  several times, then 3 other smaller birds returned they huddled up together flapping their wings and cheeping as if to give confidence to the lone bird, then a parent bird swooped in and knocked them off the roof and they all took flight. "



So basically it's devoted parents teaching their young how to fly and survive and he was privileged to see it all unfold. The beauty of nature!

_________________
Make your stumbles part of the dance
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2375
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Jules on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:32 am

Reputation? I have 5 apparently!!!!!  What a Face  Shocked  OMG I don't understand the reputation system at all, I have never posted in any site where this system was operational and I certainly won't be giving out any greens or reds, even if I knew how to.  I speak directly from the heart each time I make a post, knowing that some people will agree and some will disagree with my opinion. Many thanks to the generous person(s) who gave me those green reps x.

_________________
Make your stumbles part of the dance
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2375
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:01 am

Jules wrote:Reputation? I have 5 apparently!!!!!  What a Face  Shocked  OMG I don't understand the reputation system at all, I have never posted in any site where this system was operational and I certainly won't be giving out any greens or reds, even if I knew how to.  I speak directly from the heart each time I make a post, knowing that some people will agree and some will disagree with my opinion. Many thanks to the generous person(s) who gave me those green reps x.

it's the plus and minus buttons on the rigth side of a post
And the thanks button (only appears if you make the thread, only one use per thread)

+1 rep for a green
+2 for thanks
that is all
no other effect.
except decoration

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17821
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Jules on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:48 am

So now I know. Thanks Veya xxxx Cool

_________________
Make your stumbles part of the dance
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2375
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Garden visitor!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum