EU referendum result: Sinn Fein's Martin McGuinness calls for border poll on united Ireland after Brexit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EU referendum result: Sinn Fein's Martin McGuinness calls for border poll on united Ireland after Brexit

Post by sassy on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:37 am

Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK to share a land border with another EU country, the Republic of Ireland. It is unknown how Brexit will affect relations between the two regions

Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness has called for a border poll on a united Ireland, after the UK has voted to leave the EU.
Support for the EU is considerably higher in Northern Ireland than the rest of the UK.
As the region shares a land border with the Republic of Ireland, it is unknown how the relationship between the two countries will be affected by Brexit.

Some politicians have speculated a physical border and passport control checks could be errected between the two, while others have questioned whether an effective border will have to be drawn around mainland Great Britain, thereby shutting off Northern Ireland from the rest of the UK.

Northern Ireland also receives considerable financial support from the EU in the form of so-called 'peace money' to fund projects aimed at supporting the region's peace process following the Troubles conflict.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-northern-ireland-eu-referendum-result-latest-live-border-poll-united-martin-mcguinness-a7099276.html

The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EU referendum result: Sinn Fein's Martin McGuinness calls for border poll on united Ireland after Brexit

Post by Lord Foul on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:20 am

again let NI go...its been nothing but a thorn in our side for donkeys years
wash out hands of it ENTIRELY....when they start blowing each other up again....it wont be our problem ...will it...let the oh so clever E.U sort it

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EU referendum result: Sinn Fein's Martin McGuinness calls for border poll on united Ireland after Brexit

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:24 am

you really are the isolationist aren't you LF Rolling Eyes Laughing

I wonder will the English will vote to divide England into the 4 Saxon nations? deunification to the full geek

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:25 am

Since when did standing alone and being independent a bad thing?

Isn't that what we teach our children?

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:31 am

veya_victaous wrote:you really are the isolationist aren't you LF Rolling Eyes  Laughing

I wonder will the English will vote to divide England into the 4 Saxon nations?  deunification to the full  geek

You know, I can almost see it happening, after all, S.Yorkshire wanted independence lol

The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:37 am

eddie wrote:Since when did standing alone and being independent a bad thing?

As well as
'Teamwork'
'Community'
'Cooperation'
Neutral

veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:38 am

one can have team work
community
cooperation

...without bloody marrying the git....

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:

As well as
'Teamwork'
'Community'
'Cooperation'
Neutral

Quite.

sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:

As well as
'Teamwork'
'Community'
'Cooperation'
Neutral

Yep. We are still a team, we can still cooperate and we are still a community.
Don't see your point.

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:44 am

eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

As well as
'Teamwork'
'Community'
'Cooperation'
Neutral

Don't see your point.

not team EU Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And they may well decide not to cooperate now.

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:51 am

perhaps instead of listening to the commision idiots...you should listen to the heads of the "chambers of commerce" equivalents across the EU. The Chief kraut basically said that to "not play" with britain would be tantamount to financial suicide for germany (paraphrased)

Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:05 pm

they will probably let you trade but i would not be surprised if there are rather one sided conditions.

you have the far weaker position still

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:23 pm

we could always threaten to be nice to mr putin....

Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:37 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

As well as
'Teamwork'
'Community'
'Cooperation'
Neutral

Don't see your point.

Ah. So we are better off staying because the EU are bullies and won't play now we've left?

You said it Veya.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:07 pm

eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

As well as
'Teamwork'
'Community'
'Cooperation'
Neutral

Don't see your point.

Ah. So we are better off staying because the EU are bullies and won't play now we've left?

You said it Veya.

that is literally the way economics blocks work Suspect Suspect Suspect

EU slashed(or tariffed) Australia's and everyone Else's trade to European nations by it's creation.

this is where the UK will have trouble, we have all gone and found new friends to play with and you may well be left playing by yourself
or with far less favorable terms of trade (more likely than no trade Neutral )

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:11 pm

Lord Foul wrote:we could always threaten to be nice to mr putin....

yes beholden to Russia is always an option Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well Putin may be better than Trump Rolling Eyes

Although probably not as good as Jinping silent

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:10 pm

veya_victaous wrote:you really are the isolationist aren't you LF Rolling Eyes  Laughing

I wonder will the English will vote to divide England into the 4 Saxon nations?  deunification to the full  geek

"The Independent Free State of Barking and Dagenham"

- Cody Canada & the Departed
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:22 pm

sassy wrote:Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK to share a land border with another EU country, the Republic of Ireland. It is unknown how Brexit will affect relations between the two regions

Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness has called for a border poll on a united Ireland, after the UK has voted to leave the EU.
Support for the EU is considerably higher in Northern Ireland than the rest of the UK.
As the region shares a land border with the Republic of Ireland, it is unknown how the relationship between the two countries will be affected by Brexit.

Some politicians have speculated a physical border and passport control checks could be errected between the two, while others have questioned whether an effective border will have to be drawn around mainland Great Britain, thereby shutting off Northern Ireland from the rest of the UK.

Northern Ireland also receives considerable financial support from the EU in the form of so-called 'peace money' to fund projects aimed at supporting the region's peace process following the Troubles conflict.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-northern-ireland-eu-referendum-result-latest-live-border-poll-united-martin-mcguinness-a7099276.html

Peace money? It was the IRA who caused all the trouble, Let the anti-Brits pay for their own "peace". I certainly don't want to pay for it.

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK to share a land border with another EU country, the Republic of Ireland. It is unknown how Brexit will affect relations between the two regions

Peace money? It was the IRA who caused all the trouble, Let the anti-Brits pay for their own "peace". I certainly don't want to pay for it.

The money comes from the EU, so I'm thinking you don't have to worry about it anymore ...

- Cody Canada & the Departed
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:52 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The money comes from the EU, so I'm thinking you don't have to worry about it anymore ...

Exactly, so that's a bonus. Of course they might go cap in hand to our Government, but I hope they tell them to get lost.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:53 pm

Oooh snippy. Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:04 pm

eddie wrote:Oooh snippy. Razz

Me? I think my views on the situation in NI are fairly clear on here.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Exactly, so that's a bonus. Of course they might go cap in hand to our Government, but I hope they tell them to get lost.

Haha..you wish.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top