For Zack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

For Zack

Post by sassy on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:26 pm

Have a blessed Ramadan Zack

The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: For Zack

Post by Fuzzy Zack on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:21 am

sassy wrote:Have a blessed Ramadan Zack

Thank you Sassy. Xxx
Fuzzy Zack
The Japanese Lesbian Mermaid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:29 am

Do you live close enough to your family that you'll have them around to
celebrate many times during this month?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:39 am

I wish you are gifted with blessings of Allah and many treasured moments of joy this Ramadan.

Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Zack on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:35 pm

4EVER2 wrote:

Do you live close enough to your family that you'll have them around to
celebrate many times during this month?

Thank you. May we all have peace, every month. Insha Allah.

My brother is in the US and sister in Germany. But my nephews came today and loads of extended family. Breaking fasts and sharing food is always fun.
Fuzzy Zack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Zack on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:37 pm

Cass wrote:I wish you are gifted with blessings of Allah and many treasured moments of joy this Ramadan.

Thank you Cass. I intend to reflect and try improve my game for next year and be a better person.
Fuzzy Zack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:16 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cass wrote:I wish you are gifted with blessings of Allah and many treasured moments of joy this Ramadan.

Thank you Cass. I intend to reflect and try improve my game for next year and be a better person.

You are most welcome. I had an interesting conference session today where someone was talking about positive psychology action for happiness where you find 3 things to be grateful for and write them down and keep doing it for a while...see action for happiness. I have had a few really stressful weeks with work and this was something that made me sit up and say to myself, yup you got it good girl so be grateful, so I am going to try and really do this. Here's an excerpt:

[i]From ancient scriptures to the latest science, gratitude is known to be good for us and those around us. Yet it isn't always our automatic response and we often take the good things in our lives for granted. So we have to consciously learn to get into the habit of being grateful.

Science is showing that gratitude is important for how good we feel psychologically and socially. It increases how much positive emotion we feel and decreases negative emotion. It raises our overall satisfaction with life and helps us have an overall positive outlook. It has also been shown to reduce health complaints and help us cope with difficulties. It even seems to reduce the importance we place on material goods. And contrary to what we may think, it also appears that it could increase our ability to achieve our goals.

Why does it work? We have a natural focus on what goes wrong in our daily lives often going over and over these things in our head. We are quick to notice even the smallest of problems, yet we rarely spend any time at all dwelling on the good things. Things that brought us a quick smile or felt good are all to often forgotten or perhaps not even noticed in the first place.

This action is simple but incredibly powerful. It's about taking the time to notice the good things in our lives and get the more from these. What's more, if parents remember to talk about the things they're grateful for, this can also help their children learn to think about the good things and hopefully get the benefit of a gratitude habit for the rest of their lives.

I am so serious that I actually went out and bought a notebook specifically for this. So more power to you. We can all grow and do better.

Peace and blessings brother x

Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Zack on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:25 pm

I saw something similar on Discovery, how the brain reacts to prayer in the form of gratitude. As opposed to prayer "asking for something".

And this is the whole point of praying 5 times a day. You take 5 moments a day from your life to switch off from the external world and say thank you.

Having an attitude of gratitude leads you to the path of charity and kindness. And charity leads to clarity.

People who look at a full wardrobe and say they have nothing to wear. A full fridge but say they have nothing to eat. Has all the poessessions in the world but still want that latest gadget. All these people only care about the material world and themselves. They usually are the most depressed people on the planet.

To me charity, gratitude and MY happiness are of the same entity. You can never find true happiness without gratitude and charity.

Which is why many (if not all) of the pillars of Islam are based on gratitude and charity:

- praying 5 times a day
- Fasting to identify with the poor and reflect on how good your life really is compared to some
- charity

We say insha Allah, when we hope. Masha Allah or Alhamdu-Ilah when are hopes are realised. A good Muslim is a thankful Muslim, as my granddad used to say.
Fuzzy Zack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:30 am

MUbarak Ramadan Zack. I wish you and your family all the best.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Zack on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:32 pm

Irn Bru wrote:MUbarak Ramadan Zack. I wish you and your family all the best.

Thanks buddy.
Fuzzy Zack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum