The Innovative Period Shell That Could Change The Way Women Menstruate Around The World

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Innovative Period Shell That Could Change The Way Women Menstruate Around The World

Post by Guest on Sun May 29, 2016 9:54 am

Liita Iyaloo Cairney is on a mission to change the face of periods, forever. Cairney, 32, from Edinburgh has created a reusable menstrual device which is suitable for women all over the world, regardless of their economic background. The product is made up of two parts: a shell which fits around the pubic bone of women and girls, and a reusable liner which sits inside the shell and can be washed or disposed of - depending on what you can afford.  The PHD student has also designed a website to educate young girls about their anatomy and reproductive cycle, but she’s not stopping there. “My dream is to actually have a walk-in shop where there is a wide range of menstrual products to suit whatever activity you are doing as a woman or a girl - whether you’re going hiking, running or whatever,” she told The Huffington Post UK.

“I think it’s silly that that doesn’t exist already.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/period-shell-liita-iyaloo-cairney-helping-young-girls-afford-menstrual-hygiene_uk_5739aa71e4b0f0f53e36733a?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Innovative Period Shell That Could Change The Way Women Menstruate Around The World

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun May 29, 2016 10:28 am

Paul Ettinger wrote:Liita Iyaloo Cairney is on a mission to change the face of periods, forever. Cairney, 32, from Edinburgh has created a reusable menstrual device which is suitable for women all over the world, regardless of their economic background. The product is made up of two parts: a shell which fits around the pubic bone of women and girls, and a reusable liner which sits inside the shell and can be washed or disposed of - depending on what you can afford.  The PHD student has also designed a website to educate young girls about their anatomy and reproductive cycle, but she’s not stopping there. “My dream is to actually have a walk-in shop where there is a wide range of menstrual products to suit whatever activity you are doing as a woman or a girl - whether you’re going hiking, running or whatever,” she told The Huffington Post UK.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/period-shell-liita-iyaloo-cairney-helping-young-girls-afford-menstrual-hygiene_uk_5739aa71e4b0f0f53e36733a?utm_hp_ref=uk

This isn't a new thing. They've been around for ages. It sounds pretty disgusting to me.

HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Innovative Period Shell That Could Change The Way Women Menstruate Around The World

Post by Miffs2 on Sun May 29, 2016 10:34 am

The gHoratioTarr wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:Liita Iyaloo Cairney is on a mission to change the face of periods, forever. Cairney, 32, from Edinburgh has created a reusable menstrual device which is suitable for women all over the world, regardless of their economic background. The product is made up of two parts: a shell which fits around the pubic bone of women and girls, and a reusable liner which sits inside the shell and can be washed or disposed of - depending on what you can afford.  The PHD student has also designed a website to educate young girls about their anatomy and reproductive cycle, but she’s not stopping there. “My dream is to actually have a walk-in shop where there is a wide range of menstrual products to suit whatever activity you are doing as a woman or a girl - whether you’re going hiking, running or whatever,” she told The Huffington Post UK.

This isn't a new thing.   They've been around for ages.  It sounds pretty disgusting to me.  
Agreed. I first read about these ages ago. Never seen any which I suppose speaks for itself. Yuck.
Miffs2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun May 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Yeah.....think I'll pass on the blood cup. Neutral

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top