First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Syl on Fri May 20, 2016 1:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35192256

A man charged with the new coercive control law which was passed last December has been jailed for 2 years 4 months.
The new law is about control rather than violence within a relationship.

Gemma Doherty, who felt trapped in a relationship with Mohammad Anwwarr, had tried to commit suicide after months of his obsessive unreasonable behaviour.
She said she didn't mind the slaps as much as the control he had on what she ate, wore, dressed, spoke to, and  acted.

The new law which carries a maximum prison sentence of 5 years, was brought in to include such behaviours which do not amount to violence but still cause someone to fear violence will be used against them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brute-jailed-under-historic-ruling-8003928
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11769
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by eddie on Wed May 25, 2016 8:59 pm

I didn't see nems getting rude.

_________________
The soul of a gypsy, the heart of a hippy, the spirit of a fairy
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 31439
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed May 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Miffs2 wrote: but to accuse others of attacking when you are the worst culprit just makes you look like a complete fool.

In all honesty, I believe this all started with you ripping into Wolf, Nems.  Had you left well-enough alone, we would be elsewhere.

But what fun we are having, eh?

Don't be silly. Wolfman started the abuse as usual.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28889
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Miffs2 on Wed May 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Miffs2 wrote: but to accuse others of attacking when you are the worst culprit just makes you look like a complete fool.

In all honesty, I believe this all started with you ripping into Wolf, Nems.  Had you left well-enough alone, we would be elsewhere.

But what fun we are having, eh?
Liar, I stated that a woman cannot commit rape under English law and he went for me without any reason what so ever.
If he had the balls to acknowledge that we would be elsewhere.
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 1902
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2016 10:32 pm

Miffs2 wrote:I have had a few cups of tea and still no word from Wolfie...
Does this mean he hasn't seen my post ...
Or is too much of a blow hard to admit I am right and he is wrong.

What do we think peeps?


Well in my opinion it all started here by Nems goading.

She certainly was not rude, but is neither innocent either.

The above is gang mentality as well, as why call on others for support?

If your views are good enough they do not need the approval of others.

Was the reaction warranted by Wolf?

No, but the above is most definately goading nems

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2016 10:47 pm

Also technically the following is an insult

blowhard
ˈbləʊhɑːd/
nounNorth Americaninformal
noun: blowhard; plural noun: blowhards; noun: blow-hard; plural noun: blow-hards

a boastful or pompous person.
"the segregationist blowhards who would dominate the politics of my state for a generation"



The one person who was innocent and had insults thrown at her from Wolf, was Syl

She was attacked because of another thread, which was tottaly unwarranted

So am sorry nems, but you did start this between you and wolf

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Miffs2 on Wed May 25, 2016 10:54 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:Also technically the following is an insult

blowhard
ˈbləʊhɑːd/
nounNorth Americaninformal
noun: blowhard; plural noun: blowhards; noun: blow-hard; plural noun: blow-hards

   a boastful or pompous person.
   "the segregationist blowhards who would dominate the politics of my state for a generation"



The one person who was innocent and had insults thrown at her from Wolf, was Syl

She was attacked because of another thread, which was tottaly unwarranted

So am sorry nems, but you did start this between you and wolf
No I didnt
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 1902
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:Also technically the following is an insult

blowhard
ˈbləʊhɑːd/
nounNorth Americaninformal
noun: blowhard; plural noun: blowhards; noun: blow-hard; plural noun: blow-hards

   a boastful or pompous person.
   "the segregationist blowhards who would dominate the politics of my state for a generation"



The one person who was innocent and had insults thrown at her from Wolf, was Syl

She was attacked because of another thread, which was tottaly unwarranted

So am sorry nems, but you did start this between you and wolf
No I didnt


What were you saying about people not admiting when they are wrong?

You did start this, and reading it I can see how it would have got his back up.

Your arguments were spot on otherwise but you had to make it about being right and wrong.

This is the problem with 90% of posters on here, ckaiming to be right, then deny they are trying to be right. Which is only natural for people to do claim they are right on a debate, but its a tad absurd to cast this on people, when you are arguing that you are right, of which you were on the debate, but wrong on who started it between you to.

Did you need to post up such a post, unless your intention was to goad him and gain a reaction from him?

You are talking to a master at knowing how to goad people.

I have my failings but freely admit my faults

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Miffs2 on Wed May 25, 2016 11:05 pm

Wrong

 Re: Uber driver walks free after claiming he was raped by drunk woman who could not pay fare

 by WhoseYourWolfie Yesterday at 8:14 am


----

Miffs2 wrote:
eddie wrote:
Yes it did happen a year ago but it hasn't been spoken about on NF. 

And....for a man to have sex he has to have an erection, if he has an erection then he's turned on and not been physically held down and well, raped. 

Can a man be raped by a woman?
[size]
No. Rape requires a penis. Under English law a female can be charged with sexual assault.
I think
Thought the whole point of Uber was you didn't need cash?
[/size]


 

UTTER BULLSHIT, Miffs...

Show the rest of us that "Law" that says that only males can rape ?

Can't, can you !

Because you're just making lies up on the run..

That was his reaction to me posting a fact that women can't be charged with rape. 
If you are going to involve yourself in things that do not concern you, at least make an attempt to get your facts right.
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 1902
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2016 11:06 pm

Miffs2 wrote:Wrong

 Re: Uber driver walks free after claiming he was raped by drunk woman who could not pay fare



 by WhoseYourWolfie Yesterday at 8:14 am


----


Miffs2 wrote:



No. Rape requires a penis. Under English law a female can be charged with sexual assault.
I think
Thought the whole point of Uber was you didn't need cash?


 

UTTER BULLSHIT, Miffs...

Show the rest of us that "Law" that says that only males can rape ?

Can't, can you !

Because you're just making lies up on the run..

That was his reaction to me posting a fact that women can't be charged with rape. 
If you are going to involve yourself in things that do not concern you, at least make an attempt to get your facts right.



That is not an insult to say bullshit or call someone lying

So you are wrong

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Miffs2 on Wed May 25, 2016 11:08 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:Wrong

 Re: Uber driver walks free after claiming he was raped by drunk woman who could not pay fare





 by WhoseYourWolfie Yesterday at 8:14 am


----





 

UTTER BULLSHIT, Miffs...

Show the rest of us that "Law" that says that only males can rape ?

Can't, can you !

Because you're just making lies up on the run..

That was his reaction to me posting a fact that women can't be charged with rape. 
If you are going to involve yourself in things that do not concern you, at least make an attempt to get your facts right.



That is not an insult to say bullshit or call someone lying

So you are wrong
But that's not what I said is it? I said he never acknowledged I was right he was wrong
He hid.

Try and keep up if you are going to gasp your gums
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 1902
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2016 11:10 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:



That is not an insult to say bullshit or call someone lying

So you are wrong
But that's not what I said is it? I said he never acknowledged I was right he was wrong
He hid.

Try and keep up if you are going to gasp your gums

Now you are changing tact on who started to now who went off being right or wrong

I have no need to catch up, you just proved you have an inability of saying when you are wrong

You also need to learn to take back, what you dish out as this is an adult forum and I know how you work Nems, from previous excperince of your gang mentality

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Miffs2 on Wed May 25, 2016 11:20 pm

Didge what is it to do with you anyway? Stop stirring the pot.
I was right about the law, Wolf was wrong. He won't acknowledge that and he won't apologise for being so rude. That is it, move along, nothing to see here. Nothing that you need to say. But you will so off you go have the final word, I know it's important to people like you.
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 1902
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2016 11:24 pm

Miffs2 wrote:Didge what is it to do with you anyway? Stop stirring the pot.
I was right about the law, Wolf was wrong. He won't acknowledge that and he won't apologise for being so rude. That is it, move along, nothing to see here. Nothing that you need to say. But you will so off you go have the final word, I know it's important to people like you.

Its a forum where we can all post.

I have posted that the real victim is Syl here and not you.
I am giving an opinion, so ys best you do move along, as you started things between you and wolf.
I always love how people say to have the last word, which is goading in itself, which is goading again.
You simply do not learn do you or understand when you are

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu May 26, 2016 5:23 am

Original Quill wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:
but to accuse others of attacking when you are the worst culprit just makes you look like a complete fool.

In all honesty, I believe this all started with you ripping into Wolf, Nems.  Had you left well-enough alone, we would be elsewhere.

But what fun we are having, eh?

Razz

TOO TRUE,  Quill  !!!

Nems comes on to this thread, and instead of joining in the discussion, starts laying into me for no reason..

THEN she claims that I must have run away, and am somehow avoiding her posts..   And up pops Stormee with one of his usual wild neo-nazi outbursts against me, claiming that I was too scared of Nems or Syl to answer back ?

NEVER MIND that I wasn't even online when that nasty little coven went on their attack -- let alone not on this thread !

NEMS then claims that I look like some kind of a fool, as if I'm somehow lying about those ridiculous attacks by her, Syl and Rags --  when Nems is clearly the one on the attack..
Then she compounds her lies, by claiming that I'm the most abusive person on here --  clearly ignoring the simple and undeniable truth that Tommy, Stormy, Raggs, Dodger, Syl and Horatio are all worse than me, veya or any other "lefties" that they are regularly haranguing day-in and day-out...

AND NO surprise to see either Raggamuffin or Didge coming on here to openly deny that Nems or Syl  are attacking anyone --  despite all of the evidence to the contrary throughout this thread..
PAR for the course, to have those two bashing the opposition !          Suspect

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 3884
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by veya_victaous on Thu May 26, 2016 6:11 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:
but to accuse others of attacking when you are the worst culprit just makes you look like a complete fool.

In all honesty, I believe this all started with you ripping into Wolf, Nems.  Had you left well-enough alone, we would be elsewhere.

But what fun we are having, eh?

Razz

TOO TRUE,  Quill  !!!

Nems comes on to this thread, and instead of joining in the discussion, starts laying into me for no reason..

THEN she claims that I must have run away, and am somehow avoiding her posts..   And up pops Stormee with one of his usual wild neo-nazi outbursts against me, claiming that I was too scared of Nems or Syl to answer back ?

NEVER MIND that I wasn't even online when that nasty little coven went on their attack -- let alone not on this thread !

NEMS then claims that I look like some kind of a fool, as if I'm somehow lying about those ridiculous attacks by her, Syl and Rags --  when Nems is clearly the one on the attack..
Then she compounds her lies, by claiming that I'm the most abusive person on here --  clearly ignoring the simple and undeniable truth that Tommy, Stormy, Raggs, Dodger, Syl and Horatio are all worse than me, veya or any other "lefties" that they are regularly haranguing day-in and day-out...

AND NO surprise to see either Raggamuffin or Didge coming on here to openly deny that Nems or Syl  are attacking anyone --  despite all of the evidence to the contrary throughout this thread..
PAR for the course, to have those two bashing the opposition !          Suspect


Don't worry wolf it is obvious they are just racist against Aussies
Considering they are racist against nilly all other nationalities and religions it is not really a Surprise

G'Day

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16051
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Syl on Thu May 26, 2016 12:49 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Razz

TOO TRUE,  Quill  !!!

Nems comes on to this thread, and instead of joining in the discussion, starts laying into me for no reason..

THEN she claims that I must have run away, and am somehow avoiding her posts..   And up pops Stormee with one of his usual wild neo-nazi outbursts against me, claiming that I was too scared of Nems or Syl to answer back ?

NEVER MIND that I wasn't even online when that nasty little coven went on their attack -- let alone not on this thread !

NEMS then claims that I look like some kind of a fool, as if I'm somehow lying about those ridiculous attacks by her, Syl and Rags --  when Nems is clearly the one on the attack..
Then she compounds her lies, by claiming that I'm the most abusive person on here --  clearly ignoring the simple and undeniable truth that Tommy, Stormy, Raggs, Dodger, Syl and Horatio are all worse than me, veya or any other "lefties" that they are regularly haranguing day-in and day-out...

AND NO surprise to see either Raggamuffin or Didge coming on here to openly deny that Nems or Syl  are attacking anyone --  despite all of the evidence to the contrary throughout this thread..
PAR for the course, to have those two bashing the opposition !          Suspect


Don't worry wolf it is obvious they are just racist against Aussies
Considering they are racist against nilly all other nationalities and religions it is not really a Surprise

G'Day

lol!
And if you believe the pile of lying junk above you are more stupid than I thought. geek

The Australians I have known in rl are great people.....some of my relatives are Aussies....I have an open ticket to visit them and vice versa.
Obviously they don't hide behind a computer and spew out insults a primary school kid would be ashamed of, then scurry off till the coast is clear again so they can do a repeat performance, but thankfully for the rest of Australia half wits like that are as rare as a kangaroo with hemorrhoids.....hopefully.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11769
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Syl on Thu May 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:Also technically the following is an insult

blowhard
ˈbləʊhɑːd/
nounNorth Americaninformal
noun: blowhard; plural noun: blowhards; noun: blow-hard; plural noun: blow-hards

   a boastful or pompous person.
   "the segregationist blowhards who would dominate the politics of my state for a generation"



The one person who was innocent and had insults thrown at her from Wolf, was Syl

She was attacked because of another thread, which was tottaly unwarranted

So am sorry nems, but you did start this between you and wolf

Thanks Didge, but tbh I don't see myself as a victim when people show themselves up lying and swearing because they realise they cant debate a topic with any degree of normality. They are the victims of their own stupidity....I am just an amused onlooker.

Everyone else, including Miffs was discussing this topic and the other one (male rape) intelligently, but when someone wades in with insults inevitably others eventually retaliate.

avatar
Syl

Posts : 11769
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by eddie on Thu May 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Stormee wrote:Racist, racism cropz up on all forumz many many times soit must be a concern of millions.

The Yankz hate Mexicanz, the Ozziz hate Abboz and almost everyone else.
both have massive land to accommodate millionz, us British whitis have little room and wish to make it clear scroungerz to OUR island are not wanted here.

Who is the bigger racist group, yeppuz, ya got it, Yankz and Ozziz, we are only trying to protect OUR beloved small island.


Oh do shut up storm. Rolling Eyes
Stop lumping everyone together and stop limping me in with you, when I don't agree with a lot of your views on racism.

_________________
The soul of a gypsy, the heart of a hippy, the spirit of a fairy
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 31439
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 26, 2016 6:57 pm

Wolf wrote:AND NO surprise to see either Raggamuffin or Didge coming on here to openly deny that Nems or Syl are attacking anyone -- despite all of the evidence to the contrary throughout this thread..

Let me just put you on pause a second, Bee...

Didge was defending your position. We have our differences, but fair is fair. Read back and you'll see he is claiming that you were attacked originally, and didn't start it.

But, carry on

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 19507
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu May 26, 2016 7:16 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

In all honesty, I believe this all started with you ripping into Wolf, Nems.  Had you left well-enough alone, we would be elsewhere.

But what fun we are having, eh?

Razz

TOO TRUE,  Quill  !!!

Nems comes on to this thread, and instead of joining in the discussion, starts laying into me for no reason..


THEN she claims that I must have run away, and am somehow avoiding her posts..   And up pops Stormee with one of his usual wild neo-nazi outbursts against me, claiming that I was too scared of Nems or Syl to answer back ?

NEVER MIND that I wasn't even online when that nasty little coven went on their attack -- let alone not on this thread !

NEMS then claims that I look like some kind of a fool, as if I'm somehow lying about those ridiculous attacks by her, Syl and Rags --  when Nems is clearly the one on the attack..
Then she compounds her lies, by claiming that I'm the most abusive person on here --  clearly ignoring the simple and undeniable truth that Tommy, Stormy, Raggs, Dodger, Syl and Horatio are all worse than me, veya or any other "lefties" that they are regularly haranguing day-in and day-out...

AND NO surprise to see either Raggamuffin or Didge coming on here to openly deny that Nems or Syl  are attacking anyone --  despite all of the evidence to the contrary throughout this thread..
PAR for the course, to have those two bashing the opposition !          Suspect



Is this twat seriously complaining about something that he is guilty of himself time over time...!?


Unbelievable!!!


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18730
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Syl on Thu May 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Wolf wrote:AND NO surprise to see either Raggamuffin or Didge coming on here to openly deny that Nems or Syl  are attacking anyone --  despite all of the evidence to the contrary throughout this thread..

Let me just put you on pause a second, Bee...

Didge was defending your position.   We have our differences, but fair is fair.  Read back and you'll see he is claiming that you were attacked originally, and didn't start it.

But, carry on

Just to clarify.....Didge did not say I had attacked anyone, he did mistakenly think that Wolf had not started the abuse....as did you.
Read the first page....he bandied words around like illiterate, idiot, liar, lazy, stupid and bigotted, to me and others....at this point everyone else but him was having an interesting debate.

So how the heck anyone could have thought he was origionally attacked is baffling....and you being in the legal profession too....tut tut. Razz
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11769
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 26, 2016 7:43 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Let me just put you on pause a second, Bee...

Didge was defending your position.   We have our differences, but fair is fair.  Read back and you'll see he is claiming that you were attacked originally, and didn't start it.

But, carry on

Just to clarify.....Didge did not say I had attacked anyone, he did mistakenly think that Wolf had not started the abuse....as did you.
Read the first page....he bandied words around like illiterate, idiot, liar, lazy, stupid and bigotted, to me and others....at this point everyone else but him was having an interesting debate.

So how the heck anyone could have thought he was origionally attacked is baffling....and you being in the legal profession too....tut tut. Razz

The original post was not Wolf's.  You are deliberately junking the whole thread to (falsely) make your point.  Just read it chronologically.  Page one and page three are days apart. Wolf wasn't even on the thread when he was blindsided (and not by you).

I"m just reporting on didge's position.  However, btw, I agree with him.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 19507
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Syl on Thu May 26, 2016 8:00 pm

I don't know what 'junking' means. scratch

I am not deliberately doing anything....just pointing out that the abuse by him started on page one...and continued every time he decided to make another contribution...on TWO threads.

I know you agree with him...which makes you both wrong on this occasion.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11769
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Syl wrote:I don't know what 'junking' means. scratch

It's just a term to say you are quoting out of context, mixing up the order, and hence the meaning of posts.

Syl wrote:I am not deliberately doing anything....just pointing out that the abuse by him  started on page one...and continued every time he decided to make another contribution...on TWO threads.

I know you agree with him...which makes you both wrong on this occasion.

I think on page one Wolf was a bit frustrated that you weren't acknowledging his points.  You just came back to the same, refuted (by him) points.  Was he rough?  Yes.  

Look, Aussies have a different gradient they attach to words.  A four letter word to us may be +9, but to an Aussie it's a +3.  They live in a tough world...maybe that's it.  But in any case, my experience is that Aussies are intense in the way they speak.  Wolf has talked to me in the same way, and I just understand him.  It's a different language; would you be insulted if someone spoke French?  Nothing gets to your inner feelings unless you guide it in. Smile  Just don't let it in.

Anyway, it was a couple of days later on this thread and all was settled, until someone brought up--not even a point on this thread--but a conversation on another thread.  Suddenly, it's all pile-on Wolf, and he wasn't even around.  We should all learn not to do that.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 19507
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 26, 2016 8:20 pm

BTW, Aussies are equally intense in the friendship they offer. I've never met such great people.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 19507
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Syl on Thu May 26, 2016 8:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:I don't know what 'junking' means. scratch

It's just a term to say you are quoting out of context, mixing up the order, and hence the meaning of posts.

Syl wrote:I am not deliberately doing anything....just pointing out that the abuse by him  started on page one...and continued every time he decided to make another contribution...on TWO threads.

I know you agree with him...which makes you both wrong on this occasion.

I think on page one Wolf was a bit frustrated that you weren't acknowledging his points.  You just came back to the same, refuted (by him) points.  Was he rough?  Yes.  

Look, Aussies have a different gradient they attach to words.  A four letter word to us may be +9, but to an Aussie it's a +3.  They live in a tough world...maybe that's it.  But in any case, my experience is that Aussies are intense in the way they speak.  Wolf has talked to me in the same way, and I just understand him.  It's a different language; would you be insulted if someone spoke French?  Nothing gets to your inner feelings unless you guide it in. Smile  Just don't let it in.

Anyway, it was a couple of days later on this thread and all was settled, until someone brought up--not even a point on this thread--but a conversation on another thread.  Suddenly, it's all pile-on Wolf, and he wasn't even around.  We should all learn not to do that.

I didn't quote anything out of context or mix up the order on which they were said ...they are all there on page one.....but I quite like the word junking...so thanks for the explanation.

As for everyone 'piling on poor misunderstood Wolf'.....what actually happened was the posters who he had verbally abused and insulted retaliated when they saw the crap he had been calling them.

Maybe people should learn not to randomly insult others if they cry when they get a bit of it back. Wink
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11769
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 26, 2016 8:46 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's just a term to say you are quoting out of context, mixing up the order, and hence the meaning of posts.



I think on page one Wolf was a bit frustrated that you weren't acknowledging his points.  You just came back to the same, refuted (by him) points.  Was he rough?  Yes.  

Look, Aussies have a different gradient they attach to words.  A four letter word to us may be +9, but to an Aussie it's a +3.  They live in a tough world...maybe that's it.  But in any case, my experience is that Aussies are intense in the way they speak.  Wolf has talked to me in the same way, and I just understand him.  It's a different language; would you be insulted if someone spoke French?  Nothing gets to your inner feelings unless you guide it in. Smile  Just don't let it in.

Anyway, it was a couple of days later on this thread and all was settled, until someone brought up--not even a point on this thread--but a conversation on another thread.  Suddenly, it's all pile-on Wolf, and he wasn't even around.  We should all learn not to do that.

I didn't quote anything out of context or mix up the order on which they were said ...they are all there on page one.....but I quite like the word junking...so thanks for the explanation.

I liked it too when it came to me. But it's not just the fact of mixing, but the changing of meaning. There's nothing wrong with lifting a quote, but you've got to be honest in how you use it.

Syl wrote:As for everyone 'piling on poor misunderstood Wolf'.....what actually happened was the posters who he had verbally abused and insulted retaliated when they saw the crap he had been calling them.

I was there, remember? There was plenty of abuse to go around.

Syl wrote:Maybe people should learn not to insult others if they cry when they get a bit of it back. Wink

Good lesson...for all to learn. But then there are lots of lessons to learn on here. If we stopped to take home every one we wouldn't have time to debate.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 19507
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Syl on Thu May 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I didn't quote anything out of context or mix up the order on which they were said ...they are all there on page one.....but I quite like the word junking...so thanks for the explanation.

I liked it too when it came to me.  But it's not just the fact of mixing, but the changing of meaning.  There's nothing wrong with lifting a quote, but you've got to be honest in how you use it.

Syl wrote:As for everyone 'piling on poor misunderstood Wolf'.....what actually happened was the posters who he had verbally abused and insulted retaliated when they saw the crap he had been calling them.

I was there, remember?  There was plenty of abuse to go around.

Syl wrote:Maybe people should learn not to insult others if they cry when they get a bit of it back. Wink

Good lesson...for all to learn.  But then there are lots of lessons to learn on here.  If we stopped to take home every one we wouldn't have time to debate.

Lol...well we agree on that, and tbh who wants to be a Stepford poster anyway?
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11769
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri May 27, 2016 3:43 am

Original Quill wrote:
BTW, Aussies are equally intense in the friendship they offer.  I've never met such great people.

cheers

NOTE HOW Syl just keeps on piling up lies upon lies...

SHE STARTS off abusing me --  and then falsely claims that I somehow started the insults !

I had four or five references in my posts, but she still wanted actual links to counter her two --  one of which was from a womens refuge action group, and the second only referenced spousal abuse figures and not the full range of 'domestic violence' issue (a tactic that @lex also falls back on later..).  WHEN I actually put up ten links (two of which may be to suspect groups, admittedly..),  she then discounts all of her opponents' sources  --  arrogantly claiming that she is the only person on this forum with "reliable, reliable, reliable.." sources  !!!        Suspect

THEN,  to offer moral support to Syl's tenuous position, we see her friends Stormee and Miff2 cropping up to attack me personally outright -- and with zero material input to the actual thread !
"Insider/Internal trolling" of this forum at it's worse, methinks..


AND, as for Didge --  He does deserve an apology here, for my wrongly (in the heat of the moment - I really should have looked at what he wrote..) including him in comments about Raggamuffin's non-contributions here !
SORRY Didge  !!!      Embarassed


I really should have been targetting Stormee's and Nems's normal levels of vitriol, instead..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 3884
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Original Quill on Fri May 27, 2016 5:38 am

Wolf wrote:NOTE HOW Syl just keeps on piling up lies upon lies...

Lol. She is persistent.

Wolf wrote:THEN, to offer moral support to Syl's tenuous position, we see her friends Stormee and Miff2 cropping up to attack me personally outright -- and with zero material input to the actual thread !

It's the same old short bus posse we used to handle on FF. G'nite, I'm off.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 19507
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Syl on Fri May 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Wolf wrote:NOTE HOW Syl just keeps on piling up lies upon lies...

Lol.  She is persistent.

Wolf wrote:THEN,  to offer moral support to Syl's tenuous position, we see her friends Stormee and Miff2 cropping up to attack me personally outright -- and with zero material input to the actual thread !

It's the same old short bus posse we used to handle on FF.  G'nite, I'm off.

Were you a defence lawyer Quill?
You seem quite comfortable in defending the indefensible. lol!

I suggest if anyone wants to know how the thread evolved they simply have to read it.
It's a pity the first successful prosecution of a new law (which was what the topic was about) descended into insults and lies....caused by the one idiot you are now defending....which makes you not much better in this case.  clown
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11769
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by sassy on Fri May 27, 2016 2:20 pm

Quill wants indisputable facts? If women where abusing men as much as men are abusing women, then there would be as many men killed by there partners as there are women killed by theirs. The facts in the UK are, that a women is killed by her partner or ex parter approx every 3 days. Approx 2men a month die at the hands of their female partner or ex partner. And that a pretty accurate correlation of the abuse suffered by men and women. I was that pissed off at the utter misogyny shown by the usual people that had to post from phone, even though it takes bloody ages!

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by eddie on Fri May 27, 2016 2:24 pm

I wouldn't bother sassy; unless your face fits you won't be heard.

_________________
The soul of a gypsy, the heart of a hippy, the spirit of a fairy
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 31439
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by sassy on Fri May 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Well got to go, but every bloody study ever done shows how much more abuse women suffer than men, of every type, and normally their children suffer it as well. I'm. Not downplaying the men that are abused, but misogynist males trying to make out it's even handed is simply sick.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri May 27, 2016 2:48 pm

sassy wrote:Quill wants indisputable facts?  If women where abusing men as much as men are abusing women, then there would be as many men killed by there partners as there are women killed by theirs. The facts in the UK are, that a women is killed by her partner or ex parter approx every 3 days. Approx 2men a month die at the hands of their female partner or ex partner. And that a pretty accurate correlation of the abuse suffered by men and women.  I was that pissed off at the utter misogyny shown by the usual people that had to post from phone, even though it takes bloody ages!

This isn't actually about actual physical abuse though, it's about mental abuse - blackmail, manipulation, threats, and I think that women can be as bad as men in that respect.

I also think that people are capable of walking away from such a person though.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28889
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri May 27, 2016 3:04 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

In all honesty, I believe this all started with you ripping into Wolf, Nems.  Had you left well-enough alone, we would be elsewhere.

But what fun we are having, eh?

Razz

TOO TRUE,  Quill  !!!

Nems comes on to this thread, and instead of joining in the discussion, starts laying into me for no reason..

THEN she claims that I must have run away, and am somehow avoiding her posts..   And up pops Stormee with one of his usual wild neo-nazi outbursts against me, claiming that I was too scared of Nems or Syl to answer back ?

NEVER MIND that I wasn't even online when that nasty little coven went on their attack -- let alone not on this thread !

NEMS then claims that I look like some kind of a fool, as if I'm somehow lying about those ridiculous attacks by her, Syl and Rags --  when Nems is clearly the one on the attack..
Then she compounds her lies, by claiming that I'm the most abusive person on here --  clearly ignoring the simple and undeniable truth that Tommy, Stormy, Raggs, Dodger, Syl and Horatio are all worse than me, veya or any other "lefties" that they are regularly haranguing day-in and day-out...

AND NO surprise to see either Raggamuffin or Didge coming on here to openly deny that Nems or Syl  are attacking anyone --  despite all of the evidence to the contrary throughout this thread..
PAR for the course, to have those two bashing the opposition !          Suspect

Seeing as you've brought my name into this, you puling pussy, let's tell it as it is. All I've seen you do is go into victim mode at the drop of a post. You bleat 'lies, lies, lies' like a fucking nanny goat on crack. You take umbrage into new heights of stupidity and are fast getting the reputation as the forum clown. Talk about attention seeking.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 6315
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Original Quill on Fri May 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:Quill wants indisputable facts?  If women where abusing men as much as men are abusing women, then there would be as many men killed by there partners as there are women killed by theirs. The facts in the UK are, that a women is killed by her partner or ex parter approx every 3 days. Approx 2men a month die at the hands of their female partner or ex partner. And that a pretty accurate correlation of the abuse suffered by men and women.  I was that pissed off at the utter misogyny shown by the usual people that had to post from phone, even though it takes bloody ages!

This isn't actually about actual physical abuse though, it's about mental abuse - blackmail, manipulation, threats, and I think that women can be as bad as men in that respect.

I also think that people are capable of walking away from such a person though.

Yes, but even narrower, this is actually about the difficulty of eliminating a bias in the statistics regarding abuse.  All of the data are generated by coders (police arrest records) who have a built-in bias.

People get all excited about whose ox is getting gored, but this isn't about that.  It's about economic concerns interfering with the sorting of data. Consequently, we have no reliable data in the area of domestic disputes.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 19507
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Syl on Fri May 27, 2016 6:53 pm

sassy wrote:Well got to go, but every bloody study ever done shows how much more abuse women suffer than men, of every type, and normally their children suffer it as well. I'm. Not downplaying the men that are abused, but misogynist males trying to make out it's even handed is simply sick.

alien

And that's all that need be said.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11769
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat May 28, 2016 9:54 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Razz

TOO TRUE,  Quill  !!!

Nems comes on to this thread, and instead of joining in the discussion, starts laying into me for no reason..

THEN she claims that I must have run away, and am somehow avoiding her posts..   And up pops Stormee with one of his usual wild neo-nazi outbursts against me, claiming that I was too scared of Nems or Syl to answer back ?

NEVER MIND that I wasn't even online when that nasty little coven went on their attack -- let alone not on this thread !

NEMS then claims that I look like some kind of a fool, as if I'm somehow lying about those ridiculous attacks by her, Syl and Rags --  when Nems is clearly the one on the attack..
Then she compounds her lies, by claiming that I'm the most abusive person on here --  clearly ignoring the simple and undeniable truth that Tommy, Stormy, Raggs, Dodger, Syl and Horatio are all worse than me, veya or any other "lefties" that they are regularly haranguing day-in and day-out...

AND NO surprise to see either Raggamuffin or Didge coming on here to openly deny that Nems or Syl  are attacking anyone --  despite all of the evidence to the contrary throughout this thread..
PAR for the course, to have those two bashing the opposition !          Suspect


Seeing as you've brought my name into this, you puling pussy,  let's tell it as it is.   All I've seen you do is go into victim mode at the drop of a post.   You bleat 'lies, lies, lies' like a fucking nanny goat on crack.   You take umbrage into new heights of stupidity and are fast getting the reputation as the forum clown.   Talk about attention seeking.  


Laughing

Pot. Kettle.. Black...

You sanctimonious hypocrite, Horatio..

You litter this forum with your regular racist, xenophobic and neo-nazi crap.
AND then you have the hide to come out with this lying bullshit..

I CALL IT as it is; and you prove you can't even handle the truth...
You mealy-mouthed little weasel..


_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 3884
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat May 28, 2016 10:06 am

sassy wrote:
Well got to go, but every bloody study ever done shows how much more abuse women suffer than men, of every type, and normally their children suffer it as well. I'm. Not downplaying the men that are abused, but misogynist males trying to make out it's even handed is simply sick.

cyclops

So then, sassy..

IF YOU'RE the only one on here who's right -- and every male is automatically wrong by being a man type being -- then how about putting up or shutting up then, sassy ???

PUT UP those mythical ""every study ever done.." figures to show that women are the majority victims of a ''Domestivc Violence"..

AND I DO MEAN All Types of domestic violence and abuse, combined.

NOT JUST selectively cherrypicking from "Spousal Abuse" figures and other subsets, so as to support your own personal agendas -- much like Syl and @lex have been doing in this thread..

Basketball

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 3884
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat May 28, 2016 10:13 am

eddie wrote:
I didn't see nems getting rude.

Surprised

'Selective blindness' at its worst, eddie...

Nems came on here with the sole purpose of attacking me and Quill..
AND has had nothing material to add to the topic in the process.

She then went on to infer that I must have been some kind of coward, supposedly hiding away from her onslaught. And nobly egged on by Stormee's usual idiotic rants...

DESPITE the small fact that I wasn't even on here at that time !!!

Laughing

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 3884
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2016 10:30 am

Sassy is right on one point and only one point, the stats for women murdered

Domestic violence – the facts.
General.
2 women are killed every week in England and Wales by a current or former partner (Office of National Statistics, 2015 ) – 1 woman killed every 3 days.

Domestic violence - the facts | Refuge



Though to argue off women killing men based off how many men kill women is an absurd reason, as its only double that of men killed in the uk each year by domestic violence. If within both sexes there are those who are domestically violent. It means there is equally a problem with both sexes. The amount of domestic violent incidents per year goes into the hundreds of thousands. In 2001-2002, there were 635,000 incidents of domestic violence. Going off this number as a base point with women dying every 3 days, that would mean around 121 women murdered and 60 men murdered. But and here is the big butt. In some parts of the Uk, the number of men killed is double that of women. So to make an argument on geography, by stating the UK, is poor reasoning, as seen by the number of victims of which is higher for both geographically in places. So I fail to see what good it does fixating over each sex here, when the numbers of victims to violence is staggering. This could be substancially higher if you take into consideration many men are to embarressed or afraid to come forward. This is evident by the fact that men are killed 50% less than woimen. Yet taking this as a base figure again,when the total percentages of people who are victims of domestic violence with is 81% for women and 19% for men. Its clear to me, the massive number of men that are not reporting violence. If we are to make a bases on the number of death figures. Its more likely that around 66% of women suffer domestic violence and men 33% and that the number is no doubt tens of thousands higher who suffer abuse.

One thing that is glaring clear, is there is a complete lack of support for male victims


This is very interesting to read.


http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/25/there-are-parts-of-britain-where-more-men-are-killed-by-women-in-domestic-violence-5643040/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First man jailed under new domestic abuse law.

Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2016 2:34 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
and women dont do that????

and what about those females that report being abused...as a way of abusing their partner

lets face it...even IF things are marginally better for men now....(and I suspect it is only marginally) ....if a woman reports abuse the bloke will be hauled off and locked up "on suspicion"

and of course all his mates and his employer etc will be privy to this.....one way or another.....

and YET...still...today...if the man reports abuse ...he will be forced under threat of arrest to leave the family home (since the world considers "mothers" better than "fathers..) putting HIM in a bad position when it comes to future arrangements....
You do have a valid point and as studies and research is slow to provide the data; due to the male species ingrained from birth ...that boys don't hit - boys/men don't whine/men grow up not telling they are being abused.

Even in our conversations about these heavy issues - we tend to generalize the heinous acts when our human species are quite capable of being cruel and amazingly heinous in our methods of mental/physical and sexual abuses.

Men who report domestic violence ‘at risk of being arrested themselves’

Ashitha Nagesh for Metro.co.uk Saturday 16 Jan 2016 3:07 pm
Male victims of domestic abuse often avoid reporting attacks because they fear being arrested themselves.
More than 700,000 men are thought to experience violence from a partner every year – but new research has shown that they risk counter-accusations.
Dr Jessica McCarrick, a senior lecturer in Counselling Psychology at Teeside University, carried out a study with male victims of abuse. Men are often treated with suspicion by the criminal justice system, she told the Telegraph.

‘To find the courage to speak out, only to be accused of violence themselves, is incredibly disheartening and ultimately prevents countless men from reporting intimate partner violence,’ she said.
And Mark Brooks, chairman of the Mankind Initiative, said they’d experienced a rise in men asking them for advice after being falsely accused.

‘The type of thing we hear is “my wife or girlfriend has said if I leave, or tell anyone, she will say I was the one attacking her and she was just defending herself”,’ he said.

The number of women convicted of domestic abuse has quadrupled in the last 10 years, going up to 3,735 in 2013/14 from 806 in 2004/05. It is not immediately clear how many arrests of male perpetrators of abuse against men there have been.
‘Intimate partner violence is an issue which affects men and women within both heterosexual and homosexual relationships and I would like to see increased funding to improve service provision and development in order to support all people affected by this issue,’ Dr McCarrick said.
 http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/16/men-who-report-domestic-violence-at-risk-of-being-arrested-themselves-5626912/#ixzz49xO9j1In

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum