Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sat May 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Kenny Bailey says the decision to cut his benefits was made because he can 'walk 200 yards unaided' and 'get up from his chair'

A partially paralysed man who is missing part of his head has been told he is ‘fit to work’, it has been reported.

Kenny Bailey says he suffers from severe memory problems and is paralysed on one side due to having a massive stroke in 2014. Following an operation, a third of his skull was removed to reduce pressure on his brain, resulting in a large dent in his head and he is awaiting further surgery to insert metal plates to his skull.

Mr Bailey, 50, told The Daily Mirror that the Department for Work and Pensions has cut his employment and support allowance. He claims that he now fears he will lose his home and struggle to pay basic bills following the loss of £156 per fortnight.

Mr Bailey said the decision to cut his benefits was made because he can “walk 200 yards unaided” and “get up from his chair”.

He said: “I want to work, but I’m physically incapable. I’d love to live a normal life again- there’s nothing would make me happier. I have some use in my right hand and that’s about it. I can’t play with my own daughter which absolutely breaks my heart.

“The money is used to pay my bills and buy my food. Now I am worried I won’t be able to survive and will lose my home. Because I can use my right side, they are saying I am fit for work. I cannot use my left side, my left arm, I have got a bad limp and I cannot concentrate.”

A spokesperson for The Department for Work and Pensions told The Independent: "Work Capability Assessments help ensure that people get the level of support that they need, rather than just writing them off on sickness benefits as happened in the past. The decision on whether someone is well enough to work is taken following a thorough independent assessment, and after consideration of all the supporting evidence from the claimant's GP or medical specialist. A claimant who disagrees with the outcome of their assessment can appeal."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/partially-paralysed-man-missing-half-his-head-declared-fit-to-work-a7027466.html



Oh he can appeal all right, it will probably take anything from six months onwards to resolve and they won't pay him anything during that time.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Syl on Sat May 14, 2016 2:55 pm

I could have cried when I read this and saw his pic.

He also said he hates the way he now looks, and that imo should be enough in this case for him to keep his benefits.
I cant imagine how hard it must be for him to go out and try to live a normal life when he is so disfigured.
He does also have lots of other disabilities now ....how the hell can heartless bastards decide he is fit for work??

Stories like this make me utterly sick.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11837
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sat May 14, 2016 2:59 pm

Me too, and there is so much of it happening now.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Syl on Sat May 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Yes. Mad Sad
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11837
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

We have our exceptional few bad apple - fraud people

Post by Guest on Sat May 14, 2016 3:56 pm

We have our veterans suffering from stagnant mishandled forms & fraud listed appointment times to canceled appointments without notification; then there are these ignorant bad apples {like this fuck wit} that spoils it for so many trying to get their disability and have to wait or get denied > > >
'Blind' NY Man Caught Driving, Reading, Committing Disability Fraud
By Rebecca Jarvis - Michelle Kessel - Lauren Effron
May 13, 2016, 12:31 PM ET
In his application for disability benefits, John Caltabiano claimed he couldn’t drive, cook for himself, exercise at the gym, move around his house or even shave without help.
The New York man, 49, said he had lost his sight in a workplace accident at a cement company in 2006 and, since then, he bumps into things and hurts himself at home.
“I sit in the dark and listen to TV,” he wrote in his application. On the date of his disability hearing in Hudson, New York, last fall, Caltabiano had his girlfriend lead him into the building.  But what he didn’t know was just a few days prior, investigators had caught Caltabiano on video appearing to be reading something. In another video, investigators had caught him driving a vehicle and then braking in time to avoid hitting a woman and child in the street.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/blind-ny-man-caught-driving-reading-committing-disability/story?id=38867314
But the real kicker has been the 'MEGA MILLION DOLLAR FRAUD' takers: doctors and clinics and they are all over America and more then often located where the poor and uneducated become their target victims and unwittingly a part in their fraud game.  Meanwhile destroying the patients social security identification card number/medical history and benefits for any future use and real needs --- paper work nightmare to fix while the Doctors were stealing millions in medical coverage and pharmacy reimbursements. Evil or Very Mad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat May 14, 2016 4:33 pm

.
Mad        SEEMS THESE DAYS, wherever one looks, there are all of these so-called disability "services" -- both governmental and contracted -- working on  purely minimise cost/"rational economics" penny-pinching principles;  conveniently forgetting that they were originally there to actually take care of their cutomers...

EVER SINCE the failed "trickle down"/"economic rationalism" principles of the wrongheaded Reagan/Thatcher period, successive governments, especially the Tory/Conservative led models, have been pushing for smaller government, mythical "balanced" budgets, and tax cuts for their big business and millionaire owners and backers..                  

CONTRACTING OUT health and disability services to accounting firms only interested in meeting ever shrinking financial targets; or alternatively placing the gov't departments under the fiscal control of hard-headed bastards and bitches only intent on serving their political masters -- and with the department staff so scared of losing theit jobs under new "performance target" contracts that they're no longer game enough to speak up.


Crying or Very sad


NEXT, I keenly await Tommy and Stormee's efforts whinging about how it's "their tax money.." that's supporting all of those bludgers, wastrels and scoundrels (Never mind that neither of those two have ever done an honest days work in their miserable lives -- that's beside the point..  Razz ), and the guvm'nts only right to cut spending anywhere except on them..
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by feelthelove on Sat May 14, 2016 5:11 pm

sassy wrote:Kenny Bailey says the decision to cut his benefits was made because he can 'walk 200 yards unaided' and 'get up from his chair'

A partially paralysed man who is missing part of his head has been told he is ‘fit to work’, it has been reported.

Kenny Bailey says he suffers from severe memory problems and is paralysed on one side due to having a massive stroke in 2014. Following an operation, a third of his skull was removed to reduce pressure on his brain, resulting in a large dent in his head and he is awaiting further surgery to insert metal plates to his skull.

Mr Bailey, 50, told The Daily Mirror that the Department for Work and Pensions has cut his employment and support allowance. He claims that he now fears he will lose his home and struggle to pay basic bills following the loss of £156 per fortnight.

Mr Bailey said the decision to cut his benefits was made because he can “walk 200 yards unaided” and “get up from his chair”.

He said: “I want to work, but I’m physically incapable. I’d love to live a normal life again- there’s nothing would make me happier. I have some use in my right hand and that’s about it. I can’t play with my own daughter which absolutely breaks my heart.

“The money is used to pay my bills and buy my food. Now I am worried I won’t be able to survive and will lose my home. Because I can use my right side, they are saying I am fit for work. I cannot use my left side, my left arm, I have got a bad limp and I cannot concentrate.”

A spokesperson for The Department for Work and Pensions told The Independent: "Work Capability Assessments help ensure that people get the level of support that they need, rather than just writing them off on sickness benefits as happened in the past. The decision on whether someone is well enough to work is taken following a thorough independent assessment, and after consideration of all the supporting evidence from the claimant's GP or medical specialist. A claimant who disagrees with the outcome of their assessment can appeal."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/partially-paralysed-man-missing-half-his-head-declared-fit-to-work-a7027466.html



Oh he can appeal all right, it will probably take anything from six months onwards to resolve and they won't pay him anything during that time.

Who the hell is making these decisions?  We are paying these people, muppets

avatar
feelthelove
Queen of Smilies

Posts : 2719
Join date : 2014-04-20
Age : 46
Location : Planet feelthelove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat May 14, 2016 8:13 pm



Labour brought in the work assessment programme and the ATOS company who deal with it...


There are plenty of people working who have disabilities...


There are plenty of people worse off than him physically who are happy to be working...



I personally don't think he is fit to work at the moment because his brain is not sufficiently protected by anything and an obvious health and safety risk.


But he sounds clever enough in his quotes to be able to do something in the future... and has demonstrated a sufficient level of mobility and mental agility to be able to work doing something.


Andrew Marr had a stroke and has lost mobility on one side of his body... he still works!
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sat May 14, 2016 8:19 pm

That is probably the most stupid post you have ever made.   Andrew Marr was given the drugs to dispense the clot quickly, he didn't have to have a big chunk of his brain removed. 



Bailey suffered the stroke two years ago while out shopping. A mistake by the 999 operator who took the emergency call meant the ambulance took over an hour to arrive.


Have you the faintest idea what difference that makes to your recovery and whether your brain functions afterwards.

I'm going to stop at that, otherwise I'd be bloody rude, and you'd deserve it.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat May 14, 2016 8:22 pm

Shows how little brain you have... as he didn't have any of his brain removed...


Do you even read the stuff you post sassy...!?


And if you actually read what I posted you would see that I said I thought he was not fit to work!!!


avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sat May 14, 2016 8:25 pm

Following an operation, a third of his skull was removed to reduce pressure on his brain, resulting in a large dent in his head and he is awaiting further surgery to insert metal plates to his skull.


Why the hell do you think they removed a third of his skull - TO GET TO WHAT WAS UNDERNEATH TO OPERATE ON IT.


Do you think you function normally after that, even when they put a plate on?   Just the stroke being untreated for over an hour gives him brain damage, the operation afterwards, although life saving, would have done more.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat May 14, 2016 8:31 pm

Was removed to release the pressure of brain swelling inside the confines of the skull cavity...


avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sat May 14, 2016 8:37 pm

Your brain swells after head trauma, not a stroke Muppet. The brain would have swollen because of the op to remove the clot/stem the bleed.


Last edited by sassy on Sat May 14, 2016 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat May 14, 2016 8:38 pm

Read your op...
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat May 14, 2016 9:04 pm

You really have no idea what you are talking about sassquatch...!


You even edited the above post twice... only to still get it totally wrong!!!



avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sat May 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Edited it twice because I'm on my phone monkfishface and got it absolutely right. You obviously have no idea what causes a stroke, how it is treated and what causes brain swelling. In fact I can't think of anything you show any sign of being cognitive with
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat May 14, 2016 9:37 pm



Google "stroke brain swelling"...



Then apologise!!!


lol!
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Guest on Sat May 14, 2016 10:32 pm

sassy wrote:Edited it twice because I'm on my phone monkfishface and got it absolutely right.  You obviously have no idea what causes a stroke, how it is treated and what causes brain swelling. In fact I can't think of anything you show any sign of being cognitive with

It serves no purpose when a select few members assume the ROLL of physicians around here and will quote you verbatim what they think you/me/the entire world needs to do differently for their specific medical issues; they are affirm in their SOS belief that they know better then what this unfortunate human has already been put through the mill.

Suffice to say - Tommy don't know shit and he just keeps proving it daily Rolling Eyes 

But he does get away with attacking fellow members in every thread that 'HE' posts in but do not offend the whiner or he'll cry to the admin and they do protect his pointed head! Twisted Evil
But the method to his madness --- he gets adults to talk to him... Suspect

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat May 14, 2016 11:11 pm

I have never messaged any admin to complain.


It was sassy who got things wrong after asserting her superior medical knowledge... all I did was read the op that she posted but didn't read herself properly.



I was making points totally on topic... unlike you 4everatwat... you have just jumped in again for another personal attack on myself and brought absolutely nothing to debate!!!



Oh... and by the way... it's 'role'... not 'roll'...!!!


lol!
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Guest on Sun May 15, 2016 12:06 am

Tommy Monk wrote:You really have no idea what you are talking about sassquatch...!
You even edited the above post twice... only to still get it totally wrong!!!

A.) Yes people often have to edit especially when using a mobile device
B.) Your lame and lazy method of trying to participate in any topic while never providing any links are references for your 'make believed f'd up POV' is old and well used...bring your data / links with you or STFU and remain known as incompetent, BUT VERY WHINY

Now that's 5 total posts that you've attacked and called names and I am very much involved in this thread...you just can't READ

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun May 15, 2016 12:30 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Google "stroke brain swelling"...



Then apologise!!!


lol!
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sun May 15, 2016 12:35 am

You haven't a clue Tommy, he might have had some brain swelling due to the stoke, but because the ambulance took so long to get there, he would not have had the normal interventions and would have needed surgery to stop a bleed or take out a clot.  That would have given him more brain damage and more swelling and would have made the area they had to remove larger.   They only say they did it because of swelling.  Nowhere do they say what caused that swelling.   However, I have had personal experience of a stroke that happened to a member of my family that wasn't dealt with quickly, and that's why I know.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun May 15, 2016 12:51 am



The stroke happened in 2014...


The article doesn't say anything about when the bit of skull was removed



avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Guest on Sun May 15, 2016 2:31 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The stroke happened in 2014...
The article doesn't say anything about when the bit of skull was removed  
a.) are you going to benefit in anyway from this unfortunate mans fate?
b.) why is his medical condition and the finite events...miniscule details/step-by-step, sequence of his horrible declining condition a F'n concern to YOU?
c.) are you working for the government benefit program, and still want to deny him his benefits?
d.) exactly why is it you can't read the article {any F'n article} as it's posted and garner the points that seem to be driving you f*cking bug nuts?  It's rather all laid out up there...perhaps not as you and your primate/monkey method of pick nits, want it to be but it's enough for NORMAL people Evil or Very Mad
e.)better yet, when you contact him at his home to PICK at his personal medical problems to your satisfaction; why don't you offer to donate some assistance to help him and his family in their time of need ---that would make huge inroad's into this bizarre reasoning 'YOUR HONOR' 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sun May 15, 2016 12:30 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:You haven't a clue Tommy, he might have had some brain swelling due to the stoke, but because the ambulance took so long to get there, he would not have had the normal interventions and would have needed surgery to stop a bleed or take out a clot.  That would have given him more brain damage and more swelling and would have made the area they had to remove larger.   They only say they did it because of swelling.  Nowhere do they say what caused that swelling.   However, I have had personal experience of a stroke that happened to a member of my family that wasn't dealt with quickly, and that's why I know.

Of course you did my dear, how terribul for all those genuinely  concerned.


Ben, to quote you on another thread:

'Everyone knows I'm not the biggest fan of Tommy or Stormee. I often don't show either of them respect. But I will say this -- they come here and they state their opinions, and as repugnant as I find many of them, that's all they do. The vast majority of the time, they use the site the way it was meant to be used.'



You have obviously missed all his slimy, sly, underhand, sneaky, cowardly posts that he slips in when he thinks nobody is looking, and then screams blue murder if anyone has a go at him.   He's a reptilian little weasel.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Syl on Sun May 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Just to waver from this mans plight for a minute. I have only ever seen one such injury before.
I will never forget because it was a horrible day for me I was picking up my mums death certificate so I was upset anyway, but as I waited at a counter this young man came to stand beside me. He had the most beautiful profile and stunningly blue eyes, he was friendly and said a few words, I cant remember what, but when he turned the right side of his head was missing, just as the man in the topic here. It was a horrible shock which I obviously tried not to show....he was only around 25 or 26.
He had been waiting a while, and he said with some humour "This is doing my head in"...obviously he had used this as a way to make a joke, and it was obvious he had used it before....maybe to put people more at ease...but I could have cried for that brave young lad.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11837
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sun May 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Stormee wrote:More direct personal offensive name calling and insults from Sassy without her substantiation of charges.

I can call people offensive insulting names you know, which I don't, my record shows such, however, yours does show you for what you are .


Utter rubbish, you have sly little digs, because you are too cowardly to come out with it.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sun May 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Syl wrote:Just to waver from this mans plight for a minute. I have only ever seen one such injury before.
I will never forget because it was a horrible day for me I was picking up my mums death certificate so I was upset anyway, but as I waited at a counter this young man came to stand beside me. He had the most beautiful profile and stunningly blue eyes, he was friendly and said a few words, I cant remember what, but when he turned the right side of his head was missing, just as the man in the topic here. It was a horrible shock which I obviously tried not to show....he was only around 25 or 26.
He had been waiting a while, and he said with some humour "This is doing my head in"...obviously he had used this as a way to make a joke, and it was obvious he had used it before....maybe to put people more at ease...but I could have cried for that brave young lad.


It's amazing what strength some people manage to find.   I hope he had someone to love him and help in his life.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Guest on Sun May 15, 2016 12:49 pm

Syl wrote:Just to waver from this mans plight for a minute. I have only ever seen one such injury before.
I will never forget because it was a horrible day for me I was picking up my mums death certificate so I was upset anyway, but as I waited at a counter this young man came to stand beside me. He had the most beautiful profile and stunningly blue eyes, he was friendly and said a few words, I cant remember what, but when he turned the right side of his head was missing, just as the man in the topic here. It was a horrible shock which I obviously tried not to show....he was only around 25 or 26.
He had been waiting a while, and he said with some humour "This is doing my head in"...obviously he had used this as a way to make a joke, and it was obvious he had used it before....maybe to put people more at ease...but I could have cried for that brave young lad.

I was so shocked when I saw that man's head profile image; here in the states the skull patch is attached ASAP.  My dear little neighbor girl has sustained 5 brain surgeries since she was 2½ and each time they picked and removed more brain matter to contain/remove that hideous cancer tumor - she was fitted with a soft skull helmet until her specially designed skull patch could be 3'd imaged made just for that opening.

Without that replacement skull patch there's nothing to protect that mans brain beside his layer of skin --- and he's supposed to wait?  Is that a government funding issue '?' anyone know?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Syl on Sun May 15, 2016 12:58 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Syl wrote:Just to waver from this mans plight for a minute. I have only ever seen one such injury before.
I will never forget because it was a horrible day for me I was picking up my mums death certificate so I was upset anyway, but as I waited at a counter this young man came to stand beside me. He had the most beautiful profile and stunningly blue eyes, he was friendly and said a few words, I cant remember what, but when he turned the right side of his head was missing, just as the man in the topic here. It was a horrible shock which I obviously tried not to show....he was only around 25 or 26.
He had been waiting a while, and he said with some humour "This is doing my head in"...obviously he had used this as a way to make a joke, and it was obvious he had used it before....maybe to put people more at ease...but I could have cried for that brave young lad.

I was so shocked when I saw that man's head profile image; here in the states the skull patch is attached ASAP.  My dear little neighbor girl has sustained 5 brain surgeries since she was 2½ and each time they picked and removed more brain matter to contain/remove that hideous cancer tumor - she was fitted with a soft skull helmet until her specially designed skull patch could be 3'd imaged made just for that opening.

Without that replacement skull patch there's nothing to protect that mans brain beside his layer of skin --- and he's supposed to wait?  Is that a government funding issue '?' anyone know?
The photos of the man are shocking. Seeing someone in front of you with a similar injury more so.

I think people with such an injury must encounter shock and more on peoples faces every day....which is why I said before that eveni f this man has no other disabilities (which he does) that would stop him working he should still be entitled to full benefits till HE feels ready to work, not because some faceless heartless arshole sat in a comfy office decides he doesn't deserve them.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11837
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun May 15, 2016 1:21 pm

Anyway... back to op... he has lost a bit of use of one side... just like Andrew Marr... but will have metal plates put in soon and then should be able to get back to work doing something... good for him!!!


Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sun May 15, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by eddie on Sun May 15, 2016 4:48 pm

sassy wrote:That is probably the most stupid post you have ever made.   Andrew Marr was given the drugs to dispense the clot quickly, he didn't have to have a big chunk of his brain removed. 



Bailey suffered the stroke two years ago while out shopping. A mistake by the 999 operator who took the emergency call meant the ambulance took over an hour to arrive.


Have you the faintest idea what difference that makes to your recovery and whether your brain functions afterwards.

I'm going to stop at that, otherwise I'd be bloody rude, and you'd deserve it.


You clearly didn't read Tommys post properly sassy Rolling Eyes

Actually, if this guy were to be given some counselling then he could be fit to work - even from his own home because, as Tommy suggested, he seems to be clever and working will give him a sense of worth again.

He needs some reconstructive surgery too.

_________________
The soul of a gypsy, the heart of a hippy, the spirit of a fairy
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 31471
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Cass on Sun May 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Syl wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

I was so shocked when I saw that man's head profile image; here in the states the skull patch is attached ASAP.  My dear little neighbor girl has sustained 5 brain surgeries since she was 2½ and each time they picked and removed more brain matter to contain/remove that hideous cancer tumor - she was fitted with a soft skull helmet until her specially designed skull patch could be 3'd imaged made just for that opening.

Without that replacement skull patch there's nothing to protect that mans brain beside his layer of skin --- and he's supposed to wait?  Is that a government funding issue '?' anyone know?
The photos of the man are shocking. Seeing someone in front of you with a similar injury more so.

I think people with such an injury must encounter shock and more on peoples faces every day....which is why I said before that eveni f this man has no other disabilities (which he does) that would stop him working he should still be entitled to full benefits till HE feels ready to work, not because some faceless heartless arshole sat in a comfy office decides he doesn't deserve them.

Please have a thousand greens alien

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

Posts : 3973
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sun May 15, 2016 6:55 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:That is probably the most stupid post you have ever made.   Andrew Marr was given the drugs to dispense the clot quickly, he didn't have to have a big chunk of his brain removed. 



Bailey suffered the stroke two years ago while out shopping. A mistake by the 999 operator who took the emergency call meant the ambulance took over an hour to arrive.


Have you the faintest idea what difference that makes to your recovery and whether your brain functions afterwards.

I'm going to stop at that, otherwise I'd be bloody rude, and you'd deserve it.


You clearly didn't read Tommys post properly sassy Rolling Eyes

Actually, if this guy were to be given some counselling then he could be fit to work - even from his own home because, as Tommy suggested, he seems to be clever and working will give him a sense of worth again.

He needs some reconstructive surgery too.


I did, however the fact he has concentration problems and probably a whole lot more, in my view means he deserves every bit of support he gets and more.

He has 'a little' use of his right hand and can't even play with his kids, I think that says it all.


Last edited by sassy on Sun May 15, 2016 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sun May 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Syl wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

I was so shocked when I saw that man's head profile image; here in the states the skull patch is attached ASAP.  My dear little neighbor girl has sustained 5 brain surgeries since she was 2½ and each time they picked and removed more brain matter to contain/remove that hideous cancer tumor - she was fitted with a soft skull helmet until her specially designed skull patch could be 3'd imaged made just for that opening.

Without that replacement skull patch there's nothing to protect that mans brain beside his layer of skin --- and he's supposed to wait?  Is that a government funding issue '?' anyone know?
The photos of the man are shocking. Seeing someone in front of you with a similar injury more so.

I think people with such an injury must encounter shock and more on peoples faces every day....which is why I said before that eveni f this man has no other disabilities (which he does) that would stop him working he should still be entitled to full benefits till HE feels ready to work, not because some faceless heartless arshole sat in a comfy office decides he doesn't deserve them.


And a thousand greens from me as well. alien

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Syl on Sun May 15, 2016 7:00 pm

Thanks both but I don't really deserve them for stating the obvious, x

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11837
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun May 15, 2016 7:01 pm

If he can only use one arm, what could he do anyway?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28947
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sun May 15, 2016 7:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If he can only use one arm, what could he do anyway?


He can't even use one arm, just the hand 'a bit'.   And I would imagine that losing his concentration must be even more debilitating.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by eddie on Sun May 15, 2016 7:04 pm

Why is there not a scheme whereby jobs are created for partially or fully disabled people? Because most of these people do want to work and contribute.
There is a job out there for everyone - is there not?

_________________
The soul of a gypsy, the heart of a hippy, the spirit of a fairy
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 31471
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sun May 15, 2016 7:07 pm

eddie wrote:Why is there not a scheme whereby jobs are created for partially or fully disabled people? Because most of these people do want to work and contribute.
There is a job out there for everyone - is there not?


There is, called Remploy, however they are struggling because the Government cut funing to them back in 2012

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-03-07/minister-defends-remploy-funding-cuts/

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by eddie on Sun May 15, 2016 7:11 pm

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:Why is there not a scheme whereby jobs are created for partially or fully disabled people? Because most of these people do want to work and contribute.
There is a job out there for everyone - is there not?


There is, called Remploy, however they are struggling because the Government cut funing to them back in 2012

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-03-07/minister-defends-remploy-funding-cuts/

Course they did. Fucking Cameron Rolling Eyes

_________________
The soul of a gypsy, the heart of a hippy, the spirit of a fairy
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 31471
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun May 15, 2016 7:36 pm

He could be a Labour councillor... they only have half a brain, are very one sided, and are quite happy using their right hands a lot!!!


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun May 15, 2016 7:39 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:He could be a Labour councillor... they only have half a brain, are very one sided, and are quite happy using their right hands a lot!!!


lol!

Oooooh, bad Tommy. Shocked


Laughing
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28947
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by sassy on Sun May 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Conservatives only have one brain cell, and use that to try and rip off the rest of us.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon May 16, 2016 9:52 am

eddie wrote:
Why is there not a scheme whereby jobs are created for partially or fully disabled people?  Because most of these people do want to work and contribute.
There is a job out there for everyone - is there not?


"THERE IS A JOB out there for everyone - is there not ? "

Rolling Eyes

Yeh, right !!!

WHEN HAS the world ever known 'full employment'..

The concept that there should be a job for everyone has always been a  myth.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Miffs2 on Mon May 16, 2016 10:02 am

Of course this man is not fit for work. I would bet my pension that this is a quota decision which would be overturned on appeal. Not before the man has been put through hell and denied benefits for weeks of course. Evil or Very Mad
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 1902
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon May 16, 2016 11:11 am

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:Why is there not a scheme whereby jobs are created for partially or fully disabled people? Because most of these people do want to work and contribute.
There is a job out there for everyone - is there not?


There is, called Remploy, however they are struggling because the Government cut funing to them back in 2012

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-03-07/minister-defends-remploy-funding-cuts/

I thought that was a good system. There are disabled people sitting around probably getting a bit depressed when they could be out there mixing with others and doing a job which makes them feel good.

avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28947
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partially paralysed man missing half his head 'declared fit for work by DWP'

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon May 16, 2016 11:13 am

eddie wrote:Why is there not a scheme whereby jobs are created for partially or fully disabled people? Because most of these people do want to work and contribute.
There is a job out there for everyone - is there not?

I don't know - is there? There are possibly jobs where you only need one hand, but a lot of jobs would be ruled out. Someone in that position could do certain things I guess, but they would probably be slower and employers need to think of their profits.
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28947
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum