Global warming

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Global warming

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Thu May 05, 2016 9:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Tommy Monk wrote:...or just getting back to normal temperatures...!?


And starting to happen again in areas where it really should but has been too unusually cold to do so in recent 100 years or so...


There is no "normal" temperature for the Earth. There is the range of temperatures under which life emerged and then thrived, which is a pretty broad range.

The problem -- and I've told you this dozens of times now -- isn't that the planet is warming. It's how fast it's warming. The planet is currently warming so fast that many living things are not going to be able to adjust. We're already in the midst of a mass extinction event, and it's only getting worse:

It’s frightening but true: Our planet is now in the midst of its sixth mass extinction of plants and animals — the sixth wave of extinctions in the past half-billion years. We’re currently experiencing the worst spate of species die-offs since the loss of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. Although extinction is a natural phenomenon, it occurs at a natural “background” rate of about one to five species per year. Scientists estimate we’re now losing species at 1,000 to 10,000 times the background rate, with literally dozens going extinct every day [1]. It could be a scary future indeed, with as many as 30 to 50 percent of all species possibly heading toward extinction by mid-century [2].

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/programs/biodiversity/elements_of_biodiversity/extinction_crisis/
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24423
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down


Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu May 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:


o flea keeper/4everatwat... do either of you idiots want to tell us the populations of Australia and North America 400 years ago!!!???


Tell us what instruments WERE being used to measure temperatures in australia or North America BEFORE records began about 150 YEARS AGO!!!???





These questions are for veya too...


And tell me how any of these questions constituted racism... and warranted Veyas threats of violence and him wishing 80% of British would be dead!!!???



And still no answers to these simple questions...
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Guest on Thu May 12, 2016 1:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Tommy, there is forensic evidence of what the climate was like before records were kept
As you say, ancient grapevines in Scotland show the world was warmer at that time. Other evidence comes from ancient ice cores, which trapped samples of the earth's atmosphere at the time; other evidence comes from tree rings, which serve a similar function. Remember, there are trees that are thousands of years old.
Yes exactly... thank you for backing up what I say!!!
Especially the tree reference... because you must also accept that the evolution of trees goes back many many more hundreds/thousands/millions of years in their evolution... and the fact remains that trees and other plans species that naturally evolved and exist and require forrest fires to survive... will be indigenous to areas that are normally providing this firery environment that they are used to!!!

The plant species evolved characteristics to require fire to survive tell us that this is normal climatic environment for that area!!!
Regardless of what the recent couple hundred years human observation of local climate may tell us!!!
OMG - OMG --- Because our Village Idiot was on such a mind-blowing tangent to drag this thread back over to the one about 60,000 displaced Canadians; he totally missed what Ben was handing him as proof and finite example about warming cycles 'GLOBALLY' and our Village Idiot - just twisted it into his continued rant about the need for burning! 

    I'm to the point now where this 'sorry assed' human needs to be treated like the 'Village Idiot' he has proven to be! He can't stay on topic - will twist the post into something that it isn't - and can't grasp the subject matter so it can't have happened - and please all of you adults, spoon feed me the information I crave...but I'll deny that it's factual data  

It really is quite OK, dear little Tommy...you don't have to try to impress the adults; just return to your normal source of entertainment and enjoy yourself -

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu May 12, 2016 1:15 pm

This is the global warming thread shit for brains...


The canada fire thread is elsewhere!!!


Sassy wanted talk on global warming to be brought back on this thread.


And still no answers to my simple questions...
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Guest on Thu May 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:This is the global warming thread shit for brains...
The canada fire thread is elsewhere!!!
Sassy wanted talk on global warming to be brought back on this thread.
And still no answers to my simple questions...
You couldn't even be troubled to read the post that I found for your LAZY/LAME arse and see that Ben had give you what you keep CRYING ABOUT~~~

FUCK - WIT Mad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu May 12, 2016 11:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


So flea keeper/4everatwat... do either of you idiots want to tell us the populations of Australia and North America 400 years ago!!!???


Tell us what instruments WERE being used to measure temperatures in australia or North America BEFORE records began about 150 YEARS AGO!!!???





These questions are for veya too...


And tell me how any of these questions constituted racism... and warranted Veyas threats of violence and him wishing 80% of British would be dead!!!???



And still no answers to these simple questions...



Still no answer to these simple questions from the simpletons who claim to be cleverer than me...!!!


Why can't they answer the simple questions...!?
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by veya_victaous on Fri May 13, 2016 2:43 am

aboriginal population was between 1 and 2 million
Observation is the tool,
NO they Don’t use Metric 450 years ago NO ONE DID!

that doesn't mean that don’t have records
they record it on their own scale.
Which has been verified against the various natural measures we can access today like tree rings and sediment deposits.

And how about the FACT the WHOLE Mini Ice age name started by a guy that KNEW it only occurred in Europe and limited area of the northern hemisphere.
He Was literally one of the Racist geranium that messed the world up with his Eurocentric Rubbish to the point that dumb asses like your self believe these Europe only events are global because some dickhead decided that "Europe is all that matters, so if it affected from Poland to England it is global" even though that distance is just within a single nation in the continents that nations are actually big enough to deserve the name.
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18516
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri May 13, 2016 8:36 pm

The mini ice age affected the whole world in there being lower temperatures throughout...


Just not lower enough to actually cause freezing throughout!



Having cold weather in the UK in winter time is never unusual... plenty of frozen ponds about at times... and other freezing of slow/non moving/shallow water areas is also common...


It is also common to see frost/ice on cars in the mornings... and for the water in windscreen wiper system to freeze... and if antifreeze isn't put in engine radiator systems then they would be regularly frozen up too!


During the period known as the mini ice age... the bloody river Thames used to regularly freeze over during winter!!!



It would only need to be a bit lower in temperature than normal for this to happen here!



And is such a remarkable event and so well acknowledged because it was unusual... it wasn't something that normally happened here... but for a time became something that did...


And an undeniable indicator that it was colder than usual!!!



Other places on the planet would also have been colder than usual during this time... but without any accurate measuring techniques... and not colder enough to trigger any obvious indicating events over such a long time... it wouldn't have been noticed as much as being a definite colder period in many places!


Many people may have said to each other that they thought it wasn't as hot as the year before or the decades before etc... although the average temp drop may have been very much the same...


Ie... in london in winter... could well have spells of below zero degrees centigrade as normal... things freeze...


It wouldn't take much more of a drop to cause the Thames to freeze over...



While elsewhere in the world it would be a similar drop lower than average temp but appear to just be not as hot as usual!


If local temp somewhere else would normally be 30 degrees but had a colder spell 10 degrees lower... it would still be 20 degrees and no freezing!!!


Places normally hotter with regular bush/forest fires may have just had much less fires over this period and were very welcome of this event!!!



And remember that if there were regular fires in the first place... it would have destroyed most if not all of the remote and isolated local populations who could have told the stories about it!!!



Without any real accurate techniques of measurement... the unusual event of a river freezing over will be a real indicator of proof of there being colder temperatures over this time...



It didn't happen before... and it hasn't happened in recent decades... so this also proves a return to normal Temps from an unusual cold period!!!


And this would have been a bit colder everywhere!!!
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Lord Foul on Fri May 13, 2016 9:24 pm

thats YOUR reasoning tommy, with no scientific backing either...and its wrong....

on two counts

firstly the temperature variations in the northern hemisphere do not, of necessity affect to the same degree, or even at all those in the southern...
and

tree ring evidence WOULD pick up variations of only a couple of degrees or so ...on a yearly basis....and this , along with ice samples, is a fairly sensitive way of measuring changes in climate.

not only that but you fail to see the REAL problem

which is the RATE at which these changes are occuring....rather than the absolute change....
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9478
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri May 13, 2016 9:40 pm



Trees again...?


Depends which ones you are looking at because they all have different life expectancy depending on species...


Which ones are you basing your opinions on...!?
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Fri May 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The mini ice age affected the whole world in there being lower temperatures throughout...


Just not lower enough to actually cause freezing throughout!



Having cold weather in the UK in winter time is never unusual... plenty of frozen ponds about at times... and other freezing of slow/non moving/shallow water areas is also common...


It is also common to see frost/ice on cars in the mornings... and for the water in windscreen wiper system to freeze... and if antifreeze isn't put in engine radiator systems then they would be regularly frozen up too!


During the period known as the mini ice age... the bloody river Thames used to regularly freeze over during winter!!!



It would only need to be a bit lower in temperature than normal for this to happen here!



And is such a remarkable event and so well acknowledged because it was unusual... it wasn't something that normally happened here... but for a time became something that did...


And an undeniable indicator that it was colder than usual!!!



Other places on the planet would also have been colder than usual during this time... but without any accurate measuring  techniques... and not colder enough to trigger any obvious indicating events over such a long time... it wouldn't have been noticed as much as being a definite colder period in many places!


Many people may have said to each other that they thought it wasn't as hot as the year before or the decades before etc... although the average temp drop may have been very much the same...


Ie... in london in winter... could well have spells of below zero degrees centigrade as normal... things freeze...


It wouldn't take much more of a drop to cause the Thames to freeze over...



While elsewhere in the world it would be a similar drop lower than average temp but appear to just be not as hot as usual!


If local temp somewhere else would normally be 30 degrees but had a colder spell 10 degrees lower... it would still be 20 degrees and no freezing!!!


Places normally hotter with regular bush/forest fires may have just had much less fires over this period and were very welcome of this event!!!



And remember that if there were regular fires in the first place... it would have destroyed most if not all of the remote and isolated local populations who could have told the stories about it!!!



Without any real accurate techniques of measurement... the unusual event of a river freezing over will be a real indicator of proof of there being colder temperatures over this time...



It didn't happen before... and it hasn't happened in recent decades... so this also proves a return to normal Temps from an unusual cold period!!!


And this would have been a bit colder everywhere!!!

I don't know if anybody's ever told you this, but when you write in one-line paragraphs with an exclamation point after each statement, it sounds in my head like someone who's lost control of their emotions and resorted to shrieking.
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24423
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Lord Foul on Fri May 13, 2016 10:01 pm

thats irrelevant tommy...even "fossilised" trees can be used...

large pieces of timber in buildings etc...
and of course those long lived trees (dunno if australia has the equivalent to the venerable Sequoia tree)

certainly for the northern hemisphere in most places a record of tree rings for several species is available going back at least 1000 years if not more which is sufficiently accurate to be used for dating timber found in archeological sites to within a particular year.....
I would imagine the same is true of the southern hemisphere.......

you will have to look up the info available on tree ring dating to see how it works

It does not require that a given individual tree lives to any great age.....

what it DOES require is that you use the same species, from the same general area....

avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9478
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Lord Foul on Fri May 13, 2016 10:04 pm

here tommy...try this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrochronology
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9478
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri May 13, 2016 11:32 pm



Technique is wildly inaccurate on both temperature and time.


avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Lord Foul on Fri May 13, 2016 11:46 pm

evidence ?
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9478
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Lord Foul on Fri May 13, 2016 11:47 pm

and unlikely to be so when combined with other evidence such as ice cores
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9478
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat May 14, 2016 12:28 am

Ice is local to certain areas... you have already suggested Temps in one place don't mean same difference in others... and plenty of places with no ice or trees!!!


lol!



Make your mind up Vic... or are you turning 'quantum' on us now...!?


lol!
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat May 14, 2016 1:12 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:The mini ice age affected the whole world in there being lower temperatures throughout...


Just not lower enough to actually cause freezing throughout!



Having cold weather in the UK in winter time is never unusual... plenty of frozen ponds about at times... and other freezing of slow/non moving/shallow water areas is also common...


It is also common to see frost/ice on cars in the mornings... and for the water in windscreen wiper system to freeze... and if antifreeze isn't put in engine radiator systems then they would be regularly frozen up too!


During the period known as the mini ice age... the bloody river Thames used to regularly freeze over during winter!!!



It would only need to be a bit lower in temperature than normal for this to happen here!



And is such a remarkable event and so well acknowledged because it was unusual... it wasn't something that normally happened here... but for a time became something that did...


And an undeniable indicator that it was colder than usual!!!



Other places on the planet would also have been colder than usual during this time... but without any accurate measuring  techniques... and not colder enough to trigger any obvious indicating events over such a long time... it wouldn't have been noticed as much as being a definite colder period in many places!


Many people may have said to each other that they thought it wasn't as hot as the year before or the decades before etc... although the average temp drop may have been very much the same...


Ie... in london in winter... could well have spells of below zero degrees centigrade as normal... things freeze...


It wouldn't take much more of a drop to cause the Thames to freeze over...



While elsewhere in the world it would be a similar drop lower than average temp but appear to just be not as hot as usual!


If local temp somewhere else would normally be 30 degrees but had a colder spell 10 degrees lower... it would still be 20 degrees and no freezing!!!


Places normally hotter with regular bush/forest fires may have just had much less fires over this period and were very welcome of this event!!!



And remember that if there were regular fires in the first place... it would have destroyed most if not all of the remote and isolated local populations who could have told the stories about it!!!



Without any real accurate techniques of measurement... the unusual event of a river freezing over will be a real indicator of proof of there being colder temperatures over this time...



It didn't happen before... and it hasn't happened in recent decades... so this also proves a return to normal Temps from an unusual cold period!!!


And this would have been a bit colder everywhere!!!

I don't know if anybody's ever told you this, but when you write in one-line paragraphs with an exclamation point after each statement, it sounds in my head like someone who's lost control of their emotions and resorted to shrieking.


Something must be wrong with your head then... as I am merely explaining my opinion in an expression of points in a sequence of logical progression.



Maybe you should stop viewing what people say through the twisted mental kaleidoscopic filter of your own creation... and just read the content in an unbiased way instead...
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat May 14, 2016 6:31 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Technique is wildly inaccurate on both temperature and time.


avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6152
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat May 14, 2016 6:46 am

(Ben was commenting on Tommy's near-endless gibberish earlier above..) :

Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I don't know if anybody's ever told you this, but when you write in one-line paragraphs with an exclamation point after each statement, it sounds in my head like someone who's lost control of their emotions and resorted to shrieking.



Something must be wrong with your head then... as I am merely explaining my opinion in an expression of points in a sequence of logical progression.

Maybe you should stop viewing what people say through the twisted mental kaleidoscopic filter of your own creation... and just read the content in an unbiased way instead...



POOR L'IL  Tommy  Monk.

NOT a brain in his head..

IS THERE  anything more laughably pathetic than a doltish high school dropout with less-than-zero understanding of basic sciences, technology and history -- such as poor ol' Tommy -- forever trying to pass off his endless C&P'd denialist tripe as if it were actually his own "opinions"   ???

avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6152
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Lord Foul on Sat May 14, 2016 10:35 am

Tommy...arctic ice core datat correspods remakably closely with tree ring data for the noprthern hemisphere
and the same for antarctic for the south

as long as the trees used in dendrochronology are compared "locally" then it is accurate enough an indicator of conditions..

moreover the data collected say in england CAN be compared with thet DATA collected in say spain...

although the tree rings even for the same or similar species wont DIRECTLY match between a brit and a spanish tree the pattern of growth ring changes will match (i.e one years growth being wider than anothers) IF the local climate has suffered similar changes

note i said similar ...i.e cooler ...rather than "x" number of degrees

absolute values actually are not so important (within a certain range of course) what really matters is the "trend"...pattern.


avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9478
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat May 14, 2016 10:44 am

And still inaccurate in terms of actual temperature/actual time.


It will not tell you any temperature on any given day.


Just if tree growth in one year was more of less than another year... and there can be a number of reasons for this apart from temperature.


It will not tell you the max temp or the min temp at any time or in any place or in any year... just a speculative overview of general conditions that encourage growth...


Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sat May 14, 2016 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat May 14, 2016 1:30 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:(Ben was commenting on Tommy's near-endless gibberish earlier above..)  :

Tommy Monk wrote:


Something must be wrong with your head then... as I am merely explaining my opinion in an expression of points in a sequence of logical progression.

Maybe you should stop viewing what people say through the twisted mental kaleidoscopic filter of your own creation... and just read the content in an unbiased way instead...



POOR L'IL  Tommy  Monk.

NOT a brain in his head..

IS THERE  anything more laughably pathetic than a doltish high school dropout with less-than-zero understanding of basic sciences, technology and history -- such as poor ol' Tommy -- forever trying to pass off his endless C&P'd denialist tripe as if it were actually his own "opinions"   ???



The opinions I give here are all my own... all you bring is insults and false accusations!


Maybe flea keeper is also hosting ticks and has contracted lymes disease... it is known to cause cognitive impairment, mood problems and other neurological presentations...!


lol!
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Found the perfect simplified image for our Tommy >

Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2016 2:00 am



I can't show you in any simpler format than this example ...but then again Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Mon May 23, 2016 2:59 pm

I've pointed out to Tommy before how he's trying to simultaneously argue that the world has warmed before and that we have no way of knowing what temperatures were before mankind was around. It's a losing strategy because the contradiction in his own argument sails right over his head.

I guess I could try it once more:

Tommy, if there's no way of knowing what temperatures were like before we were here, then we have no way of knowing if the world used to be hotter.

And if the world did indeed used to be hotter, then we do indeed have ways of knowing what temperatures were like before we were here.

You can't have one without the other!

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24423
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by eddie on Mon May 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Adam and Eve walked about butt naked
Must've been hot

There you go. I solved it Cool

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35779
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2016 3:30 pm

And you were doing really admirably too; until he went rogue with his brush fires and got all idiot/savant stuck on tree rings and WTH that had to do with being able to tell global temperatures.

That ole' cliché about 'dragging a mule to water' ~~~ Tommy mule will just never grasp the 'Global Warming' issue and there's no amount of force feeding him that will change it

Portland, Oregon Public Schools Ban all Global-Warming Skepticism Materials 
by Lysander

Not since the 1925 Scopes Monkey Trial has a government school board imposed such a ludicrous rule on school curricula. Last week, the government school board of Portland, Oregon UNANYMOUSLY VOTED TO BAN all schoolbooks or other materials which question or doubt the government’s theory of apocalyptic manmade global warming. See here.
This astounding act of tyranny and censorship rivals the actions of pro-creationist authorities who prosecuted John Scopes for teaching his students about the theory of evolution in 1925.
Will Portland’s public schools now begin firing teachers who inform students about scientific skepticism of global warming, as Dayton, Tennessee fired Scopes? Will teachers be removed for sneaking global-warming skeptic materials into their classrooms?
One might ascertain that the author of the article is most likely a 'bible thumper' and has problems with 'CREATIONIST' and especially GLOBAL WARMING SCIENCE! Suspect

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2016 3:35 pm

eddie wrote:Adam and Eve walked about butt naked
Must've been hot

There you go. I solved it Cool

I wonder ...were they 'Naked And Afraid'

Naked and Afraid | Discovery

www.discovery.com/tv-shows/naked-and-afraid[url=http://www.bing.com/search?q=naked %26 afraid tv][/url]
Video embedded · Naked And Afraid is the ultimate survival challenge. One man, one woman, 21 days with no food, water, shelter, or clothes.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Mon May 23, 2016 4:18 pm

Yeah, I mean, even the fossil record proves temperatures used to be hotter. When we find crocodile relatives used to live closer to the poles, and we know that reptiles can't tolerate the temperatures found at the poles today, the logical deduction is that the polar regions used to be warmer. That's information about temperatures that comes from millions of years ago.

Similar evidence shows that around the same time, CO2 levels rose and a lot of species went extinct. Global warming is inexorably linked to mass die-outs.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24423
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon May 23, 2016 7:35 pm




Fact remains... in many places there are various plant species that require fires to reproduce and continue to survive...


They would only have evolved this feature and continue to exist today if "normal" temperatures are of that which would create the reglar occurrences of these fires...



If fires don't happen regularly in these areas... then temperatures can only be considered to be regularly below normal!!!



If fires do happen in these areas then this would indicate temperatures are well within the boundaries of expected normality!!!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Mon May 23, 2016 7:38 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:


Fact remains... in many places there are various plant species that require fires to reproduce and continue to survive...


They would only have evolved this feature and continue to exist today if "normal" temperatures are of that which would create the reglar occurrences of these fires...



If fires don't happen regularly in these areas... then temperatures can only be considered to be regularly below normal!!!



If fires do happen in these areas then this would indicate temperatures are well within the boundaries of expected normality!!!

And as has already been pointed out to you, people aren't concerned about the fires happening in the first place -- they're concerned that the fires are more frequent and intense than they used to be.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24423
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon May 23, 2016 7:53 pm



How frequent and intense were the fires 500 years ago...?

How about 1000 years ago...???

2000 years ago...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2016 7:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Fact remains... in many places there are various plant species that require fires to reproduce and continue to survive...

They would only have evolved this feature and continue to exist today if "normal" temperatures are of that which would create the reglar occurrences of these fires...
If fires don't happen regularly in these areas... then temperatures can only be considered to be regularly below normal!!!
If fires do happen in these areas then this would indicate temperatures are well within the boundaries of expected normality!!!
Oh, yes ...regurgitated info that we've told you: 'yes, Tommy ...forest fires are a GOOD THING - in some regions they've found that controlling the underbrush with small fires and grazing herds of goats keeps the brush from becoming a hazard for the older trees!'

The rest of it is just more pure conjecture that you have fabricated along with some trash articles with zero science based bloggers to = nothing of value! Evil or Very Mad
But being SOS {stuck on stupid} about this Global Warming issue seems what will be the epitaph written into your headstone! Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon May 23, 2016 7:56 pm

You call 'nature' - conjecture..!?

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Lord Foul on Mon May 23, 2016 8:32 pm

erm...tommy.....

just what makes you think a hot climate is needed for forest fires??

DRY is whats needed......and it can be cold and dry...just as easily as hot and dry....

the fires dont need a hot climate either....just dry and a bolt of lightening....or a hot rock from a volcano...

or a careless homo sapiens

why dont the tropical rain forests have anywhere the number of longlived and wide ranging fires that the much colde higher latitudes have


cos they is wet...and the trees themselves are nowhere near so flammable

most high lattitude forest is pine....which under the right conditions is near as flammable as oil....


we asked about fire insurance for our woodland we bought....and were told...dont bother...hard wood areas are about as flammable as wet asbestos....the risk is minute....

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9478
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon May 23, 2016 8:38 pm

Well it's been colder over recent centuries and the fires haven't been happening much at all...


And the thames was freezing over which was definitely not a normal thing to happen...




_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Well it's been colder over recent centuries and the fires haven't been happening much at all...

And the thames was freezing over which was definitely not a normal thing to happen...
Have you ever needed to start a camp fire - burn wood to keep your home warm'?'
Yes / No ???  Well, then you'd have the basic foundation on why you can't grasp the FACTS for why some forests burn so quickly given such short drought periods and why some can get hit with the worst lightening storms sent my 'Mother Nature' and it might destroy a small section of trees.

Not all under brush becomes kindling {perfect fire started} and not all trees become perfect wood to burn; regardless of the point of flash fire!

But here you are running full circle right back into your confusion about 'Global Warming & Fires' ...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Lord Foul on Mon May 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Well it's been colder over recent centuries and the fires haven't been happening much at all...

2 points...

first untill recently...how would you know? news didnt travel very far or very fast...and often people were not there (or at least not people interested in world wide reporting)
and
secondly...the fact that people were there in limited numbers removes the no1 cause of these forest fires...mankind....


And the thames was freezing over which was definitely not a normal thing to happen...

but that is really irrelevant to your point about the increase in forest fires and fire requiring trees




_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9478
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon May 23, 2016 9:51 pm

Why are you trying to twist the points that i originally made, back at me...!?


For plant species to evolve over many thousands and thousands of years in an area to require forest fires to actually reproduce and continue to exist... then the area must be one of which the expected long term normal conditions are that which are conducive to the creation of the fires in the first place!!!


If the fires only naturally happen regularly when local climate is hot and dry for sustained periods... then the normal for that area is that it is hot and dry for sustained periods...


The abnormal is that it is not!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Lord Foul on Mon May 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Why are you trying to twist the points that i originally made,  back at me...!?


For plant species to evolve over many thousands and thousands of years in an area to require forest fires to actually reproduce and continue to exist... then the area must be one of which the expected long term normal conditions are that which are conducive to the creation of the fires in the first place!!!


If the fires only naturally happen regularly when local climate is hot and dry for sustained periods... then the normal for that area is that it is hot and dry for sustained periods...


The abnormal is that it is not!!!



DRY tommy...DRY...not hot and dry....just DRY....

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9478
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Why are you trying to twist the points that i originally made,  back at me...!?
Because you're either trying to PLAY at being obtuse or you seriously aren't able to grasp this entire SIMPLE concept of 'GLOBAL WARMING'
>>> This is the last resort


For plant species to evolve over many thousands and thousands of years in an area to require forest fires to actually reproduce and continue to exist... then the area must be one of which the expected long term normal conditions are that which are conducive to the creation of the fires in the first place!!!

If the fires only naturally happen regularly when local climate is hot and dry for sustained periods... then the normal for that area is that it is hot and dry for sustained periods...
And yet another YouTube especially geared for just YOU, dear Tommy > > >


The abnormal is that it is not!!!

And since the onslaught into our rainforest has escalated in our generation {peak period during the past 40+ years} the lack of sustainable filter system to purify the air & water from those offsetting drought ridden regions that are burning up {western USA} for the past 5+ years ...this video might aide in your comprehension as well > > >


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon May 23, 2016 10:35 pm


Hot and dry much more likely...


If not hot then moisture in air and condensation etc makes dry much less likely... even without there being much rain!


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Lord Foul on Mon May 23, 2016 10:43 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Hot and dry much more likely...


If not hot then moisture in air and condensation etc makes dry much less likely... even without there being much rain!


so..you have never heard of cold deserts then

http://www.mbgnet.net/sets/desert/cold.htm...you dont get much drier....

the areas of the canadian fire isnt exactly over hot ...or even over dry

but clearly it is dry ENOUGH....(and is full of pine)

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9478
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon May 23, 2016 10:48 pm



So you are agreeing with me now that it is all just normal...?


Which is what I said in the beginning...!!!


lol!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Lord Foul on Mon May 23, 2016 11:48 pm

how do you conclude that what I say agrees with your statement that hotter is "nornmal"???

and besides you miss the point...whilst it has been both hotter AND colder than it is NOW

the problem isnt so much the actual change, as the speed with which the change is occuring...for a number of reasons....

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9478
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue May 24, 2016 12:23 am

You were saying the fires in Canada were not a result of hotter temperatures...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Guest on Tue May 24, 2016 2:09 am

~~~DROUGHT~~~
OMG...you really have a horrid short term memory problem!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue May 24, 2016 3:54 pm

He was also just saying that it was not particularly drier than usual either...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How Australia's Trunbull Gov. Pulled the UNESCO report - fearing it would ruin tourist trade!

Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2016 1:19 am

Australia cut from UN report on climate threat to avoid damaging reef tourism

Date May 27, 2016 - 11:27AM

The Turnbull government intervened to excise references to Australia in a United Nations report on the risk of climate change to World Heritage sites including the Great Barrier Reef in a move dubbed by one Australian reviewer as "disgusting".  
For a liberal, western democracy like Australia to behave in this way is frankly quite disgusting - Will Steffen, emeritus professor at ANU
The report, released on Friday by UNESCO, the United Nations Environment Programme and the Union of Concerned Scientists, examined the impacts of warming world on 31 natural and man-made sites in 29 countries.

Australia is entirely absent in the report, despite an initial version of the report outlining at length the threat posed to the Great Barrier Reef. The section was reviewed by Australian researchers Will Steffen from the Australian National University and Ove Hoegh-Guldberg from the University of Queensland.
In the excised section, the scientists commented on the risk from global warming:

"The biggest long-term threat to the GBR today, and to its ecosystems services, biodiversity, heritage values and tourism economy is climate change, including rising sea temperatures, accelerating rates of sea level rise, changing weather patterns and ocean acidification."

***edited click on the link to read the entire article ***

Political fall-out

Mark Butler, Labor's shadow environment minters, said Malcolm Turnbull "is trying to bury the existence of climate change".
"This is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and we have a responsibility to act to restore health and build resilience,"  Mr Butler said.
"What we don't need is a government that won't act on climate change and won't allocate any new funds to protect the Reef," he added. "The best way to help the reef and to boost tourism and economic growth is to take serious action on climate change, to face the challenge and show leadership."

Senator Larissa Waters, Australian Greens deputy leader and climate change spokeswoman, also condemned the government's intervention. "The Turnbull Government will stop at nothing to cover up the devastating impact its inaction on global warming is having on our World Heritage Areas like the Great Barrier Reef and our magnificent Tassie Wilderness," Senator Waters said. "I am calling on Minister Hunt to publicly explain his role in this sorry affair including whether he was aware of the censorship before the report was published regardless of whether he was formally briefed by the department," she said. "The old parties are adding more fuel to the fire by allowing millions more tonnes of coal to be dug up and shipped out through the Reef to further cook its waters when burnt."
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/australia-cut-from-un-report-on-climate-threat-to-avoid-damaging-reef-tourism-20160526-gp4zzo.html#ixzz49u7YSpTr
Well, here's another prime example where the ability to 'FUDGE' data and keep pertinent info out of a report will allow more 'climate deniers' to just stand around with their hands in their pockets and their heads stuffed up their butts with firm convictions - 'see, there's no negative report from Australia - so there can't be a GLOBAL crisis'  Evil or Very Mad

BS - Utter, political BS by Turnbull of Australia --- SHAME on them!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Sat May 28, 2016 5:12 am

If the Great Barrier Reef is lost, I will seriously cry. That would be like razing the Amazon to me.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24423
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat May 28, 2016 5:53 am

Idea

ONE THING to keep in mind about Oz's Malcolm Turnbull...

HE IS  a corporate-owned pro-development conservative Prime Minister -- much along the same lines as former Canuck PM Stephen Harper and Britain's David Cameron --  and whose lacklustre government is still overly beholden to their big business sponsors (with, in turn, their own climate-denialist/"trickle down" agendas..).

WHERE the latest polls show his L-NP coalition guvm'nt running just behind a combined Labour and Greens opposition.

WITH the next Federal election coming up this July..      
AND a good chance that this election could well deliver a 'hung parliament', with many decisions coming down to crossbench bargaining with minor parties and independents...       Basketball

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6152
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global warming

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum