Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is your real life consumed with arguments about black/v white....race against race...religion against religion??

Nope...so why when we look at the right hand side of our computer is the forum mostly about the above?

I realise that some subjects generate debate....but am I the only one sick and tired of endless groundhog arguments?

If I am just say so and I will join a knitting forum or something. Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Knitting-smiley-emoticon

Syl

Posts : 19565
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:08 pm

didge wrote:
Syl wrote:
It is bullying if a persons personal life is used to score points.
I am talking generally here not you and Rags.


How are you equating reasoning what sways a persons views to scoring points?

People on here all the time try to score points which is a different seperate matter
It happens all the time, which not many are innocent of.
Only a couple of posters I can say with some conviction never do that.

If one persons 'reasoning' ie bringing up something personal that has nothing to do with the subject matter equates to the other person becoming upset or defensive......and it happens frequently even though the person doing the 'reasoning' knows full well it upsets the other person, that is scoring points and harassing that person into either retaliation or submission......which imo equates to bullying.

Syl

Posts : 19565
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:18 pm

Syl wrote:
didge wrote:


How are you equating reasoning what sways a persons views to scoring points?

People on here all the time try to score points which is a different seperate matter
It happens all the time, which not many are innocent of.
Only a couple of posters I can say with some conviction never do that.

If one persons 'reasoning' ie bringing up something personal that has nothing to do with the subject matter equates to the other person becoming upset or defensive......and it happens frequently even though the  person doing the 'reasoning' knows full well  it upsets the other person, that is scoring points and harassing that person into either retaliation or submission......which imo equates to bullying.


If its not reason then if it has no bearing, the reasoning is to show that it has relevance.
Again the problems stems from the religions itself to why people are over sensitive
So your view is a taking a precedent its already bullying, when its not.
Many religious people hold prejudice views, because that is how the religions are designed, based on absolute morals.
If a person beliefs in the dogma and that dogma is challenged whether in their beliefs, of through how they look on others, its always going to challenge their faith whether inadvertently or not.
That is what you are failing to understand here

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:21 pm

So Didge, if you asked me if my view on any particular subject was influenced by my religion, and I said no, you would drop the subject? I've asked you to stop talking about my faith before and you refused. Do you not accept that if you don't stop when asked, that becomes harassment?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:So Didge, if you asked me if my view on any particular subject was influenced by my religion, and I said no, you would drop the subject? I've asked you to stop talking about my faith before and you refused. Do you not accept that if you don't stop when asked, that becomes harassment?


You are asking me to believe you, when I have no reason to do so, especially when you are over defensive.
And this is the main point, I fail to see why you even get defensive and over sensitive if you truly have faith in your belief.
Your faith should be your shield to everything, the only reason you get annoyed as many religious people do. Is they generally have doubt, of which they hate to admit. That is the only reason it bothers them, as people not plagued by doubt do not fear their religion being questioned or challenged
Its not again harassment
How many more times.
How on earth would you fair in a real debate, in a University, claim harassment?
You would be laughed at Rags.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:29 pm

didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

If one persons 'reasoning' ie bringing up something personal that has nothing to do with the subject matter equates to the other person becoming upset or defensive......and it happens frequently even though the  person doing the 'reasoning' knows full well  it upsets the other person, that is scoring points and harassing that person into either retaliation or submission......which imo equates to bullying.


If its not reason then if it has no bearing, the reasoning is to show that it has relevance.
Again the problems stems from the religions itself to why people are over sensitive
So your view is a taking a precedent its already bullying, when its not.
Many religious people hold prejudice views, because that is how the religions are designed, based on absolute morals.
If a person beliefs in the dogma and that dogma is challenged whether in their beliefs, of through how they look on others, its always going to challenge their faith whether inadvertently or not.
That is what you are failing to understand here

No I do understand Didge.
Where we seem to be having confusion is what you seem reasoning and I don't.

For eg....if you were talking about a subject that may be colouring another persons point of view...eg.. paedophilia in the Catholic church, and you were talking to a devout Catholic, it would be a fair assumption to believe that their faith influenced their pov, so in debate it would be very reasonable to ask.
However, if the answer was No....why should you assume that the person is being untruthful?

On the other hand if you were discussing something like bread making....there would be no reasonable excuse to bring a persons religious belief into this debate.
I suspect some would manage though.. via loaves and fishes.

Syl

Posts : 19565
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:32 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So Didge, if you asked me if my view on any particular subject was influenced by my religion, and I said no, you would drop the subject? I've asked you to stop talking about my faith before and you refused. Do you not accept that if you don't stop when asked, that becomes harassment?


You are asking me to believe you, when I have no reason to do so, especially when you are over defensive.
And this is the main point, I fail to see why you even get defensive and over sensitive if you truly have faith in your belief.
Your faith should be your shield to everything, the only reason you get annoyed as many religious people do. Is they generally have doubt, of which they hate to admit. That is the only reason it bothers them, as people not plagued by doubt do not fear their religion being questioned or challenged
Its not again harassment
How many more times.
How on earth would you fair in a real debate, in a University, claim harassment?
You would be laughed at Rags.

I don't really care if you believe me or not. If I asked you to stop, would you? The point is that I rarely talk about my personal faith, so you have no reason to bring it up, do you? It's nothing to do with being "sensitive" or having doubt, I just don't like being harassed by you or anyone else.

If you're talking to someone in a pub and they said they don't want to discuss a certain issue, do you harass them and bully them?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Syl wrote:
didge wrote:


If its not reason then if it has no bearing, the reasoning is to show that it has relevance.
Again the problems stems from the religions itself to why people are over sensitive
So your view is a taking a precedent its already bullying, when its not.
Many religious people hold prejudice views, because that is how the religions are designed, based on absolute morals.
If a person beliefs in the dogma and that dogma is challenged whether in their beliefs, of through how they look on others, its always going to challenge their faith whether inadvertently or not.
That is what you are failing to understand here

No I do understand Didge.
Where we seem to be having confusion is what you seem reasoning and I don't.

For eg....if you were talking about a subject that may be colouring another persons point of view...eg.. paedophilia in the Catholic church, and you were talking to a devout Catholic, it would be a fair assumption to believe that their faith influenced their pov, so in debate it would be very reasonable to ask.
However, if the answer was No....why should you assume that the person is being untruthful?

On the other hand if you were discussing something like bread making....there would be no reasonaable excuse to bring a persons religious belief into this debate.
I suspect some would manage though.. via loaves and fishes.


But that is because you are defensive not over the views I am making but because you perceive your friend to be bullied,
You have already taken a stance on this and hence fail to see reason.
There are many ways to see if a person is not being truthful by how they answer, if they get very defensive and over sensitive.
Just because they may not recognise that it is connected, does not mean by them saying it has nothing to do with it, does not mean it doesn't.
The funniest part of this is you are asking me to go off faith and not reason.
Well bread and religion have countless connections, what do you think holy communion is based off?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:34 pm

I mean - would you harass a gay person over and over again to explain why they're gay, or keep asking them about it, even if they didn't mention it?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:


You are asking me to believe you, when I have no reason to do so, especially when you are over defensive.
And this is the main point, I fail to see why you even get defensive and over sensitive if you truly have faith in your belief.
Your faith should be your shield to everything, the only reason you get annoyed as many religious people do. Is they generally have doubt, of which they hate to admit. That is the only reason it bothers them, as people not plagued by doubt do not fear their religion being questioned or challenged
Its not again harassment
How many more times.
How on earth would you fair in a real debate, in a University, claim harassment?
You would be laughed at Rags.

I don't really care if you believe me or not. If I asked you to stop, would you? The point is that I rarely talk about my personal faith, so you have no reason to bring it up, do you? It's nothing to do with being "sensitive" or having doubt, I just don't like being harassed by you or anyone else.

If you're talking to someone in a pub and they said they don't want to discuss a certain issue, do you harass them and bully them?


If you do not really care, then why are you accusing and claiming harassment.
That contradicts. Unless it had to with a a family friends death, or someone was raped or murdered, then no I would not stop discussing because they came over sensitive. So you expect everyone in the pub talking about this to stop[ just for that one over sensitive religious person.
Well they can always sit that conversation out cant they

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:35 pm

What is really absurd is how a bully accuses others of being "sensitive". Did you bully people at school Didge, and then accuse them of being "sensitive" if they objected?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I mean - would you harass a gay person over and over again to explain why they're gay, or keep asking them about it, even if they didn't mention it?

A homosexual is born a homosexual, its not a belief.
You chose to believe and it sways your views.
So your point has no meaning

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:37 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't really care if you believe me or not. If I asked you to stop, would you? The point is that I rarely talk about my personal faith, so you have no reason to bring it up, do you? It's nothing to do with being "sensitive" or having doubt, I just don't like being harassed by you or anyone else.

If you're talking to someone in a pub and they said they don't want to discuss a certain issue, do you harass them and bully them?


If you do not really care, then why are you accusing and claiming harassment.
That contradicts. Unless it had to with a a family friends death, or someone was raped or murdered, then no I would not stop discussing because they came over sensitive. So you expect everyone in the pub talking about this to stop[ just for that one over sensitive religious person.
Well they can always sit that conversation out cant they

I said I don't care if you believe what I say or not. That doesn't mean I'll let you harass me over and over again. I really think there's something wrong with you. You're insecure or something, and that's why you just have to try to force others to see things your way.

So next time you do it, you don't mind if I get personal back then? You've had fair warning.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:38 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I mean - would you harass a gay person over and over again to explain why they're gay, or keep asking them about it, even if they didn't mention it?

A homosexual is born a homosexual, its not a belief.
You chose to believe and it sways your views.
So your point has no meaning

Ah, you've changed your argument yet again. Not long ago you claimed that religious people don't choose to have faith.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:38 pm

As for not being believed....it happens to everyone at one time or another.
I have talked truthfully about my son (in a debate about rents) on here and been more or less told I was making stuff up.....it's annoying.
But at the end of the day why should someones opinion of you matter. In real life you would probably never give them the time of day much less talk about your private life.
On a forum, for everyone who thinks you talk shite someone else may appreciate your honesty....I prefer to aim my posts at the latter.

Syl

Posts : 19565
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:What is really absurd is how a bully accuses others of being "sensitive". Did you bully people at school Didge, and then accuse them of being "sensitive" if they objected?


See, you have gone again to starting looking for a fight.
You are accusing.
Now its pointless continuing again. As you keep claiming bully
Like I said, you place yourself in the arena and call me countless things Rags, thus being hypocritical, but when I speak on relligion it has purpose.
But you are itching for a fight again and I am going to deny you that
You see i am ceasing the conversation, to stop you getting upset

Ta ta

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:39 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't really care if you believe me or not. If I asked you to stop, would you? The point is that I rarely talk about my personal faith, so you have no reason to bring it up, do you? It's nothing to do with being "sensitive" or having doubt, I just don't like being harassed by you or anyone else.

If you're talking to someone in a pub and they said they don't want to discuss a certain issue, do you harass them and bully them?


If you do not really care, then why are you accusing and claiming harassment.
That contradicts. Unless it had to with a a family friends death, or someone was raped or murdered, then no I would not stop discussing because they came over sensitive. So you expect everyone in the pub talking about this to stop[ just for that one over sensitive religious person.
Well they can always sit that conversation out cant they

The people in the pub aren't necessarily talking to me are they? In fact, I have asked someone I was talking to to watch what they say on a certain subject in case they upset someone I was with (nothing to do with religion).
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:40 pm

didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

No I do understand Didge.
Where we seem to be having confusion is what you seem reasoning and I don't.

For eg....if you were talking about a subject that may be colouring another persons point of view...eg.. paedophilia in the Catholic church, and you were talking to a devout Catholic, it would be a fair assumption to believe that their faith influenced their pov, so in debate it would be very reasonable to ask.
However, if the answer was No....why should you assume that the person is being untruthful?

On the other hand if you were discussing something like bread making....there would be no reasonaable excuse to bring a persons religious belief into this debate.
I suspect some would manage though.. via loaves and fishes.


But that is because you are defensive not over the views I am making but because you perceive your friend to be bullied,
You have already taken a stance on this and hence fail to see reason.
There are many ways to see if a person is not being truthful by how they answer, if they get very defensive and over sensitive.
Just because they may not recognise that it is connected, does not mean by them saying it has nothing to do with it, does not mean it doesn't.
The funniest part of this is you are asking me to go off faith and not reason.
Well bread and religion have countless connections, what do you think holy communion is based off?

I already said I was talking generally and I was.
Replace religion with race or sexual preference.

Syl

Posts : 19565
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

A homosexual is born a homosexual, its not a belief.
You chose to believe and it sways your views.
So your point has no meaning

Ah, you've changed your argument yet again. Not long ago you claimed that religious people don't choose to have faith.


People do not get to chose their belief in many cases due to geography, they are raised and indoctrinated, but when older they can choose.
So not changing anything, 100% correct in that aspect

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:40 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:What is really absurd is how a bully accuses others of being "sensitive". Did you bully people at school Didge, and then accuse them of being "sensitive" if they objected?


See, you have gone again to starting looking for a fight.
You are accusing.
Now its pointless continuing again. As you keep claiming bully
Like I said, you place yourself in the arena and call me countless things Rags, thus being hypocritical, but when I speak on relligion it has purpose.
But you are itching for a fight again and I am going to deny you that
You see i am ceasing the conversation, to stop you getting upset

Ta ta

So you claim you're going to keep harassing me and you accuse me of looking for a fight. You look for fights daily on this forum. Well don't think you can browbeat me Didge - bullies like you crumple when they don't get their own way.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Syl wrote:
didge wrote:


But that is because you are defensive not over the views I am making but because you perceive your friend to be bullied,
You have already taken a stance on this and hence fail to see reason.
There are many ways to see if a person is not being truthful by how they answer, if they get very defensive and over sensitive.
Just because they may not recognise that it is connected, does not mean by them saying it has nothing to do with it, does not mean it doesn't.
The funniest part of this is you are asking me to go off faith and not reason.
Well bread and religion have countless connections, what do you think holy communion is based off?

I already said I was talking generally and I was.
Replace religion with race or sexual preference.

But we are talking about religion though based on your comments.
I can bring race into both your points
On the bread making skills of Africans for example, or sexual games around dough.
To your previous point on sex abuse, I have said and will repeat again that this is the one instance where religion is important if they have a true faith, because it teaches against sex outside marriage for example

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:46 pm

As this has turned into  didge and Rags thread....with Didge unmoving about his right to reason no matter what.

I don't know if you are gay or black or not Didge, but just say you are (for the reason of debate)
If whenever you posted your opinion on a topic someone brought in your colour or your sexuality....even when it had nothing to do with the views you were expressing, but the person who was replying insisted it did...would that not annoy you a bit?

be back later..

Syl

Posts : 19565
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:48 pm

Syl wrote:As this has turned into  didge and Rags thread....with Didge unmoving about his right to reason no matter what.

I don't know if you are gay or black or not Didge, but just say you are (for the reason of debate)
If whenever you posted your opinion on a topic someone brought in your colour or your sexuality....even when it had nothing to do with the views you were expressing, but the person who was replying insisted it did...would that not annoy you a bit?


lol I am neither gay or black,. both being aspects both would be born with
A person of religion has a choice
A gay person or black person cannot change who they are.
Again its the belief i am critical of not the individual, but the individual because of their beliefs, is over sensitive to that.
You both turned this into a thread about me
I just merely answered your questions.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:48 pm

So Didge, if I went into that thread you started on the schoolgirl who's been charged with attempted murder and asked you if you're only interested because you clearly have a penchant for schoolgirls in short skirts, you wouldn't mind?

Perhaps I could say that you're going to be biased one way or another because you've been convicted of a violent offence yourself and been to prison. Would that be fair comment?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:51 pm

If that is what you want to believe Rags, that is up to you.
I would reason though your views lack any evidence and meaning, because they are formed from emotions.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:52 pm

didge wrote:If that is what you want to believe Rags, that is up to you.
I would reason though your views lack any evidence and meaning, because they are formed from emotions.

No, they'd be based on reality. If you think that all my opinions are based on my faith, I'm entitled to assume that your views are based on your penchant for young girls and your criminal behaviour.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:If that is what you want to believe Rags, that is up to you.
I would reason though your views lack any evidence and meaning, because they are formed from emotions.

No, they'd be based on reality. If you think that all my opinions are based on my faith, I'm entitled to assume that your views are based on your penchant for young girls and your criminal behaviour.

You are making accusations based on what?
Some threads I have started that defend female equality and off a view I once was convicted of violence, and in both you fail to reason anything from this.
That is being emotional on your part

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:55 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No, they'd be based on reality. If you think that all my opinions are based on my faith, I'm entitled to assume that your views are based on your penchant for young girls and your criminal behaviour.

You are making accusations based on what?
Some threads I have started that defend female equality and off a view I once was convicted of violence, and in both you fail to reason anything from this.
That is being emotional on your part

Based on what you've said on this forum.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

You are making accusations based on what?
Some threads I have started that defend female equality and off a view I once was convicted of violence, and in both you fail to reason anything from this.
That is being emotional on your part

Based on what you've said on this forum.


That is a subjective opinion, swayed even more of your low opinion of me, not reason.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:57 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Based on what you've said on this forum.


That is a subjective opinion, swayed even more of your low opinion of me, not reason.

It's as valid as your assumptions about me, which you've based on very little I've actually said.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:


That is a subjective opinion, swayed even more of your low opinion of me, not reason.

It's as valid as your assumptions about me, which you've based on very little I've actually said.


Incorrect, as i reason my points
That is the big difference rags

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:03 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's as valid as your assumptions about me, which you've based on very little I've actually said.


Incorrect, as i reason my points
That is the big difference rags

No you don't - you make assumptions, and then you get hostile because you want to harass someone, and if Zack isn't here, you try it with me. You did it in a couple of threads where I hadn't even mentioned religion - via one of your many former deleted accounts. That's partly why you delete your accounts isn't it? You try to hide your bad behaviour.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:


Incorrect, as i reason my points
That is the big difference rags

No you don't - you make assumptions, and then you get hostile because you want to harass someone, and if Zack isn't here, you try it with me. You did it in a couple of threads where I hadn't even mentioned religion - via one of your many former deleted accounts. That's partly why you delete your accounts isn't it? You try to hide your bad behaviour.

You are just regurgitating the same baseless claims Rags

So again I am just going to walk away, as you are just itching for a fight

I am not going to fall for that or give you what you want.

So enjoy conversing with yourself on this thread

Ta Ta

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:06 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No you don't - you make assumptions, and then you get hostile because you want to harass someone, and if Zack isn't here, you try it with me. You did it in a couple of threads where I hadn't even mentioned religion - via one of your many former deleted accounts. That's partly why you delete your accounts isn't it? You try to hide your bad behaviour.

You are just regurgitating the same baseless claims Rags

So again I am just going to walk away, as you are just itching for a fight

I am not going to fall for that or give you what you want.

So enjoy conversing with yourself on this thread

Ta Ta


You do that. You're learning at last when you're beaten.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty HEY, MAAAAA...they're at it again~~~

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:52 pm

59 posts just between Didgy-dooer and Raggs
{quick count since their both on my ignore}
and it won't take much imagination to guess that they've been doing nothing more then Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Family-smiley-emoticon 
And what were you saying Syl confused

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:58 pm

4EVER2 wrote:59 posts just between Didgy-dooer and Raggs
{quick count since their both on my ignore}
and it won't take much imagination to guess that they've been doing nothing more then Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Family-smiley-emoticon 
And what were you saying Syl confused


For someone who has us both on ignore, you're very interested in counting how many posts we've made. Just think, you could have used that time to wash your hands or something ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:03 pm

Why is someone counting posts between two posters claiming to have them on ignore.

That is doing anything but having them on ignore

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:09 pm

OCD - I said that her obsession with germs would end in OCD, and it looks like I'm right.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:12 pm

There is no need to make accusations

Her post was bitter enough on its own for all to see.

Just do as you did in the first post and point how its the worst contradiction possible

Where she clearly does not have on ignore to count all the posts.

But you have a point on obsession

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:15 pm

didge wrote:There is no need to make accusations

Her post was bitter enough on its own for all to see.

Just do as you did in the first post and point how its the worst contradiction possible

Where she clearly does not have on ignore to count all the posts.

But you have a point on obsession


I don't care. She inserted herself into a thread for no reason other than to troll, and she's not reading my posts anyway. I think she does have OCD actually.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:48 pm

Stormee wrote:
Syl wrote:Is your real life consumed with arguments about black/v white....race against race...religion against religion??

Nope...so why when we look at the right hand side of our computer is the forum  mostly about the above?

I realise that some subjects generate debate....but am I the only one sick and tired of endless groundhog arguments?

If I am just say so and I will join a knitting forum or something. Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Knitting-smiley-emoticon

For years now the white/black issue has been on the mind of many not only hear but worldwide including the good old US of A..

I remember as a kid  it was scorned upon when blacks from commonwealth countries came here took our jobs as cheap labour and were seen with our white women who were looked down upon and called old bags. Blacks brought drugz here.
Then Idi Amin kicked out those lovely black Asians people from Uganda who came here took our jobs as cheap labour, brought in drugs committed crime, ran prostitutes opened filthy corner shops and restaurants and again went with our white women who were called slags, bags, dogs, skankers and all sorts.
Now we have the muzzzzzizzzz doing the same but with terrorism, destruction, rape, paedophilia and killings added.

Why do we need to import more when we already have more than enough of our own home bred scum?

Some years back we had 'paki bashing', remember.

The white V black problem will NEVER go away as they are different to us whitiz, look around the world.

Before anyone throws their toys out of the pram ask yourself, 'have I said anything which is not factual'???? ***as a matter of FACT, yes you have!

This probleb of immigrants/migrants, foreign infestation, call it what you will is spoken about in private, tiz on the lipz of a lot nowadays, not long back some asshole forum management would ban you for 'thinking' this.

Too many arguments on forums but it has ALWAYS been and worse on some, most caused by someone being personal and lying IMHO.

Yes I am fed up of reading about and posting it but I hope one day this island will wake up and get rid of all forunuz which are not of measurable economic value to our island.

LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST. 

And on this #1, single issue; you've been exposed as so far off base as to be playing in a different ball park No  
Geeze Louise Stormee, I'm not from England and yet I'm very aware of the Englands Trading/Shipping of Opium to China long before there were any foreigners involved that you could blame your countries drug problems on!

When it has suited the needs of the aristocrats the means have always been justified; trading opium for those silks/porcelains/fine china dishes and other goods only found in China! Suspect

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:02 pm

Stormee wrote:
Syl wrote:Is your real life consumed with arguments about black/v white....race against race...religion against religion??

Nope...so why when we look at the right hand side of our computer is the forum  mostly about the above?

I realise that some subjects generate debate....but am I the only one sick and tired of endless groundhog arguments?

If I am just say so and I will join a knitting forum or something. Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Knitting-smiley-emoticon

For years now the white/black issue has been on the mind of many not only hear but worldwide including the good old US of A..

I remember as a kid  it was scorned upon when blacks from commonwealth countries came here took our jobs as cheap labour and were seen with our white women who were looked down upon and called old bags. Blacks brought drugz here.
Then Idi Amin kicked out those lovely black Asians people from Uganda who came here took our jobs as cheap labour, brought in drugs committed crime, ran prostitutes opened filthy corner shops and restaurants and again went with our white women who were called slags, bags, dogs, skankers and all sorts.
Now we have the muzzzzzizzzz doing the same but with terrorism, destruction, rape, paedophilia and killings added.

Why do we need to import more when we already have more than enough of our own home bred scum?

Some years back we had 'paki bashing', remember.

The white V black problem will NEVER go away as they are different to us whitiz, look around the world.

Before anyone throws their toys out of the pram ask yourself, 'have I said anything which is not factual'????

This probleb of immigrants/migrants, foreign infestation, call it what you will is spoken about in private, tiz on the lipz of a lot nowadays, not long back some asshole forum management would ban you for 'thinking' this.

Too many arguments on forums but it has ALWAYS been and worse on some, most caused by someone being personal and lying IMHO.

Yes I am fed up of reading about and posting it but I hope one day this island will wake up and get rid of all forunuz which are not of measurable economic value to our island.

LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST.
 

When I was a kid in the 50's and 60's I didn't know any Black people....the Irish and Jewish population was growing in the area I lived in, and though there was teething troubles I think most people were accepted and accepting.
I live in a city...then Salford and now Manchester, and I think people in cities are more open to change.

I honestly don't remember any immigrants looking down on white women in those days (morso now unfortunately) though it was accepted that certain groups stayed within their own communities when it came to marriage, but that worked both ways.

You do speak your mind Stormee and there is some truth in some of the things you say....I think it's more the way you say it that gets some peoples backs up.
Personally I think in life as well as in forums, people can hold any opinion they like as long as they are truthful about it....it doesn't mean anyone else has to agree with it....and everyones views are coloured by their own life experiences.

Syl

Posts : 19565
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:09 pm

didge wrote:
Syl wrote:As this has turned into  didge and Rags thread....with Didge unmoving about his right to reason no matter what.

I don't know if you are gay or black or not Didge, but just say you are (for the reason of debate)
If whenever you posted your opinion on a topic someone brought in your colour or your sexuality....even when it had nothing to do with the views you were expressing, but the person who was replying insisted it did...would that not annoy you a bit?


lol I am neither gay or black,. both being aspects both would be born with
A person of religion has a choice
A gay person or black person cannot change who they are.
Again its the belief i am critical of not the individual, but the individual because of their beliefs, is over sensitive to that.
You both turned this into a thread about me
I just merely answered your questions.

We didn't turn this into a thread about you Didge...it just evolved that way like so many threads you post in tend to do. Razz

And yes....I know you are critical of a persons beliefs, and that is exactly what colours so many of your replies even when the subject has nothing about belief....you turn it into that....as is shown in this thread.

To get back to the gist of what the thead was about....I doubt you conduct your conversations and relationships offline the same way you conduct them online.

Syl

Posts : 19565
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:18 pm

14 kids was not that unusual for Irish families back in the 60's. I knew some on the street we lived in.
I was poor, but I never thought so because most people were in a similar boat. To me the 'poor people' were the Irish for the simple reason they had so many mouths to feed and many of the men were unskilled.

Syl

Posts : 19565
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Victorismyhero on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:24 pm

I think THE problem is that people on forums are deliberately too thin skinned in many cases...yes there have been issue which were seriously bad....but in general its my feeling that folks get deliberately all thin skinned in order to win a debate.....
if they can give the impression their "opponent" is making them cry they win by default....

I mean if I was all thin skinned I'd be whingeing all the time and crying foul at almost every post...

what part of ...I dont give a flying f**k what YOU think of me doesnt anyone understand...

and YES I DO apply that philosophy "out side" of forum life....

what you see is what you get....if you dont like it...tough Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 2190311264
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10555
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I think THE problem is that people on forums are deliberately too thin skinned in many cases...yes there have been issue which were seriously bad....but in general its my feeling that folks get deliberately all thin skinned in order to win a debate.....
if they can give the impression their "opponent" is making them cry they win by default....

I mean if I was all thin skinned I'd be whingeing all the time and crying foul at almost every post...

what part of ...I dont give a flying f**k what YOU think of me  doesnt anyone understand...

and YES I DO apply that philosophy "out side" of forum life....

what you see is what you get....if you dont like it...tough Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 2190311264

I don't think that's true. I think that some people are deliberately offensive on forums because they know they're anonymous and nobody is going to smack them in the mouth. Laughing

It's good not to care too much what others think, but sometimes you have to care a little bit - if you have a job or something.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:30 pm

I have seen a lot of faux outrage on forums since I first joined them in 2007, usually by the biggest trouble causers.
Personally I don't like the swearing at posters and name calling, not because I am thin skinned more because it spoils debate.

Lets face it, if you called someone a scummy c**t in real life you certainly wouldn't be winning any argument....not round my way anyway.

Syl

Posts : 19565
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum