West Virginia

Go down

West Virginia

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Does anyone have a link to a forum that is based upon the history of West Virginia?

avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8047
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by eddie on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:44 pm

No I don't but you could google for one?
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35562
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by Original Quill on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:22 pm

According to wiki:

Wiki wrote:West Virginia is one of two American states formed during the American Civil War (1861–1865), along with Nevada, and is the only state to form by seceding from a Confederate state. It was originally part of the British Virginia Colony (1607–1776) and the western part of the state of Virginia (1776–1863), whose population became sharply divided over the issue of secession from the Union and in the separation from Virginia, formalized by admittance to the Union as a new state in 1863. West Virginia was one of the Civil War Border states.

West Virginia's history was profoundly affected by its mountainous terrain, spectacular river valleys, and rich natural resources. These were all factors driving its economy and the lifestyles of residents, as well as drawing visitors to the "Mountain State" in the early 21st century.

See, http://www.infoplease.com/us-states/west-virginia.html
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24614
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:54 pm

eddie wrote:No I don't but you could google for one?

I have. not much luck.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8047
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:According to wiki:

Wiki wrote:West Virginia is one of two American states formed during the American Civil War (1861–1865), along with Nevada, and is the only state to form by seceding from a Confederate state. It was originally part of the British Virginia Colony (1607–1776) and the western part of the state of Virginia (1776–1863), whose population became sharply divided over the issue of secession from the Union and in the separation from Virginia, formalized by admittance to the Union as a new state in 1863. West Virginia was one of the Civil War Border states.

West Virginia's history was profoundly affected by its mountainous terrain, spectacular river valleys, and rich natural resources. These were all factors driving its economy and the lifestyles of residents, as well as drawing visitors to the "Mountain State" in the early 21st century.

See, http://www.infoplease.com/us-states/west-virginia.html

Yeah, I've done a fair amount of research on Google but wanted to actually get it from the horse's mouth so to speak.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8047
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:12 pm

Check it out: http://www.city-data.com/forum/west-virginia/

May I ask why you're interested in America's taint?
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24296
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by eddie on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:47 pm

She could tell you, but she might have to kill you first.
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35562
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:02 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Check it out: http://www.city-data.com/forum/west-virginia/

May I ask why you're interested in America's taint?

yes, I've read it's supposed to be the most poor and isolated region. My research deals with 1897 though, and the life of the mountain people at that time.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8047
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by nicko on Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:12 pm

West Virginia, Mountain Momma, Country Roads?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9899
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by Original Quill on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:36 pm

Your research wouldn't happen to involve John Morgan, would it?
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24614
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:48 pm

clown

John Denver :

Country roads
West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains          tongue
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6064
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:26 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Check it out: http://www.city-data.com/forum/west-virginia/

May I ask why you're interested in America's taint?

yes, I've read it's supposed to be the most poor and isolated region.   My research deals with 1897 though, and the life of the mountain people at that time.  

Well, I can tell you that I know life is old there -- older than the trees, in fact. But younger than the mountains, and blowing like the breeze.
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24296
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by Syl on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Are you writing a book HT ?
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16152
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

yes, I've read it's supposed to be the most poor and isolated region.   My research deals with 1897 though, and the life of the mountain people at that time.  

Well, I can tell you that I know life is old there -- older than the trees, in fact. But younger than the mountains, and blowing like the breeze.

It's amazing what actually turns up when you start researching something. That people, despite poverty, are most likely a lot happier than those with material wealth.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8047
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Syl wrote:Are you writing a book HT ?

Just as if Question
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8047
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:46 pm

nicko wrote:West Virginia, Mountain Momma,   Country Roads?

I actually can't abide country and western music. Though some of it is hilarious. But that's another thread.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8047
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:50 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

yes, I've read it's supposed to be the most poor and isolated region.   My research deals with 1897 though, and the life of the mountain people at that time.  

Well, I can tell you that I know life is old there -- older than the trees, in fact. But younger than the mountains, and blowing like the breeze.

It's amazing what actually turns up when you start researching something.   That people, despite poverty, are most likely a lot happier than those with material wealth.

Did you see the link I posted? They're the most miserable state in the country according to their own self-reporting.
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24296
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:06 pm

There's a whole other place more miserable than England????
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35562
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by Syl on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:18 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Are you writing a book HT ?

Just as if Question

Oh OK....your posting style reminds me of someone who has written a book....but I wont mention any names. Cool
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16152
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Just as if Question

Oh OK....your posting style  reminds me of someone who has written a book....but I wont mention any names. Cool

No, I'm not Edna relieved
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8047
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:30 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It's amazing what actually turns up when you start researching something.   That people, despite poverty, are most likely a lot happier than those with material wealth.

Did you see the link I posted? They're the most miserable state in the country according to their own self-reporting.

I was referring to 100 years ago. I have no interest in the place in this century.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8047
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by Syl on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:30 pm

No not Edna...I didn't know she wrote anyway. Smile
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16152
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Ive been singing "country road take me home to a place where I belooooooong....West Virginia...."

All
Bloody
Evening

Thanks
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35562
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by Original Quill on Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:23 am

Better Country Roads than I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General, from Pirates Of Penzance.

Milestones:
Congratulate me...that's my 11,500th post. cheers
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24614
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: West Virginia

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum