Have You Ever Kept Schtum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have You Ever Kept Schtum

Post by Syl on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Yes...I have kept schtum over quite a few things throughout life.
If it was anything involving a childs saftey I definately would not keep quiet though.
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Stormee...asked > Would you have kept schtum?
   Ahhhh, I'll need a translation for that word, before I'd be able to reply?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:26 pm

Me too.
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:30 pm

It means ...Kept quiet. Cool
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:44 pm

Syl wrote:It means ...Kept quiet. Cool  

Ahhh-Haaaa; and no I didn't; I was asked to 'NOT TELL MY WIFE' but I didn't agree to the request and felt that he could either come clean to his secret 2nd life to his wife and their 5 kids or he was leaving me the option to explain to her, my concerns that he'd be bringing home a STD to share with her as well...

Having a long standing affair with a 'SLUT' and exposing his wife to those same medical issues that the 'SLUT' was being treated for --- not something I'd want someone to do TO ME!  So he took me at my word and told his wife - she kicked his sorry arse out and still ended up having to be treated for 'HIS' STD's that he'd shared with her!  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Never dropped a dime on anybody slinging the sticky-icky, does that count?
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Never dropped a dime on anybody slinging the sticky-icky, does that count?
But Stormed was very specific..." did he do the right thing?". Would you keep it a secret if you'd been asked too? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:17 pm

Hmmmm. If you're friends with the cheater it's easier to keep quiet, but if you're friends with the cheated, then no I'd not keep quiet.

Did storm do the right thing? He will only know if he did the right thing, if the wife can say she's been loved and happy for all the years she's been with him AND it was only the once - though once is too many times IMO
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:40 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmmm. If you're friends with the cheater it's easier to keep quiet, but if you're friends with the cheated, then no I'd not keep quiet.

Did storm do the right thing? He will only know if he did the right thing, if the wife can say she's been loved and happy for all the years she's been with him AND it was only the once - though once is too many times IMO

And there's always that possibility of getting caught in both Cross Hairs between the feuding married people when they get back together and turn their angst towards the messenger; I've seen that happen a couple of times right after the divorce was finalized and the couple got back together!  No 

It's like a 'total' loss for the messenger - 'did I do the right thing, now they're both pissed at me'...scenario! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:44 pm

It completely depends on who you're mates with. You don't betray a mate.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It completely depends on who you're mates with. You don't betray a mate.

That's pretty much what I said
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:53 pm

Was it a one-off? Has she been happy all these years?
Is he a bloody good husband?

I dint know how you didn't tell your wife though, I'd not keep that info from a partner.
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Stormee wrote:They are still together and seem OK, I see them regular, it has never been spoken about all these years, I have not even told my wife to this day, his wife was also our friend.
They have 4 kids together, loads of grand kids and great grandkids, would my grassing have contributed to a hell of a family split up?

I reckon I acted properly at the time, seems I did right.

I wonder how many on forums have been norty and got away with it? or caught.

I say it is a mugs game, play around before marriage.
We all walk around trying to survive in our own shoes and walk the path that we CHOSE...and as with this couple that you know; who are we to judge what that woman would have done or wanted to know
Seems it's been historically proven that {both genders} will just settle for whatever their relationship/marriage has turned out to be --- we all don't eat/drink/watch the same entertainment and most marriages fall within that same obscure ways, too!

At least there wasn't a domestic violence situation going on that you'd needed to be worried about.

Last edited by 4EVER2 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:02 pm

Stormee wrote:
eddie wrote:Was it a one-off? Has she been happy all these years?
Is he a bloody good husband?

I dint know how you didn't tell your wife though, I'd not keep that info from a partner.

I reckon it was a one off but who knowz?

They appear to have a good marriage and he appears to worship her, she reciprocates.

She and my wife are shopping together today.

She calls him an 'arsehole' which I believe is a common word used to describe us geezuz.  lol! lol! lol!

I think you did the right thing.
No one knows what goes on in a marriage apart from the people in it....she could have known already, maybe he told her and she forgave him, maybe she never knew.
The important thing is they are still together after all those years and they seem happy.
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:15 pm

Stormee wrote:
Syl wrote:

I think you did the right thing.
No one knows what goes on in a marriage apart from the people in it....she could have known already, maybe he told her and she forgave him, maybe she never knew.
The important thing is they are still together after all those years and they seem happy.

Straight forward sensible answer from Syl, as usual.

'Remember, instead of demolishing things it sometimes pays to repair them'.

Thank you. x

I agree that if a marriage can be repaired it's better than finishing it....sometimes marriage is hard work.

Infidelity is the big killer though, often done casually...and it causes so much pain...not least for the kids who' lose' a parent.
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:02 pm

I guess a one-off is forgivable.....sort of...but the trust is gone really.
It's the ones that go on for months....all those lies.
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:51 pm

I agree with that Eddie....an affair isn't only the sexual side , it's all the lies that must have been told before, during and afterwards.

This question has been asked on forums in the past...would you find it easier to forgive  your partner if he/she had a one night stand no strings attached.....or for them to have had an unrequited attachment to someone else?
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:19 pm

Syl wrote:I agree with that Eddie....an affair isn't only the sexual side , it's all the lies that must have been told before, during and afterwards.

This question has been asked on forums in the past...would you find it easier to forgive  your partner if he/she had a one night stand no strings attached.....or for them to have had an unrequited attachment to someone else?

One night stand much easier to forgive - it's just animal sex - not that I think it's easy to forgive anyone that either (also worse if kids are involved tbh)

An "attachment" .... Well that speaks for itself. That's horrible and would never go away as you'd always wonder whether they'd have left you if it wasn't unrequited.

I've never been cheated on (to the very best of my knowledge) and I can imagine it is just like grief in its ferocity and destruction.
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by captain on Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:40 am

eddie wrote:Hmmmm. If you're friends with the cheater it's easier to keep quiet, but if you're friends with the cheated, then no I'd not keep quiet.

Did storm do the right thing? He will only know if he did the right thing, if the wife can say she's been loved and happy for all the years she's been with him AND it was only the once - though once is too many times
IMO

"but if you're friends with the cheated, then no I'd not keep quiet. " I'd give them hell though. I hate deception, and when it is on going, they are not my sort of friend any more.
captain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Want to know how stupid that post was?
Replace your phrase "clandestine sexual liaisons" with the word "rape" :

Clandestine sexual liaisons are going on all over the world as we speak, it is a fact of life, animal instinct, lust and other names although very distasteful, a life wrecker in some cases.

Let he who be without sin cast the first stone.
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum