Too many mods.

Go down

Too many mods.

Post by Angry Andy on Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:53 pm

Spoil the broth.
Especially when they are over officious and have personal bias.
It ruins a decent forum.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 61
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Eilzel on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:01 pm

Good job that isn't the case here then.
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6584
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by nicko on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Good lord, he never mentioned Flap once!
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10106
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Miffs2 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:09 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Spoil the broth.
Especially when they are over officious and have personal bias.
It ruins a decent forum.
I thought you said you and Sassy had found a fantastic new forum to post on? Surely you haven't been banned from there already? No?  Please do feel free to naff off if you don't like it here. 
Your 'act' is wearing very thin Rolling Eyes
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Original Quill on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Don't know, Andy.  Ben has tried to do with the level minimum.  One or two in the UK, where all the chain-rattlin' goes on, lol, couple in the US, and I believe one in Oceania. That's in the 'cover-the-world' fashion, so it makes sense.

Frankly, would like to see Irn around once again.  

Sooo...have you and sassy left us?  Am I hearing that?  Where are the hot threads where all this news is chatted up?
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25121
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Miffs2 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:Don't know, Andy.  Ben has tried to do with the level minimum.  One or two in the UK, where all the chain-rattlin' goes on, lol, couple in the US, and I believe one in Oceania.  That's in the 'cover-the-world' fashion, so it makes sense.

Frankly, would like to see Irn around once again.  

So...have you and sassy left us?  Am I hearing that?  Where are the hot threads where all this news is chatted up?
There wasn't any discussion, it was greeted with a 'meh'
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Original Quill on Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Don't know, Andy.  Ben has tried to do with the level minimum.  One or two in the UK, where all the chain-rattlin' goes on, lol, couple in the US, and I believe one in Oceania.  That's in the 'cover-the-world' fashion, so it makes sense.

Frankly, would like to see Irn around once again.  

So...have you and sassy left us?  Am I hearing that?  Where are the hot threads where all this news is chatted up?
There wasn't any discussion, it was greeted with a 'meh'

Yes...but suddenly I am hearing that they are gone?? Sooo...there's no basis for that?
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25121
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Thanks for your input HA.
Has the lemonade gone flat already? Neutral
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35851
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Miffs2 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:
There wasn't any discussion, it was greeted with a 'meh'

Yes...but suddenly I am hearing that they are gone??  Sooo...there's no basis for that?
Well, if I understand the situation correctly, sassy and aspic and handy have found a great new site to post on. Aspic deleted her account, sassy and handy did not. Any connection to sassy having recently been treated the same as any other poster by a mod is, I'm sure, entirely coincidental.
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:27 pm

nicko wrote:Good lord, he never mentioned Flap once!

DON'T despair,  nicko....

THE nights still young..

Razz
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6174
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Original Quill on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes...but suddenly I am hearing that they are gone??  Sooo...there's no basis for that?
Well, if I understand the situation correctly, sassy and aspic and handy have found a great new site to post on. Aspic deleted her account, sassy and handy did not. Any connection to sassy having recently been treated the same as any other poster by a mod is, I'm sure, entirely coincidental.

Thx for the up-date Nems. All this happening and I had no idea.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25121
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes...but suddenly I am hearing that they are gone??  Sooo...there's no basis for that?
Well, if I understand the situation correctly, sassy and aspic and handy have found a great new site to post on. Aspic deleted her account, sassy and handy did not. Any connection to sassy having recently been treated the same as any other poster by a mod is, I'm sure, entirely coincidental.


We certainly have, but I still like to pop in here very occasionally.  It had a lot more to do with the level of racism and homophobia that is on here now, plus of course, since the return of your good self, the smell has got overpowering and no amount of spray can overcome it.  Must be all those lemons and crabapples you eat to keep up your levels of bitterness.   You really must try a new diet, the odour is quite overpowering.  Never mind, I'm sure you will learn to live with your conscience in time.  It's a shame that you have allowed it to rule your world for so long, nearly three years, that must be a real problem for you.   Perhaps less sugar syrup on your food?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Original Quill on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:01 pm

sassy wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:
Well, if I understand the situation correctly, sassy and aspic and handy have found a great new site to post on. Aspic deleted her account, sassy and handy did not. Any connection to sassy having recently been treated the same as any other poster by a mod is, I'm sure, entirely coincidental.


We certainly have, but I still like to pop in here very occasionally.  It had a lot more to do with the level of racism and homophobia that is on here now, plus of course, since the return of your good self, the smell has got overpowering and no amount of spray can overcome it.

Given that level of racism and homophobia, don't you feel a bit guilty abandoning us instead of staying around to combat it?

I'm glad you are happy, but there's still work to be done here.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25121
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
sassy wrote:


We certainly have, but I still like to pop in here very occasionally.  It had a lot more to do with the level of racism and homophobia that is on here now, plus of course, since the return of your good self, the smell has got overpowering and no amount of spray can overcome it.

Given that level of racism and homophobia, don't you feel a bit guilty abandoning us instead of staying around to combat it?

I'm glad you are happy, but there's still work to be done here.

Sorry Quill, been looking after two extra dogs this week for a friend, and looking after my Dad next week.  If you think you could change the minds of the racists and homophobes on here I'm afraid you can't.  They'd need brain cells for that and a wider circle of knowledge.  It's never going to happen.   You'd never turn Trump into a decent human being, and the same goes for them.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Original Quill on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:08 pm

sassy wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Given that level of racism and homophobia, don't you feel a bit guilty abandoning us instead of staying around to combat it?

I'm glad you are happy, but there's still work to be done here.

Sorry Quill, been looking after two extra dogs this week for a friend, and looking after my Dad next week.  If you think you could change the minds of the racists and homophobes on here I'm afraid you can't.  They'd need brain cells for that and a wider circle of knowledge.  It's never going to happen.   You'd never turn Trump into a decent human being, and the same goes for them.

Dogs and Dad...sounds like you've had your hands full, so you're excused.

As far as the minds around here, you do a pretty good job. Lol. Glad you look in now and again.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25121
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Miffs2 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Blimey. It's like Beetlegeuse, we said Sassy once too often Shocked
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:13 pm

Really, the most active mods here are LF, Veya and eddie -- Irn and I aren't on as often, so it's good to have a larger team.
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24459
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
sassy wrote:

Sorry Quill, been looking after two extra dogs this week for a friend, and looking after my Dad next week.  If you think you could change the minds of the racists and homophobes on here I'm afraid you can't.  They'd need brain cells for that and a wider circle of knowledge.  It's never going to happen.   You'd never turn Trump into a decent human being, and the same goes for them.

Dogs and Dad...sounds like you've had your hands full, so you're excused.

As far as the minds around here, you do a pretty good job.  Lol.  Glad you look in now and again.


Thanks Quill, I will.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:19 pm

Miffs2 wrote:Blimey. It's like Beetlegeuse, we said Sassy once too often Shocked

Seems your observation skills are pretty crap as well, I posted yesterday.  Never mind, there must be something you are good at.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Miffs2 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:20 pm

F
sassy wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:
Well, if I understand the situation correctly, sassy and aspic and handy have found a great new site to post on. Aspic deleted her account, sassy and handy did not. Any connection to sassy having recently been treated the same as any other poster by a mod is, I'm sure, entirely coincidental.


We certainly have, but I still like to pop in here very occasionally.  It had a lot more to do with the level of racism and homophobia that is on here now, plus of course, since the return of your good self, the smell has got overpowering and no amount of spray can overcome it.  Must be all those lemons and crabapples you eat to keep up your levels of bitterness.   You really must try a new diet, the odour is quite overpowering.  Never mind, I'm sure you will learn to live with your conscience in time.  It's a shame that you have allowed it to rule your world for so long, nearly three years, that must be a real problem for you.   Perhaps less sugar syrup on your food?
So which is it? Lemons and crab apples or syrup? Nice curveball btw, usually when you lose face on here you come back to say you have been ill. Friends dogs? Very inventive.
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Miffs2 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:22 pm

sassy wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:Blimey. It's like Beetlegeuse, we said Sassy once too often Shocked

Seems your observation skills are pretty crap as well, I posted yesterday.  Never mind, there must be something you are good at.
Did you? Dogs didn't keep you that busy then? Of course I didn't notice you daft old sod, you are the one that obsesses over this site. It's not my life.
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:23 pm

Miffs2 wrote:F
sassy wrote:


We certainly have, but I still like to pop in here very occasionally.  It had a lot more to do with the level of racism and homophobia that is on here now, plus of course, since the return of your good self, the smell has got overpowering and no amount of spray can overcome it.  Must be all those lemons and crabapples you eat to keep up your levels of bitterness.   You really must try a new diet, the odour is quite overpowering.  Never mind, I'm sure you will learn to live with your conscience in time.  It's a shame that you have allowed it to rule your world for so long, nearly three years, that must be a real problem for you.   Perhaps less sugar syrup on your food?
So which is it? Lemons and crab apples or syrup? Nice curveball btw, usually when you lose face on here you come back to say you have been ill. Friends dogs? Very inventive.

Not big enough for me, I prefer big dogs, but she needed to get away after caring for her Mum for 5 years.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:24 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
sassy wrote:

Seems your observation skills are pretty crap as well, I posted yesterday.  Never mind, there must be something you are good at.
Did you? Dogs didn't keep you that busy then? Of course I didn't notice you daft old sod, you are the one that obsesses over this site. It's not my life.


Yep, one post yesterday.  Have to say, if it wasn't for the stink you'd be good for a laugh.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Miffs2 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:35 pm

Q
sassy wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:
Did you? Dogs didn't keep you that busy then? Of course I didn't notice you daft old sod, you are the one that obsesses over this site. It's not my life.


Yep, one post yesterday.  Have to say, if it wasn't for the stink you'd be good for a laugh.
You stink?! That's it? That's it from sassy who knows everything about everything and is quick to tell you so. You Stink?! Playground insults. 
Pathetic, truly pathetic.
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Really, the most active mods here are LF, Veya and eddie -- Irn and I aren't on as often, so it's good to have a larger team.


100% agree

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:49 pm

I don't notice a heavy mod presence....LF has been a bit vocal since he was promoted though. Razz

To be fair I thought eddie could have done with a bit of backup recently.....maybe if she gets targeted again she will have it.

It would be sad if anyone left here though...(I haven't been online much over the last few days so don't know whats been going on).
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16542
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Original Quill on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Syl wrote:I don't notice a heavy mod presence....LF has been a bit vocal since he was promoted though. Razz

To be fair I thought eddie could have done with a bit of backup recently.....maybe if she gets targeted again she will have it.

It would be sad if anyone left here though...(I haven't been online much over the last few days so don't know whats been going on).

LF has a gd steady hand. We know him as the admin from SF, and he's a hands-off kind of guy.
Eds gets down in the sandbox and plays with the kids, and so she blurs the distinction between authority and combat. But next day...all's well...
But they both do a gd job.  Meh...
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25121
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Did someone say sandbox?

fiesta
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35851
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:I don't notice a heavy mod presence....LF has been a bit vocal since he was promoted though. Razz

To be fair I thought eddie could have done with a bit of backup recently.....maybe if she gets targeted again she will have it.

It would be sad if anyone left here though...(I haven't been online much over the last few days so don't know whats been going on).

LF has a gd steady hand.  We know him as the admin from SF, and he's a hands-off kind of guy.
Eds gets down in the sandbox and plays with the kids, and so she blurs the distinction between authority and combat.  But next day...all's well...
But they both do a gd job.  Meh...

It's hard to be a mod and a prolific poster sometimes. Laughing
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16542
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:22 pm

Yes it is Syl and like all other mods here, I'm a poster first and foremost.

If I stayed out of the sandbox then Quiil would have no one to have kick sand at Razz
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35851
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:30 pm

Lol...I couldn't find a kicking sand smiley....but this sums it up. Laughing

avatar
Syl

Posts : 16542
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:33 pm

I think that's a very skinny man kicking another very skinny man, in the (very skinny) bollocks?
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35851
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:36 pm

Yes it is...a bit of artistic licence is needed. Razz
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16542
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Syl wrote:Yes it is...a bit of artistic licence is needed. Razz

A lot of artistic licence Syl.....a lot..... Rolling Eyes
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35851
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:40 pm

It's symbolic. Cool
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16542
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Too many mods.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum