The Moral Bankruptcy of the Progressive-Left

Go down

The Moral Bankruptcy of the Progressive-Left

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:00 pm

The progressive movement's main claim to political legitimacy is a moral claim. The movement claims to stand for social justice and equality of rights throughout the world. Any legitimacy the left has as a political movement is grounded in the notion of universal human rights. But if the left has quietly abandoned that ideal, which it has, then it loses both moral and political legitimacy. After all, if the left does not stand for universal human rights, then just what in this world does it stand for?

The sad truth is that the left has abandoned its core reason to be. By holding different people, and different countries, to different moral standards it has effectively abandoned its alleged cor values. One cannot claim to stand for social justice, after all, if you only care about social justice for some people, but not others. If you constantly speak out against supposed Israeli human rights abuses but remain silent about the truly horrific situations in Darfur or Congo or Syria... circumstances that make the Arab-Israel conflict look like a picnic on a summer Sunday afternoon... then you cannot claim to stand for universal human rights and, therefore, any claims you may have for moral or political leadership, as a member of the left, are entirely unfounded.

This is the situation that we find ourselves in, currently, and it probably represents at least part of the reason why many Jews are becoming more and more dissatisfied with the Democratic Party and the progressive movement. Most diaspora Jewish supporters of Israel are people who at one time, if not currently, considered themselves on the progressive-left. Certainly, I did. As someone who grew up in the political aftermath of the counterculture and the New Left, I was impressed with the ideals of those movements. I was impressed with the counterculture for its apparent spontaneity, its anti-authoritarian values, and its sense of community. I was impressed with the New Left for standing against jingoism, for its anti-war agenda, and for its championing of the human rights of women and Gay people and other minorities.

Today, looking back on the movement that was for decades my political home, what I see are the ruins of what was and the rank hypocrisy of what is. The left has essentially broken itself on Israel's back and they don't even know it, yet. The reason for this is that if, as a movement, the progressive-left intends to constantly fire-off Katyushas of Hatred and Qassams of Malice toward Tel Aviv, while snuggying up to Iran, then they lose all moral legitimacy. This is particularly true given the fact that the left could hardly care less about the 5.5 million dead in the Congo, about Tibetans living under Chinese occupation, about rape as a tactic of war in Darfur, about the hanging of Gay people from cranes in Tehran, or about an Arab and Muslim world rife with anti-Semitism, homophobia, and gender apartheid.

In this way the left, which claims to be both moral and anti-racist proves itself to be, in fact, neither.

On the progressive-left, Israel is the Jew among nations. Just as prior to establishment of the state of Israel Europeans tended to ascribe a host of negative characteristics to the Jewish people, so today they ascribe those same specific characteristics to the Jewish state and they do so... gallingly enough, hypocritically enough... under the banner of social justice. For 2,000 years we lived in diaspora, that is, we lived or died according to the pleasure of non-Jews. For 1,300 years we lived as second and third-class non-citizens under the imperialist boot of Muslim rule, i.e., as dhimmis. And today, directly after the historical moment in which we re-took our freedom, progressives tell us that the institution within which we manifest that freedom, the state of Israel, is a racist, colonialist, imperialist, apartheid country which, if it should not be dismantled as the national homeland for the Jewish people, must jump through whatever hoops they lay down. If Israel fails to jump through each and every one of those hoops then clearly they do not want peace and thus deserve whatever they get.

Well, some of us have definitely had enough of this nonsense.

The Palestinians refuse to negotiate a peaceful conclusion of hostilities and the progressive-left blames Israel. The Gazans shot thousands of rockets into southern Israel for years, but the progressives only spoke up when Israel sought to defend its citizenry from those rockets. Did the progressive movement have anything to say about the Fogel family murders? No, it did not. Does the progressive movement have anything to say about Hamas's genocidal charter or the larger Jihadi movement out of which Hamas sprang?

No. It does not.

The left can barely even bring itself to tsk, tsk ISIS.

In fact, as Egypt transitioned from a military dictatorship, under Hosni Mubarak, to an Islamist dictatorship under the Muslim Brotherhood this result was, in part, through the efforts of the current president of the United States. But, then, the left has always had a weakness for the very worst actors in world history. Just as leftists often supported the Soviet Union for decades, despite the tens of millions of innocent dead due to that regime, so it now (usually tacitly, but sometimes directly) supports Political Islam.

For me, personally, the real wake-up call came during the Mavi Marmara incident in May of 2010. There were two groups of people aboard that vessel. There were the violent Jihadis seeking martyrdom... which progressives referred to as "peace activists." And the second group? Well, they definitely weren't Tea Party people. They were, in fact, progressive-left activists from around the world. Progressive-left activists literally, physically, morally, and financially supporting Jihadis in an effort to kill Jews, while telling the world that their mission was humanitarian.

The irony and cruel hypocrisy could not be more rich.

So, just why would you expect Jewish people to remain a part of such a political movement? The progressive-left may have been our home for a very long time, but clearly their values have shifted away from anything that could possibly be acceptable to the great majority of western Jews. Most of those Jews don't really get it, yet, but people are awakening. There are reasons why more and more of us are leaving the Democratic party and the progressive movement.

Because the progressive-left accepts, if not encourages, generalized malice toward the Jewish state it thereby shows the rest of us the door.

I say we walk through it.
_________________________________________


http://elderofziyon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/the-moral-bankruptcy-of-progressive.html#.Vu8PE32LSM8

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Moral Bankruptcy of the Progressive-Left

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Ah, so the progressive left refuses to accept the simplistic, childlike blanket narrative that "Muslims are bad, Israelis are good," which is used by the Western right to advance the ridiculous notion of a global culture clash, and that makes us the morally bankrupt ones?

By acknowledging that both sides have committed human rights abuses in the Israel-Palestine conflict, you can move toward peace. By refusing to hold the Israeli side accountable for its human rights abuses, you move only toward World War III -- something I'd be willing to bet would not be great for human rights.
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24630
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Moral Bankruptcy of the Progressive-Left

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Ah, so the progressive left refuses to accept the simplistic, childlike blanket narrative that "Muslims are bad, Israelis are good," which is used by the Western right to advance the ridiculous notion of a global culture clash, and that makes us the morally bankrupt ones?

By acknowledging that both sides have committed human rights abuses in the Israel-Palestine conflict, you can move toward peace. By refusing to hold the Israeli side accountable for its human rights abuses, you move only toward World War III -- something I'd be willing to bet would not be great for human rights.

And the above prove fundamentally how accurate the article was
You failed to grasp a single point, how in fact the left continually charge, try , place judgment on a nation, they once champion in the past. Where they now view now back what is to them, the recently invented Palestinian Arab nationality, the sole purpose of its invention, to continually be in opposition to the state of Israel. Not only that where trump up charges have been invented in the head of the lefty. Where no reasoned vies have passed this judgement and what is even worse how they wish to punish and target Israel with Discrimination and prejudice policies and an actions, like boycotting and sanctions. Just about showing the worst standards possible. Where they blatantly ignore why this conflict continues to exist, but would make all Israeli's culpable to crimes the regressive lefty has ordained and confirmed as a moral absolute judgment, based off leftist hypocrisy.

This entails making some of the worst and poorest arguments ever to defend a belief system, and not the many Muslims. The left try to deny countless of these problems in the Muslim world and even more disgustingly,make out this is all base off foreign policy. Even though Both Japan and Germany were annihilated economically, and near physically destroyed
> What did each nation do?
Rebuild.

So the lefty brain goes into meltdown now over all of this. The regressive will go out if the way, to dfend the poorest aspects of some of the Islamic sects They will scream democracy, whilst wanting that democracy gone , by defending Islam . having on the end of g absolutely any comprehension. You constantly and sheepish lyoffend a belief system, whee in fact separate the many different Muslim groups.

Which is even worse because your reasoning ends up making things far worse for Muslims.

So not only do you grcate here and have done so come out with justa bo. Peace will come to these lands, only and if ever Palestine rightly admits, it had no . defends a belief system, thateffect and punishment
RhiesEgyot, but shows how fSo notonly do you fail to errand. This why the left do thost undefendable things. The rpolem is though en...


So where instead he leftc laim to stand against sociall injustices like Raiism

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Moral Bankruptcy of the Progressive-Left

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:25 pm

The progressive left can have a view on whatever they want... but in a democracy it is the people who decide...


avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21035
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Moral Bankruptcy of the Progressive-Left

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:28 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Ah, so the progressive left refuses to accept the simplistic, childlike blanket narrative that "Muslims are bad, Israelis are good," which is used by the Western right to advance the ridiculous notion of a global culture clash, and that makes us the morally bankrupt ones?

By acknowledging that both sides have committed human rights abuses in the Israel-Palestine conflict, you can move toward peace. By refusing to hold the Israeli side accountable for its human rights abuses, you move only toward World War III -- something I'd be willing to bet would not be great for human rights.

And the above prove fundamentally how accurate the article was
You failed to grasp a single point, how in fact the left continually charge, try , place judgment on a nation, they once champion in the past. Where they now view now back what is to them, the recently invented Palestinian Arab nationality, the sole purpose of its invention, to continually be in opposition to the state of Israel. Not only that where trump up charges have been invented in the head of the lefty. Where no reasoned vies have passed this judgement and what is even worse how they wish to punish and target  Israel with Discrimination and prejudice policies and an actions, like boycotting and sanctions. Just about showing the worst standards possible. Where they blatantly ignore why this conflict continues to exist, but would make all Israeli's culpable to crimes the regressive lefty has ordained and confirmed as a moral absolute judgment, based off leftist hypocrisy.

This entails making some of the worst and poorest arguments ever to defend a belief system, and not the many Muslims. The left try to deny countless of these problems in the Muslim world and even more disgustingly,make out this is all base off foreign policy. Even though Both Japan and Germany were annihilated economically, and near physically destroyed
> What did each nation do?
Rebuild.

So the lefty brain goes into meltdown now over all of this. The regressive will go out if the way, to dfend the poorest aspects of some of the Islamic sects They will scream democracy, whilst wanting that democracy gone , by defending Islam . having on the end of g absolutely any comprehension. You constantly and sheepish lyoffend a belief system, whee in fact separate the many different Muslim groups.

Which is even worse because your reasoning ends up making things far worse for Muslims.

So not only do you grcate here and have done so come out with justa bo. Peace will come to these lands, only and if ever Palestine rightly admits, it had no . defends a belief system, thateffect and punishment
Rhie sEgyot, but shows how So notonly do you fail to errand. This why the left do host undefinable things.
So where instead some of the left claim to stand against social injustice, but then avocatingf yet more discrmination and [pejudice.
The only thing they have ontainm andy championjship lebel of intelligence

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: The Moral Bankruptcy of the Progressive-Left

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:10 pm

One last thing that lefties never grasp over why when there is only one majority Jewish based nation and countless Atab ones, that they would for several decades attack. They then call upon implemented this

Peace has been to be obtain by Israeli and Palestiniuan civiloans, saying enouigh is enough people who actually want peace and a lasting peace

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Moral Bankruptcy of the Progressive-Left

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:23 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:'To be against Zionism is anti Semitic.

But to be against Islam is not being against Muslims.'

Now that's moral bankruptcy.


It constantly crosses over into antisemitismj, where the vastt majority of Zionists are jews

Why would ytou hate a belief system, places a historical home in Israel and that the Jews, just like countless multiple Arab nations want self determination, be view and seen with such hate?

There is only one reason. So if people claim to hate that, then why?
To in reality cover for their hate of Jews, which is b;blatantly obvious who Israeli's are continually demonized  and dehumanized with one sole intent

You want to criticism Israel, be my guest, you want to say Zionism is wrong, thus rendering any nation then not have a right to self determination

There is Simpy and only one ever reason why this and why sine Israel's formation That  a group of people associated
Palestinian Muslims, by seeking peace and excepting israel, would confirm themselves as Apostates within Islam
They would in effect render Islam redundant,
To many Muslims, the land once conquered and subjugated by them is then backed up with a loon claim, the land will be eternally Muslim.
Sort of opens up people who make vast claims, and then end up making a massive fall

Peace could be achieved as it could have been in as early as the early 120th century
But how does a Muslim who is a literal believer then views his deity as lying and then wrong.
The Arabs themselves were Imperialists and colonists themselves within the Middle East, hence the shambolic stance and arguments made, which want to see Israel destroyed and not like me see l;asting peace between each side

Night

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Moral Bankruptcy of the Progressive-Left

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:08 am

Suspect

ONCE again the crafty old Dodger posts Zionist propaganda trash talk from a right wing nationalist extremist blogger on a Zionist web site...

AND apparently expects the world to believe his lies and hatemongering --  without actually providing any actual evidence or any sound rationale to back up this nonsense ?

TYPICAL..

Arrow
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6294
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Moral Bankruptcy of the Progressive-Left

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:20 am

Didge wrote:One last thing that lefties never grasp over why when there is only one majority Jewish based nation and countless Atab ones, that they would for several decades attack. They then call upon implemented this

Peace has been to be obtain by Israeli and Palestiniuan civiloans, saying enouigh is enough people who actually want peace and a lasting peace


Umm
ever think there cannot be peace when 1 Group believes themselves the chosen race.
It has been the issue EVERYONE has had with Israelis for over 2000 years.
Not one part of that has Changed Since ancient times.

SO What You and the ZIONISTS fail to grasp is YOU HAVE NO POINT!
we grasp your point but we straight up Telling you WE DON NOT BELEIVE YOUR LIES
so stop telling us we don’t grasp it we ALL grasp it!!! we don’t BELEIVE it! which is a BIG difference
WHY don't we Believe it? because it is STUPID and so OBVIOSULY propaganda that only a complete wanker would repeat it with a straight face while Suggesting it is Half Truth!!! let alone fact.
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18657
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Moral Bankruptcy of the Progressive-Left

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:18 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Suspect

ONCE again the crafty old Dodger posts Zionist propaganda trash talk from a right wing nationalist extremist blogger on a Zionist web site...

AND apparently expects the world to believe his lies and hatemongering --  without actually providing any actual evidence or any sound rationale to back up this nonsense ?

TYPICAL..

Arrow

Zionist propaganda?

Seriously, its people like you that have absolutely no idea or comprehension what you are talking about.

"Beware everyone, the great evil of self determination though the belief of a historical home, just as just about every single other nation has. Its apparently the worlds greatest evil to some of the left"

I suggest until you finally reach your teens, and also learn why just about nearly every post you make has about as little intellect, as a 2 year old boy who believes I have just stolen his nose.

No there is nothing to fear at all really Bee, antisemitic hate crimes are increasing around the world. Far two often when people say they hate Zionist, who practically the vast majority of Jewish people, are meaning they actually hate Jews and it is Jews often targeted with this hate. Do I I hear you or others actually condemn terrorist organisations that actively have doctrines full of hate for the Jews. How it is constantly those on the left that have little comprehension how and why a conflict has continued to this day based around around literal belief from a religion. The left at every turn if they feel there is Muslim bigotry which shrill and screams blue murder and the bigotry. The ever growing rise of antisemitism how ever and we see the opposite. They claim a Zionist conspiracy, down play the hate and again play off Zionism, as if this someone how makes discrimination and prejudice acceptable.

So did any of actually read the article and make any points on this

Or di you just emphatically and completely prove the article 100% right



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Moral Bankruptcy of the Progressive-Left

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum