Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Mon 14 Mar - 18:44

Labour is engulfed in a fresh anti-Semitism storm today after refusing to expel a member who claimed Adolf Hitler might be a “Zionist God” and Jews have “big noses”. Vicki Kirby was investigated by the party in 2014 over posting a number of anti-Semitic comments on Twitter – but only suspended from the party and not kicked out by Labour. This morning, the Guido Fawkes blog revealed that not only was Ms Kirby still active in the party, she had been appointed vice-chairman of Labour’s Woking branch.

Yet despite a number of MPs expressing their shock at Ms Kirby being back in the fold, Labour is refusing to boot her out. The controversy comes as the party holds an internal investigation into claims of anti-Semitism at the Oxford University Labour Club. This afternoon, a Labour spokeswoman told the PoliticsHome website: "Vicky Kirby was suspended from the Labour party following comments on social media in 2014.
"Following her resignation as a parliamentary candidate she received a warning from the NEC on her future conduct and the suspension was then lifted. If new evidence comes to light, the Labour Party will review that evidence and make sure the rules of the Party are upheld."

The statement was met with incredulity by Labour MP Wes Streeting, who is currently at an International conference on tackling anti-Semitism in German. A number of other Twitter users took to the social network to announce they were leaving Labour as a result of Ms Kirby keeping her place in the party.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/labour-member-in-anti-semitic-rant-let-off-with-a-warning_uk_56e6e679e4b096ed3adc29d3?utm_hp_ref=uk



What a surprise lefties being racist again

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Mar - 6:17

Jeremy Corbyn Urged By Furious MPs At Parliamentary Labour Party (PLP) To Expel Anti-Semitic Party Member Vicky Kirby.


Furious Labour MPs have urged Jeremy Corbyn to act swiftly to expel a party member who made anti-Semitic remarks and yet was let off with a ‘warning’. At a meeting of the Parliamentary Labour Party (PLP), a string of MPs expressed their outrage at the comments posed on Twitter by local party vice-chair Vicky Kirby. It emerged today that Ms Kirby was suspended as a Parliamentary election candidate, but allowed to remain in the party in 2014 despite making remarks about “Jews” having “big noses” and Israel behaving like “Hitler”.

Louise Ellman, one of the party’s most senior Jewish MPs,  former minister Angela Smith, and former Shadow Cabinet ministers Yvette Cooper and Tristram Hunt, all got up to demand strong action at the PLP meeting. Mr Corbyn told MPs that he had spent his life combatting “all forms of racism”, including Islamophobia and anti-Semitism. Some MPs felt that the Labour leader had not set out an action plan to deal with the latest allegations, but HuffPost UK understands Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell later told the meeting that the party did now need to look again at its rules on expulsion for racist remarks.

As the party grapples with a wider investigation into allegations of anti-Semitism among its students, MPs were appalled to discover today that Ms Kirby was not just a party member but also had been elected as vice-chair of Woking Labour Party. At the PLP meeting, Ms Ellman said that the Labour Party’s stock in the Jewish community was now at "rock bottom". The former Transport Select Committee chairman said that ‘condemnation’ was not enough and that party rules to had to be changed to expel people who had made such remarks.

Angela Smith asked Mr Corbyn "How on earth can you possibly let this person back into the Labour party?" Mr Hunt and Ms Cooper agreed that it was extraordinary that someone who had been suspended for such inflammatory remarks could be allowed to hold any office at all, including vice-chair of a local party. After a discussion on the coming Budget, Ms Cooper raised the issue. Mr McDonnell said perhaps it was time to look again at the issue, with "stronger rules and vetting" on racism.

Several MPs made the point that if Ms Kirby was a member of any other party like the Tories or UKIP, Labour would be demanding that they be expelled and never allowed to rejoin. Earlier today, Mr Corbyn came to the defence of shadow health minister Luciana Berger, who has come under attack from vile trolling by anti-Semites.


Many backbenchers were stunned when a party spokesman said earlier: “Following her resignation as a Parliamentary candidate [Ms Kirby] received a warning from the NEC on her future conduct and the suspension was then lifted.
“If new evidence comes to light, the Labour Party will review that evidence and make sure the rules of the Party are upheld.”
A string of her tweets were recovered by the Guido Fawkes website.

Tonight, Labour MP Wes Streeting revealed that Labour party members had told him they were cutting up their membership cards over the failure to act more strongly on Ms Kirby’s case.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-anti-semitism-labour-mps-vicky-kirby-plp_uk_56e71d6ee4b03fb88ede0b89?gqcwhfr&utm_hp_ref=uk


Disgusted is not the word for this.
If this had been comments about Asians or Blacks, there would have been no hesitation in sacking and expelling her from the party.
Glad to see so many Labour MP's not tolerating this racism
Even worse is at least UKIP acting straight away to racist's within its party.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Mar - 6:26

Labour supporters are cutting up their membership cards in disgust over the party's refusal to oust anti-semites, an MP has claimed. Wes Streeting said Jewish members were asking whether there was still a place for them in Labour after two backers did not have their membership rescinded despite publicly airing "anti-semitic" views. Goodbye, Labour. It's enough now. Maybe when you stop readmitting venal anti-Semites, we can talk again. pic.twitter.com/YW5kKTUgry

— Daniel Sugarman (@Daniel_Sugarman) March 14, 2016

The Ilford North MP also called on leader Jeremy Corbyn to send a stronger message to his supporters who aired racist views. He told LBC's Iain Dale: "I've had messages from party members who've cut up their membership cards. I've had constituents in Ilford North write to me asking 'What on earth is going on with the Labour party'; 'Is there still a place for Jews in the Labour party'; 'Why would Jewish people want to vote for the Labour party'. "The fact is unless we show we have zero tolerance to anti-semitism - as we would with any other type of racism - it's a perfectly legitimate question. 

Streeting insisted Corbyn had not made case-by-case decisions regarding members reported for anti-semitism but urged the Labour leader to offer swift redress to alienated Jewish voters. "It's worth pointing out, both in terms of the episode last week, with a man who expressed a whole series of vile views including anti-semitic viewsand Miss Kirby this week, these are decisions haven't been taken by Jeremy Corbyn," the MP said.

"But the challenge now in Jeremy's in-tray as leader of the Labour party is, I think, there are lots of Jewish people inside the Labour party and across the country who are deeply concerned that Labour is seen as a soft-touch on anti-semitism or looking the other way.

"We need a really strong message from the top... 
The Labour MP admitted he was speaking down a phone-line from an international conference on anti-semitism and felt "embarrassed" attending as a British Labour MP.
"I'm actually in Berlin at the moment at an international conference on tackling anti-semitism and it feels pretty embarrassing being a British Labour MP at this conference given what seems to be a pretty poor approach to tackling anti-semitism ourselves.
"I think we really need to get our act together on this."


http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/labours-wes-streeting-tells-of-members-cutting-up-membership-cards-as-anti-semitism-row-grows_uk_56e70f35e4b05c52666effd4?utm_hp_ref=uk









And not a single condemnation from the lefties on here.
Who claim to stand against racism..
Proving how racism is and always has been a problem on both left and right wing people in societies.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Mar - 8:48

Stormee wrote:The word RACISM and the treacherous aerosols see it around every corner to further their their own agenda of driving a wedge for the destruction our island.
Can you not see the harm you are doing.

You are supposed to support our own island.


Some Jews ancestry in this country have been here for over a thousand years and have been persecuted many times in that history.
We have laws against racism in this country, showing that it is people like you that have no interest in our British ways of life.
Its backward people like you that constantly cause harm and an embarrassment to this nation
So why are you not supporting British people here for centuries?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 15 Mar - 9:11

First of all, I did some more research because there's very little information in the link about the context of her remarks.

It seems that she said this:


She is reported to have posted: “We invented Israel when saving them from Hitler, who now seems to be their teacher,” while another said: “I will never forget and I will make sure my kids teach their children how evil Israel is!”


Another tweet read: “Apparently you can ask IS/ISIS/ISIL questions on ask.fm. Anyone thought of asking them why they’re not attacking the real oppressors #Israel?”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-candidate-vicki-kirby-suspended-for-anti-israel-tweets-9746713.html

I'm not sure that her remarks constitute anti-Semitism because they're about Israel rather than Jews generally. They were certainly unwise, particularly the bit about ISIS.

What I find interesting is how there's a pattern emerging re who criticises Israel/Zionists/Jews, and is therefore open to accusations of antisemitism. It's the lefties isn't it? Does anyone find that ironic? After all, I doubt that anyone would have described the Nazis as "left wing".
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29436
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Mar - 9:28

Raggamuffin wrote:First of all, I did some more research because there's very little information in the link about the context of her remarks.

It seems that she said this:


She is reported to have posted: “We invented Israel when saving them from Hitler, who now seems to be their teacher,” while another said: “I will never forget and I will make sure my kids teach their children how evil Israel is!”


Another tweet read: “Apparently you can ask IS/ISIS/ISIL questions on ask.fm. Anyone thought of asking them why they’re not attacking the real oppressors #Israel?”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-candidate-vicki-kirby-suspended-for-anti-israel-tweets-9746713.html

I'm not sure that her remarks constitute anti-Semitism because they're about Israel rather than Jews generally. They were certainly unwise, particularly the bit about ISIS.

What I find interesting is how there's a pattern emerging re who criticises Israel/Zionists/Jews, and is therefore open to accusations of antisemitism. It's the lefties isn't it? Does anyone find that ironic? After all, I doubt that anyone would have described the Nazis as "left wing".



“We invented Israel when saving them from Hitler, who now seems to be their teacher.”
“I will never forget and I will make sure my kids teach their children how evil Israel is!”
“Apparently you can ask IS/ISIS/ISIL questions on ask.fm. Anyone thought of asking them why they’re not attacking the real oppressors #Israel?”
http://order-order.com/2016/03/14/candidate-who-suggested-isis-should-attack-israel-readmitted-to-labour/

You think calling them big noses and all spurs supporters is not antisemitic?

Hitler as the God of Zionism?

Comparing Israel to Hitler where he had a systematic program to exterminate people and then comparing this to some civilians as collateral damage to conflicts started by Hamas and the PLO, is about as disgusting as it gets.
Teach her children how evil Israel is?

That is as racist as it gets

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 15 Mar - 9:31

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:First of all, I did some more research because there's very little information in the link about the context of her remarks.

It seems that she said this:






http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-candidate-vicki-kirby-suspended-for-anti-israel-tweets-9746713.html

I'm not sure that her remarks constitute anti-Semitism because they're about Israel rather than Jews generally. They were certainly unwise, particularly the bit about ISIS.

What I find interesting is how there's a pattern emerging re who criticises Israel/Zionists/Jews, and is therefore open to accusations of antisemitism. It's the lefties isn't it? Does anyone find that ironic? After all, I doubt that anyone would have described the Nazis as "left wing".



“We invented Israel when saving them from Hitler, who now seems to be their teacher.”
“I will never forget and I will make sure my kids teach their children how evil Israel is!”
“Apparently you can ask IS/ISIS/ISIL questions on ask.fm. Anyone thought of asking them why they’re not attacking the real oppressors #Israel?”
http://order-order.com/2016/03/14/candidate-who-suggested-isis-should-attack-israel-readmitted-to-labour/

You think calling them big noses and all spurs supporters is not antisemitic?

Hitler as the God of Zionism?

Comparing Israel to Hitler where he had a systematic program to exterminate people and then comparing this to some civillians as colaterol damage to conflicts started by Hamas and the PLO, is about as disgusting as it gets

I can't see any reference to big noses in there Didge, so I'll leave that one.

On your other point - hmmmmm, I'm not convinced that saying that Israel is behaving like Hitler is actually antisemitic - it's more a comment about a State behaving in a similar way to Hitler, and how ironic that is.

Do you have any comment on my last point? I thought it was quite interesting. Whenever I see people verbally attacking Israel - and by default seen as attacking Jews - they always seem to be lefties.
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29436
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Mar - 9:34

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:



“We invented Israel when saving them from Hitler, who now seems to be their teacher.”
“I will never forget and I will make sure my kids teach their children how evil Israel is!”
“Apparently you can ask IS/ISIS/ISIL questions on ask.fm. Anyone thought of asking them why they’re not attacking the real oppressors #Israel?”
http://order-order.com/2016/03/14/candidate-who-suggested-isis-should-attack-israel-readmitted-to-labour/

You think calling them big noses and all spurs supporters is not antisemitic?

Hitler as the God of Zionism?

Comparing Israel to Hitler where he had a systematic program to exterminate people and then comparing this to some civillians as colaterol damage to conflicts started by Hamas and the PLO, is about as disgusting as it gets

I can't see any reference to big noses in there Didge, so I'll leave that one.

On your other point - hmmmmm, I'm not convinced that saying that Israel is behaving like Hitler is actually antisemitic - it's more a comment about a State behaving in a similar way to Hitler, and how ironic that is.

Do you have any comment on my last point? I thought it was quite interesting. Whenever I see people verbally attacking Israel  and by default seen as attacking Jews - they always seem to be lefties.


First Quote on twitter

"What do you know avt Jews? They've got big noses and support Spurs lol" is the just one of a number of references to Jews

It is antismitic when she is basing this on Jews and claiming they are slaughtering the oppressed in another quote Rags

Je wiz

The very fact there is utterly no comparability to Hitler and the fact she makes this off them being Jews is about as antisemitic as it gets

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 15 Mar - 9:36

I will just say that her alleged remark about asking ISIS why they're not attacking Israel was very unwise indeed, and could be seen as incitement.

avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29436
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Mar - 9:36

As to your point of genuine criticism of Israel I have no objection, the moment you make it racially as Jews, it becomes antisemitic, as Israel is made up of many ethnic and religious groups

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 15 Mar - 9:37

Didge wrote:As to your point of genuine criticism of Israel I have no objection, the moment you make it racially as Jews, it becomes antisemitic, as Israel is made up of many ethnic and religious groups

Yes, but it's generally seen as a Jewish State isn't it? Therefore, any criticism of Israel becomes a criticism of Jews to some people.
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29436
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Mar - 9:42

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:As to your point of genuine criticism of Israel I have no objection, the moment you make it racially as Jews, it becomes antisemitic, as Israel is made up of many ethnic and religious groups

Yes, but it's generally seen as a Jewish State isn't it? Therefore, any criticism of Israel becomes a criticism of Jews to some people.

No there is genuine criticism of Israel, like for examples the settlements, of which I do not agree Israel should have done in the last couple of decades and that is not considered by many pro-Israeli's as antisemitic but genuine criticism.
Again as soon as you make it racially about Jews you cross over into antisemitism based of such poor disingenuous claims.

Again you can be racist against Israelis and well, which would be different as it incorporates many ethnic groups.

So if people make view dehumanizing the English, would you not view that as racist based on lies?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 15 Mar - 9:43

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I can't see any reference to big noses in there Didge, so I'll leave that one.

On your other point - hmmmmm, I'm not convinced that saying that Israel is behaving like Hitler is actually antisemitic - it's more a comment about a State behaving in a similar way to Hitler, and how ironic that is.

Do you have any comment on my last point? I thought it was quite interesting. Whenever I see people verbally attacking Israel  and by default seen as attacking Jews - they always seem to be lefties.


First Quote on twitter

"What do you know avt Jews? They've got big noses and support Spurs lol" is the just one of a number of references to Jews

It is antismitic when she is basing this on Jews and claiming they are slaughtering the oppressed in another quote Rags

Je wiz

The very fact there is utterly no comparability to Hitler and the fact she makes this off them being Jews is about as antisemitic as it gets

Such a comment is in bad taste of course, particularly from an aspiring politician. I can't find much info on Vicki Kirby generally, so I don't know much about her history. The comment about big noses was made in 2011, and the other comments were made much later, so I'm not sure if they can be connected.
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29436
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Mar - 9:46

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:


First Quote on twitter

"What do you know avt Jews? They've got big noses and support Spurs lol" is the just one of a number of references to Jews

It is antismitic when she is basing this on Jews and claiming they are slaughtering the oppressed in another quote Rags

Je wiz

The very fact there is utterly no comparability to Hitler and the fact she makes this off them being Jews is about as antisemitic as it gets

Such a comment is in bad taste of course, particularly from an aspiring politician. I can't find much info on Vicki Kirby generally, so I don't know much about her history. The comment about big noses was made in 2011, and the other comments were made much later, so I'm not sure if they can be connected.


Its antisemitism as agreed by many commentators on this
Its also disgusting to compare to Hitler when there is no comparison and even worse to a people who suffered so horrendously under them, even
Bad taste does not even come close to describing how disgusting she was
Of course they can be connected, she is meant to be a party to a member of good standing where there is laws against antisemitism.
If she had said this off blacks and Asians, she would have been out of the door in seconds, showing there clearly is a problem of antisemitism of the Corbyn leftist school, of which there is much evidence

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 15 Mar - 9:58

To me, the worst thing was the alleged incitement for ISIS to attack Israel Didge. That alone would be enough for me.
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29436
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Mar - 10:01

Raggamuffin wrote:To me, the worst thing was the alleged incitement for ISIS to attack Israel Didge. That alone would be enough for me.

That is because you are not a Jew.
That is because you cannot truly understand the extent and hate of the holocaust. It takes years of research
That is because you do not truly understand antisemitism and the persecution of the Jews. It takes years of research.
You see the point on ISIS as worst because its relevant to the time for you

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 15 Mar - 10:08

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:To me, the worst thing was the alleged incitement for ISIS to attack Israel Didge. That alone would be enough for me.

That is because you are not a Jew.
That is because you cannot truly understand the extent and hate of the holocaust. It takes years of research
That is because you do not truly understand antisemitism and the persecution of the Jews. It takes years of research.
You see the point on ISIS as worst because its relevant to the time for you

If I was Jewish, I'd probably object very strongly to any suggestion that ISIS should attack Israel. Wouldn't you?
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29436
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Mar - 10:13

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

That is because you are not a Jew.
That is because you cannot truly understand the extent and hate of the holocaust. It takes years of research
That is because you do not truly understand antisemitism and the persecution of the Jews. It takes years of research.
You see the point on ISIS as worst because its relevant to the time for you

If I was Jewish, I'd probably object very strongly to any suggestion that ISIS should attack Israel. Wouldn't you?


Yes I would object anyway, but to me that was not the worst part and doubt it would be a Jew also as seen by Jews who commented on what parts they did mention.
That is the telling point Rags

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue 15 Mar - 10:20

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

If I was Jewish, I'd probably object very strongly to any suggestion that ISIS should attack Israel. Wouldn't you?


Yes I would object anyway, but to me that was not the worst part and doubt it would be a Jew also as seen by Jews who commented on what parts they did mention.
That is the telling point Rags

Even to non-Jews, that comment could be construed as support for ISIS, which is against the law in this country.
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29436
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Mar - 10:23

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:


Yes I would object anyway, but to me that was not the worst part and doubt it would be a Jew also as seen by Jews who commented on what parts they did mention.
That is the telling point Rags

Even to non-Jews, that comment could be construed as support for ISIS, which is against the law in this country.

Yes it could be and very much seen as support of ISIS which is no surprise being that many Corbynites are islamist supporters

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Guest on Wed 16 Mar - 5:20

Labour Suspends Party Member Vicky Kirby AGAIN After MPs Urge Jeremy Corbyn To Take Action On Anti-Semitism. A Labour member who sent anti-Semitic tweets has been suspended for a second time following an outcry by the party’s MPs. Vicky Kirby, who is vice-chair of the Woking Labour Party and a former Parliamentary candidate, faces possible expulsion after a fresh inquiry into her conduct. It emerged this week that Ms Kirby previously been suspended for making remarks about Jews having “big noses” and Israel behaving like “Hitler”, but was allowed back into the party after quitting as a candidate.

At the weekly meeting of the Parliamentary Labour Party on Monday night, MPs urged Jeremy Corbyn to act after it emerged Ms Kirby had recently been given her new post – and that the party had said new evidence was needed of further misconduct to expel her.


Today, Shadow Home Secretary Andy Burnham MP told BBC2s Daily Politics that he was “glad” to of the suspension.
Burnham called the comments “abhorrent” and said “Labour has led from the forefront in tackling anti-Semitism”.
He added: “We have to maintain full public confidence in our procedures and I want there to be no question at all that our party has no tolerance at all of any form of anti-Semitism, Islamophobia or any other kind of racism”.
Labour is facing a growing problem with allegations of anti-Semitism and is already conducting an inquiry into claims of misconduct by students in Oxford University Labour Club.
Last week it had to kick out an activist who said the 9/11 terrorists had an “entirely understandable motivation”.
Gerry Downing, who had also spoken of the need to "address the Jewish question", won an appeal against his suspension as a Labour member, but was eventually expelled after "new evidence" came to light.
On Monday, Mr Corbyn himself leapt to the defence of shadow health minister Luciana Berger, who has come under attack from vile trolling by anti-Semites.
Ms Berger had tweeted examples of the abuse she now receives daily from anonymous tweeters online.




At the PLP meeting, Ms Ellman said that the Labour Party’s stock in the Jewish community was now at "rock bottom".
The former Transport Select Committee chairman said that ‘condemnation’ was not enough and that party rules to had to be changed to expel people who had made such remarks.
Angela Smith asked Mr Corbyn "How on earth can you possibly let this person back into the Labour party?"
Mr Corbyn told MPs he had spent his life fighting racism, whether it was Islamophobia or anti-Semitism.
When further challenged by Yvette Cooper, Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell said perhaps it was time to look again at the issue, with "stronger rules and vetting" on racism.
Several MPs made the point that if Ms Kirby was a member of any other party like the Tories or UKIP, Labour would be demanding that they be expelled and never allowed to rejoin.
Before the news broke today of fresh action, Labour MP Wes Streeting revealed that Labour party members had told him they were cutting up their membership cards over the failure to act more strongly on Ms Kirby’s case.
And former Labour MP Tom Harris wrote in the Telegraph today:  Labour does indeed have a problem with Jews. It can acknowledge that problem’s existence, confront it and deal with it.

“Or it can shrug, mutter something about UN Security Council resolutions and continue to court the support of those on the far Left who are the source of the problem. Jewish members of the party have scant reason for optimism about which course will be pursued.”




http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-vicky-kirby-anti-semitism_uk_56e80319e4b03fb88ede23bf?utm_hp_ref=uk

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour Member In Anti-Semitic Rant Let Off With A Warning

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum