Viola Beach

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Viola Beach

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Did you see the reports of the terrible accident involving the British band, Viola Beach, and their Manager? They were in Sweden on their way back from a gig last month, and they went into a canal after a portion of bridge was raised to allow a boat through. They were all killed.

The investigator said he thought it was deliberate, but has now clarified what he meant, and said he didn't mean that the driver deliberately drove into the canal. It's possible that the driver didn't understand the signs.

So sad - they were so young with their lives ahead of them.  

Witnesses reported seeing the car going though red lights and barriers before the Warrington band's car plunged 80ft (24m) into a canal off a bridge, the middle section of which was raised.

Mr Berglund told Mirror reporter Rhian Lubin: "I have not suggested that [the driver] was doing this in order to kill himself or the band. I said he was making a move from the right lane to the left lane and that was not accidental.

"We can see the brake lights. His intention was to stop the car. But maybe his speed was too high and it was too late."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-35744255
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Viola Beach

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:05 pm

I read about it at the time Rags...what a tragedy.
One of their songs shot to No on the iTune chart...so they must have had lots of fans.
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:10 pm

Syl wrote:I read about it at the time Rags...what a tragedy.
One of their songs shot to No  on the iTune chart...so they must have had lots of fans.

Just awful - sometimes I see a story in the news which is so sad, and this is one of them. They were only formed last year, and they were on their way up.

Apparently, the driver drove round some other cars which were waiting on the bridge and went through some barriers. I wonder if he thought they were just parked there for some reason.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:I read about it at the time Rags...what a tragedy.
One of their songs shot to No  on the iTune chart...so they must have had lots of fans.

Just awful - sometimes I see a story in the news which is so sad, and this is one of them. They were only formed last year, and they were on their way up.

Apparently, the driver drove round some other cars which were waiting on the bridge and went through some barriers. I wonder if he thought they were just parked there for some reason.

It seemed odd, and the CCTV cameras were not working at the time which made it difficult to understand how they could have passed the warning lights and shot off the bridge.

Possibly at night, on roads they were not accustomed to the driver became confused.
Whatever happened it was so sad, two of the lads were still teenagers and the rest, including the manager were all very young.
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:17 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It seemed odd, and the CCTV cameras were not working at the time which made it difficult to understand how they could have passed the warning lights and shot off the bridge.

Possibly at night, on roads they were not accustomed to the driver became confused.
Whatever happened it was so sad, two of the lads were still teenagers and the rest, including the manager were all very young.

I think he must have got confused Syl. He was behind the other cars in the queue, then pulled out and went past them, through two barriers. Apparently, he braked just before the car went over, but it must have been too late. I can't believe that he had some kind of death wish or something.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:25 pm

The driver tested clear for drink and drugs, so it wasn't that.
Sweden drive on the opposite side of the road to us...that can cause confusion especially at night.
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Syl wrote:The driver tested clear for drink and drugs, so it wasn't that.
Sweden drive on the opposite side of the road to us...that can cause confusion especially at night.

I'm a bit confused about that because I've reports that the driver pulled out to the left onto the hard shoulder.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:The driver tested clear for drink and drugs, so it wasn't that.

I'm a bit confused about that because I've reports that the driver pulled out to the left onto the hard shoulder.

I don't understand that Rags...if you drive on the right the hard shoulder would be on the right??
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:39 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't understand that Rags...if you drive on the right the hard shoulder would be on the right??

That's what I thought Syl.

Here's a reconstruction though, and the car definitely pulled out to the left.

Do you think he thought it was another lane and thought he was just overtaking the other vehicles? They were stationary though. He can't have been going that fast if he had slowed down behind the other cars, so I don't understand how he got through two barriers by mistake.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2016/mar/10/reconstruction-of-cctv-footage-of-viola-beach-car-crash-video
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:10 pm

I thought the CCTV cameras were not working?

I don't understand (if that reconstruction is actually what happened) how the driver could have made a mistake caused by confusion. I can understand if he maybe thought he was just overtaking stationary cars....but to crash into the barrier and then carry on seems very odd.
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:15 pm

Syl wrote:I thought the CCTV cameras were not working?

I don't understand (if that reconstruction is actually what happened) how the driver could have made a mistake caused by confusion. I can understand if he  maybe thought he was just overtaking stationary cars....but to crash into the barrier and then carry on seems very odd.

Exactly. It's just a reconstruction so he could have been going faster, but if he stopped behind the other cars before pulling out, he couldn't have accelerated that much.

I hadn't read that the CCTV wasn't working. I read that the police had examined it.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:I thought the CCTV cameras were not working?

I don't understand (if that reconstruction is actually what happened) how the driver could have made a mistake caused by confusion. I can understand if he  maybe thought he was just overtaking stationary cars....but to crash into the barrier and then carry on seems very odd.

Exactly. It's just a reconstruction so he could have been going faster, but if he stopped behind the other cars before pulling out, he couldn't have accelerated that much.

I hadn't read that the CCTV wasn't working. I read that the police had examined it.

My mistake. The CCTC camera was working but the video showing exactly what happened was wiped before police could examine it.
I thought that was odd.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/viola-beach-police-failed-collect-7384449
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:29 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

My mistake. The CCTC camera was working but the video showing exactly what happened was wiped before police could examine it.
I thought that was odd.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/viola-beach-police-failed-collect-7384449

How absurd. You'd think someone would have thought to save it really, even without a request from the police.

I'm guessing that the reconstruction was made partly from witness statements then.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:52 pm

Very strange... I read initially that the car swerved round a couple of others and smashed through barriers, speeding up ramp and no brake lights came on...

The cctv would be stored on a computer system too... difficult to delete by accident...

They haven't released details of who was driving yet either have they...?
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Very strange... I read initially that the car swerved round a couple of others and smashed through barriers, speeding up ramp and no brake lights came on...

The cctv would be stored on a computer system too... difficult to delete by accident...

They haven't released details of who was driving yet either have they...?

No, they haven't said who was driving Tommy.

I read that the brake lights came on at one point - possibly just before the crash. It does sound like the driver deliberately went round the other cars for some reason. I don't suppose they expected the bridge to be raised up like that though.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:35 pm

I read that the car actually hit the raised bit of the bridge before it went over. That suggests that the bit which rises was just going up when it happened.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Early eye witness reports said no brake lights.

It would be difficult to drive around the cars queueing at the barriers and then drive through the barriers and without seeing the warning lights etc by accident...
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:43 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Early eye witness reports said no brake lights.

It would be difficult to drive around the cars queueing at the barriers and then drive through the barriers and without seeing the warning lights etc by accident...

That's what I'm thinking Tommy. Maybe they were in high spirits and decided to go through the barrier, not realising that there was a raised bit?
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Did you see the reports of the terrible accident involving the British band, Viola Beach, and their Manager? They were in Sweden on their way back from a gig last month, and they went into a canal after a portion of bridge was raised to allow a boat through. They were all killed.

The investigator said he thought it was deliberate, but has now clarified what he meant, and said he didn't mean that the driver deliberately drove into the canal. It's possible that the driver didn't understand the signs.

Witnesses reported seeing the car going though red lights and barriers before the Warrington band's car plunged 80ft (24m) into a canal off a bridge, the middle section of which was raised.

Mr Berglund told Mirror reporter Rhian Lubin: "I have not suggested that [the driver] was doing this in order to kill himself or the band. I said he was making a move from the right lane to the left lane and that was not accidental.

"We can see the brake lights. His intention was to stop the car. But maybe his speed was too high and it was too late."

They drove through two barriers.    How much of a no go sign does one need?   I read they might have misunderstood the type of bridge, mistaking it for a swing bridge.  But either way,  the driver must have known he was being reckless.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:12 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Did you see the reports of the terrible accident involving the British band, Viola Beach, and their Manager? They were in Sweden on their way back from a gig last month, and they went into a canal after a portion of bridge was raised to allow a boat through. They were all killed.

They drove through two barriers.    How much of a no go sign does one need?   I read they might have misunderstood the type of bridge, mistaking it for a swing bridge.  But either way,  the driver must have known he was being reckless.

I've found the bridge on google maps, and I can see the two barriers. There are two lanes where the first barrier is, and also a sort of third one which is like a hard shoulder. If there was room on the left for him to keep going, he still had to go through the first barrier which was presumably down, so you would expect him to stop after that.  There's still quite a distance to the second barrier as far as I can see, so there was time to stop. If the brakes were faulty it might explain it, but they don't think they were.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:56 pm

It's thought that the tanker which passed through the bridge just after the car went over might have crushed the car. Apparently, the crew saw the car go over and reported it, but it was thought it was a slab of snow or something, so they were allowed to carry on.

I don't know how deep this canal is, or if it's possible that the tanker damaged the car, but the car looks pretty mangled.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:15 am

Did they check the bodies for drink or drugs?
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:22 am

nicko wrote:Did they check the bodies for drink or drugs?

They checked the driver nicko, and there was nothing.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:38 am

Were they all wearing seatbelts or could they not tell'

If not wearing, bodies could be tossed around and it would not be possible to tell who was driving.

all bodies should be tested for drink and drugs.
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:52 am

nicko wrote:Were they all wearing seatbelts or could they not tell'

If not wearing, bodies could be tossed around and it would not be possible to tell who was driving.

all bodies should be tested for drink and drugs.  

They were wearing seat belts apparently, or so I read. They haven't named the driver, but the rumour is that it was the Manager, Craig Tarry. That would make sense to me. I don't know if they tested all five of them, but they must be fairly sure who was driving.

There are varying reports about whether or not the car had stopped behind the other cars and then pulled out round them, or simply drove past them at a high speed. There are reports that the car had no brake fluid and that the brake line had been severed, but it's thought that happened in the accident. There are also varying reports about whether the brake lights came on - some say they did, and some say they didn't.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:06 am

Stormee wrote:This story is a mystery to me.

Me too Stormee. If the driver had not seen the queue of cars and had to swerve suddenly to the left, you'd think he would have skidded or something. A witness said that he was waiting in the queue, and the car came up fast to his left and smashed the side of another vehicle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de8G5o9VRrA
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:59 am

It's my bet they had an argument of some kind going on, and the driver got pissed off and did something stupid.   Who knows if the band were disagreeing with him or some dispute was raging.  He was the manager, and I bet he was the driver.  Perhaps he did it for spite, or just to piss the others off.  Backfired on him.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:03 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:It's my bet they had an argument of some kind going on, and the driver got pissed off and did something stupid.   Who knows if the band were disagreeing with him or some dispute was raging.  He was the manager, and I bet he was the driver.  Perhaps he did it for spite, or just to piss the others off.  Backfired on him.

I'm thinking that it's unlikely someone would drive right through a barrier and not realise they'd done it. As I said, it's a fair distance to the next barrier, so if he'd simply not seen the first barrier he would have stopped or slowed down after he hit it.

Either the car went out of control and he couldn't stop, or he went through the barriers on purpose not realising that the bridge was raised until it was too late. He might have been completely unaware that such bridges even exist where the road goes up in the air like that.

You do hear stories of people driving around barriers at railway crossings, so maybe it was something like that?
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:It's my bet they had an argument of some kind going on, and the driver got pissed off and did something stupid.   Who knows if the band were disagreeing with him or some dispute was raging.  He was the manager, and I bet he was the driver.  Perhaps he did it for spite, or just to piss the others off.  Backfired on him.

I'm thinking that it's unlikely someone would drive right through a barrier and not realise they'd done it. As I said, it's a fair distance to the next barrier, so if he'd simply not seen the first barrier he would have stopped or slowed down after he hit it.

Either the car went out of control and he couldn't stop, or he went through the barriers on purpose not realising that the bridge was raised until it was too late. He might have been completely unaware that such bridges even exist where the road goes up in the air like that.

You do hear stories of people driving around barriers at railway crossings, so maybe it was something like that?

It's really weird, because I can think of no reason why someone would drive through two barriers and then attempt such a reckless manoeuvre.  Unless, they were drugged up, drunk or pissed off.   And seeing as the first two have been proven not to be, that leaves anger.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Wow where have I been? I never knew this had happened!!
I've heard of this band for some reason?

How sad
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:11 pm

One can only imagine the abject terror of those poor boys.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:14 pm

eddie wrote:Wow where have I been? I never knew this had happened!!
I've heard of this band for some reason?

How sad

I didn't read about it at the time either eddie, I just saw an update in the news yesterday, so I had a look. I hadn't heard of the band myself before now, but I used to know people in local bands, and I remember how excited they got if they were getting a break of some kind, so yes, I find it very sad indeed. These lads had just done their first international gig.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:22 pm

It's also possible that the road was icy and he lost control. In a way, it's a pity he didn't just go into the central road barrier - that way they would have stood a chance.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:25 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's really weird, because I can think of no reason why someone would drive through two barriers and then attempt such a reckless manoeuvre.  Unless, they were drugged up, drunk or pissed off.   And seeing as the first two have been proven not to be, that leaves anger.

Or high spirits maybe? They'd just done a gig, and they had another one planned in the UK. They were getting some breaks, and were maybe on a natural high - not due to drugs or drink I mean.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Here they are.

Bless them. It's a really nice track.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:45 pm

The lead investigator had come under a fire a bit for saying that he thought it was deliberate, but he has said that he didn't mean that the driver deliberately went through the barriers and into the canal.

“What we were saying is that he was deliberately swerved out of the way to avoid a collision with the cars,” he told the Telegraph.

"He could have been distracted, perhaps talking on the telephone, and then when he looked up he saw that the trucks in the lane were standing still," he said.

"He still had time to change lane into the left lane, then he saw that there were also cars in the left lane. But he was still going a little too fast, so he swerved onto the hard shoulder to avoid a collision, and then he didn’t have time to stop before the barrier."
He thinks that the driver might have been injured during the crash with the first barrier.

Berglund added that the driver was probably knocked unconscious in the collision with the first barrier, and may have also been injured by glass from the shattered windscreen.

"After he passed the first barrier, there is 100 metres (328ft) until the second one, and if he was conscious he definitely could have braked," he said, adding that it was possible his foot had fallen onto the accelerator.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/sweden/12189701/Indie-band-Viola-Beach-driver-plunged-off-bridge-intentionally-say-Swedish-police.html

In that case, the reconstruction might be a tad misleading because it suggested that the car had actually stopped or at least slowed right down before pulling out to the left.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:47 pm

That is really sad. I used to be in a band so can imagine what they were feeling and how excited they were.

Hope their poor families find some peace in knowing they went out on a "high" in life X
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Or high spirits maybe? They'd just done a gig, and they had another one planned in the UK. They were getting some breaks, and were maybe on a natural high - not due to drugs or drink I mean.

I don't know.   It's the breaking through the barriers that does it for me.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The lead investigator had come under a fire a bit for saying that he thought it was deliberate, but he has said that he didn't mean that the driver deliberately went through the barriers and into the canal.

“What we were saying is that he was deliberately swerved out of the way to avoid a collision with the cars,” he told the Telegraph.

"He could have been distracted, perhaps talking on the telephone, and then when he looked up he saw that the trucks in the lane were standing still," he said.

"He still had time to change lane into the left lane, then he saw that there were also cars in the left lane. But he was still going a little too fast, so he swerved onto the hard shoulder to avoid a collision, and then he didn’t have time to stop before the barrier."
He thinks that the driver might have been injured during the crash with the first barrier.

Berglund added that the driver was probably knocked unconscious in the collision with the first barrier, and may have also been injured by glass from the shattered windscreen.

"After he passed the first barrier, there is 100 metres (328ft) until the second one, and if he was conscious he definitely could have braked," he said, adding that it was possible his foot had fallen onto the accelerator.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/sweden/12189701/Indie-band-Viola-Beach-driver-plunged-off-bridge-intentionally-say-Swedish-police.html

In that case, the reconstruction might be a tad misleading because it suggested that the car had actually stopped or at least slowed right down before pulling out to the left.

That explanation is about the only one that seems vaguely logical to me. If accidentally crashing through the first barrier the driver was injured, his foot could have stayed on the accelerator and he could have sped forwards ...and gone over the raised bridge.

I still think it very odd that 20 minutes of the CCTV, which would have shown exactly what happened, was wiped before it could be examined.
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:30 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The lead investigator had come under a fire a bit for saying that he thought it was deliberate, but he has said that he didn't mean that the driver deliberately went through the barriers and into the canal.

That explanation is about the only one that seems vaguely   logical to me. If accidentally crashing through the first barrier the driver was injured, his foot could have stayed on the accelerator and he could have sped forwards ...and gone over the raised bridge.

I still think it very odd that 20 minutes of the CCTV, which would have shown exactly what happened, was wiped before it could be examined.

I'm not sure how CCTV footage is stored, but in some systems the "tape" is automatically reused unless it's saved. Maybe someone else knows.
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:46 pm

Had the police requested it the footage would have been saved.
They didn't request it so it was wiped after 24 hours.
There was also suggestions that the warning lights on the bridge was faulty.

Conspiracy theorists could suggest a cover up.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2016-02-17/cctv-stills-of-bridge-where-viola-beach-were-killed-in-a-tragic-car-accident-could-show-final-bands-final-moments/
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:36 am

Cctv footage in a regular shop or other low level business is normally run by and stored by a computer system.

Usually set for a min of 14 -28 days for rolling record/access etc... with longer historical footage available if computer system is subject to further archiving or backups regularly made.

This footage will be available for access and review automatically on demand unless deliberately deleted... even then it will most likely be recoverable by computer engineer/police expert if attempted after deleted.

BUT a bridge crossing like this would be subject to much higher level of cctv recording and data storage... so highly unlikely to be easily deleted and beyond recovery!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:46 am

I've been reading about the inquest, but there's not much new information. No alcohol or illegal drugs were involved, and it will remain a mystery.

Coroner Nicholas Rheinberg recorded a verdict of death by road traffic accident. He said it was an “awful tragedy” and the exact circumstances of the crash may remain a mystery. “It’s not for me to speculate what happened; it may never be known what happened,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/dec/07/viola-beach-manager-drove-through-barriers-into-bridge-inquest-told

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:34 am

What do you think happened Raggs?

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:38 am

Tommy Monk wrote:What do you think happened Raggs?

I wonder if they tried to beat the bridge, so to speak. They might not have been familiar with that type of bridge and thought they could get across it or something, or they might not have been even been aware it was a bridge. They would have been in high spirits after the gig. Unless there was a catastrophic failure of the brakes, I can't see how they could have gone through two barriers and several lights by mistake.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:40 am

There would only have been one driving... do you know which one it was,..?

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:44 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

There would only have been one driving... do you know which one it was,..?

It was the Manager, Craig Tarry. He hadn't been drinking, and had refused alcohol at the gig, so he sounds fairly sensible.

It's a real mystery and a horrible tragedy.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:57 am

Thanks for that... I didn't know the details of which one was driving had been released yet... as it had been kept quiet before...

I did read that they were approaching the bridge and a short line of traffic who had stopped for the bridge action... but instead of stopping in line, they sped up swerving out of line and headed past the line of traffic, straight through flashing barriers and towards raised bridge... and their fate...

Is definitely very strange...

Still no cctv released...?

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top