Anybody having trouble posting links?

Go down

Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:51 am

Got a PM about it and I'm having a hard time figuring it out ...

_________________
“As man advances in civilization, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races.”

Charles Darwin
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24869
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:58 am

I haven't noticed a problem.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31686
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:03 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I haven't noticed a problem.

Thanks, I'm about to start a new account to check. "Reilly_Ben"

_________________
“As man advances in civilization, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races.”

Charles Darwin
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24869
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Reilly_Ben on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:15 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I haven't noticed a problem.

Thanks, I'm about to start a new account to check. "Reilly_Ben"

Screw you and the horse you rode in on, pilgrim. Your dumb ass can't even figure out how to change the setting.

Just kidding, you're all right in my book. pirat pirat pirat

Reilly_Ben

Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:17 am

Reilly_Ben wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I haven't noticed a problem.

Thanks, I'm about to start a new account to check. "Reilly_Ben"

Screw you and the horse you rode in on, pilgrim. Your dumb ass can't even figure out how to change the setting.

Just kidding, you're all right in my book. pirat pirat pirat

Who's dumb now, asshole? I fixed it!

_________________
“As man advances in civilization, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races.”

Charles Darwin
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24869
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:24 am

The first sign of madness ... lol!

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31686
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:31 am

Raggamuffin wrote:The first sign of madness ... lol!

Correction -- the first visible sign of madness Smile

_________________
“As man advances in civilization, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races.”

Charles Darwin
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24869
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:26 am

That imposter is still hanging around - kick him off!




_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31686
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:That imposter is still hanging around - kick him off!





Might be smelly for all you know, others from Flap have come over of late

Make things interesting if it is, as much as I disagree with his views.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:29 am

Oh boy ...


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31686
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:30 am

Read the thread Didge ...

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31686
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:33 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh boy ...



lol my mistake

See, its not hard when wrong to admit this

Was funny though I have to admit

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:35 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Oh boy ...



lol my mistake

See, its not hard when wrong to admit this

Was funny though I have to admit

Thank goodness! Laughing

Reilly_Ben is still logged in. Laughing


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31686
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by eddie on Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:15 am

I nearly banned that account as I thought it was a troll Shocked

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The first sign of madness ... lol!

Correction -- the first visible sign of madness Smile

What's the second?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:07 am

eddie wrote:I nearly banned that account as I thought it was a troll Shocked


_________________
“As man advances in civilization, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races.”

Charles Darwin
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24869
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by eddie on Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:08 am

Well that's just rude. You shouldn't fart on someone.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:25 am

eddie wrote:I nearly banned that account as I thought it was a troll Shocked

He is a troll

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by eddie on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:41 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:I nearly banned that account as I thought it was a troll Shocked

He is a troll

Would you care to explain that comment?

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Jules on Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:28 pm

I found out that links on my forumotion site only work when there is just ONE space between your post and the link. (ie only tap the space bar ONCE.)

They also do not work if there is a smiley immediately preceeding them.

If in doubt just post the link on a brand new line on its own.


----------------------------------------------------
Also, ensure you haven't ticked the permissions boxes wrongly. You can disable newbies posting links in their first week and you can permanently disable guests posting them too, by ticking the appropriate boxes - and you could easily tick the wrong box in the process, I suppose.

_________________
Life: too short and too precious to waste it among trolls. 
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2705
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:49 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

He is a troll

Would you care to explain that comment?

The second account

It's a fake account and therefore must be considered a troll account

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by eddie on Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:57 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

He is a troll

Would you care to explain that comment?

The second account

It's a fake account and therefore must be considered a troll account

Hmmmm. You should report that information to the site owner.


@julea: this is an old thread that got dragged up cos we were playing silly buggers.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:11 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

The second account

It's a fake account and therefore must be considered a troll account

Hmmmm. You should report that information to the site owner.


@julea: this is an old thread that got dragged up cos we were playing silly buggers.

Oh I'm sure Ben is well suited to dealing with fake accounts.


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Andy on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:21 pm

If it is Stench, then he is likely to be trying to link to proscribed or illegal and prohibited places that he infests on the Dark Web.
Such as Hitler.com. Nazi.com. Springbokterrorist.com

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 4883
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 61
Location : Has declared war against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:42 pm

Angry Andy wrote:If it is Stench, then he is likely to be trying to link to proscribed or illegal and prohibited places that he infests on the Dark Web.
Such as Hitler.com. Nazi.com. Springbokterrorist.com

Have you just posted prohibited and illegal sites on here??

I'm sure that's a banning offence, oh wait I forgot you got special privileges

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:45 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:If it is Stench, then he is likely to be trying to link to proscribed or illegal and prohibited places that he infests on the Dark Web.
Such as Hitler.com. Nazi.com. Springbokterrorist.com

Have you just posted prohibited and illegal sites on here??

I'm sure that's a banning offence, oh wait I forgot you got special privileges

To the contrary, Russ. Being warned about such sites is a service. It is appreciated.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25977
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Andy on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:12 pm

Clearly they are sites Stench is very  familiar  with.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 4883
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 61
Location : Has declared war against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Have you just posted prohibited and illegal sites on here??

I'm sure that's a banning offence, oh wait I forgot you got special privileges

To the contrary, Russ.  Being warned about such sites is a service.  It is appreciated.

How's the impeachment going??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:16 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Clearly they are sites Stench is very  familiar  with.

Less familiar than you apparently.

The springbok terrorist??

Sounds like shot

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:03 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

To the contrary, Russ.  Being warned about such sites is a service.  It is appreciated.

How's the impeachment going??

Couldn't be better.  Three indictments, one conviction; ripe fruit for giving cooperative testimony on higher ups.  They say it's the earliest ever for an independent counsel to have taken action.

It gets better from here. cheers

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25977
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Andy on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:12 pm

I wonder whether Papoudopoulis managed to get some incriminating eveidence whilst wearing his FBI wire. That would be the killer for Trump Bannon and his sick cohorts.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 4883
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 61
Location : Has declared war against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:27 pm

Angry Andy wrote:I wonder whether Papoudopoulis managed to get some incriminating eveidence whilst wearing his FBI wire. That would be the killer for Trump Bannon and his sick cohorts.

His proactive cooperating days are over; once everyone knows he's been busted, he's an untouchable. But he can still give testimony.

I can't believe how slick Mueller has been. No leaks. No trouble. Just quiet efficiency.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25977
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Andy on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:48 pm

Trump will quietly be shitting himself. And how much fun will we have teasing and taunting Stench.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 4883
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 61
Location : Has declared war against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:54 pm

I would feel better if I heard some chain rattling from Eric Schneiderman, New York's Attorney General. Trump may well be waiting for the right moment to pardon everybody.

The New York AG has a parallel set of laws with which to charge Trump and his minions. Trump can't pardon under state law.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25977
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

How's the impeachment going??

Couldn't be better.  Three indictments, one conviction; ripe fruit for giving cooperative testimony on higher ups.  They say it's the earliest ever for an independent counsel to have taken action.

It gets better from here.  cheers

i hope so.

with the way you were wetting your pants, i was expecting an armed assault on the white house with trump getting done OBL style.

so far im not seeing much to be worried about, maybe when he cracks open his other indictment we might see something

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble posting links?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum