Google...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Google...

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Is anyone else having their Youtubes blocked by google?

I keep getting a pop up from them saying sign the agreement to allow google to process all my info including videos I watch, places I search for, IP addies and other info, if I don't sign I will not be able to use google services.

Is this standard practice does anyone know?
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by The Devil, You Know on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Syl wrote:Is anyone else having their Youtubes blocked by google?

I keep getting a pop up from them saying sign the agreement to allow google to process all my info including videos I watch, places I search for, IP addies and other info, if I don't sign I will not be able to use google services.

Is this standard practice does anyone know?
no

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3001
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:41 pm

Syl wrote:Is anyone else having their Youtubes blocked by google?

I keep getting a pop up from them saying sign the agreement to allow google to process all my info including videos I watch, places I search for, IP addies and other info, if I don't sign I will not be able to use google services.

Is this standard practice does anyone know?
http://www.geek.com/apps/google-starts-punishing-adblock-users-with-unskippable-youtube-video-ads-1633305/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:49 pm

I cant even select a YouTube to play...with or without an advert unless I sign their agreement.

https://www.youtube.com/

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:20 pm

I've never had that and use YouTube regular as clockwork.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32407
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:25 pm

eddie wrote:I've never had that and use YouTube regular as clockwork.

I use YouTube a lot too Eddie. Never had this till last week. I signed googles agreement...(against my better judgment) and had loads of problems straight away. In the end I had to do a 'system restore' to a date before I signed, after that everything worked.

I am getting the google message again though when I want to play a YouTube.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:42 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I've never had that and use YouTube regular as clockwork.

I use YouTube a lot too Eddie. Never had this till last week. I signed googles agreement...(against my better judgment) and had loads of problems straight away. In the end I had to do a 'system restore' to a date before I signed, after that everything worked.

I am getting the google message again though when I want to play a YouTube.

I'd contract Google if I were you, Syl

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32407
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by sassy on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:57 pm

I use an ad blocker and never had it happen Syl, but KD knows what he is talking about, so perhaps they have started bringing it in.  I'll be worried next time I go on You Tube lol

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17523
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:21 pm

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

that will fix it... just stop using google chrome Wink

firefox is better anyway

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16400
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by sassy on Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:24 pm

veya_victaous wrote:https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

that will fix it... just stop using google chrome Wink

firefox is better anyway


That's what I use with an ad blockers, never had a problem.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17523
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:18 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Syl wrote:Is anyone else having their Youtubes blocked by google?

I keep getting a pop up from them saying sign the agreement to allow google to process all my info including videos I watch, places I search for, IP addies and other info, if I don't sign I will not be able to use google services.

Is this standard practice does anyone know?
http://www.geek.com/apps/google-starts-punishing-adblock-users-with-unskippable-youtube-video-ads-1633305/

Thanks KD, I don't think in this case that was the problem because I couldn't even get ads to play prior to the YouTube....A google message dropped down preventing the YouTube to even start.
I accepted their terms....not sure if I should have but immediately the Youtubes were freed up.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:22 pm

veya_victaous wrote:https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

that will fix it... just stop using google chrome Wink

firefox is better anyway

Oddly enough when I was using google chrome (which I don't really like) I could see youtubes no problem.
It's this flipping 'Microsoft edge' that came with Windows 10.....I have had loads of problems with it.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:23 pm

sassy wrote:I use an ad blocker and never had it happen Syl, but KD knows what he is talking about, so perhaps they have started bringing it in.  I'll be worried next time I go on You Tube lol

Thanks Sassy....thanks everyone for help. x
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by sassy on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:27 pm

Hope you manage to sort it.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17523
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:31 pm

I've had that kind of message - not necessarily on You Tube though.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29436
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:35 pm

Fingers crossed I have Sassy.

Rags, did you accept their terms? I did.

I presume google knows all the info anyway if you use their sites.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Google...

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:46 pm

Stormee wrote:I do not know much tech stuff, BUT are you actually signed into Googul and youtube?

I use google as my main search engine Stormee....and I have always used Youtubes.
I think I did create a YouTube account years ago ....I have never been asked to sign in or anything though...just watched everything without hassle, till last week that is.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:47 pm

Syl wrote:Fingers crossed I have Sassy.

Rags, did you accept their terms? I did.

I presume google knows all the info anyway if you use their sites.

Yes - I had to before I could go any further. I think it was just on the normal search page, but I can't remember now. It happened a few times actually.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29436
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:Fingers crossed I have Sassy.

Rags, did you accept their terms? I did.

I presume google knows all the info anyway if you use their sites.

Yes - I had to before I could go any further. I think it was just on the normal search page, but I can't remember now. It happened a few times actually.

I get a bit nervous about these messages.
It's like giving someone permission to watch everything you are doing online....not that I'm doing anything wrong but still.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Syl wrote:
sassy wrote:I use an ad blocker and never had it happen Syl, but KD knows what he is talking about, so perhaps they have started bringing it in.  I'll be worried next time I go on You Tube lol

Thanks Sassy....thanks everyone for help. x
your welcome

Windows 10!!  that could explain it
crock of snoopy,tracking shit`e i hate it (son loves it ) each to there own :-)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:14 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Syl wrote:

Thanks Sassy....thanks everyone for help. x
your welcome

Windows 10!!  that could explain it
crock of snoopy,tracking shit`e i hate it (son loves it ) each to there own :-)

I have stuck with Windows 10...and Microsoft edge, because that's what was on this new laptop when we got it.
It's more complicated (to my small techie brain) than windows 7 though.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:21 pm

I don't have Windows 10.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29436
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by eddie on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:31 pm

YouTube has updated alot recently, could that be it?
Just putting my IT tuppence in hahahahaha

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32407
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:32 pm

This latest message which was blocking my youtubes came from Google though, do you use google Rags?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:35 pm

eddie wrote:YouTube has updated alot recently, could that be it?
Just putting my IT tuppence in hahahahaha

I hate change. Evil or Very Mad
Just checked....youtube is still available for me,cheers I am bereft without it.. Mad
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by eddie on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:37 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:YouTube has updated alot recently, could that be it?
Just putting my IT tuppence in hahahahaha

I hate change. Evil or Very Mad
Just checked....youtube is still available for me,cheers  I am bereft without it.. Mad

Yes you've changed its homepage and whole set up a few months back and it took me ages to acclimatise to it lol!

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32407
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Google...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum