Have You Ever Seen A Bus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Bus

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:42 pm

Yep! I had a weird story assignment in my early career where I had to report on the guy who supervised the fleet of buses for a local school district. He had the drivers parking at the depot with military precision, it actually turned out to be pretty interesting.

They did stuff like this:

“If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation, then here come the rape police."

- Rush Limbaugh, America's most influential right-wing commentator.
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:25 am

plenty...and reversed a few in my time too

They normally dont reverse on te road...cos they dont have to...its not like they are going to do a 3 pointer in the high street is it...

besides which I'm not certain as it is legal

at one time you had a conductor to act as "banksman"

and Im sure you STILL have to have one today.....

but with no conductor you are stuffed unless under orders FROM A TRAFFIC COMISSIONER (who is authorised to act as a banksman) or another PCV licence holder(who by nature of holding a PCV is also so authorised) FROM THE SAME COMPANY....not a police officer...

unless the cops suspect drink driving or a limited number of moving offences they CANNOT stop a bus driver from doing his duty

as they found out during the miners strike when drivers refused cops entry to busses carrying miners to work and even pickets...

once on the bus as paying passengers the police had NO powers to stop the bus , board it and remove passengers...they HAD to have a traffic commisioner present....

nor can a police officer make you MOVE a bus...well he can try...but............

In general in serious matters oputside the limited remit of the police....bus drivers answer ONLY to their bosses and traffic comissioners (who are generaly given the status normally reserved for minor deities)

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:55 am

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Yep, they have to do short reverses all the time, especially when pulling away from the bus in front in the transit mall.

Reversing is the most dangerous maneuver in driving.  Bus drivers are trained to negotiate so that they do not have to reverse--or to minimize reversing.  The wheels that steer the bus are actually behind the driver, so he must anticipate the overhang whenever he turns left or right.  But still, it's also the most dangerous for any vehicle.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum