Eye Testing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Eye Testing

Post by nicko on Thu 11 Feb - 14:57

Had my eyes tested 3 months ago, was prescribed new glasses for reading, cost me 38 quid. went into a pound shop and noticed a load of glasses of different strengths. tried a couple and found one better than the ones prescribed. Are we being ripped off?
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu 11 Feb - 15:10

Always Nicko No

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu 11 Feb - 20:23

nicko wrote:Had my eyes tested 3 months ago, was prescribed new glasses for reading, cost me 38 quid.   went into a pound shop and noticed a load of glasses of different strengths.  tried a couple and found one better than the ones prescribed.   Are we being ripped off?

I don't think we always are.
Many peoples eyes need stronger lenses in one eye to counteract the other one ....I cant see through the cheap off the shelf glasses properly so I'm happy to pay for prescription ones designed for me.

I lost my reading glasses in M&S a few weeks ago....no one handed them in. Evil or Very Mad bastards.
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu 11 Feb - 21:45

Stormee wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't think we always are.
Many peoples eyes need stronger lenses in one eye to counteract the
other one ....I cant see through the cheap off the shelf glasses properly so I'm happy to pay for prescription ones designed for me.

I lost my reading glasses in M&S a few weeks ago....no one handed them in. Evil or Very Mad  bastards.

If they were good named designer frames some would keep them and use the frames instead of buying them.

My best specs fell overbooad when trout fishing 20 years, lost forever? bought new ones and someone hooked my lost ones and I got them back as I had reported it to the lodge as a long shot, 1 year later mind.

Wow....that was a million to one chance Stormee.

When we were away last year we went out on a peddleboat. OH had his good prescription sunglasses on. He decided to jump off the boat for a swim so he gave me his glasses to mind. I put them down the top of my cossie.
A bit later I decided to jump out and have a swim....forgot about the glasses, jumped off....lost his specs.

He still cant get over it. Rolling Eyes
Syl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top