Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:08 am

Intelligence genes discovered by scientists:

Genes which make people intelligent have been discovered and scientists believe they could be manipulated to boost brain power. Researchers have believed for some time that intellect is inherited with studies suggesting that up to 75 per cent of IQ is genetic, and the rest down to environmental factors such as schooling and friendship groups. But until now, nobody has been able to pin-point exactly which genes are responsible for better memory, attention, processing speed or reasoning skills. Now Imperial College London has found that two networks of genes determine whether people are intelligent or not-so-bright. They liken the gene network to a football team. When all the players are in the right positions, the brain appears to function optimally, leading to clarity of thought and what we think of as quickness or cleverness.
However when the genes are mutated or in the wrong order, it can lead to dullness of thinking, or even serious cognitive impairments.

Scientists believe that there must be a ‘master switch’ regulating the networks and if they could find it, they could ‘switch on’ intelligence for everyone.


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html





Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:44 am

Oh dear, your title is wrong, the Left have already been proved to be more intelligent, perhaps they will be able to help you lol


Study links low intelligence with right-wing beliefs

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/study-links-low-intelligence-with-right-wing-beliefs/article543361/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:47 am

That does not prove more intelligent.
Dear me, thank you for proving the regressive left are utterly stupid.
That speaks of a higher amount of people on the right hold prejudiced views.

Which if we go off the amount of thin gs you are prejudiced against, makes you comparable easily to the far right in regards to stuoidity.
I do not think normal left people are stupid, just the regressive left

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:52 am

Yawn.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:15 pm

Stephen Hawking, argued to be the most intelligent man on the planet is a lefty. That's you and your opinion flattened - as usual

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/stephen-hawking-endorses-labour-in-the-general-election-10206818.html

Called David Cameron 'a right twat' as well lol

http://news.bfnn.co.uk/prof-stephen-hawking-calls-david-cameron-a-right-twat-on-twitter/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:That does not prove more intelligent.
Dear me, thank you for proving the regressive left are utterly stupid.
That speaks of a higher amount of people on the right hold prejudiced views.

Which if we go off the amount of thin gs you are prejudiced against, makes you comparable easily to the far right in regards to stuoidity.
I do not think normal left people are stupid, just the regressive left

Hawkins is not a regressive

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:09 pm

sassy wrote:Stephen Hawking, argued to be the most intelligent man on the planet is a lefty. That's you and your opinion flattened - as usual

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/stephen-hawking-endorses-labour-in-the-general-election-10206818.html

Called David Cameron 'a right twat' as well lol

http://news.bfnn.co.uk/prof-stephen-hawking-calls-david-cameron-a-right-twat-on-twitter/

And reality bears this out.  I think we all agree that Cameron is a right twat.  

Moreover, conservatives systematically score in the lower regions of the IQ scale.  Conservatives are not exposed to what is termed 'elastic thinking' (sometimes termed, challenged thought) so they don't develop the intellectual muscle to grow and develop.  It's a classic case of, use it or lose it!

Conservatives are those who do not wish to change, and their favored defense mechanism is to refuse to admit wrongs in the world.  Conservatives have no need for IQ as they do not lean toward new ideas to address those wrongs.  Their mindspace is filled with lesser thoughts of a defensive nature: notably, making up jingles with which to ridicule serious people who are the ones taking care of business.  

Because they deal in a limited mindspace, conservatives generally view the world as a zero-sum game.  Thus, they occupy themselves with gobbling up all of the resources in the world for themselves.  They call this capitalism, but it can be seen as a form of panic and fear.

Conservatives are therefore old, fat and sweaty.  They are old of mind because they live in the past.  They grow fat gorging themselves with resources, and of course fat people tend to sweat a lot.  As you can see, they are far too busy to develop high IQ's.


Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29795
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:11 pm

So based on the premise of being prejudiced, as Quill is being so above towards conservatives, does that not diminish his intelligence?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:49 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:So based on the premise of being prejudiced, as Quill is being so above towards conservatives, does that not diminish his intelligence?

Not a very well-defended premise. Laughing You need to make your case before declaring victory. Rolling Eyes

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29795
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by eddie on Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:01 pm

I think it's all bollocks. What if you were right wing then changed to left or vice versa? Does that change your intelligence?
Or what about middle ground people? Are they more intelligent or less intelligent?


You're either clever or you're not - and there are all different types of "intelligence". Not to mention some people can improve upon their intelligence at any given time in their lives.

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39286
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Didge, why did you have to make this thread about politics when it's obviously not?

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27266
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:23 pm

sassy wrote:Oh dear, your title is wrong, the Left have already been proved to be more intelligent, perhaps they will be able to help you lol


Study links low intelligence with right-wing beliefs

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/study-links-low-intelligence-with-right-wing-beliefs/article543361/

That article doesn't claim that lefties are more intelligent than right wingers though.

Also, being racist and/or homophobic doesn't necessarily make someone "right wing", and being "right wing" doesn't necessarily mean that someone will be racist and/or homophobic either.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Victorismyhero on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:34 pm

Laughing Laughing Didge....you are getting worse than me Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism 3489511464 Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism 3489511464

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10557
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:14 am

eddie wrote:I think it's all bollocks. What if you were right wing then changed to left or vice versa? Does that change your intelligence?

It might. For then you are going from an arena that requires no thought, to an arena that requires you to exercise your mind.

Suppose you were entirely sedentary all your life, and then one day started to attend a gym on a regular basis. You worked out strenuously and ate a proper diet. Wouldn't you develop your body? Same thing with your mind.

Lw'ers exercise their minds in order to come up with solutions to questions with which that RW'ers don't want to be bothered. LW'ers devote time and energy toward their projects, and the result pays off in a higher IQ.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29795
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:21 am

Original Quill wrote:
sassy wrote:Stephen Hawking, argued to be the most intelligent man on the planet is a lefty. That's you and your opinion flattened - as usual

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/stephen-hawking-endorses-labour-in-the-general-election-10206818.html

Called David Cameron 'a right twat' as well lol

http://news.bfnn.co.uk/prof-stephen-hawking-calls-david-cameron-a-right-twat-on-twitter/

And reality bears this out.  I think we all agree that Cameron is a right twat.  

Moreover, conservatives systematically score in the lower regions of the IQ scale.  Conservatives are not exposed to what is termed 'elastic thinking' (sometimes termed, challenged thought) so they don't develop the intellectual muscle to grow and develop.  It's a classic case of, use it or lose it!

Conservatives are those who do not wish to change, and their favored defense mechanism is to refuse to admit wrongs in the world.  Conservatives have no need for IQ as they do not lean toward new ideas to address those wrongs.  Their mindspace is filled with lesser thoughts of a defensive nature: notably, making up jingles with which to ridicule serious people who are the ones taking care of business.  

Because they deal in a limited mindspace, conservatives generally view the world as a zero-sum game.  Thus, they occupy themselves with gobbling up all of the resources in the world for themselves.  They call this capitalism, but it can be seen as a form of panic and fear.

Conservatives are therefore old, fat and sweaty.  They are old of mind because they live in the past.  They grow fat gorging themselves with resources, and of course fat people tend to sweat a lot.  As you can see, they are far too busy to develop high IQ's.
What he said :-)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:24 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:I think it's all bollocks. What if you were right wing then changed to left or vice versa? Does that change your intelligence?

It might.  For then you are going from an arena that requires no thought, to an arena that requires you to exercise your mind.  

Suppose you were entirely sedentary all your life, and then one day started to attend a gym on a regular basis.  You worked out strenuously and ate a proper diet.  Wouldn't you develop your body?  Same thing with your mind.

Lw'ers exercise their minds in order to come up with solutions to questions with which that RW'ers don't want to be bothered.  LW'ers devote time and energy toward their projects, and the result pays off in a higher IQ.
yep again what he said ,,,,,,we also have a better sense of humor for the most part cyclops cyclops

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by eddie on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:I think it's all bollocks. What if you were right wing then changed to left or vice versa? Does that change your intelligence?

It might.  For then you are going from an arena that requires no thought, to an arena that requires you to exercise your mind.  

Suppose you were entirely sedentary all your life, and then one day started to attend a gym on a regular basis.  You worked out strenuously and ate a proper diet.  Wouldn't you develop your body?  Same thing with your mind.

Lw'ers exercise their minds in order to come up with solutions to questions with which that RW'ers don't want to be bothered.  LW'ers devote time and energy toward their projects, and the result pays off in a higher IQ.

That's a very narrow-minded way of looking at a whole bunch of people!!

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39286
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:06 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It might.  For then you are going from an arena that requires no thought, to an arena that requires you to exercise your mind.  

Suppose you were entirely sedentary all your life, and then one day started to attend a gym on a regular basis.  You worked out strenuously and ate a proper diet.  Wouldn't you develop your body?  Same thing with your mind.

Lw'ers exercise their minds in order to come up with solutions to questions with which that RW'ers don't want to be bothered.  LW'ers devote time and energy toward their projects, and the result pays off in a higher IQ.

That's a very narrow-minded way of looking at a whole bunch of people!!

I don't think so.  Some people take the narrow-minded view that those who need social help are slackers.  Others take the even narrower view that all Muslims are evil.  These are narrow-minded views because they are result-oriented and eschew the 'cause-effect' model.  In every hypothesis you try to narrow the proposition to a single cause or theme, but you've got to do the work.  You've got to look for the facts.

What I'm talking about here is, so far from narrow, a huge dichotomy between the doers and the non-doers, the risk-takers and the fearful, and the actors and the lazy.  It's at a very fundamental level, that's all.

It rests upon a very simple premise of nature: in the absence of trying, inertia takes over.  LW'ers are activists; conservatives, by their definition ("to conserve" = hold back and do nothing) are non-actors.  LW'ers are doers and triers; conservatives are naysayers and do-nothings.  Accompanying this simple dichotomy is the fact that practice develops skill.  Put these two together and you get the fact that LW'ers not only answer all problems in the world, but they develop the skills necessary to attack the problems of the world.

The energy and imagination of LW'ers is responsible for progress.  Changing the status-quo is what gave us fire and the wheel.  It certainly tore us away from the flat-earth theory and the self-centered notion that the universe goes around us, rather than the other way.  Leftist thinkers taught us to reject war and develop mediation and peacemaking skills.  It taught us that democracy is better and more-fulfilling than authoritarianism.  It brought us social awareness and helped us refine the idea of what is 'justice'.  And Ulrich Beck noted, it taught us, "...the basic assumption of the secular society is that modernity overcomes religion."

As I've said so often, it was John Stuart Mill who said: "...stupid persons are generally Conservative."  The correlation is found in the energy and enthusiasm of LW'ers, while RW'ers are content to let their minds debilitate and die.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29795
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by eddie on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:56 pm

I don't care what John cock robin said, that's a ridiculously stupid thing to say about millions of people!

And by saying that, he's doing what he is accusing others of:

GENERALISING Rolling Eyes

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39286
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:13 pm

eddie wrote:I don't care what John cock robin said, that's a ridiculously stupid thing to say about millions of people!

And by saying that, he's doing what he is accusing others of:

GENERALISING Rolling Eyes
John Stuart Mill was an English philosopher, political economist, feminist, and civil servant. He was an influential contributor to social theory, political theory and political economy

one could say an expert

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:16 pm

eddie wrote:I don't care what John cock robin said, that's a ridiculously stupid thing to say about millions of people!

And by saying that, he's doing what he is accusing others of:

GENERALISING Rolling Eyes

But going back to what Quill said, when's the last time you saw a right-wing politician propose a new way of using the government to tackle an issue, in any country?

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27266
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:21 pm

eddie wrote:I don't care what John cock robin said, that's a ridiculously stupid thing to say about millions of people!

And by saying that, he's doing what he is accusing others of:

GENERALISING Rolling Eyes

We do that all the time. What do you think "grade" school is? Aren't we "grading" (generalizing) kids?

A theory is all about generalizing. It's not the generalizing, but how good is the evidence? When we say, All Muslims are terrorists...we are generalizing, but not very well. If we say, children who read do well in school, we are generalizing and doing it well. There is evidence to support one, and not the other.

My theory is quite simple: (1) people who practice thinking, become quite good at it; people who do not practice, do less well. (2) people who are trying to solve problems are practicing thinking. (3) LW'ers are trying to solve the problems of society, whereas RW'ers are trying to ignore the problems of society.

Ergo: LW'ers, who practice thinking more, coincidentally generally score higher in IQ measurements.


_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29795
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:23 pm

conversely, when have YOU ever seen a L/W politician do similarly...that hasnt resulted in catastophic financial failure? granted ANYTHING remotely L/W to you is "new territory" so you will have to wait and see...the ONLY one I can think of here is the NHS ...thats erm 1 example so an anomaly.....

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10557
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by eddie on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:31 pm

korban dallas wrote:
eddie wrote:I don't care what John cock robin said, that's a ridiculously stupid thing to say about millions of people!

And by saying that, he's doing what he is accusing others of:

GENERALISING Rolling Eyes
John Stuart Mill was an English philosopher, political economist, feminist, and civil servant. He was an influential contributor to social theory, political theory and political economy

one could say an expert

Is he? Well he's not a very good one.
I'm an expert too.

And have you seen my thread on experts? I think we can all safely say, blah, about them. I used them in the 9/11 thread and people said they were not.

I think if you want someone to be an expert, you only have to call him one: don't matter if anyone else agrees or not. My expert, your expert....we are all fucking experts.


_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39286
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Lord Foul wrote:conversely, when have YOU ever seen a L/W politician do similarly...that hasnt resulted in catastophic financial failure?  granted ANYTHING remotely L/W to you is "new territory" so you will have to wait and see...the ONLY one I can think of here is the NHS ...thats erm 1 example  so an anomaly.....

I do agree that there is value in conservatism.  But it is chance, not wisdom.

The conservative acts as a brake on change, and brakes are necessary to see if the innovation is working.  There is value in avoiding catastrophic failure (not financial--conservative thoughtlessness actually costs us more than progressive innovation...consider the Iraq war).  Insofar we need brakes, you are correct.

But the question was, Why do LW'ers tend to think better and more wisely?

Putting the brakes on some innovation is simple--you just stop.  But actually innovating something or some process takes creative energy and application of the mind.  It's that 'use of mind' that results in practice, resulting in improving the cognitive ability.  There is a lot that flows from this, but one very simple truth is that LW'ers are better at problem solving and thinking things through.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29795
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Lord Foul wrote:conversely, when have YOU ever seen a L/W politician do similarly...that hasnt resulted in catastophic financial failure?  granted ANYTHING remotely L/W to you is "new territory" so you will have to wait and see...the ONLY one I can think of here is the NHS ...thats erm 1 example  so an anomaly.....

Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, auto safety regulations, food and drug safety regulations, workplace rights, minimum wage, child labor laws, clean air laws, clean water laws, universal health care, environmental protection, ending slavery, women's suffrage, civil rights for minorities, same-sex marriage, public education, and federal bank insurance are just a few things that come to mind -- all thanks to us dunderheaded lefties ...

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27266
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:56 pm

as amply demonstrated by Merkels germany...which is slowly but surely subsiding neath 1 million refugees....

bear in mind, due no doubt to the skilful work of the govt media gurus, we hear little of what is goiong on in those areas thus swamped, but the little we DO hear is hardly a success story,

yep that really was a good example of "lefties" thinking things through

and a very good example of "problem solving " lets do nowt and HOPE that nothing goes wrong, we can always use the law to subdue protest and dissent....

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10557
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:57 pm

Lord Foul wrote:as amply demonstrated by Merkels germany...which is slowly but surely subsiding neath 1 million refugees....

bear in mind, due no doubt to the skilful work of the govt media gurus, we hear little of what is goiong on in those areas thus swamped, but the little we DO hear is hardly a success story,

yep that really was a good example of "lefties" thinking things through

and a very good example of "problem solving "   lets do nowt and HOPE that nothing goes wrong, we can always use the law to subdue protest and dissent....

Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, auto safety regulations, food and drug safety regulations, workplace rights, minimum wage, child labor laws, clean air laws, clean water laws, universal health care, environmental protection, ending slavery, women's suffrage, civil rights for minorities, same-sex marriage, public education, and federal bank insurance are just a few things that come to mind -- all thanks to us dunderheaded lefties ...

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27266
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:13 pm

It's a balancing process, vic.  But in the end all progress comes from innovation, and by definition innovation is a feature of the left, while doing nothing is a feature of the right.

You and I can agree that it takes both innovation and caution to make the world run and improve it.  What I am saying is that the left requires thought before action, and that is a skill.  All the conservative needs to do is apply the brakes...which it does indiscriminately, so often at the wrong time.  (Look at the privatization movement over there.)


Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29795
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:13 pm

yes ben..pity you are 100 years behind the rest of the world and only just catching up....

civil rights dont mean anything unless they are implemented

as for education..."yawn"

at least 1/3rd of our population DONT believe in creationism....with another 1/3rd believing in an imminent "zombie apocalypse"

workplace safety...I do believe that america has the worst workplace record of any "developed nation" (except perhaps china)

(and you still execute prisoners)


_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10557
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:as amply demonstrated by Merkels germany...which is slowly but surely subsiding neath 1 million refugees....

bear in mind, due no doubt to the skilful work of the govt media gurus, we hear little of what is goiong on in those areas thus swamped, but the little we DO hear is hardly a success story,

yep that really was a good example of "lefties" thinking things through

and a very good example of "problem solving "   lets do nowt and HOPE that nothing goes wrong, we can always use the law to subdue protest and dissent....

Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, auto safety regulations, food and drug safety regulations, workplace rights, minimum wage, child labor laws, clean air laws, clean water laws, universal health care, environmental protection, ending slavery, women's suffrage, civil rights for minorities, same-sex marriage, public education, and federal bank insurance are just a few things that come to mind -- all thanks to us dunderheaded lefties ...

so whats gone wrong recently....oh and same sex marriage was introduced in law here by the cons?????

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10557
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Lord Foul wrote:yes ben..pity you are 100 years behind the rest of the world and only just catching up....

civil rights dont mean anything unless they are implemented

as for education..."yawn"

at least 1/3rd of our population DONT believe in creationism....with another 1/3rd believing in an imminent "zombie apocalypse"

workplace safety...I do believe that america has the worst workplace record of any "developed nation" (except perhaps china)

(and you still execute prisoners)


Well, you are side-stepping the issue. The issue is between the right and the left, not the UK vs. the US. No doubt the UK went through a much more energetic socialism period that did the US, but that's just timing. We also had much more room to fill out (expansionism) before we ran into social problems.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29795
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:It's a balancing process, vic.  But in the end all progress comes from innovation, and by definition innovation is a feature of the left, while doing nothing is a feature of the right.

You and I can agree that it takes both innovation and caution to make the world run and improve it.  What I am saying is that the left requires thought before action, and that is a skill.  All the conservative needs to do is apply the brakes...which it does indiscriminately, so often at the wrong time.  (Look at the privatization movement over there.)

see my example of merkel for lefty action before thought,,,,

the lefty is too fond of the political "look good factor"

moreover thought before action is not, in and of itself necessarily always the best thing...thinking takes time...and time in some matters is not a comodity that can be spared for lofty existential debate....and thus when immediate action is required, the lefty, due to lack of ability to make instant correct decisions , screws things up royally.


it reminds me of the "cadence braking" dilemma

the experienced driver who relys on instinct amd who's instincts are correct (the R/W er), manages cadence breaking without thought or problems instantly

the inexperienced and mechanistically thinking (and therefore the L/Wer) has the following conversation to handle

brain to foot...get OFF the brake

foot to brain you are jokeing

brain to foot...get OFF THE BRAKE

foot to brain FUCK OFF LOON

brain to foot...I'm telling you...GETOFTHEFLAMINBREAK

foot to brain NOPE

CRUNCH......


there are times when thinking IS NOT the best option....

also, seriously, over here Quill, for the past who knows how many labour govts there has been a REALLY serious problem, in that they dont "govern...they "fiddle"
that is to say whenever things are quiet they have to do something , anything, to look as if they are doing something good, even if in reality they are not...

and the biggest problem is that they listen far too much to noisy minorities
in fact the samller but noiser the minority the more likely a lefty govt HERE is to listen to and implement their wishes.




_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10557
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:33 pm

Lord Foul wrote:yes ben..pity you are 100 years behind the rest of the world and only just catching up....

civil rights dont mean anything unless they are implemented

as for education..."yawn"

at least 1/3rd of our population DONT believe in creationism....with another 1/3rd believing in an imminent "zombie apocalypse"

workplace safety...I do believe that america has the worst workplace record of any "developed nation" (except perhaps china)

(and you still execute prisoners)


I think the fact that we have a black president speaks to the implementation of civil rights laws, for one glaring example Smile

Why do you think we still execute prisoners, by the way? Listen to the Republicans cheering:



Us clueless lefties are against the death penalty.

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27266
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Vic wrote:see my example of merkel for lefty action before thought,,,,

the lefty is too fond of the political "look good factor"

Well, you are cherrypicking examples. Anybody can do that.

No, the 'look good factor' doesn't play into it; it's your secret thought to demonize the other side. Everybody thinks in scripts. Dewey, John, How We Think (1901). It's your version of the narrative for liberals.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29795
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Vic wrote:also, seriously, over here Quill, for the past who knows how many labour govts there has been a REALLY serious problem, in that they dont "govern...they "fiddle"
that is to say whenever things are quiet they have to do something , anything, to look as if they are doing something good, even if in reality they are not...

Well, if what they do is harmful, it's your job to put the brakes on. But, you don't do that by inventing jingles and being frivolous. You apply the same 'thought before action' formula.

I'm not saying there have not bee good conservatives. But in the main they waste their time and effort on frivolous things. Look at what is happening over here with the Republicans. A clown show.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29795
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:49 pm

The trouble is quill YOU are guilty of an immense level of sterotyping and generalisation, without going into a "my brain is better than yours argument", you would class me as R/W ...and yet I have a measured IQ of between 155 and 165 depending on who measured it....

now...

fiscally I'm much further left than corbyn, in fact I recon he's a pussy....you MUST have seen the rather long post I did on social policy (since its been on here at least twice if not three times...) and in many social issues I'm just as left as any lefty here as with gay rights etc.

BUT there are places the left shouldnt tread....they are too naive and trusting.

As to the "right"...they are greedy assholes who just love to act "the big man" and follow the footsteps of the 1% picking up the crumbs they drop

I dont think its IQ or any other such thing

Its "personality traits"

and both the current left and right are IMO seriously aberrant personalities

the right is the greedy Scrooge, begrudging every penny that isnt in HIS pocket

the left is the sack cloth wearing, self flagellating, guilt ridden snivelling jealous weakling that begrudges every penny that is anyone elses pocket AND moreover begrudges every pleasure that anyone has but they havnt/dont approve of....

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10557
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:04 pm

Vic wrote:The trouble is quill YOU are guilty of an immense level of sterotyping and generalisation, without going into a "my brain is better than yours argument", you would class me as R/W ...and yet I have a measured IQ of between 155 and 165 depending on who measured it....

Well, of course. You can't escape it...all of knowledge is framing. Lakoff and Johnson, Metaphors we Live By (1980). The point is to be aware of it, and be honest about it.

I'm perfectly honest when I say that the left uses it's mind more. If you try to re-frame that proposition, you are just evading. Take it on in its own terms or move on.

There are advantages to being a RW'er. You have the edge on popularity, as more people will see and understand your metaphors. Marcuse, Moore and Woolf, A Critique of Pure Tolerance (1980).

That's why the LW'er has to think more...to make a left-wing case is always an uphill battle.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29795
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:26 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Vic wrote:The trouble is quill YOU are guilty of an immense level of sterotyping and generalisation, without going into a "my brain is better than yours argument", you would class me as R/W ...and yet I have a measured IQ of between 155 and 165 depending on who measured it....

Well, of course.  You can't escape it...all of knowledge is framing.  Lakoff and Johnson, Metaphors we Live By (1980).  The point is to be aware of it, and be honest about it.

I'm perfectly honest when I say that the left uses it's mind more.  If you try to re-frame that proposition, you are just evading.  Take it on in its own terms or move on.

There are advantages to being a RW'er.  You have the edge on popularity, as more people will see and understand your metaphors.  Marcuse, Moore and Woolf, A Critique of Pure Tolerance (1980).

That's why the LW'er has to think more...to make a left-wing case is always an uphill battle.

Its not a question of honesty though....Its a question of whether your view (and in all honesty thats ALL it is ) is correct. There is no evidence that you POV is self evident or even demonstrably true...

what you are trying to do is cast a mere supposition in concrete and thus "make it so" . I dont buy it.

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10557
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism Empty Re: Scienitists on the verge of curing Regressive Leftism

Post by Original Quill on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:37 am

Lord Foul wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, of course.  You can't escape it...all of knowledge is framing.  Lakoff and Johnson, Metaphors we Live By (1980).  The point is to be aware of it, and be honest about it.

I'm perfectly honest when I say that the left uses it's mind more.  If you try to re-frame that proposition, you are just evading.  Take it on in its own terms or move on.

There are advantages to being a RW'er.  You have the edge on popularity, as more people will see and understand your metaphors.  Marcuse, Moore and Woolf, A Critique of Pure Tolerance (1980).

That's why the LW'er has to think more...to make a left-wing case is always an uphill battle.

Its not a question of honesty though....Its a question of whether your view (and in all honesty thats ALL it is ) is correct. There is no evidence that you POV is self evident or even demonstrably true...

what you are trying to do is cast a mere supposition in concrete and thus "make it so" .  I dont buy it.

No, what I'm pointing out is that you get your veracity from uour framework of the issue.  You are the one who constantly calls things LW this, and lefty that.  You arbitrarily couple some situation with the left, and then off you go beating a dead horse with a red herring.  Razz Razz   Do you like mixed metaphors?

It's a dead horse because it is an arbitrary coupling that you have fabricated.  It's a red herring because it describes a 'set-up' situation..  You set up your own conclusion.

Now, do you accept the premises I pose as to general activity?  Do you believe that practice builds muscle?  Do you agree that the right augers for the status quo?  Do you agree that all of the invention and impetus for change comes from the left?  If you believe these premises, then the conclusion flows syllogistically.

The left has the stronger intellect if simply by virtue of the fact that It has more practice.  The right lives to do nothing, and thus it atrophies. That is it's program, like it or not.  These things have been discussed endlessly in scholarly articles and books over the years.  You might recall Nobel prize-winning conservative economist, F. A. Hayek, wrote an article called Why I'm Not a Conservative.  http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/articles/hayek-why-i-am-not-conservative.pdf  It's title is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but it touches quite honestly on all of these points.

You have been dismissive of this article before.  I'm sure you have never read it.  Yet you continue to resist the ideas it contains.  Why not just take the time to read it?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29795
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum