Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

One of the nice things about forums like ours is that we get to say what we really think, thanks to our relative anonymity.

So that everyone continues to enjoy that freedom, please don't disclose any information about any other member here. It's only courteous to allow people to be the gatekeepers of their own information and to disclose or not disclose about themselves as they see fit.

We're not making a new rule, but there is an existing rule against https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing. If we see this becoming a problem, we'll take additional action, but for now, I'm asking that we all just refrain from doing it. As eddie says (a lot), just address the post rather than the poster and we'll avoid 90 percent of problems like this.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23824
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down


Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Original Quill on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:19 am

nicko wrote:Inever knew he was Phildidge,   I should have guessed it by that name,    but then again I am a bit thick.

Oh well you live and learn!

Yep...when I first met him on ADO, I used to confuse him with Phil because of that name. But then it became clear he had a different message.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-18
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:14 am

Sassy, I commented about that You Tube, and said you had every right to ask for it to be removed. That was not the first time I've seen your photo though - you've used your photo as an avatar on here before the You Tube was posted, so I already knew what you looked like. However, I didn't know your name at that time, and now I do, but I can't remember who posted that.

Re the thread you're talking about, I agree that insults were being bandied about as usual, but you did say something which could lead someone to the alleged photo of Didge you were talking about. That has now been removed, but I see you've mentioned the whereabouts of that photo again.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:17 am

nicko wrote:Inever knew he was Phildidge,   I should have guessed it by that name,    but then again I am a bit thick.

Oh well you live and learn!

I knew he had used that name before - I think he was called that when I joined this place. Either that, or he mentioned it.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:38 am

Right I am only here to put the record straight as after reading that utter tripe by Sassy who comes out with the biggest load of bollocks ever to excuse her actions.

First of all Sassy, you have posted your own picture as your avatar ages ago, hence why we were previously warned before opening any of your posts , to use a mirror to view your post. So to protect posters from being turned to stone. So all the bull about the video is a red herring being as yhou yourself have used a picture of yourself as an avatar in the past.

Second, the picture on the link you posted is irrelevnt and insignificant. What is significant is there being a name the identity of the person that is associated to Phildidge. The very fact that link is actually the debating facility on the site Rawstory, means there is no way you could have come across this by chance. It shows how pathetic an individual you are that you actually seek to find the identity of people. If you are capable of being that underhanded and nasty, there is no telling what lenghs you would go to in attacking people.

So you use an excuse based off claiming Irn has small man syndrome and this then leads you to believe you can post up a link with an identity of a person. Which from a name alone many things can be further found out, like their address, work place etc. If you cannot see the possible implications and consequences of your actions, which could lead to false accusations made at their workplace or even to that persons home, proves beyond doubt you are a vile hateful idiot. You only have to see revently of something like this when Eilzel was concerned information has been sent to where he worked abroad. That is the problem, on here you are not the only vile underhand idiot, you like you get so wound up, you go to any lenghs to get at people.


Now I know your real name, which you have hardly kept secret, but the point is I would never reveal it and never have revealed it because that should only be your decision to say whether you want this revealed. Instead as seen here which happens in countless debates. I prove beyond doubt your hatred of Israel which is in effect very much racist and show that your hateful views do nothing to solve the conflicts, but instead further incite more hate. Its idiots like you that end up inciting Palestinians to commit murder. As to claims on me being racist, again what a load of baloney.
I play off the fact Irn is very much very proud of Scotland and easily wind him up on this, as he constantly bits all the time on this. The pair of you have no comprehension of what racism is. Being that Scottish is ajust a social construct and not something biological, shows how far removed you regressive lefties are on understanding anything.

Now the reason I am not staying is because I have lost all respect for Ben to protect his guests whilst they are on his forum. His token gesture of putting up a thread saying basically he knows what sassy did was wrong and it broke the rules, but as she is also a regressive lefty, we will let it slide this time and claim to act if it happens again. By failing to act in the first instance, he fails to take seriously or comprehends the possible consequences of allowing you to go unpunsihed. For one he is showing that a serious rule break is not taken seriously. Two that it can be construed as being biased towards the guilty party in letting them off. Three, it proves beyond doubt that he is incapable orf protecting his guests whilst on his forum. The very fact he fails to understand how further problems could arise from your actions to reveal the identity of a poster, of which you knowingly believed you were revealing mine, leaves my position to remain on this forum untenable.

If you have rules, than the application of those rules should be followed each time, of which only Eddie seems capable of doing. The others, well they are all regressive lefties, and if ever you wanted a reason why the left are incapble of running anything, then this completely proves this. The fact they conflict constantly over their own values, which as seen is replicated when they moderate, compremnises their ability to act balanced and fairly. Hence the constant double standards.

So it is for that reason I am not remaining as part of this forum. Ben has made it very clear, he did not take my complaint seriously or the implications and possible consequences of the deliberate act of sassy to reveal a posters identity. Which was him basically sticking two fingers up at me. It has also made me come to the conclusion regressive lefties have no comprehension of equality and as seen equality is only applied for fellow regressive lefties.


So on that note, I wish everyone a pleasant furture ahead.
Best advise in the world.
Do not take anything seriously what regressive lefties say seriously, as seen then constantly contradict and are in costant conflict with their own values.

Take care everyone


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:41 am

phildidge wrote:Right I am only here to put the record straight as after reading that utter tripe by Sassy who comes out with the biggest load of bollocks ever to excuse her actions.

First of all Sassy, you have posted your own picture as your avatar ages ago, hence why we were previously warned before opening any of your posts , to use a mirror to view your post. So to protect posters from being turned to stone. So all the bull about the video is a red herring being as yhou yourself have used a picture of yourself as an avatar in the past.

Second, the picture on the link you posted is irrelevnt and insignificant. What is significant is there being a name the identity of the person that is associated to Phildidge. The very fact that link is actually the debating facility on the site Rawstory, means there is no way you could have come across this by chance. It shows how pathetic an individual you are that you actually seek to find the identity of people. If you are capable of being that underhanded and nasty, there is no telling what lenghs you would go to in attacking people.

So you use an excuse based off claiming Irn has small man syndrome and this then leads you to believe you can post up a link with an identity of a person. Which from a name alone many things can be further found out, like their address, work place etc. If you cannot see the possible implications and consequences of your actions, which could lead to false accusations made at their workplace or even to that persons home, proves beyond doubt you are a vile hateful idiot. You only have to see revently of something like this when Eilzel was concerned information has been sent to where he worked abroad. That is the problem, on here you are not the only vile underhand idiot, you like you get so wound up, you go to any lenghs to get at people.


Now I know your real name, which you have hardly kept secret, but the point is I would never reveal it and never have revealed it because that should only be your decision to say whether you want this revealed. Instead as seen here which happens in countless debates. I prove beyond doubt your hatred of Israel which is in effect very much racist and show that your hateful views do nothing to solve the conflicts, but instead further incite more hate. Its idiots like you that end up inciting Palestinians to commit murder. As to claims on me being racist, again what a load of baloney.
I play off the fact Irn is very much very proud of Scotland and easily wind him up on this, as he constantly bits all the time on this. The pair of you have no comprehension of what racism is. Being that Scottish is ajust a social construct and not something biological, shows how far removed you regressive lefties are on understanding anything.

Now the reason I am not staying is because I have lost all respect for Ben to protect his guests whilst they are on his forum. His token gesture of putting up a thread saying basically he knows what sassy did was wrong and it broke the rules, but as she is also a regressive lefty, we will let it slide this time and claim to act if it happens again. By failing to act in the first instance, he fails to take seriously or comprehends the possible consequences of allowing you to go unpunsihed. For one he is showing that a serious rule break is not taken seriously. Two that it can be construed as being biased towards the guilty party in letting them off. Three, it proves beyond doubt that he is incapable orf protecting his guests whilst on his forum. The very fact he fails to understand how further problems could arise from your actions to reveal the identity of a poster, of which you knowingly believed you were revealing mine, leaves my position to remain on this forum untenable.

If you have rules, than the application of those rules should be followed each time, of which only Eddie seems capable of doing. The others, well they are all regressive lefties, and if ever you wanted a reason why the left are incapble of running anything, then this completely proves this. The fact they conflict constantly over their own values, which as seen is replicated when they moderate, compremnises their ability to act balanced and fairly. Hence the constant double standards.

So it is for that reason I am not remaining as part of this forum. Ben has made it very clear, he did not take my complaint seriously or the implications and possible  consequences of the deliberate act of sassy to reveal a posters identity. Which was him basically sticking two fingers up at me. It  has also made me come to the conclusion regressive lefties have no comprehension of equality and as seen equality is only applied for fellow regressive lefties.


So on that note, I wish everyone a pleasant furture ahead.
Best advise in the world.
Do not take anything seriously what regressive lefties say seriously, as seen then constantly contradict and are in costant conflict with their own values.

Take care everyone


I locked that thread and hid it. We decided not to ban Sassy over it since we never took action against Korban for his Flap link. I did state above:

We're not making a new rule, but there is an existing rule against https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing. If we see this becoming a problem, we'll take additional action, but for now, I'm asking that we all just refrain from doing it. As eddie says (a lot), just address the post rather than the poster and we'll avoid 90 percent of problems like this.

I think I've taken perfectly reasonable action.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23824
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:52 am

I don't understand which thread was locked and hidden. There was a clear reference to where the name and pic were on another thread - which I informed eddie about - and now it's been mentioned again.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:55 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't understand which thread was locked and hidden. There was a clear reference to where the name and pic were on another thread - which I informed eddie about - and now it's been mentioned again.

Would someone please post a link to that direct post? I haven't seen it anywhere.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23824
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:58 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't understand which thread was locked and hidden. There was a clear reference to where the name and pic were on another thread - which I informed eddie about - and now it's been mentioned again.

Would someone please post a link to that direct post? I haven't seen it anywhere.

The one which eddie dealt with? That post has been edited. Sassy has now mentioned where Didge's name and pic are again though - in that one post she's just done on this thread.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by eddie on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:00 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't understand which thread was locked and hidden. There was a clear reference to where the name and pic were on another thread - which I informed eddie about - and now it's been mentioned again.

Would someone please post a link to that direct post? I haven't seen it anywhere.

The one which eddie dealt with? That post has been edited. Sassy has now mentioned where Didge's name and pic are again though - in that one post she's just done on this thread.

I've edited out the forum she mentioned - rather late in the day though lol

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34364
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:03 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The one which eddie dealt with? That post has been edited. Sassy has now mentioned where Didge's name and pic are again though - in that one post she's just done on this thread.

I've edited out the forum she mentioned - rather late in the day though lol

Ah yes, it's gone now. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:17 am

I think that if you don't want to be "doxed" in any way, don't ever put your real pic, name, or anything else out there, or don't put it on a website where it's easily found.

As I said, I've seen Sassy put her own pic on here, and clearly she's told some people her real name as well. Didge hasn't done that on here, but he has an account on another website where he has put what might or might not be his real name and pic. It seems that it is his real name because of his complaints.

There have been other examples of doxing on here - Korban did a bit of doxing on someone who was not a member at the time, but joined later - in fact, I think he's done it to two people now.


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:47 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I think that if you don't want to be "doxed" in any way, don't ever put your real pic, name, or anything else out there, or don't put it on a website where it's easily found.

As I said, I've seen Sassy put her own pic on here, and clearly she's told some people her real name as well. Didge hasn't done that on here, but he has an account on another website where he has put what might or might not be his real name and pic. It seems that it is his real name because of his complaints.

There have been other examples of doxing on here - Korban did a bit of doxing on someone who was not a member at the time, but joined later - in fact, I think he's done it to two people now.

you think ? thats an oxymoron i believe

first you say "I think that if you don't want to be "doxed" in any way, don't ever put your real pic, name, or anything else out there,"

i repeated what had been put on various sites by various people about your pall stu ,in fact it was in the news paper and on a government web site as well not only places that in the public domain but constitutes a warning to be careful when dealing with a fraudster
also

Doxing (from dox, abbreviation of documents), or doxxing, is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting personally identifiable information about an individual.
as i have never purposely looked in to stu apart what was available on other forums it`s hardly doxing more repeating what other have published

And secondly the only other person you could be referring to is flappy however in your haste to fling shit about as you do
it may be interesting to note any thing i have said about him was published by himself in the first instance and is not "doxing" as you claim



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:54 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I think that if you don't want to be "doxed" in any way, don't ever put your real pic, name, or anything else out there, or don't put it on a website where it's easily found.

As I said, I've seen Sassy put her own pic on here, and clearly she's told some people her real name as well. Didge hasn't done that on here, but he has an account on another website where he has put what might or might not be his real name and pic. It seems that it is his real name because of his complaints.

There have been other examples of doxing on here - Korban did a bit of doxing on someone who was not a member at the time, but joined later - in fact, I think he's done it to two people now.

you think ? thats an oxymoron i believe

first you say  "I think that if you don't want to be "doxed" in any way, don't ever put your real pic, name, or anything else out there,"

i repeated what had been put on various sites by various people  about your pall stu ,in fact it was in the news paper and on a government web site as well not only places that in the public domain but constitutes a warning to be careful when dealing with a fraudster
also

Doxing (from dox, abbreviation of documents), or doxxing, is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting personally identifiable information about an individual.
as i have never purposely looked in to stu apart what was available on other forums it`s hardly doxing more repeating what other have published

And secondly the only other person you could be referring to is flappy however in your haste to fling shit about as you do
it may be interesting to note any thing i have said about him was published by himself in the first instance and is not "doxing" as you claim



You did your "research" on Stooo, and then you repeated what had been said about him on other forums, even though you shouldn't be dragging other forums into discussions here. It doesn't matter what was in the paper, you used it in an abusive and malicious fashion. This is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about - you think you did nothing wrong, and Ben thought so too, and now Didge has flounced because of this kind of thing. Admin here really need to decide what's acceptable and what isn't.

Sure I would advise people not to put their real names out there - because people like you get hold of those names and use them in a malicious fashion.

The other person I'm referring to is indeed Dean. He has not mentioned any of his personal details on this forum, so once again you dragged another forum into it - which is against the rules. It seems that the lack of reprimand the first time led you to think that you had a green light to do exactly what you want.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:55 am

I presume that you think it's fine for anyone to post Sassy's name and pic on here then as she posted them herself.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:01 am

Doxing (from dox, abbreviation of documents),[1] or doxxing,[2][3] is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting personally identifiable information about an individual.[3][4][5][6]

The methods employed to acquire this information include searching publicly available databases and social media websites (like Facebook), hacking, and social engineering. It is closely related to internet vigilantism and hacktivism.

Doxing may be carried out for various reasons, including to aid law enforcement, business analysis, extortion, coercion, harassment, online shaming and vigilante justice.

I think that just about sums you up Korban. That's from the link that Ben posted.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Syl on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:10 am

I have used my real name on forums and posted pics as avi's.
I wouldn't like it if someone decided to show my pic where I hadn't intended it to be though.
It might not be illegal but it smacks of stalking imo.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15116
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:12 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
you think ? thats an oxymoron i believe

first you say  "I think that if you don't want to be "doxed" in any way, don't ever put your real pic, name, or anything else out there,"

i repeated what had been put on various sites by various people  about your pall stu ,in fact it was in the news paper and on a government web site as well not only places that in the public domain but constitutes a warning to be careful when dealing with a fraudster
also

Doxing (from dox, abbreviation of documents), or doxxing, is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting personally identifiable information about an individual.
as i have never purposely looked in to stu apart what was available on other forums it`s hardly doxing more repeating what other have published

And secondly the only other person you could be referring to is flappy however in your haste to fling shit about as you do
it may be interesting to note any thing i have said about him was published by himself in the first instance and is not "doxing" as you claim



You did your "research" on Stooo, and then you repeated what had been said about him on other forums, even though you shouldn't be dragging other forums into discussions here. It doesn't matter what was in the paper, you used it in an abusive and malicious fashion. This is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about - you think you did nothing wrong, and Ben thought so too, and now Didge has flounced because of this kind of thing. Admin here really need to decide what's acceptable and what isn't.

Sure I would advise people not to put their real names out there - because people like you get hold of those names and use them in a malicious fashion.

The other person I'm referring to is indeed Dean. He has not mentioned any of his personal details on this forum, so once again you dragged another forum into it - which is against the rules. It seems that the lack of reprimand the first time led you to think that you had a green light to do exactly what you want.
no i repeated what was said on other sites the people who put that stuff up about him did the doxing as you call it and was in re ponce to abusive emails from your pall stu


And malicious hardly, facts yes facts on a government web site about a frustrater facts in a newspaper how he defrauded the customers of his computer import business
and yes i repeated what had been said about him. the key word in there is repeated what had been said on "other web sites" just as you have done in the past about others thats not doxing as you call it and also not illegal in any way shape or form so

secondly i have known dean a lot longer that you ever have and i think you will find as usual you don`t know what The fuck your talking about please site/elude to these personal details i have publish about dean that he him self has not himself published first because there are non but you do like to inflate and twist things you have absolutely know knowledge of

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:15 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Doxing (from dox, abbreviation of documents),[1] or doxxing,[2][3] is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting personally identifiable information about an individual.[3][4][5][6]

The methods employed to acquire this information include searching publicly available databases and social media websites (like Facebook), hacking, and social engineering. It is closely related to internet vigilantism and hacktivism.

Doxing may be carried out for various reasons, including to aid law enforcement, business analysis, extortion, coercion, harassment, online shaming and vigilante justice.

I think that just about sums you up Korban. That's from the link that Ben posted.
and ? are you claiming i was doing something for illegal purposes ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:20 am

Syl wrote:I have used my real name on forums and posted pics as avi's.
I wouldn't like it if someone decided to show my pic where I hadn't intended it to be though.
It might not be illegal but it smacks of stalking imo.
stalking is illegal, repeating a name is not. although the picture may depending on how it was published and where may be copywriter infringement fortunately images used as avatars on formotion and other sites are subject to the free use clause

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:23 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You did your "research" on Stooo, and then you repeated what had been said about him on other forums, even though you shouldn't be dragging other forums into discussions here. It doesn't matter what was in the paper, you used it in an abusive and malicious fashion. This is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about - you think you did nothing wrong, and Ben thought so too, and now Didge has flounced because of this kind of thing. Admin here really need to decide what's acceptable and what isn't.

Sure I would advise people not to put their real names out there - because people like you get hold of those names and use them in a malicious fashion.

The other person I'm referring to is indeed Dean. He has not mentioned any of his personal details on this forum, so once again you dragged another forum into it - which is against the rules. It seems that the lack of reprimand the first time led you to think that you had a green light to do exactly what you want.
no i repeated what was said on other sites the people who put that stuff up about him did the doxing as you call it and was in re ponce to abusive emails from your pall stu  


And malicious hardly, facts yes facts on a government web site about a frustrater facts in a newspaper how he defrauded the customers of his computer import  business
and yes i repeated what had been said about him. the key word in there is repeated what had been said on "other web sites" just as you have done in the past about others thats not doxing as you call it and also not illegal in any way shape or form so  

secondly i have known dean a lot longer that you ever have and i think you will find as usual you don`t know what The fuck your talking about please site/elude to  these personal details i have publish about dean that he him self has not himself published first because there are non but you do like to inflate and twist things you have absolutely know knowledge of

You had to read what was said elsewhere, store it in your mind, read any links, and store that too. That's research. You then used that information in a malicious way. You said yourself that it was in response to an email you didn't like - ie, you did it maliciously. It doesn't matter if it's illegal or not - we're talking about what's acceptable on this site, and nobody seems to be able to agree on that.

It doesn't matter what Dean published first - he didn't publish anything on here, and yet you have a link to his photo in your signature.

Sassy also says she's just repeating what Didge put himself on another site, but it's still not on - if it was, eddie wouldn't have removed the name of the site.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:24 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think that just about sums you up Korban. That's from the link that Ben posted.
and ? are you claiming i was doing something for illegal purposes ?

Have you not actually read Ben's first post in this thread? Have you not understood why he started the thread? Go back and actually read it before you start bleating on about the law.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:25 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I presume that you think it's fine for anyone to post Sassy's name and pic on here then as she posted them herself.
other when dean posted a picture of sassy i have never seen a picture of her or her real name on any forum ,the picture dean posted was in a newspaper so technically was an infringement of the newspapers copy-write if she has posted her picture and name her self then thats a different matter but you would have to refer to where that was posted in the public domain for it to be classed as legitimate use

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Syl on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:25 am

korban dallas wrote:
Syl wrote:I have used my real name on forums and posted pics as avi's.
I wouldn't like it if someone decided to show my pic where I hadn't intended it to be though.
It might not be illegal but it smacks of stalking imo.
stalking is illegal, repeating a name is not. although the picture may depending on how it was published and where may be copywriter infringement fortunately images used as avatars on formotion and other sites are subject to the free use clause  

Following someone round from forum to forum, producing pics they may have uses elsewhere may not be illegal, but the mindset of someone who does that is similar to a stalker....imo.

I'm not saying anyone has done that here, but some people on certain forums have done that.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15116
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:28 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I presume that you think it's fine for anyone to post Sassy's name and pic on here then as she posted them herself.
other when dean posted a picture of sassy i have never seen a picture of her or her real name on any forum ,the picture dean posted was in a newspaper so technically was an infringement of the newspapers copy-write if she has posted her picture and name her self  then thats a different matter but you would have to refer to where that was posted in the public domain for it to be classed as legitimate use

She used her own pic as an avatar here a couple of times.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:30 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
and ? are you claiming i was doing something for illegal purposes ?

Have you not actually read Ben's first post in this thread? Have you not understood why he started the thread? Go back and actually read it before you start bleating on about the law.
well when it comes to the law regarding this i am way better qualified than you will ever be on it and i am not addressing the post per-say but you dragging me in to it with inaccurate and subjective and misleading "information"
Perhaps if you had not dragged something that happen years ago and was related to another web site something you claim is wrong then i would not have felt the need to comment

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:31 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Have you not actually read Ben's first post in this thread? Have you not understood why he started the thread? Go back and actually read it before you start bleating on about the law.
well when it comes to the law regarding this i am way better qualified than you will ever be on it and i am not addressing the post per-say but you dragging me in to it with inaccurate and subjective and misleading "information"
Perhaps if you had not dragged something that happen years ago and was related to another web site something you claim is wrong then i would not have felt the need to comment

It's nothing to do with the law - can't you get that into your head? It's to do with the rules on this forum.

I said nothing inaccurate or misleading about you. I said exactly what you did, and you have admitted it. Perhaps if you hadn't tried to justify your own malice, we wouldn't still be discussing it.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:32 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
other when dean posted a picture of sassy i have never seen a picture of her or her real name on any forum ,the picture dean posted was in a newspaper so technically was an infringement of the newspapers copy-write if she has posted her picture and name her self  then thats a different matter but you would have to refer to where that was posted in the public domain for it to be classed as legitimate use

She used her own pic as an avatar here a couple of times.
i have never seen it,however i seem to recall dean used her picture as an avatar at one point that started a similar discussion on this topic and it was removed

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:32 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

She used her own pic as an avatar here a couple of times.
i have never seen it,however i seem to recall dean used her picture as an avatar at one point that started a similar discussion on this topic and it was removed

Well I've seen her use her own pic as an avatar. Perhaps you were "away" at the time.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:39 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
well when it comes to the law regarding this i am way better qualified than you will ever be on it and i am not addressing the post per-say but you dragging me in to it with inaccurate and subjective and misleading "information"
Perhaps if you had not dragged something that happen years ago and was related to another web site something you claim is wrong then i would not have felt the need to comment

It's nothing to do with the law - can't you get that into your head? It's to do with the rules on this forum.

I said nothing inaccurate or misleading about you. I said exactly what you did, and you have admitted it. Perhaps if you hadn't tried to justify your own malice, we wouldn't still be discussing it.
justify ? lol i don`t need to justify shit to you sweetheart and no you did not say exactaly what i did as usual you dressed it up with whistles and bells with very little actual understanding of the facts
simple fact is i have never posted information about anybody that was not all ready on a forum i have been a member of thats not "doxing" its much the same as repeating that on other forums your considered a shit string troll who goes out of there way looks for an argument and isn`t happy till she gets one well thats whats on stu`s forum anyway and a couple of others thats not doxing by any stretch of the imagination

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:42 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's nothing to do with the law - can't you get that into your head? It's to do with the rules on this forum.

I said nothing inaccurate or misleading about you. I said exactly what you did, and you have admitted it. Perhaps if you hadn't tried to justify your own malice, we wouldn't still be discussing it.
justify ? lol i don`t need to justify shit to you sweetheart  and no you did not say exactaly what i did as usual you dressed it up with whistles and bells with very little actual understanding of the facts
simple fact is i have never posted information about anybody that was not all ready on a forum i have been a member of thats not "doxing" its much the same as repeating that on other forums your considered a shit string troll who goes out of there way looks for an argument and isn`t happy till she gets one well thats whats on stu`s forum anyway and a couple of others thats not doxing by any stretch of the imagination

Well then why did you try to justify what you did? It doesn't matter where you got the info - you had no business posting it here. Ben has addressed this point before, and you are already breaking the rules again.

Don't bother to try to dox me - the stalkers got the wrong info anyway.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:43 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
i have never seen it,however i seem to recall dean used her picture as an avatar at one point that started a similar discussion on this topic and it was removed

Well I've seen her use her own pic as an avatar. Perhaps you were "away" at the time.
just because i don`t post that much any more doesn`t mean i am "away" i still visit every day and always have done hence i was able to immediately respond when you dragged my name in to this

and all i said i haven`t seen it other when dean used it and started a whole argument over the issue

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:43 am

I think that admin need to really clarify what's allowed here and what isn't. Korban seems to think that if personal information is on another site, it's fine to post it here. Is that correct or not?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:48 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
justify ? lol i don`t need to justify shit to you sweetheart  and no you did not say exactaly what i did as usual you dressed it up with whistles and bells with very little actual understanding of the facts
simple fact is i have never posted information about anybody that was not all ready on a forum i have been a member of thats not "doxing" its much the same as repeating that on other forums your considered a shit string troll who goes out of there way looks for an argument and isn`t happy till she gets one well thats whats on stu`s forum anyway and a couple of others thats not doxing by any stretch of the imagination

Well then why did you try to justify what you did? It doesn't matter where you got the info - you had no business posting it here. Ben has addressed this point before, and you are already breaking the rules again.

Don't bother to try to dox me - the stalkers got the wrong info anyway.
i didn`t try to justify anything i related actual facts and yes i does matter where the info came from especially if you going to call it doxing ,and you cant dictate what i have no business doing your not now nor will you ever be the boss of me
and when i have crossed the line (to my knowledge something i have not done) i am sure BEN will bring it to my attention something he hasn`t done so far

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:50 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I think that admin need to really clarify what's allowed here and what isn't. Korban seems to think that if personal information is on another site, it's fine to post it here. Is that correct or not?
there you go again telling people what they think and perhaps its because your pretty stupid you havent understood word one of what i have said ....no surprise there then

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:51 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well then why did you try to justify what you did? It doesn't matter where you got the info - you had no business posting it here. Ben has addressed this point before, and you are already breaking the rules again.

Don't bother to try to dox me - the stalkers got the wrong info anyway.
i didn`t try to justify anything i related actual facts   and yes i does matter where the info came from especially if you going to call it doxing ,and you cant dictate what i have no business doing your not now nor will you ever be the boss of me
and when i have crossed the line (to my knowledge something i have not done) i am sure BEN will bring it to my attention something he hasn`t done so far  

Actually, Ben mentioned you before I did, so complain to him. Let's see if he clarifies whether it matters or not where the information came from. I doubt he'll pull you up for anything because you're mates. However, it would be nice to know whether it's worth reporting any more of your doxing or not.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:51 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I think that admin need to really clarify what's allowed here and what isn't. Korban seems to think that if personal information is on another site, it's fine to post it here. Is that correct or not?
there you go again telling people what they think and perhaps its because your pretty stupid you havent understood word one of what i have said ....no surprise there then

It's exactly what you've said, so I don't know why you're now denying it.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:58 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
i didn`t try to justify anything i related actual facts   and yes i does matter where the info came from especially if you going to call it doxing ,and you cant dictate what i have no business doing your not now nor will you ever be the boss of me
and when i have crossed the line (to my knowledge something i have not done) i am sure BEN will bring it to my attention something he hasn`t done so far  

Actually, Ben mentioned you before I did, so complain to him. Let's see if he clarifies whether it matters or not where the information came from. I doubt he'll pull you up for anything because you're mates. However, it would be nice to know whether it's worth reporting any more of your doxing or not.
More of my doxing ? you sited two poor inaccurate examples from what 3 years ago what are you accusing me of now ? your really need to calm down a bit instead of flinging accusations about

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
there you go again telling people what they think and perhaps its because your pretty stupid you havent understood word one of what i have said ....no surprise there then

It's exactly what you've said, so I don't know why you're now denying it.
denying what ? i havent denied what i posted at the time just pointed out its not as you claim doxing

you dragged my name in to this

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:03 pm

oh and ben was referring to the link on my signature to MY site not in fact any doxing
so once again you twist the facts

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:04 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's exactly what you've said, so I don't know why you're now denying it.
denying what ? i havent denied what i posted at the time just pointed out its not as you claim doxing

you dragged my name in to this

As I said, Ben mentioned you first in relation to doxing. You did dox two people - stop denying it. You posted information which could identify them.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:05 pm

korban dallas wrote:oh and ben was referring to the link on my signature to MY site  not in fact any  doxing
so once again you twist the facts

Look at the title of the thread. It's about respecting the anonymity of posters - that means not doxing them.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:06 pm

In addition to that, the link Ben posted was about doxing.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:oh and ben was referring to the link on my signature to MY site  not in fact any  doxing
so once again you twist the facts

Look at the title of the thread. It's about respecting the anonymity of posters - that means not doxing them.
i now you a bit slow so let me explain

Ben mentioned my name in relation to my signature nothing else regardless of the title of this thread he has no control over my site that has VIDEOS no other information other than a newspaper report about an homphobic tweet reported not only in all the newspapers at the time but on broadcast news at the time

so are you going to be vetting all legitimate storys in the national press to see if they conform to your preference before they can be discussed on this forum ? >

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:In addition to that, the link Ben posted was about doxing.
not regarding my signature link its not

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:20 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Look at the title of the thread. It's about respecting the anonymity of posters - that means not doxing them.
i now you a bit slow so let me explain

Ben mentioned my name in relation to my signature nothing else regardless of the title of this thread he has no control over my site that has VIDEOS no other information other than a newspaper report about an homphobic tweet reported not only in all the newspapers at the time  but on broadcast news at the time

so are you going to be vetting all legitimate storys in the national press to see if they conform to your preference before they can be discussed on this forum ? >

I think that Ben needs to clarify the situation further. He said he didn't ban Sassy because he took no action over your signature. He then went on to post a link about doxing, which suggests that he does indeed consider that what Sassy and you did was doxing.

Perhaps he could clarify.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:21 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:In addition to that, the link Ben posted was about doxing.
not regarding my signature link its not

Well then why did he refer to your "Flap link" at all?

I locked that thread and hid it. We decided not to ban Sassy over it since we never took action against Korban for his Flap link. I did state above:

We're not making a new rule, but there is an existing rule against https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing. If we see this becoming a problem, we'll take additional action, but for now, I'm asking that we all just refrain from doing it. As eddie says (a lot), just address the post rather than the poster and we'll avoid 90 percent of problems like this.


I think I've taken perfectly reasonable action.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:oh and ben was referring to the link on my signature to MY site  not in fact any  doxing
so once again you twist the facts

Look at the title of the thread. It's about respecting the anonymity of posters - that means not doxing them.
but i just repeted what was being said by others ....thats not doxing as you keep claiming in fact you your self repeat things said on other sites often .......your quite the hypocrite really


do as i say not as i do sort of girl .....good luck with that


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:24 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Look at the title of the thread. It's about respecting the anonymity of posters - that means not doxing them.
but i just repeted what was being said by others ....thats not doxing as you keep claiming in fact you your self repeat things said on other sites often .......your quite the hypocrite really


do as i say not as i do sort of girl .....good luck with that


No, you identified someone, and then repeated information about them which was not relevant to this site, and you did so for malicious purposes.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
not regarding my signature link its not

Well then why did he refer to your "Flap link" at all?

I locked that thread and hid it. We decided not to ban Sassy over it since we never took action against Korban for his Flap link. I did state above:

   We're not making a new rule, but there is an existing rule against https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing. If we see this becoming a problem, we'll take additional action, but for now, I'm asking that we all just refrain from doing it. As eddie says (a lot), just address the post rather than the poster and we'll avoid 90 percent of problems like this.


I think I've taken perfectly reasonable action.
the flap link as ben calls it is a link to MY SITE you stupid woman just like flap had a link TO HIS SITE as his signature jeeze your dense

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:28 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well then why did he refer to your "Flap link" at all?


the flap link as ben calls it is a link to MY SITE you stupid woman just like flap had a link TO HIS SITE as his signature jeeze your dense

And you had stuff on your site which could identify someone who posts on this forum.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30384
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please respect the anonymity of your fellow members

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum