Be too good to use racial slurs

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

... or face the consequences, if you prefer.

You all know that racial slurs aren't allowed on this site. I'm tired of seeing stuff like "paki," "raghead," etc. Anybody who has been using these epithets is officially warned and reminded that they are subject to moderator action and that repeat offenders can be banned.

Any administrator taking disciplinary action against a member for this reason has my support.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24459
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down


Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by Irn Bru on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:52 am

eddie wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:I like Tommy who has never been abusive to me in any way. I don't agree with a lot of what he comes out with but it shows that if you give a little respect you get it back.

Even though he's tring to track me down and firebomb ma hoose Laughing

To be fair, we are all trying to track you down Irn.


Suspect

So are the CSA Laughing

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7719
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by eddie on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:55 am

Hahahahahaha all those love-children!

You're like Uncle Albert on Fools and Horses - do you remember that episode? lol!

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35851
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by Irn Bru on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:56 am

eddie wrote:Hahahahahaha all those love-children!

You're like Uncle Albert on Fools and Horses - do you remember that episode? lol!

I was just bragging. Uncle Albert was the real deal Laughing

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7719
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by eddie on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:57 am

He really was!

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35851
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:38 am

Irn Bru wrote:I like Tommy who has never been abusive to me in any way. I don't agree with a lot of what he comes out with but it shows that if you give a little respect you get it back.

Even though he's tring to track me down and firebomb ma hoose Laughing


That's not strictly true... I did call you 'iron hoof' a couple of times when I first joined here...


Which I almost instantly regretted and stopped doing as I quickly realised you were way above that level of stupidity, and very much more a man of intelligence, honour and integrity.


As much as I have disagreed with you since at times, I respectfully accept and appreciate your viewpoints and opinions and you always provide quite sound reasoning behind them... which I loathe to admit, is sometimes difficult to argue against!!!


lol!



And Sassy... explain the trees needing fire causing temperatures over hundreds of thousands of years to survive!!!


lol!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20916
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:56 am

Lord Foul wrote:Oh and quill...its YOUR fault i'm back....

you said my name 3 times...just like beetlejuice

Bullshit, you're back because you saw we were talkin' about you...and so you got drunk enough to get up the nerve and come on. Took you three pages in... Twisted Evil


Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25121
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:02 am

Irn Bru wrote:I like Tommy who has never been abusive to me in any way. I don't agree with a lot of what he comes out with but it shows that if you give a little respect you get it back.

Even though he's tring to track me down and firebomb ma hoose Laughing

Oddly, I've come to the same realization.  Tho he has some crazy ideas, and he hasn't had the classic education on metaphysics and epistemology (eg, his personification of nature), tommy does present arguments in the correct form and backs them up with links and evidence.

I've been thinking for some time that people are unfairly dismissive of him.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25121
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:36 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No, that would be Veya ...

Veya's not French.  You're own people spoke French until the time of Edward III.  As Edward I once said, Bon besoigne fait qy du merde se delivrer.  Laughing

His father was French, or so he said.

Yes, dad came to paradise when he was 14  pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat  Mum is Aussie back to convict days though

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18535
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:42 am

Lord Foul wrote:NOW...can I get back to bullying veya Razz

@quill...why do you see me as a bully?

could it possibly be because you fear me ..intellectually of course....
that you recognise in me your better.......

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18535
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:46 am

Original Quill wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:I like Tommy who has never been abusive to me in any way. I don't agree with a lot of what he comes out with but it shows that if you give a little respect you get it back.

Even though he's tring to track me down and firebomb ma hoose Laughing

Oddly, I've come to the same realization.  Tho he has some crazy ideas, and he hasn't had the classic education on metaphysics and epistemology (eg, his personification of nature), tommy does present arguments in the correct form and backs them up with links and evidence.

I've been thinking for some time that people are unfairly dismissive of him.

I have to say the same
often basic statements to start with... but sometimes he does come out with pretty fair arguments when pushed for reasons... I definitely feel Tommy has more experience with the 'pointy end' of migration issues than the rest of RW posters.

And I hope you don't complain or feel offended Tommy ..... I like that you seem almost impossible to offend ... why ... you could almost be an Australian pirat pirat Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18535
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:47 am

Lord Foul wrote:Good evening ladies and gentlemen...yes its victor.....only darker and more well sorta....... Twisted Evil

Victor!!!!!!!!!!! Great to see you back, and your big staff of course...........  x


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:59 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Oddly, I've come to the same realization.  Tho he has some crazy ideas, and he hasn't had the classic education on metaphysics and epistemology (eg, his personification of nature), tommy does present arguments in the correct form and backs them up with links and evidence.

I've been thinking for some time that people are unfairly dismissive of him.

I have to say the same
often basic statements to start with... but sometimes [he does come out with pretty fair arguments when pushed for reasons... I definitely feel Tommy has more experience with the 'pointy end' of migration issues than the rest of RW posters.

And I hope you don't complain or feel offended Tommy .....  I like that you seem almost impossible to offend ... why ... you could almost be an Australian pirat pirat Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz




1. I always back up what I say with logic, reason and evidence... people might not like to admit what I say is true... but can't argue against it so run away shouting 'SIXHIRB' instead!!!


2. Now steady on... there's no need for that!!!


Laughing

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20916
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by eddie on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:07 am

Original Quill wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:I like Tommy who has never been abusive to me in any way. I don't agree with a lot of what he comes out with but it shows that if you give a little respect you get it back.

Even though he's tring to track me down and firebomb ma hoose Laughing

Oddly, I've come to the same realization.  Tho he has some crazy ideas, and he hasn't had the classic education on metaphysics and epistemology (eg, his personification of nature), tommy does present arguments in the correct form and backs them up with links and evidence.

I've been thinking for some time that people are unfairly dismissive of him.


We'll,I've said it from the start about Tommy - I don't care what a poster is saying as long as they're presenting from a place of their truth and their opinion, I don't have to agree, but it's not for me to say they're wrong if that's what they feel.

I'm not even bothered about pages and pages of statistics. Every time stats are put up about anything they're dismissed and disbelieved so no one actually believes any stats but their own.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35851
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:33 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Oddly, I've come to the same realization.  Tho he has some crazy ideas, and he hasn't had the classic education on metaphysics and epistemology (eg, his personification of nature), tommy does present arguments in the correct form and backs them up with links and evidence.

I've been thinking for some time that people are unfairly dismissive of him.


We'll,I've said it from the start about Tommy - I don't care what a poster is saying as long as they're presenting from a place of their truth and their opinion, I don't have to agree, but it's not for me to say they're wrong if that's what they feel.

I'm not even bothered about pages and pages of statistics. Every time stats are put up about anything they're dismissed and disbelieved so no one actually believes any stats but their own.

There are all kinds of criticisms of style.  In particular, I don't like a c&p job where the poster has no comment.  It's like: WTF!??...you just made me read this 2-page exegesus...what is your point?

But if someone actually makes a statement, and then posts the back-up evidence so we know where s/he's coming from or what his/her support is, then we can discuss both the subject and the sources in comments.

Tommy does that.  Now, very often the comments rip him apart, but you can't say he hasn't made a cogent argument and supported it.  We had some great discussions about natural selection and ontological purpose (does nature have a plan?) in the debates about gay marriage.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25121
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by eddie on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:26 pm

Well there you go. We agree on something!

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35851
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be too good to use racial slurs

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum