Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Sam Harris will be speaking in Australia this January for a group called Think Inc., and advertising has already begun. The group created billboards featuring lines from some of Harris’ books… only to have them rejected for being too discriminatory.
Here are the billboards. Good luck trying to figure out who’s being discriminated against.

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 1Op6LMe


Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 RK0pa4l


Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 ZP2gomr


Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 NRlY5IJ

Our recent posters promoting the upcoming tour of An Evening with Sam Harris appear to have garnered a shortage of favour from APN Outdoor, who have refused to advertise a series of these posters as billboards. APN’s justification for this has been based on the perception that Think Inc. has violated section 2.1 of the Outdoor Media Association’s (OMA) code of ethics: “Advertisements shall not portray or depict material in a way which discriminates against or vilifies a person or section of the community on account of race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, age, sexual preference, religion, disability or political belief.”
While the Think Inc. team wholeheartedly acknowledges, appreciates and respects this section of the code of ethics, and agrees that all prospective companies seeking to advertise publicly should adhere to this code, we strongly disagree that our series of posters is in breach of it. We would like to publicly state that with them it is not at all our intention nor our mission to promote what has been perceived by APN as any kind of vilification, discrimination or bigotry towards any specific social group; what we do promote, however, is a rational and critical discourse of ideas, and the opening up of an intellectual dialogue that must be had.
To reject these posters is to censor free speech — pure and simple. Especially when other advertising agencies, such as Facebook, Google and Rock Posters have done so with no issue whatsoever.
I couldn’t agree more. What Harris said about Jesus is what Catholics actually believe. His other comments are either legitimate comments or fair questions. There’s no discrimination taking place. People are just uncomfortable having their sacred cows challenged.
Harris himself was surprised by the rejections, telling me this via email:
“Although I didn’t play any part in designing those billboards, it is fairly alarming that APN Outdoor feels that the public must be protected from them. I suppose I’ll have to go down there and tell them why they are wrong about this. I recommend that everyone eat a healthy serving of Jesus crackers before the event.”
Remember: These are topics that need to be addressed precisely because so many people prefer to avoid them entirely.


http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/10/29/thought-provoking-billboards-for-sam-harris-events-rejected-in-australia/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Didge wrote:


So no intelliegnt answer from the village idiot, who cannot comprehend that billions would not have suffered without religion.
This clearly did not compute with that pea brain of yours.
Just think, without religion.
No Holocaust.
No slave trade both western and Islamic.
No Crusades.
No islamic butchery of India.
No genocide of the indegeneous South American indians.

Do you wish me to continue dummy?

Lol! Stop being hysterical and read my post to Les.

You really are slow.


Stop wasting my time with your ignorance, if you cannot see how without religion so many would not have suffered then you truly are a village idiot.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:25 pm

Do you know what the saddest part about those making the most idiotic views about Harris, is they defend the countless problems found in religions. Where they make the most idiotic attacks on the likes of Dawkins and Harris who point out these problems, as if the problems will go away by abusing them. Where instead they should be dealing with these problems, just like where Harris and Nawaz have colloborated to help tackle these problems.

This is why the problems still exist is that the people who could actually do something about it, instead get defensive over where rightly the religions are criticized from bad beliefs. That makes them clowns, and are refusing to deal or except the many problems found within religion.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:28 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Didge wrote:


Stop wasting my time with your ignorance, if you cannot see how without religion so many would not have suffered then you truly are a village idiot.

Lol! Neither of you can answer my question.

Do the sheep need to consult Sam Harris? HA HA!


How would you use your magic wand?

1. No religion but some rape
2. No rape but some religion


I see you are as thick as can be.

I wave my wand and no more religion, there is some rape, but no holocaust, no crusades, no Islamic slave trade, no palestinian israeli conflict, no Isis, no Islamic terrorism, no islamic genocide of Indian, no genocide of South America etc.

I wave my wand and there is no rape but stil countless suffer as mentioned already.

Which is the lesser of two evils here?

Take your time village idiot?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Eilzel on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:30 pm

It wasn't clear enough in my answer Zack?

I would have no religion. Reasoning that hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives would be saved down the line as a result- not to mention people all around the workd being more free than ever before.

And fine, you wouldn't disagree with the word of god. You are still a sheep whoever the shepherd is Wink

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:34 pm

Eilzel wrote:It wasn't clear enough in my answer Zack?

I would have no religion. Reasoning that hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives would be saved down the line as a result- not to mention people all around the workd being more free than ever before.

And fine, you wouldn't disagree with the word of god. You are still a sheep whoever the shepherd is Wink


The point is though there is no proof it is the word of a god, and as such it has to be taken as the views of some minor warlord who heard voices in his head that Zack follows.
Unless the village idiot can prove it is the word of god, he is being a sheep to the views of a man very backward in ethics and morality.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Eilzel on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:57 pm

I know that didge, I was humouring him with his words, he wants to submit to some faceless god we only know about from a delusional dark age desert dweller then that's his choice. But he should think twice before bandying the sheep tag around haha

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Eilzel wrote:We all agree on tackling extremists. But pretending that religion is never to blame is delusional nonsense. The religion is the cause or the tool with leaders bring the masses on board to do their dirty work. In either case, the fact Abrahamic religion is evidently ridiculous made up BS means it should be neither.

Standing up for 'religious belief' gives a shield to the worse views and as such the actions they lead to. Since whatever you do to 'tackle' extremism will be thwarted by the self imposed handicap of not being able to say to them and their followers, 'your beliefs ARE WRONG.'

It's people's interpretation of religion that is to blame, not religion itself.
If some idiots are stupid enough to think a book is telling them to kill a bunch of people then those same idiots would find a reason to kill a bunch of people even if they never read the book.

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39314
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Eilzel on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:14 pm

I don't think most of them would. You make it sound like the Bible and Koran weren't written by self interested, greedy, corrupt men, Eds lol

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:14 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:They missed this quote:

"If I could wave a magic wand and get rid of either rape or religion, I would not hesitate to get rid of religion."

- Sam Harris




Perhaps Sam should get his arse raped a few times, see if that doesn't change the stupid fucker's mind.

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39314
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Eilzel wrote:Rape is horrific Zack, but murder is worse.

Religion causes murder, and has done so for thousands of years.

If murder is worse than rape.
And religion causes a lot of murder.
Then I would get rid if religion before rape.

And as for sheep slurs. Be aware I did already made it clear I disagreed with Hitchens and Harris on Iraq. I disagree with both on other things too.

I bet there is NOTHING you would disagree with Muhammed on, nothing.

Your logic is warped.

Try getting rapped and see if you answer in the same way.
Try watching your mum get raped and see if you answer the same way.
Ask an old lady who has lost everyone she loves, if going to church and finding Jesus is harming anyone and would she rather be raped?


Absolutely warped logic just because you want to dismiss religion!

Shoddy Les! No

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39314
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Rape is horrific Zack, but murder is worse.

Religion causes murder, and has done so for thousands of years.

If murder is worse than rape.
And religion causes a lot of murder.
Then I would get rid if religion before rape.

And as for sheep slurs. Be aware I did already made it clear I disagreed with Hitchens and Harris on Iraq. I disagree with both on other things too.

I bet there is NOTHING you would disagree with Muhammed on, nothing.

Your logic is warped.

Try getting rapped and see if you answer in the same way.
Try watching your mum get raped and see if you answer the same way.
Ask an old lady who has lost everyone she loves, if going to church and finding Jesus is harming anyone and would she rather be raped?


Absolutely warped logic just because you want to dismiss religion!

Shoddy Les! No


Try watching people being shot, gassed, hanged, beheaded, a child raped then beheaded, a child forced into marriage a woman fgorced into marriage, each raped, a girl sexually mutilated, people enslaved etc all due to religion.

Now nobody would want rape them to happen to anyone, but what is the lesser of two evils?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Eilzel on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:35 pm

That's a pretty disgusting example Eds, and pretty foul coming from you Sad

I won't use the same person in an example. But imagine if someone you knew was blown up in a suicide attack; or burned alive for being the wrong religion.

Rape. Is. Terrible.
Murder. Is. Worse.

Murder that the murderer thinks is righteous is worse of all. Murder backed by religious belief, happens all the time. How many people have IS, Al-Qaeda etc murdered this year alone?

You are totally ignorant to the evils of religion, willfully or naively, you admit you know and care little for the subject but then come out with the post you just did condemning what I said. Wtf.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Eilzel on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:37 pm

Exactly didge. I'd be rightly slammed if I showed footage of what Muslims in the southern Thai provinces did to Buddhists (beheaded as you said). People can bury their heads in the sand but it happens.

I guess since it isn't a UK problem it isn't worth bothering about...

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:Exactly didge. I'd be rightly slammed if I showed footage of what Muslims in the southern Thai provinces did to Buddhists (beheaded as you said). People can bury their heads in the sand but it happens.

I guess since it isn't a UK problem it isn't worth bothering about...


Indeed and its not just today, how many people would have not suffered under religion?
My guess is billions/ Now none of us want rape to happen to anyone, but given the choice or who and how many to save? To me is a no brainer, as billions would have been saved from murder, genocide, rape, child abuse, slavery etc.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Eilzel on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:43 pm

This is just it didge. If the UK today was plagued with the same religious issues as India, the Middle East, southern Thailand etc then I guarantee eddie's outlook would be different. But nevermind, since 2005 only one poor soul has been victim of religious murder in the UK- the thousand upon thousand of other happened in the never never land of newspapers- not real people at all Sad

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Eilzel wrote:That's a pretty disgusting example Eds, and pretty foul coming from you Sad

I won't use the same person in an example. But imagine if someone you knew was blown up in a suicide attack; or burned alive for being the wrong religion.

Rape. Is. Terrible.
Murder. Is. Worse.

Murder that the murderer thinks is righteous is worse of all. Murder backed by religious belief, happens all the time. How many people have IS, Al-Qaeda etc murdered this year alone?

You are totally ignorant to the evils of religion, willfully or naively, you admit you know and care little for the subject but then come out with the post you just did condemning what I said. Wtf.

It was horrible, what I said. It was meant to be! It was meant to make you feel sick.

If you cannot grasp why and how that made your logic warped then we will have to agree to differ.
I'm not repeating myself nor using any other analogy.

Rape and murder are as bad as each other - none is worse then the other - and not all are caused by religion - and not all religious people are bad.

Sam Harris is a fucking ignorant numpty who should be held down and fucked with a baseball bat.
See if he likes it.

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39314
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:54 pm

And one last point, perhaps you should ask victims of rape whether they wish they'd just been killed after being raped, since for someV their lives are ruined forever.
And perhaps you should think about children who are raped throughout their whole childhoods whether they wish they'd have just died seeing as the rest of their lives can be ruined forever.


You are both so ignorantly stupid in this it's beyond belief.

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39314
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:56 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:That's a pretty disgusting example Eds, and pretty foul coming from you Sad

I won't use the same person in an example. But imagine if someone you knew was blown up in a suicide attack; or burned alive for being the wrong religion.

Rape. Is. Terrible.
Murder. Is. Worse.

Murder that the murderer thinks is righteous is worse of all. Murder backed by religious belief, happens all the time. How many people have IS, Al-Qaeda etc murdered this year alone?

You are totally ignorant to the evils of religion, willfully or naively, you admit you know and care little for the subject but then come out with the post you just did condemning what I said. Wtf.

It was horrible, what I said. It was meant to be! It was meant to make you feel sick.

If you cannot grasp why and how that made your logic warped then we will have to agree to differ.
I'm not repeating myself nor using any other analogy.

Rape and murder are as bad as each other - none is worse then the other - and not all are caused by religion - and not all religious people are bad.

Sam Harris is a fucking ignorant numpty who should be held down and fucked with a baseball bat.
See if he likes it.


You are an idiot that is plain to see as when you are murdered your life ceases to exist.
People do move on from rape, as they do from torture, even though it can haunt you, but when someones life is taken, that is it. So it is you being uttlery idiotic as maybe you should tell the countless victims murdered by religion that its not as bad as rape.
Oh you cant because there dead.

For fuck sake.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Eilzel on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:59 pm

You make it sound like I cannot comprehend how bad rape is. That is insulting.

Pretty much anyone would rather be alive than dead, however bad things got. And whatever our loved ones suffered we would rather they were here with us than not.

By that logic murder is worse than rape- to say otherwise is to say if someone has been raped they might as well be dead- which is a damning claim on rape victims.

No one says all religious people are bad- that is your lack of understanding.
No one, including Harris, says rape is not terrible- that is your misunderstanding.
Wishing someone to be raped is appalling.

You have NO idea the extent of suffering in this world that is caused by religious beliefs. Either because you have never looked or because you don't care.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:00 pm

sassy wrote:Sam Harris is a joke and laughed at all over the world.

So is Jeremy Corbyn & his supporters.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:04 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Rape is horrific Zack, but murder is worse.

Religion causes murder, and has done so for thousands of years.

If murder is worse than rape.
And religion causes a lot of murder.
Then I would get rid if religion before rape.

And as for sheep slurs. Be aware I did already made it clear I disagreed with Hitchens and Harris on Iraq. I disagree with both on other things too.

I bet there is NOTHING you would disagree with Muhammed on, nothing.

Your logic is warped.

Try getting rapped and see if you answer in the same way.
Try watching your mum get raped and see if you answer the same way.
Ask an old lady who has lost everyone she loves, if going to church and finding Jesus is harming anyone and would she rather be raped?


Absolutely warped logic just because you want to dismiss religion!

Shoddy Les! No

Good post Eddie.I would imagine that for many victims,life following rape or witnessing the event would be like a living hell.And death for them may be the only release.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Eilzel on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:06 pm

By the way Eds, to call someone stupid on a subject just because they din't agree with you is pretty low. Granted we both do it with others but you and I are friends. Regardless of when I have been baffled by things you say and views you express I've never called you stupid on anything (whatever I may have thought). So thanks for that.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:07 pm

Shady wrote:
eddie wrote:

Your logic is warped.

Try getting rapped and see if you answer in the same way.
Try watching your mum get raped and see if you answer the same way.
Ask an old lady who has lost everyone she loves, if going to church and finding Jesus is harming anyone and would she rather be raped?


Absolutely warped logic just because you want to dismiss religion!

Shoddy Les! No

Good post Eddie.I would imagine that for many victims,life following rape or witnessing the event would be like a living hell.And death for them may be the only release.


And given the choice of life where others have been butchered, enslaved, suffered child abuse etc, what would they choose?
Nobody here is wishing rape and many rapes have come off the back of religion too, espcially martial rape, so with no religion countless people would have not been raped either.
Or did you not think of this?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:09 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
eddie wrote:And one last point, perhaps you should ask victims of rape whether they wish they'd just been killed after being raped, since for someV their lives are ruined forever.
And perhaps you should think about children who are raped throughout their whole childhoods whether they wish they'd have just died seeing as the rest of their lives can be ruined forever.


You are both so ignorantly stupid in this it's beyond belief.

You're exactly right Eds. Please ignore the insults being levelled at you. It's a pure New Atheism strategy.

As always, the think the amount of evil in the world would diminish if there was no religion. To me that is a naive faith. For all the reasons you have eloquently explained already.

And notice how they provide a false premise of murder.

They choice was between religion vs rape. And they chose rape out of some absurd pragmatism. As if rape would disappear along with religion. Lol! If it was that easy, people would demand the banning of religion.

You'd have a better chance getting rid of rape if you castrated men at birth. Let's see if they agree with that?



As usual the village idiot has no response to the points made.
Religion has been the cause and justification of rape, marital rape and child rape.
Religion has been the cause of slavery, genocide etc.
Your argument is weak and you forget that without religion many of these thingsw would not have happened.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:09 pm

Eilzel wrote:By the way Eds, to call someone stupid on a subject just because they din't agree with you is pretty low. Granted we both do it with others but you and I are friends. Regardless of when I have been baffled by things you say and views you express I've never called you stupid on anything (whatever I may have thought). So thanks for that.

Oh do stop being so precious & get over yourself.You sound like that prat Tim Farron.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:10 pm

Shady wrote:
Eilzel wrote:By the way Eds, to call someone stupid on a subject just because they din't agree with you is pretty low. Granted we both do it with others but you and I are friends. Regardless of when I have been baffled by things you say and views you express I've never called you stupid on anything (whatever I may have thought). So thanks for that.

Oh do stop being so precious & get over yourself.You sound like that prat Tim Farron.


Amd you stop being the shit stirring twat, you are knowing but an utter inane bore.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:12 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Eilzel wrote:You make it sound like I cannot comprehend how bad rape is. That is insulting.

Pretty much anyone would rather be alive than dead, however bad things got. And whatever our loved ones suffered we would rather they were here with us than not.

By that logic murder is worse than rape- to say otherwise is to say if someone has been raped they might as well be dead- which is a damning claim on rape victims.

No one says all religious people are bad- that is your lack of understanding.
No one, including Harris, says rape is not terrible- that is your misunderstanding.
Wishing someone to be raped is appalling.

You have NO idea the extent of suffering in this world that is caused by religious beliefs. Either because you have never looked or because you don't care.

Have you been raped? If the answer is no, then don't even try to pretend you understand. That is offensive.

Nor have you been persecuted because of religion. Being insulted for your sexuality by a person of faith is not the same as being imprisoned or executed.

So cry me a river, Les. You know nothing.


This coming from the idiot that went mental over gay marriage.
No of course homosexuals know nothing of persecution.

Twat

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:12 pm

How presumptuous of you two, to decide on wether a rape victim will "get over it"
And how presumptuous of you both to think that a child will ever get over a lifetime of rape.

In your eagerness to ban religion you haven't thought it all through.
That's why it's stupid.
Les I'm surprised at you, didge not so.

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39314
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Eilzel on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Zack, you have been raped then? If not then don't pretend you understand either, else be a hypocritical sheep.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:13 pm

eddie wrote:How presumptuous of you two, to decide on wether a rape victim will "get over it"
And how presumptuous of you both to think that a child will ever get over a lifetime of rape.

In your eagerness to ban religion you haven't thought it all through.
That's why it's stupid.
Les I'm surprised at you, didge not so.


How is it presumptious, or is it you being so?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Didge wrote:
Shady wrote:

Oh do stop being so precious & get over yourself.You sound like that prat Tim Farron.


Amd you stop being the shit stirring twat, you are knowing but an utter inane bore.

Do me a favour Cachulin & translate that into English.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Oh and for the record, didge, just because you're not fucking dead doesn't make rape "better" because you didn't die.

Stupid Ignorant dumbass

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39314
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Eilzel on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Did I say they would get over it? No. I said they'd rather not be dead. This is a fucking waste of time.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:16 pm

eddie wrote:Oh and for the record, didge,  just because you're not fucking dead doesn't make rape "better" because you didn't die.

Stupid Ignorant dumbass


Then why are not all rape victims also sucide victims, if life is of a lesser importance Eddie?

You presume too much and know nothing in regards to others.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:17 pm

Shady wrote:
Didge wrote:


Amd you stop being the shit stirring twat, you are knowing but an utter inane bore.

Do me a favour Cachulin & translate that into English.


Sorry I do not speak Cornish, you country bumpkins all speak crap.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:18 pm

eddie wrote:How presumptuous of you two, to decide on wether a rape victim will "get over it"
And how presumptuous of you both to think that a child will ever get over a lifetime of rape.

In your eagerness to ban religion you haven't thought it all through.
That's why it's stupid.
Les I'm surprised at you, didge not so.

Clearly Eddie,Cachulin & Eilzel are not aware of the hundreds of historical complaints of rape & other sexual offences being made by people well into their 40s & 50s & sometimes even older.

Amongst the many reasons why they made the complaints after so long?......Is because they haven't forgotten and haven't got over it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Eilzel wrote:By the way Eds, to call someone stupid on a subject just because they din't agree with you is pretty low. Granted we both do it with others but you and I are friends. Regardless of when I have been baffled by things you say and views you express I've never called you stupid on anything (whatever I may have thought). So thanks for that.

By the way Les, saying rape is better than death just because you've never witnessed it or had it happen to you and juts becasue you want to beat religion over the head is pretty low.

I don't think you're stupid, I think your blind and ignorant on this subject.

And insulting to rape victims!

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39314
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:19 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Did I say they would get over it? No. I said they'd rather not be dead. This is a fucking waste of time.

The fact remains that both of you condone rape for the sake of condemning religion.

Shame on you for dehumanising the victims of rape.


The fact is the Abrahamic religioons justify rape, child marriage, murder, gencoide.
So you tell me what is worse.
It is because of these beliefes that millions have suffered and are you telling me that without religion their lives would have been any worse.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:20 pm

Didge wrote:
Shady wrote:

Do me a favour Cachulin & translate that into English.


Sorry I do not speak Cornish, you country bumpkins all speak crap.

Try to keep calm.Then maybe you will be able to contribute positively to this conversation.

Deep breaths.......keep calm......close your eyes......breath out slowly.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:20 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:By the way Eds, to call someone stupid on a subject just because they din't agree with you is pretty low. Granted we both do it with others but you and I are friends. Regardless of when I have been baffled by things you say and views you express I've never called you stupid on anything (whatever I may have thought). So thanks for that.

By the way Les, saying rape is better than death just because you've never witnessed it or had it happen to you and juts becasue you want to beat religion over the head is pretty low.

I don't think you're stupid, I think your blind and ignorant on this subject.

And insulting to rape victims!


That is insulting to victims of the murder, genocide, child abuse, child marriage, slavery etc

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Eilzel on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:21 pm

Agreed didge.

They are coming at it from an entirely over emotional angle (granted rape is such a subject). No one in their right mind would say rape is as bad as beheading or stoning to death (or whatever other horrific murder). Rape is horrendous, but it is not worse than murder. I'm sure murder victims the world over would say so if such a thing were possible...

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought-Provoking Billboards for Sam Harris Events Rejected in Australia

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:21 pm

Shady wrote:
Didge wrote:


Sorry I do not speak Cornish, you country bumpkins all speak crap.

Try to keep calm.Then maybe you will be able to contribute positively to this conversation.

Deep breaths.......keep calm......close your eyes......breath out slowly.


You seem to think I am bothered by a country bumpkin, nmove along dummy, you are just a complete twat

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum