Sturgeon bids to reassure the waverers: ‘Trust me to always do the best for you’

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sturgeon bids to reassure the waverers: ‘Trust me to always do the best for you’

Post by feelthelove on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:41 pm

Shortly before Nicola Sturgeon delivered her big speech at the SNP conference, she swapped her Saltire-blue dress of earlier in the day for a scarlet one. It was a sign of the land grab into red territory that was to come.

“I don’t mind admitting I had high hopes when Jeremy Corbyn was elected,” Sturgeon told delegates at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre. “I don’t agree with him on everything. And I didn’t expect to convert him to the cause of independence – not immediately anyway – but I did hope he would change Labour. But so far Jeremy Corbyn isn’t changing Labour, he’s allowing Labour to change him.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/oct/17/snp-conference-dont-mention-independence-referendum

Queen of Smilies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturgeon bids to reassure the waverers: ‘Trust me to always do the best for you’

Post by eddie on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:21 pm

What does she mean by "labour changing him"?

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturgeon bids to reassure the waverers: ‘Trust me to always do the best for you’

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:13 pm

He seems to have retreated on all of his views and adopted the regular labour line on just about everything!!!

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top