Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:27 am

A majority of Labour voters do not believe Jeremy Corbyn should apologise for the Iraq War, a Survation poll for The Huffington Post UK can reveal.
The Labour leader has frequently said he would say sorry for the party’s role in the 2003 American-led invasion of the Middle East country in which dictator Saddam Hussain was toppled. The decision to back the war was hugely controversial at the time, and some in the Labour movement believe it tainted the legacy of their last period in office and the reputation of then-Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Although some allies of Mr Corbyn wanted him to use his first conference speech to make the landmark apology, HuffPost UK has been told that it was 'never the case' that he planned to do so. He will instead issue the apology 'in due course', but not in Brighton. The exclusive Survation poll shows that 53 per cent of Labour voters do not believe Mr Corbyn should apologise on behalf of the party for the decision to send British troops into war in Iraq. Just 32 per cent believe he should apologise, while 15 per cent did not know. Among voters from all parties, 31 per cent agreed that Mr Corbyn should apologise, with 47 per cent disagreeing, and 22 per cent not knowing. The survey also showed that just a third of Labour voters – 34 per cent - believe Mr Corbyn will win the next election, with 31 per cent not believing he can and 35 per cent did not know.


http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/27/iraq-jeremy-corbyn-labour-survey_n_8204366.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:41 am

now corbyns true colours will start to show

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2420
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:49 am

I don't think he should apologise either.

If he backed the invasion himself, he could apologise for that if he now thinks that it was a bad thing to do. He could also admit that it was dumb and that he didn't pay attention to the evidence or lack of it for WMD at the time. I don't see the point of him apologising for the entire party though.

He would do better to apologise for his lack of condemnation for the IRA, but only if he really is sorry. If he's not, then he's not fit to lead this country anyway.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29150
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:14 pm

he will crumble

corbyn is just like any other politician - a power hungry whore.

he is already facing defeat across the board on so many issues. It wouldnt be beyond the realms of possibility that corbyn is being used as a patsy

put corbyn in, let labour see him destory the party and soften them up for the real choice when it gets closer to the elections

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2420
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

Post by SEXY MAMA on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:32 pm

He has no reason to apologise!

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2630
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

Post by SEXY MAMA on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:33 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:he will crumble

corbyn is just like any other politician - a power hungry whore.

he is already facing defeat across the board on so many issues. It wouldnt be beyond the realms of possibility that corbyn is being used as a patsy

put corbyn in, let labour see him destory the party and soften them up for the real choice when it gets closer to the elections  

I think you are wrong. Surprise surprise!

He may be what Labour needs

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2630
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:43 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:he will crumble

corbyn is just like any other politician - a power hungry whore.

he is already facing defeat across the board on so many issues. It wouldnt be beyond the realms of possibility that corbyn is being used as a patsy

put corbyn in, let labour see him destory the party and soften them up for the real choice when it gets closer to the elections  

I think you are wrong. Surprise surprise!

He may be what Labour needs

no

he is what everyone else needs

labour is utterly finito with him at the helm

watch and see what happens in the coming years as we get closer to the election, corbyn has so many undesirable associates and has said so many terrible things in the past and all of them are no doubt marked and recorded by the tories who will drip feed them to the public.

it will be a massacre for labour under him




_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2420
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

Post by SEXY MAMA on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:00 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

I think you are wrong. Surprise surprise!

He may be what Labour needs

no

he is what everyone else needs

labour is utterly finito with him at the helm

watch and see what happens in the  coming years as we get closer to the election, corbyn has so many undesirable associates and has said so many terrible things in the past and all of them are no doubt marked and recorded by the tories who will drip feed them to the public.

it will be a massacre for labour under him




Lets wait and see.

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2630
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:05 pm

He's going to appeal to extreme lefties obviously, but what percentage of the population falls into that category?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29150
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

Post by eddie on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Isn't that why the titles were so delighted at him winning?
They know labour isn't getting in under that nut job

_________________
That was his gift, he filled you with words that you didn't know were there.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 31863
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:09 pm

eddie wrote:Isn't that why the titles were so delighted at him winning?
They know labour isn't getting in under that nut job

Yes. Do you mean Tories?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29150
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Should Not Apologise For The Iraq War, Say Labour Voters

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:32 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

no

he is what everyone else needs

labour is utterly finito with him at the helm

watch and see what happens in the  coming years as we get closer to the election, corbyn has so many undesirable associates and has said so many terrible things in the past and all of them are no doubt marked and recorded by the tories who will drip feed them to the public.

it will be a massacre for labour under him




Lets wait and see.

considering you were unaware of his support for the IRA and hezbollah and hamas (by the way) i would suggest that a few more unpleasant suprises lay in store

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2420
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum