Teenagers Who Smoke Cannabis Have Abnormal Brain Structures

Go down

Teenagers Who Smoke Cannabis Have Abnormal Brain Structures Empty Teenagers Who Smoke Cannabis Have Abnormal Brain Structures

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:12 pm

17th December 2013

In my experience - they're stupid lol

Teenagers who use cannabis regularly risk damaging their memory, scientists say – in turn leading to poor academic performance.

They believe the brain abnormalities last for ‘at least a few years’ after users have stopped taking the drug.

The researchers also said there was fresh evidence the habit may cause mental health problems in youngsters predisposed to schizophrenia.

Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug among adolescents in the UK, with more than four in ten admitting having taken it.

Almost 100 teenagers took part in the US research examining the effects of cannabis deep in the brain.

It found teenagers who smoked it daily for about three years had abnormal changes in the brain structures related to remembering and processing information and they performed poorly on memory tasks.

The brain abnormalities and memory problems were found on MRI scans when study participants were in their early twenties – two years after they had stopped smoking the drug.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2524536/Teenagers-smoke-cannabis-poor-memory-abnormal-brain-structures.html#ixzz2nkGofd3W

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Teenagers Who Smoke Cannabis Have Abnormal Brain Structures Empty Re: Teenagers Who Smoke Cannabis Have Abnormal Brain Structures

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:25 pm

Beekeeper wrote:tongue 

ANYBODY who selectively maintains the habit of smoking any type of weeds after trying them a couple of times more than likely had some form of abnormal brain structures before they started, anyway...

SO IT should seem to be more difficult, not easier, to differentiate that such abnormalities were caused by the smoking as time went on, from some of those there as a pre-condition, one could surmise..

I wonder if the occasional smoking of the beehives when opening and inspecting them changes their brain structures in any way ?   drunken

Do Ozzos really eat wallaby for breakfast?

Back to top Go down

Teenagers Who Smoke Cannabis Have Abnormal Brain Structures Empty Re: Teenagers Who Smoke Cannabis Have Abnormal Brain Structures

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:51 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:

can you get anymore uncouth, wallaby is clearly a dinner meat, what are you some kind of animal No No No

I am beginning to suspect you are not from this Hampton place (where ever that is) at all Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect

No self-respecting Billionaire would suggest Wallaby for Breakfast Question Question Question Even I am shocked by the vulgarity of the suggestion.
even Aboriginals have too much Culture to do that No No No No No You probably eating Cornflakes for Dinner, there is no way you can afford or would appreciate the refined taste of Wallaby meat.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:04 pm

veya_victaous wrote: 
£BILLION£ wrote:

can you get anymore uncouth, wallaby is clearly a dinner meat, what are you some kind of animal  No  No  No

I am beginning to suspect you are not from this Hampton place (where ever that is) at all  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

No self-respecting Billionaire would suggest Wallaby for Breakfast  Question QuestionQuestion Even I am shocked by the vulgarity of the suggestion.
even Aboriginals have too much Culture to do that  No NoNoNoNo  You probably eating Cornflakes for Dinner, there is no way you can afford or would appreciate the refined taste of Wallaby meat.

He's on about Hampstead Heath, where he says that he owns a mansion!  Suspect 

Hampstead Heath is very gay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:29 am

Teenagers Who Smoke Cannabis Have Abnormal Brain Structures

Isn't that the reason for smoking it in the first place? Sheesh

Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:16 am

Wouldn't be much fun if it has no effect. Doesn't alcohol do the same?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:47 am

Alcohol is worse  drunken drunken drunken 

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:08 pm

Cannabis, unlike alcohol and tabacco, is not addictive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Sassy wrote:Cannabis, unlike alcohol and tabacco, is not addictive.    
But some of the stuff that's going round today's a hundred times stronger than plain old weed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Teenagers Who Smoke Cannabis Have Abnormal Brain Structures 14760710

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:42 pm

Veritas wrote:
But some of the stuff that's going round today's a hundred times stronger than plain old weed.

I intend to be searching that shit out when i'm in a better financial situation, not for myself...IMO, it's horrible shit that interferes with my mind but for others it's very good for pain relief and doesn't have the same effect on the mind!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:45 pm

That shit makes me paranoid!

...The problem with smoking roll up's is that it can be sneaked past you at times...Very funny of course!...I'm wise to that now!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Veritas wrote:
Hi Veritas

That`s certainly what they say
but how true that actually is Is a matter of debate and perspective

weed is weed
compared to 20-30  years ago when it was mostly smuggled in it`s certainly a lot better
but i smoke weed every day all day have done for the past 30 years or more
mostly northern lights ,big bud ,c32 and do have a very high tolerance

but a hundred times stronger ..... i wish

Last edited by codemaster on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:49 am

Hi T...

Welcome. Glad to see you.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:38 am

codemaster wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Hi Veritas

That`s certainly what they say
but how true that actually is Is a matter of debate and perspective

weed is weed
compared to 20-30  years ago when it was mostly smuggled in it`s certainly a lot better
but i smoke weed every day all day have done for the past 30 years or more
mostly northern lights ,big bud ,c32 and do have a very high tolerance

but a hundred times stronger ..... i wish
Well not 100 times, but at least three times - I mean skunk.

http://www.talktofrank.com/story/weed-weed-skunk-different-ball-game

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum