Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:55 pm

Meat eaters should be treated like smokers, Labour's new shadow environment secretary has said.
Jeremy Corbyn's appointment of Kerry McCarthy, who is a vegan, to the post raised eyebrows given the job involves working with farmers. "I really believe that meat should be treated in exactly the same way as tobacco, with public campaigns to stop people eating it," she said. In an interview with vegan magazine Viva!life, McCarthy added: "Progress on animal welfare is being made at EU level … but in the end it comes down to not eating meat or dairy."
Explaining her veganism to Sky News last week, the Bristol West MP explained: "I don’t wear leather. I think what a lot of us do is just try to do the best that we can so I don’t eat dairy products, I don’t eat eggs, that’s the most defining thing I would say.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/24/treat-meat-eaters-like-smokers-says-shadow-environment-secretary_n_8188660.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers

Post by feelthelove on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Seriously?  Of course I am all for animal welfare but not eating meat or dairy should be a personal choice and certainly doesn't warrant a public campaign against it.

Surely there are more important things the shadow cabinet should be concentrating on rather than converting us all to vegans?  The more I read the more convinced I am that Corbyn and his shadow cabinet have no idea what the British public think, they are disconnected with what is important to the majority.

It's a joke

I was worried when Blair was voted in but this? Sad

Queen of Smilies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:40 pm

ok so they want to make cows and chickens and etc extinct
they are not wild animal they have no natural habitat and people don't/won't farm solely so the animal has some where to live.

people like this are too dumb for public office, animal welfare you mean mass extinction. it is the sort of logic you expect from an under 12 not an adult and definitely not one that is in public office.

I already though this Jeremy Corbyn seem like a complete Moron and everyday there seem to be more that proves it beyond doubt.
You guys are fucked, when the pig fucker seems like the better option Evil or Very Mad

I am an environmentalist, morons like this are just morons don't help anyone or anything since they don't even participate in the market for animal welfare. anyone that only buys free range etc does more for animal welfare than a vegetarian because they create an economic imperative for the farmer to improve the standards for the animals they raise.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:55 am

Bloody hell Veya, I agree with you.
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelthelove on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:08 pm

veya_victaous wrote:ok so they want to make cows and chickens and etc extinct
they are not wild animal they have no natural habitat and people don't/won't farm solely so the animal has some where to live.

people like this are too dumb for public office, animal welfare you mean mass extinction. it is the sort of logic you expect from an under 12 not an adult and definitely not one that is in public office.

I already though this Jeremy Corbyn seem like a complete Moron and everyday there seem to be more that proves it beyond doubt.
You guys are fucked, when the pig fucker seems like the better option Evil or Very Mad

I am an environmentalist, morons like this are just morons don't help anyone or anything since they don't even participate in the market for animal welfare. anyone that only buys free range etc does more for animal welfare than a vegetarian because they create an economic imperative for the farmer to improve the standards for the animals they raise.

Absolutely agree Veya, we've no hope have we? Sad  Have you got a spare room?  I can bake and I promise I'll bring lots of candy lol!

Queen of Smilies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:17 pm

I don't eat meat but this woman is off her rocker surely?

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelthelove on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:19 pm

eddie wrote:I don't eat meat but this woman is off her rocker surely?

Part of Corbyn's new Shadow Cabinet.................need I say more?

Queen of Smilies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:33 pm

feelthelove wrote:
eddie wrote:I don't eat meat but this woman is off her rocker surely?

Well it's beyond stupid?!
I dint eat meat but I cook it for my family and friends.

What's her problem? She can't enforce her beliefs as law.
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelthelove on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:43 pm

eddie wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Well it's beyond stupid?!
I dint eat meat but I cook it for my family and friends.

What's her problem? She can't enforce her beliefs as law.

She can't and these kinds of extreme views will put the final nails in Corbyn's campaign. How long has it been since he was elected leader of the Labour Party? They are destroying themselves from within Twisted Evil

Queen of Smilies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:12 pm

Kill all animals I say.They're dirty little bastards that shit & piss every where.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:45 pm

Shady wrote:Kill all animals I say.They're dirty little bastards that shit & piss every where.

Even Salty dog? The captain's loyal friend?
Woof!

Sad
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top