So what is everyone's idea of debate

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

My idea of debate is for different opinions to be discussed . I enjoy debating religion , evolution , fun and jokes , news items .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:36 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

Wrong again if i believe something such as seeing a miracle or receiving a healing becaus of my faith you cannot prove it didn't happen so you're wrong , I would exclude a lot of human beings from good company but we don't always get what we wish for do we .

who's talking about miracles?

your husbands claims are way more base than that. like English bible that is over a thousand years younger in more Christian than the Latin bible it was translated from.

Now if he lies about something so easy to check and confirm as untrue, how could anyone possible believe him when he says "miracle, but I have no proof"

Just because you post your proof up doesn't mean its right , you will get most thing debunked within seconds .

As for the miracles , I'm just giving you an example of my experience having received miracles and healing through my faith , you know the faith that you debunk . BUt you see you cannot prove it didn't happen.
Like i say just because you post something up as the 'truth' doesn't mean it is even if you post a million items there will always be someone who debunk them .

My husband doesn't lie but you won't believe that because you don't like him as his views are way different to your own , you're one of the members here that reply to the poster and not the post simply because you do not like those people . You do it to Tommy and Smelly_bandit and me because we speak against homosexuality and same sex marriage , we speak about our faith and we speak against refugees and moslems , that's called debate it doesn't mean we have to be rude does it , and yet you and others will quite freely start name calling and posting abusive replies . You know something , my husband and myself would never name call on here or be rude or abusive to anyone if we we received polite replies .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:56 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Nems wrote:

Don't be silly Veya, its my opinion that you are rude and ruled by a colonial mentality.
research that fuckface Razz Shocked bom

I am rude, i don't think i am ruled by a colonial mentality, you lot are all just insulated from reality that you don't rule the world anymore and are stuffed full of propaganda that you actually believe.

And research done.
From what Phil says Liverpool gurls like you know all about being fucked in the face


Phil says?! Phil says?
Did you wave goodbye to your credibility as it left? You berk. Do you agree with what Phil says about Ben and Eddie too?
You total total arse.
As I am not a Liverpool girl I don't know what they do or don't know.
I suppose at least we have clarified what you idea of research is, ask a mentally ill drunk.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Scouse girls rock. Believe me I know this. Well apart ffrom one bad experience they do, but that's another story. Scotland Road is a long road Laughing


_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:18 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Nems wrote:

Don't be silly Veya, its my opinion that you are rude and ruled by a colonial mentality.
research that fuckface Razz Shocked bom

I am rude, i don't think i am ruled by a colonial mentality, you lot are all just insulated from reality that you don't rule the world anymore and are stuffed full of propaganda that you actually believe.

And research done.
From what Phil says Liverpool gurls like you know all about being fucked in the face


That was an utterly pathetic thing to say.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29337
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by eddie on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:27 pm

Oh dear Veya.

You and nems can bash each other all you like, but why say "you lot"?
Do you mean the English?

Are you tarring us all with the same brush?
Are you being racist to the English?

You wouldn't though, would you?
Not after the way you preach and wail at posters for not treating all refugees fairly? How we are not allowed to judge them?

Really Veya? Are the English the only ones allowed to be bashed but woe betide if we should bash anyone else?
I wouldn't mind of you had the balls to say that about any and every other race.

But you don't.

Don't say it was a joke.
It really wasn't.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32189
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Scouse girls rock. Believe me I know this. Well apart ffrom one bad experience they do, but that's another story. Scotland Road is a long road Laughing

Lol was that the long walk home!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:35 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Scouse girls rock. Believe me I know this. Well apart ffrom one bad experience they do, but that's another story. Scotland Road is a long road Laughing


Hope you werent naked!

Hahahaha!

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2781
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:51 pm

eddie wrote:Oh dear Veya.

You and nems can bash each other all you like, but why say "you lot"?
Do you mean the English?

Are you tarring us all with the same brush?
Are you being racist to the English?

You wouldn't though, would you?
Not after the way you preach and wail at posters for not treating all refugees fairly? How we are not allowed to judge them?

Really Veya? Are the English the only ones allowed to be bashed but woe betide if we should bash anyone else?
I wouldn't mind of you had the balls to say that about any and every other race.

But you don't.

Don't say it was a joke.
It really wasn't.


Well Eddie Maybe if you read the posts I make about the USA Or Australia Or Saudi Arabia
then YOU FUCKING WELL WOULD!!!! This is why you lot are so pathetic You only notice slights to England, offhandedly slight everyone else and don't even fucking notice

by 'You lot' I mean the Racists including yourself that are so precious about England but then proceed to make English people look like selfish ignorant twats.

Sassy, Didge, Les and several others are not included, even Victor and Tommy at least try and give real reasons for their opposition.

But 'You lot' that are like I "Stop paying attention to dying toddlers, pay attention to my Feelings, you're ignoring my ignorant opinion that's based on nothing but feelings, My feelings are British and therefore more important than the life of a foreigner"
I am Sure I am not the only one that is getting sick of the whinging from people that are not interested in trying to solve problems and think they should be able to continue their way of life unaffected by the detrimental impact that way of life has on the rest of the world.


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16353
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:57 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh dear Veya.

You and nems can bash each other all you like, but why say "you lot"?
Do you mean the English?

Are you tarring us all with the same brush?
Are you being racist to the English?

You wouldn't though, would you?
Not after the way you preach and wail at posters for not treating all refugees fairly? How we are not allowed to judge them?

Really Veya? Are the English the only ones allowed to be bashed but woe betide if we should bash anyone else?
I wouldn't mind of you had the balls to say that about any and every other race.

But you don't.

Don't say it was a joke.
It really wasn't.


Well Eddie Maybe if you read the posts I make about the USA Or Australia Or Saudi Arabia
then YOU FUCKING WELL WOULD!!!!  This is why you lot are so pathetic You only notice slights to England, offhandedly slight everyone else and don't even fucking notice

by 'You lot' I mean the Racists including yourself that are so precious about England but then proceed to make English people look like selfish ignorant twats.

Sassy, Didge, Les and several others are not included, even Victor and Tommy at least try and give real reasons for their opposition.  

But 'You lot' that are like I "Stop paying attention to dying toddlers, pay attention to my Feelings, you're ignoring my ignorant opinion that's based on nothing but feelings, My feelings are British and therefore more important than the life of a foreigner"
I am Sure I am not the only one that is getting sick of the whinging from people that are not interested in trying to solve problems and think they should be able to continue their way of life unaffected by the detrimental impact that way of life has on the rest of the world.


I must say you're not doing much for the image of Australians, you're making them sound like a right bunch of self-righteous, ignorant prats.

You're the one who's always whining - about British people, or is it just English people now? You accusing anyone of "racism" is quite laughable really. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29337
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by sassy on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:00 am

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh dear Veya.

You and nems can bash each other all you like, but why say "you lot"?
Do you mean the English?

Are you tarring us all with the same brush?
Are you being racist to the English?

You wouldn't though, would you?
Not after the way you preach and wail at posters for not treating all refugees fairly? How we are not allowed to judge them?

Really Veya? Are the English the only ones allowed to be bashed but woe betide if we should bash anyone else?
I wouldn't mind of you had the balls to say that about any and every other race.

But you don't.

Don't say it was a joke.
It really wasn't.


Well Eddie Maybe if you read the posts I make about the USA Or Australia Or Saudi Arabia
then YOU FUCKING WELL WOULD!!!!  This is why you lot are so pathetic You only notice slights to England, offhandedly slight everyone else and don't even fucking notice

by 'You lot' I mean the Racists including yourself that are so precious about England but then proceed to make English people look like selfish ignorant twats.

Sassy, Didge, Les and several others are not included, even Victor and Tommy at least try and give real reasons for their opposition.  

But 'You lot' that are like I "Stop paying attention to dying toddlers, pay attention to my Feelings, you're ignoring my ignorant opinion that's based on nothing but feelings, My feelings are British and therefore more important than the life of a foreigner"
I am Sure I am not the only one that is getting sick of the whinging from people that are not interested in trying to solve problems and think they should be able to continue their way of life unaffected by the detrimental impact that way of life has on the rest of the world.


Gave you a greenie, the persistant whinging pisses me off too.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17436
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:03 am

The persistent whinging about Israel is a bit tedious ...

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29337
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by eddie on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:11 am

I think you'll find that I am split down the middle and don't know what to believe or think - on this topic and about a lot of others actually.
I don't think I whinge and I also think a lot of you seem very sweary and shouty and quick to point fingers.

It's fine that people want to stick labels on others, go ahead, it's your opinion.
I am extremely secure in my heart about how I feel and what I am; there's no pretence or double-standards to my confusion.

Remember, if you label others, you must label yourselves too.

What label are you?

Anyone?
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32189
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:01 am

eddie wrote:I think you'll find that I am split down the middle and don't know what to believe or think - on this topic and about a lot of others actually.
I don't think I whinge and I also think a lot of you seem very sweary and shouty and quick to point fingers.

It's fine that people want to stick labels on others, go ahead, it's your opinion.
I am extremely  secure in my heart about how I feel and what I am; there's no pretence or double-standards to my confusion.

Remember, if you label others, you must label yourselves too.

What label are you?

Anyone?

I havnt the faintest eddie...i mean enough have tried to stick a lable on me....

tommy thinks I'm to the left of stalin, quill thinks I'm to the right of hitler


but none have stuck....i defy labeling....

perhaps because I dare be a free thinker....

and also partly because i suspect they are quite aware, if not conciously, that my view of my fellow "humans" is somewht jaundiced....

I mean......I value my cat over most of the human race....

if anyone deliberately harmed him I'd exact a uniquely personal and painful and permanent retribution upon that person....

and if you think I'm nuts for that ...dont forget that a large % of the worlds population would do that to you for even "insulting" a feckin book FGS.....let alone harming one.....

kinda puts things into perspective huh?

but as for labels....dunno...I confuse even me......

someone once said to me on the old sky board..."i'd love to see inside your mind"

my reply was no...you wouldnt.....it would ruin your day, possibly your life, and certainly scar you for life.....see I try to "get inside " others minds...like brevik...not to absolve or excuse him...since that is not an option, there is no excuse....but to see what drives him ....to see what sort of mental process drives one so possessed...
stalin, the same and it is a shock to find that in reality these are not "deranged" minds at all.....these types are quite rational....their logic whilst warped to most is is still quite logical(and thats scary) whats worse is I can only conclude that most of us are in fact quite capable of being another brevik,stalin, pol pot etc....

I have talked with people in "secure units" people judged "criminally insane".... not a place for "delicate minds"

I have also however talked with some of the most noble people you could hope to meet (noble in terms of having the highest and most honourable principles ) including the Dalai lama
(who incidently introduced me to a concept, not uniquely his but that was new to me at the time, when I asked how he viewed the death penalty, he replied "consider a murderer and his victim....can you give life to the latter? no? then do not be too keen to take the life of the former......)

so in my head is a whole gamut from the depths of depravity to the highest nobility.....

NOW ...do you really want to "look in there"?

oh and BTW...yes ...I'm still sane.........i think..........gibber........


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:05 am

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh dear Veya.

You and nems can bash each other all you like, but why say "you lot"?
Do you mean the English?

Are you tarring us all with the same brush?
Are you being racist to the English?

You wouldn't though, would you?
Not after the way you preach and wail at posters for not treating all refugees fairly? How we are not allowed to judge them?

Really Veya? Are the English the only ones allowed to be bashed but woe betide if we should bash anyone else?
I wouldn't mind of you had the balls to say that about any and every other race.

But you don't.

Don't say it was a joke.
It really wasn't.


by 'You lot' I mean the Racists including yourself that are so precious about England but then proceed to make English people look like selfish ignorant twats.

But 'You lot' that are like I "Stop paying attention to dying toddlers, pay attention to my Feelings, you're ignoring my ignorant opinion that's based on nothing but feelings, My feelings are British and therefore more important than the life of a foreigner"

I am Sure I am not the only one that is getting sick of the whinging from people that are not interested in trying to solve problems and think they should be able to continue their way of life unaffected by the detrimental impact that way of life has on the rest of the world.


are you serious??

I have to say I first got to know eddie back on the old ADO forum in 2010. She is one of the nicest, fairest, relaxed, tolerant and non racist person I have met. Sometimes too nice and too fair even.

She also has never been a whinger in my opinion.

which posts of hers have been whinging or racist??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:10 am

gelico again wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:


by 'You lot' I mean the Racists including yourself that are so precious about England but then proceed to make English people look like selfish ignorant twats.

But 'You lot' that are like I "Stop paying attention to dying toddlers, pay attention to my Feelings, you're ignoring my ignorant opinion that's based on nothing but feelings, My feelings are British and therefore more important than the life of a foreigner"

I am Sure I am not the only one that is getting sick of the whinging from people that are not interested in trying to solve problems and think they should be able to continue their way of life unaffected by the detrimental impact that way of life has on the rest of the world.


are you serious??

I have to say I first got to know eddie back on the old ADO forum in 2010.  She is one of the nicest, fairest, relaxed, tolerant and non racist person I have met.  Sometimes too nice and too fair even.

She also has never been a whinger in my opinion.

which posts of hers have been whinging or racist??


to Veya...probably all of them, but thats because he's a kangaroo humping, sheep shagging, koala molesting sand guzzling ozzie Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:13 am

victorismyhero wrote:
eddie wrote:I think you'll find that I am split down the middle and don't know what to believe or think - on this topic and about a lot of others actually.
I don't think I whinge and I also think a lot of you seem very sweary and shouty and quick to point fingers.

It's fine that people want to stick labels on others, go ahead, it's your opinion.
I am extremely  secure in my heart about how I feel and what I am; there's no pretence or double-standards to my confusion.

Remember, if you label others, you must label yourselves too.

What label are you?

Anyone?

I havnt the faintest eddie...i mean enough have tried to stick a lable on me....

tommy thinks I'm to the left of stalin, quill thinks I'm to the right of hitler


but none have stuck....i defy labeling....

perhaps because I dare be a free thinker....

and also partly because i suspect they are quite aware, if not conciously, that my view of my fellow "humans" is somewht jaundiced....

I mean......I value my cat over most of the human race....

if anyone deliberately harmed him I'd exact a uniquely personal and painful and permanent retribution upon that person....

and if you think I'm nuts for that ...dont forget that a large % of the worlds population would do that to you for even "insulting" a feckin book FGS.....let alone harming one.....

kinda puts things into perspective huh?

but as for labels....dunno...I confuse even me......

someone once said to me on the old sky board..."i'd love to see inside your mind"

my reply was no...you wouldnt.....it would ruin your day, possibly your life, and certainly scar you for life.....see I try to "get inside " others minds...like brevik...not to absolve or excuse him...since that is not an option, there is no excuse....but to see what drives him ....to see what sort of mental process drives one so possessed...
stalin, the same and it is a shock to find that in reality these are not "deranged" minds at all.....these types are quite rational....their logic whilst warped to most is is still quite logical(and thats scary) whats worse is I can only conclude that most of us are in fact quite capable of being another brevik,stalin, pol pot  etc....

I have talked with people in "secure units" people judged "criminally insane"....   not a place for "delicate minds"

I have also however talked with some of the most noble people you could hope to meet (noble in terms of having the highest and most honourable principles ) including the Dalai lama
(who incidently introduced me to a concept, not uniquely his but that was new to me at the time, when I asked how he viewed the death penalty, he replied "consider a murderer and his victim....can you give life to the latter? no? then do not be too keen to take the life of the former......)

so in my head is a whole gamut from the depths of depravity to the highest nobility.....

NOW ...do you really want to "look in there"?

oh and BTW...yes ...I'm still sane.........i think..........gibber........



I try to "get inside " others minds...like brevik...not to absolve or excuse him...since that is not an option, there is no excuse....but to see what drives him ....to see what sort of mental process drives one so possessed...
stalin, the same and it is a shock to find that in reality these are not "deranged" minds at all.....these types are quite rational....their logic whilst warped to most is is still quite logical(and thats scary) whats worse is I can only conclude that most of us are in fact quite capable of being another brevik,stalin, pol pot  etc....



what a great post victor!  It is fascinating and scary

oh and BTW...yes ...I'm still sane.........i think..........gibber........

LOL!!  are you or have you been a psychologist worker, or something along those lines?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Fuzzy Zack on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:16 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Debates rarely prove anything.

Even in Science. Look at all the debates Stephen Hawkings has. Nothing is proved until the proof/truth is discovered. That's where the debate ends but not by its own means.


Of course you are going to say that because when religious people debate scientists they end up looking idiots.
The fact is religious people try to debate against facts, so debates are fundementally important in some aspects when people hold beliefs compared to facts. They are also important in polictics where sound reasoning based off facts are vital.
So debates are a very good tool in many aspects from philosophy to social aspects, as debates help solve many problems.
Debates have brought around ending clavery for example in this country, where they have helped shaped humanity with sound reasoning. They have brought women the vote and better rights. They have abolished the death penalty. Brought education to all children So to claim debates rarely prove anything is mistaken, because they prove that humanity can progress, where we can aplly methods like equality. Even more so show up how ridiculous certain beliefs are where even more it is beliefs that damage society. That is why more and more society has become secular, as its based on sound reasoning and not hocus pocus.

For once, try reading what I actually said and stop bringing your prejudice against religion into this.

I will take it slowly for you: I was referring to debates AMONGST scientists.

Going hysterically off-tangent is not impressing me at all.
avatar
Fuzzy Zack
The Japanese Lesbian Mermaid

Posts : 4187
Join date : 2014-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:21 am

victorismyhero wrote:
gelico again wrote:

are you serious??

I have to say I first got to know eddie back on the old ADO forum in 2010.  She is one of the nicest, fairest, relaxed, tolerant and non racist person I have met.  Sometimes too nice and too fair even.

She also has never been a whinger in my opinion.

which posts of hers have been whinging or racist??


to Veya...probably all of them, but thats because he's a kangaroo humping, sheep shagging, koala molesting sand guzzling ozzie Razz

i'm not sure what the above is exactly,,,

competitions that one enters? job specifications? or merely past times?

and are there local by-laws about this? licenses needed? etc,,,,

just curious

i'd like to visit oz so can't be too careful

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:26 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


Of course you are going to say that because when religious people debate scientists they end up looking idiots.
The fact is religious people try to debate against facts, so debates are fundementally important in some aspects when people hold beliefs compared to facts. They are also important in polictics where sound reasoning based off facts are vital.
So debates are a very good tool in many aspects from philosophy to social aspects, as debates help solve many problems.
Debates have brought around ending clavery for example in this country, where they have helped shaped humanity with sound reasoning. They have brought women the vote and better rights. They have abolished the death penalty. Brought education to all children So to claim debates rarely prove anything is mistaken, because they prove that humanity can progress, where we can aplly methods like equality. Even more so show up how ridiculous certain beliefs are where even more it is beliefs that damage society. That is why more and more society has become secular, as its based on sound reasoning and not hocus pocus.


Going hysterically off-tangent is not impressing me at all.

LOLOLOL!!! that reads so funny to me, zack

''Debates rarely prove anything.

Even in Science. Look at all the debates Stephen Hawkings has. Nothing is proved until the proof/truth is discovered. That's where the debate ends but not by its own means.''

i dont get the last bit







Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:30 am

I have always been described as an "empath" able to "understand" peoples emotions and motivation, even from an early age.

I could always "see why" some one behaved as they do, without necessarily allowing my own judgement to colour my interpretation of that...So although i could say that such and such an act is utterly wrong...I can also understand the thought processes and logic that led to that act.

So I developed an interest in psychology and "what makes people tick" i'm a "people watcher"

I got the unique opportunity to talk to some REALLY REALLY BAD people (or rather some people who had done some REALLY REALLY BAD things)whilst doing some voluntary work years ago for a "rights group" who provided a bit of "normality" for some inmates of a certain asylum....shudder.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:33 am

victorismyhero wrote:I have always been described as an "empath" able to "understand" peoples emotions and motivation, even from an early age.

I could always "see why" some one behaved as they do, without necessarily allowing my own judgement to colour my interpretation of that...So although i could say that such and such an act is utterly wrong...I can also understand the thought processes and logic that led to that act.

So I developed an interest in psychology and "what makes people tick" i'm a "people watcher"

I got the unique opportunity to talk to some REALLY REALLY BAD people (or rather some people who had done some REALLY REALLY BAD things)whilst doing some voluntary work years ago for a "rights group" who provided a bit of "normality" for some inmates of a certain asylum....shudder.....

oh do tell me more victor

i'm not expecting anyone's personal story as such but a brief outline

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:35 am

gelico again wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:


to Veya...probably all of them, but thats because he's a kangaroo humping, sheep shagging, koala molesting sand guzzling ozzie Razz

i'm not sure what the above is exactly,,,

competitions that one enters?  job specifications? or merely past times?

and are there local by-laws about this?  licenses needed? etc,,,,

just curious

i'd like to visit oz so can't be too careful


I'm not sure either Geli.....

I think there are licences involved, but I'm not sure...I do beleive the ozzies are reluctant to issue marriage licences to kangaroos and sheep (they still have problems with gay marriage licences so they find interspecies marriages a bit much.....you know how backwards these ex colonials can be...... Rolling Eyes )

I think sand guzzling is competitative....along with lager drinking and barbecue munching....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:37 am

gelico again wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh dear Veya.

You and nems can bash each other all you like, but why say "you lot"?
Do you mean the English?

Are you tarring us all with the same brush?
Are you being racist to the English?

You wouldn't though, would you?
Not after the way you preach and wail at posters for not treating all refugees fairly? How we are not allowed to judge them?

Really Veya? Are the English the only ones allowed to be bashed but woe betide if we should bash anyone else?
I wouldn't mind of you had the balls to say that about any and every other race.

But you don't.

Don't say it was a joke.
It really wasn't.


by 'You lot' I mean the Racists including yourself that are so precious about England but then proceed to make English people look like selfish ignorant twats.

But 'You lot' that are like I "Stop paying attention to dying toddlers, pay attention to my Feelings, you're ignoring my ignorant opinion that's based on nothing but feelings, My feelings are British and therefore more important than the life of a foreigner"

I am Sure I am not the only one that is getting sick of the whinging from people that are not interested in trying to solve problems and think they should be able to continue their way of life unaffected by the detrimental impact that way of life has on the rest of the world.


are you serious??

I have to say I first got to know eddie back on the old ADO forum in 2010.  She is one of the nicest, fairest, relaxed, tolerant and non racist person I have met.  Sometimes too nice and too fair even.

She also has never been a whinger in my opinion.

which posts of hers have been whinging or racist??

the ones where she said she didn't like the fact she had to hear other people having private conversations in another languages on the bus Rolling Eyes  
the ones where she says VOD and TM's opinion that all Muslims should die, should have Equal or Greater consideration than drowned toddlers.


Ask Sassy Didge and Quill if they think she is fair  Wink   she is pretty tolerant  Rolling Eyes


And Victor has to be one of the only Brits that can 'take the piss' properly Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes So I'll let the Bunny Bashing British Bumpkin get away with the racist slurs pirat pirat pirat tongue tongue tongue tongue

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16353
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:45 am

gelico again wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:I have always been described as an "empath" able to "understand" peoples emotions and motivation, even from an early age.

I could always "see why" some one behaved as they do, without necessarily allowing my own judgement to colour my interpretation of that...So although i could say that such and such an act is utterly wrong...I can also understand the thought processes and logic that led to that act.

So I developed an interest in psychology and "what makes people tick" i'm a "people watcher"

I got the unique opportunity to talk to some REALLY REALLY BAD people (or rather some people who had done some REALLY REALLY BAD things)whilst doing some voluntary work years ago for a "rights group" who provided a bit of "normality" for some inmates of a certain asylum....shudder.....

oh do tell me more victor

i'm not expecting anyone's personal story as such but a brief outline

sorry geli...I cant....it was made plain...and rightly so ...........that i am bound by the same rules of "confidentiality " as everyone else involved in these peoples care....considering the uniquness of what they had done i would say it would be impossibbe to say virtually anything without giving away some clue as to an individuals identity....

just lets say I had to stop after 2 years of it.........seriously ...its bad medicine......and I'm tough....i mean really mentally tough.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:50 am

veya_victaous wrote:
gelico again wrote:

are you serious??

I have to say I first got to know eddie back on the old ADO forum in 2010.  She is one of the nicest, fairest, relaxed, tolerant and non racist person I have met.  Sometimes too nice and too fair even.

She also has never been a whinger in my opinion.

which posts of hers have been whinging or racist??

the ones where she said she didn't like the fact she had to hear other people having private conversations in another languages on the bus Rolling Eyes  
the ones where she says VOD and TM's opinion that all Muslims should die, should have Equal or Greater consideration than drowned toddlers.


Ask Sassy Didge and Quill if they think she is fair  Wink   she is pretty tolerant  Rolling Eyes


And Victor has to be one of the only Brits that can 'take the piss' properly Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  So I'll let the Bunny Bashing British Bumpkin get away with the racist slurs pirat pirat pirat tongue tongue tongue tongue

yeah ? well there you see whats wrong with your "assylum for all" ideal......all those immigrant rabbits.....and they are eating you out of house and home....hell you even errected miles of fencing to keep em under control...didnt work though did it......they threw soil at you and burrowed under...you had to resort to bio warfare to control them...and even thats not really working is it? Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:05 am

veya_victaous wrote:
gelico again wrote:

are you serious??

I have to say I first got to know eddie back on the old ADO forum in 2010.  She is one of the nicest, fairest, relaxed, tolerant and non racist person I have met.  Sometimes too nice and too fair even.

She also has never been a whinger in my opinion.

which posts of hers have been whinging or racist??

the ones where she said she didn't like the fact she had to hear other people having private conversations in another languages on the bus Rolling Eyes  

there is NO such animal as a "private conversation" on a bus...really...legaly there can be no expectaion of privacy in a "public place"
and although the individual does not have the "privilidge of government" it could be argued that talking in a foreign tongue is equivalent to "encrypting" messages sent via the phone or radio (which is illegal unless you hand over the key to the govt) (the internet is some what different...why I dont know it just is)



the ones where she says VOD and TM's opinion that all Muslims should die, should have Equal or Greater consideration than drowned toddlers.

I dont know what you mean by consideration...but certainly they have the right to that opinion ...AND (by extension) the right to promulgate that opinion, as wrong or unpopular as that opinion may be....

" I may not agree with what a man says, but I'll defend to the death his right to say it"

ascribed (wrongly) to Voltaire



Ask Sassy Didge and Quill if they think she is fair  Wink   she is pretty tolerant  Rolling Eyes


And Victor has to be one of the only Brits that can 'take the piss' properly Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  So I'll let the Bunny Bashing British Bumpkin get away with the racist slurs pirat pirat pirat tongue tongue tongue tongue


Last edited by victorismyhero on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:08 am

victorismyhero wrote:
gelico again wrote:

oh do tell me more victor

i'm not expecting anyone's personal story as such but a brief outline

sorry geli...I cant....it was made plain...and rightly so ...........that i am bound by the same rules of "confidentiality " as everyone else involved in these peoples care....considering the uniquness of what they had done i would say it would be impossibbe to say virtually anything without giving away some clue as to an individuals identity....

just lets say I had to stop after 2 years of it.........seriously ...its bad medicine......and I'm tough....i mean really mentally tough.....


fair play victor x

for all it's horrors though - you must have so much insight and even more empathy than as a child.

i like to explore mindsets/motives/perceptions - sometimes it's freaky to know you can understand a motives like brevik, regardless of the fact that the act itself was evil, what was the root of that evil act of his? at what point did it start? what were his first and subsequent thoughts that culminated in that horrific act? how did these thoughts develop? his perception of his countrymen/politicians and everything else involved.

mental asylum for folk who have also committed really bad things,,,,,for two years,,,,different stories though,,,

not so surprised that at some point you have to walk away

i remember my dad saying that he knew someone who said (about psychiatrists) ''course, you know they're all actually mad? No psychiatrist is ever sane''


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:16 am

yeah we should deport all these Migrant British rabbits back to the UK Rolling Eyes Razz Razz Razz you wont be able to miss then

And If you want to marry a sheep you do the same thing as gay marriage, just take a trip to New Zealand.

although the British migrant (Abbott) has been overthrown, Turnbull being Aussie is much more reasonable and no where near as willing to bend over for Murdoch. So changes may occur sooner rather than later.

Also koala molesting and Kangaroo humping is just what we tell British tourist looking for an 'authentic experience' surprising how many of you are up for it Shocked Shocked Shocked

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16353
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:21 am

yup geli...they recon te psychs that worked there had to move on at regular intervals, because if they didnt they would be joining the inmates affraid

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:27 am

one thing I can tell you is ...one of the inmates was genuinely surprised that society had decided to lock him up, he was quiet convinced that he was right to have done what he had....and was very plausible in his argumets and logic.....and he thought that in fact WE were all irretrievably bonkers......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:28 am

veya_victaous wrote:
gelico again wrote:

are you serious??

I have to say I first got to know eddie back on the old ADO forum in 2010.  She is one of the nicest, fairest, relaxed, tolerant and non racist person I have met.  Sometimes too nice and too fair even.

She also has never been a whinger in my opinion.

which posts of hers have been whinging or racist??

the ones where she said she didn't like the fact she had to hear other people having private conversations in another languages on the bus Rolling Eyes  

but veya, that's is just expressing her own feelings or opinions - how is it racist or whingy?
you could say it's no one's business and you would be right but that doesn't mean it's racist to say you don't particularly like it or you find it irritating or whatever.

personally, i used to get irritated at seeing mums picking up their kids from school and having parked on the zigzags right outside the school they then mooch slowly back to the car always on a mobile phone with the kid trailing along trying to get mum's attention to show her something they had done at school only to be ignored. It used to really grind my gears did that but I am not against mums nor phones nor cars. Again that is none of my business but I don't consider myself to be whinging by expressing that


the ones where she says VOD and TM's opinion that all Muslims should die, should have Equal or Greater consideration than drowned toddlers.

what does that even mean?

well, i stand by what i said about her

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:33 am

victorismyhero wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

the ones where she said she didn't like the fact she had to hear other people having private conversations in another languages on the bus Rolling Eyes  

there is NO such animal as a "private conversation" on a bus...really...legaly there can be no expectaion of privacy in a "public place"
and although the individual does not have the "privilidge of government" it could be argued that talking in a foreign tongue is equivalent to "encrypting" messages sent via the phone or radio (which is illegal unless you hand over the key to the govt) (the internet is some what different...why I dont know it just is)


it is a public key victor you can learn another language Wink So not only can the gov't have it, You can too If you care so much about listening to other people on the bus. BUT You do not have a "Right to Expect to be able to Eavesdrop on other people" in public or not.


the ones where she says VOD and TM's opinion that all Muslims should die, should have Equal or Greater consideration than drowned toddlers.

I dont know what you mean by consideration...but certainly they have the right to that opinion ...AND (by extension) the right to promulgate that opinion, as wrong or unpopular as that opinion may be....

" I may not agree with what a man says, but I'll defend to the death his right to say it"

ascribed (wrongly) to Voltaire



And we can (and have) consider that opinion, find it faulty/poor/undesirable for good reasons and Utilize our own right to an opinion to state that those that think having to hear other accents is of the same impact as escaping civil war are Stupid cowardly racists.
there is point when people are promoting hatred for no reason.
So you would defend to the death Hitler's Right to Call for the annihilation of the Jews? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
~Edmund Burke



Ask Sassy Didge and Quill if they think she is fair  Wink   she is pretty tolerant  Rolling Eyes


And Victor has to be one of the only Brits that can 'take the piss' properly Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  So I'll let the Bunny Bashing British Bumpkin get away with the racist slurs pirat pirat pirat tongue tongue tongue tongue

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16353
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:42 am

veya_victaous wrote:yeah we should deport all these Migrant British rabbits back to the UK Rolling Eyes Razz Razz Razz  you wont be able to miss then

And If you want to marry a sheep you do the same thing as gay marriage, just take a trip to New Zealand.  

although the British migrant (Abbott) has been overthrown, Turnbull being Aussie is much more reasonable and no where near as willing to bend over for Murdoch. So changes may occur sooner rather than later.

Also koala molesting and Kangaroo humping is just what we tell British tourist looking for an 'authentic experience' surprising how many of you are up for it:shock: Shocked Shocked

brilliant! lol! lol! cheers

so did Abbott dress up in kangaroo/koala/sheep outfits on a sort of rota basis while bending over for Murdoch? or did Murdoch dress up?  or both?

with them leading by example it's no wonder things are said to get a bit dicey over there

i'm still chuckling at that last bit of yours,,,,


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:48 am

So you would defend to the death Hitler's Right to Call for the annihilation of the Jews?

I'm not quite sure which post of vod/TM you mean, veya as I haven't seen it but did they ''call for the annihilation'' of the Muslims? if they are inciting others to violence by doing that then it is a criminal offence over here.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:02 am

gelico again wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
gelico again wrote:

are you serious??

I have to say I first got to know eddie back on the old ADO forum in 2010.  She is one of the nicest, fairest, relaxed, tolerant and non racist person I have met.  Sometimes too nice and too fair even.

She also has never been a whinger in my opinion.

which posts of hers have been whinging or racist??

the ones where she said she didn't like the fact she had to hear other people having private conversations in another languages on the bus Rolling Eyes  

but veya, that's is just expressing her own feelings or opinions - how is it racist or whingy?
you could say it's no one's business and you would be right but that doesn't mean it's racist to say you don't particularly like it or you find it irritating or whatever.

YES IT IS RACIST, thinking you have a right to communicate in YOUR choice Language but Someone of another race doesn't Is Racist, fair argument may be made for someone employed in a job that requires public communication needs to speak the local language.

But Being Racist is the only way you could be so sensitive to the sound of a foreigner, that someone's private conversation on the bus is enough of a reason to think denying peaceful people the freedom to talk to each other in the language they can best communicate with each other in, is an acceptable position. The Ideal of secular freedom boils down to being able to do things that don't hurt anyone else, them talking in another language is not hurting eddie, so to complain is to complain that another race has the same freedom she has.  


personally, i used to get irritated at seeing mums picking up their kids from school and having parked on the zigzags right outside the school they then mooch slowly back to the car always on a mobile phone with the kid trailing along trying to get mum's attention to show her something they had done at school only to be ignored. It used to really grind my gears did that but I am not against mums nor phones nor cars.  Again that is none of my business but I don't consider myself to be whinging by expressing that


Not the same, are they hurting someone? Yes the child.
And have you then said this is a reason to Stop all Mum's driving? Cause Eddie suggested that it was a reason to stop immigration


the ones where she says VOD and TM's opinion that all Muslims should die, should have Equal or Greater consideration than drowned toddlers.

what does that even mean?

It means that a pro genocide opinion based on ignorance IS not equal to the opinion they we should try and save lives.
She said we can't ignore VOD or TM's opinion but she quite happy to ignore people dying because you cant entertain their opinion with out human suffering and death.
IF we ignore VOD and TM they just have to grow up a little bit and stop being so hateful, we ignore the people trying to escape ISIS and they become corpses..
It is reasonable to call someone a Selfish twat if they think someone else should die so they don't have a minor inconvenience  


well, i stand by what i said about her


Abbot Probably did dress up Although he can reasonable pass for Gollum from lord of the rings without much effort

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16353
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:03 am

gelico again wrote:So you would defend to the death Hitler's Right to Call for the annihilation of the Jews?

I'm not quite sure which post of vod/TM you mean, veya  as I haven't seen it but did they ''call for the annihilation'' of the Muslims?  if they are inciting others to violence by doing that then it is a criminal offence over here.  

that is the response to Victor's
" I may not agree with what a man says, but I'll defend to the death his right to say it"
Countered by Edmund Burke (disputed) "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
it was the point used to get the USA to fight the Nazis, it is also reportedly what Oskar Schindler said when Asked why he did what he did.
http://ww2db.com/person_bio.php?person_id=504


https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Edmund_Burke
Burke has may quotes that are relevant
Men are qualified for civil liberty in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their own appetites, — in proportion as their love to justice is above their rapacity, — in proportion as their soundness and sobriety of understanding is above their vanity and presumption, — in proportion as they are more disposed to listen to the counsels of the wise and good, in preference to the flattery of knaves.
Listening to fools is not a good basis for civil liberties.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16353
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by eddie on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:25 am

victorismyhero wrote:
eddie wrote:I think you'll find that I am split down the middle and don't know what to believe or think - on this topic and about a lot of others actually.
I don't think I whinge and I also think a lot of you seem very sweary and shouty and quick to point fingers.

It's fine that people want to stick labels on others, go ahead, it's your opinion.
I am extremely  secure in my heart about how I feel and what I am; there's no pretence or double-standards to my confusion.

Remember, if you label others, you must label yourselves too.

What label are you?

Anyone?

I havnt the faintest eddie...i mean enough have tried to stick a lable on me....

tommy thinks I'm to the left of stalin, quill thinks I'm to the right of hitler


but none have stuck....i defy labeling....

perhaps because I dare be a free thinker....

and also partly because i suspect they are quite aware, if not conciously, that my view of my fellow "humans" is somewht jaundiced....

I mean......I value my cat over most of the human race....

if anyone deliberately harmed him I'd exact a uniquely personal and painful and permanent retribution upon that person....

and if you think I'm nuts for that ...dont forget that a large % of the worlds population would do that to you for even "insulting" a feckin book FGS.....let alone harming one.....

kinda puts things into perspective huh?

but as for labels....dunno...I confuse even me......

someone once said to me on the old sky board..."i'd love to see inside your mind"

my reply was no...you wouldnt.....it would ruin your day, possibly your life, and certainly scar you for life.....see I try to "get inside " others minds...like brevik...not to absolve or excuse him...since that is not an option, there is no excuse....but to see what drives him ....to see what sort of mental process drives one so possessed...
stalin, the same and it is a shock to find that in reality these are not "deranged" minds at all.....these types are quite rational....their logic whilst warped to most is is still quite logical(and thats scary) whats worse is I can only conclude that most of us are in fact quite capable of being another brevik,stalin, pol pot  etc....

I have talked with people in "secure units" people judged "criminally insane"....   not a place for "delicate minds"

I have also however talked with some of the most noble people you could hope to meet (noble in terms of having the highest and most honourable principles ) including the Dalai lama
(who incidently introduced me to a concept, not uniquely his but that was new to me at the time, when I asked how he viewed the death penalty, he replied "consider a murderer and his victim....can you give life to the latter? no? then do not be too keen to take the life of the former......)

so in my head is a whole gamut from the depths of depravity to the highest nobility.....

NOW ...do you really want to "look in there"?

oh and BTW...yes ...I'm still sane.........i think..........gibber........



I think I'm slot like you in my thinking
I refuse a label and I sit neither right nor left - or sometimes a bit if both....or neither!

I certainly don't need to prove how "un" I am about everything!
Let people call me names and give me titles and give me an "ist" or an "ic"

Who cares? I know what I am and thankfully, so do all my fellow free-thinkers.


Last edited by eddie on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32189
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by eddie on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:30 am

gelico again wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh dear Veya.

You and nems can bash each other all you like, but why say "you lot"?
Do you mean the English?

Are you tarring us all with the same brush?
Are you being racist to the English?

You wouldn't though, would you?
Not after the way you preach and wail at posters for not treating all refugees fairly? How we are not allowed to judge them?

Really Veya? Are the English the only ones allowed to be bashed but woe betide if we should bash anyone else?
I wouldn't mind of you had the balls to say that about any and every other race.

But you don't.

Don't say it was a joke.
It really wasn't.


by 'You lot' I mean the Racists including yourself that are so precious about England but then proceed to make English people look like selfish ignorant twats.

But 'You lot' that are like I "Stop paying attention to dying toddlers, pay attention to my Feelings, you're ignoring my ignorant opinion that's based on nothing but feelings, My feelings are British and therefore more important than the life of a foreigner"

I am Sure I am not the only one that is getting sick of the whinging from people that are not interested in trying to solve problems and think they should be able to continue their way of life unaffected by the detrimental impact that way of life has on the rest of the world.


are you serious??

I have to say I first got to know eddie back on the old ADO forum in 2010.  She is one of the nicest, fairest, relaxed, tolerant and non racist person I have met.  Sometimes too nice and too fair even.

She also has never been a whinger in my opinion.

which posts of hers have been whinging or racist??

Thank you Gels, nice of you to say x

I barely took in what Veya said, he lost his temper and got all shouty.
I see what he says about certain races and to me, that's racist.

It's funny, because the two biggest fighters of racism on here are actually pretty racist.

Now that's irony!
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32189
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by eddie on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:33 am

victorismyhero wrote:I have always been described as an "empath" able to "understand" peoples emotions and motivation, even from an early age.

I could always "see why" some one behaved as they do, without necessarily allowing my own judgement to colour my interpretation of that...So although i could say that such and such an act is utterly wrong...I can also understand the thought processes and logic that led to that act.

So I developed an interest in psychology and "what makes people tick" i'm a "people watcher"

I got the unique opportunity to talk to some REALLY REALLY BAD people (or rather some people who had done some REALLY REALLY BAD things)whilst doing some voluntary work years ago for a "rights group" who provided a bit of "normality" for some inmates of a certain asylum....shudder.....


Vic I am EXACTLY that way, your first two paragraphs describe me to a T.

That's why I can always forgive, becaeue I see inside of people and why they do or say the things they say, and it's also why I rarely get wound up by insults; they're wasted on me.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32189
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:45 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


Of course you are going to say that because when religious people debate scientists they end up looking idiots.
The fact is religious people try to debate against facts, so debates are fundementally important in some aspects when people hold beliefs compared to facts. They are also important in polictics where sound reasoning based off facts are vital.
So debates are a very good tool in many aspects from philosophy to social aspects, as debates help solve many problems.
Debates have brought around ending clavery for example in this country, where they have helped shaped humanity with sound reasoning. They have brought women the vote and better rights. They have abolished the death penalty. Brought education to all children So to claim debates rarely prove anything is mistaken, because they prove that humanity can progress, where we can aplly methods like equality. Even more so show up how ridiculous certain beliefs are where even more it is beliefs that damage society. That is why more and more society has become secular, as its based on sound reasoning and not hocus pocus.

For once, try reading what I actually said and stop bringing your prejudice against religion into this.

I will take it slowly for you: I was referring to debates AMONGST scientists.

Going hysterically off-tangent is not impressing me at all.


Seriously I am starting to laugh at what a pathetic little immature idiot that you are.
You claimed in your first point debates rarely prove anything so when I show you are of course in error as many debates have helped progress society you try and worm your way out of looking a complete dingleberry lol


Lets read what you said

Debates rarely prove anything.

Even in Science.


Two seperate points ha ha ha ha ha ha


That means you are talking about all debates, not just science.
You just made an emphasis on science as a particular debate by saying "even in" lol
That means you clearly meant all debates.

Doh

Its really too easy for me to show why you are a complete idiot ha ha ha ha



Do you need a little hug, now you are crying again after I have shown you up again?

So are you now going to retract your first claim, being as its very much in error or actually debate and counter my points Twiggy?

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:06 am

Raggamuffin wrote:The persistent whinging about Israel is a bit tedious ...

agree .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: So what is everyone's idea of debate

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:57 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh dear Veya.

You and nems can bash each other all you like, but why say "you lot"?
Do you mean the English?

Are you tarring us all with the same brush?
Are you being racist to the English?

You wouldn't though, would you?
Not after the way you preach and wail at posters for not treating all refugees fairly? How we are not allowed to judge them?

Really Veya? Are the English the only ones allowed to be bashed but woe betide if we should bash anyone else?
I wouldn't mind of you had the balls to say that about any and every other race.

But you don't.

Don't say it was a joke.
It really wasn't.


Well Eddie Maybe if you read the posts I make about the USA Or Australia Or Saudi Arabia
then YOU FUCKING WELL WOULD!!!!  This is why you lot are so pathetic You only notice slights to England, offhandedly slight everyone else and don't even fucking notice

by 'You lot' I mean the Racists including yourself that are so precious about England but then proceed to make English people look like selfish ignorant twats.

Sassy, Didge, Les and several others are not included, even Victor and Tommy at least try and give real reasons for their opposition.  

But 'You lot' that are like I "Stop paying attention to dying toddlers, pay attention to my Feelings, you're ignoring my ignorant opinion that's based on nothing but feelings, My feelings are British and therefore more important than the life of a foreigner"
I am Sure I am not the only one that is getting sick of the whinging from people that are not interested in trying to solve problems and think they should be able to continue their way of life unaffected by the detrimental impact that way of life has on the rest of the world.



Good evening Veya.

You dirty fucking racist.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum