Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:35 am

During a lively discussion about Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis, HBO’s Real Time host Bill Maher said there is no difference between what the anti-gay government worker is doing —using the Bible instead of settled law to deny marriage licenses to same-sex couples — and extremist Sharia law. “If you say, as Kim Davis and her ilk, and Ted Cruz and all those people say that actually ‘I can ignore the rule of man because the rule book of God said’ —  then you are Iran. Then you are Saudi Arabia. Then you are Sharia law,” Maher explained.





http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/bill-maher-when-kim-davis-uses-gods-rule-book-to-deny-same-sex-marriage-its-the-same-as-sharia-law/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:41 am

Di Imam's get jailed then for using the law of allah ??

Basically he is saying that Christians believe that God is against homosexuality is the same as shariah saying kill them for being gay .
If they actually think those two things are the same they're bigger idiots than even i thought .


Last edited by Vicar Of Dibley on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:48 am

I see Dibs misses the point again
No religious beliefs should supersede the law, no mater if Islamic or Christian.
So Dibs do you place your mythical God's laws over British Law?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:01 am

it hasnt superceded the the law

the law garuntees religious freedoms

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon

smelly-bandit

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:04 am

Cuchulain wrote:I see Dibs misses the point again
No religious beliefs should supersede the law, no mater if Islamic or Christian.
So Dibs do you place your mythical God's laws over British Law?

Until you ask me a question with respect i won't be answering you're an ignoramus.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:07 am

smelly-bandit wrote:it hasnt superceded the the law

the law garuntees religious freedoms


Hee Hee some people are very simple minded.

The law does guarantee religious freedoms, but does the law back imposing religious beliefs on others?

Take your time Dutchman

Do you understand the difference Dutchman

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:08 am

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:I see Dibs misses the point again
No religious beliefs should supersede the law, no mater if Islamic or Christian.
So Dibs do you place your mythical God's laws over British Law?

Until you ask me a question with respect i won't be answering you're an ignoramus.

Copout alert

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:26 am

religious freedom means you are allowed to hold to the religious obligations of your faith and practice those obligations in private and public

as far as i can tell the only people having something forced on them are the religious ones, since they are being forced to abandon their beliefs and do something that goes against their conscience.

of course no amount of religious restriction or persecution is too much for some people. hell some folks love it when religious peope have their rights trampled


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon

smelly-bandit

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:35 am

smelly-bandit wrote:religious freedom means you are allowed to hold to the religious obligations of your faith and practice those obligations in private and public

as far as i can tell the only people having something forced on them are the religious ones, since they are being forced to abandon their beliefs and do something that goes against their conscience.

of course no amount of religious restriction or persecution is too much for some people. hell some folks love it when religious people have their rights trampled


Everything you say is true .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:39 am

smelly-bandit wrote:religious freedom means you are allowed to hold to the religious obligations of your faith and practice those obligations in private and public
Wrong, not when it conflicts with the law, of which in this case it does

as far as i can tell the only people having something forced on them are the religious ones, since they are being forced to abandon their beliefs and do something that goes against their conscience.
Incorrect again, as she is a Government official, they have to swear an oath to uphold the law. The law allows for gay marriage. If this conflicts with her beliefs, then she needs to request a transfer to a different area within the state department

of course no amount of religious restriction or persecution is too much for some people. hell some folks love it when religious peope have their rights trampled


Oh here we go so now its religious persecution for a religious person breaking the law of which she religiously swore an oath to uphold the law. Nothing more absurd than religious people claiming their views should supersede the law, even though there is zero scientific evidence that such a barbaric God exist.

I mean what next, those who hold racist beliefs, which again has no scientific evidence, but where Christian fanatics have used their faith to be racist and discriminate against others. Not based on sound reasoning but they believe the views of multiple writers of a book 2000 years old. It really shows how out of touch with reality some religious people are.

The irony as mentioned in the video.
The Christian here claims persecution, when it was she persecuting homosexual couples for having the equal right to marry.
Then claims bigotry, when it is she being bigoted.
She claims discrimination, when it was she who discriminated against homosexuals.
What she fails to grasp is that all people should have equality under the law.
She is breaking the law.
Thus she has no case to claim discrimination. If her beliefs clash with the law, then its her responsibility to find work that is not going to conflict with the law
The worst thing about her tantrum here, is that she is really against two consenting adults being in love being able under law, like she has the right to do and marry.
It is she trying to impose her beliefs, of which again are born from 2000 year old bigotry written by bigoted men


Last edited by Cuchulain on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:45 am

Like i said

Some people won't bat an eyelid when religious views are trampled

The justification will be found ,cobbled together, broken to fit and if none of the above work ,fabricated altogether

Too bad these people are too cowardly to just come out and say "fuck religious beliefs" ,its how they feel after all



_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon

smelly-bandit

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:50 am

smelly-bandit wrote:Like i said

Some people won't bat an eyelid when religious views are trampled
The justification will be found ,cobbled together, broken to fit and if none of the above work ,fabricated altogether

Too bad these people are too cowardly to just come out and say "fuck religious beliefs" ,its how they feel after all



But do those religious views have a right to be imposed onto others?
The simple answer is no
So clearly Dutchman you back the right of an extremist Muslim to kill you, as you are a Christian based on their beliefs?
You also then back respecting ISIS to enslave and rape children based on their beliefs then?
You also back and respect the right for Wahhabist Muslims in your area to impose sharia criminal law?
These are religious beliefs Dutchman held by some Muslims.

I mean i could continue here to show beliefs is not a sound reason to discriminate against people, when they are based on bigotry, prejudice, hate etc..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:55 am

Cuchulain wrote:I see Dibs misses the point again
No religious beliefs should supersede the law, no mater if Islamic or Christian.
So Dibs do you place your mythical God's laws over British Law?

Agreed.

Though I do bive you have become a bit extremist these days Didge!

_________________
Whoever is kind, Allah will be kind to him; therefore be kind to man on the earth. He who is in heaven will show mercy on you.”

Prophet Mohammed PBUH
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2362
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:07 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:I see Dibs misses the point again
No religious beliefs should supersede the law, no mater if Islamic or Christian.
So Dibs do you place your mythical God's laws over British Law?

Agreed.

Though I do bive you have become a bit extremist these days Didge!

How Sexy?
My views are based on sound reasoning and the rationalization on morals and ethics.
Where I believe in everyone have equal rights under the law.
We know it is wrong to discriminate against people based on prejudice, because we know we would not like to be treated this way. In religions you find religious beliefs that are prejudiced, which every religious person has a right to either believe or not believe. What they do not have a right to do is impose those beliefs. Even moire so when these beliefs are based on a claim to a divine being which has no evidence. Where then one religious belief states another religious belief is wrong based again on no evidence and just faith. Its not me who is extreme Sexy. I will just very much be vocal where religious people try to impose their beliefs. I have no issue with personal religious belief. Sadly to many people try to impose religious beliefs, which occurs mainly from prejudiced beliefs. I believe you have every right to be treated equally under the law.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:11 am

Cuchulain wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Agreed.

Though I do bive you have become a bit extremist these days Didge!

How Sexy?
My views are based on sound reasoning and the rationalization on morals and ethics.
Where I believe in everyone have equal rights under the law.
We know it is wrong to discriminate against people based on prejudice, because we know we would not like to be treated this way. In religions you find religious beliefs that are prejudiced, which every religious person has a right to either believe or not believe. What they do not have a right to do is impose those beliefs. Even moire so when these beliefs are based on a claim to a divine being  which has no evidence. Where then one religious belief states another religious belief is wrong based again on no evidence and just faith. Its not me who is extreme Sexy. I will just very much be vocal where religious people try to impose their beliefs. I have no issue with personal religious belief. Sadly to many people try to impose religious beliefs, which occurs mainly from prejudiced beliefs. I believe you have every right to be treated equally under the law.


The way you mock religion Didge.

I fully agree to you countering their beliefs dont get me wrong. It just seemed you enjoyed the mocking them.

Anyway may be i was too harsh in judging your posts so i apologise.

_________________
Whoever is kind, Allah will be kind to him; therefore be kind to man on the earth. He who is in heaven will show mercy on you.”

Prophet Mohammed PBUH
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2362
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:22 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

How Sexy?
My views are based on sound reasoning and the rationalization on morals and ethics.
Where I believe in everyone have equal rights under the law.
We know it is wrong to discriminate against people based on prejudice, because we know we would not like to be treated this way. In religions you find religious beliefs that are prejudiced, which every religious person has a right to either believe or not believe. What they do not have a right to do is impose those beliefs. Even moire so when these beliefs are based on a claim to a divine being  which has no evidence. Where then one religious belief states another religious belief is wrong based again on no evidence and just faith. Its not me who is extreme Sexy. I will just very much be vocal where religious people try to impose their beliefs. I have no issue with personal religious belief. Sadly to many people try to impose religious beliefs, which occurs mainly from prejudiced beliefs. I believe you have every right to be treated equally under the law.


The way you mock religion Didge.

I fully agree to you countering their beliefs dont get me wrong. It just seemed you enjoyed the mocking them.

Anyway may be i was too harsh in judging your posts so i apologise.

Okay let me ask you a simple question Sexy

Do you mock and ridicule racism?

Racism is an ideology that has no scientific evidence. Racism formed from hateful prejudiced beliefs.

Religions are also ideologies that formulate the bases for an economic and political system. In Christianity and Islam the economic system is very good as it is based upon helping people and done from a reason of doing good. Which I could argue is actually more so being done out of wanting to please that specific God. The Political aspect of both is not good at all and 2000 years of history shows us this where religious beliefs are the bases for the law of a nation. Now again just like racism, religions do not have any evidence to validate them. People are required to have faith what is stated is true in works written centuries ago. If there is no proof the claims made are have no validity, as they deny equality and people suffer discrimination from them. Explain to me why I should respect that?

I respect you as a person, I do not have to respect beliefs. Now we both do not respect racism, as its wrong and prejudice. Now I can even respect parts of religions as being good, but as a whole belief system, the answer is I cannot respect them, when they effect the well being and equality of others.

Hope that helps explains


Last edited by Cuchulain on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:23 am

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:Di Imam's get jailed then for using the law of allah ??

Basically he is saying that Christians believe that God is against homosexuality is the same as shariah saying kill them for being gay .
If they actually think those two things are the same they're bigger idiots than even i thought .

lol you are quite right, someone not accepting something to be right cannot be compared to someone wanting to kill a person for doing it....

let's face it everyone seems so scared to offend moslems they daren't say anything directly...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:35 am

Cuchulain wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:


The way you mock religion Didge.

I fully agree to you countering their beliefs dont get me wrong. It just seemed you enjoyed the mocking them.

Anyway may be i was too harsh in judging your posts so i apologise.

Okay let me ask you a simple question Sexy

Do you mock and ridicule racism?

Racism is an ideology that has no scientific evidence. Racism formed from hateful prejudiced beliefs.

Religions are also ideologies that formulate the bases for an economic and political system. In Christianity and Islam the economic system is very good as it is based upon helping people and done from a reason of doing good. Which I could argue is actually more so being done out of wanting to please that specific God. The Political aspect of both is not good at all and 2000 years of history shows us this where religious beliefs are the bases for the law of a nation. Now again just like racism, religions do not have any evidence to validate them. People are required to have faith what is stated is true in works written centuries ago. If there is no proof the claims made are have no validity, as they deny equality and people suffer discrimination from them. Explain to me why I should respect that?

I respect you as a person, I do not have to respect beliefs. Now we both do not respect racism, as its wrong and prejudice. Now I can even respect parts of religions as being good, but as a whole belief system, the answer is I cannot respect them, when they effect the well being and equality of others.

Hope that helps explains

How do you actually counter there NOT being a God? You dont you yourself have a belief that sceince conquers all.

Thats your belief and you are fully entilted to it but justyfying your mocking of religious people based on your views just makes you the same as them mocking you.

Do you understand what im getting at?

_________________
Whoever is kind, Allah will be kind to him; therefore be kind to man on the earth. He who is in heaven will show mercy on you.”

Prophet Mohammed PBUH
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2362
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:38 am

heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:Di Imam's get jailed then for using the law of allah ??

Basically he is saying that Christians believe that God is against homosexuality is the same as shariah saying kill them for being gay .
If they actually think those two things are the same they're bigger idiots than even i thought .

lol you are quite right, someone not accepting something to be right cannot be compared to someone wanting to kill a person for doing it....

let's face it everyone seems so scared to offend moslems they daren't say anything directly...

I was reading the comments yesterday on the DM about the crane that crashed into mecca and the red likes were saying the opposite , on one comment alone there were 5900 dislikes . Now I don't think for one moment that it is people relishing the death of 100+ moslems but i think they are showing their dislike for the islam as a whole because of the support it gets when British people are being forgotten .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:53 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Okay let me ask you a simple question Sexy

Do you mock and ridicule racism?

Racism is an ideology that has no scientific evidence. Racism formed from hateful prejudiced beliefs.

Religions are also ideologies that formulate the bases for an economic and political system. In Christianity and Islam the economic system is very good as it is based upon helping people and done from a reason of doing good. Which I could argue is actually more so being done out of wanting to please that specific God. The Political aspect of both is not good at all and 2000 years of history shows us this where religious beliefs are the bases for the law of a nation. Now again just like racism, religions do not have any evidence to validate them. People are required to have faith what is stated is true in works written centuries ago. If there is no proof the claims made are have no validity, as they deny equality and people suffer discrimination from them. Explain to me why I should respect that?

I respect you as a person, I do not have to respect beliefs. Now we both do not respect racism, as its wrong and prejudice. Now I can even respect parts of religions as being good, but as a whole belief system, the answer is I cannot respect them, when they effect the well being and equality of others.

Hope that helps explains

How do you actually counter there NOT being a God? You dont you yourself have a belief that sceince conquers all.

Thats your belief and you are fully entilted to it but justyfying your mocking of religious people based on your views just makes you the same as them mocking you.

Do you understand what im getting at?

If someone claims there is a god, I do not have to attempt to disprove this, because you have to first prove such a God exist. There is no evidence a God exist or then if one did exist, how you would then have to provide evidence it was Allah and then not Zeus, Odin etc
Science tries to understand and better further our understandings on everything.
The reality is the Abrahamic books are written by men, it takes a leap of faith to believe they are divinely inspired by a God. Now when I look at your faith and Christianity and I can show more compassion than either deity. Then something is very much false in regards to the claim laid of being the most passionate and loving. Just think for one moment if as parents we applied the reasoning these deities use on their children, we humans. The claim this God creates life, as parents we create life That the deities love is conditional, that if you do not believe or love them, you will suffer an eternal punishment. Now apply the same to our own children, where if they did not believe me or fell out of love, would justify me then to torture that child in the most unimaginable pain until they died of old age. Now you tell me how in any shape or form that constitutes a claim to being compassionate or loving? So when you ask why I mock religions is because when you look at these religions they are appalling. We have a deity that paces conditions on love when love should be freely given and not under a threat of eternal pain. That is ethically and morally wrong and why I rightly mock something so utterly wrong. I mean something that is supposed to have supreme intelligence is ruled not by rational thinking but by negative emotions. It is why the claims made in these faiths make no sense at all, where they allow rational people to forego reason. Love is unconditional, for a belief to make it conditional denies love to be freely given

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Maher: When Kim Davis uses God’s ‘rule book’ to deny same-sex marriage, it’s the same as ‘Sharia law’

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:14 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:

lol you are quite right, someone not accepting something to be right cannot be compared to someone wanting to kill a person for doing it....

let's face it everyone seems so scared to offend moslems they daren't say anything directly...

I was reading the comments yesterday on the DM about the crane that crashed into mecca and the red likes were saying the opposite , on one comment alone there were 5900 dislikes . Now I don't think for one moment that it is people relishing the death of 100+ moslems but i think they are showing their dislike for the islam as a whole because of the support it gets when British people are being forgotten .

I agree entirely, people are getting sick and tired of the moslims demanding, it's like watching the gays again, they clearly have something in common..lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum