Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:47 am

Homophobic attitudes may say a lot about the person who holds them, new research suggests.
A new study of university students in Italy revealed that people who have strongly negative views of gay people also have higher levels of psychoticism and inappropriate coping mechanisms than those who are accepting of homosexuality.
This doesn't mean that homophobic people are psychotic; rather, psychoticism is a personality trait marked by hostility, anger and aggression toward others. But the study does suggest that people who cling to homophobic views have some psychological issues, said lead researcher Emmanuele Jannini, an endocrinologist and medical sexologist at the University of Rome Tor Vergata.

http://www.livescience.com/52146-homophobia-personality-traits.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:55 am

lol... I bet there is quite a lot of evidence that shows homosexuality is because of a mental problem....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:59 am

Why not start a thread to debate that.

Clearly more research is needed on this new study, but we already know that people who are prejudiced are more likely to have lower IQ's.

http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:23 pm

well thats not true is it walter??

youre "not" prejudice and youre as thick as ten short planks


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:30 pm

Is that why I constantly educate you and correct your continuous errors. You see your prejudice against me is furthering proving your lack of intelligent.

Anyway keep to the topic of the debate, as its boring when you spout crap

Ta.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Fuzzy Zack on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:28 pm

Cuchulain wrote:Homophobic attitudes may say a lot about the person who holds them, new research suggests.
A new study of university students in Italy revealed that people who have strongly negative views of gay people also have higher levels of psychoticism and inappropriate coping mechanisms than those who are accepting of homosexuality.
This doesn't mean that homophobic people are psychotic; rather, psychoticism is a personality trait marked by hostility, anger and aggression toward others. But the study does suggest that people who cling to homophobic views have some psychological issues, said lead researcher Emmanuele Jannini, an endocrinologist and medical sexologist at the University of Rome Tor Vergata.

http://www.livescience.com/52146-homophobia-personality-traits.html

"psychoticism is a personality trait marked by hostility, anger and aggression".

That sounds like you Didge. So much for theories.
avatar
Fuzzy Zack
The Japanese Lesbian Mermaid

Posts : 4187
Join date : 2014-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:36 pm

Homosexuals are suffering some sort of membj illness more like...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19062
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:38 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Homophobic attitudes may say a lot about the person who holds them, new research suggests.
A new study of university students in Italy revealed that people who have strongly negative views of gay people also have higher levels of psychoticism and inappropriate coping mechanisms than those who are accepting of homosexuality.
This doesn't mean that homophobic people are psychotic; rather, psychoticism is a personality trait marked by hostility, anger and aggression toward others. But the study does suggest that people who cling to homophobic views have some psychological issues, said lead researcher Emmanuele Jannini, an endocrinologist and medical sexologist at the University of Rome Tor Vergata.

http://www.livescience.com/52146-homophobia-personality-traits.html

"psychoticism is a personality trait marked by hostility, anger and aggression".

That sounds like you Didge. So much for theories.


The only place I get sometimes angry or nasty is on here.
Best place to channel emotions if that occurs. As that anger is really being directed at a screen, as you cannot see the person.
So in life generally I am not angry, hostile or aggressive.
Though I see your obsession with me is growing daily.
I am flattered, but understand me now, I have no hate for a single person here.
I get heated, but that is the nature of the debate, especially when I am passionate.
I am human after all and make mistakes sometimes and get nasty with some posters including you, but again I have no ill feeling for anyone. Even smelly, I am in fact glad to see when ever he has returned due to the nature of his job. I detest his views and think he is blinded by poor prejudice and we may slag each other off, but the nest day is a new day.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Fuzzy Zack on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

"psychoticism is a personality trait marked by hostility, anger and aggression".

That sounds like you Didge. So much for theories.


The only place I get sometimes angry or nasty is on here.
Best place to channel emotions if that occurs. As that anger is really being directed at a screen, as you cannot see the person.
So in life generally I am not angry, hostile or aggressive.
Though I see your obsession with me is growing daily.
I am flattered, but understand me now, I have no hate for a single person here.
I get heated, but that is the nature of the debate, especially when I am passionate.
I am human after all and make mistakes sometimes and get nasty with some posters including you, but again I have no ill feeling for anyone. Even smelly, I am in fact glad to see when ever he has returned due to the nature of his job. I detest his views and think he is blinded by poor prejudice and we may slag each other off, but the nest day is a new day.

What a fag-like reply.

Lighten up - I was only kidding.
avatar
Fuzzy Zack
The Japanese Lesbian Mermaid

Posts : 4187
Join date : 2014-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


The only place I get sometimes angry or nasty is on here.
Best place to channel emotions if that occurs. As that anger is really being directed at a screen, as you cannot see the person.
So in life generally I am not angry, hostile or aggressive.
Though I see your obsession with me is growing daily.
I am flattered, but understand me now, I have no hate for a single person here.
I get heated, but that is the nature of the debate, especially when I am passionate.
I am human after all and make mistakes sometimes and get nasty with some posters including you, but again I have no ill feeling for anyone. Even smelly, I am in fact glad to see when ever he has returned due to the nature of his job. I detest his views and think he is blinded by poor prejudice and we may slag each other off, but the nest day is a new day.

What a fag-like reply.

Lighten up - I was only kidding.

Weird stereotype to claim
I accept your apology where you backtracked here. Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:09 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Homosexuals are suffering some sort of membj illness more like...

The word homophobe is just another way to try and make those who are against homosexuality to feel they have a phobia when they don't fear gays at all .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Homosexuals are suffering some sort of membj illness more like...

The word homophobe is just another way to try and make those who are against homosexuality to feel they have a phobia when they don't fear gays at all .


No problem, I can change the name and the article will still be valid.
So those anti-homosexual will do fine instead and works fine replacing homophobia.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Found this an islamic view on homosexuality tongue

In fact, Islam considers homosexuality to be clearly sinful. As far as Islam is concerned, it is a profound mistake, specially that humans are not homosexuals by nature. People become homosexuals because of their environments.
http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-about-islam/ethics-and-values/Muslim-character/166024-homosexuality-from-an-islamic-stand.html#at_pco=smlwn-1.0&at_si=55f449191a099276&at_ab=per-11&at_pos=0&at_tot=1

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:Found this an islamic view on homosexuality tongue

In fact, Islam considers homosexuality to be clearly sinful. As far as Islam is concerned, it is a profound mistake, specially that humans are not homosexuals by nature. People become homosexuals because of their environments.
http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-about-islam/ethics-and-values/Muslim-character/166024-homosexuality-from-an-islamic-stand.html#at_pco=smlwn-1.0&at_si=55f449191a099276&at_ab=per-11&at_pos=0&at_tot=1

Wow, I wonder what other views conservative Christians and Muslims have in common?

I bet it's a lot!

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2012/10/richard_mourdock_rape_scandal_spot_the_difference_between_the_christian.html

_________________
"Her heartbeat is a rhythm that commands her every word, she's every song I've ever heard."

- Turnpike Troubadors
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22885
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:Found this an islamic view on homosexuality tongue

In fact, Islam considers homosexuality to be clearly sinful. As far as Islam is concerned, it is a profound mistake, specially that humans are not homosexuals by nature. People become homosexuals because of their environments.
http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-about-islam/ethics-and-values/Muslim-character/166024-homosexuality-from-an-islamic-stand.html#at_pco=smlwn-1.0&at_si=55f449191a099276&at_ab=per-11&at_pos=0&at_tot=1

Wow, I wonder what other views conservative Christians and Muslims have in common?

I bet it's a lot!

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2012/10/richard_mourdock_rape_scandal_spot_the_difference_between_the_christian.html

You think i found it to pick on your precious islam , well you're wrong i found it to show that it isn't just Christianity that is against homosexuality .
I'm not interested in spotting the difference i just wanted to show the two faiths have the same views .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:Found this an islamic view on homosexuality tongue

In fact, Islam considers homosexuality to be clearly sinful. As far as Islam is concerned, it is a profound mistake, specially that humans are not homosexuals by nature. People become homosexuals because of their environments.
http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-about-islam/ethics-and-values/Muslim-character/166024-homosexuality-from-an-islamic-stand.html#at_pco=smlwn-1.0&at_si=55f449191a099276&at_ab=per-11&at_pos=0&at_tot=1

Wow, I wonder what other views conservative Christians and Muslims have in common?

I bet it's a lot!

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2012/10/richard_mourdock_rape_scandal_spot_the_difference_between_the_christian.html

You think i found it to pick on your precious islam , well you're wrong i found it to show that it isn't just Christianity that is against homosexuality .
I'm not interested in spotting the difference i just wanted to show the two faiths have the same views .

Lots of the same views, as I said. Very, very similar in so many respects.

You lot always like to say I love Islam, when actually I just take up for the rights and basic humanity of Muslims. But I doubt you can comprehend the difference.

_________________
"Her heartbeat is a rhythm that commands her every word, she's every song I've ever heard."

- Turnpike Troubadors
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22885
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:30 pm

similar views when do christians hang gays??

christians might not agree with what gays do but the don't usually want them dead...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:32 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

You think i found it to pick on your precious islam , well you're wrong i found it to show that it isn't just Christianity that is against homosexuality .
I'm not interested in spotting the difference i just wanted to show the two faiths have the same views .

Lots of the same views, as I said. Very, very similar in so many respects.

You lot always like to say I love Islam, when actually I just take up for the rights and basic humanity of Muslims. But I doubt you can comprehend the difference.

not sure moslims should have human rights, well not those who kill, rape women, rape children, terrorise people and kill infidels for 72 raisins...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:33 pm

heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:similar views when do christians hang gays??

christians might not agree with what gays do but the don't usually want them dead...

A Christian Californian lawyer has proposed a bill which would make it legal to murder gay people using ‘bullets in the head or any other convenient method’.

Anyone who ‘touches another person of the same gender for sexual gratification’ would get the death penalty – administered either by state executioners, or members of the public.

Attorney Matthew McLaughlin’s Sodomite Suppression Act would also make it an offence to campaign for gay rights, with penalties of up to 10 years in prison and a $1 million fine.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/23/christian-lawyer-proposes-bill-which-makes-it-legal-to-murder-gay-people-5117125/#ixzz3lYCNOqce

Muslims don't usually want to kill gay people, either.

http://islamandhomosexuality.com/5-Muslim-nations-gay-legal/

_________________
"Her heartbeat is a rhythm that commands her every word, she's every song I've ever heard."

- Turnpike Troubadors
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22885
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:35 pm

A minister who wants the death penalty for homosexuals has just endorsed the Republican presidential contestant Ron Paul. The Paul campaign issued a statement highlighting the endorsement of the minister who's church lies in Nebraska, just over the border from Iowa. Paul is polling in second place in Iowa with 22 percent of the vote, just behind Mitt Romney, who has 25 percent.

The pastor of Dominion Covenant Church in Omaha, Reverend Phillip Kayser, wrote that, “Difficulty in implementing Biblical law does not make non-Biblical penology just. But as we have seen, while many homosexuals would be executed, the threat of capital punishment can be restorative." Kayser wrote that the threat of execution would scare homosexuals into repenting.

After attention was drawn to the pastor's views, the Paul campaign removed the endorsement from their website but has refused to answer questions on the matter.

http://dot429.com/articles/734-pastor-who-wants-to-kill-gays-endorses-paul

_________________
"Her heartbeat is a rhythm that commands her every word, she's every song I've ever heard."

- Turnpike Troubadors
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22885
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Uganda, a Christian majority nation, hosted three American evangelicals in March 2009 who gave talks describing the gay agenda and its threat to Bible-based values and the traditional African family. The men, widely discredited in the US, spoke to large, rapt audiences, but claim they did not intend what followed a month later: the Anti-Homosexuality Bill of 2009 which threatened to hang homosexuals.

http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/content/americans%E2%80%99-role-seen-uganda-anti-gay-push

_________________
"Her heartbeat is a rhythm that commands her every word, she's every song I've ever heard."

- Turnpike Troubadors
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22885
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:39 pm


_________________
"Her heartbeat is a rhythm that commands her every word, she's every song I've ever heard."

- Turnpike Troubadors
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22885
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:41 pm

A pastor from a controversial Baptist church told an openly gay Christian that his lifestyle was "filthy" and that he was praying that he would kill himself.

Jim Marjoram, an author in New Zealand, had emailed over 400 churches about a book he was writing about his faith when he received the vitriolic response from Logan Robertson of the WestCity Bible Baptist Church.

"We are not interested in your filthy lifestyle or book," it read. "I pray that you will commit suicide you filthy child molesting fag."

When One News journalist Matt Mclean, who is also openly gay, approached the pastor to hear his side of the story, he was told in no uncertain terms by Robertson that he would "never give an interview to a filthy faggot".

He did agree to another media interview later in the day, however, in which he further presented his depraved views. "I think every single one of them should be put to death," he explained.

"Christians shouldn't be doing it, I'm not going to do it, it's the government's job to be doing it," he added.

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/pastor-emails-gay-christian-to-tell-him-to-kill-himself--lkXtekqyFl

_________________
"Her heartbeat is a rhythm that commands her every word, she's every song I've ever heard."

- Turnpike Troubadors
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22885
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:44 pm

A California game developer, skateboarder, and failed Christian shoe promoter named Randall Herman, has launched what might be one of the most offensive anti-gay games ever created, called “Kill The Faggot.”

Shortly after its launch on The Steam’s downloadable games shop called Greenlight, the game was pulled after receiving an avalanche of comments from furious customers.

Before its removal from Greenlight, games critic Jim Sterling downloaded and tested the game, which launched via Herman’s game shop moniker Skaldic Games. The resulting YouTube video revealed a crude game that has players aim a bullseye to shoot and kill people who say such things as, “Can I put my weiner in your butt?” and “Whoops, I just dropped the soap.” (After playing a minute of the game, Sterling shouted, “Where is the fucking satire? What is it satirizing? Not really anything. It’s just being ‘the thing.'”)

The game makes very clear that its goal is to shoot and kill homosexuals (with liberal use of the pejorative F-word in the game’s title, at that). Players get points for killing gay people—more points if the person killed is transgender—and they lose points for any straight people they kill. It’s hard to make a judgment call about the “most” offensive thing in this game, but we were particularly disturbed to hear the game’s announcer celebrate a kill by saying, “AIDS carrier eliminated.”





http://www.thegailygrind.com/2015/05/05/christian-game-developer-creates-shooter-game-called-kill-the-faggot/

_________________
"Her heartbeat is a rhythm that commands her every word, she's every song I've ever heard."

- Turnpike Troubadors
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22885
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:47 pm

Once again, a conservative “Christian” is calling for using the Bible as the law of the land instead of the Constitution.

Georgia Pastor Robert Lee of the Ten Commandments Church caused outrage in the community after placing a sign outside his church literally calling for gays to be put to death.

“Homosexuality is an abomination, and the Bible says that homosexuality is a death worthy crime,” Lee told WGXA-TV. “The institution of marriage was instituted by God and it should not be changed by people who deserve not to live.”

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/04/30/conservative-christian-pastor-execute-gays-because-biblical-law-demands-it-video/


_________________
"Her heartbeat is a rhythm that commands her every word, she's every song I've ever heard."

- Turnpike Troubadors
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22885
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:48 pm

If you are going to bring religion into it, then it is a hugely valid point that every religion in the world is against homosexuality.


Homosexuality is something only a tiny fraction of the world population indulge in... with huge numbers of them even being well aware that male/female attraction and sexual interaction is the normal and natural way of things!!!


Isn't it so much more likely that it is the homosexuals themselves who might be suffering some sort of mental condition...!?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19062
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:58 pm

VOD brought religion into it, and there are and have been plenty of religions that don't oppress gay people. There have even been societies that venerated them spiritually as having a rare combination of male and female spirits within them.

_________________
"Her heartbeat is a rhythm that commands her every word, she's every song I've ever heard."

- Turnpike Troubadors
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22885
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:11 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:If you are going to bring religion into it, then it is a hugely valid point that every religion in the world is against homosexuality.
Incorrect
The onus is on you now to back your claim every religion is against homosexuality



Homosexuality is something only a tiny fraction of the world population indulge in... with huge numbers of them even being well aware that male/female attraction and sexual interaction is the normal and natural way of things!!!
Gobbledygook


Isn't it so much more likely that it is the homosexuals themselves who might be suffering some sort of mental condition...!?



Extremely unlikely due to the fact countless research is done within the subject and there has been nothing to back homosexuals suffer a mental condition. The reality is here what rational sound reason does anyone have against to same sex adults who are in love? It does not effect you in any capacity what so ever. If people feel it does effect them, then that is from their own making, not the homosexual. Religions are ideologies with no evidence to back a divine being. Its clear to most the views and morals are formed from men who's lacked common sense and ethical reasoning. So lets see if any can provide a valid rational reason that does not conflict or contradicts. Also why are those of prejudiced against homosexuality not protesting about countless other species engaging in homosexuality? You accept them practicing homosexuality without any protest, why is that?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:VOD brought religion into it, and there are and have been plenty of religions that don't oppress gay people. There have even been societies that venerated them spiritually as having a rare combination of male and female spirits within them.

I did but it was for didge as he mentioned being homophobic which is always thrown at anyone who is against homosexuality .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:49 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:VOD brought religion into it, and there are and have been plenty of religions that don't oppress gay people. There have even been societies that venerated them spiritually as having a rare combination of male and female spirits within them.

I did but it was didge as he mentioned being homophobic which is always thrown at anyone who is against homosexuality .

Incorrect.
The title does and I happily changed the terminology to anti-homosexuality for you

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:07 pm


And there we have it... just more twisty double-speak waffle in reply to my post...


Ben... all major religions are against homosexuality... you are just confirming this by your claim that only in extremely rare exceptions there are some very tiny number of examples of homosexuals being 'venerated' etc...


My point stands.




Dodge...

1) well documented fact...

2) all homosexuals know full well that the overwhelming vast majority of people (even their parents) are heterosexual and practice male/female coupling etc... they know that the human reproductive system is designed this way etc... so unless they are completely anti this male/female way of doing things, then they must also be accepting of the fact that it is a totally normal and natural way OF doing things!!!

3) waffle... you're conflating your arguments again...








_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19062
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:09 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

I did but it was didge as he mentioned being homophobic which is always thrown at anyone who is against homosexuality .

Incorrect.
The title does and I happily changed the terminology to anti-homosexuality for you

and what's that got to do with my posting about islam's views Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:11 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:VOD brought religion into it, and there are and have been plenty of religions that don't oppress gay people. There have even been societies that venerated them spiritually as having a rare combination of male and female spirits within them.

I did but it was for didge as he mentioned being homophobic which is always thrown at anyone who is against homosexuality .

fao didge. You jumped in and quoted me before i realized i left a word out , i corrected it as you can see Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
And there we have it... just more twisty double-speak waffle in reply to my post...


Ben... all major religions are against homosexuality... you are just confirming this by your claim that only in extremely rare exceptions there are some very tiny number of examples of homosexuals being 'venerated' etc...


My point stands.




Dodge...

1) well documented fact...

2) all homosexuals know full well that the overwhelming vast majority of people (even their parents) are heterosexual and practice male/female coupling etc... they know that the human reproductive system is designed this way etc... so unless they are completely anti this male/female way of doing things, then they must also be accepting of the fact that it is a totally normal and natural way OF doing things!!!

3) waffle... you're conflating your arguments again...








1) I do not even to post all religions and there views but just one simple link to prove Tommy yet again has ended up with egg on his face.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_homosexuality

2) Homosexuals can still reproduce if the need requires them to do so. This is when many animal spices have a percentage homosexual, it does not prevent reproduction. So as seen it is very normal within the planet species. On top of this, the vast majority of heterosexuals engage in sexual acts,   which would be defined as abnormal using your absurd reasoning to normal. Not only that if you claim something should be denied equality based on how you define normal, you would end up placing countless groups into this category. So your reasoning contradicts and fails to even define and reason normality. You went off reproduction which homosexuals can still reproduce.

3) No surprise Tommy would copout of replying to.

Right see you tomorrow/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:21 pm

wikipedia isn't reliable source anyone can add their views to it .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:wikipedia isn't reliable source anyone can add their views to it .


Which is why you can check the sources for the claims at the bottom of the page where they have references and links to them. I can produce more evidence also.
So the fact is Tommy\s claim was in error.

Night Dibs

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:31 pm


And there we have it... just more twisty double-speak waffle in reply to my post...


Ben... all major religions are against homosexuality... you are just confirming this by your claim that only in extremely rare exceptions there are some very tiny number of examples of homosexuals being 'venerated' etc...


My point stands.




Dodge...

1) well documented fact...

2) all homosexuals know full well that the overwhelming vast majority of people (even their parents) are heterosexual and practice male/female coupling etc... they know that the human reproductive system is designed this way etc... so unless they are completely anti this male/female way of doing things, then they must also be accepting of the fact that it is a totally normal and natural way OF doing things!!!

3) waffle... you're conflating your arguments again...








_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19062
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Homophobic attitudes may say a lot about the person who holds them, new research suggests.
A new study of university students in Italy revealed that people who have strongly negative views of gay people also have higher levels of psychoticism and inappropriate coping mechanisms than those who are accepting of homosexuality.
This doesn't mean that homophobic people are psychotic; rather, psychoticism is a personality trait marked by hostility, anger and aggression toward others. But the study does suggest that people who cling to homophobic views have some psychological issues, said lead researcher Emmanuele Jannini, an endocrinologist and medical sexologist at the University of Rome Tor Vergata.

http://www.livescience.com/52146-homophobia-personality-traits.html

"psychoticism is a personality trait marked by hostility, anger and aggression".

That sounds like you Didge. So much for theories.

tell me aobout it

walter has so much repressed anger and agression its worrying.

shit who knows when he might explode on a bus or in crowded tube train eh???

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:41 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Once again, a conservative “Christian” is calling for using the Bible as the law of the land instead of the Constitution.

Georgia Pastor Robert Lee of the Ten Commandments Church caused outrage in the community after placing a sign outside his church literally calling for gays to be put to death.

“Homosexuality is an abomination, and the Bible says that homosexuality is a death worthy crime,” Lee told WGXA-TV. “The institution of marriage was instituted by God and it should not be changed by people who deserve not to live.”

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/04/30/conservative-christian-pastor-execute-gays-because-biblical-law-demands-it-video/


how many christians carry out this comand?

would you like to compare dead gays killed by christains in america VS dead gays killed by Muslims in iraq??

smart money says take the hit and wind your FUCKING neck in!!!!!


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:42 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

how many christians carry out this comand?


would you like to compare dead gays killed by christains in america VS dead gays killed by Muslims in iraq??

smart money says take the hit and wind your FUCKING neck in!!!!!


Daft question again. As the pastor is requesting a change in the laws. Its not a case of who would carry out such a command, as your questions lacks comparability.  As to do so would be murder and breaking the law. What you should be asking is how many Christians would back the death penalty for homosexuality. If the fairy Tale Bible was used as the bases to create fairy Tale Biblical law. Well as seen when Christian theology held sway with power in the west. Countless homosexuals were executed. I also have no doubt if made law, and that the US had changed into a theology. I am sure many fundamentalist Christians would think they have the justification to carry out Biblical law. Why not poll that point too.

Religion at present holds sway in the laws of many Muslim nations, where the west is now secular. . Luckily because many Christians today have grown up with secularism, they rationalize that parts of the bible can be dismissed. We know the Bible was compiled by men who had never even met Christ. Its meant to be divinely inspired the Bible, so there is wiggle room for Christians to dismiss bad passages, You see Dutchman the problem would be in nations governed by religious law. The sad reality is,  there are many literal fundamentalist Christians in the US

So to compare Muslims to Christians on the matter of homosexual murder, of which you are basically stating. Based on two different political systems and vastly different on stability, is absurd. So to make a real comparison would be to ask how many Muslims and Christians have carried out this command in America? You do understand the difference between murder and executions and who commits them? That is a comparable question to ask. They both live in the same country under secular laws. So on that question, its Christians who are winning hands down in carrying out this command with the amount of religiously motivated hate crime murders carried out by Christians in the US. Only if the US criminalized homosexuality with the death penalty would you then find a comparability to ask your question.

I am getting very disappointed with you Dutchman. Since your returned you make weak piss poor views. You have become so piss poor, you are now worse than Tommy.

Which reminds me Tommy, you ran away again from the points, try again:

1) I do not even to post all religions and there views but just one simple link to prove Tommy yet again has ended up with egg on his face.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_homosexuality

2) Homosexuals can still reproduce if the need requires them to do so. This is when many animal spices have a percentage homosexual, it does not prevent reproduction. So as seen it is very normal within the planet species. On top of this, the vast majority of heterosexuals engage in sexual acts,   which would be defined as abnormal using your absurd reasoning to normal. Not only that if you claim something should be denied equality based on how you define normal, you would end up placing countless groups into this category. So your reasoning contradicts and fails to even define and reason normality. You went off reproduction which homosexuals can still reproduce.

3) No surprise Tommy would copout of replying to.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:29 pm

More twisty waffle...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19062
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:More twisty waffle...

If you are yearning for such a waffle to eat, go and make yourself one. I am sure its possible to make it more twisty.

So that is Tommy bowing out of the debate then. lol


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:38 pm

There is no debate when all you provide is twisty double speak waffle...



My points are clear and as yet unanswered.

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19062
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:43 pm

Copout alert
I easily rubbished your illogical claim to defining natural. Where as seen your reasoning contradicted and is not applied to heterosexuals. Where you do not class them as abnormal for engaging in acts like oral sex. You stated quite clearly in regards to the reproduction system, as your reasoning to normality. So if the vast majority of heterosexuals engage in oral sex, by your absurd reasoning on reproduction, you have rendered them abnormal. So tell me, can a woman get pregnant orally through the mouth by swallowing semen? It just to easy for me to tear apart your absurd claims.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:49 pm

Do homosexuals think that ONLY THEIR way is normal or natural...?



Or do the vast majority of them accept and acknowledge that the male/female sexual coupling that is almost exclusively practiced by almost the entire population of every species of animal and plant etc is to be considered the normal and natural way OF things!?

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19062
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:00 am

smelly-bandit wrote:

how many christians carry out this comand?

would you like to compare dead gays killed by christains in america VS dead gays killed by Muslims in iraq??

smart money says take the hit and wind your FUCKING neck in!!!!!


I think Ben is the shit stirrer on this forum and causes animosity towards Christians and Muslims, his bias towards islam is so sickening . Ben knows that Christians do not carry out OT scripture and there is a difference between 'worthy' and doing as the silly picture shows . I haven't seen Ben say a bad word towards to Muslims or islam if he has then i missed it .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:04 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Do homosexuals think that ONLY THEIR way is normal or natural...?
Or do the vast majority of them accept and acknowledge that the male/female sexual coupling that is almost exclusively practiced by almost the entire population of every species of animal and plant etc is to be considered the normal and natural way OF things!?

Absurd again.
We are talking about sexual practices that both share. The only difference being that homosexual men cannot engage in vaginal sex. So both heterosexuals and homosexuals perform the same sexual acts when they make love. As to how many people are heterosexual or homosexual based on a majority, renders countless minority groups of people as abnormal to Tommy. If a person has a green eyes and just like homosexuality are born this way. To Tommy people with green eyes are abnormal based on his reasoning to a majority group. He then renders all smokers as abnormal. If Tommy wants to go off a majority, he is basically rendering the vast majority of the population of the world as abnormal. As there are so many things that can classify people into numerous groups

So lets break down Tommy's reasoning again.
He states the natural process is for the sexual organs to be used for reproduction, which renders anyone using a condom or the pill as abnormal to Tommy. He uses a majority to base also his claim to what is normal, which means he backs Islamic law to be natural in Muslim majority countries. So the vast majority of the population couple for love, whether homosexual and heterosexual. Both perform the exact same sexual acts, bar vaginal sex with gay men. So the only reason left for Tommy to claim normality has to be on reproduction. Where again homosexuals can still produce. Though as Tommy can only argue off reproduction and clearly then the sexual organs must only be used for reproduction with his reasoning.Then by his absurd reasoning the vast majority of humans are abnormal to Tommy.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum