If you were a Refugee

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If you were a Refugee - Page 4 Empty If you were a Refugee

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Watching and reading all the media coverage on the refugee crisis has got me thinking of how I would feel and what I would do if I were a refugee fleeing from a war torn country and what would be the best for me and my family. Yes, I would be immensely relieved to reach the first safe country and grateful for help received. But would that be enough for me? On really thinking it through, no it wouldn't.

Having fled my country of birth and leaving behind my home, job, belongings, I would be wanting to seek a new life in the best country possible, that is able to help me the most in starting a new life. So no, I wouldn't settle for just the first safe country I came too. If you look at it through the eyes of a refugee, you would want too, what's best for your family, especially after all they have suffered and the atrocities witnessed. So I wouldn't begrudge these refugees who pass through other countries before arriving in Europe or to come to the UK if that is their choice. I'm very much sure that if you were in their situation, you too would want to seek help and support in the best place possible.

Back to top Go down

If you were a Refugee - Page 4 Empty Re: If you were a Refugee

Post by eddie on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:26 am

Hallo SM! It's weird that I mentioned you last night and here you are!
Didn't realise you still read this forum.

Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:26 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Were better off before they all started kicking off.

Wow, you truly are an idiot.
So even though they were suffering under a dictatorship that is okay because its better than ISIS.
Seriously, the mind boggles at your stupidity, as how about they are given a better deal altogether one that protects the rights and equality of all within the law?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:31 am

They weren't suffering under assad... peace and stability and security was alive and well before they started kicking off.

Religious minorities were protected but now murdered raped and openly sold as slaves by your favourite 'free' people.

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:36 am

Tommy Monk wrote:They weren't suffering under assad... peace and stability and security was alive and well before they started kicking off.

Religious minorities were protected but now murdered raped and openly sold as slaves by your favourite 'free' people.

Yes they were and hence why people rose up.
You are talking nonesense again living in a fantasy world that never existed.
Again you wish people to go back to a lesser worse situation and that just proves how deranged you are.
Again are you claiming a dictatiorship is better to ruled by than under a system of law that protects the rights and equality for all?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:40 am

It was better before, ALL had peace and security and religious minorities had protection.

Same under Saddam Hussein, same in Libya, same in Egypt... where peace and security was is now Islamic led hell holes of brutality And barbarity.

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:46 am

Tommy Monk wrote:It was better before, ALL had peace and security and religious minorities had protection.

Same under Saddam Hussein, same in Libya, same in Egypt... where peace and security was is now Islamic led hell holes of brutality And barbarity.

Claiming something was better where it was still bad for people its just daft beyond belief.
So now you claim things were great under Saddam, how exactly when he murdered hundreds of thousands and caused the deaths of over a million more through wars? Countless were persecuted under Saddam and where we let the people of Iraq down when they rose up against him in 1991. This is where much of the problems arose from years before any western intervention but because of persecutions under these dictatorships.
You have not got a clue have you?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:51 am

Lol Tommy sounds like you're saying the Devi was better than the deep blue sea (pardon the unintentional pun!)

Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:16 am

Was it better in Syria before they started kicking off or after!?

Syria was a stable country with peace and security and protection for religious minorities... it was a country on the up!

But now it is an Islamic hell hole where people are murdered and women and children are being raped and openly sold as slaves for not being Muslims!!!

Great now isn't it... now that they are getting the freedom to impose Islam onto everyone...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:20 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Was it better in Syria before they started kicking off or after!?

Syria was a stable country with peace and security and protection for religious minorities... it was a country on the up!

But now it is an Islamic hell hole where people are murdered and women and children are being raped and openly sold as slaves for not being Muslims!!!

Great now isn't it... now that they are getting the freedom to impose Islam onto everyone...

You are just repeatin the same nonesense
Syria was not stable, it was under a dictatorship which needed armed forces and militias to keep the country in check.
Which means there was plenty of inserrection going on before the people rose up enmass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:26 am

Security was needed to stop the Islamic looms from murdering religious minorities and raping the women and children and openly selling them as slaves for not being Muslims...

They rose up against this terrible oppression and are now free to murder people and rape the women and children openly sell them as slaves for not being Muslims...

But at least they are no longer under a dictator that stopped them doing that eh dodge...!?

You complete twat!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:28 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Security was needed to stop the Islamic looms from murdering religious minorities and raping the women and children and openly selling them as slaves for not being Muslims...

They rose up against this terrible oppression and are now free to murder people and rape the women and children openly sell them as slaves for not being Muslims...

But at least they are no longer under a dictator that stopped them doing that eh dodge...!?

You complete twat!!!

Again you are just repeating the same drivel because you are a complete idiot
The people rose up and did not suceed whilst islamic extremist groups were drawn to the region and hence why ISIS was able to take advantage of the civil war.
Now are you going to interject something new or keep repeating your same time honoured bullshit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:31 am

The people are ISIS... ISIS are the people!

One and the same!!!

Only prevented from being the barbaric savages by the firm grip of tight security.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:32 am

OMGso all Syrians are now ISIS to Twatty even though millions are fleeing them
Waste of time debating such an idiot and all because he wants attention.
I shall leave you to sit and sulk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:35 am

No, not all Syrians are ISIS... but most of ISIS are Syrians...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Christie wrote:Watching and reading all the media coverage on the refugee crisis has got me thinking of how I would feel and what I would do if I were a refugee fleeing from a war torn country and what would be the best for me and my family. Yes, I would be immensely relieved to reach the first safe country and grateful for help received. But would that be enough for me? On really thinking it through, no it wouldn't.

Having fled my country of birth and leaving behind my home, job, belongings, I would be wanting to seek a new life in the best country possible, that is able to help me the most in starting a new life. So no, I wouldn't settle for just the first safe country I came too. If you look at it through the eyes of a refugee, you would want too, what's best for your family, especially after all they have suffered and the atrocities witnessed. So I wouldn't begrudge these refugees who pass through other countries before arriving in Europe or to come to the UK if that is their choice. I'm very much sure that if you were in their situation, you too would want to seek help and support in the best place possible.

"Having fled my country of birth and leaving behind my home, job, belongings, I would be wanting to seek a new life in the best country possible,that is able to help me the most in starting a new life. So no, I wouldn't settle for just the first safe country I came too"

that makes you an economic migrant, the root cause of you leaving becomes a moot point if your goal is expands beyond survival and morphs into a personal desire for gain.If you have reched a safe haven,and then decide to leave that safe haven for richer countries then you lose your refugee status and become an econmoic migrant since you would no longer be fleeing.

you are certainly no longer a refugee if you have the luxury to consider which of the richer countries is most likely to be the most profitable and accomadating for you

“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:38 pm

100% correct smelly... shame the idiot lefties don't see common sense...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:38 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Christie wrote:Watching and reading all the media coverage on the refugee crisis has got me thinking of how I would feel and what I would do if I were a refugee fleeing from a war torn country and what would be the best for me and my family. Yes, I would be immensely relieved to reach the first safe country and grateful for help received. But would that be enough for me? On really thinking it through, no it wouldn't.

"Having fled my country of birth and leaving behind my home, job, belongings, I would be wanting to seek a new life in the best country possible,that is able to help me the most in starting a new life. So no, I wouldn't settle for just the first safe country I came too"

that makes you an economic migrant, the root cause of you leaving becomes a moot point if your goal is expands beyond survival and morphs into a personal desire for gain.If you have reched a safe haven,and then decide to leave that safe haven for richer countries then you lose your refugee status and become an econmoic migrant since you would no longer be fleeing.

you are certainly no longer a refugee if you have the luxury to consider which of the richer countries is most likely to be the most profitable and accomadating for you  

So why did you skip countless countries on route to the UK?
There is no law stating refugees have to stop in the first safe country.
There are many reason why some head towards a country because of its connnections.
Like you for example South Africa has a big connection to the UK, so it makes sense you would either go to the UK or Holland.
You are a refugee uintil you have been accepted by that nation.
You cannot change the classification on an absurd technicality,m as their status remains as refugees.
At the end of the day it is about finding saftey and a place that you are likely to adapt to quickly.
So you claiming someone is not a refugee if they choose a country is absurd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Just to add:

The 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees is the key legal document in defining who is a refugee, their rights and the legal obligations of governments. According to Article 1 of that Convention, a refugee is someone who has fled his or her country “owing to well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion.”

So you are talking bollocks smelly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:49 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

If you were a Refugee - Page 4 Image19
eddie
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

You're wetting yourself over less than 350,000 people migrating into the entire continent.

Wetting myself? Is there any need for such vulgarity?

Ask yourself why refugees are travelling through several countries instead of staying in the nearest safe country.

What is the US doing to help by the way?

America has said it will take 6000.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:03 pm

eddie wrote:Oh hold on a minute!

How many of you have put yourselves forward to take in a refugee?
And if you lie, that's not Christian lol!

Apart from anything else, I don't want strangers living in my home. I like me and my family and sometimes, that's hard enough!
Life is hard and I'd donate money but not my home.

I still believe in God so what does that make me?

Not in anyone's gang?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:Well tough, because the three of them are exactly the same when it comes to Christianity, use what they say their faith is, when in fact they show no sign of it.  I know frogs who are more Christian.

Well you show no sign of being a decent human being, but you claim to be one.

well said Raggs , I wonder how many perfect sinless atheists druids moslems yadda yadda yadda are getting spare rooms ready as we speak Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:59 pm

Nems wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

You're wetting yourself over less than 350,000 people migrating into the entire continent.

Wetting myself? Is there any need for such vulgarity?

Ask yourself why refugees are travelling through several countries instead of staying in the nearest safe country.

What is the US doing to help by the way?

America has said it will take 6000.

It's not nearly enough, and I'm sure Syrians would be more comfortable in our warm Southwest than in soggy, chilly northern Europe.

But as I pointed out earlier, Obama's hands are tied by our own right-wingers, who control both houses of Congress and are wetting themselves over the prospect of letting in scared families fleeing bombing and ISIS.

Sound familiar?

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:59 pm

Nems wrote:

Apart from anything else, I don't want strangers living in my home. I like me and my family and sometimes, that's hard enough!

Not in anyone's gang?

Exactly nems x
eddie
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:01 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

Not in anyone's gang?

Exactly nems x

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ietsism (just found this this morning)

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:04 pm

So again, truthfully, how many of you have, or are, putting your names forward as a volunteer to house refugees?

Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:06 pm

eddie wrote:So again, truthfully, how many of you have, or are, putting your names forward as a volunteer to house refugees?

Not me, I have no room and I doubt I'd be needed, given the pitiful number of refugees the U.S. is taking in. I've been researching relief organizations to donate to, though.

Wasn't going to say anything about that, because apparently telling people you're trying to help the refugees is a terribly selfish act.

Laughing

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:13 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:So again, truthfully, how many of you have, or are, putting your names forward as a volunteer to house refugees?

Not me, I have no room and I doubt I'd be needed, given the pitiful number of refugees the U.S. is taking in. I've been researching relief organizations to donate to, though.

Wasn't going to say anything about that, because apparently telling people you're trying to help the refugees is a terribly selfish act.

Laughing

Well our very own Bob Geldof decided to splash it all over the news so why not you? lol!

I wouldn't want to. I am selfish I suppose.
If I didn't have children I may, may....have considered it.
eddie
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:16 pm

well not me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:21 pm

I've got three spare rooms but they're not being offered to strangers .
I won't put my grandson in danger i don't know who these people are they could be ISIS and being Christian would surely chop off my head .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:23 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Laughing

Well our very own Bob Geldof decided to splash it all over the news so why not you? lol!

I wouldn't want to. I am selfish I suppose.
If I didn't have children I may, may....have considered it.

You're not selfish you work hard to make a safe home for your children why risk their lives letting strangers in , they could be pedo's ISIS whatever . We need to careful and protect ourselves and our children .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:25 pm

If you were a Refugee - Page 4 11988511_10153433939106311_5978446377317105600_n

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:31 pm

No the answer is.

"We were in a safe country after fleeing war in our own country... but now we are wanting to go to another country where we think we might be given better housing and more money...'

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No the answer is.

"We were in a safe country after fleeing war in our own country... but now we are wanting to go to another country where we think we might be given better housing and more money...'

Surely you don't mean Hungary.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:37 pm

No, Hungary is just another safe country that they think is not good enough for them...

Ungrateful bastards if you ask me!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:39 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No, Hungary is just another safe country that they think is not good enough for them...

Ungrateful bastards if you ask me!!!

Hungary doesn't want them.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/09/refugees-hungary-train-station-150903064140564.html

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:48 pm

Hungary were trying to process them as rules require, take fingerprints and photographs etc... but they started becoming hostile and were refusing to cooperate...

Being a refugee gives you a right to stay in a safe country... it doesn't give you the right to go to any country of your preferred choice where you think you might be given better housing or more money... and it doesn't give you the right. o travel through as many other safe countries as you want either and totally ignoring countries borders, rules and regulations.

These people were already in safe countries and that is all they are entitled to!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:If you were a Refugee - Page 4 11988511_10153433939106311_5978446377317105600_n

Yes Ben. Lost of people from Earth are nice.
Some kill other people from Earth. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:50 pm

And others try to deny refuge to people fleeing ISIS ...

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:56 pm

the royal family must have loads of empty bedrooms, same for the politicians, perhaps they should put these refugees up....

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:57 pm

They had refuge already... but they decided to stick two fingers up to the hospitality and shelter being given to them...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:07 pm

heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:the royal family must have loads of empty bedrooms, same for the politicians, perhaps they should put these refugees up....

They should. They also have lots of security, which should help them from dying of fear ...

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:51 pm

It's easy to be all noble and say people should open their homes to refugees , but we don't know the background of these people they could be murderers , pedophiles , ISIS it just isn't safe .

As a Christian i have to put my family first .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:47 pm

Oh for fuck sake is that racist dipshit back online?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:58 pm

Cuchulain wrote:Oh for fuck sake is that racist dipshit back online?

who ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Oh for fuck sake is that racist dipshit back online?

who ?

Your dickhead husband.
You are fine, he is a prick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:00 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

who ?

Your dickhead husband.

How rude didge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:00 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Your dickhead husband.

How rude didge

Frankly I do not give a shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:02 pm

It shows too

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:You cannot on one hand argue for the EU on the principle that we are all the same etc... while then arguing that some EU countries are different to others, when all EU countries are bound by the same rules!!!

EU rules state that refugees must declare themselves and register their claim of asylum in The first EU country they enter.

It's rules and not law. And what you say is not quite the case. Here' the document that should be provided to every asylum seeker entering their first EU country.

If you were a Refugee - Page 4 Asylum10

There are many factors involved in where people can claim asylum and anyway hardly any EU country complies with the Dublin agreement. It just doesn't work.

Germany scapped it just a few days ago,

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum