If you were a Refugee

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If you were a Refugee Empty If you were a Refugee

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Watching and reading all the media coverage on the refugee crisis has got me thinking of how I would feel and what I would do if I were a refugee fleeing from a war torn country and what would be the best for me and my family. Yes, I would be immensely relieved to reach the first safe country and grateful for help received. But would that be enough for me? On really thinking it through, no it wouldn't.

Having fled my country of birth and leaving behind my home, job, belongings, I would be wanting to seek a new life in the best country possible, that is able to help me the most in starting a new life. So no, I wouldn't settle for just the first safe country I came too. If you look at it through the eyes of a refugee, you would want too, what's best for your family, especially after all they have suffered and the atrocities witnessed. So I wouldn't begrudge these refugees who pass through other countries before arriving in Europe or to come to the UK if that is their choice. I'm very much sure that if you were in their situation, you too would want to seek help and support in the best place possible.

Back to top Go down

If you were a Refugee Empty Re: If you were a Refugee

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:15 pm

And here is one man I wish well on his search for peace and a new home.

One refugee who is stranded on the Greek island of Lesbos tells Sky News that the worst part of his journey has just begun.

A Syrian surgeon, who has made the perilous journey from war-torn Syria to Greece, has told Sky News he just wants to live in peace.After years treating victims of Syria's four-and-a-half-year civil war, Mouhannad said the situation ultimately became too dangerous.

Following in the footsteps of thousands of refugees before him, he travelled overnight from Ayvalik in Turkey to the Greek island of Lesbos. Though "scary," Mouhannad said the worst part of his trip is just beginning.

He is now stranded in Lesbos, waiting to collect official papers, without which he cannot continue his journey on to western Europe. But the papers are hard to come by; queues outside a local police station are currently 200-300m long.

He told Sky News he's surrounded by refugees from all walks of life. Other Syrian doctors, engineers, lawyers and accountants have all chosen to make the perilous trip in search of safety. Many ultimately hope to reach Germany, with word spreading that it has "opened its doors to refugees".

Although Germany is the "convenient choice," Mouhannad said he hopes to reach England. With almost perfect English, he knows he'll find it easier to get work. Though he knows a job in the medical profession is a long shot - at least initially - he said "the idea is not to stay on governmental aid."

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:50 pm

Chrstie, your Avatar is covering the left side of your posts at the top, does anyone else find this or is it just me?
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:05 pm

nicko wrote:Chrstie,   your Avatar  is covering the left side of your posts at the top,  does anyone else find this or is it just me?

I'm not seeing it, but I have a big-ass monitor since I design newspaper pages on it.

Nice thread, Christie, I'd just add that it's more likely that refugees from anywhere have some command of English than that they know any German, Italian, Spanish, etc.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:08 pm

I'm not seeing it either, although I was yesterday, and I have a small laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Christie wrote:Watching and reading all the media coverage on the refugee crisis has got me thinking of how I would feel and what I would do if I were a refugee fleeing from a war torn country and what would be the best for me and my family. Yes, I would be immensely relieved to reach the first safe country and grateful for help received. But would that be enough for me? On really thinking it through, no it wouldn't.

Having fled my country of birth and leaving behind my home, job, belongings, I would be wanting to seek a new life in the best country possible, that is able to help me the most in starting a new life. So no, I wouldn't settle for just the first safe country I came too. If you look at it through the eyes of a refugee, you would want too, what's best for your family, especially after all they have suffered and the atrocities witnessed. So I wouldn't begrudge these refugees who pass through other countries before arriving in Europe or to come to the UK if that is their choice. I'm very much sure that if you were in their situation, you too would want to seek help and support in the best place possible.

Absolutely agree, if you are going through hell you have got to focus on something good at the end of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Christie wrote:

One refugee who is stranded on the Greek island of Lesbos tells Sky News that the worst part of his journey has just begun.

A Syrian surgeon, who has made the perilous journey from war-torn Syria to Greece, has told Sky News he just wants to live in peace.After years treating victims of Syria's four-and-a-half-year civil war, Mouhannad said the situation ultimately became too dangerous.

Following in the footsteps of thousands of refugees before him, he travelled overnight from Ayvalik in Turkey to the Greek island of Lesbos. Though "scary," Mouhannad said the worst part of his trip is just beginning.

He is now stranded in Lesbos, waiting to collect official papers, without which he cannot continue his journey on to western Europe. But the papers are hard to come by; queues outside a local police station are currently 200-300m long.

He told Sky News he's surrounded by refugees from all walks of life. Other Syrian doctors, engineers, lawyers and accountants have all chosen to make the perilous trip in search of safety. Many ultimately hope to reach Germany, with word spreading that it has "opened its doors to refugees".

Although Germany is the "convenient choice," Mouhannad said he hopes to reach England. With almost perfect English, he knows he'll find it easier to get work.  Though he knows a job in the medical profession is a long shot - at least initially - he said "the idea is not to stay on governmental aid."

Wish him and the others the very best for their long, arduous journey.

Our local County Council is in meeting with other Councils for them all to offer homes to 10 families each and we are going to make sure they are welcomed if it happens.  And yes, before Tommy etc start, we already try to help local families.

The are 100,000 people homeless in this country, but 900,000 homes standing empty, many of them owned by developers who have left them to rot for years.  Perhaps this with be something that galvanising the authorities to help everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:28 pm

nicko wrote:Chrstie,   your Avatar  is covering the left side of your posts at the top,  does anyone else find this or is it just me?

Sorry about that nicko. I'll dispose of it and find another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I'm not seeing it, but I have a big-ass monitor since I design newspaper pages on it.

Nice thread, Christie, I'd just add that it's more likely that refugees from anywhere have some command of English than that they know any German, Italian, Spanish, etc.

Yes I would agree with that Ben. My main gripe is, I get fed up of hearing some people say these refugees should stay in the first safe country they arrive in. If they were really honest with themselves, would they if they were in their shoes? When you know there is a another country that can support you better? Its not wrong to want that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:39 pm

sassy wrote:
Christie wrote:

Although Germany is the "convenient choice," Mouhannad said he hopes to reach England. With almost perfect English, he knows he'll find it easier to get work.  Though he knows a job in the medical profession is a long shot - at least initially - he said "the idea is not to stay on governmental aid."

Our local County Council is in meeting with other Councils for them all to offer homes to 10 families each and we are going to make sure they are welcomed if it happens.  And yes, before Tommy etc start, we already try to help local families.

The are 100,000 people homeless in this country, but 900,000 homes standing empty, many of them owned by developers who have left them to rot for years.  Perhaps this with be something that galvanising the authorities to help everyone.

This is wonderful, I hear there are many councils up and down the country willing and offering to do their bit. One thing I will say is, the £100million that Cameron has just pledged to send to the Refugee camps, I think could be used here instead to build homes for the Syrians that are going to start arriving here soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Thanks Christie, ok now.
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:17 pm

Ok I think, I'd settle for a while, in the first safe place I came to. I'd settle and give ourselves time to think and gain strength and test out if this country was okay to stay in.

I do see the points people make when they say that refugees risk their lives then arrive safely and then risk their lives again...when they could've stayed in the first safe haven they came to?

Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Because that is what they have done in Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey who now have a lot more than their fair share, especially as they are not the ones making a fortune out of the wars or invading other people's countries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:17 pm

Heart warming scenes tonight in Munich, as Germans have came out to welcome the refugees arriving at the train station.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:23 pm

Christie wrote:Heart warming scenes tonight in Munich, as Germans have came out to welcome the refugees arriving at the train station.

Been watching, it's brilliant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:37 pm

sassy wrote:
Christie wrote:Heart warming scenes tonight in Munich, as Germans have came out to welcome the refugees arriving at the train station.

Been watching, it's brilliant.

The video of it for anyone who missed it.

http://news.sky.com/story/1547304/migrants-arrive-in-munich-on-train-from-austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:48 pm

Christie wrote:Watching and reading all the media coverage on the refugee crisis has got me thinking of how I would feel and what I would do if I were a refugee fleeing from a war torn country and what would be the best for me and my family. Yes, I would be immensely relieved to reach the first safe country and grateful for help received. But would that be enough for me? On really thinking it through, no it wouldn't.

Well that would make you an economic migrant rather a refugee who needed to reach the first place of safety.

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:49 pm

Christie wrote:
sassy wrote:

This is wonderful, I hear there are many councils up and down the country willing and offering to do their bit. One thing I will say is, the £100million that Cameron has just pledged to send to the Refugee camps, I think could be used here instead to build homes for the Syrians that are going to start arriving here soon.  

Yes, that would go down really well with all the British people who say they're crying out for somewhere to live.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Well that would make you an economic migrant rather a refugee who needed to reach the first place of safety.

No, not necessarily.

How does UNHCR distinguish between a refugee and an economic migrant?

An economic migrant normally leaves a country voluntarily to seek a better life. Should he or she elect to return home, they would continue to receive the protection of their government. Refugees flee because of the threat of persecution and cannot return safely to their homes in the prevailing circumstances.

Plus there are no laws that say to be a refugee, you must only stay in the first country you arrive at.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Christie wrote:

Yes, that would go down really well with all the British people who say they're crying out for somewhere to live.

The money would have been spent on them anyway. Like it or not, we would still have to find homes for these people and that money could be used for that. That way we don't spend even more money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:28 pm

Christie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The money would have been spent on them anyway. Like it or not, we would still have to find homes for these people and that money could be used for that. That way we don't spend even more money.

So you think that all the people who have been saying they need new homes won't say a word if new homes were immediately built and allocated to refugees? Dream on.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I quite agree!

If you're homeless and hungry and offered a cup of tea and a sandwich and a warm dry place to put up for the night... you don't then say that isn't good enough and demand to be dined at the Savoy And then put up in Buckingham palace now do you...!?

Well...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10499829/Asylum-seekers-put-up-in-luxury-hotel-at-cost-of-400000.html

PLenty of other examples of this out there...

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:38 pm

I noticed it all the time , she's changed it now though

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:39 pm

If these refugees are perceived to be treated better than British citizens, it will end in tears. I'm not saying they shouldn't come here and they shouldn't be helped, but suggesting that a load of new houses should be built just for them is asking for trouble.

People here are already moaning about cuts to this, and cuts to that. They don't want the bedroom tax, they don't want to have to find somewhere to live themselves, they want this, they want that, blah blah blah. They will not like it if others are treated more favourably at their expense.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:50 pm

We have problems already because of The huge numbers of immigrants being allowed to come here!!!

Is it not enough houses or too many arrivals wanting somewhere to live!!!???

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:37 pm

Yes I appreciate some will be peeved off, but you're missing the point. The £100 million would have been spent on them anyway in the refugee camps, so why not spend it here in the UK building them homes. They are going to need someone to live, like it or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Christie wrote:Yes I appreciate some will be peeved off, but you're missing the point. The £100 million would have been spent on them anyway in the refugee camps, so why not spend it here in the UK building them homes. They are going to need someone to live, like it or not.

Because people will ask why that money couldn't have been spent before on building new homes.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Christie wrote:Yes I appreciate some will be peeved off, but you're missing the point. The £100 million would have been spent on them anyway in the refugee camps, so why not spend it here in the UK building them homes. They are going to need someone to live, like it or not.

Because people will ask why that money couldn't have been spent before on building new homes.

And yet people are happy to accept paying out for families with children through taxes. Children cannot pay tax and even these families have better tax relief from that. What is the difference in helping someone you do not know compared to someone you do not know?
In other words there is no difference.You are the one creating a difference when there is no need of one,
You only do so as any means to deny helping others not born from these shores
So let the people ask. You might want to ask them why they have never objected before that their money contributes towards people who they do not know from Adam?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:24 pm

Nobody is disputing the fact that Syria is in the middle of a brutal and barbaric civil war, or that there are huge numbers of innocent people trying to get away from it all...

They quite rightly should be trying to get away from it, and fleeing to the nearest possible places to them that are safe.

That has already been happening and those now wanting to travel further into northern Europe are already in safe countries and far enough away from the dangers of The fighting... So should really just stay where they are and get on with things as best they can, and be happy for the safety and sanctuary given... as they are now in a place of safety and sanctuary then they are no longer in danger and therefore have no legitimate claims to carry on trying to travel to a place of their choice that they think might be better for them for what only remains to now be for economic reasons for their own personal financial benefit!!!

If a drowning man is rescued into a fishing boat... does he then have any right to board a passing luxury yacht to be rescued from drowning...!!!???

And then to board a passing cruise liner to be rescued from drowning...!!!???

And then if the queen is passing by in The royal ship... he can still claim a right to board to be saved from drowning...!!!???

What's wrong with some of You people...!!!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Nobody is disputing the fact that Syria is in the middle of a brutal and barbaric civil war, or that there are huge numbers of innocent people trying to get away from it all...

They quite rightly should be trying to get away from it, and fleeing to the nearest possible places to them that are safe.

That has already been happening and those now wanting to travel further into northern Europe are already in safe countries and far enough away from the dangers of The fighting... So should really just stay where they are and get on with things as best they can, and be happy for the safety and sanctuary given... as they are now in a place of safety and sanctuary then they are no longer in danger and therefore have no legitimate claims to carry on trying to travel to a place of their choice that they think might be better for them for what only remains to now be for economic reasons for their own personal financial benefit!!!

If a drowning man is rescued into a fishing boat... does he then have any right to board a passing luxury yacht to be rescued from drowning...!!!???

And then if the queen is passing by in The royal ship... he can still claim a right to board to be saved from drowning...!!!???

Refugees don't want to stay in Hungary, Serbia, or Turkey, etc, because they prefer to go to richer countries. This is becoming a huge mass migration rather than anything else.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Nobody is disputing the fact that Syria is in the middle of a brutal and barbaric civil war, or that there are huge numbers of innocent people trying to get away from it all...

What a load of inane drivel.
You are trying to decide where people should live based on never having experinced preseuction. You then also claim people should feel safe in another country, even if they do not feel safe, because you have decided so. If for example Eddie has to flee her home because of an infestation of spiders and you advise to move next door, claiming its safe, for only then once there that Eddie finds out there is more spiders and that its not safe at all. You then ask your most dumbest question of all, whether a life should be saved based off a right to live. Everyone has a right to life and that we all ensuire to save any. So your reasoning on rights to what rights a person has when facing persecution, is that they have every right. Sadly your reasoning tommy is no reasoning at all. It looks for excuses to justify your selfishness,

Its not all about you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Refugees don't want to stay in Hungary, Serbia, or Turkey, etc, because they prefer to go to richer countries. This is becoming a huge mass migration rather than anything else.

Is that why over 3 million, Syrian refugees are in Jorden, Lebanon and Turkey?
Maybe you could explain how these 3 xountries must be the richest according to your logic of where you claim they prefer to go to richer countries?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:40 pm

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story eh Rags.

Hungary only let them in on the condition Germany said it would open it's borders to them and they wouldn't stay, Hungary is a very RW state, totally xenaphobic and getting very close to Nazism these days.  Turkey has 2 million of them.  The majority are in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan

UNHCR says only 6 per cent of Syrians fleeing the war have come to Europe

If you were a Refugee COEuDBrU8AAlNc0

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-europes-migration-crisis/21469

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:43 pm

You beat me to it, Sass -- here's another graphic I found.

If you were a Refugee COBpQa5WIAAaict

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:44 pm

sassy wrote:Don't let facts get in the way of a good story eh Rags.

Hungary only let them in on the condition Germany said it would open it's borders to them and they wouldn't stay, Hungary is a very RW state, totally xenaphobic and getting very close to Nazism these days.  Turkey has 2 million of them.  The majority are in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan

So why are there reports that the refugees in Hungary are refusing to get off trains? Why are they trying to get to Germany rather than stay in Hungary?

Why are people getting into leaky boats in Turkey rather than stay there?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:45 pm

The bigotry and sheer nastiness against people who have gone through absolute hell on earth - quite literally, makes me sick to my stomach.  I'd quite happily make them swap places so that that they could get a real perspective on the evil they are saying.

Last edited by sassy on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

So why are there reports that the refugees in Hungary are refusing to get off trains? Why are they trying to get to Germany rather than stay in Hungary?

You're wetting yourself over less than 350,000 people migrating into the entire continent.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

For the simple fact they are not made to feel welcome in that country.
Did that fact not escape you?
That not only that millions more have fled to countries in the Middle east who are not that rich?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

OFGS.  They didn't want to get off the trains because the Hungarians were putting people in camps in fucking cages like animals and they wanted to stay of the train to go to Germany, they had tickets for it.

Turkey has already got 2 million and it can't take everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:49 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You're wetting yourself over less than 350,000 people migrating into the entire continent.

Wetting myself? Is there any need for such vulgarity?

Ask yourself why refugees are travelling through several countries instead of staying in the nearest safe country.

What is the US doing to help by the way?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I'll tell you why they don't stay in Hungary. Because if they had went to they camps in Hungary, they was every chance they would have been deported back to where the came from and they knew that. Thats why they refused to move off the train and eventually started to walk to the Austrian border.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:50 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

OFGS.  They didn't want to get off the trains because the Hungarians were putting people in camps in fucking cages like animals and they wanted to stay of the train to go to Germany, they had tickets for it.

Turkey has already got 2 million and it can't take everyone.

In other words, they're not actually interested in being safe at all, they want to go where they can have a nicer lifestyle. Like I said, many of them are economic migrants.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Ask yourself why refugees are travelling through several countries instead of staying in the nearest safe country.

Why do you think you get to decide what feels safe for someone else?

That is why your views fall apart.

You look for reasons to deny help.

You have no wish to accomadate, so you look to find excuses to justify not helping.

Born from a selfishness that trait

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:52 pm

https://www.facebook.com/ajplusenglish/videos/574290762712435/

How refugees are treated in Hungary - there is a video of them locked up there, men, women, children, babies, the sick and the old, locked behind bars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:53 pm

Christie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'll tell you why they don't stay in Hungary. Because if they had went to they camps in Hungary, they was every chance they would have been deported back to where the came from and they knew that. Thats why they refused to move off the train and eventually started to walk to the Austrian border.

Deported back to where exactly? If they claim asylum in Hungary, they would not be deported.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Christie wrote:

Deported back to where exactly? If they claim asylum in Hungary, they would not be deported.

Look it up Raggs, they would have been deported back to their country of origin. Its been on the news. Hungary is very hostile to refugees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I've never heard of anyone calling the phrase "wetting oneself" as vulgarity ... I think they're probably leaving the nearest safe country and coming to the UK because they hate your people and land and they're planning to blow it up.

The U.S. isn't doing nearly enough to help, though that's because of conservatives. Conservatives are the main reason the U.S. sucks:

On 29 January 2015, the Conservative Tribune published an article that gained a good deal of online attention with its headline proclaiming that President Obama was "secretly importing 75,000 Muslims" into the United States. However, a quick read of the article's opening paragraphs revealed the subject at hand was Syrian (not specifically Muslim) immigrants, and the 75,000 figure was a speculative one. Moreover, the article offered nothing to support the characterization of some process at work that was being carried out "secretly":
The Obama administration is preparing to bring as many as 75,000 Syrian immigrants into the United States over the next five years, most of them Muslim refugees fleeing the Islamic State.

The government plans to allow 10,000 Syrians to immigrate to America in 2015 alone, resettling them in seven or more states around the country.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/secretmuslims.asp#vZyIEWwkuGlBIlfR.99

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Raggamuffin wrote:
Christie wrote:

You just evaded every point she just made to you,
You then proceded to deflect in your reply

Back to top Go down

Raggamuffin wrote:
Christie wrote:

Which just shows how ignorant you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:56 pm

Christie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Look it up Raggs, they would have been deported back to their country of origin. Its been on the news. Hungary is very hostile to refugees.

Post a link please.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum