Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:59 am

First topic message reminder :

A Ukip candidate has sparked outrage after criticising the parents of the Syrian child pictured washed up dead on a beach - for being "greedy for the good life in Europe". Peter Bucklitsch, who finished fourth in the Wimbledon constituency at the General Election, shocked Twitter users by claiming that the three-year-old Aylan Kurdi was "well clothed & well fed". ie suggested the boy's parents should not have risked his life by trying to make the 13-mile journey across the Mediterranean from Turkey to the Greek island of Kos.

In a shocking post on Twitter, he added: "Queue jumping costs". He also made the remarkable claim that Turkey "is not a place where the family was in danger" and said: "Leaving that safe place put the family in peril".



In a shocking post on Twitter, he added: "Queue jumping costs". He also made the remarkable claim that Turkey "is not a place where the family was in danger" and said: "Leaving that safe place put the family in peril".
 
The little Syrian boy was well clothed & well fed. He died because his parents were greedy for the good life in Europe. Queue jumping costs.
— Peter Bucklitsch (@bucklitsch) September 3, 2015

Predictable unthinking outrage. Turkey is not a place where the family was in danger. Leaving that safe place put the family in peril.
— Peter Bucklitsch (@bucklitsch) September 3, 2015
 
His posts triggered a furious backlash on Twitter, with users describing him as "evil," "heartless" and "unbelievably cruel," while high profile figures such as Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron and ex-footballer Stan Collymore also denounced his remarks.Mr Bucklitsch is understood to have been expelled by the Liberal Democrats in 2011 after he stood for the Conservatives in a council election. Tim Farron, the Liberal Democrat leader, took to Twitter to denounce his comments:
 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-candidate-sparks-outrage-after-blaming-aylan-kurdis-greedy-parents-for-his-death-10484911.html


What an utter twat.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:27 pm

Christie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So is it not true that his sister had applied on behalf of a different brother?

The trouble is that if they make this poor child a symbol, people will go into the background of this family, and not everyone will think that they were fleeing for their lives.

Yes it is true that his sister had at first tried to get his brother over first, the reason given was because he had school age children. But when that failed, she said there was no point in trying for the other brother, so instead sent him the money to pay the smugglers for the boat over to Kos.

Right, so the stories about Canada refusing to take him and his family are not true. They had no application to do so.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28192
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Christie wrote:

Yes it is true that his sister had at first tried to get his brother over first, the reason given was because he had school age children. But when that failed, she said there was no point in trying for the other brother, so instead sent him the money to pay the smugglers for the boat over to Kos.

Right, so the stories about Canada refusing to take him and his family are not true. They had no application to do so.

Correct, no application was ever made for him to go to Canada, due to the other brother's case being denied.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:59 am

well said Peter Bucklitsch.

he is of course correct in what he is saying

"Turkey is not a place where the family was in danger. Leaving that safe place put the family in peril"

this is a true statement, loads of brits go to turkey on holiday every year , not really sure what "danger" the father was fleeing especially since he went BACK to bury his son

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon

smelly-bandit

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:04 am

smelly-bandit wrote:well said Peter Bucklitsch.

he is of course correct in what he is saying

"Turkey is not a place where the family was in danger. Leaving that safe place put the family in peril"

this is a true statement, loads of brits go to turkey on holiday every year , not really sure what "danger" the father was fleeing especially since he went BACK to bury his son  

Oh my, how silly of you.'' loads of brits go to turkey on holiday every year'' you say. Of course they do, but they are not living there permanently facing hostile treatment and nor are they Kurdish Syrians.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:06 am

smelly-bandit wrote:well said Peter Bucklitsch.

he is of course correct in what he is saying

"Turkey is not a place where the family was in danger. Leaving that safe place put the family in peril"

this is a true statement, loads of brits go to turkey on holiday every year , not really sure what "danger" the father was fleeing especially since he went BACK to bury his son  

So Kurds are treated as equals in Turkey then?
That does not fit the picture at all of how Kurds are treated there.
So going off how British people fair for two weeks is far removed from people having to live there who are treated as an enemy by the Turkish authorities.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:14 am

Christie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:well said Peter Bucklitsch.

he is of course correct in what he is saying

"Turkey is not a place where the family was in danger. Leaving that safe place put the family in peril"

this is a true statement, loads of brits go to turkey on holiday every year , not really sure what "danger" the father was fleeing especially since he went BACK to bury his son  

Oh my, how silly of you.'' loads of brits go to turkey on holiday every year'' you say. Of course they do, but they are not living there permanently facing hostile treatment and nor are they Kurdish Syrians.

would you go to turkey for holiday??


smelly-bandit

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:15 am

Cuchulain wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:well said Peter Bucklitsch.

he is of course correct in what he is saying

"Turkey is not a place where the family was in danger. Leaving that safe place put the family in peril"

this is a true statement, loads of brits go to turkey on holiday every year , not really sure what "danger" the father was fleeing especially since he went BACK to bury his son  

So Kurds are treated as equals in Turkey then?
That does not fit the picture at all of how Kurds are treated there.
So going off how British people fair for two weeks is far removed from people having to live there who are treated as an enemy by the Turkish authorities.

would you go to turkey for holiday??

smelly-bandit

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:19 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

So Kurds are treated as equals in Turkey then?
That does not fit the picture at all of how Kurds are treated there.
So going off how British people fair for two weeks is far removed from people having to live there who are treated as an enemy by the Turkish authorities.

would you go to turkey for holiday??


I have been there on holiday, but then I am not Kurdish and nor do I have to live there permentantly.
If I was Kurdish then my reasoning to avoid Turkey as a holiday destination would be well founded.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:21 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

So Kurds are treated as equals in Turkey then?
That does not fit the picture at all of how Kurds are treated there.
So going off how British people fair for two weeks is far removed from people having to live there who are treated as an enemy by the Turkish authorities.

would you go to turkey for holiday??

I have in the past, yes. Would I go now? Probably not, given the proximity to the troubles in the Middle East. But I certainly would not remain there for long if I were a Kurdish Syrian.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:24 am

Smelly's reasoning is weak here to say the least. His view is if that someone else feels safe, then everyone should do so. That is like saying to someone who suffers from Arachnophobia that they will be fine to live in a house full of spiders. Its down to how people feel themselves in a given situation where Kurds are mistreated in Turkey. So it matters little if some British people feel comfortable going there on holiday. That is an absurd moot point.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:58 am

Why would people jump into the sea if the land they were living on, was safe?

Seriously. why are people ignoring this fact?

_________________
“She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.”
~ Atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30724
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:59 am

eddie wrote:Why would people jump into the sea if the land they were living on, was safe?

Seriously. why are people ignoring this fact?

What makes you think it was safe on the land?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:00 am

whats that walter?? being kurdish is something youre NOT an expert in??

i had totally lost any hope of ever finding a topc on which you werent fully versed.

but seriously,its a sad thing for the man no doubt, however had he made it to Kos ie europe ie where he no longer faced daily beatings by the turks, he would be just another of the hundreds of thousands of economic migrnats swarming across europe to the richer countries.

reality is that he like every other economic migrant, thousands of syrian kurds ARE living in turkey, they may not have the best life but they are ALIVE.


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon

smelly-bandit

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:01 am

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:Why would people jump into the sea if the land they were living on, was safe?

Seriously. why are people ignoring this fact?

What makes you think it was safe on the land?

because brits go there on holiday??

seems perfectly safe to me, and its perfectly safe for the thousands of other syrian kurds living there

smelly-bandit

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:02 am

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:Why would people jump into the sea if the land they were living on, was safe?

Seriously. why are people ignoring this fact?

What makes you think it was safe on the land?

I don't?
You didn't read it properly Rolling Eyes
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30724
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:03 am

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

What makes you think it was safe on the land?

I don't?
You didn't read it properly Rolling Eyes

How else is there to read it?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:17 am

Oh dear.
I'll,let someone else explain it because I can't explain it any better than how it's written.

_________________
“She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.”
~ Atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30724
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:22 am

eddie wrote:Oh dear.
I'll,let someone else explain it because I can't explain it any better than how it's written.

You want to hope someone explains something you are incapable of explaining yourself?
Odd

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh dear.
I'll,let someone else explain it because I can't explain it any better than how it's written.

You want to hope someone explains something you are incapable of explaining yourself?
Odd

No. What's odd is how you dont understand it?
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30724
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by sassy on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:27 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

You want to hope someone explains something you are incapable of explaining yourself?
Odd

No. What's odd is how you dont understand it?

Are you talking about the 'no-one puts their children on the water unless the water is safer than the land'?

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17176
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:33 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

You want to hope someone explains something you are incapable of explaining yourself?
Odd

No. What's odd is how you dont understand it?

I understood the sentence.
You said I was wrong from reading it correctly.
How so?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:47 pm

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

You want to hope someone explains something you are incapable of explaining yourself?
Odd

No. What's odd is how you dont understand it?

Are you talking about the 'no-one puts their children on the water unless the water is safer than the land'?

Yes.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30724
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Well said smelly... wondered where you'd been...!


Laughing


And Eddie... you are starting to see the facts of The matter...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18101
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukip candidate sparks outrage after blaming Aylan Kurdi's 'greedy' parents for his death

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:59 pm

eddie wrote:Why would people jump into the sea if the land they were living on, was safe?

Seriously. why are people ignoring this fact?

They were safe but they wanted to leave Turkey, and they were unable to do so in a legitimate way apparently. They went via boat because there was less chance of them being detected.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28192
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum