The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Go down

The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:22 pm

Domestic violence is an epidemic-scale problem in Australia, a leading Sex Discrimination Commissioner has said. Elizabeth Broderick, who will step down from her position at the Human Rights Commission on Friday, told reporters it was the "gravest human rights abuse" taking place in the country. “Domestic violence and violence against women and their children is the gravest human rights abuse happening here in Australia today,” she said. She said the country was beginning to realise that domestic violence was of “epidemic proportions”, according to the Guardian.
Broderick said the fact that two women a week were “murdered by men they know”, was “just beyond belief”, The Sydney Morning Herald reported. In 2012, Australia’s Personal Safety Survey found 41 per cent of women and 49 per cent of men had experienced some form of violence since the age of 15.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/the-western-country-where-domestic-violence-is-of-epidemic-proportions-10482336.html




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:05 pm

No surprise there. It's full of loud-mouthed louts like Veya.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:No surprise there. It's full of loud-mouthed louts like Veya.


Way below the belt and unfounded.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:No surprise there. It's full of loud-mouthed louts like Veya.


Way below the belt and unfounded.

I don't care - I'm sick of his gobby anti-Brit rants. He can shove off.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


Way below the belt and unfounded.

I don't care - I'm sick of his gobby anti-Brit rants. He can shove off.

That is no excuse to claim or imply commits domestic violence.
If you are wound up, that is your own fault.
Use your brain and debate back and show his points are wrong, not make poor unfounded accusations.


Last edited by Cuchulain on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't care - I'm sick of his gobby anti-Brit rants. He can shove off.

That is no excuse to claim or imply commits domestic violence.
If you are wopund up, that is your own fault.
Use your brain and debate back and show his points are wrong, not make poor unfounded accusations.

Nope - you do what you want, and I'll do what I want.

Why you think you run this forum is a mystery.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

That is no excuse to claim or imply commits domestic violence.
If you are wopund up, that is your own fault.
Use your brain and debate back and show his points are wrong, not make poor unfounded accusations.

Nope - you do what you want, and I'll do what I want.

Why you think you run this forum is a mystery.

Never claimed to run this forum, I will though speak out on utterly childish and unwarranted accusations, and all because you are wound up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nope - you do what you want, and I'll do what I want.

Why you think you run this forum is a mystery.

Never claimed to run this forum, I will though speak out on utterly childish and unwarranted accusations, and all because you are wound up.

You only started the thread to stir anyway.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Never claimed to run this forum, I will though speak out on utterly childish and unwarranted accusations, and all because you are wound up.

You only started the thread to stir anyway.

Is that so?
So after making a complete tit of yourself here, all because Veya deliberately winds up about the Brits because he knows some bite, you now deflect away from your own silliness to claim this thread was started to stir.
Never laughed at such stupidity.
You have ruined the thread now all because you wanted to stamp your feet loud enough.

I started the thread because I would like to have the views of those who live there.
Bee and Veya.
Bee has not been on much of late, but its good to hear from those who actually live there, so no idea how you think that is starting unless you have some other paranoid reason.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Veya used to be OK, but now he's a full-on Brit hater. He can dish it out, but can he take it back?


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Veya used to be OK, but now he's a full-on Brit hater. He can dish it out, but can he take it back?




Which means he has succeeded in his aims in winding you.
As I said he does this deliberately, as he knows people will bite.
His views do come across as xenophobic at times and he has been pulled up on, because he gets too exciting in taking the piss.
Take the piss back and rise to the challenge.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Veya used to be OK, but now he's a full-on Brit hater. He can dish it out, but can he take it back?




Which means he has succeeded in his aims in winding you.
As I said he does this deliberately, as he knows people will bite.
His views do come across as xenophobic at times and he has been pulled up on, because he gets too exciting in taking the piss.
Take the piss back and rise to the challenge.

Don't tell me what to do.

If he wants to call me a thief, or my family thieves, he can take some back, loud-mouthed gobby Aussie that he is.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:



Which means he has succeeded in his aims in winding you.
As I said he does this deliberately, as he knows people will bite.
His views do come across as xenophobic at times and he has been pulled up on, because he gets too exciting in taking the piss.
Take the piss back and rise to the challenge.

Don't tell me what to do.

If he wants to call me a thief, or my family thieves, he can take some back, loud-mouthed gobby Aussie that he is.

Oh grow up you pathetic little brat.
Clearly you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or have not had a coffee yet.
You are just being an idiot now, where Veya has clearly wound you completely up and to be honest now after your childish views, I think its hilarious.

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:30 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Don't tell me what to do.

If he wants to call me a thief, or my family thieves, he can take some back, loud-mouthed gobby Aussie that he is.

Oh grow up you pathetic little brat.
Clearly you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or have not had a coffee yet.
You are just being an idiot now, where Veya has clearly wound you completely up and to be honest now after your childish views, I think its hilarious.

Laughing

You didn't find it hilarious when I first posted in this thread did you? Awwwwwwww.

You're not a real Brit anyway, so naturally you side with Veya. You're both just jealous.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Oh grow up you pathetic little brat.
Clearly you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or have not had a coffee yet.
You are just being an idiot now, where Veya has clearly wound you completely up and to be honest now after your childish views, I think its hilarious.

Laughing

You didn't find it hilarious when I first posted in this thread did you? Awwwwwwww.

You're not a real Brit anyway, so naturally you side with Veya. You're both just jealous.

I was pulling you up rightly so for your unfounded accusation, which as seen was childish and in response to you being very wound up, which like say, I am now in stitches over you are that wound up.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

So now you decide who is British, when being British is just a concept.
Do you think you need to have certain genes to be British which this concept was invented in 1707?

Ha ha you really are one thick fucker.
So I am as much British as you are, as its just a concept, not something biological

Sorry but do you wish for me to continue to make you look a right idiot?

Please do


Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:34 pm

You're going back on ignore for a while Didge - can't be doing with your malice today.


Last edited by Raggamuffin on Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30553
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:You're going back on ignore for a while Didge - can't be do with your malice today.




Ha ha ha ha ha

You were the one with all the malice towards Veya

Bye then little baby, best you go and have a hug eh and dry your eyes out.


Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:57 am

you cant say anything against this.....

Its a "cultural thing"

like barbies and (spit) fosters

corks in your hat brim

Its the "ned kelly" in them


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:36 am

Raggamuffin wrote:No surprise there. It's full of loud-mouthed louts like Veya.

lol it is the women that do the violence more 49% of men get abuse only 41% of women tongue tongue tongue

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17950
Join date : 2013-01-24
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:03 am

I actually think this is because we don't give a shit about cultural background, if the cops get called charges are laid whether the victim wants to or not. so the number appears higher because you can get charged for less. i don't know the figures but i believe some segments of the community may be represented more than others

but also it in not just violence against women
a man is killed by his female partner every 10 days, given it every 6 days for women.

And @ Raggs
Of course we have a problem TOO MANY VIOLENT ANGLOS tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue


And by the way
http://theconversation.com/official-statistics-mask-extent-of-domestic-violence-in-the-uk-43087
www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/sn06337.pdf
30 per cent of women and 16.3 per cent of men in England and Wales will experience domestic violence in their lifetime.
Even with inferior reporting on domestic violence deaths
you have 526 deaths from domestic violence a year we had 190
you have triple our population so projected would be 570, not a huge difference.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17950
Join date : 2013-01-24
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:06 am

Also Broderick is sexist and has set gender equality back a decade. hugely disrespected in the broader community as an out of touch.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17950
Join date : 2013-01-24
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:11 am

Raggamuffin wrote:No surprise there. It's full of loud-mouthed louts like Veya.

Steady on rags. You don't want to go making accusations like that.
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34831
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:13 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Veya used to be OK, but now he's a full-on Brit hater. He can dish it out, but can he take it back?




Which means he has succeeded in his aims in winding you.
As I said he does this deliberately, as he knows people will bite.
His views do come across as xenophobic at times and he has been pulled up on, because he gets too exciting in taking the piss.
Take the piss back and rise to the challenge.

If Veya has admitted to deliberately winding people up, I'd say that was childish and uncalled for and also inflaming a situation.

It's called goading and it's not nice.
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34831
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:26 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:No surprise there. It's full of loud-mouthed louts like Veya.


Way below the belt and unfounded.

I don't care - I'm sick of his gobby anti-Brit rants. He can shove off.

I'm pretty sure Veya has no problem with Brits who are thoughtful, warm-hearted and broad-minded.

_________________
"I just want a big fat fucking cake or some shit!"

~eddie, when she was hungry this one time
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23984
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:37 am

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:



Which means he has succeeded in his aims in winding you.
As I said he does this deliberately, as he knows people will bite.
His views do come across as xenophobic at times and he has been pulled up on, because he gets too exciting in taking the piss.
Take the piss back and rise to the challenge.

If Veya has admitted to deliberately winding people up, I'd say that was childish and uncalled for and also inflaming a situation.

It's called goading and it's not nice.



Wow, if by winding he is taking the piss out of the Brits does not warrant that kind of response making such poor accusations. How you even attempt to again defend her when she is clearly in the wrong is beyond belief. Banter over nationalities happens all the time, if she gets wound up over it, then she herself has allowed for it to be a problem. We are all proud of being British, but if she is wound up over his views to the point of basically claiming he is a racist child killer in the making was nothing short of disgusting

Unbelievable you yet again deflect away from her wrongs here.
If goading is wrong then she is also guilty of this countless times, so even on that she would be as hypocritical for doing so herself.
Eddie, this is why I have no faith in you being fair

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:39 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:No surprise there. It's full of loud-mouthed louts like Veya.

Steady on rags. You don't want to go making accusations like that.

I guess didge, in your unbiased attitude toward me, you didn't see this.

avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34831
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:43 am

eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Steady on rags. You don't want to go making accusations like that.

I guess didge, in your unbiased attitude toward me, you didn't see this.


Yes I did see this Eddie which is tame, where you made out Veya to being the evil monster here for his piss take views on the British. Seriously read back what you wrote where you are in fact trying to excuse her outbursts based off being goaded. There is no excuse for any outburst even from me, its where we lose our cool.
That is what yet again I am disappointed at. You give here a gentle, steady on to Rags but then proceed to say about Veya as if he is the cause.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:51 am

Ok wasn't going to bother replying but I will:

I said IF that's what he's doing then it's out of order because it's goading and that, is against forum rules.

What she said, doesn't break any rules.

Okay?

I'll let you have the last word becaeue obviously, you will be right and you will try to make me see this and.........

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34831
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:55 am

eddie wrote:Ok wasn't going to bother replying but I will:

I said IF that's what he's doing then it's out of order because it's goading and that, is against forum rules.

What she said, doesn't break any rules.

Okay?

I'll let you have the last word becaeue obviously, you will be right and you will try to make me see this and.........


She does goad though and what Veya said was very subjective in regards to saying it offended her to the point of her remarks. That is now two days you have jumped to defend here when she was bang out of order, which to me proves your poor bias and why like I say, I go straight to Ben


Its about how you favour some and disfavour others, yesterday being a prime example with how you jumped on a thread Rags had been soundly out debated by Quill. So you will have to accept the fact I can rightly be critical when I find your posts biased. 
So again yesterday you were very poor in your judgement as seen by my reply to you jumping in:

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t11331p50-fox-news-calls-black-lives-matter-movement-a-murder-movement-hate-group

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Original Quill on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:57 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:No surprise there. It's full of loud-mouthed louts like Veya.

lol it is the women that do the violence more 49% of men get abuse only 41% of women tongue tongue tongue

D'ya s'pose that's the reason why Raggs reacts so? Razz


Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23682
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:58 am

Didge I got to the bit where you said you'll always go to Ben and I stopped reading, because you seem to love telling me this as if I actually care?

I'd really prefer you did go to Ben.
That's really, really, fine my me!

He pulled the short straw on that one lol!

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34831
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:01 am

eddie wrote:Didge I got to the bit where you said you'll always go to Ben and I stopped reading, because you seem to love telling me this as if I actually care?

I'd really prefer you did go to Ben.
That's really, really, fine my me!

He pulled the short straw on that one lol!


No problem Eddie
This will not stop me being critical of you when I clearly see you are being biased as you have now done so twice in two days.

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:16 am

eddie wrote:Didge I got to the bit where you said you'll always go to Ben and I stopped reading, because you seem to love telling me this as if I actually care?

I'd really prefer you did go to Ben.
That's really, really, fine my me!

He pulled the short straw on that one lol!


I should add, the last part is you attempting to goad, so basically contradicting yourself ha ha.

So after all that baloney you spewed out in regards to Veya, you just go and do what you claim is childish ha ha 

lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:07 am

Rolling Eyes

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34831
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
No surprise there. It's full of loud-mouthed louts like Veya.

pirat

MORE Xenophobic nonsense from the minority Pommy turd munchers and cake bakers circle...

3 or 4 empty-headed gits without a brain between them..

Suspect

_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2014-03-08
Age : 60
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Western country where domestic violence is of ‘epidemic proportions’

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum