Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:09 am


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:49 pm

sassy wrote:was in fact pointing out its absurd and contradictory nature especially when it comes to who Jesus claimed to be


Learn to read Tommy.
Good advice ....sadly wasted on Tommy i am afraid

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:So you don't believe the bible but believe the bit which claims what Jesus claimed to be...!?




He does not need or require to believe either.
What he can rightly do is point out the contradictions to a Christians who does believe the bible to be true.
I mean you make many assertations on the life of Muhammad so much so does that make you believe the Quran was the word of Allah? Its all about those who did believe that it is true.
Are you saying you need to believe a passage in order to show how a faith contradicts in its belief off passages?

If you want a historicity lesson, the view  accepted by many historians is that the sayings of Jesus point to them being actual sayings. This is reasoned by the fact they are repeated and replicated in not just the works found in the bible but also those omitted, near enough 80+ not included. Its the miracles and claims to what he did that lack any validity or evidence. So if Jesus said he did not come to change the law but to fullfil it, then it stands to reason this is something that could be very well something he may well have said/ Who knows, but the point is if Korben questions verses found within a faith he is doing so based on those who truely believe the bible

Does that help understand why you are being a complete idiot here?
i doubt it Tommy understands very little as has been plainly obvious for some time

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:54 pm

Did Jesus actually claim any of that or was it the bible that claimed that Jesus claimed that...?


If Jesus was such a nobody who did nothing of any significance... then why so much fuss about him and the bible written about him at all...!?


It's funny how some who think it is all bollocks actually pick the bits that could well be bollocks as facts to prove the whole lot is bollocks...


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Did Jesus actually claim any of that or was it the bible that claimed that Jesus claimed that...?


If Jesus was such a nobody who did nothing of any significance... then why so much fuss about him and the bible written about him at all...!?


It's funny how some who think it is all bollocks actually pick the bits that could well be bollocks as facts to prove the whole lot is bollocks...


lol!
comparative reasoning not something your very good at is it tommy Suspect

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:08 pm

Answering questions is not your strong point is it...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Did Jesus actually claim any of that or was it the bible that claimed that Jesus claimed that...?


If Jesus was such a nobody who did nothing of any significance... then why so much fuss about him and the bible written about him at all...!?


It's funny how some who think it is all bollocks actually pick the bits that could well be bollocks as facts to prove the whole lot is bollocks...


lol!

Its called good PR Tommy. Have you never heard of that?
I mean you believe already things as facts about Muhammad do you not?
There is little in the Quran that talks about Muhammad and most comes centuries after he lived but you believe it as some Muslims do. So why is that? These hadiths are believed by soime and not others but you are convinced at works that are written hundreds of years after actual events and you have the nerve and call to question someone rightly pointing out how the biblical Jesus contradicts in the bible?
Sorry did you have a point because so far all you have shown is what an utter hypocrite you are on written works.

Historicity wise Jesus was a nobody at the time, just another failed messiah who was crucified. His death is recorded outside the bible in Josephus and Roman writers and the Talmuld. There is little doubt he was real and there is little doubt he was a right failure as a messiah. That was meant to be a person who led the people and overcamne their enemies. So yes its all bollocks how many Christians believe, but they do, so why not ask the Christians here why they do than Korben who rightly questions those who believe the bible?

Sorry did you have an actual point or are you enjoying me tear you a quadruple new arsehole?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:17 pm

Waffle... maybe you should road what i said and stop trying to argue against something I didn't say... just a thought ..!


lol!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Waffle... maybe you should road what i said and stop trying to argue against something I didn't say... just a thought ..!


lol!



Road?
That wiskey must be good Tommy?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 pm

Oooo you did change your mistake quick, JD kicking in Tommy?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:20 pm

I told you before never get involved in theolology Tommy as you always get your arse kicked.

Now you gonna counter the points or give Korben who has been very patient, just more bullshit?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:22 pm

Its funny because the E is no where near the o?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

hic, you need another swig Tommy?

lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:32 pm


Don't know what you're talking about dodge...


I'm using my phone to post and predictive text... typo... big deal....


Try answering my points for a change instead of arguing against things I haven't said...


I don't drink spirits dodge... but you obviously like whisky and jack Daniels as you immediately assume others are drinking it...!

Do you get your booze from 'oddbins' still..!?


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:34 pm

Think about this when you type thw word "read" all the letters are within each other, so how on earth did Tommy type an "O"? after "R" when "E" is right next to it?

Hic hic, you alright Tommy?


Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Did Tommy just asked everyone to answer his points when he failed to do so and play his poker tell and post a lol!


Most amusing, yes Tommy please answer my points and then explain how you moved your hand away from the "r" button so far? Did you ejaculate at that moment from your 8th wank of the day?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:42 pm

Cuchulain wrote:Think about this when you type thw word "read" all the letters are within each other, so how on earth did Tommy type an "O"? after "R" when "E" is right next to it?

Hic hic, you alright Tommy?


Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha


Didge you bell end... I've just told you I use my phone to post, plus predictive text is on, plus I use a regular telephone numerical layout with abc on number 1, def on number 2 etc... the letter 'o' is on number 6 which is just under the number 3 which has 'def' on it... I went for the e on number 3 and hit the 6 number directly below and predictive text made the word 'road' instead of read...


It's a very minor thing... but your desperate attempt at diversion over this is classic!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Did Jesus actually claim any of that or was it the bible that claimed that Jesus claimed that...?


If Jesus was such a nobody who did nothing of any significance... then why so much fuss about him and the bible written about him at all...!?


It's funny how some who think it is all bollocks actually pick the bits that could well be bollocks as facts to prove the whole lot is bollocks...


lol!


My points, still unanswered...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Think about this when you type thw word "read" all the letters are within each other, so how on earth did Tommy type an "O"? after "R" when "E" is right next to it?

Hic hic, you alright Tommy?


Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha


Didge you bell end... I've just told you I use my phone to post, plus predictive text is on, plus I use a regular telephone numerical layout with abc on number 1, def on number 2 etc... the letter 'o' is on number 6 which is just under the number 3 which has 'def' on it... I went for the e on number 3 and hit the 6 number directly below and predictive text made the word 'road' instead of read...


It's a very minor thing... but your desperate attempt at diversion over this is classic!!!



You use your bellend now to type?
Well know wonder Tommy, even as small as it is I am sure predictive text would come out with roads.

Its so minor you have been well and truley wound up with it?

Ouch

You bite easily Tommy, but move along Korben showed up your ignorance, why it had to take me to show you were being an idiot for you to takew stock just proves you are an idiot

Now go back and answer my points and stop being a tit, or I will tomorrow make you look even greater a fuckwit?

Happy days

See you cardboard cutout Twatti
Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:47 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Did Jesus actually claim any of that or was it the bible that claimed that Jesus claimed that...?


If Jesus was such a nobody who did nothing of any significance... then why so much fuss about him and the bible written about him at all...!?


It's funny how some who think it is all bollocks actually pick the bits that could well be bollocks as facts to prove the whole lot is bollocks...


lol!

Its called good PR Tommy. Have you never heard of that?
I mean you believe already things as facts about Muhammad do you not?
There is little in the Quran that talks about Muhammad and most comes centuries after he lived but you believe it as some Muslims do. So why is that? These hadiths are believed by soime and not others but you are convinced at works that are written hundreds of years after actual events and you have the nerve and call to question someone rightly pointing out how the biblical Jesus contradicts in the bible?
Sorry did you have a point because so far all you have shown is what an utter hypocrite you are on written works.

Historicity wise Jesus was a nobody at the time, just another failed messiah who was crucified. His death is recorded outside the bible in Josephus and Roman writers and the Talmuld. There is little doubt he was real and there is little doubt he was a right failure as a messiah. That was meant to be a person who led the people and overcamne their enemies. So yes its all bollocks how many Christians believe, but they do, so why not ask the Christians here why they do than Korben who rightly questions those who believe the bible?

Sorry did you have an actual point or are you enjoying me tear you a quadruple new arsehole?
One of many around at the same time or close to it

Simon Magus
Simon of Peraea
Athronges
Moses of Crete persuaded the Jews of Crete to walk into the sea, as Moses had done, to return to Israel. The results were disastrous and he soon disappeared.

just thats just 4 from a long list of "messiahs"

but don`t be to hard on tommy its not like he knows anything of interest and as he never researches anything will never know anything of interest he is like one of thous dipping birds from the 70s doomed to repeat the same shite all day every day

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:50 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Its called good PR Tommy. Have you never heard of that?
I mean you believe already things as facts about Muhammad do you not?
There is little in the Quran that talks about Muhammad and most comes centuries after he lived but you believe it as some Muslims do. So why is that? These hadiths are believed by soime and not others but you are convinced at works that are written hundreds of years after actual events and you have the nerve and call to question someone rightly pointing out how the biblical Jesus contradicts in the bible?
Sorry did you have a point because so far all you have shown is what an utter hypocrite you are on written works.

Historicity wise Jesus was a nobody at the time, just another failed messiah who was crucified. His death is recorded outside the bible in Josephus and Roman writers and the Talmuld. There is little doubt he was real and there is little doubt he was a right failure as a messiah. That was meant to be a person who led the people and overcamne their enemies. So yes its all bollocks how many Christians believe, but they do, so why not ask the Christians here why they do than Korben who rightly questions those who believe the bible?

Sorry did you have an actual point or are you enjoying me tear you a quadruple new arsehole?
One of many around at the same time or close to it  

Simon Magus
Simon of Peraea
Athronges
Moses of Crete persuaded the Jews of Crete to walk into the sea, as Moses had done, to return to Israel. The results were disastrous and he soon disappeared.

just thats just 4 from a long list of "messiahs"

but don`t be to hard on tommy its not like he knows anything of interest and as he never researches anything will never know anything of interest he is like one of thous dipping birds from the 70s doomed to repeat the same shite all day every day

Exactly Korben, but why bother trying to teach an idiot like Tommy

Just allow him as he has done make an idiot of himself?

All the best

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Did Jesus actually claim any of that or was it the bible that claimed that Jesus claimed that...?


If Jesus was such a nobody who did nothing of any significance... then why so much fuss about him and the bible written about him at all...!?


It's funny how some who think it is all bollocks actually pick the bits that could well be bollocks as facts to prove the whole lot is bollocks...


lol!


My points, still unanswered...




no they have been answered your just a bit too thick to understand so nothing new there i guess

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:52 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
One of many around at the same time or close to it  

Simon Magus
Simon of Peraea
Athronges
Moses of Crete persuaded the Jews of Crete to walk into the sea, as Moses had done, to return to Israel. The results were disastrous and he soon disappeared.

just thats just 4 from a long list of "messiahs"

but don`t be to hard on tommy its not like he knows anything of interest and as he never researches anything will never know anything of interest he is like one of thous dipping birds from the 70s doomed to repeat the same shite all day every day

Exactly Korben, but why bother trying to teach an idiot like Tommy

Just allow him as he has done make an idiot of himself?

All the best
another good question

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:52 pm


And what were your points exactly dodge...!?


Maybe you could reiterate them for clarity... not that you have any idea what clarity is at the moment...!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
And what were your points exactly dodge...!?


Maybe you could reiterate them for clarity... not that you have any idea what clarity is at the moment...!!!



Read back there are many little one
Suggest you respond and stop being gutless

All the best

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:00 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
And what were your points exactly dodge...!?


Maybe you could reiterate them for clarity... not that you have any idea what clarity is at the moment...!!!



Read back there are many little one
Suggest you respond and stop being gutless

All the best
i was just going to say the same thing as he admitted he had not read much of the thread so has no idea what he is bleating about in the first place

poor very poor


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 am

korban dallas wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Read back there are many little one
Suggest you respond and stop being gutless

All the best
i was just going to say the same thing as he admitted he had not read much of the thread so has no idea what he is bleating about in the first place

poor very poor


He was being an arse to you for no reeason and ended up with egg on his face mate
That is what happens to idiots

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:06 am

More waffle from dumb and dumber I see...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:15 am

Tommy Monk wrote:More waffle from dumb and dumber I see...


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:31 am

Would an infinitely wise, good and powerful God, intending to produce man, commence with the lowest possible forms of life; with the simplest organism that can be imagined, and during immeasurable periods of time, slowly and almost imperceptibly improve upon the rude beginning, until man was evolved? Would countless ages thus be wasted in the production of awkward forms, afterwards abandoned? Can the intelligence of man discover the least wisdom in covering the earth with crawling, creeping horrors, that live only upon the agonies and pangs of others? Can we see the propriety of so constructing the earth, that only an insignificant portion of its surface is capable of producing an intelligent man? Who can appreciate the mercy of so making the world that all animals devour animals; so that every mouth is a slaughter house, and every stomach a tomb? Is it possible to discover infinite intelligence and love in universal and eternal carnage?

What would we think of a father, who should give a farm to his children, and before giving them possession should plant upon it thousands of deadly shrubs and vines; should stock it with ferocious beasts, and poisonous reptiles; should take pains to put a few swamps in the neighborhood to breed malaria; should so arrange matters, that the ground would occasionally open and swallow a few of his darlings, and besides all this, should establish a few volcanoes in the immediate vicinity, that might at any moment overwhelm his children with rivers of fire? Suppose that this father neglected to tell his children which of the plants were deadly; that the reptiles were poisonous; failed to say anything about the earthquakes, and kept the volcano business a profound secret; would we pronounce him angel or fiend?

And yet this is exactly what the orthodox God has done.

According to the theologians, God prepared this globe expressly for the habitation of his loved children, and yet he filled the forests with ferocious beasts; placed serpents in every path; stuffed the world with earthquakes, and adorned its surface with mountains of flame.

Notwithstanding all this, we are told that the world is perfect; that it was created by a perfect being, and is therefore necessarily perfect. The next moment, these same persons will tell us that the world was cursed; covered with brambles, thistles and thorns, and that man was doomed to disease and death, simply because our poor, dear mother ate an apple contrary to the command of an arbitrary God.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by stardesk on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:42 pm

Veya’s comment from the previous age.
“While admittedly we are the best at killing things, we are the violent hairless ape after all... But does that fact we are so good a killing things truly make us better?
IF a higher being from a Utopian society was to look down upon us, would they think we were 'good'?
Is it better to live for thousands of years or to kill a life form that has or could live for thousands of years?
are we truly higher than the slug? the slug may kill for sustenance like all sentient beings but apart from that, maybe in defence or accident... Homo sapiens kills not only for sustenance and resource, which may be justifiable as necessity, but also for fun, sport, entertainment and just to create an empty space...
how many life forms die because we find them aesthetically displeasing? every weed, every little house spider is still a life form. Our species thinks nothing of killing them yet almost no other species would be so cruel to end a life with so little reason. “
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Veya. This is one for the record books: For once I totally agree with you
!
As you said or implied, all life needs sustenance but humans kill for pleasure or deranged minds. All life forms have a right to their existence because, quite simply, it exists in the first place. Whilst we have farmed livestock for food, they are slaughtered humanely, except for the obnoxious and repulsive Halal method of slitting an animals throat.
There are approximately 30 million species of life on our planet, each species feeds something else, but wilful killing is a human practice and shouldn’t be allowed. I’ll underline that comment with my own experience:
I was born and bred in the country and paid no attention to shooting, until: When old enough I bought my own shotgun and used it until an experience that haunts me still, many years later: I wounded a Pheasant and found it laying in some grass, twitching in agony in its death-throes. As I looked down at it an overwhelming feeling of guilt hit me, and my mind was filled with just one thought, what right had I got, to go round the countryside killing for pleasure. I sold my gun and never ever shot again. I mean it, even now many years later, like now as I recall the incident, I feel shame and guilt.

Moving on. All life is sacred, and I don’t mean that from a religious interpretation. Life must exist throughout the Universe. Even suns and planets are a form of life, for they all feed off each other or something else. Though, as far as we know, our planet is not aware of itself, its own identity and individuality, it is nonetheless alive. It survives through energy from the sun and the the galaxy. It has good periods and bad, such as earthquakes, it is sick through a volcano. It shivers during ice-ages. Life-forms have come and gone, such as the Dinosaurs, and Neanderthals. Civilizations have come and gone, such as the ancient Egyptians, the Greeks, Romans, and others. The planet and the life it sustains is a constantly changing process and one day dear old Mother Earth will meet its demise and everything on it.

I’ll leave it there otherwise I’ll just keep waffling. Bye for now.

_________________
Theodosius Dobzhansky: 'Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.'
avatar
stardesk

Posts : 944
Join date : 2013-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:08 pm

stardesk wrote:Veya’s comment from the previous age.
“While admittedly we are the best at killing things, we are the violent hairless ape after all... But does that fact we are so good a killing things truly make us better?
IF a higher being from a Utopian society was to look down upon us, would they think we were 'good'?
Is it better to live for thousands of years or to kill a life form that has or could live for thousands of years?
are we truly higher than the slug? the slug may kill for sustenance like all sentient beings but apart from that, maybe in defence or accident... Homo sapiens kills not only for sustenance and resource, which may be justifiable as necessity, but also for fun, sport, entertainment and just to create an empty space...
how many life forms die because we find them aesthetically displeasing? every weed, every little house spider is still a life form. Our species thinks nothing of killing them yet almost no other species would be so cruel to end a life with so little reason. “
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Veya. This is one for the record books: For once I totally agree with you
!
As you said or implied, all life needs sustenance but humans kill for pleasure or deranged minds. All life forms have a right to their existence because, quite simply, it exists in the first place. Whilst we have farmed livestock for food, they are slaughtered humanely, except for the obnoxious and repulsive Halal method of slitting an animals throat.
There are approximately 30 million species of life on our planet, each species feeds something else, but wilful killing is a human practice and shouldn’t be allowed. I’ll underline that comment with my own experience:
I was born and bred in the country and paid no attention to shooting, until: When old enough I bought my own shotgun and used it until an experience that haunts me still, many years later: I wounded a Pheasant and found it laying in some grass, twitching in agony in its death-throes. As I looked down at it an overwhelming feeling of guilt hit me, and my mind was filled with just one thought, what right had I got, to go round the countryside killing for pleasure. I sold my gun and never ever shot again. I mean it, even now many years later, like now as I recall the incident, I feel shame and guilt.

Moving on. All life is sacred, and I don’t mean that from a religious interpretation. Life must exist throughout the Universe. Even suns and planets are a form of life, for they all feed off each other or something else. Though, as far as we know, our planet is not aware of itself, its own identity and individuality, it is nonetheless alive. It survives through energy from the sun and the the galaxy. It has good periods and bad, such as earthquakes, it is sick through a volcano. It shivers during ice-ages. Life-forms have come and gone, such as the Dinosaurs, and Neanderthals. Civilizations have come and gone, such as the ancient Egyptians, the Greeks, Romans, and others. The planet and the life it sustains is a constantly changing process and one day dear old Mother Earth will meet its demise and everything on it.

I’ll leave it there otherwise I’ll just keep waffling. Bye for now.
Totally and unequivocally disagree ,that`s like saying my shed is alive because it has moss growing on it ,or saying my car is alive because it transforms a liquid in to usable energy
could we live with out the sun unlikely because that`s the fuel that drives life on earth just like petrol makes a car work
things take in that fuel and turn it in to various forms of energy
Life is a characteristic distinguishing physical entities having biological processes if they lack such functions they are classified as inanimate

the sun is dynamic yes but not living in any true sense of the word

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by stardesk on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Hi Korban. Forgive me for saying this, but you have to think outside the box. Yes of course your car and other man made objects are inanimate, but that is looking at things from a human perspective. But, I presume your shed is made of wood? In which case it was alive and now the moss is living off it, as it is on the concrete slabs in my garden. As I said, everything lives off something else, and that includes the planets and stars etc. In that sense, to my mind, they are alive but obviously not as we and animals are.

_________________
Theodosius Dobzhansky: 'Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.'
avatar
stardesk

Posts : 944
Join date : 2013-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:11 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi Korban. Forgive me for saying this, but you have to think outside the box. Yes of course your car and other man made objects are inanimate, but that is looking at things from a human perspective. But, I presume your shed is made of wood? In which case it was alive and now the moss is living off it, as it is on the concrete slabs in my garden. As I said, everything lives off something else, and that includes the planets and stars etc. In that sense, to my mind, they are alive but obviously not as we and animals are.
well 2 of them are but i was thinking of the metal one in my analogy

And your doing the same as veya anthropomorphizing an inanimate but dynamic thing, things that are  under constant change and activity yes that`s not life in anyway at the biological level ,as is the definition of life

And for it to be anywhere near true i would not only have to think out of the box,i would guess couple of galaxy's past reality as well

And in the case of the "sun" we would have to be talking about a elemental being or comic book character


,All though that premise does have some mythical and anecdotal weight to it

it is true that scientific and philosophical arguments could be made to support the sun as a living entity i have two just of the top of my head
but those arguments have way to many If`s ,and,buts,and maybe`s And require the suspension of the need for evidence

if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck ,and tastes like a duck, you can be dam sure its not beef

and i will not agree with any  argument that first anthropomorphous`s and inanimate object with life or as a deity  ,then use that given status to claim its alive
that`s a self fulfilling argument and irrational

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:48 pm

stardesk wrote:Veya’s comment from the previous age.
“While admittedly we are the best at killing things, we are the violent hairless ape after all... But does that fact we are so good a killing things truly make us better?
IF a higher being from a Utopian society was to look down upon us, would they think we were 'good'?
Is it better to live for thousands of years or to kill a life form that has or could live for thousands of years?
are we truly higher than the slug? the slug may kill for sustenance like all sentient beings but apart from that, maybe in defence or accident... Homo sapiens kills not only for sustenance and resource, which may be justifiable as necessity, but also for fun, sport, entertainment and just to create an empty space...
how many life forms die because we find them aesthetically displeasing? every weed, every little house spider is still a life form. Our species thinks nothing of killing them yet almost no other species would be so cruel to end a life with so little reason. “
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Veya. This is one for the record books: For once I totally agree with you
!
As you said or implied, all life needs sustenance but humans kill for pleasure or deranged minds. All life forms have a right to their existence because, quite simply, it exists in the first place. Whilst we have farmed livestock for food, they are slaughtered humanely, except for the obnoxious and repulsive Halal method of slitting an animals throat.
There are approximately 30 million species of life on our planet, each species feeds something else, but wilful killing is a human practice and shouldn’t be allowed. I’ll underline that comment with my own experience:
I was born and bred in the country and paid no attention to shooting, until: When old enough I bought my own shotgun and used it until an experience that haunts me still, many years later: I wounded a Pheasant and found it laying in some grass, twitching in agony in its death-throes. As I looked down at it an overwhelming feeling of guilt hit me, and my mind was filled with just one thought, what right had I got, to go round the countryside killing for pleasure. I sold my gun and never ever shot again. I mean it, even now many years later, like now as I recall the incident, I feel shame and guilt.

Moving on. All life is sacred, and I don’t mean that from a religious interpretation. Life must exist throughout the Universe. Even suns and planets are a form of life, for they all feed off each other or something else. Though, as far as we know, our planet is not aware of itself, its own identity and individuality, it is nonetheless alive. It survives through energy from the sun and the the galaxy. It has good periods and bad, such as earthquakes, it is sick through a volcano. It shivers during ice-ages. Life-forms have come and gone, such as the Dinosaurs, and Neanderthals. Civilizations have come and gone, such as the ancient Egyptians, the Greeks, Romans, and others. The planet and the life it sustains is a constantly changing process and one day dear old Mother Earth will meet its demise and everything on it.

I’ll leave it there otherwise I’ll just keep waffling. Bye for now.

I like it Star clappy clappy clappy clappy
You really should look into pantheism
because you just described the essence of it.

there is more than meets the eye, and while the biblical ideas are nonsense there does seem to be 'something that interconnects stuff' the Chinese call it Chi, the Greeks idea for it was Anima mundi.

My sun god things is really just trying to show atheists how there is actually a bunch on energy that we know exists that is unaccounted for in inert celestial models. one of the easiest way to explain it is that those objects are 'alive' in some way.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:26 pm

korban dallas wrote:
stardesk wrote:Hi Korban. Forgive me for saying this, but you have to think outside the box. Yes of course your car and other man made objects are inanimate, but that is looking at things from a human perspective. But, I presume your shed is made of wood? In which case it was alive and now the moss is living off it, as it is on the concrete slabs in my garden. As I said, everything lives off something else, and that includes the planets and stars etc. In that sense, to my mind, they are alive but obviously not as we and animals are.
well 2 of them are but i was thinking of the metal one in my analogy

And your doing the same as veya anthropomorphizing an inanimate but dynamic thing, things that are  under constant change and activity yes that`s not life in anyway at the biological level ,as is the definition of life

And for it to be anywhere near true i would not only have to think out of the box,i would guess couple of galaxy's past reality as well

And in the case of the "sun" we would have to be talking about a elemental being or comic book character


,All though that premise does have some mythical and anecdotal weight to it

it is true that scientific and philosophical arguments could be made to support the sun as a living entity i have two just of the top of my head
but those arguments have way to many If`s ,and,buts,and maybe`s And require the suspension of the need for evidence (so does yours it is mix of a few measures and then ignoring the last 30 years worth of discoveries into animal intelligence so you can maintain the idea that Homo sapiens are special IF you admit we are not special then anthropomorphism is NOT a negative argument, the idea that anthropomorphizing is wrong is only valid IF homo sapiens are Special)

if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck ,and tastes like a duck, you can be dam sure its not beef

and i will not agree with any  argument that first anthropomorphous`s and inanimate object with life or as a deity  ,then use that given status to claim its alive
that`s a self fulfilling argument and irrational

KD the mere presence of solar neutrinos and the fact that that numbers imply that these are just some of the complex sub atomic particles radiating from the sun shows that it is highly improbably to be inert, if it is not inert what is it?

And no one is claiming biological life although by biological life you are actually referring to carbon based earth specific life (the entire school of Biology is just the Chemistry of carbon based lifeforms from earth)
By YOUR definition of life we will probably never find aliens either. NOT because they don't exist but because you have the WRONG definition, There is Absolutely NO evidence that attribute of carbon based life from earth is the main sort of life, if anything the lack of other carbon based life form suggest what exists on earth is NOT the common life of the universe. that is why god or aliens are fro all intents and purposes one in the same at this point in time, we cannot define either by the measures of life on earth without being wrong because earth's conditions are not common in the universe. any being Not from earth or Greater than earth is almost 100% NOT going to have those attributes
To suggest they will is Placing a ridiculous claim on the 'special-ness' of homo sapiens which there is NO evidence for. YES Science coming from an Abrahamist societies does often have the bias toward the special-ness of homo sapiens, there is NO basis for it. Every time we have measured we have found that other life forms on this planet from trees to octopus do posses communication or intelligence directly (and communication requires consciousness). As we are not in the position to measure the Sun Your claim of it's inert state is just as likely to be disproved as the idea that tress have no communication, that animals do not posses intelligence, cannot use tools, man did not believe fish had the sense of feeling until this century in the west Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes So far every time Homo Sapiens has been put on pedal-stool he has been knocked off it when we actually get measurements.

So You are gambling of the preconceptions of Abrahamism being right, I am gambling on the fact every time we have measured they have been wrong.

It come simply down to this, 200 years ago to suggest Dolphins had the social structures they have now been proven to have, someone that cannot accept homo sapiens are not special, would have accused you of anthropomorphism.
Failure to anthropomorphize has set science back, we have spent too long assuming we were special and not accepting we are just animals

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:36 am

anthropomorphism, is it really 'wrong'

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:48 am

for KD to think about...


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:30 am

veya_victaous wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
well 2 of them are but i was thinking of the metal one in my analogy

And your doing the same as veya anthropomorphizing an inanimate but dynamic thing, things that are  under constant change and activity yes that`s not life in anyway at the biological level ,as is the definition of life

And for it to be anywhere near true i would not only have to think out of the box,i would guess couple of galaxy's past reality as well

And in the case of the "sun" we would have to be talking about a elemental being or comic book character


,All though that premise does have some mythical and anecdotal weight to it

it is true that scientific and philosophical arguments could be made to support the sun as a living entity i have two just of the top of my head
but those arguments have way to many If`s ,and,buts,and maybe`s And require the suspension of the need for evidence (so does yours it is mix of a few measures and then ignoring the last 30 years worth of discoveries into animal intelligence so you can maintain the idea that Homo sapiens are special IF you admit we are not special then anthropomorphism  is NOT a negative argument, the idea that anthropomorphizing is wrong is only valid IF homo sapiens are Special)

if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck ,and tastes like a duck, you can be dam sure its not beef

and i will not agree with any  argument that first anthropomorphous`s and inanimate object with life or as a deity  ,then use that given status to claim its alive
that`s a self fulfilling argument and irrational

KD the mere presence of solar neutrinos and the fact that that numbers imply that these are just some of the complex sub atomic particles radiating from the sun shows that it is highly improbably to be inert, if it is not inert what is it?

Inert ? who said anything about inert i haven`t in fact quite the opposite its dynamic i said that but not Alive




And no one is claiming biological life

If its not NOT biological life its not alive The kinds of living beings currently known on Earth Hypothetical types of biochemistry Yes i can and have Already said. i don`t dismiss the possibility other none carbon based "life" .Or the most likely theoretical ("I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer.)element silicon for that matter ,in an Infinite universe "anything can happen.” and people are free to rationalise that what ever way they like.
The difference is my rationalisation is based on known facts ,not some bizarre  belief or expectation or Hypothetical flights of  fancy of what`s behind the curtain now with my limited understanding of science (and i mean every scientist everywhere ) i know its bad science to guess the final outcome and just publish it ,yet that exactly what all faith`s do the result


By YOUR definition of life we will probably never find aliens either. NOT because they don't exist but because you have the WRONG definition,

NO i don`t have the wrong definition look it up i did and until this hypothetical "life form" comes along any nothing more than hypothetical belief
There is Absolutely NO evidence that attribute of carbon based life from earth is the main sort of life,form


(There is Absolutely NO evidence it isn`t ether )

suggest what exists on earth is NOT the common life of the universe.(that`s easy ME )that is why god or aliens are fro all intents and purposes one in the same at this point in time(Er....NO aliens and gods are not one and the same , one is omnipotent the other isn`t ,your a star trek fan i think was "Q" a god ? ), we cannot define either by the measures of life on earth without being wrong because earth's conditions are not common in the universe.(i think you will find they are actually ) any being Not from earth or Greater than earth is almost 100% NOT going to have those attributes(what attributes do you think a necessary to pilot an interstellar craft to earth i think you will find thous attributes Pretty common )
To suggest they will is Placing a ridiculous claim on the 'special-ness' of homo sapiens which there is NO evidence for. ( there is no evidence we aren`t and as far as this planet goes yes we are pretty special to deny that is ridiculous. Are we the smartest of most evolved in the universe ,i Doubt it very much we still have people believing in fairy's and(Indian accent ) "Big man in sky he make it rain" YES Science coming from an Abrahamist societies does often have the bias toward the special-ness of homo sapiens,There you go again Abrahamist it has fuck all to do with Abrahamist ,simple facts known evidence observable phenomenon present knowledge any thing else is guess work there is NO basis for it.

Every time we have measured we have found that other life forms on this planet from trees to octopus do posses communication or intelligence directly (and communication requires consciousness) Yet we still call a rock a rock and the sun a big flaming ball of hydrogen

As we are not in the position to measure the SunMeasure the sun for what exactly intelligence ? how about i measure you for a straight jacket ? Your claim of it's inert state (i have never said it was inert? is just as likely to be disproved as the idea that tress have no communication, that animals do not posses intelligence, cannot use tools, man did not believe fish had the sense of feeling until this century in the west Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  ( i have never claimed they don`t ? honestly your all over the place but by the same token you haven't proved the sun is alive or brought out any evidence other than belief that it " I believe for every drop of rain that falls
A flower grows
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night
A candle glows

Dosnt make it true does it
uis in ant sense of the word So far every time Homo Sapiens has been put on pedal-stool he has been knocked off it when we actually get measurements. (wrong )

So You are gambling of the preconceptions of Abrahamism being right, I am gambling on the fact every time we have measured they have been wrong.
(no i am not gambling in any thing other facts ,so me facts not just hope and blind belief

It come simply down to this, 200 years ago to suggest Dolphins had the social structures they have now been proven to have, someone that cannot accept homo sapiens are not special, would have accused you of anthropomorphism.

Ahhh thats cute !! tried to use anthropomorphism in a sentence and completely got it wrong as regard the discussion context and sense Tell me which one of your examples isn` alive ?


Failure to anthropomorphize has set science back, we have spent too long assuming we were special and not accepting we are just animals

That doesn`t even make sense


i don`t know what your smoking dude but this reply is all over the place and have done my best to make sense of it to be honest

religion ,speculation,misinterpretation,assumptions some bad scientific understanding,fantasy,conflation misunderstanding and tangents are basically all jumbled up in your head no wonder you need some thing to anchor to ,is like a slow culture shock i guess however

please stop calling me an Abrahamism
An Abrahamism is the collective term used for all the Abrahamic religions, which profess a belief in a monotheistic deity as the creator of the universe that is also the God of Abraham, Jesus and Muhammad.

i don`t believe in any deity's none be it god,Allah,Odin.Zeus,gods of fire gods of trees and small bushes gods of small fury mice living in the shed,
i don`t believe in elephant gods, crocodile gods, personal gods,gods of birds and foxes or rabbits none of the or combination of "deity"you can imagine ,zip,Nada

why you think i do is a true mystery considering my posts

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:34 am

veya_victaous wrote:for KD to think about...  

number 4

Ps there all movie`s not real life,i know been in a couple

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:22 am

I don't have to Prove that the sun is alive, I have to prove it 'could be' alive
I AM AN AGNOSTIC

the Burden of the Proof lies on those giving FINITE ANSWERS
that is YOU!!!

Atheism may as well be a religion
as Atheism is a SPECIFIC THEOLOGICAL CLAIM
You are the one making CLAIMS!!!!
And You still have to answer as an Atheist why does the universe exist?

You say you follow science but you are still making statements from 20 years ago like they are still true
The Sun is MORE than big ball of hydrogen (Proven in 2002 Nobel prize for Physics). and we are struggling to explain it
http://phys.org/news/2014-10-neutrinos-fuzzy-quantum-mass-solar.html
this is a pretty convoluted model just to explain solar neutrinos. Bold claims require bold evidence, so what makes us so confident that flavor-changing neutrinos with fuzzy masses really is the solution?



Yes, measure the sun IF we could but we are incapable just like until fairly recently we were incapable of measuring the communication between trees and therefore said they did not have a consciousness and were incapable of communicating, But once we worked out how to measure we discovered they DO communicate and appear to have some sort of Consciousness (also not located in a biological organ)


Lol best of on the planet.. BY WHAT MEASURE???  
Go live under the ocean if your so good Rolling Eyes
oh look at that we aren't, we cant even survive in the majority of livable space on THIS planet the only one we can live on.
you seem to think there is observable phenomenon that shows homo sapiens is superior, there is NOT, if there is please show it, the entire difference between us and chimps is a fraction of a % on DNA...

You assertion that we are the best is Completely based on Your perspective of what the requirements of the best are. NOT VALID AT ALL you may as well say we are the best cause god said so. And before you go space and technology etc

There are lifeforms on this planet that have been alive since before Jesus Christ, Single Individuals that have basically been alive for the whole time the bible claims the world has existed.. there are homo sapiens that believe the world is that old.... You can make the claims we are the best all you want, but it is Patently ridiculous since everything you rely on to make that claim is just one life time for another life form and could be gone again in that same life time.

over 4000 years old and it's DNA is still undamaged, I am only 32 and my DNA is degraded to the point of failure (aging)
homo sapiens have yet to prove to be anymore than a flash in the pan. we have one thing killing, even space travel only lasted for as long as we need to develop rockets to kill each other better Razz Razz Razz



KD wrote:
The difference is my rationalisation is based on known facts
LOL basically just said My rational is based on the bible and shit i half heard.
CAUSE WE HAVE NO KNOWN FACTS for any of this


And Gods are not Omnipotent that is retarded why even bother having this debate
THOR, ODIN, RAINBOW SERPENT, ZEUS pretty much everyone but Jehovah
none of them was ever thought to be Omnipotent. you just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt my point...
like most atheist Your mind is too corrupted by Abrahamism to think freely. literally dismissed millions of gods for 1 that you say you 'know is wrong'... but the way you answer sometimes I don't believe you, if you know it it is wrong why do you use it over All the other options?

That corruption effects you ability to debate theologically and to practice unbiased science. Gods and Aliens are the same CURRENTLY UNDEFINED until we find one they will stay that way.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:29 am

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/apollo-14-astronaut-claims-peace-loving-aliens-prevented-nuclear-war-on-earth/story-fnjwlcze-1227486555232

For Apollo 14 veteran Edgar Mitchell that plot line is less fiction than it is reality.

The sixth man to walk the surface of the moon told Mirror online that he believes peacekeeping aliens visited our planet to prevent a nuclear war between Russia and the United States.

The idea sounds far-fetched, but Mitchell claims military insiders viewed strange flying crafts cruising over US missile bases and the White Sands facility in New Mexico, the site of the first-ever nuclear bomb detonation in 1945.

“They wanted to know about our military capabilities,” he said.

“My own experience talking to people has made it clear the ETs had been attempting to keep us from going to war and help create peace on Earth.”

Mitchell, who grew up near the famous Roswell site in New Mexico, said that he has heard from various air force officers who claim UFOs were a regular site during the Cold War.

“They told me UFOs were frequently seen overhead and often disabled their missiles,” he added.

“Other officers from bases on the Pacific coast told me their (test) missiles were frequently shot down by alien spacecraft.”

Some are understandably sceptical about this theory that diplomatic aliens have travelled the cosmos to disarm U.S. military weapons.

“Given that the Universe is around 14 billion years old, if we’re being visited, it’s unlikely we’re dealing with a civilisation just a few hundred years ahead of us, so stories of aliens managing to disrupt a few of our weapons tests are far-fetched,” Nick Pope, former Ministry of Defense UFO researcher, told Mirror online.

“Chances are they’d be millions of years ahead of us and could do anything they wanted to.”

Not saying the above is real but interesting... and the last bolded statement is also my point, gods for all intents and purposes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:47 am

veya_victaous wrote:I don't have to Prove that the sun is alive, I have to prove it 'could be' alive
I AM AN AGNOSTIC

the Burden of the Proof lies on those giving FINITE ANSWERS
that is YOU!!!

Atheism may as well be a religion
as Atheism is a SPECIFIC THEOLOGICAL CLAIM
You are the one making CLAIMS!!!!
And You still have to answer as an Atheist why does the universe exist?

You say you follow science but you are still making statements from 20 years ago like they are still true
The Sun is MORE than big ball of hydrogen (Proven in 2002 Nobel prize for Physics). and we are struggling to explain it
http://phys.org/news/2014-10-neutrinos-fuzzy-quantum-mass-solar.html
this is a pretty convoluted model just to explain solar neutrinos. Bold claims require bold evidence, so what makes us so confident that flavor-changing neutrinos with fuzzy masses really is the solution?



Yes, measure the sun IF we could but we are incapable just like until fairly recently we were incapable of measuring the communication between trees and therefore said they did not have a consciousness and were incapable of communicating, But once we worked out how to measure we discovered they DO communicate and appear to have some sort of Consciousness (also not located in a biological organ)


Lol best of on the planet.. BY WHAT MEASURE???  
Go live under the ocean if your so good  Rolling Eyes
oh look at that we aren't, we cant even survive in the majority of livable space on THIS planet the only one we can live on.
you seem to think there is observable phenomenon that shows homo sapiens is superior, there is NOT, if there is please show it, the entire difference between us and chimps is a fraction of a % on DNA...

You assertion that we are the best is Completely based on Your perspective of what the requirements of the best are. NOT VALID AT ALL you may as well say we are the best cause god said so. And before you go space and technology etc

There are lifeforms on this planet that have been alive since before Jesus Christ, Single Individuals that have basically been alive for the whole time the bible claims the world has existed.. there are homo sapiens that believe the world is that old.... You can make the claims we are the best all you want, but it is Patently ridiculous since everything you rely on to make that claim is just one life time for another life form and could be gone again in that same life time.

over 4000 years old and it's DNA is still undamaged, I am only 32 and my DNA is degraded to the point of failure (aging)
homo sapiens have yet to prove to be anymore than a flash in the pan. we have one thing killing, even space travel only lasted for as long as we need to develop rockets to kill each other better Razz Razz Razz



KD wrote:
The difference is my rationalisation is based on known facts
LOL basically just said My rational is based on the bible and shit i half heard.
CAUSE WE HAVE NO KNOWN FACTS for any of this


And Gods are not Omnipotent that is retarded why even bother having this debate
THOR, ODIN, RAINBOW SERPENT, ZEUS pretty much everyone but Jehovah
none of them was ever thought to be Omnipotent. you just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt my point...
like most atheist Your mind is too corrupted by Abrahamism to think freely. literally dismissed millions of gods for 1 that you say you 'know is wrong'... but the way you answer sometimes I don't believe you, if you know it it is wrong why do you use it over All the other options?

That corruption effects you ability to debate theologically and to practice unbiased science. Gods and Aliens are the same CURRENTLY UNDEFINED until we find one they will stay that way.
Sorry dude i just spent the petter past oh an hour replying to the total jumble and strange links and segways and i give up its realy not worth trying to dissect each statement because in the end belief trumps facts ,hope trumps evidence,fear beats the truth

i would say in fact your logic and willingness to have a higher power up there controlling and building worlds ect is certainly a natural human need for some you are a prime example but you are but echoes of a age long ago and Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

i could ask for no better evidence

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:14 am

lol controlling
No one said controlling.. why the fuck are atheists so dumb?
NO PERSONAL GOD!!! how many times do people have to tell you !!!!
You are still an Abrahamist, just admit it already
You claim you don't believe in the Abrahamist god yet still define Any god by the definition provided in the BIBLE, that is ridiculous plus right there Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Every single one of you points is WRONG because you cannot get over the idea of a personal god.
PERSONAL GOD DOES NOT EXIST
ANY POINT RELATING to control, care, telling, requiring, praying, demanding is invalid.


YOU ARE THE ONE THAT HAS NOT PRESENTED A FACT
YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS STICKING TO OUT DATED BELIEFS
I HAVE ALREADY SHOWN YOU THOUGHT DARWIN WAS STILL CURRENT.
You have said 'the sun is big ball of burning hydrogen' every aspect of that statement but 'ball' is wrong, PROVEN wrong, Nobel prizes Won for PROVING IT WRONG!
You keep asserting that Homo sapiens is superior and present no evidence but we kill shit better.


LOL I am echo of long ago
you don't even use science for the this century moron, this is why smart people laugh at atheists, you repeat 100 year old 'facts' like they are still true.

Face it as an atheist you just swapped priest robes for lab coats, because if you were still questioning you'd know half the shit you said has been PROVEN wrong/incomplete already.

And stupid too
I have never been part of your dumb religion I have never belonged to any organized religion and IF anyone it is you that is just another blind follower I have NEVER HAD anyone tell me what to believe.
and was taught science well enough to understand it is not Atheist, Science is a tool for discovering the universe Atheism is a particular claim as to the nature of the universe.


the word Agnostic doesn't even exist until Huxley
Atheists exists since 500 BC

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:20 am


the best comparison is Dawkins to Tyson

Tyson has become hero for the freethinking simply because he wont accept the Atheist nonsense either. the Bible is not true, a personal god in the face of the evidence is ridiculous, BUT that doesn't make Atheist claims gospel... it just means we have shit to discover.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:26 am


watch the beginning... Even Dawkins states that his field of Evolutionary Biology is a little brother to Astral Physics (Tyson's field) because of its much greater in is scope and scale of questioning

and I love Tyson first word "i will never require you to believe anything" and he explains why your perspective about homo sapiens superiority is logically wrong.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:05 am



The Great Debate - What is Life?

Life as we don't know it could even exist down here on earth!!!!
stop taking definition from old book and start asking questions cause those answers You think we have we don't

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:15 am

look at the debate from 9 mins to 11 mins
KD you just got refuted J. Craig Venter
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Venter

Anyone that wants to understand where we are currently at watch the debate about what is life
More great Points toward "non biological life as we know it" from around 18 mins

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:40 am

I will stop calling you an Abrahamist (or any other Abraham Atheist) when you stop defining god by the Abrahamist definition.

what else could you be? yes you follow science but your Only definition of divine is that of Abrahamism.

You're not pagan? you're not Pantheist? Your not even general monotheist You are specifically ONLY using the Abrahamist definition and DENYING all others just like an Abrahamist.
One that was open to questioning would accept Anyone and everyone's definition and then whittle it down to the core points that apply to all.

We don't base the attributes of Dogs on one specific dog and say ALL Dogs will be like this dog, we take the attributes that ARE COMMON to all Dogs and say dogs posses these attributes range at a minimum.

SO the least Omnipotent god is the level of omnipotence that is required of a god.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:16 am

"The real problem of religious faith is the global and geographically situated religious diversity among thinking adults who reasonably disagree with each other. When religions collide it's like meeting one's anti-matter twin."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:37 am




trying to define things as grand as life and divinity when all we have is earth (so far)

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15627
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum