Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:09 am


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:26 pm

Jesus was the foundation of 'Christianity'...


Although 'Christianity' was founded by others...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18712
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:56 pm

stardesk wrote:

Thirdly: I think it was Veya who, several times, has alluded to the sun being/having a sun god, or sun worship by some faiths. Then all I can say to that is that the sun is now half way through its life-cycle, middle aged, and it is one of millions of suns (stars) in our galaxy. In which case is that sun-god split into millions of parts or are there millions of gods, and is he getting older?

Finally a response form star desk cheers cheers cheers

Million of billion of gods and apparently they do get older (although that is subject to time/space, since time is light traveling through space, if the sun is light does that mean it exists in some 'other' state)

I am more of the thinking the universe exists to teach the stars, we are just a novelty enjoying the ride. why would the universe exist for us? we will exist for a very short time, pretty much every star in the universe will live for longer than all life on the planet has existed, and based on the odds life of this planet will be extinguished because the sun is.
sunny sunny sunny sunny  
consider; the sun has watched life on this planet from Life's beginning and will likely see it end too Wink

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
so is that why you wont answer my question "do you believe in the creation story as told in the bible" i asked you 4 times yet you would not answer instead told me i was asking the wrong question but it wasn`t the wrong question just a question you did not want to answer

the creation story is the foundation of Christianity its the fundamental premise the whole book and religion is based on

And why should we respect you when you try to convince people they should believe in God regardless of the complete lack of evidence and just have faith

your problem and a lot of people of faith`s problem and a kind of defence mechanism is when asked pretty simple questions or someone points out the absurd claims and obvious false hoods  you take it as an attack against you personally or just ignore the question completely and refuse to answer

so once again
do you believe in the story of creation as told in the bible yes or no ?






What is why I haven't answered your question?

I'll tell you why I'm not answering now. It's because you already assume you know the answer, based on me being able to understand how other religious people think.

My question was to Stardesk because he's the one who seems to spend a lot of time telling JWs that the creation story is wrong, and also seems to resent anyone believing it, or believing in God. He seems to think they should be grateful to him for telling them they're wrong though.

I don't try to convince anyone they should believe in God.

see there you go making assumptions ,if i knew your answer i would not have asked the question and i care how you think as it was you i asked

i wanted as i said to get a base line of your belief what parts you believe and what parts you don`t unlike you i don`t want to make assumptions of what you believe because if i did that any discussion of your religion would be pointless

unlike you i can defend scientific evidence and observation cite its roots and methods of change, i can point to peered reviewed papers and well established principles and when a fact is shown to be incorrect i can accept that

what is interesting is that The Bible was not promoted by the church for individual reading unlike scientific information because in the early times because of fear people would misinterpret it and take it out of context

it is then no wonder paul, knowing that faith would crumble if subjected to free and critical inquiry, tells his followers to avoid philosophy. Colossians 2:8


And stardesk is right in That the creation story is wrong it so completely wrong it beggars belief that some still hold to that medieval hokum in the 21 century

but unfortunately because some still hold on to that story as absolute fact as its the foundation of Christianity any critical examination of those facts are seen as an attack because any legitimate questioning will crumble when faced with the facts

if you call your self a Christian you then have to accept the creation myth as fact because any less undermines your very faith and that is why you won`t give a yes or no answer to my question

do we resent people who believe in god

No i don`t think so ,i certainly don`t we would rather people came to the realisation them self`s based on facts that are provable and there own common sense rather than a book written my many people long after the fact that the church put together and decided what went in to it and what did not

at the moment i am talking about the first pages in the OT so obviously a load of crap
wait till i get to exodus

but the first question i need to know the answer for, to understand what YOU Believe is

do you believe in the creation story as told in genesis yes or no
please don`t let the fear of the follow up questions i have stop you from answering because no answer tells me your unsure of your faith or embarrassed to answer because you can`t rationalise in any meaningful way the two sides religious dogma and scientific knowledge







Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:07 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Jesus was the foundation of 'Christianity'...


Although 'Christianity' was founded by others...


Well yes you could make that argument but as Jesus supported the OT claimed to be the son of god from the OT and came not to change it but enforce it (the OT) its a pretty murky distinction


And lets not forget Jesus isn`t necessarily who he claims to be. as all the evidence from the bible discounts Jesus as the saviour foretold in the bible

beware of false profits


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:17 am

veya_victaous wrote:
stardesk wrote:

Thirdly: I think it was Veya who, several times, has alluded to the sun being/having a sun god, or sun worship by some faiths. Then all I can say to that is that the sun is now half way through its life-cycle, middle aged, and it is one of millions of suns (stars) in our galaxy. In which case is that sun-god split into millions of parts or are there millions of gods, and is he getting older?

Finally a response form star desk cheers cheers cheers

Million of billion of gods and apparently they do get older (although that is subject to time/space, since time is light traveling through space, if the sun is light does that mean it exists in some 'other' state)

I am more of the thinking the universe exists to teach the stars, we are just a novelty enjoying the ride. why would the universe exist for us? we will exist for a very short time, pretty much every star in the universe will live for longer than all life on the planet has existed, and based on the odds life of this planet will be extinguished because the sun is.
sunny sunny sunny sunny  
consider; the sun has watched life on this planet from Life's beginning and will likely see it end too Wink
no it really hasn`t your anthropomorphising again

the sun has no more watched life. than the white cliffs of Dover have watched the channel  
or the bricks in my house have watch my street

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:18 am

korban dallas wrote:
higher ......that what ? we are the top of the food and technology tree .

And i haven't said that we are special compared to the universe i have know way to know that .But as far as earth is concerned we are pretty special at the moment  


do i think "humanoids or indeed life in all its varied forms an anomaly only to be found hear at this time ,No  i think its a universe teaming with life

I have been mediating on this point KD and i think i have formulated the proper response.


while admittedly we are the best at killing things, we are the violent hairless ape after all... But does that fact we are so good a killing things truly make us better?

IF a higher being from a Utopian society was to look down upon us, would they think we were 'good'?
Is it better to live for thousands of years or to kill a life form that has or could live for thousands of years?
are we truly higher than the slug? the slug may kill for sustenance like all sentient beings but apart from that, maybe in defense or accident... Homo sapiens kills not only for sustenance and resource, which may be justifiable as necessity, but also for fun, sport, entertainment and just to create an empty space...
how many life forms die because we find them aesthetically displeasing? every weed, every little house spider is still a life form. Our species thinks nothing of killing them yet almost no other species would be so cruel to end a life with so little reason.



_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:29 am

korban dallas wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
stardesk wrote:

Thirdly: I think it was Veya who, several times, has alluded to the sun being/having a sun god, or sun worship by some faiths. Then all I can say to that is that the sun is now half way through its life-cycle, middle aged, and it is one of millions of suns (stars) in our galaxy. In which case is that sun-god split into millions of parts or are there millions of gods, and is he getting older?

Finally a response form star desk cheers cheers cheers

Million of billion of gods and apparently they do get older (although that is subject to time/space, since time is light traveling through space, if the sun is light does that mean it exists in some 'other' state)

I am more of the thinking the universe exists to teach the stars, we are just a novelty enjoying the ride. why would the universe exist for us? we will exist for a very short time, pretty much every star in the universe will live for longer than all life on the planet has existed, and based on the odds life of this planet will be extinguished because the sun is.
sunny sunny sunny sunny  
consider; the sun has watched life on this planet from Life's beginning and will likely see it end too Wink
no it really hasn`t your anthropomorphising again

the sun has no more watched life. than the white cliffs of Dover have watched the channel  
or the bricks in my house have watch my street

YES KD because I am not of Abraham mind that thinks Humans are special Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
It has simple as that, it has existed so based on what do you claim it is incapable of sensing?
why do you think homo sapiens are so special that there is things only we experience and perceive?... all biology points to the fact we are no different than any other mammal we are just another carbon based life form reliant on the cycle of solar energy and photosynthesis for sustenance.
Current Science is showing that plants are capable of sensing their surroundings. if life form from plants to homo sapiens can sense their surrounding it is reasonable that any life form can sense it's surroundings.

the next step is to define life and so far we have done it for ONE Small rock only, we have not proved the sun is inert any more than we have proved it is alive, in fact we have shown that it is doing more than it should if it were just an inert ball of hydrogen.

The notion that anthropomorphizing is wrong is a by product of Abrahamist lies, for anthropomorphizing to be wrong you have to show that Homo sapiens is fundamentally special.
As evidence is that Homo sapiens is NOT fundamentally special anthropomorphizing is logical.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:14 am

veya_victaous wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
higher ......that what ? we are the top of the food and technology tree .

And i haven't said that we are special compared to the universe i have know way to know that .But as far as earth is concerned we are pretty special at the moment  


do i think "humanoids or indeed life in all its varied forms an anomaly only to be found hear at this time ,No  i think its a universe teaming with life

I have been mediating on this point KD and i think i have formulated the proper response.  


while admittedly we are the best at killing things, we are the violent hairless ape after all... But does that fact we are so good a killing things truly make us better?

yes we are the best at killing things you name it we can kill it but we don`t just kill things we create things, wondrous things
and the ability to kill everything will ultimately back fire on us
killing does speak to being  better or worse all animals kill things, but i think we are the only animals that kill for sport (although i do think some animals do this as well but i can`t remember )  and that IMO is worse


IF a higher being from a Utopian society was to look down upon us, would they think we were 'good'?

well that`s the million dollar question doesn`t that depend on the Utopian society what if it was a Klingon society or Romulan


Is it better to live for thousands of years or to kill a life form that has or could live for thousands of years?

why cant you live for thousands of years and NOT kill life form that has or could live for thousands of years that would be my choice( with a caveat)

are we truly higher than the slug?
the slug may kill for sustenance like all sentient beings but apart from that, maybe in defense or accident...  

well at 6ft1 i am Smile

but seriously that depends again what your measuring it against but on any meaning full scale i would say yes




Homo sapiens kills not only for sustenance and resource, which may be justifiable as necessity, but also for fun, sport, entertainment and just to create an empty space...
how many life forms die because we find them aesthetically displeasing? every weed, every little house spider is still a life form. Our species thinks nothing of killing them yet almost no other species would be so cruel to end a life with so little reason.


Too many for my liking veya
the problem is they are just two many people and religion has some blame to accept for that (but not the majority of the blame )we are a thoughtless,vindictive,cruel,aggressive,petty species but its those things and more that have got us to where we are
the trick is to move past that stage to become more enlightenso to speak
it is happening slowly too slowly  that`s what renewable energy,and the disgust seem recently world wide at the killing of lions,elephants. even vegetarians, ect  these things are the seeds of a better people who care about where they live and the other species that live with us
but holding on to the notion of gods and deity's holds us back

do i believe in A "god" or THE sun god or THE  moon god or the god of thunder NO its stupid cave man thinking not wrong for the times,it was there explanations for things they did not understand a way to explain the world
but we can explain things better now that`s the truer human achievement
we used to believe a lot of things that nobody today would even think twice about the list is almost endless but we learned we discovered we grew .we can create life ,we have seen organic materials on comets and planets light years away
if we take your the suns a living thing and watching as a reality the same as organics life on earth is "living" then every star in the universe is the same trillions trillions and trillions x ∞    of sun gods and moon gods ect  Naaaaaaa dont be daft

but i also don`t believe when your dead your dead and that`s all folks and science actually supports it

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:17 am

veya_victaous wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
no it really hasn`t your anthropomorphising again

the sun has no more watched life. than the white cliffs of Dover have watched the channel  
or the bricks in my house have watch my street

YES KD because I am not of Abraham mind that thinks Humans are special Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
It has simple as that, it has existed so based on what do you claim it is incapable of sensing?
why do you think homo sapiens are so special that there is things only we experience and perceive?... all biology points to the fact we are no different than any other mammal we are just another carbon based life form reliant on the cycle of solar energy and photosynthesis for sustenance.
Current Science is showing that plants are capable of sensing their surroundings. if life form from plants to homo sapiens can sense their surrounding it is reasonable that any life form can sense it's surroundings.

the next step is to define life and so far we have done it for ONE Small rock only, we have not proved the sun is inert any more than we have proved it is alive, in fact we have shown that it is doing more than it should if it were just an inert ball of hydrogen.

The notion that anthropomorphizing is wrong is a by product of Abrahamist lies, for anthropomorphizing to be wrong you have to show that Homo sapiens is fundamentally special.
As evidence is that Homo sapiens is NOT fundamentally special anthropomorphizing is logical.
Er..........EH!!!

anthropomorphize is a verb that means to ascribe human features to something


what you talking about when you are talking about anthropomorphizing i really have no idea

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:44 am

You think anthropomorphizing is wrong
Why?


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:46 am

veya_victaous wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
no it really hasn`t your anthropomorphising again

the sun has no more watched life. than the white cliffs of Dover have watched the channel  
or the bricks in my house have watch my street

YES KD because I am not of Abraham mind that thinks Humans are special Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Abraham mind ? what`s that then ?
It has simple as that, it has existed so based on what do you claim it is incapable of sensing? sensing what senses ?sight touch taste,sound they are human senses so no it can`t


why do you think homo sapiens are so special that there is things only we experience and perceive?... all biology points to the fact we are no different than any other mammal we are just another carbon based life form reliant on the cycle of solar energy and photosynthesis for sustenance.

Er....eh!! there are things only we experience and perceive they are things only animals  experience and perceive so i am not sure what point that makes

every living thing is carbon based life form that`s because of the way carbon can bond to almost any other element its kind of unique that way, the only other i can think of is silicon and i reckon some where out there is a silicon based life form
and no we are not much different that the rest of life on the planet except in one way our brains ,and an analogy i am sure you will understand
a slug is "gates" and  "switches".
An ant is a transistor
a bird is a 8008
a dog is a SPARC

and so on and so on "edit" humans 286......maybe



Current Science is showing that plants are capable of sensing their surroundings. if life form from plants to homo sapiens can sense their surrounding it is reasonable that any life form can sense it's surroundings.

yes any life form Life is a characteristic distinguishing physical entities having biological processes the sun does not have a  biological processes




the next step is to define life and so far we have done it for ONE Small rock only, we have not proved the sun is inert any more than we have proved it is alive, in fact we have shown that it is doing more than it should if it were just an inert ball of hydrogen.


just did life a  biological processes


The notion that anthropomorphizing is wrong is a by product of Abrahamist lies, for anthropomorphizing to be wrong you have to show that Homo sapiens is fundamentally special.
As evidence is that Homo sapiens is NOT fundamentally special anthropomorphizing is logical.
see previous post


Last edited by korban dallas on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:49 am

veya_victaous wrote:You think anthropomorphizing is wrong
Why?

anthropomorphize is a verb that means to ascribe human features to something. When you talk about a thing or animal as if it were human, you're anthropomorphizing
as you have done
so yes the way you are using it as a prop for your premise is indeed wrong

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Eilzel on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:50 am

^tommy, without the Biblical creation there is no original sin; without sin there is no need for Jesus to come and die for them. Therefore creation sits as a bedrock of all the Abrahamic faiths, including Christianity.

Of course for many people a man who walked on water, was born of a virgin, came back to life and flew to heaven is kind of silly enough Smile

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5678
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:53 am

Eilzel wrote:^tommy, without the Biblical creation there is no original sin; without sin there is no need for Jesus to come and die for them. Therefore creation sits as a bedrock of all the Abrahamic faiths, including Christianity.

Of course for many people a man who walked on water, was born of a virgin, came back to life and flew to heaven is kind of silly enough Smile
That actually made me laugh out loud lol! alien alien

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:58 am

Sorry veya no just no ok not a chance NO



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:01 am

humans are animals
there is no such thing as humans features, they are just features that appear in carbon based life forms
there is NOT ONE SINGLE thing that humans can perceive that there is Any evidence that animals cannot.

And Lol at 5 senses
Yeah Homo sapiens has 5 sense and can see 3 primary colors Cuttle fish see polarization of light giving them dozens of colors, echolocation, infra-sound, radiation, x-rays, ultraviolet light, there you go 6 sense we lack Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Let alone whatever trees are perceiving which they must to use communication which modern science is showing they do

The sun was born roughly 4.6 billion years ago.
the Sun will die
that is a life cycle
if it is alive it would be a hydrogen based life form so yeah it's not going to have DNA from a carbon based life form.
for all we know solar neutrinos will create new suns when the reach the edge of the universe... so they reproduce as well
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-is-a-star-born/



_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:03 am

korban dallas wrote:Sorry veya no just no ok not a chance NO



well you may as well have stayed and abrahamaist

cultures not corrupted by Abrahamism don't find it a problem because it is not
It is only a problem IF you feel the need to say humans are special AND there is No evidence for that

What? you sacred to admit Humans are no more than any other carbon based life form
You want to say they are prove it. burden of proof NO ONE has ever proved humans have any special perception that claim is PURELY religious, it was made by Priest not Scientists

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:29 am

veya_victaous wrote:humans are animals
there is no such thing as humans features, they are just features that appear in carbon based life forms
there is NOT ONE SINGLE thing that humans can perceive that there is Any evidence that animals cannot.


well if your not going to be serious


And Lol at 5 senses
Yeah Homo sapiens has 5 sense and can see 3 primary colors Cuttle fish see polarization of light giving them dozens of colors, echolocation,  infra-sound,  radiation,  x-rays, ultraviolet light, there you go 6 sense we lack  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

i never sad 5 senses did i ? there are many senses i have way more than 5 but we are talking about the two transitive verbs you used to support your view about the sun
1 living
2watching
3 sensing

as like a god
Attributing  human/living characteristics or personality to a thing not human


Let alone whatever trees are perceiving which they must to use communication which modern science is showing they do  

The sun was born roughly 4.6 billion years ago.
the Sun will die
that is its a life cycle

life cycle in the way you attempting to use it is as you know just context when talking about the life cycle of the sun or a bulb is anthropomorphize how long it expected to last and is analogous to birth and death


But its not
life


if it is alive it would be a hydrogen based
life form so yeah it's not going to have DNA from a carbon based life form.
for all we know solar neutrinos will create new suns when the reach the edge of the universe... so they reproduce as well
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-is-a-star-born/


Yyes scientifically viable but not proven to exist at this time......GOD i presume trillions upon trillions for ever hydrogen based life forms that`s a very big leap in logic and given that we know how the sun works how it was formed have seen them formed and will almost defiantly see another one born in our soler system in the future    

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:33 am

korban dallas wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:You think anthropomorphizing is wrong
Why?

anthropomorphize is a verb that means to ascribe human features to something. When you talk about a thing or animal as if it were human, you're anthropomorphizing
as you have done
so yes the way you are using it as a prop for your premise is indeed wrong

there you go you said Humans are separate somehow from animals... PROVE IT !

where do you get the crazy idea that homo sapiens is anything other than an animal Razz Razz Razz
that sounds like the ridiculous thinking of people in the middle east 2000 years ago Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
We know thanks to genetics that pretty much all mammals have 90% or more of the same DNA
a Rat a pest that homo Sapiens kills with out concern IS our biological relative and So close to us genetically that we can test medicines Including Psychotropic drugs on them. We could ONLY test those drugs IF their brains are Fundamentally the same.
there is plenty of evince for the similarity of animals in fact IF we evolved from the same originals life form than we are their relatives.

So do you believe in Genetics of the biblical claim that Homo sapiens Are superior to animals Suspect Suspect Suspect


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:37 am

veya_victaous wrote:
korban dallas wrote:Sorry veya no just no ok not a chance NO



well you may as well have stayed and abrahamaist

cultures not corrupted by Abrahamism don't find it a problem because it is not
It is only a problem IF you feel the need to say humans are special AND there is No evidence for that

What? you sacred to admit Humans are no more than any other carbon based life form
You want to say they are prove it. burden of proof NO ONE has ever proved humans have any special perception that claim is PURELY religious, it was made by Priest not Scientists
see they your wrong we are talking about Christianity but that`s not entirely fair its not just Christianity any body who thinks there is any kind of deity up there somewhere

who gives a toss about what happens on economically unviable', and in the "uncharted backwaters of its unfashionable end of the galaxy ", where the 'planet' Earth is found.they are needing to come out of the middle ages in to the 21 century

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:38 am

You have Not presented even one reason why the sun is not 'life'

you have only presented that it is not 'life on earth' which is pretty obvious since it is much bigger than earth

It has the same life cycle of More common life forms like bacteria that reproduce asexually.

WE ARE NOT THE STANDARD by which we define life, A bacteria is.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:42 am

korban dallas wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
korban dallas wrote:Sorry veya no just no ok not a chance NO



well you may as well have stayed and abrahamaist

cultures not corrupted by Abrahamism don't find it a problem because it is not
It is only a problem IF you feel the need to say humans are special AND there is No evidence for that

What? you sacred to admit Humans are no more than any other carbon based life form
You want to say they are prove it. burden of proof NO ONE has ever proved humans have any special perception that claim is PURELY religious, it was made by Priest not Scientists
see they your wrong we are talking about Christianity but that`s not entirely fair its not just Christianity any body who thinks there is any kind of deity up there somewhere

who gives a toss about what happens on economically unviable', and in the "uncharted backwaters of its unfashionable end of the galaxy ", where the 'planet' Earth is found.they are needing to come out of the middle ages in to the 21 century

Nope sorry
My brother kangaroo would disagree
Aboriginals (and many pagans) have always viewed other life forms as their EQUALS they have never suggested they don't have a soul. Taoism clearly says all is endowed with the same spiritual energy, the notion of Chi see that it is in ALL LIVING THINGS..
You will find Abrahamist are rather ON THEIR OWN with the claim that only Homo sapiens has souls.
Native Americans even apologized and gave a prayer for the animals they killed to eat.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:48 am

veya_victaous wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
anthropomorphize is a verb that means to ascribe human features to something. When you talk about a thing or animal as if it were human, you're anthropomorphizing
as you have done
so yes the way you are using it as a prop for your premise is indeed wrong

there you go you said Humans are separate somehow from animals... PROVE IT !

Prove what ?

where do you get the crazy idea that homo sapiens is anything other than an animal  Razz Razz Razz

EH!! i never said that ? (is it my posts your repying to ?)



that sounds like the ridiculous thinking of people in the middle east 2000 years ago Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Eh!!!

We know thanks to genetics that pretty much all mammals have 90% or more of the same DNA Er......yes and your point ?



a Rat a pest that homo Sapiens kills with out concern IS our biological relative and So close to us genetically that we can test medicines Including Psychotropic drugs on them. We could ONLY test those drugs IF their brains are Fundamentally the same.
there is plenty of evince for the similarity of animals in fact IF we evolved from the same originals life form than we are their relatives.

So do you believe in Genetics of the biblical claim that Homo sapiens Are superior to animals Suspect Suspect Suspect  

Er.......i don`t believe any thing in the bible and are Homo sapiens Are superior to animals but it  depends on what your measuring it against as i said but in most every technical sense yes, the day i see a lion shooting poachers or a partridge with  a f18 jet while a tiger lands on mars i can say yes



included above

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:00 am

veya_victaous wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
see they your wrong we are talking about Christianity but that`s not entirely fair its not just Christianity any body who thinks there is any kind of deity up there somewhere

who gives a toss about what happens on economically unviable', and in the "uncharted backwaters of its unfashionable end of the galaxy ", where the 'planet' Earth is found.they are needing to come out of the middle ages in to the 21 century

Nope sorry
My brother kangaroo would disagree well if your talking to kangaroos and he can conceptualize and give a logical reponce your needing more help than i can give you Laughing

Aboriginals (and many pagans) have always viewed other life forms as their EQUALS they have never suggested they don't have a soul.


i haven`t claimed they don``t ?


Taoism clearly says all is endowed with the same spiritual energy, the notion of Chi see that it is in ALL LIVING THINGS..


energy yep been saying that

You will find Abrahamist are rather ON THEIR OWN with the claim that only Homo sapiens has souls.

i am not a Abrahamist and i have never claimed anything about souls


Native Americans even apologized and gave a prayer for the animals they killed to eat.

yes i know about Native Americans especially the sioux i  read myths and legends of the sioux a year or so ago
still have the kindle file if you want on my ipad

they apologised to the spirit of the animal not the same as " a god" they had many gods as well, not just one

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:06 am

Before the creation of man, the Great Spirit (whose tracks are yet to be seen on the stones, at the Red Pipe, in the form of a large bird) used to slay buffaloes and eat them on the ledge of the Red Rocks, on top of the Coteau des Prairies, and their blood running on to the rocks, turned them red.

One day when a large snake had crawled into the nest of the bird to eat his eggs, one of the eggs hatched out in a clap of thunder, and the Great Spirit, catching hold of a piece of the pipestone to throw at the snake, moulded [sic] into a man.

This man's feet grew fast in the ground where he stood for many ages, like a great tree, and therefore he grew very old; he was older than a hundred men at the present day; and at last another tree grew up by the side of him, when a large snake ate them both off at the roots, and they wandered off together; from these have sprung all the people that now inhabit the earth.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:30 am

veya_victaous wrote:You have Not presented even one reason why the sun is not 'life'

Oh but i have


you have only presented that it is not 'life on earth' which is pretty obvious since it is much bigger than earth

that`s also not true
i accepted your premise of a hydrogen based life form however a stretch that is to current knowledge of elements
more akin to the world of war craft with its earth wind ,water,fire elemental not in reality  


It has the same life cycle of More common life forms like bacteria that reproduce asexually.

NO your using life cycle to anthropomorphising the sun to a living thing and using that premise to support it being living

you might as well say
MTBF  mean time between failure



WE ARE NOT THE STANDARD by which we define life, A bacteria is.
WE ARE THE STANDARD by which we define intelligent life

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:51 am

It is in your post because you said "When you talk about a thing or animal as if it were human, you're anthropomorphizing"  SO Prove the fundamental difference between homo sapiens and every other animals. otherwise yes YOU SHOULD BE anthropomorphizing because you have NO reason to assume there is any difference.


so put all you put together
Animals have soul if humans have souls
Life has souls if Animals have souls
So If souls are the divine energy then Life is divine.
A prayer for a dead deer is still a prayer to the divine soul

where we wish to draw the line on the definition of gods is debatable, Unfortunately your mind is too closed for that debate, first you need to accept that a meteor can be a valid god because there were humans calling meteors gods 10,000's of years before Moses was born. So I will not accept (and no one should) this new definition of god that requires omnipotence and omniscience, wiser minds had already defined it more accurately, Abrahamism was always a step backwards, Even Atheists had already produced superior Philosophic works Before the bible was written  (a great irony is that Atheism is Older than Abrahamism yet so many atheist define it in terms of something that didn't exist when their philosophy was created  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect )

And pfft Humans are top  Razz  Razz  Razz
as far as the Methuselah trees are concerned we a dead within moments of birth, we last a couple on minutes tops on the MAJORITY of earth, the only planet we can survive on and most of it is uninhabitable to us without huge resource usage.  Yeah we sound really well equipped to exist in the vastness of the universe.. NOT  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  we cant even do it alone we need to take other life forms with us to consume to sustain our existence. there are hundred of bacteria on the planet and even simple plants that a better equipped to travel and colonize the universe than us.

energy equals Souls
or specifically the Animus as described in Plato's treatise of the soul Wink
A well established logical precess that if something is endowed with living energy it by virtue of that energy has a soul. it is not fact but Plato's logic is pretty hard to fault.

And you should try talking to one no as arrogant as homo sapiens, you'd learn something... Sorry i cant help you if you are too racist to try
Kangaroos have been 'Brothers' to man down under for since the aboriginal arrived..
Only the closed mind can walk the sandstone paths carved by bare-feet over 10's of 1000's of years and not feel the soul of the land. we come from it we return to it, we are but a phase, a transient thing, we will only ever exist for a moment in the eyes of the universe.

Mediation leads to true empathy, all life is the same I am no more important than any other, i am not great, we are not all there can be, the mere fact i can imagine one 1000's of times 'more' than us means that we have 1000's of times more that we can improve. And to assume that no other life form has done it in the vast time and space of the universe is as arrogant as you can be.


Sorry KD... we are far from Vulcan, it seems even most of mankind can imagine beings superior to ourselves, because we know it is possible, in our hearts of hearts we know we are but beasts

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:52 am

who says we are intelligent


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:57 am

i accepted your premise of a hydrogen based life form however a stretch that is to current knowledge of elements
more akin to the world of war craft with its earth wind ,water,fire elemental not in reality

not at all
I don't expect it to be like us at all
Inferring from what Tyson said it's level is such that we in our tininess would not even recognize it.
Do your gut bacteria think you are intelligent do they think you are alive?

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:40 am


Neil DeGrasse Tyson's 'Great Fear': Aliens Have Been to Earth And Thought We Were Dumb

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:45 am


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:16 am

veya_victaous wrote:It is in your post because you said "When you talk about a thing or animal as if it were human, you're anthropomorphizing"  YES ? SO Prove the fundamental difference between homo sapiens and every other animals. otherwise yes YOU SHOULD BE anthropomorphizing because you have NO reason to assume there is any difference.

Thats just gobbledygook Prove the fundamental difference between homo sapiens and every other animals. What sort of question is that what do you class as a fundamental similarity whwre do you want the comparison to start
Are we all carbon based yes
do all the higher order species animals and plants share common fundamental anatomy yes for the most part

OR plant structure yes again for the most part.

Am i fundamentally different to an elephant yes

not only because on the out side we look completely different and in fact its we are not even the same species


so put all you put together
Animals have soul if humans have souls
Life has souls if Animals have souls
So If souls are the divine energy then Life is divine. ?divine Having the nature of or being a deity. i have never called it that ? whats divine about it
A prayer for a dead deer is still a prayer to the divine soul i have never said or claimed any divinity of energy

where we wish to draw the line on the definition of gods is debatable, Unfortunately your mind is too closed for that debate, first you need to accept that a meteor can be a valid god because there were humans calling meteors gods 10,000's of years before Moses was born. So I will not accept (and no one should) this new definition of god that requires omnipotence and omniscience, wiser minds had already defined it more accurately, Abrahamism was always a step backwards, Even Atheists had already produced superior Philosophic works Before the bible was written  (a great irony is that Atheism is Older than Abrahamism yet so many atheist define it in terms of something that didn't exist when their philosophy was created  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect )


but its not a god its a meteor you would think a god could slow down before he smacks his face on the ground causing devastation


And pfft Humans are top  Razz  Razz  Razz
as far as the Methuselah trees are concerned we a dead within moments of birth, we last a couple on minutes tops on the MAJORITY of earth, the only planet we can survive on and most of it is uninhabitable to us without huge resource usage.  Yeah we sound really well equipped to exist in the vastness of the universe.. NOT  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  we cant even do it alone we need to take other life forms with us to consume to sustain our existence. there are hundred of bacteria on the planet and even simple plants that a better equipped to travel and colonize the universe than us.


anthropomorphising again as if the Methuselah trees are concerned




energy equals Souls life force
or specifically the Animus as described in Plato's treatise of the soul Wink
A well established logical precess that if something is endowed with living energy it by virtue of that energy has a soul. it is not fact but Plato's logic is pretty hard to fault. anthropomorphising againand i am using 21 century logic nothing to do with plato

And you should try talking to one no as arrogant as homo sapiens, you'd learn something... Sorry i cant help you if you are too racist to try
Kangaroos have been 'Brothers' to man down under for since the aboriginal arrived..
Only the closed mind can walk the sandstone paths carved by bare-feet over 10's of 1000's of years and not feel the soul of the land. we come from it we return to it, we are but a phase, a transient thing, we will only ever exist for a moment in the eyes of the universe.

atheist not raciest subtle but important distinction


Mediation leads to true empathy, all life is the same I am no more important than any other, i am not great, we are not all there can be, the mere fact i can imagine one 1000's of times 'more' than us means that we have 1000's of times more that we can improve. And to assume that no other life form has done it in the vast time and space of the universe is as arrogant as you can be.

arrogant ? atheist

I am no more important than any other Oh really!! nice to say even harder to live by with out some mystical way to justiy it


Sorry KD... we are far from Vulcan, it seems even most of mankind can imagine beings superior to ourselves, because we know it is possible, in our hearts of hearts we know we are but beasts
i have no problem with beings tecnologicaly superior to ourselves some where in the universe but i have a big problem with the amount of gods wizzing about the universe dropping bloody great rocks on peoples heads saying

worship me and love me and i might come back or send my son along to see how things are going or what ever religion or myth people cling to ,to make sense of there life`s to cling on to a deity makes no sense what so ever and in fact holds you back from the very thing you seek
the difference is religions hold people back behind the curtain ,if you could see all the stage hands and actors taking position and moving sets some of the illusion is lost

science looks behind the curtain it wants to know how to do this, how that happens ,what makes that go bang ect


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:04 am

korban dallas wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:It is in your post because you said "When you talk about a thing or animal as if it were human, you're anthropomorphizing"  YES ? SO Prove the fundamental difference between homo sapiens and every other animals. otherwise yes YOU SHOULD BE anthropomorphizing because you have NO reason to assume there is any difference.

Thats just gobbledygook   Prove the fundamental difference between homo sapiens and every other animals. What sort of question is that what do you class as a fundamental similarity whwre do you want the comparison to start
Are we all carbon based  yes
do all the higher order species animals and plants share common fundamental anatomy  yes for the most part

OR plant structure yes again for the most part.

Am i fundamentally different to an elephant yes NO you are not, miniscule the difference  elephants are somewhere closer than cats to us

And all are earthlings all are oxygen breathers all are water drinkers, consume similar organic matter which is process thorough almost the same chemical to produce almost the same sugars and fat to be stored in almost the same way around you body made out of the same chemicals, apart from what you look expect you both have 4 limbs, skin, eyes, air hole in middle face, mouth so still pretty similar on a universal level and even than to the sun/space you look the same... your both just a tiny dots


not only because on the out side we look completely different and in fact its we are not even the same species  


so put all you put together
Animals have soul if humans have souls
Life has souls if Animals have souls
So If souls are the divine energy then Life is divine.  ?divine Having the nature of or being a deity. i have never called it that ? whats divine about it
A prayer for a dead deer is still a prayer to the divine soul i have never said or claimed any divinity of energy

where we wish to draw the line on the definition of gods is debatable, Unfortunately your mind is too closed for that debate, first you need to accept that a meteor can be a valid god because there were humans calling meteors gods 10,000's of years before Moses was born. So I will not accept (and no one should) this new definition of god that requires omnipotence and omniscience, wiser minds had already defined it more accurately, Abrahamism was always a step backwards, Even Atheists had already produced superior Philosophic works Before the bible was written  (a great irony is that Atheism is Older than Abrahamism yet so many atheist define it in terms of something that didn't exist when their philosophy was created  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect )


but its not a god its a meteor you would think a god could slow down before he smacks his face on the ground causing devastation
It is a god named Utdjungon worshiped for over 20,000 years, you mean it is not your races god, Why would a god slow down? does a Virus slow down when sneezed at a new host? there you go again Assuming Human traits are relevant

And pfft Humans are top  Razz  Razz  Razz
as far as the Methuselah trees are concerned we a dead within moments of birth, we last a couple on minutes tops on the MAJORITY of earth, the only planet we can survive on and most of it is uninhabitable to us without huge resource usage.  Yeah we sound really well equipped to exist in the vastness of the universe.. NOT  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  we cant even do it alone we need to take other life forms with us to consume to sustain our existence. there are hundred of bacteria on the planet and even simple plants that a better equipped to travel and colonize the universe than us.


anthropomorphising again as if the Methuselah trees are concerned WHY do you think they are not? The only life from we have a measurement for is. You have not got a single life form to support you opinion that they don't think. Come on KD you cant just keep saying anthropomorphising  Like it is bad, UNLESS you think Homo sapiens is magically special Which there is NO EVIDENCE FOR
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I I FIGHT ATHEIST

You say you reject the bible then ON WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU MAKE THE CLAIM that animals and plant that share the vast majority of our DNA  are So dramatically different than us!!!



energy equals Souls life force
or specifically the Animus as described in Plato's treatise of the soul Wink
A well established logical precess that if something is endowed with living energy it by virtue of that energy has a soul. it is not fact but Plato's logic is pretty hard to fault. anthropomorphising againand i am using 21 century logic nothing to do with plato   logic is logic Plato is still taught to day because it is still valid
Swap the Greek elements for the periodic table and all the argument stand

And you should try talking to one no as arrogant as homo sapiens, you'd learn something... Sorry i cant help you if you are too racist to try
Kangaroos have been 'Brothers' to man down under for since the aboriginal arrived..
Only the closed mind can walk the sandstone paths carved by bare-feet over 10's of 1000's of years and not feel the soul of the land. we come from it we return to it, we are but a phase, a transient thing, we will only ever exist for a moment in the eyes of the universe.

atheist not raciest subtle but important distinction

Racist because you don't even consider others definitions and instantly dismiss them because they don't come from your kind   


Mediation leads to true empathy, all life is the same I am no more important than any other, i am not great, we are not all there can be, the mere fact i can imagine one 1000's of times 'more' than us means that we have 1000's of times more that we can improve. And to assume that no other life form has done it in the vast time and space of the universe is as arrogant as you can be.

arrogant ? atheist   YES you think humans are the best because you are a human that is the definition of Arrogance You think something is the best for the sole reason that it is you

I am no more important than any other Oh really!! nice to say even harder to live by with out some mystical way to justiy it
You are the one that thinks humans are special i think we are animals It is you that is making some Mystical claim based on your perception that Violence equals quality


Sorry KD... we are far from Vulcan, it seems even most of mankind can imagine beings superior to ourselves, because we know it is possible, in our hearts of hearts we know we are but beasts
i have no problem with beings tecnologicaly superior to ourselves some where in the universe but i have a big problem with the amount of gods wizzing about the universe dropping bloody great rocks on peoples heads saying

worship me and love me and i might come back or send my son along to see how things are going or what ever religion or myth  people cling to ,to make sense of there life`s to cling on to a deity makes no sense what so ever and in fact holds you back from the very thing you seek
the difference is religions hold people back behind the curtain ,if you could see all the stage hands and actors taking position and moving sets some of the illusion is lost
LOL
Really Pretty sure you have just denied any possibility that isn't the same as the limited amount on this planet
And Like didge just STUPID just suggesting a personal god is fucking ridiculous, Do you want me to laugh at you?? is that it ?? THERE IS NO PERSONAL GOD only morons even suggest there is!!!!


science looks behind the curtain it wants to know how to do this, how that happens ,what makes that go bang ect
Correct So stop making claims that there is nothing when you don't know that!  You cannot say the sun is not alive You and Science does not know that and the existence of solar Neutrinos and the fact that we have shown there is still more energy being radiated In excess of the amount of energy inert Hydrogen would radiate Only points to the fact that the SUN IS MORE THAN INERT we don't have name accept 'alive' or maybe 'divine' for that concept


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16026
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:56 am

veya_victaous wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
i have no problem with beings tecnologicaly superior to ourselves some where in the universe but i have a big problem with the amount of gods wizzing about the universe dropping bloody great rocks on peoples heads saying

worship me and love me and i might come back or send my son along to see how things are going or what ever religion or myth  people cling to ,to make sense of there life`s to cling on to a deity makes no sense what so ever and in fact holds you back from the very thing you seek
the difference is religions hold people back behind the curtain ,if you could see all the stage hands and actors taking position and moving sets some of the illusion is lost
LOL
Really Pretty sure you have just denied any possibility that isn't the same as the limited amount on this planet
And Like didge just STUPID just suggesting a personal god is fucking ridiculous, Do you want me to laugh at you?? is that it ?? THERE IS NO PERSONAL GOD only morons even suggest there is!!!!


science looks behind the curtain it wants to know how to do this, how that happens ,what makes that go bang ect
Correct So stop making claims that there is nothing when you don't know that!  You cannot say the sun is not alive You and Science does not know that and the existence of solar Neutrinos and the fact that we have shown there is still more energy being radiated In excess of the amount of energy inert Hydrogen would radiate Only points to the fact that the SUN IS MORE THAN INERT we don't have name accept 'alive' or maybe 'divine' for that concept  

i used to have a friend called Dennis, he was a good guy and i knew him for many years and he talked like you in many ways ,he once spent two days hitching and walking to the Buddhist temple some 80 miles away any one of us would have taken him but no Dennis wanted to walk it ultimatly fails when the turned roundan said sorry bud no you can`t come in or the time he made a shoe just the one it was like shoe made of whole bananas turned out he had done tomany of the wrong kind of drugs over the years and he had fliped

you can beleve in what you like i have no problem with it some are far more questionable that others any religion is just a manifestation of fear of the unknown and fear to look behind the curtain because i guess they are scared what they might see
yet what they will see is the far better and a lot more interesting

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:07 am

Jesus really did exist and there is tangable evidence of this because he has been re-incarnated back into this life as Iain Duncan Smith who has used his amazing skills that showed that five thousand people really can be fed on five loaves of bread and a couple of fish and that people who believed they couldn't walk really can get up and walk after all.

He truly is the messiah who managed to convince an electorate that this is true and to vote him back into office.

And the two thieves that were also nailed to a cross at the same time by the Romans are back as well as David Cameron and George Osborne.

It's a done deal so mind how you go boys and girls Laughing.

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:12 am

korban dallas wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
i used to have a friend called Dennis, he was a good guy and i knew him for many years and he talked like you in many ways ,he once spent two days hitching and walking to the Buddhist temple  some 80 miles away any one of us would have taken him but no Dennis wanted to walk it ultimatly fails when the turned roundan said sorry bud no you can`t come in or the time he made a shoe just the one it was like shoe made of whole bananas turned out he had done tomany of the wrong kind of drugs over the years and he had fliped

you can beleve in what you like i have no problem with it some are far more questionable that others any religion is just a manifestation of fear of the unknown and fear to look behind the curtain because i guess they are scared what they might see
yet what they will see is the far better and a lot more interesting

Which Buddhist Temple did he go to?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28870
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Jesus really did exist and there is tangable evidence of this because he has been re-incarnated back into this life as Iain Duncan Smith who has used his amazing skills that showed that five thousand people really can be fed on five loaves of bread and a couple of fish and that people who believed they couldn't walk really can get up and walk after all.

He truly is the messiah who managed to convince an electorate that this is true and to vote him back into office.

And the two thieves that were also nailed to a cross at the same time by the Romans are back as well as David Cameron and George Osborne.

It's a done deal so mind how you go boys and girls Laughing.
sounds about right dude Laughing


but that aside i am sure jesus was a real person .....just not who he claimed to be aka son of god but that`s a whole different kettle of fish

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:59 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Jesus was the foundation of 'Christianity'...


Although 'Christianity' was founded by others...


Well yes you could make that argument but as Jesus supported the OT claimed to be the son of god from the OT and came not to change it but enforce it (the OT) its a pretty murky distinction


And lets not forget Jesus isn`t necessarily  who he claims to be. as all the evidence from the bible discounts Jesus as the saviour foretold in the bible

beware of false profits



Where do you get all that from!?


From the bible that was written by others a couple of centuries after by any chance...?


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18712
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
Well yes you could make that argument but as Jesus supported the OT claimed to be the son of god from the OT and came not to change it but enforce it (the OT) its a pretty murky distinction


And lets not forget Jesus isn`t necessarily  who he claims to be. as all the evidence from the bible discounts Jesus as the saviour foretold in the bible

beware of false profits



Where do you get all that from!?


From the bible that was written by others a couple of centuries after by any chance...?


lol!
get what from ?

the fact
Jesus isn`t necessarily  who he claims to be or he came not to change it but enforce it (the OT)

and yes all from the bible as its the only reference available

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:15 pm

Jesus isn't necessarily portrayed entirely accurately in the bible either... that was my point...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18712
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Jesus isn't necessarily portrayed entirely accurately in the bible either... that was my point...
well according to the bible (our main reference) he doesn`t meet the prophecies to have been the Messiah,
and therefore is a false prophet something the bible warns against ....that was my point

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:12 pm

And your point disappears up its own arse hole as usual...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18712
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And your point disappears up its own arse hole as usual...
wow i answer you question and you come back with abuse your really are a stupid little prick

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:12 pm

I'm saying I don't think the bible is an entirely factual or accurate portrayal of Jesus, his life, actions, or his words...


Are you saying it is...!?





_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18712
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I'm saying I don't think the bible is an entirely factual or accurate portrayal of Jesus, his life, actions, or his words...


Are you saying it is...!?




do you read posts of other people or do you just pump your gums to keep your brain from seizing up ether way my bull shit card is full this evening so if you would like yo make an appointment i will get to your brand of crazy at a later date

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:30 pm

I haven't read all this thread or even all this page... sorry if I've missed something important... I was just making a small point and you jumped on it and seem to be arguing against something I haven't said...!?

Not sure what your point really is... it seems to be a circular argument that tries use the bible as fact while arguing that it proves the bible is rubbish because it says so in the bible...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18712
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I haven't read all this thread or even all this page... sorry if I've missed something important... I was just making a small point and you jumped on it and seem to be arguing against something I haven't said...!?

Not sure what your point really is... it seems to be a circular argument that tries use the bible as fact while arguing that it proves the bible is rubbish because it says so in the bible...


well if you had bothered to read the posts previous or any of my posts over the years you would have soon discovered i believe very little of what`s written in the bible and was in fact pointing out its absurd and contradictory nature especially when it comes to who Jesus claimed to be

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:01 pm

So you don't believe the bible but believe the bit which claims what Jesus claimed to be...!?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18712
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by sassy on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:15 pm

was in fact pointing out its absurd and contradictory nature especially when it comes to who Jesus claimed to be


Learn to read Tommy.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17238
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So you don't believe the bible but believe the bit which claims what Jesus claimed to be...!?




He does not need or require to believe either.
What he can rightly do is point out the contradictions to a Christians who does believe the bible to be true.
I mean you make many assertations on the life of Muhammad so much so does that make you believe the Quran was the word of Allah? Its all about those who did believe that it is true.
Are you saying you need to believe a passage in order to show how a faith contradicts in its belief off passages?

If you want a historicity lesson, the view  accepted by many historians is that the sayings of Jesus point to them being actual sayings. This is reasoned by the fact they are repeated and replicated in not just the works found in the bible but also those omitted, near enough 80+ not included. Its the miracles and claims to what he did that lack any validity or evidence. So if Jesus said he did not come to change the law but to fullfil it, then it stands to reason this is something that could be very well something he may well have said/ Who knows, but the point is if Korben questions verses found within a faith he is doing so based on those who truely believe the bible

Does that help understand why you are being a complete idiot here?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum