Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:09 am


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:09 am

Raggamuffin wrote:What are people actually talking about here? Is it the earth being created by God in six days versus the world not being created by God at all? As I said, there is a alternative view which is in between - ie, what Victor said.
well do you beleve the earth and all its many life forms where created in six days ....lets get a base line shall we

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:11 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:What are people actually talking about here? Is it the earth being created by God in six days versus the world not being created by God at all? As I said, there is a alternative view which is in between - ie, what Victor said.
well do you beleve the earth and all its many life forms where created in six days ....lets get a base line shall we

Well let's get the baseline re what you're actually saying. Are you talking about it being created in six days by God, or not being created by God at all?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27628
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:15 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
well do you beleve the earth and all its many life forms where created in six days ....lets get a base line shall we

Well let's get the baseline re what you're actually saying. Are you talking about it being created in six days by God, or not being created by God at all?
as i pointed out and asked in relpy to victor

six days by god as told in the first chapter of the bible aka genesis

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:16 am

Of course he might have created it in six days, and then evolution occurred.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27628
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:19 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Of course he might have created it in six days, and then evolution occurred.
so that`s a yes you believe in the biblical account of creation

ps might is doubt

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:24 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Of course he might have created it in six days, and then evolution occurred.
so that`s a yes you believe in the biblical account of creation

ps might is doubt

That's not what I said - I'm merely putting forward some theories as to what people are actually discussing here.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27628
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:25 am

And if he did create man his image and as you say evolution took over
explain this

was god an ape ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:26 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
so that`s a yes you believe in the biblical account of creation

ps might is doubt

That's not what I said - I'm merely putting forward some theories as to what people are actually discussing here.
it is what i asked you
and i ask again

do you believe in the biblical account of creation yes or no

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:29 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That's not what I said - I'm merely putting forward some theories as to what people are actually discussing here.
it is what i asked you
and i ask again

do you believe in the biblical account of creation yes or no

That's the wrong question. The question should be - do I believe that the world we see today is the same world which may or may not have been created in six days - ie, with the same life forms.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27628
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:35 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
it is what i asked you
and i ask again

do you believe in the biblical account of creation yes or no

That's the wrong question. The question should be - do I believe that the world we see today is the same world which may or may not have been created in six days - ie, with the same life forms.
no it`s only the wrong question when you don`t what to be pinned down on an answer
the creation myth is the very basis for the belief in god and is the base line and foundation of Christianity, or any faith for that matter

so i ask again do you believe in the biblical account of creation as described in the first first pages of the bible

i obviously don`t

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:37 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That's the wrong question. The question should be - do I believe that the world we see today is the same world which may or may not have been created in six days - ie, with the same life forms.
no it`s only the wrong question when you don`t what to be pinned down on an answer
the creation myth is the very basis for the belief in god and is the base line and foundation of Christianity, or any faith for that matter

so i ask again do you believe in the biblical account of creation as described in the first first pages of the bible

i obviously don`t
 

Well if you won't ask the right question, I can't help you.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27628
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:40 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
no it`s only the wrong question when you don`t what to be pinned down on an answer
the creation myth is the very basis for the belief in god and is the base line and foundation of Christianity, or any faith for that matter

so i ask again do you believe in the biblical account of creation as described in the first first pages of the bible

i obviously don`t
 

Well if you won't ask the right question, I can't help you.
so you want to dictate the questions asked now

its a simple question you ether believe in the creation story or you don`t i have told you my view
why are you so reluctant to answer the question a simple question
yes or no do you believe in the biblical account of creation as described in the first first pages of the bible

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:03 am

Cuchulain wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Yet more drivel.
You have no facts, just stupidity it seems you have that in abundance.
The onus is on you to prove that there is gods/
Its not down to me to disprove something which is not proven.
What an idiot.
So you want me to disprove somethinng you cannot prove exists.

PMSL

It does not get anymore illogical than that, the burden of proof is yours to make, in other words you have to prove the sun is a living being.

Move along dummy and allow the groan ups to debate, as that was epci stupidity if I ever saw it. Victor does not agree with you in the slightest, show anywhere that he has?

As to fear I do not fear anything but know how to deal with threats to the sanctity of life, again only an idiot would appease bad ideas of which many religions are.

what is fire?

Oh I see you are now recognising you are an idiot on the burden of proof.
As to fire, it has no relevance to me on atheism.

No it shows that you are unable to define a form of energy that we KNOW exists so what chance do you have of defining 'Chi' Wink

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:12 am

@KD
just read the thing about ants

Okay you know about ants? you know that One species of ants includes individuals with different DNA YET only the Queen passes on DNA as only she reproduces, the vast majority of female workers soldiers nurses farmers Do not pass on their DNA, The Queen is appears to be able to 'select' the DNA in the Egg including DNA she does not actually posses, AND that doesn't even get close to answering how did it come into existence and stay in existence when the worker or solider NEVER reproduces to pass on the DNA. How id it get into the queen for her to put it into eggs?


All these ants are from the same nest and came out of the same queen Wink

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:13 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Oh I see you are now recognising you are an idiot on the burden of proof.
As to fire, it has no relevance to me on atheism.

No it shows that you are unable to define a form of energy that we KNOW exists so what chance do you have of defining 'Chi' Wink

Gobbledygook
It has no relevance to the points at hand, just mopre of your mumbo jumbo   Laughing
Again burden of proof is from the claimant.
You have no evidence for the Sun being a living being.

Oh dear ha ha ha ha ha

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:19 am

veya_victaous wrote:@KD
just read the thing about ants

Okay you know about ants? you know that One species of ants includes individuals with different DNA YET only the Queen passes on DNA as only she reproduces, the vast majority of female workers soldiers nurses farmers Do not pass on their DNA, The Queen is appears to be able to 'select' the DNA in the Egg including DNA she does not actually posses, AND that doesn't even get close to answering how did it come into existence and stay in existence when the worker or solider NEVER reproduces to pass on the DNA. How id it get into the queen for her to put it into eggs?


All these ants are from the same nest and came out of the same queen  Wink
well i don`t claim to be any sort of expert on ants however that said i suspect its analogrous to the way bees use royal jelly When worker bees decide to make a new queen because the old one is either weakening or dead they choose several small larvae and feed them with copious amounts of royal jelly in specially constructed queen cells. This type of feeding triggers the development of queen morphology, including the fully developed ovaries needed to lay eggs.
i can see no reason a similar triggering method is not being used used by queen ants

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:30 am

@Didge
yes there is, or at least that it is producing more energy that it should if it were just a ball of hydrogen. (the result of a 2002 Nobel prize)

the reason for it being 'living' is any other 'thing' that produces energy beyond it's chemical content is alive and/or all living things produce energy beyond their chemical content.

And we haven't defined fire so NO we have not defined the energy that we know to radiating from living things  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  
So I don't know that the sun is a god because it could just be alive Or we may end up defining a dozen more energies and there will be no link between life energy and one of the undefined solar radiations... but if that is the case we Still all exist because of the Sun.

However when you consider how we sustain our energy (and by 'we' i mean life on earth) the circle of life is literally plant grows by photosynthesizing energy from the sun animal eats plant another animal eats that animals and so on.
Thus it is quite logical

You are still looking at a old book written 2000 years ago for a spiritual guide, i am looking at modern Physics to explain the universe, we seek different things from faith. Rolling Eyes


Last edited by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:34 am

@KD
possible but no evidence for it and they have been studied Wink Plus the difference is more dramatic than bees plus ants are much older (Bees don't exist until flowers, ants are pre-dinosaur)

And even the Bees production of royal Jelly really raises more questions than it answers. Although it could be explained through hormones..

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:46 am

veya_victaous wrote:@KD
possible but no evidence for it and they have been studied Wink  Plus the difference is more dramatic than bees plus ants are much older (Bees don't exist until flowers, ants are pre-dinosaur)

And even the Bees production of royal Jelly really raises more questions than it answers. Although it could be explained through hormones..
well apparently it has been studied the level of care and nourishment the larvae receive will determine their eventual adult form. When resources are low, all larvae will develop into female worker ants however, if the parent of a sexually reproducing colony has a plentiful supply of food, some of the larvae will receive better nourishment than others, and develop into winged, sexually mature female ants destined to leave the colony.

And using the word living is an description of the living sun as an anthropomorphising or ascribeing human form or attributes to a material object

the living wage is an more simple example of that

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:48 am

veya_victaous wrote:@Didge
yes there is, or at least that it is producing more energy that it should if it were just a ball of hydrogen. (the result of a 2002 Nobel prize)

the reason for it being 'living' is any other 'thing' that produces energy beyond it's chemical content is alive and/or all living things produce energy beyond their chemical content.

And we haven't defined fire so NO we have not defined the energy that we know to radiating from living things  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  
So I don't know that the sun is a god because it could just be alive Or we may end up defining a dozen more energies and there will be no link between life energy and one of the undefined solar radiations... but if that is the case we Still all exist because of the Sun.

However when you consider how we sustain our energy (and by 'we' i mean life on earth) the circle of life is literally plant grows by photosynthesizing energy from the sun animal eats plant another animal eats that animals and so on.
Thus it is quite logical

You are still looking at a old book written 2000 years ago for a spiritual guide, i am looking at modern Physics to explain the universe, we seek different things from faith. Rolling Eyes

That is not evidence it is a living being.
By living being we mean concious being, which you need to prove that it is.
So the above was nothing but gobbledygook and if you made that claim to any scientist they would laugh their heads off at you.
In fact why not present your claim, and when you get ridiculed, please share their comments on here, so we can all laugh at you as well


Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by eddie on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:49 pm

I think, for what it's worth, that devout religious people who believe in written words by "anon" (because let's face it, they don't know the writers of these great books) and devout atheists are very similar.

They both cover their ears and eyes and say "La la la, I am right!"

Nobody knows for sure so to make a claim that you do, is just bloody stupid.

_________________
“They were curved together like quotation marks with no words in between.”
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30470
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by eddie on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:51 pm

As we are back on topic I'll move this back to religious section in a minute.

_________________
“They were curved together like quotation marks with no words in between.”
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30470
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:57 pm

eddie wrote:I think, for what it's worth, that devout religious people who believe in written words by "anon" (because let's face it, they don't know the writers of these great books) and devout atheists are very similar.

They both cover their ears and eyes and say "La la la, I am right!"

Nobody knows for sure so to make a claim that you do, is just bloody stupid.


That is a new one devout in regards to athiesm, which makes little sense Eddie.
Its very simple Eddie, if there is no evidence why should I believe.
Otheriwse you would have to take the view every claim is possible and thus must believe yourself in the Christian, Islamic, Jewish, Bhuddist, Hindu ect deities and they cannot all be right as the beliefs conflict.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:13 pm

eddie wrote:I think, for what it's worth, that devout religious people who believe in written words by "anon" (because let's face it, they don't know the writers of these great books) and devout atheists are very similar.

They both cover their ears and eyes and say "La la la, I am right!"

Nobody knows for sure so to make a claim that you do, is just bloody stupid.
Not at all my ears are completely open and that`s the difference between the religious and the non religious
one is provable, demonstrable, repeatable observations of cause and effect or natural phenomenons

The other is
i had a pall or met this guy who met this guy who`s sister heard from this guys brothers best mates wife  
who told me this story
And from telling to telling of that story  it gets bits added ,forgot,things get changed    

the  bible might as well be the script of star-wars especially the OT the foundation of in this case Christianity and in fact Islam

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by eddie on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Devout can mean:

totally committed to a cause or belief.
"the most devout environmentalist"
synonyms: dedicated, devoted, committed, loyal, faithful, staunch, genuine, firm, steadfast, resolute, unwavering, sincere, wholehearted, keen, earnest, enthusiastic, zealous, passionate, ardent, fervent, intense, vehement, active, sworn, pledged; More

_________________
“They were curved together like quotation marks with no words in between.”
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30470
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:11 pm

eddie wrote:Devout can mean:

totally committed to a cause or belief.
"the most devout environmentalist"
synonyms: dedicated, devoted, committed, loyal, faithful, staunch, genuine, firm, steadfast, resolute, unwavering, sincere, wholehearted, keen, earnest, enthusiastic, zealous, passionate, ardent, fervent, intense, vehement, active, sworn, pledged; More


The point you miss Eddie is that an athiest is never going to think its a possibility, hence the redundecy of using the word devout.
Athiests question, not cover their ears, there is a huge difference

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by eddie on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:27 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:Devout can mean:

totally committed to a cause or belief.
"the most devout environmentalist"
synonyms: dedicated, devoted, committed, loyal, faithful, staunch, genuine, firm, steadfast, resolute, unwavering, sincere, wholehearted, keen, earnest, enthusiastic, zealous, passionate, ardent, fervent, intense, vehement, active, sworn, pledged; More


The point you miss Eddie is that an athiest is never going to think its a possibility, hence the redundecy of using the word devout.
Athiests question, not cover their ears, there is a huge difference

I meant devout Atheist meaning devoted to "not-believing" in the same way a devout religious person is devoted to believing.

Doesn't matter lol
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30470
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:37 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


The point you miss Eddie is that an athiest is never going to think its a possibility, hence the redundecy of using the word devout.
Athiests question, not cover their ears, there is a huge difference

I meant devout Atheist meaning devoted to "not-believing" in the same way a devout religious person is devoted to believing.

Doesn't matter l
ol
Er,,,, good does that make me a devoted unbeliever in unicorns

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:06 am

@KD

ummm...big bang...not biblical creation

and.......

spherical cubes (or cubic spheres...you choose)

do exist...try some non euclidain geometry....... affraid

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:08 am

Cuchulain wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:@Didge
yes there is, or at least that it is producing more energy that it should if it were just a ball of hydrogen. (the result of a 2002 Nobel prize)

the reason for it being 'living' is any other 'thing' that produces energy beyond it's chemical content is alive and/or all living things produce energy beyond their chemical content.

And we haven't defined fire so NO we have not defined the energy that we know to radiating from living things  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  
So I don't know that the sun is a god because it could just be alive Or we may end up defining a dozen more energies and there will be no link between life energy and one of the undefined solar radiations... but if that is the case we Still all exist because of the Sun.

However when you consider how we sustain our energy (and by 'we' i mean life on earth) the circle of life is literally plant grows by photosynthesizing energy from the sun animal eats plant another animal eats that animals and so on.
Thus it is quite logical

You are still looking at a old book written 2000 years ago for a spiritual guide, i am looking at modern Physics to explain the universe, we seek different things from faith. Rolling Eyes

That is not evidence it is a living being.
By living being we mean concious being, which you need to prove that it is.
So the above was nothing but gobbledygook and if you made that claim to any scientist they would laugh their heads off at you.
In fact why not present your claim, and when you get ridiculed, please share their comments on here, so we can all laugh at you as well


Laughing

So a virus is conscious mold bacteria all conscious, let alone trees and planets grass etc... well someone is now make great spiritual claims, i happen to agree but it is not proven Rolling Eyes

All are living none are defined as conscious so your requirement of consciousness is NOT a requirement for life

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:14 am

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:Devout can mean:

totally committed to a cause or belief.
"the most devout environmentalist"
synonyms: dedicated, devoted, committed, loyal, faithful, staunch, genuine, firm, steadfast, resolute, unwavering, sincere, wholehearted, keen, earnest, enthusiastic, zealous, passionate, ardent, fervent, intense, vehement, active, sworn, pledged; More


The point you miss Eddie is that an athiest is never going to think its a possibility, hence the redundecy of using the word devout.
Athiests question, not cover their ears, there is a huge difference

Some Atheist don't question they just shout "no no no no no" and transferred their blind faith from the men in robes to men in lab coats
If they question they they would proved possible explanation for the unknown and you fail to do that Rolling Eyes

You are an example of a devout fundamentalist atheist. weather you care to admit it is irrelevant. you are claiming a finite answer we do not posses and just say no when people are talking an and area specifically undefined by science and use the little information available in the area provided by science You are in every way exactly the same mentality as the most fundamentalist religious person.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:24 am

korban dallas wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:@KD
possible but no evidence for it and they have been studied Wink  Plus the difference is more dramatic than bees plus ants are much older (Bees don't exist until flowers, ants are pre-dinosaur)

And even the Bees production of royal Jelly really raises more questions than it answers. Although it could be explained through hormones..
well apparently it has been studied the level of care and nourishment the larvae receive will determine their eventual adult form. When resources are low, all larvae will develop into female worker ants however, if the parent of a sexually reproducing colony has a plentiful supply of food, some of the larvae will receive better nourishment than others, and develop into winged, sexually mature female ants destined to leave the colony.

And using the word living is an description of the living sun as an anthropomorphizing or ascribeing human form or attributes to a material object

the living wage is an more simple example of that

that doesn't explain the others (solider, honey pots, woodcutters etc) all it shows is that when they have enough resource to attempt expansion they produce 'vehicles' for expansion. No different than humans we don't send out colonists unless the original colony has high population and excess resources.

humans are just an animal, anthropomorphizing is actually reversed there is no evidence that homo sapiens is special any base trait is theoretically transferable. The Anti anthropomorphizing perspective is a product of Abrahamism that says only humans have souls and are special.

the assumption of consciousness being important is an assumption that humans are higher, and we are a short lived violent hairless ape that can only survive on one rock as long as it stays the right distance from the sun and nothing major hits it. ANY Claim that we are higher or special or some 'control sample' by which we can measure is ridiculous as it can only be applied to such as small segment of the universe as to be an anomaly.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:06 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

That is not evidence it is a living being.
By living being we mean concious being, which you need to prove that it is.
So the above was nothing but gobbledygook and if you made that claim to any scientist they would laugh their heads off at you.
In fact why not present your claim, and when you get ridiculed, please share their comments on here, so we can all laugh at you as well


Laughing

So a virus is conscious mold bacteria all conscious, let alone trees and planets grass etc... well someone is now make great spiritual claims, i happen to agree but it is not proven Rolling Eyes

All are living none are defined as conscious so your requirement of consciousness is NOT a requirement for life  


There is a very good argument from scientists that plants are living and concious and I am very open to this/

Lets just for one second take your view on the sun being a living entity
For a start it is mortal and not exactly a good friend to life on earth. Yes we certainly need its power in order to sruvive and live but this is only possible with the earths defenses. If we took this to be a God, it would not be a God that is friendly to the earth but one where the earth has developed the tools in order for life to exist using the power of the Sun. So it is the earth that has brought about the ability to sustain life. The earths defenses are able to diminish the power of the sun, otherwise life would not be able to exist and in fact the defenses only work to a certain degree. The sun may sustain life, but it would be if seen as a being incredible hostile to the exsistance of life

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:40 am

So you suggest the dance of sun/sky father and earth mother, it is as old as humankind and quite a logical summary that science supports. (or doesn't disprove)
you are correct without the earth's atmosphere we (humans) would die (and Jupiter and the moon and basically every other planet in our solar system in its place) BUT earths atmosphere is the product of Ancient green algae, the second life form, the one that breathed oxygen into the atmosphere. And that algae sustained itself from the sun's radiation without our atmosphere. So while the sun is too strong for us it is not too strong for life. Really sentient creatures are a novelty if plants or algae survive there is life And they are so much more able than sentient creatures, all of which are very fragile and have a very very limited space in the universe that they can survive in. we have found no planet that could sustain us but we have found some that could sustain plants, in part because humans cannot sustain themselves without plants to eat (or feed the animals we eat)



Tengrism
Khukh and Tengri literally mean "blue" and "sky" in Mongolian and modern Mongolians still pray to "Munkh Khukh Tengri" ("Eternal Blue Sky").

Māori mythology
Ranginui and Papatuanuku are the primordial parents, the sky father and the earth mother who lie locked together in a tight embrace.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:48 am

Mercury and Venus are closer to the sun yet hostile to life Smile

And and eternal blue sky would mean death, come on Smile You and I and they live too close to desert not to know this ...




_________________
"Why do we even have pain? I was taught pain is to let us know when our body is breaking down. Well, why couldn’t we have a light? Like a dashboard light? If Chevrolet could come up with that, why couldn’t God? "

- George R.R. Martin
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22689
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Mercury and Venus are closer to the sun yet hostile to life Smile

And and eternal blue sky would mean death, come on Smile You and I and they live too close to desert not to know this ...




'eternal blue sky' is just the literal translation of the Mongolian god's name often he is just referred to as 'Tengri' it is an ancient god that dates back to the stone age, probably spread with the first domesticated horses across central Asia.



Regarding Venus and Mercury
true but so was earth until the algae made the atmosphere that caused the Archean age to begin

http://universe-review.ca/F11-monocell.htm#oxygen

The Materials - The raw materials in the atmosphere of early Earth consisted mainly of nitrogen and traces of other molecules as shown in Figure 11-02a. The oxygen concentration started to rise only at about 3.5 billion years ago with the proliferation of life. The composition is markedly different from those exist in the atmosphere of the outer planets (see Table 07-01) and in the inter-stellar molecular clouds where hydrogen is the dominant constituent. Figure 11-02b shows the progression from inorganic



and there is still the fact that the temp has to be right for liquid water to exist to support 'life as we know it' Wink

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:12 am

I see Veya missed my point as usual

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:15 am

Cuchulain wrote:I see Veya missed my point as usual
well if your point wasn't that we need the atmosphere and other celestial bodies YES I DID
So please explain it.

But your point better not be 'friendly god' Suspect Suspect Suspect A personal god that gives a shit is a preposterous idea when presented with the sheer size of the universe Cool

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:17 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:I see Veya missed my point as usual
well if your point wasn't that we need the atmosphere and other celestial bodies YES I DID
So please explain it.

But your point better not be 'friendly god' Suspect Suspect Suspect A personal god that gives a shit is a preposterous idea when presented with the sheer size of the universe Cool


Nope, no point explaining, as I doubt you would understand

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:26 am

go on try Neutral
I want to know what you point was that i missed

because I honestly cannot see any other point in your post. maybe it is something in the wording

remember


which is why trying to explain things to you is so frustrating

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:30 am

If you did not get my point the first time when it was simple, I am not wasting my time even more so when you act a cretin.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:39 am

I am not acting like a cretin you just read it that way cause you take it all too serious Smile

you are far ruder to others than i am to you and you expect people to explain everything to you Suspect

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:41 am

No you act the fool and are a complete carboard cutout, its like debating the God squad and like a broken pencil.
Pointless

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:02 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
well apparently it has been studied the level of care and nourishment the larvae receive will determine their eventual adult form. When resources are low, all larvae will develop into female worker ants however, if the parent of a sexually reproducing colony has a plentiful supply of food, some of the larvae will receive better nourishment than others, and develop into winged, sexually mature female ants destined to leave the colony.

And using the word living is an description of the living sun as an anthropomorphizing or ascribeing human form or attributes to a material object

the living wage is an more simple example of that

that doesn't explain the others (solider, honey pots, woodcutters etc) all it shows is that when they have enough resource to attempt expansion they produce 'vehicles' for expansion. No different than humans we don't send out colonists unless the original colony has high population and excess resources.

Er...yes it does ....it even says it ,it does`t mention expansion but even with the implication it does it still works

"Ant queen"
right boys and girl one has decided that wee need to expand over there so in this next batch of babys we are need 700 soldiers 700 500 woodcutters feed the lave the appropriate nutrients to match requirement





how many solider, honey pots, woodcutters
humans are just an animal, anthropomorphizing is actually reversed there is no evidence that homo sapiens is special any base trait is theoretically transferable. The Anti anthropomorphizing perspective is a product of Abrahamism that says only humans have souls and are special.


i am sure that makes sense to you but sorry you lost me

reverse anthropomorphizing is assigning the material property of an inanimate object "thick as a brick" "granite faced" "cold as ice"


the assumption of consciousness being important is an assumption that humans are higher, and we are a short lived violent hairless ape that can only survive on one rock as long as it stays the right distance from the sun and nothing major hits it. ANY Claim that we are higher or special or some 'control sample' by which we can measure is ridiculous as it can only be applied to such as small segment of the universe as to be an anomaly.
higher ......that what ? we are the top of the food and technology tree .

And i haven't said that we are special compared to the universe i have know way to know that .But as far as earth is concerned we are pretty special at the moment


do i think "humanoids or indeed life in all its varied forms an anomaly only to be found hear at this time ,No i think its a universe teaming with life

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Cuchulain wrote:No you act the fool and are a complete carboard cutout, its like debating the God squad and like a broken pencil.
Pointless

you mean you didn't have a point except the dumb one you make all the time that something is not friendly like that means something

Stop talking, let KD debate he is doing a much better job. Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:59 pm

korban dallas wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
well apparently it has been studied the level of care and nourishment the larvae receive will determine their eventual adult form. When resources are low, all larvae will develop into female worker ants however, if the parent of a sexually reproducing colony has a plentiful supply of food, some of the larvae will receive better nourishment than others, and develop into winged, sexually mature female ants destined to leave the colony.

And using the word living is an description of the living sun as an anthropomorphizing or ascribeing human form or attributes to a material object

the living wage is an more simple example of that

that doesn't explain the others (solider, honey pots, woodcutters etc) all it shows is that when they have enough resource to attempt expansion they produce 'vehicles' for expansion. No different than humans we don't send out colonists unless the original colony has high population and excess resources.

Er...yes it does ....it even says it ,it does`t mention expansion but even with the implication it does it still works

"Ant queen"
right boys and girl one has decided that wee need to expand over there so in this next batch of babys we are need 700  soldiers 700 500 woodcutters feed the lave the appropriate nutrients to match requirement


what link?
and that still doesn't answer the question of HOW that gene to make that head etc came into existence, even with hormones. the variation is huge and only one set of genetic information is being passed on, So by survival of the fittest or Darwinian evolution Only the queen and males shoudl exist since ONLY she is successful passign on her gene out of the females.

even royal jelly
how does a species evolve to NEED something most don't have to reproduce? how could they reproduce before royal jelly? it becomes an EVEN more infinite chicken and egg scenario. the bee cant reproduce without royal jelly, royal jelly is only made by bees, how can you adapt as individuals to that point?

So there you area at point of needing 'tribal' evolution (one of the modern evolution theories, because Darwinian evolution is incomplete) in an animal as physically simple as an Ant. So you are showing that anthropomorphizing is correct because something as simple as ants is still every bit as complex as us.




how many solider, honey pots, woodcutters
humans are just an animal, anthropomorphizing is actually reversed there is no evidence that homo sapiens is special any base trait is theoretically transferable. The Anti anthropomorphizing perspective is a product of Abrahamism that says only humans have souls and are special.


i am sure that makes sense to you but sorry you lost me  

reverse anthropomorphizing is assigning the material property of an inanimate object "thick as a brick" "granite faced" "cold as ice"


the assumption of consciousness being important is an assumption that humans are higher, and we are a short lived violent hairless ape that can only survive on one rock as long as it stays the right distance from the sun and nothing major hits it. ANY Claim that we are higher or special or some 'control sample' by which we can measure is ridiculous as it can only be applied to such as small segment of the universe as to be an anomaly.
higher ......that what ? we are the top of the food and technology tree . On this planet we assume, we are still not as capable as many bacteria, they can survive in conditions we cannot even with our best technology, they can kill us despite the microscopic size. trees can live hundreds of times our lifetimes with out their DNA degrading we cannot even go a decade. we are smart but we are fragile like all sentient beings... this is highlighted when we try to get off this rock

And i haven't said that we are special compared to the universe i have know way to know that .But as far as earth is concerned we are pretty special at the moment  
and earth is very small, so tiny is pathetic compared to the sun let alone the rest of everything else, we are a big fish in a small pond but nothing in the ocean.... and you imply it by the exception that the divine in the universe is for humans, this is Atheist other failing they still act like Humans are special when all biology points to the fact we are not. If you reject the bible and embrace science why would you expect something specifically for humans?

Stars are more common than all the life forms on our planet put together, doesn't it make sense that the universe would exist for them more so than us


do i think "humanoids or indeed life in all its varied forms an anomaly only to be found hear at this time ,No  i think its a universe teaming with life
But what proportion will be sentient and what will be plant and what could be 'other', sentient life i think is the anomaly something very rare because it is inefficient and unlike to survive the early stages of it's evolution

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:32 am


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:33 am


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15629
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:02 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:No you act the fool and are a complete carboard cutout, its like debating the God squad and like a broken pencil.
Pointless

you mean you didn't have a point except the dumb one you make all the time that something is not friendly like that means something

Stop talking, let KD debate he is doing a much better job. Rolling Eyes

I am happy to allow Korben to tear your poor arguments apart, in fact its enjoyable to watch, as mainly you have the most absurd views of atheists.

The facts are this, you have no proof for your beliefs and zero evidence.

What is even more absurd is why you would even want to believe they are Gods, as it has no purpose to do so.

So enjoy, like I say its pointless debating on you on many things you are like the God squad, completely wierd.

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Eilzel on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:05 pm

eddie wrote:I think, for what it's worth, that devout religious people who believe in written words by "anon" (because let's face it, they don't know the writers of these great books) and devout atheists are very similar.

They both cover their ears and eyes and say "La la la, I am right!"

Nobody knows for sure so to make a claim that you do, is just bloody stupid.

We don't know for sure if there are magical flying teapots either- I guess if you say you do know there aren't any then you're just being stupid?

You cannot be a devout atheist in the same sense as a devout Christian or Muslim etc

You cannot devoutly disbelieve in something (well you can I guess, but almost no one does)- I presume you definitely don't believe in fairies- but you aren't a devout a-fariy-ist.

Religious people, particularly of mainstream religions, are described as devout because they accept as true what is supernatural, a-historical, physically impossible and so on. They also accept a mass of life governing rules and often believe it is righteous to dictate those rules to people who don't share their beliefs. And worst of all, a dangerous minority will persecute and/or kill for their beliefs.

Their is NO equivalent to all that in atheism. Atheism is simply a belief that there are no gods based on an absence of evidence of one. I have never met an atheist who wont debate the subject (which in itself is a demonstration of being open to inquiry)- whereas millions of devout religious people will NOT acknowledge or accept any questioning of their beliefs.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5577
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum