Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:09 am


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:49 am

Cuchulain wrote:Yet more feeble excuses to allow the use of a word that mocks handicapped people.
It beggars belief the lengh idioits will go to in trying to defend their disgusting use of words.

I need not say anymore, not only is Veya gutless but cannot admit when something he states is wrong and how offensive it is.
What a gutless pathetic coward who insults every Aussie claiming they firnd the use of the word acceptable.

I have always supported the free use of words I don't think people should be offended by them
I would be a hypocrite like you to cherry pick which i think are OK and which are not.

Anyway this thread was about the arrogance of atheists Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes not disabled people that Brits Disgustingly call retards


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15484
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:15 am

Cuchulain wrote:The R-word is the word 'retard(ed)'. Why does it hurt? The R-word hurts because it is exclusive. It's offensive. It's derogatory.
Our campaign asks people to pledge to stop saying the R-word as a starting point toward creating more accepting attitudes and communities for all people.  Language affects attitudes and attitudes affect actions.  Pledge today to use respectful, people-first language.





http://www.r-word.org/

Like I say, some people are gutless and have no humility or respect who think its acceptable to use such a derogative word.

Still unable to show any humility and decency.
This is not about free speech but people being resposnible themselves and admitting what they have said is wrong.
Some it seems are gutless and could not care less it seems at the offense they cause

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:17 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Yet more feeble excuses to allow the use of a word that mocks handicapped people.
It beggars belief the lengh idioits will go to in trying to defend their disgusting use of words.

I need not say anymore, not only is Veya gutless but cannot admit when something he states is wrong and how offensive it is.
What a gutless pathetic coward who insults every Aussie claiming they firnd the use of the word acceptable.

I have always supported the free use of words I don't think people should be offended by them
I would be a hypocrite like you to cherry pick which i think are OK and which are not.

Anyway this thread was about the arrogance of atheists  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  not disabled people that Brits Disgustingly call retards

Brits don``t generally call disabled people call retards veya ,i don`t know where you get that idea from ?

it has the same connotations that the word n---er does in America.it was only a few months ago HF used that term and they was a backlash from many on both "sides"
maybe the same as calling you a Shackle Dragger or Convict or gubba

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:30 am

@KD
umm no but didge thinks that a handicapped person is a retard or that retard means handicapped, by inference.
Retard means dumbass to an Aussie
it hasn't had any connotation of disability since the 80's.
the fact that it still does in Britain Speaks to How little you have progressed on these issues.


and you can call us convicts, Shackle Dragger, sheep shaggers etc
like gay or paki etc in Australian they are acceptable, It is almost impossible to insult an Aussie except to call them "UnAustralian" or suggest they are the same as Brits or Americans (we accept comparisons to New Zealand and Canada)

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15484
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:35 am

And I have told Ben the same thing regarding the n---er
Maybe in your language but I speak Australian pirat


if the system doesn't censor it, then it is ok Rolling Eyes So Ben fixed the censoring on n---er Razz

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15484
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:38 am

veya_victaous wrote:@KD
umm no but didge thinks that a handicapped person is a retard or that retard means handicapped, by inference.
Retard means dumbass to an Aussie
it hasn't had any connotation of disability since the 80's.
the fact that it still does in Britain Speaks to How little you have progressed on these issues.


and you can call us convicts, Shackle Dragger, sheep shaggers etc
like gay or paki etc in Australian they are acceptable, It is almost impossible to insult an Aussie except to call them "UnAustralian" or suggest they are the same as Brits or Americans (we accept comparisons to New Zealand and Canada)  
sorry dude but i can tell you as a father of a disabled person and someone who sees lots of disabled people your wrong it still has that connotation especially and mainly  towards mentally disabled rather than physical disability's and still widely considered degrading


Last edited by korban dallas on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:38 am

veya_victaous wrote:@KD
umm no but didge thinks that a handicapped person is a retard or that retard means handicapped, by inference.
Retard means dumbass to an Aussie
it hasn't had any connotation of disability since the 80's.
the fact that it still does in Britain Speaks to How little you have progressed on these issues.


and you can call us convicts, Shackle Dragger, sheep shaggers etc
like gay or paki etc in Australian they are acceptable, It is almost impossible to insult an Aussie except to call them "UnAustralian" or suggest they are the same as Brits or Americans (we accept comparisons to New Zealand and Canada)  

Proving again that Veya still cannot see how the word is offensive.
No decency or humility and shows that he cannot even apologise for using such an offensive word and how this effects those who have or had a family member who was disabled. To claim it means dumbass in Australias proves that the person who thinks this is a complete dumbass.


Why the fuck has some of my posts been deleted?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am

Why Pledge


The R-word is the word 'retard(ed)'. Why does it hurt? The R-word hurts because it is exclusive. It's offensive. It's derogatory.
Our campaign asks people to pledge to stop saying the R-word as a starting point toward creating more accepting attitudes and communities for all people.  Language affects attitudes and attitudes affect actions.  Pledge today to use respectful, people-first language.




The effects of the R-word on people with ID and their families and friends

"Everyone has a gift and the world would be better off if we recognized it." - Timothy Shriver, Chairman of Special Olympics.  The R-word is hate speech. See why supporters think the R-Word is hurt...Open ▼"Everyone has a gift and the world would be better off if we recognized it."

Timothy Shriver, Chairman of Special Olympics.  


The R-word is hate speech
. See why supporters think the R-Word is hurtful when used in jokes or as part of everyday speech. 
RELATED WEBSITE:

How "retardation" went from a clinical description to a word of derision

When they were originally introduced, the terms “mental retardation” or “mentally retarded” were medical terms with a specifically clinical connotation; however, the pejorative forms, “retard” and “re...Open ▼When they were originally introduced, the terms “mental retardation” or “mentally retarded” were medical terms with a specifically clinical connotation; however, the pejorative forms, “retard” and “retarded” have been used widely in today’s society to degrade and insult people with intellectual disabilities. Additionally, when “retard” and “retarded” are used as synonyms for “dumb” or “stupid” by people without disabilities, it only reinforces painful stereotypes of people with intellectual disabilities being less valued members of humanity. 
Close ▲


Why "intellectual disability" is replacing "mental retardation"

The R-word, "retard," is slang for the term mental retardation. Mental retardation was what doctors, psychologists, and other professionals used to describe people with significant intellectual imp...Open ▼The R-word, "retard," is slang for the term mental retardation. Mental retardation was what doctors, psychologists, and other professionals used to describe people with significant intellectual impairment. Today the r-word has become a common word used by society as an insult for someone or something stupid. For example, you might hear someone say, "That is so retarded" or "Don't be such a retard." When used in this way, the r-word can apply to anyone or anything, and is not specific to someone with a disability. But, even when the r-word is not said to harm someone with a disability, it is hurtful.Because of this, Special Olympics, Best Buddies and the greater disability community prefers to focus on people and their gifts and accomplishments, and to dispel negative attitudes and stereotypes. As language has evolved, Special Olympics and Best Buddies have updated their official terminology to use standard, people-first language that is more acceptable to constituents.

Rosa’s Law and Legislature Challenges

On October 5, 2010, U.S. President Barack Obama officially signed bill S. 2781 into federal law. Rosa’s Law, which takes its name and inspiration for 9-year-old Rosa Marcellino, removes the terms “men...Open ▼


http://www.r-word.org/r-word-why-pledge.aspx

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:46 am

@Didge
Cause you are posting crap start a new thread if want to make a point. instead of lazy copy pastes.


@KD
yeah in the UK is sure does seem that way...
BUT I'm not from the UK, here no one has refereed to a disabled person as a retard for decades.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15484
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:48 am

why intellectual disability "is"???
WTF is wrong with the UK
why didn't you finish replacing it back in the 80's ?
this is some thing largely completed by the time i was in primary school



_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15484
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:50 am

Back to topic, no need to discuss how offensively backward the UK is

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15484
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:59 am

So abusing the powers of an admin, when this debate has now gone onto the fact you cannot admit that using such a word is offensive and this will continue to this sinks into that pea brain of yours.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:01 am

Its not just the UK, but the US as well.
Which just shows you do not have an ouce of decency in you Veya

That makes you scum

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:19 am

veya_victaous wrote:@Didge
Cause you are posting crap start a new thread if want to make a point. instead of lazy copy pastes.


@KD
yeah in the UK is sure does seem that way...
BUT I'm not from the UK, here no one has refereed to a disabled person as a retard for decades.
I do live in the UK veya and your wrong ,thats even evedenced on this forum when HF used the word ,and i can say i have heard it used at least once in the past 3 months
yes it is a certain type of person that uses the term in a derogatory fashion that is true and they are in the minority also true
but once again the comparison to the American use of the word n---er is the same not all ways said in public but you can`t claim its not used on a daily basis by some or in like minded peer groups

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:44 am

veya_victaous wrote:why intellectual disability "is"???
wiki

The word retard was widely accepted to  refer to people with mental disabilities .and as a disparaging term for a person who is mentally disabled and is used as an insult. The word has gained notoriety for causing a growing number of mentally disabled people to feel unfairly stereotyped


WTF is wrong with the UK

i have a list  Laughing
why didn't you finish replacing it back in the 80's ?
finish replacing it ?
its not a bulb dude you just can`t go "ok change the bulb we don`t`t use incandescent ones any more"
language takes time to disappear
if i said all Australians are alabandical alogotrophy and mostly cacatory
you would need to look it up on the internet as i just did because language is like that its a living thing that takes time to fade


this is some thing largely completed by the time i was in primary school


? most of them you probberly learnt in primary school as well and its "never completed" its not a course, its context it is used in

for example i advance and retard your Carburetor
but i would not greet your mom with "hi you retard" would i

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:55 am

Well this is very interesting. It's interesting that Didge finds the word "retarded" very offensive, and yet he doesn't mind sitting there implying that people with religious faith are stupid and that atheists or not.

Does it not depend on your perception? Both Didge and Korban find the word offensive, and I think that's because of their personal experience. I think it also depends on who's using it. Someone on here used the word a few times not long back. I'm fairly sure it was Victor, but if it was not, I apologise. Whoever used it, not an eyelid was batted. I assumed that it was fine to use that word on here, and I actually used it myself once.

Veya, I would say that in the UK some people use the word to literally describe people who are mentally disabled, some use it to insult such people, and others use it to merely mean that someone is stupid, so it's not really set in stone.

Is it not like the phrase "white trash"? I was told by Americans on here that's it's not offensive or racist. In the UK I don't think people generally are offended by it, but they do think it has racist connotations, which is why it's weird when a person who claims to be anti-racism uses the phrase themselves.

Didge, if the word, "retarded", offends you because of your personal situation, then please think about the insults you use against religious people - that is also personal to them.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:57 am

Rags, when I say something wrong I apologise for doing so.
That is the difference.
As to religions they are myths and to say I cannot take the piss out of myths is absurd.
Disabled people are real people and to use such a word I find disgusting, plain and simple.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:01 am

Cuchulain wrote:Rags, when I say something wrong I apologise for doing so.
That is the difference.
As to religions they are myths and to say I cannot take the piss out of myths is absurd.
Disabled people are real people and to use such a word I find disgusting, plain and simple.

Only if you decide that what you said is wrong. You don't actually care if it offended anyone or not. Will you apologise for implying that those with religious faith are stupid? I doubt it because you don't think you're saying anything wrong. Veya won't apologise because he doesn't think he said anything wrong either.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:04 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Well this is very interesting. It's interesting that Didge finds the word "retarded" very offensive, and yet he doesn't mind sitting there implying that people with religious faith are stupid and that atheists or not.

Does it not depend on your perception? Both Didge and Korban find the word offensive, and I think that's because of their personal experience. I think it also depends on who's using it. Someone on here used the word a few times not long back. I'm fairly sure it was Victor, but if it was not, I apologise. Whoever used it, not an eyelid was batted. I assumed that it was fine to use that word on here, and I actually used it myself once.

Veya, I would say that in the UK some people use the word to literally describe people who are mentally disabled, some use it to insult such people, and others use it to merely mean that someone is stupid, so it's not really set in stone.

Is it not like the phrase "white trash"? I was told by Americans on here that's it's not offensive or racist. In the UK I don't think people generally are offended by it, but they do think it has racist connotations, which is why it's weird when a person who claims to be anti-racism uses the phrase themselves.

Didge, if the word, "retarded", offends you because of your personal situation, then please think about the insults you use against religious people - that is also personal to them.
It has nothing to do with my "personal"situation i had the same view before it
And d it doesn`t apply to my personal situation in any way so your premise is faulty

and on this thread yes me and didge find the word offensive but i assure you that most everybody else does as well as was evidenced when HF used it
Are you saying that you don`t find it offensive when describing a mentally disabled person would you call a mentally disabled person a retard to there face or to one of there family ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:04 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Rags, when I say something wrong I apologise for doing so.
That is the difference.
As to religions they are myths and to say I cannot take the piss out of myths is absurd.
Disabled people are real people and to use such a word I find disgusting, plain and simple.

Only if you decide that what you said is wrong. You don't actually care if it offended anyone or not. Will you apologise for implying that those with religious faith are stupid? I doubt it because you don't think you're saying anything wrong. Veya won't apologise because he doesn't think he said anything wrong either.

Again religions are ideologies and if you follow bad ideas with that, then there is every justification to be critical of that.
I have never claimed anyone religious is stupid and you are thus inventing crap now.
Look marital rape is acceptable in all 3 Abrahamic faiths, that to me is disgusting and appalling. Anyone who backs that view to me is disgusting also.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:05 am

You see Didge, every time you say or imply that those with religious faith are stupid, you're saying that I'm stupid. I don't think I am, and I do have an interest in science. Not high-level physics maybe, but I like medical science, for example, and I'm very interested in that.

It's not without its errors though is it? A lot of people seem to take it for granted that what medical scientists say is accurate, but they make mistakes sometimes, or they find out later that their analyses are not accurate.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:07 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Only if you decide that what you said is wrong. You don't actually care if it offended anyone or not. Will you apologise for implying that those with religious faith are stupid? I doubt it because you don't think you're saying anything wrong. Veya won't apologise because he doesn't think he said anything wrong either.

Again religions are ideologies and if you follow bad ideas with that, then there is every justification to be critical of that.
I have never claimed anyone religious is stupid and you are thus inventing crap now.
Look marital rape is acceptable in all 3 Abrahamic faiths, that to me is disgusting and appalling. Anyone who backs that view to me is disgusting also.

You said that smart people are athiest, so the implication is that religious people are not smart.

Oh, and if you want to be pedantic about certain words, you called Veya a "loon". Are you not insulting people with mental health issues when you use that word?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:09 am

Raggamuffin wrote:You see Didge, every time you say or imply that those with religious faith are stupid, you're saying that I'm stupid. I don't think I am, and I do have an interest in science. Not high-level physics maybe, but I like medical science, for example, and I'm very interested in that.

It's not without its errors though is it? A lot of people seem to take it for granted that what medical scientists say is accurate, but they make mistakes sometimes, or they find out later that their analyses are not accurate.

Again  never claimed religious people are stupid, that is your invention, but within religions are some very bad ideas and because of belief it allows people to not even challenge these bad ideas.

Are you saying I shoudl respect a religious person who believes marital rape is acceptable?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks women should be subservant to them?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks homosexuals are an abomination?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:13 am

Cuchulain wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:didge has a self portrait Razz Razz Razz Razz
I'm not the one on here up to 16 hours a day Wink
Unless he is on a treadmill there is no way he can do enough exercise to be a healthy weight....

funny that he can give it but not take it hey Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Closet Worshiper if ever i saw one

This poster is on ignore for the sake of the sanity of the members of this forum.
Do not feed on entertain such a loon who cannot even count time it seems claiming a person is on 16 hours when it is 3.
Please do not feed the troll, its a disgusting variant who mocks people born with conditions.

So you want everyone on this forum to ignore the "loon", Veya. Korban replied to him not long after you did that post. Did you tell him off? Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:13 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Again religions are ideologies and if you follow bad ideas with that, then there is every justification to be critical of that.
I have never claimed anyone religious is stupid and you are thus inventing crap now.
Look marital rape is acceptable in all 3 Abrahamic faiths, that to me is disgusting and appalling. Anyone who backs that view to me is disgusting also.

You said that smart people are athiest, so the implication is that religious people are not smart.

Oh, and if you want to be pedantic about certain words, you called Veya a "loon". Are you not insulting people with mental health issues when you use that word?

WTF again you are making the most pathetic case.
Yes it could be seen as wrong to use the word loon, I can accept that, but you are just jumping in here for the sake of arguing because you live and breath for arguing. Most atheists I know are smart and if clever people who are religious back bad ideas in a religion, then that to me is ignorance.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:14 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

This poster is on ignore for the sake of the sanity of the members of this forum.
Do not feed on entertain such a loon who cannot even count time it seems claiming a person is on 16 hours when it is 3.
Please do not feed the troll, its a disgusting variant who mocks people born with conditions.

So you want everyone on this forum to ignore the "loon", Veya. Korban replied to him not long after you did that post. Did you tell him off? Laughing

Wrong.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:14 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:You see Didge, every time you say or imply that those with religious faith are stupid, you're saying that I'm stupid. I don't think I am, and I do have an interest in science. Not high-level physics maybe, but I like medical science, for example, and I'm very interested in that.

It's not without its errors though is it? A lot of people seem to take it for granted that what medical scientists say is accurate, but they make mistakes sometimes, or they find out later that their analyses are not accurate.

Again  never claimed religious people are stupid, that is your invention, but within religions are some very bad ideas and because of belief it allows people to not even challenge these bad ideas.

Are you saying I shoudl respect a religious person who believes marital rape is acceptable?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks women should be subservant to them?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks homosexuals are an abomination?

So if it's athiests who are smart, what does that make religious people Didge? I'm fairly sure I've seen several posts from several people implying or saying that religious people are not as intelligent as athiests.

I'm not talking about "respect" now, so please stop deflecting.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:15 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Again  never claimed religious people are stupid, that is your invention, but within religions are some very bad ideas and because of belief it allows people to not even challenge these bad ideas.

Are you saying I shoudl respect a religious person who believes marital rape is acceptable?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks women should be subservant to them?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks homosexuals are an abomination?

So if it's athiests who are smart, what does that make religious people Didge? I'm fairly sure I've seen several posts from several people implying or saying that religious people are not as intelligent as athiests.

I'm not talking about "respect" now, so please stop deflecting.


Are you saying I should respect a religious person who believes marital rape is acceptable?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks women should be subservant to them?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks homosexuals are an abomination?


Answer the questions

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:16 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So you want everyone on this forum to ignore the "loon", Veya. Korban replied to him not long after you did that post. Did you tell him off? Laughing

Wrong.

Which bit of it was wrong? Who were you talking to when you said "do not feed the troll" then? Korban replied to Veya 18 minutes later, did he not?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:17 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So if it's athiests who are smart, what does that make religious people Didge? I'm fairly sure I've seen several posts from several people implying or saying that religious people are not as intelligent as athiests.

I'm not talking about "respect" now, so please stop deflecting.


Are you saying I should respect a religious person who believes marital rape is acceptable?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks women should be subservant to them?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks homosexuals are an abomination?


Answer the questions

No, because you have now changed the subject and you're talking about "respect" instead.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:18 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Wrong.

Which bit of it was wrong? Who were you talking to when you said "do not feed the troll" then? Korban replied to Veya 18 minutes later, did he not?

Again wrong

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:18 am


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:18 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


Are you saying I should respect a religious person who believes marital rape is acceptable?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks women should be subservant to them?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks homosexuals are an abomination?


Answer the questions

No, because you have now changed the subject and you're talking about "respect" instead.

Are you saying I should respect a religious person who believes marital rape is acceptable?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks women should be subservant to them?
Should I respect a religious person who thinks homosexuals are an abomination?


Answer the questions

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:19 am

You are just one religious wackadoodle when it boils down to it

Oh dear. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:20 am

korban dallas wrote:religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists-according-to-analysis-of-scores-of-scientific-studies-stretching-back-over-decades-8758046.html

Science/Tech
Proved: Atheists More Intelligent Than Religious People

http://www.medicaldaily.com/proved-atheists-more-intelligent-religious-people-250727

Why Are Religious People (Generally) Less Intelligent?
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mr-personality/201312/why-are-religious-people-generally-less-intelligent


Now if you can find a opposing premise i would be interested to read it

Well at least you're not deflecting and denying like Didge is.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:20 am

So Korban, are you actually saying that I'm less intelligent than you? Can you back that up?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:21 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
You are just one religious wackadoodle when it boils down to it

Oh dear. Laughing

Very well put if I must say so.

Is a religious person who thinks women should be subservant to them, a wackadoodle?
Isa religious person who thinks homosexuals are an abomination, a wackadoodle?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:22 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists-according-to-analysis-of-scores-of-scientific-studies-stretching-back-over-decades-8758046.html

Science/Tech
Proved: Atheists More Intelligent Than Religious People

http://www.medicaldaily.com/proved-atheists-more-intelligent-religious-people-250727

Why Are Religious People (Generally) Less Intelligent?
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mr-personality/201312/why-are-religious-people-generally-less-intelligent


Now if you can find a opposing premise i would be interested to read it

Well at least you're not deflecting and denying like Didge is.

Show me anywhere that I have stated religious people are all stupid?

If not I expect your apology or that you crawl away embarressed.

In your own time

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:23 am

Raggamuffin wrote:So Korban, are you actually saying that I'm less intelligent than you? Can you back that up?

i think if you check
all i asked for was an opposing premise to the widely published opinion of research done over decades i even provided the links

please try and stop making it about you personally raggs

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:25 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So Korban, are you actually saying that I'm less intelligent than you? Can you back that up?

i think if you check
all i asked for was an opposing premise to the widely published opinion of research done over decades i even provided the links

please try and stop making it about you personally raggs  

She is as per usual looking for a fight.
Its pathetic.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:27 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well at least you're not deflecting and denying like Didge is.

Show me anywhere that I have stated religious people are all stupid?

If not I expect your apology or that you crawl away embarressed.

In your own time

Smart people are athiest because they can reason, religious people have no free will

It's also interesting that you say religious people have no free will. That kind of goes against this claim that religious belief is a "choice", doesn't it.


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Show me anywhere that I have stated religious people are all stupid?

If not I expect your apology or that you crawl away embarressed.

In your own time

Smart people are athiest because they can reason, religious people have no free will

It's also interesting that you say religious people have no free will. That kind of goes against this claim that religious belief is a "choice", doesn't it.


Epic fail

Try again, Show me anywhere that I have stated religious people are all stupid?

If not I expect your apology or that you crawl away embarressed.

In your own time

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:28 am

Cuchulain wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

i think if you check
all i asked for was an opposing premise to the widely published opinion of research done over decades i even provided the links

please try and stop making it about you personally raggs  

She is as per usual looking for a fight.
Its pathetic.

You sat here in the early hours looking for a fight with Veya. Do you actually think before you post Didge? Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:29 am

Religious people have no free will as they lead by fear to beleieve.
Without fear they would have no need to believe.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:30 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

She is as per usual looking for a fight.
Its pathetic.

You sat here in the early hours looking for a fight with Veya. Do you actually think before you post Didge? Laughing

It was not a fight but outrage and something said.
You are though trying to pick a fight.
Its very pathetic

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:31 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So Korban, are you actually saying that I'm less intelligent than you? Can you back that up?

i think if you check
all i asked for was an opposing premise to the widely published opinion of research done over decades i even provided the links

please try and stop making it about you personally raggs  

Why? You took Veya's use of the word "retarded" personally.

If you want to make an argument, use your own words and your own brain instead of using the words of others - that's not very intelligent.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:31 am

Cuchulain wrote:Religious people have no free will as they lead by fear to beleieve.
Without fear they would have no need to believe.

Generalising in that manner is not very intelligent Didge.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:32 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

i think if you check
all i asked for was an opposing premise to the widely published opinion of research done over decades i even provided the links

please try and stop making it about you personally raggs  

Why? You took Veya's use of the word "retarded" personally.

If you want to make an argument, use your own words and your own brain instead of using the words of others - that's not very intelligent.

Subjective to say the least as we all learn from people.
So by your reasoning everyone is unintelligent

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:33 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Religious people have no free will as they lead by fear to beleieve.
Without fear they would have no need to believe.

Generalising in that manner is not very intelligent Didge.

Its not a genralisation but a fact.
Without fear they would not have need to believe.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Atheists Laugh at Religion

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:34 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Generalising in that manner is not very intelligent Didge.

Its not a genralisation but a fact.
Without fear they would not have need to believe.

Oh, are you able to get into the minds of those with religious faith then Didge? Your alleged mind-reading skills are not a fact - sorry to disappoint you.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum