120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

a large percentage of them have made no posts..... Smile

this place must attract shy people... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Eilzel on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:53 pm

eddie wrote:
nicko wrote:I joined this Forum because I like reading others posts, I will occasionally "put one in"
if I feel strongly about the content of a post, but it's my choice isn't it? any way a good 50% of posts on here are stupid arguments or long c@p's.

I don't read the long c&ps
I like people's opinions.

Fully agree. Anything that can be C&P's can be briefed in a persons own words in no more than a paragraph. I'd much prefer to hear something in someone's exact words than scour through a massive article looking for a small point relevant to whatever discussion we were having.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6946
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

I don't read the long c&ps
I like people's opinions.

Fully agree. Anything that can be C&P's can be briefed in a persons own words in no more than a paragraph. I'd much prefer to hear something in someone's exact words than scour through a massive article looking for a small point relevant to whatever discussion we were having.

The point is it does not matter whether it comes from yourself or supporting evidence.
They still do not read it or take it in.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Eilzel on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:12 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Fully agree. Anything that can be C&P's can be briefed in a persons own words in no more than a paragraph. I'd much prefer to hear something in someone's exact words than scour through a massive article looking for a small point relevant to whatever discussion we were having.

The point is it does not matter whether it comes from yourself or supporting evidence.
They still do not read it or take it in.

They may be true sometimes, but I'd still rather her the posters 'voice' in their views, than see a wall of text and a highlighted section, or not even that. Just me personally, but I can see why some people wouldn't bother to read those.

No excuses with regards to posts though.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6946
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:15 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

The point is it does not matter whether it comes from yourself or supporting evidence.
They still do not read it or take it in.

They may be true sometimes, but I'd still rather her the posters 'voice' in their views, than see a wall of text and a highlighted section, or not even that. Just me personally, but I can see why some people wouldn't bother to read those.

No excuses with regards to posts though.



Oh they get plenty of my views, i just think it is better added with suporting evidence.
Lets face it how many times has a starting article not been read and you know this when someone makes a comment because they have not read something? If people are going to learn things, it will take more than just opinion and a forum is a great place to find interest in topics.
So again I think people are missing an opportunity to learn more.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:27 pm

No matter how much so called supporting evidence is posted, no matter what the subject, you can always find supporting evidence for he opposing view point.

That's why the endless C&P is twaddle because we are all just posting our opinions.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Nems wrote:No matter how much so called supporting evidence is posted, no matter what the subject, you can always find supporting evidence for he opposing view point.

That's why the endless C&P is twaddle because we are all just posting our opinions.

That is why you will never learn much in life Nems, you do not take time to learn and read.
That is the whole point to look up more on a topic, but if you wish to stay ignorant on topics, that is your choice I guess.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:29 pm

If you did an essay at school and just copied a load of stuff someone had written, they'd call it plagiarism. It's fine to back up what your stance is by quoting from the press or whatever, but these walls of text are just lazy really.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32000
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:No matter how much so called supporting evidence is posted, no matter what the subject, you can always find supporting evidence for he opposing view point.

That's why the endless C&P is twaddle because we are all just posting our opinions.

That is why you will never learn much in life Nems, you do not take time to learn and read.
That is the whole point to look up more on a topic, but if you wish to stay ignorant on topics, that is your choice I guess.
I am many things Didge but I am not ignorant.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:32 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

That is why you will never learn much in life Nems, you do not take time to learn and read.
That is the whole point to look up more on a topic, but if you wish to stay ignorant on topics, that is your choice I guess.
I am many things Didge but I am not ignorant.

I never said you were and you bemoan me understanding English.
I highlighted the important part for you to understand.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:32 pm

what you then need to do is asses whether that evidence is credible....

take a certain persons favourite idea of alkalising the body to cure cancer

and ask if ANY evidence FOR that is credible

given that it is an immutable fact that shifting your body ph even a small amount is impossible and that serious attempts to do so WILL without a shadow of doubt kill you

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:
I am many things Didge but I am not ignorant.

I never said you were and you bemoan me understanding English.
I highlighted the important part for you to understand.

What topics?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:35 pm

victorismyhero wrote:what you then need to do is asses whether that evidence is credible....

take a certain persons  favourite idea of alkalising the body to cure cancer

and ask if ANY evidence FOR that is credible

given that it is an immutable fact that shifting your body ph even a small amount is impossible and that serious attempts to do so WILL without a shadow of doubt kill you

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

There's a lot of stuff around about that though - not necessarily to do with cancer. There's loads of opinions about "acidity" causing this or that.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32000
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:36 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

I never said you were and you bemoan me understanding English.
I highlighted the important part for you to understand.

What topics?

History.
Religion
Sociology


I can continue if you like?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:38 pm

depends where the "acidity" is...

you can (to an extent) mucK about with your stomach and gut pH quite easily
same with skin ph


but NOT your blood or tissue pH.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:44 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:

What topics?

History.
Religion
Sociology


I can continue if you like?
Please do...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:45 pm

victorismyhero wrote:depends where the "acidity" is...

you can (to an extent) mucK about with your stomach and gut pH quite easily
same with skin ph


but NOT your blood or tissue pH.

What about acidosis? That affects your blood, and it's not something you want.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32000
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

History.
Religion
Sociology


I can continue if you like?
Please do...


Archeology
Love
Anthropology
People Skills

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:
Please do...


Archeology
Love
Anthropology
People Skills

Finished?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


Archeology
Love
Anthropology
People Skills

Finished?

Do we ever finish learning?
Think about that.

Always happy to help

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:

Finished?

Do we ever finish learning?
Think about that.

Always happy to help

Didge
your posts say far more about you than they do me.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Do we ever finish learning?
Think about that.

Always happy to help

Didge
your posts say far more about you than they do me.

Nems all you know is from following others.
As to me, that has been your problem for too long, wanting to find out the identity of people.


Laters

Which I am happy to say you will never learn.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:

Didge
your posts say far more about you than they do me.

Nems all you know is from following others.
As to me, that has been your problem for too long, wanting to find out the identity of people.


Laters

Which I am happy to say you will never learn.


Wanting to find out the identity of people?!

You make no sense
If you ever have a coherent thought that you manage to type please alert the authorities.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Nems all you know is from following others.
As to me, that has been your problem for too long, wanting to find out the identity of people.


Laters

Which I am happy to say you will never learn.


Wanting to find out the identity of people?!

You make no sense
If you ever have a coherent thought that you manage to type please alert the authorities.


You see Nems, this is why I have no respect for a person like you.
Not only are you part of a secret section on a forum of which its main intent is to slag off people, but you are so obsessed with revenge to any slights said to you, that you will go to any lengths to accomplish that.
That is what is so pathetic. I mean even the little dig about coherent is you thinking you are being clever in making a dig. People like yourself as I say are filled with such bitterness with the world, their belief is that if they cannot be happy they will go to extreme lengths to make others life's unhappy to. If they are unhappy, then nobody else should be happy.
Like I said, you need to take a good long hard look at yourself and see why you allow negativity to rule your life. Once you recognize that and want to help yourself, then you can open a new chapter to your life.

The thing is Nems, I may not make sense to you, but you make perfect sense to me, in that I can read you like a book.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If you did an essay at school and just copied a load of stuff someone had written, they'd call it plagiarism. It's fine to back up what your stance is by quoting from the press or whatever, but these walls of text are just lazy really.
however in a debate Not an essay a premise is stated Ie a C&p and the discussion follows
ie i disagree or agree with the premise presented because yada yada yada

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:23 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:If you did an essay at school and just copied a load of stuff someone had written, they'd call it plagiarism. It's fine to back up what your stance is by quoting from the press or whatever, but these walls of text are just lazy really.
however in a debate Not an essay a premise is stated Ie a C&p and the discussion follows
ie i disagree or agree with the premise presented because yada yada yada

I still think a couple of relevant lines and a link is better

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Nems wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
however in a debate Not an essay a premise is stated Ie a C&p and the discussion follows
ie i disagree or agree with the premise presented because yada yada yada

I still think a couple of relevant lines and a link is better
well that`s a matter of debate Smile personally i try not to post huge sections just the top paragraphs however each to there own i guess
it doesn`t really bother me ether way

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:36 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Nems wrote:

I still think a couple of relevant lines and a link is better
well that`s a matter of debate Smile personally i try not to post huge sections just the top paragraphs however each to there own i guess
it doesn`t really bother me ether way

To each their own. Agreed

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Andy on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:58 pm

At least Dean, Allakaka, and Hugh Jardon dont post here.
A blessing.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 5021
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Has declared war against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Irn Bru on Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Thank you Korban, Bru, and Ben.

The signwriter spelt my name wrong on that shop Bru. Laughing

Can't you drop a 'g' from your name on here to save me having to go away up to the shop to change the sign?

Laughing

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7719
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Thank you Korban, Bru, and Ben.

The signwriter spelt my name wrong on that shop Bru. Laughing

Can't you drop a 'g' from your name on here to save me having to go away up to the shop to change the sign?

Laughing

Then I'd be a type of cat - a Ragamuffin cat. Laughing


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32000
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 120 out of 166 members have made less than 15 posts!!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum