First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:57 pm

A woman in Washington state is the first person to die of measles in the United States in a dozen years, authorities said today. But the disease was discovered only after the woman's death — how did doctors miss her diagnosis? The woman appears to have caught measles when she stayed at local medical facility. She had several other health conditions and was taking medications that suppressed her immune system, according to a statement from the Washington State Department of Health. She died of pneumonia this spring, and it was during her autopsy that doctors determined that her pneumonia was due to measles.


http://www.livescience.com/51439-measles-death-missed-diagnosis.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:59 pm

I was looking at that yesterday, it said she was vaccinated as a child but her immune system was so compromised it could not help, apparently it did not present with classic measles symptoms either..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:42 pm

this now looks very convenient for the pro vaccines yet embarrassing mistake as she had the vaccine..lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:53 pm

your are an idiot ...what part of she was taking immunosupressent drugs for other conditions have you misssed?

no its the anti vaccine brigade at fault here...


doubless some dirty infected anti vax-er was carrying the disease and passed it onto someone who was immunocompromised do to other issues......


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:59 pm

mentor wrote:your are an idiot ...what part of she was taking immunosupressent drugs for other conditions have you misssed?

no its the anti vaccine brigade at fault here...


doubless some dirty infected anti vax-er was carrying the disease and passed it onto someone who was immunocompromised do to other issues......


she had the vaccine when she was younger, it should have protected her if it did not, how good is the vaccine they are pushing on kids...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:07 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
mentor wrote:your are an idiot ...what part of she was taking immunosupressent drugs for other conditions have you misssed?

no its the anti vaccine brigade at fault here...


doubless some dirty infected anti vax-er was carrying the disease and passed it onto someone who was immunocompromised do to other issues......


she had the vaccine when she was younger, it should have protected her if it did not, how good is the vaccine they are pushing on kids...

dont be a total idiot.....

No matter she was vaccinated...if your immune system is damaged or compromised later in life then it no longer protects

would you expect a seat belt with rusty bolts to protect you
would you expect a crash helmet damaged in a previous crash to protect you a second time...

you have no idea of how these things work...just some dumbfuck nonsense you have read in the net from some sicko "conspiracy theory" site....




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:27 pm

mentor wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

she had the vaccine when she was younger, it should have protected her if it did not, how good is the vaccine they are pushing on kids...

dont be a total idiot.....

No matter she was vaccinated...if your immune system is damaged or compromised later in life then it no longer protects

would you expect a seat belt with rusty bolts to protect you
would you expect a crash helmet damaged in a previous crash to protect you a second time...

you have no idea of how these things work...just some dumbfuck nonsense you have read in the net from some sicko "conspiracy theory" site....




so if she can become immune suppressed who else can, so how valid is the vaccine when actually needed...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:32 pm

she was immunosupressed becasue of some meds she was taking

nothing to do with the effectiveness of the vaccines....

who else can

well...anyone who needs immunosupressing drugs...

thats a "trade off" between dieing immediately from whatever the drugs control ..or taking the risk that something or other "gets you"

hiv victims are at risk

and a very small proportion of the population for some reason have a problem with vaccines "not taking"

but we are talking very small numbers here....



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:43 pm

mentor wrote:she was immunosupressed becasue of some meds she was taking

nothing to do with the effectiveness of the vaccines....

who else can

well...anyone who needs immunosupressing drugs...

thats a "trade off" between dieing immediately from whatever the drugs control ..or taking the risk that something or other "gets you"

hiv victims are at risk

and a very small proportion of the population for some reason have a problem with vaccines "not taking"

but we are talking very small numbers here....



I'm sure they blamed misdiagnosis to as she did not have all the classic measles symptoms which is odd...

would the fact the immune system was shot make her present differently...?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:53 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
mentor wrote:she was immunosupressed becasue of some meds she was taking

nothing to do with the effectiveness of the vaccines....

who else can

well...anyone who needs immunosupressing drugs...

thats a "trade off" between dieing immediately from whatever the drugs control ..or taking the risk that something or other "gets you"

hiv victims are at risk

and a very small proportion of the population for some reason have a problem with vaccines "not taking"

but we are talking very small numbers here....



I'm sure they blamed misdiagnosis to as she did not have all the classic measles symptoms which is odd...

would the fact the immune system was shot make her present differently...?

that is quite possible, since it is entirely likely that the virus was able to attack her in ways it normally would not, even in a "normally immune competant" but non vaccinated person.

so for instance it could have gone straight to viral meningitis (normally the brain is very well protected by the immune system....)

also the speed of infection and severity would alter the presentation....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:00 pm

mentor wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

I'm sure they blamed misdiagnosis to as she did not have all the classic measles symptoms which is odd...

would the fact the immune system was shot make her present differently...?

that is quite possible, since it is entirely likely that the virus was able to attack her in ways it normally would not, even in a "normally immune competant" but non vaccinated person.

so for instance it could have gone straight to viral meningitis (normally the brain is very well protected by the immune system....)

also the speed of infection and severity would alter the presentation....

there must be a test to show the patient is immune compromised, do they take a long time or would it be unusual to test for something like that in a case like this...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:00 pm

So.....she was vaccinated and still got it.
Right.

Says it all really. You die when your time is up. It's as simple as that.

You cannot push the river people!

_________________
That was his gift, he filled you with words that you didn't know were there.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 31863
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:02 pm

eddie wrote:So.....she was vaccinated and still got it.
Right.

Says it all really. You die when your time is up. It's as simple as that.

You cannot push the river people!

I do agree that when your number is called off you go...








Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:10 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
mentor wrote:

that is quite possible, since it is entirely likely that the virus was able to attack her in ways it normally would not, even in a "normally immune competant" but non vaccinated person.

so for instance it could have gone straight to viral meningitis (normally the brain is very well protected by the immune system....)

also the speed of infection and severity would alter the presentation....

there must be a test to show the patient is immune compromised, do they take a long time or would it be unusual to test for something like that in a case like this...

well they cant test for everything and the presentation was likely atypical , they would have known she was immunocompromised since she was on immunosupressant drugs.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:14 pm

eddie wrote:So.....she was vaccinated and still got it.
Right.

Says it all really. You die when your time is up. It's as simple as that.

You cannot push the river people!
Eddie...you are catching HF's dumb bug....

the vaccination was rendered ineffective ...DUE TO THE IMMUNOSUPRESSANT DRUGS she was taking

that is whats called a "side effect" (of the immunosupressant drug)

what does a vaccine do? it boosts your immune system and sensitises it to the target virus

what does an immuno supressant drug do It supresses your immune system

DOH!


no one expects a vaccine to continue working in an immunocompromised person...thats not what they are intended to do...

strewth....


its like trying to educate bricks


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:22 pm

It suppressed her immune system. Yes. I get it.

She got measles anyway? Probably due to a fucked up immune system.

So? What's your point?? She was vaccinated and she still got measles because she had a buggared immune system.

So the vaccine didn't help did it?
Perhaps it doesn't help if you have any other illnessss that we don't know about???


_________________
That was his gift, he filled you with words that you didn't know were there.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 31863
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:41 pm

eddie wrote:It suppressed her immune system. Yes. I get it.

She got measles anyway? Probably due to a fucked up immune system.

So? What's your point?? She was vaccinated and she still got measles because she had a buggared immune system.

So the vaccine didn't help did it?
Perhaps it doesn't help if you have any other illnessss that we don't know about???


however ...funnily enough it seems to work bloody well for 95% of the population

or do you think, like polio etc measles has simply decided to go on holiday...becasue its now damn rare in the general population...the only source of it seems to be the dangerous anti vax carrier......

the fact that a few (rare) individuals either fail to respond to vaccine (and THEY often dont get the disease either) OR have a damaged immune system
is NOT an argument against vaccination...indeed it is a point for (in order to help protect them)

do you think the vaccination campaigns that wiped out polio smallpox and diptheria in briytain should not have happened

do you think these diseses simply went on holiday?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:44 pm

I actually never said I was against the measles vaccination Vic.
I know that it didnt help her yet she had it.

_________________
That was his gift, he filled you with words that you didn't know were there.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 31863
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:45 pm

it probably helped her for most of her life...untill she needed the immunosupressants...#

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:47 pm

Probably.

My point is, children are over-vaccinated and some vaccines are just not needed.

_________________
That was his gift, he filled you with words that you didn't know were there.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 31863
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:49 pm

eddie wrote:Probably.

My point is, children are over-vaccinated and some vaccines are just not needed.

and you are qualified to know which are and which are not...

after all you have made the point that "they" (whoever they are) are liars and not to be trusted so it can only be YOUR judgement

hmmmmmm

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:35 pm

mentor wrote:
eddie wrote:Probably.

My point is, children are over-vaccinated and some vaccines are just not needed.

and you are qualified to know which are and which are not...

after all you have made the point that "they" (whoever they are) are liars and not to be trusted so it can only be YOUR judgement

hmmmmmm

isn't it only their judgement that you need it.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:46 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
mentor wrote:

and you are qualified to know which are and which are not...

after all you have made the point that "they" (whoever they are) are liars and not to be trusted so it can only be YOUR judgement

hmmmmmm

isn't it only their judgement that you need it.....

judgement, backed by sound scientific principle, combined with sure knowlege of how disease progresses, and how it can be stopped

or do you think
polio
diptheria
smallpox
tetanus

etc simply went on holiday


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:48 pm

you for certain have none of the required knowlege to make such a judgement

for my self I have sufficient if not to make an immediate decision, to be able to research and learn whats going on.....

I know what to ask
where to ask and who to ask....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:05 am

mentor wrote:you for certain have none of the required knowlege to make such a judgement

for my self I have sufficient if not to make an immediate decision, to be able to research and learn whats going on.....

I know what to ask
where to ask and who to ask....

so basically we should just trust you..... and people like you.... like the people trusted thalidomide...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:14 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
mentor wrote:you for certain have none of the required knowlege to make such a judgement

for my self I have sufficient if not to make an immediate decision, to be able to research and learn whats going on.....

I know what to ask
where to ask and who to ask....

so basically we should just trust you..... and people like you.... like the people trusted thalidomide...

ah yes the "thalidomide argument agaisnt science"

due to corrupt dealings by the board and directors of the company concerned vital data was hidden/changed and destroyed....

NOW...thats bad and the results were appaling

however shall we now shut down the police for their record of corrupt and twisted actions ?

shall we shut down all financial institutions for their corruption


shall we shut down all religious institutions for their corruption


and go back to the stone age?

or shall we, as WAS done after the thalidomide debacle, introduce laws and requirements to try to prevent corrupt (non scientists ....note NON scientsts) from holding sway over safety?

perhaops you are in favout of removing all motor vehicles since people cant be trusted to use them properly

perhaps you think we should close down all airlines for their penny pinching causing accidents

no...well stop being a berk then

what part of it wasnt doctors and scientists that caused the thalidomide mess ...it was business men....dont you understand

the doctors were prescribing thalidomide in good faith.....having been lied to (and not just doctors...the govt also) by those in charge of the company.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:36 am

mentor wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

so basically we should just trust you..... and people like you.... like the people trusted thalidomide...

ah yes the "thalidomide argument agaisnt science"

due to corrupt dealings by the board and directors of the company concerned vital data was hidden/changed and destroyed....

NOW...thats bad and the results were appaling

however shall we now shut down the police for their record of corrupt and twisted actions ?

shall we shut down all financial institutions for their corruption


shall we shut down all religious institutions for their corruption


and go back to the stone age?

or shall we, as WAS done after the thalidomide debacle, introduce laws and requirements to try to prevent corrupt (non scientists ....note NON scientsts) from holding sway over safety?

perhaops you are in favout of removing all motor vehicles since people cant be trusted to use them properly

perhaps you think we should close down all airlines for their penny pinching causing accidents

no...well stop being a berk then

what part of it wasnt doctors and scientists that caused the thalidomide  mess ...it was business men....dont you understand

the doctors were prescribing thalidomide in good faith.....having been lied to (and not just doctors...the govt also) by those in charge of the company.....

of course it was nobody's fault just a huge misunderstanding.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Eilzel on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:07 am

Vic it saddens me it really does that people seem to have forgot about the damaging effects of diseases eradicated by vaccination as those you mentioned and more. Perhaps, frighteningly, only another epidemic would make people remember why we vaccinate in the first place.

The internet has a lot to answer for in the way exceptions, lies and exaggerations are given as much weight as scientific studies and years of recorded progress, by amateur youtube videos and phoney alternative 'news' sites Sad

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5873
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:11 am

Eilzel wrote:Vic it saddens me it really does that people seem to have forgot about the damaging effects of diseases eradicated by vaccination as those you mentioned and more. Perhaps, frighteningly, only another epidemic would make people remember why we vaccinate in the first place.

The internet has a lot to answer for in the way exceptions, lies and exaggerations are given as much weight as scientific studies and years of recorded progress, by amateur youtube videos and phoney alternative 'news' sites Sad

does it sadden you that people might want to make their own choices... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:30 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Vic it saddens me it really does that people seem to have forgot about the damaging effects of diseases eradicated by vaccination as those you mentioned and more. Perhaps, frighteningly, only another epidemic would make people remember why we vaccinate in the first place.

The internet has a lot to answer for in the way exceptions, lies and exaggerations are given as much weight as scientific studies and years of recorded progress, by amateur youtube videos and phoney alternative 'news' sites Sad

does it sadden you that people might want to make their own choices... Smile

Speaking of which ...


_________________
"Her heartbeat is a rhythm that commands her every word, she's every song I've ever heard."

- Turnpike Troubadors
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22886
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:52 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Vic it saddens me it really does that people seem to have forgot about the damaging effects of diseases eradicated by vaccination as those you mentioned and more. Perhaps, frighteningly, only another epidemic would make people remember why we vaccinate in the first place.

The internet has a lot to answer for in the way exceptions, lies and exaggerations are given as much weight as scientific studies and years of recorded progress, by amateur youtube videos and phoney alternative 'news' sites Sad

does it sadden you that people might want to make their own choices... Smile


The saddest part is you are unable to make an independent choice of your own.
You yourself prove you have no free will. You follow commands from a book written by men who because of a fear, paranoia, lack of scientific understanding, wrongly believed that things like thunder and lightening were the angry reactions of a God.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by eddie on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:03 am

Didge we could also say that you commands from scientists who are renowned for getting things wrong.

Three doctors recently have been found dead in suspicious circumstances - all of which were against certain vaccinations.
And no, I'm not providing the link, google it Razz

Dead doctors vaccinations - that's all you need to type

But of course, you'll say it's a coincidence, becasue you people who cry "conspiracy!" Have no other argument but "coincidences!" Rolling Eyes

_________________
That was his gift, he filled you with words that you didn't know were there.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 31863
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:15 am

eddie wrote:Didge we could also say that you commands from scientists who are renowned for getting things wrong.

Three doctors recently have been found dead in suspicious circumstances - all of which were against certain vaccinations.
And no, I'm not providing the link, google it Razz

Dead doctors vaccinations - that's all you need to type

But of course, you'll say it's a coincidence, becasue you people who cry "conspiracy!" Have no other argument but "coincidences!" Rolling Eyes


OMG goodness Eddie, you cannot say the same in your claims, because I can rationally think and reason. As seen yet again yesterday, you blatantly ignore evidence, because paranoia and fear is denying you the ability to question a claim properly
Now you next further prove your paranoia on 3 doctors.
Eddie sort out the boredom that is fueling your paranoia.
See how you are bought into a new conspiracy before you have even looked into it.
Your boredom increases your susceptibility to paranoia and fear, where I am trying to help you understand how this has been studied.
So what do you do after being show a claim is poor?
Offer me up another crackpot theory to pander your paranoia.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First US Measles Death in 12 Years: How Was It Missed?

Post by Eilzel on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:32 pm

eddie wrote:Didge we could also say that you commands from scientists who are renowned for getting things wrong.

Three doctors recently have been found dead in suspicious circumstances - all of which were against certain vaccinations.
And no, I'm not providing the link, google it Razz

Dead doctors vaccinations - that's all you need to type

But of course, you'll say it's a coincidence, becasue you people who cry "conspiracy!" Have no other argument but "coincidences!" Rolling Eyes

How many people would die a year with no vaccinations?

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5873
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum