Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:07 am

First topic message reminder :

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Episcopalians voted overwhelmingly Wednesday to allow religious weddings for same-sex couples, solidifying the church's embrace of gay rights that began more than a decade ago with the pioneering election of the first openly gay bishop.

The vote came in Salt Lake City at the Episcopal General Convention, just days after the U.S. Supreme Court legalized gay marriage nationwide. It passed in the House of Deputies, the voting body of clergy and lay participants at the meeting. The House of Bishops had approved the resolution Tuesday by 129-26 with five abstaining.

The Very Rev. Brian Baker of Sacramento said the church rule change was the result of a nearly four-decade long conversation that has been difficult and painful for many. Baker, chair of the committee that crafted the changes, said church members have not always been kind to one another but that the dynamic has changed in recent decades.

http://news.yahoo.com/episcopalians-vote-allowing-gay-marriage-churches-064849720.html

_________________
"Why do we even have pain? I was taught pain is to let us know when our body is breaking down. Well, why couldn’t we have a light? Like a dashboard light? If Chevrolet could come up with that, why couldn’t God? "

- George R.R. Martin
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22689
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down


Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:37 pm

eddie wrote:Erm no, we don't teach children about blowjobs but they'll end up either giving or recieving them one day!


So really, you have no "dirty" little ideas in your head?

I'm not knocking you, please believe me, but is your idea of sexual intercourse missionary and perhaps doggy style too?

Because there's nothing wrong with treating sex like a glorious fairground ride!

actually the gay sex side of this has got in the way, the problem with this church is that they have excluded whole chunks of the bible that get in the way of what they want to believe and still want to call themselves Christians, that is the real issue... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:38 pm

My idea of sexual intercourse is between a man and a woman.

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by sassy on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:22 pm

How long have you had the idea and have you done anything about it Rolling Eyes

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17103
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:24 pm

sassy wrote:How long have you had the idea and have you done anything about it Rolling Eyes



I've had the idea many years, it just sort of came naturally, and yes I've done loads about it...


lol!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
sassy wrote:How long have you had the idea and have you done anything about it Rolling Eyes



I've had the idea many years, it just sort of came naturally, and yes I've done loads about it...


lol!



lol it is the most natural thing you can ever do... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:19 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:



I've had the idea many years, it just sort of came naturally, and yes I've done loads about it...


lol!



lol it is the most natural thing you can ever do... Smile


It's almost as if it was normal, natural and right... sort of how nature intended by the design and mechanics of it all...


lol!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

lol it is the most natural thing you can ever do... Smile


It's almost as if it was normal, natural and right... sort of how nature intended by the design and mechanics of it all...


lol!



how very true.... Smile lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by sassy on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
sassy wrote:How long have you had the idea and have you done anything about it Rolling Eyes



I've had the idea many years, it just sort of came naturally, and yes I've done loads about it...


lol!



Yet you don't want other people to do what comes naturally to them.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17103
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:35 pm

just because it comes natural to them it does not mean it should be considered natural...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:43 pm

sassy wrote:How long have you had the idea and have you done anything about it Rolling Eyes


Hahahahahahahaha! You have to admit that was funny Tommy!

_________________
“They were curved together like quotation marks with no words in between.”
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30429
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:29 pm

Not trying to stop anyone doing whatever they want with another consenting adult behind closed doors... just don't try to tell me that something so different and unnatural and abnormal is the same and equal...



And yes Eddie... most amusing!


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:34 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
mentor wrote:

if I were you I'd look carefully in the mirror....

besides criticising someone for being a dick, even in the guise of a religious belief isnt covered.....

the pages of "gender hatred" you have posted would sink you......


which tells you something then , that you lez and the other numpties on here are equally guilty of breaking the law so why not stop your campaign of trying to make Christians feel guilty for voicing their opinion i think the hatred is sickening from you and KD and Ben and others , yet you have the cheek to tell me and my husband that we are homophobic which is a bloody laugh , I had never come across such bigotry and Christianphobic attitude until i started posting on skyforum and various other forums where you lot are . You are a just a few bigots though gathering together in a small group trying to force me and my husband to accept homosexuality and gay marriage, don't you understand the meaning of freedom of thought and speech , how would you like it if there was a law passed that said ' until you have attended a mosque a temple a church or synagogue for ten years and listened to all the different faiths you cannot choose to be atheist or druid ' why should you have freedom of thought and we can't , why should you be able to dictate to others that they must accept gays and gay marriage just because you do ????????

what makes you think I didnt study other faiths and for a considerable length of time, before deciding to become a druid?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:41 pm

I don't care mentor this subject has become boring . I've moved on Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:46 pm

YOU asked the question...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:57 pm

maybe but i got bored waiting for a reply and its just boring now don't you think .

You agree with same sex marriage , I disagree so what's the point in going around in circles you won't change your view I won't change mine.

We are both adults we don't need to verbally abuse and insult each other all day long do we .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Not trying to stop anyone doing whatever they want with another consenting adult behind closed doors... just don't try to tell me that something so different and unnatural and abnormal is the same and equal...



And yes Eddie... most amusing!


lol!

Tommy I really feel bad for you, it must be terrible being a member of a small (and ever shrinking) and increasingly desoised minority. especially one that, like yours, has no future...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:25 pm

Pro poof propaganda and waffle...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:29 pm

mentor wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Not trying to stop anyone doing whatever they want with another consenting adult behind closed doors... just don't try to tell me that something so different and unnatural and abnormal is the same and equal...



And yes Eddie... most amusing!


lol!

Tommy I really feel bad for you, it must be terrible being a member of a small (and ever shrinking) and increasingly desoised minority. especially one that, like yours, has no future...

be careful in Britain the smaller the minority the larger the voice and the rights... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Pro poof propaganda and waffle...

blag blah blah...says tommy monk

the human equivalent of the (vestigial and useless) appendix....

If there is one thing certain, the right will never amount to anything of a threat while it counts the like of Tommy in its ranks.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Pro poof propaganda and waffle...

No just pro equality, which as seen you do not believe many groups should have equality, the same equality you have yourself which is denied to others. Basically you are treating them on the same level as criminals for no crime committed.
It proves your reasoning is absurd and based on hate.

@Victor have fun with Tommy, and have a good evening.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:39 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Pro poof propaganda and waffle...

No just pro equality, which as seen you do not believe many groups should have equality, the same equality you have yourself which is denied to others. Basically you are treating them on the same level as criminals for no crime committed.
It proves your reasoning is absurd and based on hate.

@Victor have fun with Tommy, and have a good evening.

i wouldn't spout about equality if I were you, you would take the choice of patients to refuse treatment... were is their right to equality?? Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:39 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
mentor wrote:

Tommy I really feel bad for you, it must be terrible being a member of a small (and ever shrinking) and increasingly desoised minority. especially one that, like yours, has no future...

be careful in Britain the smaller the minority the larger the voice and the rights... Smile


lol!


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:39 pm

Tommy I do find it amusing somewhat, that your username is also the subject matter for a lot of your distasteful comments! lol!

_________________
“They were curved together like quotation marks with no words in between.”
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30429
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:49 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

No just pro equality, which as seen you do not believe many groups should have equality, the same equality you have yourself which is denied to others. Basically you are treating them on the same level as criminals for no crime committed.
It proves your reasoning is absurd and based on hate.

@Victor have fun with Tommy, and have a good evening.

i wouldn't spout about equality if I were you, you would take the choice of patients to refuse treatment... were is their right to equality?? Smile


That proves you do not understand what equality is.
So you are saying when a patient is not of sound mind, we should leave the choice up to relatives or experts? Equality is not being denied here but the patient given the best chances of survival.
So again you offer no reasoning to your points or even show what equality is lost. Where people like you think you know better than expert medical opinion then you are the problem and also a danger denying people the best treatment. It is you in fact that denies equality based on your opinions which are not expert opinions.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:50 pm

Seems everyone loves tommy monk...


Laughing

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:52 pm

Yeah...I like plucking parrots.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:53 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

i wouldn't spout about equality if I were you, you would take the choice of patients to refuse treatment... were is their right to equality?? Smile


That proves you do not understand what equality is.
So you are saying when a patient is not of sound mind, we should leave the choice up to relatives or experts? Equality is not being denied here but the patient given the best chances of survival.
So again you offer no reasoning to your points or even show what equality is lost. Where people like you think you know better than expert medical opinion then you are the problem and also a danger denying people the best treatment. It is you in fact that denies equality based on your opinions which are not expert opinions.

who was talking about whether they were of sound mind or not or are you backing up now, so if the patient was of sound mind and wanted to refuse say chemo, would you still say you would force them to take the treatment??

whoever they are they are entitled to their opinion, that is equality, the fact you think you know better is irrelevant, they can and should still be able to chose..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:55 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


That proves you do not understand what equality is.
So you are saying when a patient is not of sound mind, we should leave the choice up to relatives or experts? Equality is not being denied here but the patient given the best chances of survival.
So again you offer no reasoning to your points or even show what equality is lost. Where people like you think you know better than expert medical opinion then you are the problem and also a danger denying people the best treatment. It is you in fact that denies equality based on your opinions which are not expert opinions.

who was talking about whether they were of sound mind or not or are you backing up now, so if the patient was of sound mind and wanted to refuse say chemo, would you still say you would force them to take the treatment??

whoever they are they are entitled to their opinion, that is equality, the fact you think you know better is irrelevant, they can and should still be able to chose..

Amen

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:57 pm

besides all this the topic ...

if they insist in completely omitting from both the church and the teaching what the bible says, they cannot call themselves Christians...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:59 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


That proves you do not understand what equality is.
So you are saying when a patient is not of sound mind, we should leave the choice up to relatives or experts? Equality is not being denied here but the patient given the best chances of survival.
So again you offer no reasoning to your points or even show what equality is lost. Where people like you think you know better than expert medical opinion then you are the problem and also a danger denying people the best treatment. It is you in fact that denies equality based on your opinions which are not expert opinions.

who was talking about whether they were of sound mind or not or are you backing up now, so if the patient was of sound mind and wanted to refuse say chemo, would you still say you would force them to take the treatment??

whoever they are they are entitled to their opinion, that is equality, the fact you think you know better is irrelevant, they can and should still be able to chose..


Some people are not of sound mind to make decisions.
Take yourself for example, you do not take on board expert medical advice. That is not being of sound mind, its ignoring expert help that could very well save your life. You then place yourself at unnecessary risk.
If the patient wants to refuse chemo, they do so at their risk, its as simple as that.
We are talking about people like you trying to decide for others, where you have no expert knowledge. So where a mother wishes to deny a child a blood transfusion, she is deny her child equality to the best medical possible.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:00 pm

mentor wrote:Yeah...I like plucking parrots.....



Not as much as you like choking chickens it would seem...!!!



lol!




_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:01 pm

society says ....."tommy, this group of people are going to be made equal in rights to you"

tommy says        "WAHHHHHH " thats not fair"

society says       "why ever not"

Tommy says ......"cos it isnt thats why"

society says ....."that isnt reasonable"

Tommy says ......" thats not natural"

society says ...."that doesnt make sense"

Tommy says ....."It does to me"


society says ....."you are not normal"

Tommy says ......" i am the only one that is normal"


society says....." your nuts"


tommy says ......"its not natural"

society says ......."like it or lump it ...this group is now equal to you"

Tommy says ........"WAHHHHHHHHHH   thats not fair"


society says........" whats wrong now"


Tommy says ........."thats not fair.................."


etc etc etc etc

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:02 pm

children are never denied blood transfusions because the courts overrule that and rightly so .

As for accepting medical advice well not every doctor or medical professional are right they do make mistakes .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

who was talking about whether they were of sound mind or not or are you backing up now, so if the patient was of sound mind and wanted to refuse say chemo, would you still say you would force them to take the treatment??

whoever they are they are entitled to their opinion, that is equality, the fact you think you know better is irrelevant, they can and should still be able to chose..


Some people are not of sound mind to make decisions.
Take yourself for example, you do not take on board expert medical advice. That is not being of sound mind, its ignoring expert help that could very well save your life. You then place yourself at unnecessary risk.
If the patient wants to refuse chemo, they do so at their risk, its as simple as that.
We are talking about people like you trying to decide for others, where you have no expert knowledge. So where a mother wishes to deny a child a blood transfusion, she is deny her child equality to the best medical possible.

so just because someone knows more than someone else you think that by equality that means they should make the decision for that person....

how is that equality...

do these so called experts no the future, do they know it will definitely save the patient and even if they do, is it not the right of the patient to say, you know what i want to do it my way even if it means dying...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:07 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:children are never denied blood transfusions because the courts overrule that and rightly so .

As for accepting medical advice well not every doctor or medical professional are right they do make mistakes .

Hence why its best to get many different doctors to advice on problematic medical conditions Dibs. I never said just take one expert advice but many, to see the best options open to you.

Some parents have denied their children blood transfusions, but glad to see you agree the courts should overrule and rightly so


Right until later

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:10 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:children are never denied blood transfusions because the courts overrule that and rightly so .

As for accepting medical advice well not every doctor or medical professional are right they do make mistakes .

Hence why its best to get many different doctors to advice on problematic medical conditions Dibs. I never said just take one expert advice but many, to see the best options open to you.

Some parents have denied their children blood transfusions, but glad to see you agree the courts should overrule and rightly so


Right until later

for children but not for other adults, they are capable of making their own choices that is equality.... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:10 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


Some people are not of sound mind to make decisions.
Take yourself for example, you do not take on board expert medical advice. That is not being of sound mind, its ignoring expert help that could very well save your life. You then place yourself at unnecessary risk.
If the patient wants to refuse chemo, they do so at their risk, its as simple as that.
We are talking about people like you trying to decide for others, where you have no expert knowledge. So where a mother wishes to deny a child a blood transfusion, she is deny her child equality to the best medical possible.

so just because someone knows more than someone else you think that by equality that means they should make the decision for that person....

how is that equality...

you are confusing the issue between lack of knowlege and lack of capacity here
if someone of sound mind but little (or wrong) knowlege makes a decision..so be it
if someone with limited capacity (as determined by a court of course) makes a decison , that decision is NOT regarded as valid (and rightly so, since to do othewise could, and would lead to exploitation of vulnerable people)


do these so called experts no the future, do they know it will definitely save the patient and even if they do, is it not the right of the patient to say, you know what i want to do it my way even if it means dying...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:13 pm

mentor wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

so just because someone knows more than someone else you think that by equality that means they should make the decision for that person....

how is that equality...

you are confusing the issue between lack of knowlege and lack of capacity here
if someone of sound mind but little  (or wrong) knowlege makes a decision..so be it
if someone with limited capacity (as determined by a court of course) makes a decison , that decision is NOT regarded as valid (and rightly so, since to do othewise could, and would lead to exploitation of vulnerable people)


do these so called experts no the future, do they know it will definitely save the patient and even if they do, is it not the right of the patient to say, you know what i want to do it my way even if it means dying...

it is still their decision to make, they might want to die, they might be tired of living and just want to die....

if people do not have choice they have nothing, equality is their right to make a choice..

all the experts in the world do not know the future they might know the odds but odds work both ways...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:14 pm

back to topic this so called Christian church that will marry gays should not be calling themselves Christians as they purposely omit huge parts of the bible...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:18 pm

But that is 'progressive' HF... why should they let the truth get in the way!?



lol!


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:20 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:But that is 'progressive' HF... why should they let the truth get in the way!?



lol!


and the truth shall sat you free...lol

good point Tommy with some in here why let the truth get in the way of their opinions... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:25 pm

could not the same be said for you HF...after all you seem to dismiss the OT with ease...

despite jesus saying that the law will not pass....

moreove you seem quite "picky" about which bits of the NT you wish to avail yourself of....

clearly therfore you too omit a fair proportion of the bible....

this is in addition to the fact that in reality even if you followed the whole of the EXTANT bible, you would be omitting large chunks of it since much was left out by the bishops who cobbled together the present version......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:But that is 'progressive' HF... why should they let the truth get in the way!?



lol!


unlike the simpering moron Tommy, who is totally regressive of course.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:34 pm

mentor wrote:could not the same be said for you HF...after all you seem to dismiss the OT with ease...

despite jesus saying that the law will not pass....

moreove you seem quite "picky" about which bits of the NT you wish to avail yourself of....

clearly therfore you too omit a fair proportion of the bible....

this is in addition to the fact that in reality even if you followed the whole of the EXTANT bible, you would be omitting large chunks of it since much was left out by the bishops who cobbled together the present version......

well which way would you like the argument, if you are so convinced that neither dibs nor myself are Christians as many on here say because we do not act like Christians, then you would have to declare that the church in this topic are certainly not Christians either....
so no gay Christians.... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:47 pm

You can't unleash a logic bomb like that on those people here HF!!!



That will hurt their minds!!!



lol!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:You can't unleash a logic bomb like that on those people here HF!!!



That will hurt their minds!!!



lol!



lol... i can hear some grinding, so they might be processing it but it could take a while.... Smile Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:59 pm

lol!


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:04 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
mentor wrote:could not the same be said for you HF...after all you seem to dismiss the OT with ease...

despite jesus saying that the law will not pass....

moreove you seem quite "picky" about which bits of the NT you wish to avail yourself of....

clearly therfore you too omit a fair proportion of the bible....

this is in addition to the fact that in reality even if you followed the whole of the EXTANT bible, you would be omitting large chunks of it since much was left out by the bishops who cobbled together the present version......

well which way would you like the argument, if you are so convinced that neither dibs nor myself are Christians as many on here say because we do not act like Christians, then you would have to declare that the church in this topic are certainly not Christians either....
so no gay Christians.... Smile

HF and Tommy, I wouldn't slap one another too hard on the ass over this logic, as it's the same logic I used to prove these people have the same right to claim to be Christians as HF does.

So either they can be Christians and still support gay people, and you can be a Christian and still be an asshole, or none of you can be Christians.



















lol!

_________________
"Why do we even have pain? I was taught pain is to let us know when our body is breaking down. Well, why couldn’t we have a light? Like a dashboard light? If Chevrolet could come up with that, why couldn’t God? "

- George R.R. Martin
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22689
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

well which way would you like the argument, if you are so convinced that neither dibs nor myself are Christians as many on here say because we do not act like Christians, then you would have to declare that the church in this topic are certainly not Christians either....
so no gay Christians.... Smile

HF and Tommy, I wouldn't slap one another too hard on the ass over this logic, as it's the same logic I used to prove these people have the same right to claim to be Christians as HF does.

So either they can be Christians and still support gay people, and you can be a Christian and still be an asshole, or none of you can be Christians.



















lol!


lol...not quite but it's a good try as you only have your opinion on what a Christian should be as a reference to how dibs and I should behave...

this group of gays pretending to be christians have chosen to omit from their church and in their teachings huge pieces of the bible....


that's a huge difference... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:10 pm

Ben, is this what your Sig is about...


http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statistics_-_Pornography



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 17764
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum