Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:07 am

First topic message reminder :

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Episcopalians voted overwhelmingly Wednesday to allow religious weddings for same-sex couples, solidifying the church's embrace of gay rights that began more than a decade ago with the pioneering election of the first openly gay bishop.

The vote came in Salt Lake City at the Episcopal General Convention, just days after the U.S. Supreme Court legalized gay marriage nationwide. It passed in the House of Deputies, the voting body of clergy and lay participants at the meeting. The House of Bishops had approved the resolution Tuesday by 129-26 with five abstaining.

The Very Rev. Brian Baker of Sacramento said the church rule change was the result of a nearly four-decade long conversation that has been difficult and painful for many. Baker, chair of the committee that crafted the changes, said church members have not always been kind to one another but that the dynamic has changed in recent decades.

http://news.yahoo.com/episcopalians-vote-allowing-gay-marriage-churches-064849720.html

_________________
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."

-Maya Angelou
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22711
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down


Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

You are right if you are judging us by this forum . We might not show it but we love and pray for our enemies .

Shouldn't you act like it, or does the Bible have an internet exception? Smile

under the circumstances i think we keep pretty calm, I don't think many posters take as much flak as we do and keep as calm... we could do better but we are not perfect but it is a mile of difference between falling short of your opinion of what a Christian should and shouldn't be and a group missing huge clumps of the bible out because they don;t fit with what they want...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:44 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

You are right if you are judging us by this forum . We might not show it but we love and pray for our enemies .

Shouldn't you act like it, or does the Bible have an internet exception? Smile

under the circumstances i think we keep pretty calm, I don't think many posters take as much flak as we do and keep as calm... we could do better but we are not perfect but it is a mile of difference between falling short of your opinion of what a Christian should and shouldn't be and a group missing huge clumps of the bible out because they don;t fit with what they want...

So that makes you better than gay people who identify as Christians, and gives you the right to say they're not?

_________________
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."

-Maya Angelou
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22711
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

under the circumstances i think we keep pretty calm, I don't think many posters take as much flak as we do and keep as calm... we could do better but we are not perfect but it is a mile of difference between falling short of your opinion of what a Christian should and shouldn't be and a group missing huge clumps of the bible out because they don;t fit with what they want...

So that makes you better than gay people who identify as Christians, and gives you the right to say they're not?

the word says if you are not for then you are against, they so clearly go directly against the word and it's teachings....

At what point do you still belong to a group if you do not keep the basic rules of that group...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:11 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

and that makes it right, they have gay pastors and gay bishops, it seems they have forgot to read the book they have promised to teach...

the bible does warn about the responsibility on those taking to teaching the word... Smile

It doesn't matter if it is thousands of churches that have agreed to marry same sex couples , they are going against scripture and are preaching a false gospel and they are cursed of God aren't they .
says the moron who goes against scripture every day on this site your no more a Christian than i am

your nothing more than a hypocritical bigot hiding behind the bible to justify your hate

“Judge not, that ye be not judged” (Matthew 7:1) ....(funny because thats all you do )

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven” (Matthew 23:9(yet your user name does just that )


Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10(yet your on this site every day)

Shun those who disagree with your religious views. Romans 16:17(yet your on this site every day)

Paul, knowing that their faith would crumble if subjected to free and critical inquiry, tells his followers to avoid philosophy. Colossians 2:8 (yet your on this site every day)

honestly your nothing more than a hate monger cr-isis and probably evil to your boots

"Beware of false prophets. They come to you disguised as sheep, but in their hearts they are vicious wolves.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:26 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

under the circumstances i think we keep pretty calm, I don't think many posters take as much flak as we do and keep as calm... we could do better but we are not perfect but it is a mile of difference between falling short of your opinion of what a Christian should and shouldn't be and a group missing huge clumps of the bible out because they don;t fit with what they want...

So that makes you better than gay people who identify as Christians, and gives you the right to say they're not?

the word says if you are not for then you are against, they so clearly go directly against the word and it's teachings....

At what point do you still belong to a group if you do not keep the basic rules of that group...

But you don't, either. You're making your own shortcomings better than being gay within the values of Christianity. What sets apart homosexuality over anything else?

_________________
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."

-Maya Angelou
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22711
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:If homosexuals were normal they would be into women...

Why? The absolute only difference between you and me is I am attracted to men.

Actually... I'm not a twat... and I have more than one brain cell... and I'm not a twat... so actually I guess there is more than one difference... but you get my meaning.

Transgender and gay are not the same. I am a man, who is attracted to men, people like me have existed since the dawn of mankind and we don't harm anyone with our love.

It's only people like you wanted to oppress the liberty of others, for whatever subjective shitty reasons you have.



Most amusing les... but my point still stands!


Not trying to oppress anyones rights, you are as free to practice whatever sexually deviant behaviour you choose as I am free to disagree with it and think of it as I choose... oh, no, wait a minute.. I'm not free to disagree with it any more, am I...!?


No... because this is now deemed 'incorrect' and 'bigoted' and 'homophobic' and 'discriminatory' and 'denying others "equality"'... etc... and even punishable by law!!!


All in the name of equality mind!!!


Thought police anyone...!?


Laughing





_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18327
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

You are right if you are judging us by this forum . We might not show it but we love and pray for our enemies .

Shouldn't you act like it, or does the Bible have an internet exception? Smile

I do to everyone else its just the people on here i have a hard time with they are not loveable people wishing death on me . Anyway I have tried many many times and i still don't hate anyone so that is showing my love for them especially those that hate me .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:23 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

the word says if you are not for then you are against, they so clearly go directly against the word and it's teachings....

At what point do you still belong to a group if you do not keep the basic rules of that group...

But you don't, either. You're making your own shortcomings better than being gay within the values of Christianity. What sets apart homosexuality over anything else?

no i'm not, you are saying we are not Christian based on your opinion of what a Christian is and isn't, this church is just disregarding whole pieces of the bible because it suits them, they are calling themselves Christians but they are in reality just a cult...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:23 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:If homosexuals were normal they would be into women...

Why? The absolute only difference between you and me is I am attracted to men.

Actually... I'm not a twat... and I have more than one brain cell... and I'm not a twat... so actually I guess there is more than one difference... but you get my meaning.

Transgender and gay are not the same. I am a man, who is attracted to men, people like me have existed since the dawn of mankind and we don't harm anyone with our love.

It's only people like you wanted to oppress the liberty of others, for whatever subjective shitty reasons you have.



Most amusing les... but my point still stands!


Not trying to oppress anyones rights, you are as free to practice whatever sexually deviant behaviour you choose as I am free to disagree with it and think of it as I choose... oh, no, wait a minute..  I'm not free to disagree with it any more, am I...!?


No... because this is now deemed 'incorrect' and 'bigoted' and 'homophobic' and 'discriminatory' and 'denying others "equality"'... etc... and even punishable by law!!!

So I guess the police will be around to arrest you any minute now?

_________________
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."

-Maya Angelou
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22711
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Why? The absolute only difference between you and me is I am attracted to men.

Actually... I'm not a twat... and I have more than one brain cell... and I'm not a twat... so actually I guess there is more than one difference... but you get my meaning.

Transgender and gay are not the same. I am a man, who is attracted to men, people like me have existed since the dawn of mankind and we don't harm anyone with our love.

It's only people like you wanted to oppress the liberty of others, for whatever subjective shitty reasons you have.



Most amusing les... but my point still stands!


Not trying to oppress anyones rights, you are as free to practice whatever sexually deviant behaviour you choose as I am free to disagree with it and think of it as I choose... oh, no, wait a minute..  I'm not free to disagree with it any more, am I...!?


No... because this is now deemed 'incorrect' and 'bigoted' and 'homophobic' and 'discriminatory' and 'denying others "equality"'... etc... and even punishable by law!!!


All in the name of equality mind!!!


Thought police anyone...!?


Laughing





spot on Tommy it seems to have been decided that gay rights are more important than everyone elses... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:26 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

the word says if you are not for then you are against, they so clearly go directly against the word and it's teachings....

At what point do you still belong to a group if you do not keep the basic rules of that group...

But you don't, either. You're making your own shortcomings better than being gay within the values of Christianity. What sets apart homosexuality over anything else?

no i'm not, you are saying we are not Christian based on your opinion of what a Christian is and isn't, this church is just disregarding whole pieces of the bible because it suits them, they are calling themselves Christians but they are in reality just a cult...

No, you're saying that the things you do which go against the Bible aren't enough to make you non-Christian, but that accepting homosexuality would be enough to make someone non-Christian.

So what's the difference? Why do you get to continue to be a Christian despite your violations of the Bible, while claiming that gays and those who accept them cannot be Christians?

_________________
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."

-Maya Angelou
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22711
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Actually by law KD mentor sassy and whoever else are discriminating us for our faith and calling us unchristian are breaking the law of this country .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

no i'm not, you are saying we are not Christian based on your opinion of what a Christian is and isn't, this church is just disregarding whole pieces of the bible because it suits them, they are calling themselves Christians but they are in reality just a cult...

No, you're saying that the things you do which go against the Bible aren't enough to make you non-Christian, but that accepting homosexuality would be enough to make someone non-Christian.

So what's the difference? Why do you get to continue to be a Christian despite your violations of the Bible, while claiming that gays and those who accept them cannot be Christians?


even if they were straight, like many lds and jw's are, i still wouldn't say they are Christians, it is because they are not following bible teaching that makes them non Christian, they are in fact a cult just like the lds or jw's...


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:30 pm

Physical or verbal abuse because of religion or belief

It's a criminal offence to attack you because of your religion or belief, or because of your lack of religion. This includes both physical and verbal abuse.

Someone is also committing a criminal offence if they stir up hatred of a particular religious group. For example, if they publish or distribute racist information or information designed to stir up religious hatred.

If one of these criminal offences is committed against you or your family, you should report it to the police.

For more information about crimes involving physical and verbal abuse because of your religion, see Racially and religiously motivated attacks.

For more information about Hate crime see Hate crime.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Why? The absolute only difference between you and me is I am attracted to men.

Actually... I'm not a twat... and I have more than one brain cell... and I'm not a twat... so actually I guess there is more than one difference... but you get my meaning.

Transgender and gay are not the same. I am a man, who is attracted to men, people like me have existed since the dawn of mankind and we don't harm anyone with our love.

It's only people like you wanted to oppress the liberty of others, for whatever subjective shitty reasons you have.



Most amusing les... but my point still stands!


Not trying to oppress anyones rights, you are as free to practice whatever sexually deviant behaviour you choose as I am free to disagree with it and think of it as I choose... oh, no, wait a minute..  I'm not free to disagree with it any more, am I...!?


oh tommy you poor little thing, of course you are allowed to disagree and indeed thingk as you choose

what you are not allowed to do is couch that disagreement in terms calculated to demonise, cause distress to or incite hatred against those who are gay.
see this is you problem, like HF YOU want to be as vile as you like and expect no criticism for it, but it doesnt work that way. In todays generally more educated society, your are RQUIRED to be able to back up your arguuments with considerably more that "because tommy thinks it is". You need to show good sound evidence and in common with even the govt when passing laws, you also have to show "proportionality", that is to say, the opinion you espouse (regardles of "personal feelings" MUST be proportional to the harm posed (after all...if you perceive no harm then you are just blowing smoke out your stack for the sake of being a cnut)



No... because this is now deemed 'incorrect' and 'bigoted' and 'homophobic' and 'discriminatory' and 'denying others "equality"'... etc... and even punishable by law!!!


All in the name of equality mind!!!


Thought police anyone...!?


Laughing





Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:38 pm

mentor wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:



Most amusing les... but my point still stands!


Not trying to oppress anyones rights, you are as free to practice whatever sexually deviant behaviour you choose as I am free to disagree with it and think of it as I choose... oh, no, wait a minute..  I'm not free to disagree with it any more, am I...!?


oh tommy you poor little thing, of course you are allowed to disagree and indeed thingk as you choose

what you are not allowed to do is couch that disagreement in terms calculated to demonise, cause distress to or incite hatred against those who are gay.
see this is you problem, like HF YOU want to be as vile as you like and expect no criticism for it, but it doesnt work that way. In todays generally more educated society, your are RQUIRED to be able to back up your arguuments with considerably more that "because tommy thinks it is". You need to show good sound evidence and in common with even the govt when passing laws, you also have to show "proportionality", that is to say, the opinion you espouse (regardles of "personal feelings" MUST be proportional to the harm posed (after all...if you perceive no harm then you are just blowing smoke out your stack for the sake of being a cnut)



No... because this is now deemed 'incorrect' and 'bigoted' and 'homophobic' and 'discriminatory' and 'denying others "equality"'... etc... and even punishable by law!!!


All in the name of equality mind!!!


Thought police anyone...!?


Laughing






Physical or verbal abuse because of religion or belief

It's a criminal offence to attack you because of your religion or belief, or because of your lack of religion. This includes both physical and verbal abuse.

Someone is also committing a criminal offence if they stir up hatred of a particular religious group. For example, if they publish or distribute racist information or information designed to stir up religious hatred.

If one of these criminal offences is committed against you or your family, you should report it to the police.

For more information about crimes involving physical and verbal abuse because of your religion, see Racially and religiously motivated attacks.

For more information about Hate crime see Hate crime. Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:



Most amusing les... but my point still stands!


Not trying to oppress anyones rights, you are as free to practice whatever sexually deviant behaviour you choose as I am free to disagree with it and think of it as I choose... oh, no, wait a minute..  I'm not free to disagree with it any more, am I...!?


No... because this is now deemed 'incorrect' and 'bigoted' and 'homophobic' and 'discriminatory' and 'denying others "equality"'... etc... and even punishable by law!!!

So I guess the police will be around to arrest you any minute now?


The police would rather be arresting me for voicing my opinion than arresting anyone voicing a pro homosexual opinion all day long!!!


With the pro homosexual brigade in the background loudly shouting support for their rights to freedom of opinion while also actively shouting loudly in support for the removal of my rights to freedom of opinion!!!


All in the name of 'equality' mind...!!!




_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18327
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:43 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Physical or verbal abuse because of religion or belief

It's a criminal offence to attack you because of your religion or belief, or because of your lack of religion. This includes both physical and verbal abuse.

Someone is also committing a criminal offence if they stir up hatred of a particular religious group. For example, if they publish or distribute racist information or information designed to stir up religious hatred.

If one of these criminal offences is committed against you or your family, you should report it to the police.

For more information about crimes involving physical and verbal abuse because of your religion, see Racially and religiously motivated attacks.

For more information about Hate crime see Hate crime.

if I were you I'd look carefully in the mirror....

besides criticising someone for being a dick, even in the guise of a religious belief isnt covered.....

the pages of "gender hatred" you have posted would sink you......


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:51 pm

In England, Wales, and Scotland, the Public Order Act 1986 prohibits, by its Part 3, expressions of racial hatred, which is defined as hatred against a group of persons by reason of the group's colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins. Section 18 of the Act says:

A person who uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or displays any written material which is threatening, abusive or insulting, is guilty of an offence if—

(a) he intends thereby to stir up racial hatred, or

(b) having regard to all the circumstances racial hatred is likely to be stirred up thereby.

Offences under Part 3 carry a maximum sentence of seven years imprisonment or a fine or both.[6]

The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 inserted Section 4A into the Public Order Act 1986. That part prohibits anyone from causing alarm or distress. Section 4A states:

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he— (a) uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or (b) displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting, thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress.

A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or to both.[7]

The Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006 amended the Public Order Act 1986 by adding Part 3A. That Part says, "A person who uses threatening words or behaviour, or displays any written material which is threatening, is guilty of an offence if he intends thereby to stir up religious hatred." The Part protects freedom of expression by stating in Section 29J:

Nothing in this Part shall be read or given effect in a way which prohibits or restricts discussion, criticism or expressions of antipathy, dislike, ridicule, insult or abuse of particular religions or the beliefs or practices of their adherents, or of any other belief system or the beliefs or practices of its adherents, or proselytising or urging adherents of a different religion or belief system to cease practising their religion or belief system.

The Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008 amended Part 3A of the Public Order Act 1986. The amended Part 3A adds, for England and Wales, the offence of inciting hatred on the ground of sexual orientation. All the offences in Part 3 attach to the following acts: the use of words or behaviour or display of written material, publishing or distributing written material, the public performance of a play, distributing, showing or playing a recording, broadcasting or including a programme in a programme service, and possession of inflammatory material. In the circumstances of hatred based on religious belief or on sexual orientation, the relevant act (namely, words, behaviour, written material, or recordings, or programme) must be threatening and not just abusive or insulting.



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:54 pm

So I guess we can carry on throwing verbal brick bats at one another till doomsday...as long as no one actually "threatens"

HF...you're an arse.... Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Oh and section 5 of the 1986 act would not apply, since nothing on here appears to meet the requirement for "abusive" in the context of that part of the act......

one would be thown upon the reliance of what would the "reasonable person" think.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:04 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Actually by law KD mentor sassy and whoever else are discriminating us for our faith and calling us unchristian are breaking the law of this country .
wrong i am not discriminating you because of your faith its because your hateful spiteful bigots hiding behind a faith that you don`t even follow the scripture of that your so fond of posting and citing

and in your case the truth is its own defence

Christian my ass your no better than the KKK

and you have avoided 5 times to say what faith that is you claim Christian yet don`t or refuse to say what branch of Christianity because as i remember its acctualy one of the cult ones

so what branch of Christianity do you too low life`s believe

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:14 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

no i'm not, you are saying we are not Christian based on your opinion of what a Christian is and isn't, this church is just disregarding whole pieces of the bible because it suits them, they are calling themselves Christians but they are in reality just a cult...

No, you're saying that the things you do which go against the Bible aren't enough to make you non-Christian, but that accepting homosexuality would be enough to make someone non-Christian.

So what's the difference? Why do you get to continue to be a Christian despite your violations of the Bible, while claiming that gays and those who accept them cannot be Christians?


even if they were straight, like many lds and jw's are, i still wouldn't say they are Christians, it is because they are not following bible teaching that makes them non Christian, they are in fact a cult just like the lds or jw's...


I guess you're just going to keep ducking my question, then. It's OK, I imagine it makes you uncomfortable.

_________________
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."

-Maya Angelou
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22711
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:16 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:



Most amusing les... but my point still stands!


Not trying to oppress anyones rights, you are as free to practice whatever sexually deviant behaviour you choose as I am free to disagree with it and think of it as I choose... oh, no, wait a minute..  I'm not free to disagree with it any more, am I...!?


No... because this is now deemed 'incorrect' and 'bigoted' and 'homophobic' and 'discriminatory' and 'denying others "equality"'... etc... and even punishable by law!!!

So I guess the police will be around to arrest you any minute now?


The police would rather be arresting me for voicing my opinion than arresting anyone voicing a pro homosexual opinion all day long!!!


With the pro homosexual brigade in the background loudly shouting support for their rights to freedom of opinion while also actively shouting loudly in support for the removal of my rights to freedom of opinion!!!


All in the name of 'equality' mind...!!!




So how horrible are the British police? Because you just keep spouting your bigoted nonsense here, unless you're in jail and they let you get online ...

_________________
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."

-Maya Angelou
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22711
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:31 pm

also

unless your names are in fact heavenlyfather or vicar of dibley, you do not have the same protection under law...

see your "avatars" on here are not "natural persons" and thus have no rights under law....





Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:37 pm

mentor wrote:also

unless your names are in fact heavenlyfather or vicar of dibley, you do not have the same protection under law...

see your "avatars" on here are not "natural persons" and thus have no rights under law....





scripture
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven” (Matthew 23:9)
(yet his user name does just that )

obviously this going to hell as he ignores the scripture he claims to follow

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Eilzel on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:46 am

Tommy, another point is you want to ban gay marriages, adoption rights for gay couples and stop homosexuality being discussed as in any way positive in school by reintroducing section 28. You actively want to restrict my rights as a gay man and those of other gay people.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:54 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

under the circumstances i think we keep pretty calm, I don't think many posters take as much flak as we do and keep as calm... we could do better but we are not perfect but it is a mile of difference between falling short of your opinion of what a Christian should and shouldn't be and a group missing huge clumps of the bible out because they don;t fit with what they want...

So that makes you better than gay people who identify as Christians, and gives you the right to say they're not?

the word says if you are not for then you are against, they so clearly go directly against the word and it's teachings....

At what point do you still belong to a group if you do not keep the basic rules of that group...

LOL it also says if you don't go to church you go to hell

IT also Specifically forbid interpreting the bible your self
Both of which you admit to doing to a REAL Bible believing christian You are no more a Christan than a gay man they think you are going to hell because the bible says what your doign is against god

Hebrews 10:25

not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Attending-Church

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15889
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:43 am

veya_victaous wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

the word says if you are not for then you are against, they so clearly go directly against the word and it's teachings....

At what point do you still belong to a group if you do not keep the basic rules of that group...

LOL it also says if you don't go to church you go to hell

IT also Specifically forbid interpreting the bible your self
Both of which you admit to doing to a REAL Bible believing christian You are no more a Christan than a gay man they think you are going to hell because the bible says what your doign is against god

Hebrews 10:25

not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Attending-Church

no it doesn't , the church is not a building it is the gathering of believers Laughing

The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia which is defined as “an assembly” or “called-out ones.” Laughing


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:58 am

mentor wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:Physical or verbal abuse because of religion or belief

It's a criminal offence to attack you because of your religion or belief, or because of your lack of religion. This includes both physical and verbal abuse.

Someone is also committing a criminal offence if they stir up hatred of a particular religious group. For example, if they publish or distribute racist information or information designed to stir up religious hatred.

If one of these criminal offences is committed against you or your family, you should report it to the police.

For more information about crimes involving physical and verbal abuse because of your religion, see Racially and religiously motivated attacks.

For more information about Hate crime see Hate crime.

if I were you I'd look carefully in the mirror....

besides criticising someone for being a dick, even in the guise of a religious belief isnt covered.....

the pages of "gender hatred" you have posted would sink you......


which tells you something then , that you lez and the other numpties on here are equally guilty of breaking the law so why not stop your campaign of trying to make Christians feel guilty for voicing their opinion i think the hatred is sickening from you and KD and Ben and others , yet you have the cheek to tell me and my husband that we are homophobic which is a bloody laugh , I had never come across such bigotry and Christianphobic attitude until i started posting on skyforum and various other forums where you lot are . You are a just a few bigots though gathering together in a small group trying to force me and my husband to accept homosexuality and gay marriage, don't you understand the meaning of freedom of thought and speech , how would you like it if there was a law passed that said ' until you have attended a mosque a temple a church or synagogue for ten years and listened to all the different faiths you cannot choose to be atheist or druid ' why should you have freedom of thought and we can't , why should you be able to dictate to others that they must accept gays and gay marriage just because you do ????????

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Eilzel on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:06 am

If you and HF didn't go on endlessly about gay people being perverts and Muslims being savage then there wouldn't be such conflict.

You have the right to not accept homosexuality, but you do not have the right to constantly hammer the fact you think gay people are perverts and abnormal.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:11 am

Eilzel wrote:If you and HF didn't go on endlessly about gay people being perverts and Muslims being savage then there wouldn't be such conflict.

You have the right to not accept homosexuality, but you do not have the right to constantly hammer the fact you think gay people are perverts and abnormal.

If the forum members are fair i would agree with that , but i won't sit here and glorify islam and moslems when they are blowing people up and shooting British tourists on a beach , you may think that wonderful but i do not .

Are you going to tell sassy about her endless Israel and anti-Christian threads she posts up all the time ?

I haven't called you a pervert .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:19 am

Eilzel wrote:If you and HF didn't go on endlessly about gay people being perverts and Muslims being savage then there wouldn't be such conflict.

You have the right to not accept homosexuality, but you do not have the right to constantly hammer the fact you think gay people are perverts and abnormal.

So as long as we agree with everything you agree with every thing would be fine...

well that's good isn't it...

welcome to equality and the acceptance of diversity in the world of nazi, bigot les... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Eilzel on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:23 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Eilzel wrote:If you and HF didn't go on endlessly about gay people being perverts and Muslims being savage then there wouldn't be such conflict.

You have the right to not accept homosexuality, but you do not have the right to constantly hammer the fact you think gay people are perverts and abnormal.

If the forum members are fair i would agree with that , but i won't sit here and glorify islam and moslems when they are blowing people up and shooting British tourists on a beach , you may think that wonderful but i do not .

Are you going to tell sassy about her endless Israel and anti-Christian threads she posts up all the time ?

I haven't called you a pervert .

But you have called me abnormal and unnatural and haven't exactly challenged HF's pervert slurs.

And no one is asking you to glorify Islam (it is a religion, hardly something with many fans here lol).

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:26 am

Why should i tell my husband how to think , we have our opinions . The problem is that deep down you and the others are pissed right off because you are powerless to force us to accept gays and gay marriage as normal , there i said it not normal .

As Christians we do not accept it as normal because that is not how God intended but you won't accept this because you don't believe the bible or God but WE DO , don't you get that ?
Why should we change the way we believe just to make you accepted ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:27 am

veya_victaous wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

the word says if you are not for then you are against, they so clearly go directly against the word and it's teachings....

At what point do you still belong to a group if you do not keep the basic rules of that group...

LOL it also says if you don't go to church you go to hell

IT also Specifically forbid interpreting the bible your self
Both of which you admit to doing to a REAL Bible believing christian You are no more a Christan than a gay man they think you are going to hell because the bible says what your doign is against god

Hebrews 10:25

not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Attending-Church


it says do not forsake the gathering, when believers meet, that is the gathering, it does not have to be in a church..lol

absolute basics these.... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:30 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Why should i tell my husband how to think , we have our opinions . The problem is that deep down you and the others are pissed right off because you are powerless to force us to accept gays and gay marriage as normal , there i said it not normal .

As Christians we do not accept it as normal because that is not how God intended but you won't accept this because you don't believe the bible or God but WE DO , don't you get that ?
Why should we change the way we believe just to make you accepted ?

that is the problem in a nutshell, that is why equality is furthest from their agenda, they don't want anyone to have or voice their opinion you just have to repeat they gay rhetoric... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Eilzel on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:39 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Why should i tell my husband how to think , we have our opinions . The problem is that deep down you and the others are pissed right off because you are powerless to force us to accept gays and gay marriage as normal , there i said it not normal .

As Christians we do not accept it as normal because that is not how God intended but you won't accept this because you don't believe the bible or God but WE DO , don't you get that ?
Why should we change the way we believe just to make you accepted ?

No I'm not pissed off, I am just sad that your husband came back to ruin the place Smile

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:51 am

Eilzel wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:Why should i tell my husband how to think , we have our opinions . The problem is that deep down you and the others are pissed right off because you are powerless to force us to accept gays and gay marriage as normal , there i said it not normal .

As Christians we do not accept it as normal because that is not how God intended but you won't accept this because you don't believe the bible or God but WE DO , don't you get that ?
Why should we change the way we believe just to make you accepted ?

No I'm not pissed off, I am just sad that your husband came back to ruin the place Smile

by ruin you mean not agree with homosexuality??

here's a shocker, you say I am on ignore, so leave it that way, if you don't like a thread don't post on it or read it...

If there is something on tv I bet you sit through the whole program just so you can moan how terrible it was, turn the channel over if you don't like it, it's far easier than moaning about everything... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:35 am

Guys how about you try and get points across without using harsh words or similes? That might help.

You don't have to agree but you can respect each other.

_________________
Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30936
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:47 am

I was last night to be honest edds..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Eilzel wrote:Tommy, another point is you want to ban gay marriages, adoption rights for gay couples and stop homosexuality being discussed as in any way positive in school by reintroducing section 28. You actively want to restrict my rights as a gay man and those of other gay people.


I believe marriage is between a man and a woman, as a man you have the same rights to marry a woman as I do... adoption is not a right and a child should only be placed in as much a normal and natural home environment as possible with a mother and a father, placing an innocent and vulnerable child with a couple of homosexuals is not in the child's best interest at all... section 28 was a good thing to prevent the promotion of homosexuality in schools as it is not the duty or responsibility of any school to be teaching any sexually deviant practice and certainly not teaching it as normal, natural or right.

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18327
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Eilzel on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:03 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Tommy, another point is you want to ban gay marriages, adoption rights for gay couples and stop homosexuality being discussed as in any way positive in school by reintroducing section 28. You actively want to restrict my rights as a gay man and those of other gay people.


I believe marriage is between a man and a woman, as a man you have the same rights to marry a woman as I do... adoption is not a right and a child should only be placed in as much a normal and natural home environment as possible with a mother and a father, placing an innocent and vulnerable child with a couple of homosexuals is not in the child's best interest at all... section 28 was a good thing to prevent the promotion of homosexuality in schools as it is not the duty or responsibility of any school to be teaching any sexually deviant practice and certainly not teaching it as normal, natural or right.

Heard all that before, ultimately it comes down to YOU wanting to restrict MY rights- your reasons are beside the point. It isn't just a difference of opinion- it is you wanting to impact on my life negatively.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:04 pm

spot on Tommy..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:16 pm

You have the right to pursue your sexually deviant practice as you choose but not to inflict that onto anyone else with the false promotion of the idea that it is normal, natural or right...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18327
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:21 pm



Tommy Monk wrote:You have the right to pursue your sexually deviant practice as you choose but not to inflict that onto anyone else with the false promotion of the idea that it is normal, natural or right...



I keep hearing this "deviant" word
Have you no deviant leanings Tommy? No whips, chains, butt plugs, pissing on someone.....?

I am being serious too.

_________________
Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30936
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Eilzel on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:23 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:You have the right to pursue your sexually deviant practice as you choose but not to inflict that onto anyone else with the false promotion of the idea that it is normal, natural or right...



Sorry dude, most of the western world disagrees thesedays. I have my rights now, nothing you can do about that Smile

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:24 pm

eddie wrote:

Tommy Monk wrote:You have the right to pursue your sexually deviant practice as you choose but not to inflict that onto anyone else with the false promotion of the idea that it is normal, natural or right...



I keep hearing this "deviant" word
Have you no deviant leanings Tommy? No whips, chains, butt plugs, pissing on someone.....?

I am being serious too.

cyclops

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28542
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:28 pm

eddie wrote:

Tommy Monk wrote:You have the right to pursue your sexually deviant practice as you choose but not to inflict that onto anyone else with the false promotion of the idea that it is normal, natural or right...



I keep hearing this "deviant" word
Have you no deviant leanings Tommy? No whips, chains, butt plugs, pissing on someone.....?

I am being serious too.


No... should all that be taught in schools as normal, natural and right too...!?


Along with all the other sick and sordid depravity out there...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18327
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episcopalian Church votes overwhelmingly in favor of performing same-sex weddings

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:34 pm

Erm no, we don't teach children about blowjobs but they'll end up either giving or recieving them one day!


So really, you have no "dirty" little ideas in your head?

I'm not knocking you, please believe me, but is your idea of sexual intercourse missionary and perhaps doggy style too?

Because there's nothing wrong with treating sex like a glorious fairground ride!

_________________
Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30936
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum