Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Israel has a pathological disregard for the humanity of Palestinians and you can't use human shields against an enemy that doesn't recognise you as human.

WHAT does it mean to use human shields? Employed by the Germans and Japanese in the Second World War, the tactic is premised on an underlying trust in your enemy’s humanity. It appeals to the compassion and mercy of the combatant that they not slaughter the innocent in order to avenge their target.

The ‘shield’ is not the human bodies surrounding the ‘guilty’ party, the shield is the clemency that mankind instinctively affords the innocent. The shield evaporates only when confronted by an enemy who is not merely a fellow solder locked in a power battle, but a psychopath unconcerned with the pain of others.

Such is the case with Hamas. They are faced with an enemy who is willing to obliterate pregnant women, babies, kids, handicapped people, schools and crowded hospitals in order to smash their target. The Israelis repeatedly demonstrate a pathological disregard for any life that is not a Jewish life, and it is for this reason alone, that Hamas are utterly incapable of ever using ‘human shields.’

However, Netanyahu, pro Israeli media and Zionist supporters can’t resist endlessly recycling their trope that Hamas use civilians to guard their rockets. They are clearly flummoxed as to why this assertion does nothing to quell the snowballing international outrage at the massacres they are committing. Their argument attempts to plant in our minds the notion that Hamas actively invite the Israeli military to slaughter and maim innocents and, in doing so, prove that their savagery deserves to be annihilated.

Paradoxically therefore, according to the twisted logic of Zionists, the more innocent Palestinians that die, the worse the Palestinians are. As a collective they are guilty of being innocent.

But this propaganda ploy doesn’t work. Not only does it not work, it boomerangs completely. Every time a Zionist apologist repeats their ‘human shield’ accusations they merely advertise their own deficit of basic humanity. They tell us ‘Hamas think we have empathy for our fellow human beings, but if you look at the casualty figures, you’ll see how mistaken they are.’

The other issues at play here are the rights of the Palestinians to defend themselves and the pragmatics of warfare in a refugee camp. Israel is extremely fond of telling the world that they have the right to defend themselves. They enjoy a nuclear arsenal, cutting edge American weaponry and the formidable Iron Dome technology.

Yet, although Israel constantly brags about its own egalitarian credentials, for some reason Israel refuses to grant the Palestinian people this same intrinsic right to defense that it demands for itself.

Palestinians are not allowed to protect themselves. They are not allowed to fight. Instead we are invited to imagine that it is somehow acceptable for the Palestinians to have no weaponry whatsoever, no army, no solders, no rights. We are lead to believe that the only way for Palestinians to prove their integrity, is to lie down like lambs and quietly live out the unspeakably miserable lives of squalor, poverty and despair that Israel has designed for them. In short, Israel wishes the Palestinians were suicidal but, inconveniently, they keep proving to us that they are not.

Obviously asking a people to passively embrace their own ethnic cleansing is implausible. One would hope that the Jews, more than anyone, might be capable of grasping such a fundamental truth – but sadly not. Given then, that the people of Gaza, like any other human beings, have right to defense, where exactly should they store their weapons? In the rolling valleys and tumbling hills of Haraat al-Daraj? Amid the fauna-filled acres of Shuja’iyya?

Gaza is home to approximately 1.8 million people, it is 25 miles long by 5 to 7 miles wide and sealed by both an Egyptian and Israeli blockade. It is the most crowded open air prison on earth. The only place to feasibly store weapons is inevitably in the proximity of the people forced to live there cheek by jowl.

Israel has now ordered some 43% of the territory to be evacuated. But where to? The Kafka-esque request to insist people go, knowing there is nowhere to go to, is clearly there to benefit Israeli PR, not save lives. And it doesn’t fool anyone. There are currently hundreds of thousands of displaced. The schools that have opened to receive those fleeing are already overflowing and Palestinians that endured the bombings of schools during Operation Cast Lead, know that even a so-called ‘refuge’ can not guarantee safety.

Let’s be clear: the only people putting the Palestinians in danger are the Israelis. The only people killing innocent people are the Israelis. Hamas may not be the party that the chattering classes of the West would want to govern them, but they are democratically elected and they have as much right as Israel, Britain, France and America to fight against an oppressor that quite literally wants to ‘wipe them off the map.’

They face a tough job, but one thing they can’t do is use human shields against an enemy that doesn’t recognise them as human.


Sarah Gillespie is a writer and musician living in London. She can be reached through her website: www.sarahgillespie.com

Source: Counterpunch

http://stopwar.org.uk/news/whatever-israel-says-the-use-of-human-shields-in-gaza-is-impossible

Well said that girl.

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7719
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:36 pm

How true, would be a waste of time to use civilians as human shields as they know Israel would kill them anyway.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:24 am

Hilarious.

So why is it IRN that Hamas has been found out storing weapons in civilian areas including schools?

Why is it that they have built no bomb shelters?

Why is it they command civilians to stay after being warned by Israel.,

Now unlike you I do not even have to use poor tactics to denounce the writer, who is just a musician I just have simple damning evidence evidence.

Nothing worse than terrorists apologists lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:27 am

I agree, nothing worse than a terrorist apologist like you. You don't give a fuck how many children are burned with white phosphorus etc, you will go on licking the boots of Israeli occupiers and terrorists.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:33 am

So no answers to my points.


http://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/press-releases/unrwa-condemns-placement-rockets-second-time-one-its-schools

That is the point Sassy, I do actually care about civillian lives which as seen Hamas uses as cannon fodder for its PR machine and atno point do you condemn the actions it deliberately takes.

Again why no bomb shelters.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t10267-hamas-used-civilians-as-human-shields-during-the-2014-gaza-war


At every turn you excuse Hamas

At least I recognise possible war crimes by Israel, yet you are silent on crimes by Hamas


That makes you a terrorist apologist

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:35 am

Whether you care or not is beside the point, Israel doesn't, or it would not be killing thousands of civilians and sitting on hill tops cheering about it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:36 am

You do realise Hamas is no longer in charge of Gaza, and hasn't been for a year?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:37 am

There you go again ignoring the evidence against Hamas and not once condemning them

What a terrorist apologist you are.

You have no comprehension of the rules of engagement.

You just see body counts and never question as to how they come about. I show you evidence and you just stick your fingers in your ears and go la la la la la la la la la.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:37 am

sassy wrote:You do realise Hamas is no longer in charge of Gaza, and hasn't been for a year?


News to me, but again what a deflection, they certainly were during the conflict in 2014

That has to be the poorest excuse yet you have made

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:39 am

They have not been in charge since 2nd June 2014

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:40 am

sassy wrote:They have not been in charge since 2nd June 2014


Really, based on Peter Pan?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:43 am


Oh come on Didge, you are always telling me you know about Palestine (ha ha), you must know what I am talking about.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:45 am

sassy wrote:
Oh come on Didge, you are always telling me you know about Palestine (ha ha), you must know what I am talking about.


That Tinkerbell used her fairy dust on you to make you fly?

Yes you must know and the majority of the world does not know ha ha ha ha ha

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:47 am

Cuchulain wrote:
sassy wrote:
Oh come on Didge, you are always telling me you know about Palestine (ha ha), you must know what I am talking about.


That Tinkerbell used her fairy dust on you to make you fly?

Yes you must know and the majority of the world does not know ha ha ha ha ha

Oh come one, you must know, you being such an expert after all, and yes, the rest of the world knows as well.   Netanyahu didn't like it one bit, in fact it scared him so much it was probably the reason he bombed Gaza.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:48 am

sassy wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


That Tinkerbell used her fairy dust on you to make you fly?

Yes you must know and the majority of the world does not know ha ha ha ha ha

Oh come one, you must know, you being such and expert after all, and yes, the rest of the world knows as well.   Netanyahu didn't like it one bit, in fact it scared him so much it was probably the reason he bombed Gaza.


Sorry did you meet captain hook as well lol

I suppose you think ISIS is now in control


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:49 am

Cuchulain wrote:Hilarious.

So why is it IRN that Hamas has been found out storing weapons in civilian areas including schools?

Why is it that they have built no bomb shelters?

Why is it they command civilians to stay after being warned by Israel.,

Now unlike you I do not even have to use poor tactics to denounce the writer, who is just a musician I just have simple damning evidence evidence.

Nothing worse than terrorists apologists lol

How many bomb shelters do you think they would need. It's a very small place and anyway Israeli military just bomb anyway with disregard of how may have to die.

Where is the evidence that Hamas 'command' civilians to stay? The EU report and Amnesty International found no evidence that they were commanded.

Jeez you really are a mouthpiece for Netanyahu's rag time army of apologists for what they do

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7719
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:51 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Hilarious.

So why is it IRN that Hamas has been found out storing weapons in civilian areas including schools?

Why is it that they have built no bomb shelters?

Why is it they command civilians to stay after being warned by Israel.,

Now unlike you I do not even have to use poor tactics to denounce the writer, who is just a musician I just have simple damning evidence evidence.

Nothing worse than terrorists apologists lol

How many bomb shelters do you think they would need. It's a very small place and anyway Israeli military just bomb anyway with disregard of how may have to die.

Where is the evidence that Hamas 'command' civilians to stay? The EU report and Amnesty International found no evidence that they were commanded.

Jeez you really are a mouthpiece for Netanyahu's rag time army of apologists for what they do


Point 1) There are none, well you could count the tunnels they use to attack Israel but they do not allow civilians to use them. The point is it builds none to protect its people. That shows no due care for the people

Posted above:


Hamas demanded Palestinians stay in their homes
despite Israel’s warnings the houses would be bombed
 
Hamas glorified Martyrdom for Allah
and presented death in the war as “a privilege”
 
Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik
 
In response to the United Nations Independent Commission of Inquiry report which cites that the high number of Palestinian civilians killed during the 2014 Gaza war indicates that “possible war crimes” were committed by Israel, Palestinian Media Watch is re-publicizing the PMW reports released during the war, documenting that Hamas actively used civilians as human shields.
 
PMW’s documentation explicitly showed that Hamas openly and intentionally demanded that civilians ignore Israel’s warnings prior to bombings of areas in which there were civilians. Instead, Hamas insisted they endanger their lives and even welcome death, so that Hamas could use them as human shields for their fighters and rocket launching positions.
 
When Israel warned Palestinians who lived near the Israeli border in the Northern Gaza Strip, an area from which Hamas launched long-range missiles, to evacuate their homes to areas of safety before Israel would bomb the launching sites, Hamas told civilians to remain in their homes in spite of the danger.






“We call on our Palestinian people, particularly the residents of northwest Gaza, not to obey what is written in the pamphlets distributed by the Israeli occupation army. We call on them to remain in their homes and disregard the demands to leave, however serious the threat may be.” [Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), July 14, 2014]
 
Click to view
 
Hamas’ spokesman at the time, Sami Abu Zuhri, called on Palestinians to “oppose the Israeli fighter planes with their bodies alone” which he said had “proven an effective method” against “the occupation.” [Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), July 8, 2014]




Click to view
 
To support the policy of using civilians as human shields, Hamas TV presented [size=14]dead civilians as being privileged to have died
 this way, achieving Shahada - Martyrdom:










"These people [Gaza civilians killed in war] - their time had come, and they were martyred. They have gained [Paradise]... Don't be disturbed by these images... He who is Martyred doesn't feel... His soul has ascended to Allah." [Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), July 20, 2014]
 
Click to view
 
Warning: Graphic Images in video 

To scare Israelis and possibly boost Palestinian morale, Hamas TV broadcast statements by two senior Hamas leaders, both emphasizing that
Palestinians "love death for Allah":










Similarly, Hamas TV chose to broadcast a speech by a Kuwaiti Muslim Brotherhood leader who addressed Gaza civilians, reiterating that Martyrdom for Allah is "the highest wish":
 
“We are not afraid of Martyrdom. Not long ago, you cried out loud: 'Death for Allah is our most exalted wish!' (Muslim Brotherhood slogan, -Ed.) You received the death you wanted." [Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), Aug. 1, 2014]

Click to view

 
Click to see additional PMW reports from the 2014 Gaza war.


Whereas Israel tried to protect the lives of Palestinian civilians in the war, Hamas openly and intentionally endangered them, causing many civilian deaths among Palestinians.





http://www.palwatch.org/main.aspx?fi=157&doc_id=15070
[/size]

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:51 am

My word Didge, you are showing your ignorance.   Don't you ever claim you know anything about Palestine again, I simply can't get over your ignorance.  You think that I'm joking.  It's knowledge you should have at your fingertips.  From now on I know you are talking our of your behind when you are discussing Palestine, what a total ignoramus.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:52 am

Like I say, you two are the worst apologists for Islamic terrorism and fail to even understand martyrdom or Islam.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:53 am

sassy wrote:My word Didge, you are showing your ignorance.   Don't you ever claim you know anything about Palestine again, I simply can't get over your ignorance.  You think that I'm joking.  It's knowledge you should have at your fingertips.  From now on I know you are talking our of your behind when you are discussing Palestine, what a total ignoramus.


Yeah you do come out with plenty of waffle as why is it then the UN has also claimed Hamas committed war crimes in the last conflict. Blimey even the UN do not know what you are talking about Sassy.
What ever you are smoking it must be good

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:53 am

So, why isn't Hamas in power Didge, and why do you keep excusing Israeli atrocities?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:54 am

Cuchulain wrote:
sassy wrote:My word Didge, you are showing your ignorance.   Don't you ever claim you know anything about Palestine again, I simply can't get over your ignorance.  You think that I'm joking.  It's knowledge you should have at your fingertips.  From now on I know you are talking our of your behind when you are discussing Palestine, what a total ignoramus.


Yeah you do come out with plenty of waffle as why is it then the UN has also claimed Hamas committed war crimes in the last conflict. Blimey even the UN do not know what you are talking about Sassy.
What ever you are smoking it must be good

We are not talking about Hamas fighting, we are talking about Hamas not being in government. So, you say you know what your are talking about, so why aren't they in government?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:55 am

sassy wrote:So, why isn't Hamas in power Didge, and why do you keep excusing Israeli atrocities?


Hamas are in control of Gaza Sassy.
I do not excuse Israel and in fact recognise they could very well be guilty of at least one war crime which I have stated before. You though at no point condemn Hamas
Keep smoking the crack love

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:56 am

sassy wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


Yeah you do come out with plenty of waffle as why is it then the UN has also claimed Hamas committed war crimes in the last conflict. Blimey even the UN do not know what you are talking about Sassy.
What ever you are smoking it must be good

We are not talking about Hamas fighting, we are talking about Hamas not being in government.  So, you say you know what your are talking about, so why aren't they in government?


I am saying you are smoking crack.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:57 am

Cuchulain wrote:
sassy wrote:So, why isn't Hamas in power Didge, and why do you keep excusing Israeli atrocities?


Hamas are in control of Gaza Sassy.
I do not excuse Israel and in fact recognise they could very well be guilty of at least one war crime which I have stated before. You though at no point condemn Hamas
Keep smoking the crack love

Nope didge, Hamas are not in control in Gaza, and the fact that your don't know that shows you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Educate yourself before you discuss Palestine, ignorance is not an excuse.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:58 am

sassy wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


Hamas are in control of Gaza Sassy.
I do not excuse Israel and in fact recognise they could very well be guilty of at least one war crime which I have stated before. You though at no point condemn Hamas
Keep smoking the crack love

Nope didge, Hamas are not in control in Gaza, and the fact that your don't know that shows you don't know what the hell you are talking about.  Educate yourself before you discuss Palestine, ignorance is not an excuse.



Sassy, so you keep claiming yet offer no evidence from any Goverment that recognizes someone else in charge in Gaza. What next are you going to say Israel is?



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:03 am

The Palestinian unity government of 2014 is a national and political union formed on 2 June 2014 under Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas. The new government was formed after an agreement between the Fatah and Hamas parties. Before the agreement, there were two separate governments, one ruled by Fatah in the West Bank and the other by Hamas in the Gaza Strip. The European Union, the United Nations, the United States, China, India, Russia and Turkey all agreed to work with it.[1][2][3][4] The Israeli government condemned the unity government because it views Hamas as a terrorist organization.[5][6] The Palestinian unity government first convened in Gaza on 9 October 2014 to discuss the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip following the 2014 Israel–Gaza conflict.

(Hamas agreed to not have any members as government officials to show that they were helping the peace initiative)

Members of cabinet
Name Office Party
Rami Hamdallah Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior Fatah
Ziad Abu-Amr Minister of Culture and Deputy Prime Minister Independent
Muhammad Mustafa Minister of National Economy and Deputy Prime Minister
Shukri Bishara Minister of Finance and Minister for Planning
Riyad al-Maliki Minister of Foreign Affairs Independent (Ex. PFLP)
Salim al-Saqqa Minister of Justice
Adnan al-Husayni Minister for Jerusalem Affairs
Rula Maaya Minister of Tourism and Antiquities
Jawad Qutaish Minister of Health
Khawla al-Shakhsheer Minister of Education and Higher Education
Allam Said Musa Minister of Information and Communication Technology and Minister of Transport and Communications
Muhammad Salim al-Hasania Minister of Public Works and Housing
Shawki Aleessa Minister of Agriculture and Minister of Social Affairs
Haifa al-Agha Minister of Women's Affairs
Maumoon Abdul Hadi Hassan Abu Shahla Minister of Labour
Nayef Abu-Khalaf Minister of Local Government
Yusuf Ismail Al-Sheikh Minister of Awqaf and Religious Affairs
Ali Mahmoud Abdullah Abu-Diak Secretary-General of the Cabinet (Rank of Minister)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_unity_government_of_2014




Netanyahu was furious because it showed Hamas were serious about peace, and he doesn't want peace, he wants Palestine.   Within a few days (12 June) he started bombing.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:05 am

Deflection - you are ignorant.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:06 am

So you claimed Hamas was not in control.
You were talking out of your arse sassy as easily seen

Sigh, the problem with commies is they are so utterly deluded

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:07 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Hilarious.

So why is it IRN that Hamas has been found out storing weapons in civilian areas including schools?

Why is it that they have built no bomb shelters?

Why is it they command civilians to stay after being warned by Israel.,

Now unlike you I do not even have to use poor tactics to denounce the writer, who is just a musician I just have simple damning evidence evidence.

Nothing worse than terrorists apologists lol

How many bomb shelters do you think they would need. It's a very small place and anyway Israeli military just bomb anyway with disregard of how may have to die.

Where is the evidence that Hamas 'command' civilians to stay? The EU report and Amnesty International found no evidence that they were commanded.

Jeez you really are a mouthpiece for Netanyahu's rag time army of apologists for what they do


Point 1) There are none, well you could count the tunnels they use to attack Israel but they do not allow civilians to use them. The point is it builds none to protect its people. That shows no due care for the people

Posted above:


Hamas demanded Palestinians stay in their homes
despite Israel’s warnings the houses would be bombed
 
Hamas glorified Martyrdom for Allah
and presented death in the war as “a privilege”
 
Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik
 
In response to the United Nations Independent Commission of Inquiry report which cites that the high number of Palestinian civilians killed during the 2014 Gaza war indicates that “possible war crimes” were committed by Israel, Palestinian Media Watch is re-publicizing the PMW reports released during the war, documenting that Hamas actively used civilians as human shields.
 
PMW’s documentation explicitly showed that Hamas openly and intentionally demanded that civilians ignore Israel’s warnings prior to bombings of areas in which there were civilians. Instead, Hamas insisted they endanger their lives and even welcome death, so that Hamas could use them as human shields for their fighters and rocket launching positions.
 
When Israel warned Palestinians who lived near the Israeli border in the Northern Gaza Strip, an area from which Hamas launched long-range missiles, to evacuate their homes to areas of safety before Israel would bomb the launching sites, Hamas told civilians to remain in their homes in spite of the danger.






“We call on our Palestinian people, particularly the residents of northwest Gaza, not to obey what is written in the pamphlets distributed by the Israeli occupation army. We call on them to remain in their homes and disregard the demands to leave, however serious the threat may be.” [Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), July 14, 2014]
 
Click to view
 
Hamas’ spokesman at the time, Sami Abu Zuhri, called on Palestinians to “oppose the Israeli fighter planes with their bodies alone” which he said had “proven an effective method” against “the occupation.” [Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), July 8, 2014]




Click to view
 
To support the policy of using civilians as human shields, Hamas TV presented [size=14]dead civilians as being privileged to have died
 this way, achieving Shahada - Martyrdom:










"These people [Gaza civilians killed in war] - their time had come, and they were martyred. They have gained [Paradise]... Don't be disturbed by these images... He who is Martyred doesn't feel... His soul has ascended to Allah." [Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), July 20, 2014]
 
Click to view
 
Warning: Graphic Images in video 

To scare Israelis and possibly boost Palestinian morale, Hamas TV broadcast statements by two senior Hamas leaders, both emphasizing that Palestinians "love death for Allah":










Similarly, Hamas TV chose to broadcast a speech by a Kuwaiti Muslim Brotherhood leader who addressed Gaza civilians, reiterating that Martyrdom for Allah is "the highest wish":
 
“We are not afraid of Martyrdom. Not long ago, you cried out loud: 'Death for Allah is our most exalted wish!' (Muslim Brotherhood slogan, -Ed.) You received the death you wanted." [Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), Aug. 1, 2014]

Click to view

 
Click to see additional PMW reports from the 2014 Gaza war.


Whereas Israel tried to protect the lives of Palestinian civilians in the war, Hamas openly and intentionally endangered them, causing many civilian deaths among Palestinians.





http://www.palwatch.org/main.aspx?fi=157&doc_id=15070
[/size]

There is no evidence from independent sources that Hamas 'commanded' civilians to stay. The EU and Amnesty International found no evidence that they did that.

You keep scrathing around all these RW Zionist sites all you want but the evidence from more depentable sources says otherwise.

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7719
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:07 am

sassy wrote:Deflection - you are ignorant.


That is what is defined as a deflection.


You claimed Hamas was not in control, that is telling porkies

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:10 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:


Point 1) There are none, well you could count the tunnels they use to attack Israel but they do not allow civilians to use them. The point is it builds none to protect its people. That shows no due care for the people

Posted above:


Hamas demanded Palestinians stay in their homes
despite Israel’s warnings the houses would be bombed
 
Hamas glorified Martyrdom for Allah
and presented death in the war as “a privilege”
 
Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik
 
In response to the United Nations Independent Commission of Inquiry report which cites that the high number of Palestinian civilians killed during the 2014 Gaza war indicates that “possible war crimes” were committed by Israel, Palestinian Media Watch is re-publicizing the PMW reports released during the war, documenting that Hamas actively used civilians as human shields.
 
PMW’s documentation explicitly showed that Hamas openly and intentionally demanded that civilians ignore Israel’s warnings prior to bombings of areas in which there were civilians. Instead, Hamas insisted they endanger their lives and even welcome death, so that Hamas could use them as human shields for their fighters and rocket launching positions.
 
When Israel warned Palestinians who lived near the Israeli border in the Northern Gaza Strip, an area from which Hamas launched long-range missiles, to evacuate their homes to areas of safety before Israel would bomb the launching sites, Hamas told civilians to remain in their homes in spite of the danger.






“We call on our Palestinian people, particularly the residents of northwest Gaza, not to obey what is written in the pamphlets distributed by the Israeli occupation army. We call on them to remain in their homes and disregard the demands to leave, however serious the threat may be.” [Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), July 14, 2014]
 
Click to view
 
Hamas’ spokesman at the time, Sami Abu Zuhri, called on Palestinians to “oppose the Israeli fighter planes with their bodies alone” which he said had “proven an effective method” against “the occupation.” [Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), July 8, 2014]




Click to view
 
To support the policy of using civilians as human shields, Hamas TV presented [size=14]dead civilians as being privileged to have died
 this way, achieving Shahada - Martyrdom:










"These people [Gaza civilians killed in war] - their time had come, and they were martyred. They have gained [Paradise]... Don't be disturbed by these images... He who is Martyred doesn't feel... His soul has ascended to Allah." [Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), July 20, 2014]
 
Click to view
 
Warning: Graphic Images in video 

To scare Israelis and possibly boost Palestinian morale, Hamas TV broadcast statements by two senior Hamas leaders, both emphasizing that Palestinians "love death for Allah":










Similarly, Hamas TV chose to broadcast a speech by a Kuwaiti Muslim Brotherhood leader who addressed Gaza civilians, reiterating that Martyrdom for Allah is "the highest wish":
 
“We are not afraid of Martyrdom. Not long ago, you cried out loud: 'Death for Allah is our most exalted wish!' (Muslim Brotherhood slogan, -Ed.) You received the death you wanted." [Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), Aug. 1, 2014]

Click to view

 
Click to see additional PMW reports from the 2014 Gaza war.


Whereas Israel tried to protect the lives of Palestinian civilians in the war, Hamas openly and intentionally endangered them, causing many civilian deaths among Palestinians.





http://www.palwatch.org/main.aspx?fi=157&doc_id=15070
[/size]

There is no evidence from independent sources that Hamas 'commanded' civilians to stay. The EU and Amnesty International found no evidence that they did that.

You keep scrathing around all these RW Zionist sites all you want but the evidence from more depentable sources says otherwise.


Independent?
Oh my how poor an apologist are you.
Its there in black and white from them.
The EU?
So you are saying Memri is a zionist site are?

http://www.memri.org/

Which is where the Palestinian watch gets its videos

Still you offer no reason for bomb shelters and no excuse Hamas calling for its people to be cannon fodder.

Shocking is all I can say and then you say zionism, poor Irn

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:12 am

Didge, you didn't even know about it, and yes, independent. You are an ignorant fool, and you have showed tonight the depths of that ignorance.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:14 am

sassy wrote:Didge, you didn't even know about it, and yes, independent.  You are an ignorant fool, and you have showed tonight the depths of that ignorance.



All you can do is just keep offering the most poorest abuse sassy.
You claimed Hamas was not in charge of Gaza and even during the last conflict
That as seen was a complete lie

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:16 am

The last assault by Israel started on 12 June 2014. Hamas handed over power to the Unity Government on 2nd June 2014. Already put that, it seems you can't read as well as being ignorant.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:17 am

Handed over power?

Ha Ha Ha ha Ha

Talk about gullible.

Sorry now you are just embarrassing yourself sassy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:18 am

No Didge, you are. The sad thing is, you don't realise quite how much you are because of your total lack of knowledge. Pathetic.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:19 am

Political Hamas are not in control of Gaza. It's now a unity goverrnment and that is a fact.




_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7719
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:20 am

So more deflections onto me and nothing to counter my facts.

Seriously sassy, you are on brainwashed leftie

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:20 am

The Hamas government handed over power to a unity government on 2 June 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governance_of_the_Gaza_Strip

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:21 am

Irn Bru wrote:Political Hamas are not in control of Gaza. It's now a unity goverrnment and that is a fact.





Are you sure about that.
Guess you have not see what Abbas said?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:21 am

sassy wrote:The Hamas government handed over power to a unity government on 2 June 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governance_of_the_Gaza_Strip



Wiki?



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:23 am

You didn't know about it full stop. Netanyahu stopped them meeting until the October because he doesn't want unity. Abbas has said many things since, but legally the Unity Goverment is still the ruling power.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:25 am

sassy wrote:You didn't know about it full stop.  Netanyahu stopped them meeting until the October because he doesn't want unity.  Abbas has said many things since, but legally the Unity Goverment is still the ruling power.



Actually it shows how little you are in the know, because Hamas has been in peace talks with Israel the last couple of months.
They are more concerned about ISIS at the moment than anything else.
I keep very much up to date, clearly you do not

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:25 am

Palestinian unity government of Fatah and Hamas sworn in
Ceremony paves way for long-delayed elections in Gaza and West Bank, but US expresses concern about role of Hamas



After seven years of a bitter and at times lethalrivalry between the two main Palestinian factions, Fatah and Hamas, a historic Palestinian unity government has been sworn in , ending years of division.

The signing ceremony, which seems likely to complicate relations with the Palestinian Authority's international aid donors in Europe and the US and increase tensions with Israel, was broadcast live in Gaza and the West Bank.

Despite the US secretary of state, John Kerry, telephoning the Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas, to express "concern about Hamas's role in any such government" ahead of the ceremony, the US said on Monday night that it would work with the new government but that it would be "watching closely to ensure that it upholds principles that President Abbas reiterated today", State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said.

Israel, which suspended peace negotiations in April when a surprise reconciliation deal was signed opening the way to the appointment of the new government, reacted angrily to the deal. The prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, chairing a security cabinet following the signing, told ministers: "Today, Abu Mazen [as President Mahmoud Abbas is known] said yes to terrorism and no to peace."

The meeting voted to authorise Netanyahu to impose unspecified sanctions against the Palestinian Authority, adding that it would now hold the Palestinian Authority "responsible" for any attacks originating from the Gaza Strip.

Israel also said it would act – including in the international community –to prevent Palestinian elections taking place which included the participation of Hamas.

Abbas, who heads the mainstream Fatah movement, has said the 17- member cabinet would comprise unaffiliated ministers and would strive to pursue peace, despite Hamas's refusal to accept co-existence with Israel.

"Today, and after announcing the government of national unity, we declare the end of division that caused catastrophic harm to our cause," Abbas said.

The announcement of the new government, ending a long and debilitating political and territorial division in Palestinian affairs, opens the way for long-delayed Palestinian elections, slated for 2015.

The ceremony took place hours after Israeli jets struck the site of what they said were two rocket launches from Gaza.

The new government will reunite Gaza and the West Bank under a single political authority for the first time since 2007, when Hamas – which won Palestinian legislative elections in 2006 – asserted control over the Gaza Strip, forcing out Fatah.

Since then the West Bank has been governed by Abbas and Fatah and Gaza by Hamas, which is regarded as a terrorist group in many capitals.

The swearing-in ceremony in the West Bank city of Ramallah came Netanyahu appealed to the international community not to rush into recognising the new government, largely made up of technocrats.

Netanyahu hit out at European governments for condemning a shooting attack on the Jewish museum in Brussels but responding with "ambiguity" to reconciliation between Fatah and Hamas.

"It is puzzling to me that governments in Europe that strongly criticise this act of murder speak with ambiguity and even friendliness about a unity government with Hamas, a terror organisation that carries out crimes like these," he said.

In a sign of the potential difficulties ahead, Israel refused three Gaza-based ministers permission to travel to the West Bank for the swearing-in.

The ceremony took place after several last-minute wrangles that threatened to delay the signing, including over who would be foreign minister and an attempt by Abbas to abolish the post of prisoners' minister, which was opposed by Hamas.

That dispute was resolved after it was agreed that the prisoners would remain within the government portfolio and would be held by prime minister Rami Hamdallah.

According to a draft obtained by AFP, the new government will have five ministers from Gaza, and will be headed by Hamdallah, , who will also hold the interior portfolio.

Abbas has already pledged that the new administration will abide by the principles laid down by the Middle East peace quartet in that it will recognise Israel, reject violence and abide by existing agreements.

Briefing reporters a few hours before the signing ceremony, Israel's intelligence minister, Yuval Steinlitz, a close ally of Netanyahu, insisted that the deal reasserting the Palestinian Authority's governance over Gaza placed an obligation on Abbas to demilitarise the coastal strip as part of the Oslo peace agreement.

Israel claims that factions in Gaza have up to 12,000 missiles and rockets under their control. "Enough of these tricks," Netanyahu said. "If this new Palestinian government has regained sovereignty over Gaza the first thing that Abbas should do is announce he is starting demilitarisation of Gaza."


http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/02/palestinian-unity-government-sworn-in-fatah-hamas

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:26 am

Fatah-Hamas honeymoon is over


http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-article-display-1.asp?xfile=data/editorial/2015/June/editorial_June33.xml§ion=editorial

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:26 am

Cuchulain wrote:
sassy wrote:You didn't know about it full stop.  Netanyahu stopped them meeting until the October because he doesn't want unity.  Abbas has said many things since, but legally the Unity Goverment is still the ruling power.



Actually it shows how little you are in the know, because Hamas has been in peace talks with Israel the last couple of months.
They are more concerned about ISIS at the moment than anything else.
I keep very much up to date, clearly you do not


Yes Didge, I told you that many threads ago, that's because Netanyahu would not deal with the Unity Government, because he doesn't want them unified.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:27 am

Also sharing power does not mean Hamas is not in control of Gaza

Seriously how short sighted are you sassy lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:28 am

sassy wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:



Actually it shows how little you are in the know, because Hamas has been in peace talks with Israel the last couple of months.
They are more concerned about ISIS at the moment than anything else.
I keep very much up to date, clearly you do not


Yes Didge, I told you that many threads ago, that's because Netanyahu would not deal with the Unity Government, because he doesn't want them unified.  


You said though that Hamas was not in control during the war, it was so you lied.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever Israel says, why it is impossible for Hamas to use human shields in Gaza

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum