David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

View previous topic View next topic Go down

David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Irn Bru on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:38 pm

Starkey, of course, rose to particular infamy last year with his “…the whites are becoming blacks” declaration on British television following several days of rioting in a number of English cities. However he has repeatedly expressed his distaste for all things “Celtic”, dismissing Scotland, Wales and Ireland in a previous TV performance as “feeble little countries”, to the delight of the extreme right in Britain. In his warped worldview the natural supremacy of the English race and its dominance over its neighbours is the only matter of worth in the history of the island of Britain and nearby nations – including Ireland.

Will this latest outburst finally put paid to his inglorious career? Probably not. The more likely scenario is yet more academic respectability-by-association for the extreme right of English nationalism as it slowly creeps towards the centre-place of British politics and the media.

Incidentally David Starkey is a patron of NOGOE (No to Greenwich Olympic Equestrian Events) a local pressure group in Britain opposed to aspects of the London Olympic Games. Amongst its more recent pronouncements have been these particular gems, along the lines of: No Olympics Here, And No Irish Too!

http://ansionnachfionn.com/2012/04/20/david-starkey-and-the-dark-side-of-english-nationalism/

The darling of the far right and a bigoted git but the far right love him.

He's a clot and rightly condemned by the Jewish community for his sick outbursts.

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:21 am

Some white youth are definately getting dragged into the black gangsta culture and it is Scottish nationalism and (to a lesser extent) Welsh nationalism that is a destructive and divisive force to British identity and collective unity, strength and stability etc... and The EU is loving it!!!







_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:28 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Some white youth are definately getting dragged into the black gangsta culture and it is Scottish nationalism and (to a lesser extent) Welsh nationalism that is a destructive and divisive force to British identity and collective unity, strength and stability etc... and The EU is loving it!!!







I knew you would like Starkey, Tommy. He's right up your street Laughing

The Scottish electorate voted to stay in the Union just as the British electorate will vote to stay in the EU.

And the number of Scottish MPs now at Westminster isn't a measure that they wouldn't do so again.




_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:54 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Some white youth are definately getting dragged into the black gangsta culture and it is Scottish nationalism and (to a lesser extent) Welsh nationalism that is a destructive and divisive force to British identity and collective unity, strength and stability etc... and The EU is loving it!!!







I knew you would like Starkey, Tommy. He's right up your street Laughing

The Scottish electorate voted to stay in the Union just as the British electorate will vote to stay in the EU.

And the number of Scottish MPs now at Westminster isn't a measure that they wouldn't do so again.






What has that got to do with the comments on the comparisons of the SNP?
Are you denying his historical knowledge of the similarities here he has made?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Conflating again...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:17 pm

And it's not the case that I like him or not, just that I can listen to his views and opinions without trying to immediately shut him up and shut him down with the usual leftie cries of SIXHIRB because what he might be saying hurts their politically correct sensitivities...!!!


The truth must be wrong because the truth is not (politically) correct!!!


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:01 pm



Belatucadros wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Some white youth are definately getting dragged into the black gangsta culture and it is Scottish nationalism and (to a lesser extent) Welsh nationalism that is a destructive and divisive force to British identity and collective unity, strength and stability etc... and The EU is loving it!!!







I knew you would like Starkey, Tommy. He's right up your street Laughing

The Scottish electorate voted to stay in the Union just as the British electorate will vote to stay in the EU.

And the number of Scottish MPs now at Westminster isn't a measure that they wouldn't do so again.






What has that got to do with the comments on the comparisons of the SNP?
Are you denying his historical knowledge of the similarities here he has made?

Have you inadvertantly wandered on to the wrong thread here? This one is about the Dark Face of English Nationalism and his remarks about Scotland, Ireland and Wales being feeble little countries - all to the delight of the far right it would seem.

Never mind, you're here now so what do you think of what he is rambling on about?

Somehow I thought that a guy like Starkey would be right up your street - same as Tommy really.

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:05 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

Belatucadros wrote:



What has that got to do with the comments on the comparisons of the SNP?
Are you denying his historical knowledge of the similarities here he has made?

Have you inadvertantly wandered on to the wrong thread here? This one is about the Dark Face of English Nationalism and his remarks about Scotland, Ireland and Wales being feeble little countries - all to the delight of the far right it would seem.

Never mind, you're here now so what do you think of what he is rambling on about?

Somehow I thought that a guy like Starkey would be right up your street - same as Tommy really.


Point 1) What far right? I do not support the far right. Never have. Your view is his views are now far right because you declare they are based on some inane Scottish twit as yourself?
Behave, counter the points.
You see all you can do is find a level abusive point based on what people back.
That is utterly immature mate. The fact you associate me with Tommy allows me to see you have conceeded

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:07 pm

For a person that claims to be a British nationalist, he gets over defensive over the SNP.
Take that as you will posters.

Night all.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Irn Bru on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:15 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Belatucadros wrote:



What has that got to do with the comments on the comparisons of the SNP?
Are you denying his historical knowledge of the similarities here he has made?

Have you inadvertantly wandered on to the wrong thread here? This one is about the Dark Face of English Nationalism and his remarks about Scotland, Ireland and Wales being feeble little countries - all to the delight of the far right it would seem.

Never mind, you're here now so what do you think of what he is rambling on about?

Somehow I thought that a guy like Starkey would be right up your street - same as Tommy really.


Point 1) What far right? I do not support the far right. Never have. Your view is his views are now far right because you declare they are based on some inane Scottish twit as yourself?
Behave, counter the points.
You see all you can do is find a level abusive point based on what people back.
That is utterly immature mate. The fact you associate me with Tommy allows me to see you have conceeded

Well you couldn't bring yourself to condemn English Nazi collaborators so I'm reading that you are actually a RW extremist disguised as a someone who stands up for equality and against xenephobia and racism when it's obvious that you are anything but that.

You have already admitted that you are a racist (or at least xenephobic) so nuff said on that score.

I don't agree with most of what Tommy posts on here but at least he has never abused Scots in the way that you have or ever said anything about family members in the shameful way that you did - certainly not that I have seen.

So there you go - you made your bed now go and lie in it.




_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:24 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:


Point 1) What far right? I do not support the far right. Never have. Your view is his views are now far right because you declare they are based on some inane Scottish twit as yourself?
Behave, counter the points.
You see all you can do is find a level abusive point based on what people back.
That is utterly immature mate. The fact you associate me with Tommy allows me to see you have conceeded

Well you couldn't bring yourself to condemn English Nazi collaborators so I'm reading that you are actually a RW extremist disguised as a someone who stands up for equality and against xenephobia and racism when it's obvious that you are anything but that.

You have already admitted that you are a racist (or at least xenephobic) so nuff said on that score.

I don't agree with most of what Tommy posts on here but at least he has never abused Scots in the way that you have or ever said anything about family members in the shameful way that you did - certainly not that I have seen.

So there you go - you made your bed now go and lie in it.




Point 1) Why would I when I am Irish and they were neutral. Yet my Irish relatives came over to save your pathetic little Jock muggy arse. How good were they to save such a pathetic little unt like you Irn? Laughing

Point 2 I am xenophobic against the Scots and rightly so, because of them we had countless people die in Northern Ireland because some of them were greedy wankers jumping into bed with the English taking confiscated land. Now you go made that Jews legally bought land in Israel and yet when I show the Jocks to be traitors, you are silent on this. Talk about double standards again. You cannot make it up, how I easily tie you up in knots.

So all you could do was deflect away from the points made because you have no answer and go on about why I rightly think the Jocks are a joke. Typically lefty extremist, he has no answer so talks about me lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Well you couldn't bring yourself to condemn English Nazi collaborators so I'm reading that you are actually a RW extremist disguised as a someone who stands up for equality and against xenephobia and racism when it's obvious that you are anything but that.

You have already admitted that you are a racist (or at least xenephobic) so nuff said on that score.

I don't agree with most of what Tommy posts on here but at least he has never abused Scots in the way that you have or ever said anything about family members in the shameful way that you did - certainly not that I have seen.

So there you go - you made your bed now go and lie in it.




Point 1) Why would I when I am Irish and they were neutral. Yet my Irish relatives came over to save your pathetic little Jock muggy arse. How good were they to save such a pathetic little unt like you Irn?  Laughing

Point 2  I am xenophobic against the Scots and rightly so, because of them we had countless people die in Northern Ireland because some of them were greedy wankers jumping into bed with the English taking confiscated land. Now you go made that Jews legally bought land in Israel and yet when I show the Jocks to be traitors, you are silent on this. Talk about double standards again. You cannot make it up, how I easily tie you up in knots.

So all you could do was deflect away from the points made because you have no answer and go on about why I rightly think the Jocks are a joke. Typically lefty extremist, he has no answer so talks about me lol



Explains why you hate the English so much though dodge...


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Point 1) Why would I when I am Irish and they were neutral. Yet my Irish relatives came over to save your pathetic little Jock muggy arse. How good were they to save such a pathetic little unt like you Irn?  Laughing

Point 2  I am xenophobic against the Scots and rightly so, because of them we had countless people die in Northern Ireland because some of them were greedy wankers jumping into bed with the English taking confiscated land. Now you go made that Jews legally bought land in Israel and yet when I show the Jocks to be traitors, you are silent on this. Talk about double standards again. You cannot make it up, how I easily tie you up in knots.

So all you could do was deflect away from the points made because you have no answer and go on about why I rightly think the Jocks are a joke. Typically lefty extremist, he has no answer so talks about me lol



Explains why you hate the English so much though dodge...



Wrong.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:25 am

I remember Starkey going off like a rocket at little Lauri Penny for suggesting that he was xenephobic just for laughs and that he was mayvbe a tax dodger. She was actually wrong about the tax dodging bit but he blew up and flew out his seat and towered above her wagging his finger ranting away like a loon at this little lass sitting in her seat.

At the end Penny's partner jumped up on the stage and I thiought he was going to lamp Starkey but he didn't.

Smile

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:35 am





Cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:52 pm

Irn... your last post is irrelevant to op And why shouldn't he be upset by someone slandering him with false accusations of tax dodging?


Obviously it was something he felt strongly about and took particular offence?

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:42 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Irn... your last post is irrelevant to op And why shouldn't he be upset by someone slandering him with false accusations of tax dodging?


Obviously it was something he felt strongly about and took particular offence?

Well it was part of the debate they were having where Lauri Penny accused him of being xenephobic just for laughs and she chipped in asking if he had bought a house in Chesapeake Bay in America to avoid paying UK tax so not entirely irrelevant as it was all part and parcel of the discussion about his overall views.

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:47 am

Cuchulain wrote:



Cool

I think you have wandered on to the wrong thread once again as this one is about Starkey being the dark face of English nationalism so perhaps you would like to comment on that.

I know there is another thread on here about the subject you have brought up in that video and I'll probably pop over to that later and add a comment there.

Carry on...............

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:53 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:



Cool

I think you have wandered on to the wrong thread once again as this one is about Starkey being the dark face of English nationalism so perhaps you would like to comment on that.

I know there is another thread on here about the subject you have brought up in that video and I'll probably pop over to that later and add a comment there.

Carry on...............

No it just adds to the views of Starkey to the Uk with nationalism which as seen is far worse and vile in the form of the SNP.
His comparrisons are very good I have to say. The same can be said with English nationalist parties but they are very minor indeed compared to the SNP

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:59 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:



Cool

I think you have wandered on to the wrong thread once again as this one is about Starkey being the dark face of English nationalism so perhaps you would like to comment on that.

I know there is another thread on here about the subject you have brought up in that video and I'll probably pop over to that later and add a comment there.

Carry on...............

No it just adds to the views of Starkey to the Uk with nationalism which as seen is far worse and vile in the form of the SNP.
His comparrisons are very good I have to say. The same can be said with English nationalist parties but they are very minor indeed compared to the SNP

And your views on him saying that Scotland, Ireland and Wales are febble little countries are what exactly?

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:02 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

No it just adds to the views of Starkey to the Uk with nationalism which as seen is far worse and vile in the form of the SNP.
His comparrisons are very good I have to say. The same can be said with English nationalist parties but they are very minor indeed compared to the SNP

And your views on him saying that Scotland, Ireland and Wales are febble little countries are what exactly?

They are feeble in comparrison to England which has by and large ruled them for centuries.
Is it wrong to be accurate?
No. As nations they have pailed into comparrison of England. It does not mean the people are any less than the English or even their cultures, but from a historical point as nations they have been minor powers within the sphere of England.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:13 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

No it just adds to the views of Starkey to the Uk with nationalism which as seen is far worse and vile in the form of the SNP.
His comparrisons are very good I have to say. The same can be said with English nationalist parties but they are very minor indeed compared to the SNP

And your views on him saying that Scotland, Ireland and Wales are febble little countries are what exactly?

They are feeble in comparrison to England which has by and large ruled them for centuries.
Is it wrong to be accurate?
No. As nations they have pailed into comparrison of England. It does not mean the people are any less than the English or even their cultures, but from a historical point as nations they have been minor powers within the sphere of England.

So your views on another thread where you said 'we rule you' shows that you believe you are superior so in your own words that makes you a racist, xenphobic and a bigot?

It's certainly a strange thing for you to say considering that you hate the English as well - all because you are half Irish.



_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:22 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

They are feeble in comparrison to England which has by and large ruled them for centuries.
Is it wrong to be accurate?
No. As nations they have pailed into comparrison of England. It does not mean the people are any less than the English or even their cultures, but from a historical point as nations they have been minor powers within the sphere of England.

So your views on another thread where you said 'we rule you' shows that you believe you are superior so in your own words that makes you a racist, xenphobic and a bigot?

It's certainly a strange thing for you to say considering that you hate the English as well - all because you are half Irish.



Rule you does not mean I think a group of one people is superior to another.
At that point in time they rule them.
So your methodology is really daft.
I do not hate the English. I think at points in history some of the English have been barbaric and evil, just as I think the Ulster Scots are scum.
I do not even hate all scots just many are greedy traitors as seen throughout history.
lol you are desperate, as that had no point to the previous one showing how easily upset you are and cannot move on.
Seriously except the fact you are a pathetic Jock

Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:37 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

They are feeble in comparrison to England which has by and large ruled them for centuries.
Is it wrong to be accurate?
No. As nations they have pailed into comparrison of England. It does not mean the people are any less than the English or even their cultures, but from a historical point as nations they have been minor powers within the sphere of England.

So your views on another thread where you said 'we rule you' shows that you believe you are superior so in your own words that makes you a racist, xenphobic and a bigot?

It's certainly a strange thing for you to say considering that you hate the English as well - all because you are half Irish.



Rule you does not mean I think a group of one people is superior to another.
At that point in time they rule them.
So your methodology is really daft.
I do not hate the English. I think at points in history some of the English have been barbaric and evil, just as I think the Ulster Scots are scum.
I do not even hate all scots just many are greedy traitors as seen throughout history.
lol you are desperate, as that had no point to the previous one showing how easily upset you are and cannot move on.
Seriously except the fact you are a pathetic Jock

Razz

You quite clearly said previously 'we rule you' and that shows that you feel superior so that makes you a racist. That was your definition of a racist so my description of you fits.

And here it comes again - all that hate bottled up in you must be a terrible thing.

It's true, you do hate the English with a passion. You haven't stopped banging on about the English attempting to ethnically cleanse Ireland by confiscating their lands and them being bastards for the way they treated the Irish and for them being as low as the Scots which really just goes to show it's actually the British that you hate. You also didn't have a problem with people who collaborated with Nazi's just because you are half Irish.

Yes, you really did say these things.



_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:43 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Rule you does not mean I think a group of one people is superior to another.
At that point in time they rule them.
So your methodology is really daft.
I do not hate the English. I think at points in history some of the English have been barbaric and evil, just as I think the Ulster Scots are scum.
I do not even hate all scots just many are greedy traitors as seen throughout history.
lol you are desperate, as that had no point to the previous one showing how easily upset you are and cannot move on.
Seriously except the fact you are a pathetic Jock

Razz

You quite clearly said previously 'we rule you' and that shows that you feel superior so that makes you a racist. That was your definition of a racist so my description of you fits.
Again incorrect, that is just daft lefty mentality which has no validity, because ruling a people does not mean they are superior biologically. They could be superior in forces, it does not mean any racial view except of course for the illogical view of a extreme lefty.
As seen your point makes no sense

And here it comes again - all that hate bottled up in you must be a terrible thing.
I have every right to feel the way I do about the Ulster Scots

It's true, you do hate the English with a passion.
Again the left poor tactic of claiming things that are just incorrect being as I followed England in sports supporting them
You haven't stopped banging on about the English attempting  to ethnically cleanse Ireland by confiscating their lands and them being bastards for the way they treated the Irish and for them being as low as the Scots which really just goes to show it's actually the British that you hate. You also didn't have a problem with people who collaborated with Nazi's just because you are half Irish.
That is pointing out factual history of which the English did attempt to do. That is like saying that I hate the Germans for attemting to ethnically cleanse the Jews. I certainly hated those that carried out these atrocities and have every right to do so It is the most idiotic argument someone from the left can claim because they have now deflected from the point of the thread to instead talk about me, because they constantly get schooled on history by me. The English and Scots did do these things, are you denying history now? Again I said from a point of you of my Irish ethnicity, what relevance would any English being traitors have to me based on Ireland being neutral in the war?
You still never provided an explanation to this.

Yes, you  really did say these things.


So I do not hate the British of which is just a concept, so again you just invent things because I rightly point out in history past events of things done by the English and Scots of which there was no union when the first attempts at ethnic cleasning occured. So again your history is poor and would be incorrect to say British. What are you an apologist to the violence done in Ireland by the English and Scots?
Talk about the worst apologist, next you will be denying the holocaust


Last edited by Cuchulain on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:47 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

And your views on him saying that Scotland, Ireland and Wales are febble little countries are what exactly?

They are feeble in comparrison to England which has by and large ruled them for centuries.
Is it wrong to be accurate?
No. As nations they have pailed into comparrison of England. It does not mean the people are any less than the English or even their cultures, but from a historical point as nations they have been minor powers within the sphere of England.


So as seen it was a decent discussion until Irn threw his dummies out and wanted to start a fight again by turning the debate onto me lol

Poor child.

Talk about a sore loser  Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:04 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Rule you does not mean I think a group of one people is superior to another.
At that point in time they rule them.
So your methodology is really daft.
I do not hate the English. I think at points in history some of the English have been barbaric and evil, just as I think the Ulster Scots are scum.
I do not even hate all scots just many are greedy traitors as seen throughout history.
lol you are desperate, as that had no point to the previous one showing how easily upset you are and cannot move on.
Seriously except the fact you are a pathetic Jock

Razz

You quite clearly said previously 'we rule you' and that shows that you feel superior so that makes you a racist. That was your definition of a racist so my description of you fits.
Again incorrect, that is just daft lefty mentality which has no validity, because ruling a people does not mean they are superior biologically. They could be superior in forces, it does not mean any racial view except of course for the illogical view of a extreme lefty.
As seen your point makes no sense


No you personally said we rule you. That's the definition you used for superiority and all you are doing now is back pedalling.

And here it comes again - all that hate bottled up in you must be a terrible thing.
I have every right to feel the way I do about the Ulster Scots


Because of history relating to the Scots but not the English? lol

It's true, you do hate the English with a passion.

Again the left poor tactic of claiming things that are just incorrect being as I followed England in sports supporting them

Your claim to not hating the English rests on supporting the football team. Oh christ that is an absolute cracker Laughing

You haven't stopped banging on about the English attempting  to ethnically cleanse Ireland by confiscating their lands and them being bastards for the way they treated the Irish and for them being as low as the Scots which really just goes to show it's actually the British that you hate. You also didn't have a problem with people who collaborated with Nazi's just because you are half Irish
.
That is pointing out factual history of which the English did attempt to do. That is like saying that I hate the Germans for attemting to ethnically cleanse the Jews. It is the most idiotic argument someone from the left can claim because they have now deflected from the point of the thread to instead talk about me, because they constantly get schooled on history by me. The English and Scots did do these things, are you denying history now? Again I said from a point of you of my Irish ethnicity, what relevance would any English being traitors have to me based on Ireland being neutral in the war?
You still never provided an explanation to this.


I see history in a more balanced way than you are doing in the way you are showing inconsistent attitudes beteween the English and the Scots.

And there you go again reminding me about your failure to show disgust and condemnation at people who collaborated with the Nazi's just because you are half Irish. Thanks again.


Yes, you  really did say these things.


So I do not hate the British of which is just a concept, so again you just invent things because I rightly point out in history past events of things done by the English and Scots of which there was no union when the first attempts at ethnic cleasning occured. So again your history is poor and would be incorrect to say British. What are you an apologist to the violence done in Ireland by the English and Scots?
Talk about the worst apologist, next you will be denying the holocaust

You do hate the British and it pours out of every pore in your body each time you add more to this discussion. English and Scots are British aren't they - or have you come up with another angle on that?

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:07 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

So I do not hate the British of which is just a concept, so again you just invent things because I rightly point out in history past events of things done by the English and Scots of which there was no union when the first attempts at ethnic cleasning occured. So again your history is poor and would be incorrect to say British. What are you an apologist to the violence done in Ireland by the English and Scots?
Talk about the worst apologist, next you will be denying the holocaust

You do hate the British and it pours out of every pore in your body each time you add more to this discussion. English and Scots are British aren't they - or have you come up with another angle on that?

Think what you like.
The reality is different.
Being British is a concept which did not exist at the time when the Scots and irish were butchering in Ireland, so it would be wrong to class those at this time who did this. Scottish and English is just a concept also.
So run along and play with your Jihadi suicide Hamas Action men there is a good chap and sorry to spoil your poor attempt to start a fight

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:22 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

So I do not hate the British of which is just a concept, so again you just invent things because I rightly point out in history past events of things done by the English and Scots of which there was no union when the first attempts at ethnic cleasning occured. So again your history is poor and would be incorrect to say British. What are you an apologist to the violence done in Ireland by the English and Scots?
Talk about the worst apologist, next you will be denying the holocaust

You do hate the British and it pours out of every pore in your body each time you add more to this discussion. English and Scots are British aren't they - or have you come up with another angle on that?

Think what you like.
The reality is different.
Being British is a concept which did not exist at the time when the Scots and irish were butchering in Ireland, so it would be wrong to class those at this time who did this. Scottish and English is just a concept also.
So run along and play with your Jihadi suicide Hamas Action men there is a good chap and sorry to spoil your poor attempt to start a fight

You sarted the fight you idiot. Anyway, I've got to go as I have work to do and I'm sure you have as well. I really am sorry from distracting you from doing what your employer pays you to do because lets face it you can't have done very much work this morning and they will be disapointed with your output so far.

Catch you later.

cheers

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:24 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

They are feeble in comparrison to England which has by and large ruled them for centuries.
Is it wrong to be accurate?
No. As nations they have pailed into comparrison of England. It does not mean the people are any less than the English or even their cultures, but from a historical point as nations they have been minor powers within the sphere of England.

So your views on another thread where you said 'we rule you' shows that you believe you are superior so in your own words that makes you a racist, xenphobic and a bigot?

It's certainly a strange thing for you to say considering that you hate the English as well - all because you are half Irish.



As seen irn deflected the debate and started a childish fight.

No worries about my employer Irn, he is next to me reading your post and laughing at you. I really have the best boss.

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:47 pm

There is no doubt that Scotland has been a major power within Britain over the centuries.

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:58 pm

Isn't that article a bit out of date?

Why can't we have a bit of English nationalism? The Scots are always banging on about how marvellous they are. Laughing


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28928
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:There is no doubt that Scotland has been a major power within Britain over the centuries.

Major?

Explain.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:06 pm

English nationalism rags!!!???



That world of course be 'racist'!!!


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey And The Dark Side Of English Nationalism

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:20 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:English nationalism rags!!!???



That world of course be 'racist'!!!


lol!

clappy

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28928
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum