If you could see me now

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:28 pm

I'm sitting here typing one handed because that cat is lying on my other arm, manically grooming my beard......

perhaps its time I washed it ?

or maybe he recons theres still some of my dinner in there?

whatever...it tickles like anything.....................


never known a cat that as so bonded .......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:29 pm

I wake up in the morning with his face 1 inch from mine stareing at me

and am greeted with loud purrs.......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:31 pm

darknessss wrote:I'm sitting here typing one handed because that cat is lying on my other arm, manically grooming my beard......

perhaps its time I washed it ?

or maybe he recons theres still some of my dinner in there?

whatever...it tickles like anything.....................


never known a cat that as so bonded .......

lol ... cats are awesome creatures love them too bits... they know who they love and are not usually slow to show it... you must be a good person if cats like you, have a rep point on me....lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:02 pm

my small cat has to be right in my face and she licks my face . She also has to be right in front of the laptop so i can't reach to type . Then she leans her chin right where the touch pad is lol .

I never stop her i love her so much lol .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Could also be a way of him/her trying to tell you something is wrong...



Not saying there is, but my cat started becoming overly close round me for a few months before getting really ill and beyond help... kidneys were packing up and he started drinking loads water and pissing loads, started getting bit thinner, being sick a bit, then stopped eating all together... all to do with urea levels building up in blood And damaging the rest of his system and vital organs... vet said that the levels were so high that he was surprised he was still walking and looked so good...


There was nothing they could do, he lasted a few more days but then went really downhill...


This was only a few weeks ago and I'm still totally gutted...



Maybe if I had known he was struggling I may have been able to help him with different diet/treatment etc to give him a bit more time... but I had no idea anything was wrong, cats are such tough little fuckers that they just carry on until things get really bad and by then it is often too late to do anything...



But like I said, his behaviour became much more friendly and closer round me during the last 6-8 months or so.


One of my friends said her cat started sitting right near her and staring at her while she was at home in The evenings, for a few months before it got really ill too.

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19198
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:35 pm

nah its not that Tommy...he's always been the samne right from when we got him as a tiny abandoned kitten....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:37 pm

And Tommy you have my sympathy ...we lost a lovely siamese choc point a few years ago to kidney disease....

Not much you could have done really.....so dont beat yourself up over it.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:00 am

Thanks, I know you are right.

Mine was a stray too and was already a senior when he appeared at mine.

It took ages to gain his trust, even after the weeks it took to manage to get anywhere near him and coax him indoors.





_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19198
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:02 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Thanks, I know you are right.

Mine was a stray too and was already a senior when he appeared at mine.

It took ages to gain his trust, even after the weeks it took to manage to get anywhere near him and coax him indoors.





our male is still a pain after years and we got him as a kitten, we put food in his dish, rattle biscuits and he sits there just on the door step and if you go near him he runs off, most annoying at midnight..lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:07 am

isnt it just

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:26 am

darknessss wrote:isnt it just

it's a good job we didn't give him an embarrassing name it would be even worse shouting him in...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:27 am

rofl.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:28 am

a bloke i used to know called his dog "bugger lugs"

it did a runner one day when he was out in the local park


i will leave it to your imagination what then happened.........

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:30 am

darknessss wrote:a bloke i used to know called his dog "bugger lugs"

it did a runner one day when he was out in the local park


i will leave it to your imagination what then happened.........

lol we had a neighbour who regretted calling theirs cooking fat..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:31 am

oh dear.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:32 am

well our first cat was called Lollipop named by our then two year old and it was quite embarrassing calling her in .

I can't believe i'm drinking coffee at at 1.30 am wonder if i will sleep Shocked

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:34 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:well our first cat was called Lollipop named by our then two year old and it was quite embarrassing calling her in .

I can't believe i'm drinking coffee at at 1.30 am wonder if i will sleep Shocked  

you'll be fine xx

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:35 am

I once looked after a cat for a friend , it was called Marjorie Razor blade , my mum was furious because my friend never returned from holiday and the cat followed me home and took up residence .

It was semi feral not very friendly at all , but then again how could it be with a name like Marjorie Razor blade lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:35 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:well our first cat was called Lollipop named by our then two year old and it was quite embarrassing calling her in .

I can't believe i'm drinking coffee at at 1.30 am wonder if i will sleep Shocked  

you'll be fine xx

Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:07 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Could also be a way of him/her trying to tell you something is wrong...



Not saying there is, but my cat started becoming overly close round me for a few months before getting really ill and beyond help... kidneys were packing up and he started drinking loads water and pissing loads, started getting bit thinner, being sick a bit, then stopped eating all together... all to do with urea levels building up in blood And damaging the rest of his system and vital organs... vet said that the levels were so high that he was surprised he was still walking and looked so good...


There was nothing they could do, he lasted a few more days but then went really downhill...


This was only a few weeks ago and I'm still totally gutted...



Maybe if I had known he was struggling I may have been able to help him with different diet/treatment etc to give him a bit more time... but I had no idea anything was wrong, cats are such tough little fuckers that they just carry on until things get really bad and by then it is often too late to do anything...



But like I said, his behaviour became much more friendly and closer round me during the last 6-8 months or so.


One of my friends said her cat started sitting right near her and staring at her while she was at home in The evenings,  for a few months before it got really ill too.

Sorry about your cat Tommy. So many cats seem to get kidney problems, and it's not always obvious at the time.


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29337
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:40 am

Yeah sorry about your cat Tommy , i had one for 19 years and she suddenly got kidney problems and within a month i had to let her be put to sleep Sad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by nicko on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:03 am

HF, my son calls my cat "cooking fat" the Wife doesn't get it.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8517
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you could see me now

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:08 am

nicko wrote:HF, my son calls my cat "cooking fat"    the Wife doesn't get it.

oh dear, i'm not sure i would bother explaining it too her if I were you...lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum