David Starkey criticised after comparing SNP to Nazis

Go down

David Starkey criticised after comparing SNP to Nazis

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:33 am

David Starkey has come under fire after controversially comparing the Scottish National Party to the Nazis during an interview.
The historian and TV presenter said both groups have a “twisted cross” as their symbol – the Saltire and the swastika – and likened the SNP’s view of the English to Adolf Hitler’s anti-Semitism. The comments were criticised as “irresponsible” and “deeply offensive” by a new SNP MP after the party won 56 of 59 seats in Scotland last month, Mr Starkey made the comments during an interview with The Sunday Times, saying: “What are the points of comparison? “Well, we have a political movement that has a single historic explanation for why your country is facing such terrible oppression; it's either Versailles or the Treaty of the Union. “You have a particular group of people who are responsible for this; it is either the English or the Jews.” He went on: “You have as a symbol the twisted cross: the saltire or the swastika. You have a passionate belief in economic self-sufficiency: known by the Nazis as autarky and the Scots as oil.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/11673678/David-Starkey-criticised-after-comparing-SNP-to-Nazis.html

He is right about a couple of points though which I have highlighted above.

Back to top Go down

Re: David Starkey criticised after comparing SNP to Nazis

Post by Angry Andy on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:41 pm

He is the male answer to Katie Hopkins.

Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:31 pm

I actually did a thread on the same topic but i will ask the same thing..
How come anyone who voted for the British Nationalist Party would be considered a nazi, brain dead lunatic...

Yet anyone who voted Scottish Nationalist Party is a patriot...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down