A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by eddie on Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's a really simple one folks, but somehow it has been forgotten.

Your thread titles should be the grit of what your thread is about or the title from which your story is based.
Or the title the particular article has used.

If you see a thread title that is misleading please contact a mod and we will amend if needs be.
Don't take it upon yourself to go all silly and make a tit for tat thread because well, two wrongs don't make a right - remember that basic "law" we learned when we were little?

Yes I know, shouldnt have to be said. but it does happen.

There we go. All sorted.


_________________
”Some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal” ~ Albert Camus
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35208
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:54 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Why does flea keeper keep accusing me of attacking him when it is always him who pops up to launch unprovoked attacks on me?


Everyone who reads this forum would have seen this clearly for themselves over time.


In fact, everyone would have seen that I only ever voice opinions on topics raised, backed up by evidence if required, and never launch attacks on anyone!?


Flea keeper has also accused me of lying about my military service history... when in fact I have never ever mentioned any of my previous military service history on here (or anywhere else for that matter)... main reason being that I don't actually have any military service history to talk about!!!


lol!


Shall I call you Sergeant?  lol!



'Sir' will do just fine...!


Laughing

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20668
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:02 pm

darknessss wrote:yeah right Quill....you carry on beleiving that, whilst your "heap" subsides into the morass ......

bee's comment wasnt "conversation" in any recognisable form.....

the man is a first rate idiot

lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:I've seen plenty of things from Bee.  He is a university educated man, quite skilled in agriculture sciences and meteorology, among other things.  Science is not always everyone's favorite subject, so you might have forgotten his posts in those areas.

Look...Bee is what he is.  The things you respond to are superficial.  Too bad, that.  For you to be concerned makes you a bit superficial, too.

I just take the way he says things as...like the ornate floral pattern carved in the frame of the picture.  Me, I pay attention to the picture itself.  

Just imagine you are sitting in a pub sharing a beer with a gruff old guy, who despite his gruffness is fun to be around.  Stop fighting a good time.  Give a little jesting back at 'im, and a slap on the back with a big laugh.

Make friends, chrissake.  You've been in a pub.   It's an art form there.

he doesn't jest though he is nuts and none of his posts show intelligence at all ,in fact they just go something like this ..... unwarranted and unprovoked attacks against me . Predictable on every post with just more unwarranted and unprovoked abuse and attacks on other posters . Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:50 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I've seen plenty of things from Bee.  He is a university educated man, quite skilled in agriculture sciences and meteorology, among other things.  Science is not always everyone's favorite subject, so you might have forgotten his posts in those areas.

Look...Bee is what he is.  The things you respond to are superficial.  Too bad, that.  For you to be concerned makes you a bit superficial, too.

I just take the way he says things as...like the ornate floral pattern carved in the frame of the picture.  Me, I pay attention to the picture itself.  

Just imagine you are sitting in a pub sharing a beer with a gruff old guy, who despite his gruffness is fun to be around.  Stop fighting a good time.  Give a little jesting back at 'im, and a slap on the back with a big laugh.

Make friends, chrissake.  You've been in a pub.   It's an art form there.

he doesn't jest though he is nuts and none of his posts show intelligence at all ,in fact they just go something like this ..... unwarranted and unprovoked attacks against me . Predictable on every post with just more unwarranted and unprovoked abuse and attacks on other posters . Razz

Vod, I have known Bee for almost nine years.  He is unorthodox, but that's why I love him.  He makes me laugh with his antics.  But, yes, sometimes those antics can raise hostilities.

Nobody means to cause trouble.  It's just the intensity level, and Bee sometimes has his way up.  He is very loyal and very protective of those in his circle.  You and HF come with an agenda, and perhaps some hostility with others on here, and I would be willing to bet that this has brought out some of Bee's protective instincts toward his friends.  Again, he is instinctively loyal and there are many on this site that he would go to the mat for.  And sometimes it's just jest, but the volume is turned up too loud.

I can assure you, Bee is very well educated.  He has his degree in Agriculture and is a great help in discussions of scientific matters, as well as matters in his circle of the world.  I enjoy chats with him and veya.  The people he perceives as protecting...I won't name names.  But he is generally liberal, not particularly religious, and not a fan of drugs, fads or frivolity.  He is the exact opposite of me on Israel, and yet we have never come to blows over it.  WTF...we can disagree and still be friends.

Don't anchor the hostility in concrete.  See if you can plant some good vibes with him.  He's really great fun and the best of friends. Cheers,

Q

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by nicko on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:05 pm

Total bollocks, the mans a lost cause with his insults.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9761
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:14 pm

nicko wrote:Total bollocks, the mans a lost cause with his insults.

Hahaha...well, nicko you are beyond rehabilitation my friend, so I'm not going to try an outreach with you.  Rolling Eyes

Laughing

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

he doesn't jest though he is nuts and none of his posts show intelligence at all ,in fact they just go something like this ..... unwarranted and unprovoked attacks against me . Predictable on every post with just more unwarranted and unprovoked abuse and attacks on other posters . Razz

Vod, I have known Bee for almost nine years.  He is unorthodox, but that's why I love him.  He makes me laugh with his antics.  But, yes, sometimes those antics can raise hostilities.

Nobody means to cause trouble.  It's just the intensity level, and Bee sometimes has his way up.  He is very loyal and very protective of those in his circle.  You and HF come with an agenda, and perhaps some hostility with others on here, and I would be willing to bet that this has brought out some of Bee's protective instincts toward his friends.  Again, he is instinctively loyal and there are many on this site that he would go to the mat for.  And sometimes it's just jest, but the volume is turned up too loud.

I can assure you, Bee is very well educated.  He has his degree in Agriculture and is a great help in discussions of scientific matters, as well as matters in his circle of the world.  I enjoy chats with him and veya.  The people he perceives as protecting...I won't name names.  But he is generally liberal, not particularly religious, and not a fan of drugs, fads or frivolity.  He is the exact opposite of me on Israel, and yet we have never come to blows over it.  WTF...we can disagree and still be friends.

Don't anchor the hostility in concrete.  See if you can plant some good vibes with him.  He's really great fun and the best of friends.  Cheers,



Q


ha ha ha I love it, one poster just abuses, never contributes and he is unorthodox....

but dibs and myself have an agenda and hostility...

you should be on stage, you would make a fortune...

last time i heard that much bs it was party political broadcast...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:31 pm

nicko wrote:Total bollocks, the mans a lost cause with his insults.

he is a total waste of space I agree , contributes nothing to any debate, just insults all the time , the very first post I made on here he just insulted and the same with dibs..


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:31 pm

I reckon he got stung once too often and it damaged his one and only brain cell....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:33 pm

darknessss wrote:I reckon he got stung once too often and it damaged his one and only brain cell....

one brain cell, boy that was being generous.... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:36 pm

HF wrote:ha ha ha I love it, one poster just abuses, never contributes and he is unorthodox....

but dibs and myself have an agenda and hostility...

you should be on stage, you would make a fortune...

last time i heard that much bs it was party political broadcast...

In fact, you are not a man of god...far from it. You embroil yourself in far to many uncharitable causes. So don't pretend to stand outside, for objective truth and goodness.

And since you are indeed on the firing line, Bee takes aim. Am I surprised? The only thing duplicitous here is you, pretending to align yourself with a benevolent deity.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

he doesn't jest though he is nuts and none of his posts show intelligence at all ,in fact they just go something like this ..... unwarranted and unprovoked attacks against me . Predictable on every post with just more unwarranted and unprovoked abuse and attacks on other posters . Razz

Vod, I have known Bee for almost nine years.  He is unorthodox, but that's why I love him.  He makes me laugh with his antics.  But, yes, sometimes those antics can raise hostilities.

Nobody means to cause trouble.  It's just the intensity level, and Bee sometimes has his way up.  He is very loyal and very protective of those in his circle.  You and HF come with an agenda, and perhaps some hostility with others on here, and I would be willing to bet that this has brought out some of Bee's protective instincts toward his friends.  Again, he is instinctively loyal and there are many on this site that he would go to the mat for.  And sometimes it's just jest, but the volume is turned up too loud.

I can assure you, Bee is very well educated.  He has his degree in Agriculture and is a great help in discussions of scientific matters, as well as matters in his circle of the world.  I enjoy chats with him and veya.  The people he perceives as protecting...I won't name names.  But he is generally liberal, not particularly religious, and not a fan of drugs, fads or frivolity.  He is the exact opposite of me on Israel, and yet we have never come to blows over it.  WTF...we can disagree and still be friends.

Don't anchor the hostility in concrete.  See if you can plant some good vibes with him.  He's really great fun and the best of friends.  Cheers,

Q

There is protecting and being outright insulting , he can defend you without being abusive . Every post he makes he includes people who haven't even known him ten seconds. I seriously think he has a screw loose and that was being kind .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:38 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Vod, I have known Bee for almost nine years.  He is unorthodox, but that's why I love him.  He makes me laugh with his antics.  But, yes, sometimes those antics can raise hostilities.

Nobody means to cause trouble.  It's just the intensity level, and Bee sometimes has his way up.  He is very loyal and very protective of those in his circle.  You and HF come with an agenda, and perhaps some hostility with others on here, and I would be willing to bet that this has brought out some of Bee's protective instincts toward his friends.  Again, he is instinctively loyal and there are many on this site that he would go to the mat for.  And sometimes it's just jest, but the volume is turned up too loud.

I can assure you, Bee is very well educated.  He has his degree in Agriculture and is a great help in discussions of scientific matters, as well as matters in his circle of the world.  I enjoy chats with him and veya.  The people he perceives as protecting...I won't name names.  But he is generally liberal, not particularly religious, and not a fan of drugs, fads or frivolity.  He is the exact opposite of me on Israel, and yet we have never come to blows over it.  WTF...we can disagree and still be friends.

Don't anchor the hostility in concrete.  See if you can plant some good vibes with him.  He's really great fun and the best of friends.  Cheers,

Q

There is protecting and being outright insulting , he can defend you without being abusive . Every post he makes he includes people who haven't even known him ten seconds. I seriously think he has a screw loose and that was being kind .

So, tell him that.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HF wrote:ha ha ha I love it, one poster just abuses, never contributes and he is unorthodox....

but dibs and myself have an agenda and hostility...

you should be on stage, you would make a fortune...

last time i heard that much bs it was party political broadcast...

In fact, you are not a man of god...far from it.  You embroil yourself in far to many uncharitable causes.  So don't pretend to stand outside, for objective truth and goodness.

And since you are indeed on the firing line, Bee takes aim.  Am I surprised?  The only thing duplicitous here is you, pretending to align yourself with a benevolent deity.

Using our faith again just because you're friend has lost support and people are actually telling you and him what we think .

If he has a university education he really should use it because he just makes himself look like the village idiot .

Is he really a person or just a joke ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

There is protecting and being outright insulting , he can defend you without being abusive . Every post he makes he includes people who haven't even known him ten seconds. I seriously think he has a screw loose and that was being kind .

So, tell him that.

I don't want to thank you i tried to reason with him and all he did was wish death on me and mock my faith .
It's up to him to prove himself now because everyone he has constantly insulted and abused are sick of it .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HF wrote:ha ha ha I love it, one poster just abuses, never contributes and he is unorthodox....

but dibs and myself have an agenda and hostility...

you should be on stage, you would make a fortune...

last time i heard that much bs it was party political broadcast...

In fact, you are not a man of god...far from it.  You embroil yourself in far to many uncharitable causes.  So don't pretend to stand outside, for objective truth and goodness.

And since you are indeed on the firing line, Bee takes aim.  Am I surprised?  The only thing duplicitous here is you, pretending to align yourself with a benevolent deity.

how come everyone in here is so convinced they know what a man of God is and isn't, its pretty amazing, do you think they are all carbon copies of Jesus or could they be ordinary people..

besides that this is not about dibs. me or any other poster, loaned wolf is a waste of space...


Last edited by heavenlyfatheragain on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:50 pm

loan wolf insulted me as soon as i re joined so to me he is a waste of time .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:21 pm

HF wrote:how come everyone in here is so convinced they know what a man of God is and isn't, its pretty amazing, do you think they are all carbon copies of Jesus or could they be ordinary people..

It's not an elusive concept.  It's a simple expression.  One who subscribes to the works of Karl Marx is a Marxist.  One who subscribes to the works of John Maynard Keynes is a Keynesian.  One who subscribes to the Pauline Bible is a man of god.  There are variations within the encompassed theory, but so are there with Marxists.

I see the principal tenet of Jesus and his life, as recorded in the Bible, as Christian Charity.  The contradiction is readily apparent when you see one who claims to subscribe to the life of Christ, yet cannot engage in Christian Charity.  That's all.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HF wrote:how come everyone in here is so convinced they know what a man of God is and isn't, its pretty amazing, do you think they are all carbon copies of Jesus or could they be ordinary people..

It's not an elusive concept.  It's a simple expression.  One who subscribes to the works of Karl Marx is a Marxist.  One who subscribes to the works of John Maynard Keynes is a Keynesian.  One who subscribes to the Pauline Bible is a man of god.  There are variations, but so are there with Marxists.

I see the principal tenet of Jesus and his life, as recorded in the Bible, as Christian Charity.  The contradiction is readily apparent when you see one who claims to subscribe to the life of Christ, yet cannot engage in Christian Charity.  That's all.

ok so i have done the mercy ships and building in Kenya, I do soup runs, do street pastoring, helped with teen challenge, does that mean you are wrong and I am a Christian...??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:26 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

In fact, you are not a man of god...far from it.  You embroil yourself in far to many uncharitable causes.  So don't pretend to stand outside, for objective truth and goodness.

And since you are indeed on the firing line, Bee takes aim.  Am I surprised?  The only thing duplicitous here is you, pretending to align yourself with a benevolent deity.

Using our faith again just because you're friend has lost support and people are actually telling you and him what we think .

If he has a university education he really should use it because he just makes himself look like the village idiot .

Is he really a person or just a joke ?

It is obviously much easier to try to attack us than admit loaned wiff is a waste of space, if he only insulted us he might have some grounds but it all falls flat because he is abusive to every one...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:34 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Using our faith again just because you're friend has lost support and people are actually telling you and him what we think .

If he has a university education he really should use it because he just makes himself look like the village idiot .

Is he really a person or just a joke ?

It is obviously much easier to try to attack us than admit loaned wiff is a waste of space, if he only insulted us he might have some grounds but it all falls flat because he is abusive to every one...

I don't see the two as actually related. It may have started with a tangential reference, but I thought we were now talking about the meaning of Christian Charity. I was, anyway...

I think we've exhausted the subject of Bee.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:41 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's not an elusive concept.  It's a simple expression.  One who subscribes to the works of Karl Marx is a Marxist.  One who subscribes to the works of John Maynard Keynes is a Keynesian.  One who subscribes to the Pauline Bible is a man of god.  There are variations, but so are there with Marxists.

I see the principal tenet of Jesus and his life, as recorded in the Bible, as Christian Charity.  The contradiction is readily apparent when you see one who claims to subscribe to the life of Christ, yet cannot engage in Christian Charity.  That's all.

ok so i have done the mercy ships and building in Kenya, I do soup runs, do street pastoring, helped with teen challenge,  does that mean you are wrong and I am a Christian...??

Not at all.  You don't have it in your heart.  People are joiners, and you can join in lots of activities for social purposes.  It may be profitable in many ways.

Christian charity, as I see it, is an instinct for the humanist way.  It is uninterrupted and unmitigated.  That is what Jesus taught.  Paul taught institutions. Christian Charity preceded the Holy Bible.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

ok so i have done the mercy ships and building in Kenya, I do soup runs, do street pastoring, helped with teen challenge,  does that mean you are wrong and I am a Christian...??

Not at all.  You don't have it in your heart.  People are joiners, and you can join in lots of activities for social purposes.  It may be profitable in many ways.

Christian charity, as I see it, is an instinct for the humanist way.  It is uninterrupted and unmitigated.  That is what Jesus taught.  Paul taught institutions.  Christian Charity preceded the Holy Bible.

any Christian who joined this forum would lose their cool because of the constant taunting and anti-Christian threads all the time . Christians are not Jesus, we are told love our enemies and pray for them , but i have to admit i have a hard time loving some on here .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

ok so i have done the mercy ships and building in Kenya, I do soup runs, do street pastoring, helped with teen challenge,  does that mean you are wrong and I am a Christian...??

Not at all.  You don't have it in your heart.  People are joiners, and you can join in lots of activities for social purposes.  It may be profitable in many ways.

Christian charity, as I see it, is an instinct for the humanist way.  It is uninterrupted and unmitigated.  That is what Jesus taught.  Paul taught institutions.  Christian Charity preceded the Holy Bible.

Oh i see, so you can look in to peoples hearts now, why didn't you say..lol

obviously you have changed your mind about Christian Charity now you realise you are wrong again...
i guess you were a Christian once and dispelled God through your intellectual prowess...

perhaps you should read the topic on the Christian daily devotional it's from Romans, "there is now no condemnation for those in Christ"... laters........ Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Not at all.  You don't have it in your heart.  People are joiners, and you can join in lots of activities for social purposes.  It may be profitable in many ways.

Christian charity, as I see it, is an instinct for the humanist way.  It is uninterrupted and unmitigated.  That is what Jesus taught.  Paul taught institutions.  Christian Charity preceded the Holy Bible.

any Christian who joined this forum would lose their cool because of the constant taunting and anti-Christian threads all the time . Christians are not Jesus, we are told love our enemies and pray for them , but i have to admit i have a hard time loving some on here .

ignore him love he's just deflecting from loaned woof, as i said before if the guy only fell out with you and I there might be some thought but he is just abusive to everyone... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:00 am

I think a couple of poster are the same poster.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde


_________________
”Some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal” ~ Albert Camus
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35208
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:47 am

eddie wrote:I think a couple of poster are the same poster.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde


I've often thought that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:59 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

any Christian who joined this forum would lose their cool because of the constant taunting and anti-Christian threads all the time . Christians are not Jesus, we are told love our enemies and pray for them , but i have to admit i have a hard time loving some on here .

ignore him love he's just deflecting from loaned woof, as i said before if the guy only fell out with you and I there might be some thought but he is just abusive to everyone... Smile

that's true xx

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:48 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

any Christian who joined this forum would lose their cool because of the constant taunting and anti-Christian threads all the time . Christians are not Jesus, we are told love our enemies and pray for them , but i have to admit i have a hard time loving some on here .

ignore him love he's just deflecting from loaned woof, as i said before if the guy only fell out with you and I there might be some thought but he is just abusive to everyone... Smile

The problem VOD is that Christians can't take it.  They can't sell it, and they can't take it.

For a Christian...common everyday discussion has several taboo subjects.  One is the patent fact that the ideas espoused in the Bible are simply unbelievable to a rational man or woman.  Like erosion on a statute, the original image fit the way people thought at the time...but as the weather wore it down, the shape no longer fit with any rational pattern of belief.  Today, religion is mostly a quaint recollection of one's childhood, like Santa or the Easter Bunny (who are religious icons).  Mothers and fathers used it to teach children moral points through the folk tales in the Bible, but as you grew up the metaphors needed to be more mature and relevant.

The problem is, when a non-Christian expresses this, for you, that is perceived as an attack.  So your belief is irrational, but for anyone to say that is perceived by you to be hostility.  Of course, you are not hurting anyone but yourself.  Others don't care if you want to curl up into a cocoon and not communicate.  You become a hermit or a bag lady in NYC, muttering internal self-talk. It's happened before...who did you think those people were?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

ignore him love he's just deflecting from loaned woof, as i said before if the guy only fell out with you and I there might be some thought but he is just abusive to everyone... Smile

The problem VOD is that Christians can't take it.  They can't sell it, and they can't take it.

For a Christian...common everyday discussion has several taboo subjects.  One is the patent fact that the ideas espoused in the Bible are simply unbelievable to a rational man or woman.  Like erosion on a statute, the original image fit the way people thought at the time...but as the weather wore it down, the shape no longer fit with any rational pattern of belief.  Today, religion is mostly a quaint recollection of one's childhood, like Santa or the Easter Bunny (who are religious icons).  Mothers and fathers used it to teach children moral points through the folk tales in the Bible, but as you grew up the metaphors needed to be more mature and relevant.

The problem is, when a non-Christian expresses this, for you, that is perceived as an attack.  So your belief is irrational, but for anyone to say that is perceived by you to be hostility.  Of course, you are not hurting anyone but yourself.  Others don't care if you want to curl up into a cocoon and not communicate.  You become a hermit or a bag lady in NYC, muttering internal self-talk.  It's happened before...who did you think those people were?

Those with faith are not hurting themselves though. It's the ones who scream at them that there is no God who are hurting themselves. They could mind their own business, but they won't do that - such is their indignation that someone might believe something they can't accept.

It's kind of irritating that militant atheists keep sticking their beaks in, and seem to think that they can change the mind of a believer.


Last edited by Raggamuffin on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30828
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Well said rags

_________________
”Some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal” ~ Albert Camus
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35208
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:16 pm

eddie wrote:Well said rags

Thank you eddie.

I know what someone is bound to say - well Christians are hurting others with their beliefs, blah, blah, blah, but on this forum, it's rarely connected to that kind of thing. There are those who nag and nag endlessly simply because they can't bear Christians to have any faith at all. They abuse them, they claim they feel sorry for them, they call them silly, they will try anything. Why do they not just mind their own business?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30828
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Well said rags

Thank you eddie.

I know what someone is bound to say - well Christians are hurting others with their beliefs, blah, blah, blah, but on this forum, it's rarely connected to that kind of thing. There are those who nag and nag endlessly simply because they can't bear Christians to have any faith at all. They abuse them, they claim they feel sorry for them, they call them silly, they will try anything. Why do they not just mind their own business?

I don't know.
To my mind, most Muslims are not terrorists or evil and are left alone - and rightly so.
I have no idea why the same logic isn't extended to Christians?

To me, religion is a personal thing and gives comfort, company and assurance to people who need it. I don't have a religion but I totally understand those that do have it in their lives.

_________________
”Some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal” ~ Albert Camus
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35208
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:21 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Thank you eddie.

I know what someone is bound to say - well Christians are hurting others with their beliefs, blah, blah, blah, but on this forum, it's rarely connected to that kind of thing. There are those who nag and nag endlessly simply because they can't bear Christians to have any faith at all. They abuse them, they claim they feel sorry for them, they call them silly, they will try anything. Why do they not just mind their own business?

I don't know.
To my mind, most Muslims are not terrorists or evil and are left alone - and rightly so.
I have no idea why the same logic isn't extended to Christians?

To me, religion is a personal thing and gives comfort, company and assurance to people who need it. I don't have a religion but I totally understand those that do have it in their lives.

Yes. Some people seem to begrudge others that comfort for some reason.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30828
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

ignore him love he's just deflecting from loaned woof, as i said before if the guy only fell out with you and I there might be some thought but he is just abusive to everyone... Smile

The problem VOD is that Christians can't take it.  They can't sell it, and they can't take it.

For a Christian...common everyday discussion has several taboo subjects.  One is the patent fact that the ideas espoused in the Bible are simply unbelievable to a rational man or woman.  Like erosion on a statute, the original image fit the way people thought at the time...but as the weather wore it down, the shape no longer fit with any rational pattern of belief.  Today, religion is mostly a quaint recollection of one's childhood, like Santa or the Easter Bunny (who are religious icons).  Mothers and fathers used it to teach children moral points through the folk tales in the Bible, but as you grew up the metaphors needed to be more mature and relevant.

The problem is, when a non-Christian expresses this, for you, that is perceived as an attack.  So your belief is irrational, but for anyone to say that is perceived by you to be hostility.  Of course, you are not hurting anyone but yourself.  Others don't care if you want to curl up into a cocoon and not communicate.  You become a hermit or a bag lady in NYC, muttering internal self-talk.  It's happened before...who did you think those people were?

I take it you do not believe in aliens, ufo's, you can only believe in what is rational, I feel sorry for you as the supernatural cannot exists, the next problem is it is your opinion and definition of rational, that can vary wildly from person to person, to some evolution is irrational as it presents as many problems as it cures, the big bang theory is irrational to some..

so all we are harping back to is what we chose to believe...


Last edited by heavenlyfatheragain on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by nicko on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:27 pm

Wolf, [what misnomer for a angry little boy] is just an unhappy person who has no life to speak of and is jealous of those who do.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9761
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Talk about misleading, eds doesn't even reveal that she has board manipulation powers. Everyone else advertises their 'Admin' status.

I think that is a false and misleading title. Ha...from now I'll refer to her as false and misleading eddie!. We can make it f/m eds, for short. Rolling Eyes

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:34 pm

isnt lurker a mod too?

what happened to mods and admin having different coloured names?

have you finally lost the plot quill

or are you just being an arse having a baby paddy because she altered your (misleading) thread title?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:35 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The problem VOD is that Christians can't take it.  They can't sell it, and they can't take it.

For a Christian...common everyday discussion has several taboo subjects.  One is the patent fact that the ideas espoused in the Bible are simply unbelievable to a rational man or woman.  Like erosion on a statute, the original image fit the way people thought at the time...but as the weather wore it down, the shape no longer fit with any rational pattern of belief.  Today, religion is mostly a quaint recollection of one's childhood, like Santa or the Easter Bunny (who are religious icons).  Mothers and fathers used it to teach children moral points through the folk tales in the Bible, but as you grew up the metaphors needed to be more mature and relevant.

The problem is, when a non-Christian expresses this, for you, that is perceived as an attack.  So your belief is irrational, but for anyone to say that is perceived by you to be hostility.  Of course, you are not hurting anyone but yourself.  Others don't care if you want to curl up into a cocoon and not communicate.  You become a hermit or a bag lady in NYC, muttering internal self-talk.  It's happened before...who did you think those people were?

I take it you do not believe in aliens, ufo's, you can only believe in what is rational, I feel sorry for you as the supernatural cannot exists, the next problem is it is your opinion and definition of rational, that can vary wildly from person to person, to some evolution is irrational as it presents as many problems as it cures, the big bang theory is irrational to some..

so all we are harping back to is hat e chose to believe...

and I choose to believe wolfie piggy is an uneducated and graceless boor

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:43 pm

darknessss wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

I take it you do not believe in aliens, ufo's, you can only believe in what is rational, I feel sorry for you as the supernatural cannot exists, the next problem is it is your opinion and definition of rational, that can vary wildly from person to person, to some evolution is irrational as it presents as many problems as it cures, the big bang theory is irrational to some..

so all we are harping back to is what we chose to believe...

and I choose to believe wolfie piggy is an uneducated and graceless boor

I think most people agree... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:46 pm

HF wrote:I take it you do not believe in aliens, ufo's, you can only believe in what is rational, I feel sorry for you as the supernatural cannot exists, the next problem is it is your opinion and definition of rational, that can vary wildly from person to person, to some evolution is irrational as it presents as many problems as it cures, the big bang theory is irrational to some..

so all we are harping back to is hat e chose to believe...

I think the idea of aliens is entirely plausible. I would need empirical proof though, and I have not yet received this.

The “supernatural” is no longer ‘super’ once it is understood. To argue for the un-understood is a non sequitur. Nevertheless, it is the essence of religion to argue for the un-understood as if it were real. How can you say it is real when you don’t even know what it is? To not understand is to not know, is it not?

Rational is very simple. It means: “based on facts or reason and not on emotions or feelings.” Reason is commonly expressed in the negative, as in: a thing cannot both be, and not be in the same time and place. It is an expression of consistency.

Evolution is simply one manifestation of science. In other words, it is a theory based upon facts and reason.

All of these explanations are available in a simple tool: a dictionary. I have provided one, open to the page defining ‘rational’. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rational

The reason why you gravitate toward religion is because you have a cluttered mind. You have no internal order in your thoughts. Without order, duplicity and inconsistency are allowed to exist.

Your mind becomes confused. In that confusion, you look for non-existent beings to guide you along. Some people imagine a unicorn: a mythical beast, combining the body of a horse with the horn of a rhinoceros. Others seek to recreate a father figure: “Our father who art in heaven…”

The help you seek is within. Start organizing your own thoughts rather than inventing specters and hallucinations.

But…maybe you have found there’s money in religion. It’s true. So, I'll sit back and watch. Carry on…



_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HF wrote:I take it you do not believe in aliens, ufo's, you can only believe in what is rational, I feel sorry for you as the supernatural cannot exists, the next problem is it is your opinion and definition of rational, that can vary wildly from person to person, to some evolution is irrational as it presents as many problems as it cures, the big bang theory is irrational to some..

so all we are harping back to is hat e chose to believe...

I think the idea of aliens is entirely plausible.  I would need empirical proof though, and I have not yet received this.

The “supernatural” is no longer ‘super’ once it is understood.  To argue for the un-understood is a non sequitur. Nevertheless, it is the essence of religion to argue for the un-understood as if it were real.  How can you say it is real when you don’t even know what it is?  To not understand is to not know, is it not?

Rational is very simple.  It means: “based on facts or reason and not on emotions or feelings.”  Reason is commonly expressed in the negative, as in: a thing cannot both be, and not be in the same time and place.  It is an expression of consistency.

quantum physics says otherwise..... Razz

Evolution is simply one manifestation of science.  In other words, it is a theory based upon facts and reason.

All of these explanations are available in a simple tool: a dictionary.  I have provided one, open to the page defining ‘rational’.  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rational  

The reason why you gravitate toward religion is because you have a cluttered mind.  You have no internal order in your thoughts.  Without order, duplicity and inconsistency are allowed to exist.  

Your mind becomes confused.  In that confusion, you look for non-existent beings to guide you along.  Some people imagine a unicorn: a mythical beast, combining the body of a horse with the horn of a rhinoceros.  Others seek to recreate a father figure: “Our father who art in heaven…”

The help you seek is within.  Start organizing your own thoughts rather than inventing specters and hallucinations.  

But…maybe you have found there’s money in religion.  It’s true.  So, I'll sit back and watch.  Carry on…  



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:57 pm

darknessss wrote:isnt lurker a mod too?

what happened to mods and admin having different coloured names?

have you finally lost the plot quill

or are you just being an arse having a baby paddy because she altered your (misleading) thread title?

Hey, I've still got my wits about me. You lost yours a couple of years ago. Lol

You are only happy about what eds did because you and she are conservatives, and it was a conservative move taking advantage of the rules to play a conservative game. If she had been a liberal and altered a post, you would have been shitting. It's all in whose ox is gored.

You just stumbled on the fact that there are inconsistencies in titles? Chrissake man, that's been going on for months. Pay attention. That's why eds' excuse that she was just seeking clarity, after I had announced what I was doing, is pure bullshite. We all know the motive.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HF wrote:I take it you do not believe in aliens, ufo's, you can only believe in what is rational, I feel sorry for you as the supernatural cannot exists, the next problem is it is your opinion and definition of rational, that can vary wildly from person to person, to some evolution is irrational as it presents as many problems as it cures, the big bang theory is irrational to some..

so all we are harping back to is hat e chose to believe...

I think the idea of aliens is entirely plausible.  I would need empirical proof though, and I have not yet received this.

The “supernatural” is no longer ‘super’ once it is understood.  To argue for the un-understood is a non sequitur. Nevertheless, it is the essence of religion to argue for the un-understood as if it were real.  How can you say it is real when you don’t even know what it is?  To not understand is to not know, is it not?

Rational is very simple.  It means: “based on facts or reason and not on emotions or feelings.”  Reason is commonly expressed in the negative, as in: a thing cannot both be, and not be in the same time and place.  It is an expression of consistency.

Evolution is simply one manifestation of science.  In other words, it is a theory based upon facts and reason.

All of these explanations are available in a simple tool: a dictionary.  I have provided one, open to the page defining ‘rational’.  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rational  

The reason why you gravitate toward religion is because you have a cluttered mind.  You have no internal order in your thoughts.  Without order, duplicity and inconsistency are allowed to exist.  

Your mind becomes confused.  In that confusion, you look for non-existent beings to guide you along.  Some people imagine a unicorn: a mythical beast, combining the body of a horse with the horn of a rhinoceros.  Others seek to recreate a father figure: “Our father who art in heaven…”

The help you seek is within.  Start organizing your own thoughts rather than inventing specters and hallucinations.  

But…maybe you have found there’s money in religion.  It’s true.  So, I'll sit back and watch.  Carry on…  





lol aliens are plausible, i thought as much...

I think you have destroyed your on argument, who is to say the bible one day will be understood fully and seen fully completed...

you give science time to prove itself, the answers will come so you claim...

evolution is based purely on theory, no facts support it at all...

the big bang, everything ever considered is after the actual event...all theory...

you chose to follow and believe the evidence men put to you, men just as fallible as yourself..

you have chosen the religion of humanity and science.... because you believe the evidence they present..

I believe there is a creator on the evidence I have chosen to bellieve...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:00 pm

I suggest you get some treatment for that paranoia or you will end up as screwed as your pet wolfie boy.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:05 pm

Victor wrote:quantum physics says otherwise..... Razz

Yes, but it is called the 'inconsistency principle' for a reason. It may well be that our phenomenology is what does not approximate the world. But when you think it through, that has only to do with our language...albeit, our internal self-talk.

Correcting ontological theories has been going on for centuries.




_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:12 pm

HF wrote:I think you have destroyed your on argument, who is to say the bible one day will be understood fully and seen fully completed...

But to argue for it--as you admit you do--on the basis of non-knowledge, is inane. First you study and know something, then you speak. That's the common rule of all human knowledge.

Your god is a unicorn. I've never actually seen a unicorn. I've never actually see a god. Sweeping away the bullshite, neither have you. Ergo: you speak without knowing. Rearrange the words, and it becomes you don't know what you're talking about! Simple.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HF wrote:I think you have destroyed your on argument, who is to say the bible one day will be understood fully and seen fully completed...

But to argue for it--as you admit you do--on the basis of non-knowledge, is inane.  First you study and know something, then you speak.  That's the common rule of all human knowledge.

Your god is a unicorn.  I've never actually seen a unicorn.  I've never actually see a god.  Sweeping away the bullshite, neither have you.  Ergo: you speak without knowing.  Rearrange the words, and it becomes you don't know what you're talking about!  Simple.

I have studied the word of God and as paul said I am convinced....

but i have seen the effects of God...

so are you saying nothing can exist before we decide it does or even before we prove it can??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:17 pm

darknessss wrote:I suggest you get some treatment for that paranoia or you will end up as screwed as your pet wolfie boy.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

If I followed you suggestions, I'd be a retired drunk with a loaded shotgun, passed out in a haystack. Laughing

No thanks. Evil or Very Mad

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:22 pm

well if you really feel the need to drink to excess...thats YOUR problem, not mine...

interestingly you dont deny the suggestion of paranoia though....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum